19 19
quade

DB Cooper

It's impossible to make assumptions on the tie, or anything found in, around, over, inside, or beneath it...as it relates to metal particles or things that somehow adhered to the tie over a period of time. 

Why not?

Because no one can establish a chain of evidence on it. 

Because no one can prove that the tie was Cooper's for any extended length of time.

Because no one can prove WHERE Cooper got the tie he used. 

Actually, it was witness Dawn Androsko of Fox Island, Washington who may have given the most comprehensive response after seeing an unmarked (no credit or ID) picture of the tie and tie clip:

"Well, I don't recognize the tie, but I saw Kenny wearing that clip a few times." (paraphrased) 

Yours truly:  "Are you sure?"

Androsko: "Yes, I'm sure. He also gave me that cuckoo clock on the wall."

Yours truly: "Was this before or after the hijacking?"

Androsko: "Not long after. He gave it to me after he came back from one of his trips to Japan."

DawnJAndruskofoxislandweb.JPG.34db34457bd4662351d296f474919550.JPG

Edited by RobertMBlevins

To ensure people understand the exchange between Mrs. Androsko, myself, and the witness/observer who was also in the room, (her grandson Jonathan) I should explain a couple of things. What you read up there was a compressed version of events. 

When I arrived at the home, it was Jonathan who answered the door. I had not given advance notice to anyone that I was stopping by with my little folder of files and pictures. I asked Jonathan if this was Mrs. Androsko's house and he said yes. Then I told him I was there to speak to her about a guy named Kenny Christiansen. He asked me to wait, which I did, and then returned and said that he and his brothers took turns stopping in and helping her out occasionally...and that yes...she would speak to me. 

In order to avoid slanting or tipping people off to why I was really wanting to interview them on Kenny, I usually said I was a writer doing a biography on Kenny's life...not that he was a suspect in the hijacking. And I did that with this interview as well. Her grandson sat nearby while I talked to Androsko. At first, I just made small talk about Kenny and she asked me if I knew Kenny was gay. I said yes, but I said...to sort of test the waters and find out if Kenny was the obvious, effeminate type...that I thought it would be hard to tell with him. She agreed, and said few people knew about it because he didn't 'act' gay. Well, okay. Being old fashioned, she didn't use the term 'gay,' but homosexual. Okay again. ^_^

She said she and Kenny were friends for many years and that he was a nice guy. (A common thing people said about him.) I opened the folder and pushed over the tie picture. There was no text other ID on the picture, but she pointed out the tie clip right away. Said she was sure he owned one just like it. Didn't recognize the tie. 

Androsko volunteered the information about the clock, although at first I just nodded to her about that. It was soon after that I told her the real reason I was there, i.e. I was actually investigating the hijacking and Kenny was a possible suspect. She seemed surprised about that, and not at all convinced. After that, I managed to learn three things from her. 

First, that Kenny owned a toupee that he wore on social occasions sometimes, but not after the date of the hijacking. (She remembered the day of the hijacking very well) Second, that Kenny gave her the clock in the year after the hijacking. Third, that she never saw him wear the tie clip after the date of the hijacking. Some people discount her story, but she also admitted receiving a $5,000 payment from him in April 1972. She remembered this easily because it was the money she used as a down payment to move she and her four kids OUT of her brother Bernie's home shortly afterward. She had recently divorced, and traveled from Minnesota to her brother's house and moved in with him the summer prior to the hijacking. 

It's a complicated story for sure. However, I considered her testimony to be honest, valid, and to the best of her ability. She showed no signs of dementia or mental instability. Later, her daughter Denise came forward as well with her testimony regarding Kenny building a device using red electrical tape, rolls of quarters, wires, and a big battery. Denise described this incident in great detail for the John Dower movie, The Mystery of D.B. Cooper, but it's likely that part was cut from the film. This is too bad, because it was very good testimony. Unfortunately, Dower was known to shoot ten or twenty hours of film for a movie lasting eighty minutes. 

