47 47
quade

DB Cooper

55 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

They were F106's, and yes, of course they did.

Does your SAGE output or recordings show FOUR interceptors? I didn't ask about the F106s.

I am talking about two of these... F102

929641318_F-102Dagger_GowenField_BoiseID_googleEarth8689696.jpg.c691fed1b997364b83bc181dbcd5a665.jpg

NOT two of these... F106

F-106_Delta_Dart_2x.jpg.52389cfe64a4070d98522ac8a06b4c4a.jpg

There were four interceptors in the air along with the other assortment of chase aircraft.

18 minutes ago, c99acer said:

Does your SAGE output or recordings show FOUR interceptors? I didn't ask about the F106s.

I am talking about two of these... F102

929641318_F-102Dagger_GowenField_BoiseID_googleEarth8689696.jpg.c691fed1b997364b83bc181dbcd5a665.jpg

NOT two of these... F106

F-106_Delta_Dart_2x.jpg.52389cfe64a4070d98522ac8a06b4c4a.jpg

There were four interceptors in the air along with the other assortment of chase aircraft.

I don't think the F-102s were part of the SAGE system which could direct control and fire from jets..

That doesn't mean they weren't tracked by radar..

SAGE tracked everything.

The F-102s didn't intercept 305 until after the Columbia River. The F-106s turned back and the F-102s followed to Reno.

You had SAGE, AF and ATC tracking the planes.

Obviously, we don't have the SAGE primary data, it is military stuff that needs to be deciphered. 

There is nothing mysterious here.

The Reca narrative uses doubt to create a grand conspiracy, you can do that with anything.. If everything is a lie, they can make up anything, there is nothing to check.

They want people to believe everyone involved in the Cooper hijacking is lying and in real time comms...  vs Carl/Reca's account..

It is beyond tin foil hat stuff. This Reca nonsense is just making a mockery of the Cooper case.

Here, Reca was with Joan in August 1970.. in Michigan, in Lexington where Joan's brother lived using "Peca". They just made up the Reca timeline. They made it all up.

798592493_August031970.thumb.jpeg.1d9d96607c40920c43e5d616bc4421ac.jpeg

Did the Cliff Ammerman discussion at CC get recorded? I could have sworn he mentioned A7s or A6s. I was right next to him and remember looking at him after he said it. I think it was in the context of well after Portland. He may have misspoke or I misheard, but I’ve been an aviation fan most of my life and I’m pretty sure he mentioned Navy A6s or A7s coming from somewhere. 

It looks like the Reca shills are at it again. My only comment is that I don’t know if Osiadeciz was vetted. He seems to have a law enforcement background, but I’m skeptical. 

23 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Did the Cliff Ammerman discussion at CC get recorded? I could have sworn he mentioned A7s or A6s. I was right next to him and remember looking at him after he said it. I think it was in the context of well after Portland. He may have misspoke or I misheard, but I’ve been an aviation fan most of my life and I’m pretty sure he mentioned Navy A6s or A7s coming from somewhere. 

It looks like the Reca shills are at it again. My only comment is that I don’t know if Osiadeciz was vetted. He seems to have a law enforcement background, but I’m skeptical. 

I just did a vault search for A6's or A7's and nothing came up. Also did a Newspaper search and nothing is popping. Nothing in NORJAK or Tosaw either. 

21 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Apparently there were FOUR F-106s...

Two from McChord (dropped off) and two from California joined..

1373238106_ScreenShot2023-08-24at6_34_26PM.png.df1a22d121367979446a6976cfc7bd81.png

The only aircraft that tracked the airliner all the way to Reno was the Rescue C-130 which had joined up with the airliner in Southern Oregon or Northern California.

The C-130 was following the airliner when it was handed off from the Seattle Center to the Oakland Center and stayed with it until it landed in Reno.  It followed behind and 1000 feet higher than the airliner.

7 minutes ago, Robert99 said:

The only aircraft that tracked the airliner all the way to Reno was the Rescue C-130 which had joined up with the airliner in Southern Oregon or Northern California.

The C-130 was following the airliner when it was handed off from the Seattle Center to the Oakland Center and stayed with it until it landed in Reno.  It followed behind and 1000 feet higher than the airliner.

What is weird is the Air Force spokesman from McChord said that two F106s from California joined... never heard that before.

5 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

What is weird is the Air Force spokesman from McChord said that two F106s from California joined... never heard that before.

As I understand it, only the Rescue C-130 had visual contact with the airliner.  Some of the other aircraft were able to see it on their radars but not visually.

1 minute ago, Robert99 said:

As I understand it, only the Rescue C-130 had visual contact with the airliner.  Some of the other aircraft were able to see it on their radars but not visually.

Gray had it in his book as well.. "another pair of F-106" ..  maybe from the news article.

1530950798_ScreenShot2023-08-24at7_20_53PM.png.3d0a80eecc6b6f349b41a5facf3aac1b.png

(edited)

This is very very interesting....

I found a comment written last year by a retired AF Major Gary Larson..

He was given all the data and asked by the FBI to compute a DZ for Cooper..

NO, IT WASN"T ANYWHERE NEAR CLE ELUM.