Due to the fact that Bernie Geestman was caught lying on national TV and to History Channel execs, that Denise gave the testimony she did, along with her mother's testimony regarding the tie clip and the loan, plus Bernie's ex-wife flat-out admitting that Bernie was involved in the hijacking...plus the fact that none of these people were in collusion regarding their testimonies...I came to the idea that there was too much evidence to simply ignore. 

People can take all of this as they wish, but it exists. Can I stand here and tell you without any doubt that I am 100% sure KC was Cooper and that Bernie Geestman not only was the catalyst...provided the garage where Kenny built a phony bomb...and was a direct accomplice? Not really. But I suspect that's exactly what happened. 

Tell you the truth folks, I'm more concerned lately on Covid than I am on Cooper. I don't figure I will ever be able to prove to anyone beyond a doubt that Kenny Christiansen was Cooper, and although I haven't given up on that, it is no longer my Prime Directive, as Star Trek would say. 

Let me be perfectly frank with you on a personal level. Neither Gayla or I have any family remaining in Washington state. At one time the Thanksgiving gatherings were a full house and legend. Christmas was even bigger. But over the years everyone bailed to other places for one reason or other. Gayla and I are the last holdouts, after my sister and her husband recently moved to Montana.

The only thing I really care about these days is to ensure at least decent attendance to the big Cooper Party next year, and then move from Washington as well. 

As they say, "It's been fun...but I gotta run." But I promise you that before we pack up everything and head for California that we will try to toss Cooper fans (or anyone else who cares to show up) one hell of a party before we do. 

On 10/7/2020 at 4:05 PM, FLYJACK said:

Maj Russell Weber was in the 84th in Oct 1971.. (doesn't look like he was one of the F106 318th chase pilots, or any chase pilot.. fractured leg and shoulder in Oct 71)

Confirmed by Interceptor Magazine, February 1972: Maj. Russell Weber broke his shoulder in an ejection in October 1971.

Interceptor_1972_02 p12-16.pdf

Saw a clip of Ulis for the upcoming TV show..

He uses the FBI claim possibly brown eyes to suggest that may include blue eyes as Sheridan has blue eyes.

That is a misread of the FBI info..

The FBI files often say "dark eyes" and "probably brown or black" or "possibly brown". Eyes were dark, possibly brown, that doesn't include blue. 

darkeyes.jpeg.8bfa883273a13e5f61fe30020c0d5bc7.jpeg

He also says,, he hasn't found evidence that Sheridan smoked.. we know Cooper smoked and this indicates a long term smoker.

ciggstainright.jpeg.2b1083f600b023cc377a542e6a787f0d.jpeg

Saw the same stuff yesterday. I know one thing about Sheridan Peterson. He doesn't want anything further to do with Eric, or anyone at the Cooper Forum. I won't limit it there, either. He pretty much wrote off anyone investigating the Cooper case. 

After all the lies people told about him to stuff his round butt into that square Cooper Conviction box, you can hardly blame him. I think you and I, and possibly Mark M ('377') were the only ones who stood in his defense. They still justify their actions 'over there,' yet the truth remains they outright stole his book and published it in paperback for a whopping $25 a copy, even though they knew AB of Seattle was ready to do it professionally at the trade rate for Sheridan for free. (About $7 wholesale trade rate, Kindle at $2.99, paperback retail at $12.99, worldwide distribution at the trade rate via Ingram/Lightning Source, etc.) Life's work stolen and Sheridan was totally screwed. Since the book has no distribution other than Amazon at a ridiculous price, its current ranking of roughly 4,300,000 at Amazon means maybe one or two sales a year without even a Kindle version available.

However, the same site where this plagiarism was discussed, and some of the members bought personal copies for bragging rights at a Cooper convention...leaving Sheridan nothing to show for his years of work...well, you can see where this is going. 

Now that he reaches the closing years of his life, the same people who supported all this want to say he was a criminal. And they do it based on lies, a lack of hard evidence or witness testimony, are mostly led by EU, and supported by the same folks who stole Sheridan's book.

Nice folks over there. Well, what goes around...often comes around. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

19 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Not sure why, but I'm getting a lot of email messages today about Cooper. Haven't looked at most of them yet, but all of them are from people I never heard of. Could be the History Channel show, but that hasn't even aired yet. That's later tonight. Weird. 

It played at 6 PM PST here,, 

44 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

It played at 6 PM PST here,, 

Ah...I see. Well, I did go over to Shutter's place just now and saw that Bruce was getting the same stuff. That explains it then. 

Also saw they were making a big deal about Lyle Christiansen and all that. Usual baloney. 

For the uninformed, and to at least combat the constant flow of lies dribbling like gruel from Shutter's mouth...if Lyle had actually been interested in a movie contract and money...he would NOT have signed the agreement with Adventure Books of Seattle granting him ABSOLUTELY ZERO MONEY in exchange for releasing Kenny's story to us. Shutter keeps forgetting that. Lyle was never interested in money. He just thought his brother was Cooper. Did Shutter actually believe we didn't think of that at the beginning? That Lyle might be sending me off on some wild goose chase for 16 months all over the Great Northwest, to investigate Kenny based on greed alone?

LOL we're not that dumb, Shutter. I drew up a contract with Lyle that basically granted him zip for anything...book sales, movie rights, etc and he signs over all rights to the Christiansen story. He signed it without hesitation. Then we moved forward. I insisted on this arrangement so I would be assured he was only looking for the truth on Kenny, and wasn't looking to make a buck. You see, when I agreed to do this investigation, I no longer had time to take in editing jobs, which made more money for AB of Seattle than our frickin' book sales at that time. I wasn't giving that lucrative income up (for a while) until I was sure. Lyle's signing the zero agreement made me sure of his honesty. 

And if YOURS TRULY were interested in just cashing in on Kenny's story...I would not have turned down thousands of dollars last September to extend the option with three movie companies, and instead, just let the whole thing lapse. Get real.

Shutter may not realize it, but some of his own users have contacted me privately about these issues, as well as some of the other bullshit he spreads around about me, but they will never tell HIM about it. ¬¬ Believe it or not, people DO occasionally go to the source for the other side of the issues.

I guess I should add that both Skipp Porteous' family as well as Kenny's family are fully supportive on anything we do, and the decisions we make, or have made, regarding Kenny's story. 

Don't have to believe me...ask them yourself if you wish. 

The reason Shutter is pissed off at us, and just can't quit spouting off baloney at his website is pretty simple. He hates it that I don't buy into his little closed clique, and continue to publish (wait for it now) the truth about Cooperland, especially at the Cooper WordPress site. No matter how hard he tries, he just can't stop his obsession with us.

He also hates it that I screen the comments for civility at WordPress/YouTube and don't allow straight up liars to leave filthy comments under phony identities and fake email addresses. Why would I allow that? Bruce S was allowing that until recently, until I pointed out that it made him look bad, not me. Views and the resulting emails from Cooper WordPress have always been active, but the difference being that there is no personal attack stuff going on there. The articles just ARE. They EXIST. They will stand the test of time, those 60+ illustrated articles. 

In the long run of things, most of this stuff is a tempest in a teapot. After a while, it just becomes boring. The bickering and the hate and the lies. Like those MAGA people in DC who won't face reality. Greg and I are already pricing classic rock cover bands who work out of the Shelton/Olympia area for next year's party, and assuming we can pull this off, I'm pretty much done with the public stuff regarding Cooper. The last two times I was contacted about going on Cooper TV, I turned them down. I did the John Dower thing because I was paid to do so. It was a big waste of time. 

Now I'm understanding why Ralph Himmelsbach dealt with the media the way he did. He was smarter than all of us. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins
spelling corrections

1 hour ago, Andrade1812 said:

Just FYI, Tom announced that the DNA sample was not from Cooper, it was in fact his own that had contaminated the sample. Unfortunately. 