I did a quick search and kept getting the cartoonist.. but there was one possible hit in Minnesota..

1542146816_ScreenShot2023-08-24at6_12_10PM.png.96aa0501ce7d60ced1b1c8a499b93319.png

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
25 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

This is very very interesting....

I found a comment written last year by a retired AF Major Gary Larson..

He was given all the data and asked by the FBI to compute a DZ for Cooper..

NO, IT WASN"T ANYWHERE NEAR CLE ELUM.

I did a quick search and kept getting the cartoonist.. but there was one possible hit in Minnesota..

1542146816_ScreenShot2023-08-24at6_12_10PM.png.96aa0501ce7d60ced1b1c8a499b93319.png

hmmmmmmmm ....  larger .........  nothing in the files so far about this!

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 22-41-27 DB Cooper.png

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 22-41-27 DB Cooper cb.png

Edited by georger

(edited)

I believe Larson may be who calculated the third DZ for the 73 search since Spangler was no longer there. This sorta jives with the article and him explaining how the agent said they were running out of funding. They certainly were not running out of funding when the first two USAF calculations were computed. Although there is an FBI doc that says their final 73 search was using a new mapping system from NWA. So hell if I know. Just a guess though. 

Regardless. His statement about this agent basically coming to him with hat in hand sounds like some of the language in the 302's from around late 72 when agents were begging for free help from the USAF and other entities. 

newdz.png

Edited by olemisscub
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

Yeah that article is what gave me his middle name earlier today. 

Chaucer is supposed to call him today.

Larson was a navigator and would be fully qualified to calculate the flight path.  If someone talks to him ask him to detail exactly what information the FBI gave him to evaluate.

And specifically, if the FBI gave him the Seattle ATC radio transcripts of the communications with the airliner, did he get an unredacted copy of those communications?

Also, did he get a full copy of the ARINC communications transcripts between the airliner and NWA?

2 hours ago, Robert99 said:

Larson was a navigator and would be fully qualified to calculate the flight path.  If someone talks to him ask him to detail exactly what information the FBI gave him to evaluate.

And specifically, if the FBI gave him the Seattle ATC radio transcripts of the communications with the airliner, did he get an unredacted copy of those communications?

Also, did he get a full copy of the ARINC communications transcripts between the airliner and NWA?

Presumably he wouldn't have needed anything from the FBI to calculate the flight path since the raw data from their tracking of 305 would have been recorded onto tapes, which is what Spangler used to create his calculations. No doubt those tapes would have still been at McChord when Larson did his calculations. 

Of course, calculating the drop zone would require some data from FBI and NWA. 

1 hour ago, olemisscub said:

Presumably he wouldn't have needed anything from the FBI to calculate the flight path since the raw data from their tracking of 305 would have been recorded onto tapes, which is what Spangler used to create his calculations. No doubt those tapes would have still been at McChord when Larson did his calculations. 

Of course, calculating the drop zone would require some data from FBI and NWA. 

Larson absolutely needs the raw data which would include the Seattle ATC transcripts among other things.  Both the Seattle and Oakland ATC radio transcripts were available in printed form within a week of the hijacking.  And the printed ARINC transcripts were available in almost real time on the evening of the hijacking.

Obviously, the FBI contacted Larson because the previous flight paths by Spangler and NWA personnel were not believable.  The FBI wanted fresh eyes on the matter and the place to start is with the original data and not what other people have done or messed up.

2 hours ago, Robert99 said:

Obviously, the FBI contacted Larson because the previous flight paths by Spangler and NWA personnel were not believable.  The FBI wanted fresh eyes on the matter and the place to start is with the original data and not what other people have done or messed up.

Yet he came up with the same flight path. Wonder why. 

• Like 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Robert99 said:

Larson absolutely needs the raw data which would include the Seattle ATC transcripts among other things.  Both the Seattle and Oakland ATC radio transcripts were available in printed form within a week of the hijacking.  And the printed ARINC transcripts were available in almost real time on the evening of the hijacking.

Obviouslyy !  ;P     

Edited by georger

4 hours ago, olemisscub said:

Yet he came up with the same flight path. Wonder why. 

What leads you to believe that Larson came up with the same flight path as Spangler?  

Where is Larson's flight path and where is Spangler's flight path?

I have never seen any flight path that was credited to either one of them.  Are you claiming that the so-called FBI Flight Path was prepared by one or both of them?

15 minutes ago, Robert99 said:

What leads you to believe that Larson came up with the same flight path as Spangler?  

Where is Larson's flight path and where is Spangler's flight path?

I have never seen any flight path that was credited to either one of them.  Are you claiming that the so-called FBI Flight Path was prepared by one or both of them?

I've recently spoken with a gentleman who was a SAGE radar operator in the early 70s and later became a senior director at NORAD. He gave me the full scoop on SAGE, the data used to calculate the USAF flight path map, and the process that went into its development. 

We no longer have to guess or speculate. 

I'll be sharing what he had to say as soon as I can type is all up.

SPOILER ALERT:  The Western Flight is DOA if it was ever alive to begin with. 

• Like 2