Oh...damn. And I am still sitting here watching the show. Well, thanks for letting us west coast folks know. B)

Look...I can't say with any certainty that KC was Cooper. Suspecting is not the same as KNOWING. But I never thought Sheridan was Cooper, either. Not because he wasn't capable. He certainly was. Beyond the reasons I listed at WordPress, for me it came down to his basic nature and the way his life has gone. I just don't think he would have traveled all the way from Nepal, boarded a plane, and threatened people just for money. Sheridan, I believe, would have considered this type of thing beneath him. He has way too much character, and he would have come better dressed (proper shoes and clothing for a jump) for the occasion. 

After watching most of the show, my opinion is that Eric gave it a good try. I found this show to be more entertaining, and contained much more substance than that ridiculous DB Cooper - Case Closed fiasco. I will always support any TV presentation on the case that doesn't get totally ridiculous like THAT show did...because the one thing these shows do is to help keep the Cooper case in the public eye. 

The previous TV show by History Channel, the one I just mentioned back there...well, that was a joke. New York Times guy Billy Jensen, who was a part of that show, wanted nothing to do with it by the time it aired. I have his email about it. He was totally put off by the whole thing. Plus at the same time they are shooting that show, the production company is being investigated by ACTIVE FBI agents, which was pretty bizarre. I became a little jaded about TV shows regarding Cooper after that happened. And although the current show didn't prove their case, at least they were presenting honest material for the most part and not trying to make something out of nothing. I would give it 3-1/2 stars out of five on that basis alone.  

Not that it matters, but AB of Seattle DOES have possession of a completely pristine DNA sample for Lyle Christiansen. It remains sealed for now. 

EDIT: On a really strange side note, visits to the Cooper WordPress site absolutely jumped through the roof even before the show aired, and are increasing almost by the minute. Over 20,000 confirmed visits just today, when usually it's around 1,000-1,500 any average day. Why is it strange? Because the TV show mentions neither KC or myself, or even brings him up. So how the hell did all these people find me so quickly?

That's okay with me...I mean...the show is about Sheridan Peterson. And it was a good one. But it's strange nonetheless. In addition to that, I have more than 40 webform requests either wanting more info on the Cooper Party, or people telling me they now want to attend. I only created that page a few days ago, and until today we were getting few webform contacts, a couple a day is all. Then I went to Lightning Source and saw sales for Into The Blast were WAY up and real suddenly, at least for the US sales. (LSI divides sales into categories depending on where the sales occur, either US, South America, Asia, Australia, Europe, and Great Britain...because LSI has print and shipping facilities in those places. Amazon sales for us are minimal, far less than 2% of total sales, because we are wholesale.) Since LSI pays 90 days out (you are paid per monthly sales worldwide, 90 days later) my rough calculation shows we will receive a deposit for several thousand dollars at the end of February 2021 for November sales, and the month isn't even over yet. I have to thank the show for this, because it was obviously the catalyst. Geez, Louise. This is better than when the Decoded show aired. 

My take on all this is that even though the show wasn't able to prove Sheridan was Cooper, that all of Cooperland will benefit as a result of the show. That is a GOOD thing. I think I will adjust my rating on the Sheridan Show to four stars, just based on all those facts. I may not agree with Eric on certain points, but he did a better job than the LAST guys did. You have to give him that. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins
Some edits based on new information

Update: 

I called Greg the Techie Guy just now. He also watched the show, and we came to an agreement. AB of Seattle has decided to remove the two videos on Eric we're currently running at YouTube, as well as a couple of the articles about him at WordPress. 

We're not doing this because we don't believe the things we said. Yes, we still believe Eric played some games regarding a certain proposed party down in Portland, and some other issues we covered. 

However...due to the fact that Eric presented a decent TV show on the Cooper case, and seems to be a bit more honest these days than he was back then...

Plus the idea that the show is obviously benefiting AB of Seattle a great deal...

We decided it was best to reward that better behavior by burying the hatchet with Eric on things he was doing back when he first went public. I have no further comments on this decision, but that's the way we're going on this issue. I also modified our 'DB Cooper 2020 Year in Review' article. 

All of the things above have now been completed. And obviously we're moving forward with more enthusiasm on next summer's DB Cooper party. The only tricky part will be convincing a band to show up twenty miles off the main road in the Olympics. (Although it's paved for the first 15 miles) Greg says if we can't get a live band, we should just do a DJ, or bring a big stereo system with PA capability and microphones. Stupid me...I never thought of that, and we could keep the stereo afterward. This actually sounds like a good idea.

I've always said Greg is a lot smarter than I am. He proved it again. ^_^ 

EDIT: Greg has suggested instead that we purchase a good karaoke system with wireless mikes and dual speakers with stands that can also be used to do Cooper presentations as well. One that can also play music from media sources, in between all of that. Okay, I'm convinced. I canceled our gig request at The Bash, which is a site where you hire musicians locally. It was formerly known as GigMasters. We're going with Greg's idea. It's bound to be cheaper. I was receiving bids running from $850-$2,400 for a band, with 3-6 hours of music provided. I can do better than that via Amazon and we get to keep the gear we buy. Greg also points out that doing karaoke is well...a lot of fun. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

10 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

Just FYI, Tom announced that the DNA sample was not from Cooper, it was in fact his own that had contaminated the sample. Unfortunately. 

WOW, what a plot twist..  Tom is not Sheridan's daughters father.

The show was entertaining, I have to give Ulis credit for pulling it off.

The Sheridan is Cooper narrative is nonsense and wasn't fully vetted on either side. More of an entertainment show than factual and investigative but that is the nature of these things.

Funny thing, I contacted Tom Kaye back in March and asked him if he could get DNA off the sticky tabs he had from the tie..  turns out he used the vacuumed particles,, 

So, are the sticky tabs still a viable source for DNA??? Is there still hope.

Edited by FLYJACK

3 minutes ago, Andrade1812 said:

Fly, can you tell me which FOIA files have Egg Harbor mentioned in them? I remember one of the early ones had a longer 302 on it...

please and thank you

FBI file #35 page 293

"did not resemble"

"eliminated"

I have read that some suspects were eliminated then "un" eliminated...

So, eliminated was never definite.

Okay...okay. I can see I have created a monster. I had to wade through more than sixty requests for information today about the planned Cooper Party. Most of them didn't say they were actually coming. They said they wanted to know more about it, although some DID say 'put me on your list'. That's easy because their email address is included when they shoot us the contact form. I check all submitted email addresses to make sure they are genuine, which is easier than you think. 

Greg and I came to a conclusion about something. This will be official, so listen up because it will be added to the Cooper Party page at Adventure Books:

Absolutely NO ONE, and I do not care WHO they are...will be allowed to attend unless they provide proof that they have been vaccinated against Covid-19. This is assuming a vaccine is generally available PRIOR to the first weekend of June, and reasonably easy to obtain. If it isn't, we may put off the event for a bit until it IS. If there's one thing we refuse to do, it's causing someone to get sick. You MUST be vaccinated to attend. 

This is a fluid situation, but I can already see we're not going to have any trouble filling the available space. In fact, we're NOT going to run the Event Ad at Craigslist after all. Greg points out that if we do, if people show up out of nowhere at the rally point, we will have trouble screening them for Covid vaccination. He says we will be much better off with a smaller, more safe crowd. Damn Covid. But he is right. However, we will still do the press releases. The big problem with the Craigslist Event ad is you cannot restrict anything at all, or CL users will flag you. So the heck with that. We think this should be more of a private event this time and only include serious folks. I already know that a lot of folks are seeing the page at AB about it, and it's seven months out anyway. Further advertising is not only pointless, but without some safeguards, could be dangerous. I absolutely will NOT allow that. We're shifting our plan from public to more private. You will have to make arrangements with us to attend, or its no go. And I'm limiting attendance to no more than the first 75 motivated people. 

For security reasons, we've also decided on something else. Anyone who misses the time slot at the rally point that morning will be left behind...and so we don't piss off the US Forest Service guys...we will not be hanging those tacky pie plate signs off trees. 

I understand most of you don't live within range to attend this party, and can't go, but for anyone who is considering doing so, I will try to keep you updated. If you go to the AB of Seattle page on the party and the page isn't there anymore...we've reached out limit. Another decision we made was to go for quality over quantity. It will be more fun for everyone. 

Too bad about the DNA test thing. No, really. If Cooper's DNA profile had really been obtained, I would have volunteered up Lyle Christiansen's unopened/sealed sample for testing. I have a suggestion that Tom Kaye attempt to convince the FBI to release the results of their partial sample. In this way, perhaps a cheaper, more 'regular' DNA test could be used to compare to the partial. But I am not an expert on DNA by any means. 

The amounts on the Amazon Gift Card prizes have been decided. $100 for the overall winner, and three $50 cards for the three people who get first place in each category. (Cooper, stew, or flight crew). Some second and third place prizes will be provided in smaller amounts. I would do more, but Greg says we should host at least the BBQ meat for Saturday dinner. People can do their own side dishes. At Ariel in 2016 we had people show up with tons of ice to keep the food cold for serving. And mass tables with big plastic boxes where we put the cold food on ice. Obviously we can't haul all that up there. But you don't have to do that for BBQ. The meat portion will be free. Probably chicken I would imagine, and hamburgers. Fortunately, I still have a digital meat thermometer from the last time. B) 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

1 hour ago, Andrade1812 said:

Thanks Fly,

We might as well look at that Campbell CA/Shelton WA suspect too. Any paper trail there?

Shelton Wa

part 18 p 96

part 20 p 226

part 24 p 420

part 29 p 376/377

part 30 p 411

part 32 p 180/209/223/339

part 33 p 120/354

part 35 p 153

part 46 p 317/379

part 52 p 191/195

Campbell Ca

part 33 p 88/382

part 50 p 368

part 52 p 191

Fair Warning:

It's been less than a week since I put up the page and the contact form at the AB website about next year's Cooper Party...and since it looks as if a vaccine WILL be widely available...if you are even considering attending...remember to obtain some piece of paper or whatever they do to confirm YOU HAVE been vaccinated. Nine slots have now been filled out of a maximum of 75 slots. When we reach 75 confirmations on attendance...I will probably close the list right there, although I may go over that number by a few, to account for the few probable no-shows.  

(For security, and to not reveal everyone's email addresses to all recipients, we always use the Bcc ('blind carbon copy') function when doing email updates to a group.)

Now it's true that *some* of those people might not actually show up on the day of the party, but I do put everyone on a special email list for updates, so around a week or so prior, I should know how many are actually going. But unless a ridiculous number of them decide not to go at the last minute, I'm not going to re-open the list. 

Greg and I are starting to lean to the idea of requiring proof-of-vaccination and we will be hitting on that pretty hard in our updates to people. Out of the nine confirmed coming so far, no one has balked about this idea. So try to remember to obtain a slip of paper or something that assures us you HAVE been vaccinated, IF and WHEN you DO get vaccinated for Covid. Right now we are not requiring this..but we ARE leaning that way and it is early on in the process. (Of course, this assumes a vaccine will be freely available as June 2021 approaches. But this possibility is looking better all the time.) Bottom line is that if you do end up getting the shots, get something from the people who gave them to you that shows you did. Look at the bright side. You won't have to wear a mask out in public ever again. I'm going for the Moderna version, the one they call '1173' because it has fewer side effects and has been *tentatively* proven 95% effective. 

If I know you personally, or you are known in the Cooperland Community, you don't have to use the webform to contact us. Just email me with your slot request at [email protected] and I will get back to you. Make sure you let me know if you want to do a presentation at the party, and if you want any details about that to go out with the press releases. I have no idea how long it will take to reach 75 confirmed attendees, and maybe a few extra to account for no-shows...but remember when we do...I'm closing the attendance list/email update list, and no further information beyond that of a general nature will be provided publicly. So if you are considering attending and doing a presentation, whatever...I would not wait TOO long to do so. Just saying. Whether we have had arguments in the past is irrelevant. No one will be turned away because of that. Because this will be the last public event on Cooper we ever do in Washington state, everyone is on an equal basis, and will have the same opportunity to attend. Even Georger, although Iowa is a long way away. There's nothing wrong with Iowa. James T. Kirk was from Iowa, and I love Star Trek. B)

I see there has been a lack of responses by some of the players in Cooperland, and the usual posters here, to my updates on this event. The reality is that it will happen nonetheless. It's been in the planning for more than two years, i.e. gathering the gear, the test campouts for that gear, scouting possible locations, and how we will actually organize and do it successfully. We even checked out cell signal on possible locations. It's going to happen whether you want to participate or not. Obviously, we're not having any trouble getting people interested in going. All I can say is that if you sit this one out, all you will miss is a lot of fun. After two years of going to the Ariel parties, and a third sponsoring the final one...I decided to build on those ideas and show folks an even BETTER time than they had at Ariel. Some fairly smart folks besides me are now involved, and not only are they enthusiastic about it, they know what they are doing. I will not be making any presentations on the case myself, since I will be far too busy with other things. We're also inviting a few special guests, but that is a secret for now. 

Sincerely, Robert

Edited by RobertMBlevins
Late edit for some clarifications on details of the event

Greg informed me this morning that he has heavily updated the webpage on the June party, and I approved three more people who signed up to attend. I have approved the changes.

Well, the truth is that he made the suggestions, and I changed the page to reflect them. B) One big thing is that we believe a vaccine will be generally available before June 4, and we will require attendees to provide confirmation they actually got the vaccine. But we make it easy to do so. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

'They' drifting in one or two at a time. :handok: A fan of the Cooper case from Grays Harbor has requested to attend. This guy was auto-approved because I already know him. Greg says we should not cut off the mailing list at 75 or so, but just 'let it ride' and see how many people show up on June 4th. One reason is it sounds like a few people are coming just for the Saturday events. Another is they can still set up shop a short distance away, dispersed, if main area gets full. 

Before the snow sets in, I'm taking a couple of day trips up there and do some additional scouting. I have two good spots selected, but an extra option or two might not be a bad idea. Still six and a half months out. Plenty of time. What I'm looking for is one large space, and to see if there are outlying spots nearby for overflow....and CELL SIGNAL. Cell signal is very important, as people will certainly want the ability to go on the internet, plus we need it for any emergencies and to receive calls from anyone who gets to the rally point late and can't find their way to the main area. On one trip, I managed to provide internet to a laptop by 'tethering' a smart phone to the laptop. Speeds were slow, I mean...you weren't going to be playing online games...but watching YouTube videos and Facebook stuff went okay. Two weeks prior, a PDF goes out to everyone on the email list with a map to the rally point, must-know information, and the number to my throwaway smart phone. (I have a second smart phone, but I only use it for camping. It's pay as you go. I will usually load it just prior to a camping trip, even the ones where I have gone up there solo.) By doing this, I never have to give up my 'regular' number for camping events. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Oh, boy. I had a meeting with Greg and one other person on the Planning Committee for the party...virtually, of course...and Greg suggested that if we wanted space, and it was to be a smaller, rally point type event...then why don't we do it in Cooper Country instead of the Olympics? He named the spot on Weyerhauser property where the placard was found as a possibility, because we already have a good rapport with Weyerhauser and they previously gave us permission to enter the area and provide a key to the gate. A large open spot on top of a hill north of Mt. Rainier, in the area of Haller Pass was also brought up. 

I didn't agree with the Haller Pass idea, but I did think the other location might work. For one thing, we could advertise with the locals down in the Ariel/Amboy area, some of whom support our idea right now and helped us back in 2016.