47 47
quade

DB Cooper

9 minutes ago, Slim King said:

It's funny to see you squirm. You've been told but you can't seem to grasp the reality of the situation. No one is going to do your research for you. Lazy people will never know anything. Even if I told you you wouldn't believe me. You never have before. What a joke!!!!  If I told you what he did that year then you'd demand what he did that month and if I told you that you'd want to know what he did that week and then what he did that day and then what he had for breakfast .....ROTFLMAO!!!!

That is a defensive comment,, what are you afraid of,,, the truth.

I am just seeking the truth, you seem to be avoiding it.

All I am looking for is an accurate timeline,,  

I know the claimed events between 1965 and 1971, there is no accurate timeline.

I don't need the day or week,, the year is good, rough month even better.

If you can't answer a simple question about a terrible suspect you keep pushing it supports the fact that entire Reca narrative is BS.

7 hours ago, Slim King said:

I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really are a nasty person... 

Clearly, Slim would rather throw insults than figure out the truth..

WE have part of the timeline..

1965 Big Boy robbery

caught and jumps bond leaves wife and daughter

moves around country settles in Wa

1967 extradited to Wi then returns to Wa WITH pregnant girlfriend.

1971 works at the Dam as a welder..

1972 buys a property for cash.

sometime later reunites with his wife

two things..

So, what was he doing from 1967 - 1971in Wa.

and when did he reunite with his wife?

Since Slim is trying to obfuscate the truth,,, Can anybody else fill in the timeline.

This is important..

13 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Found part of it,,

Reca was extradited from Wa State in 1967 stood trial and returned to Wa WITH his pregnant girlfriend...

So, when did he leave his family... between 1965 and 1967.

Also tied to your later post on the same, here is a bit more on the Walter Reca timeline. I am not the advocate, but have a few books. This is an abbreviated version from the Joe Koenig Book, "Getting the Truth..." (pp 305-339):

Oct 2, 1964    Judgement of Divorce from wife Joni in MI

Jun 22, 1965  Big Boy attempted robbery in Detroit, MI, jumps bail to northern CA.

July 1966   Walt moves to WA for better work. Wife (second/third?) and her son go with - she says she is pregnant.

Fall 1966    Same wife turns in "James" since friend calls him Walt. Arrested after police learn real name, extradited to MI

Feb 1967   Same wife, her son, and new baby boy with him in MI. Walt begins using 'Reca' around this time

1968          Wage and Labor dispute and letter writing campaign against Iron Workers Local #25, judgement against union - Walt and family move to Baton Rouge, LA

1969-70    Walt moving Northwesterly from Baton Rouge to FL to Altanta GA to other states on his way to WA

Jan 1971  Working for Vinnell Corporation. Some odd jobs and iron work at Grand Coulee Dam (tower three const?), WA. Living in Hartline, WA

(edited)
50 minutes ago, c99acer said:

Also tied to your later post on the same, here is a bit more on the Walter Reca timeline. I am not the advocate, but have a few books. This is an abbreviated version from the Joe Koenig Book, "Getting the Truth..." (pp 305-339):

Oct 2, 1964    Judgement of Divorce from wife Joni in MI

Jun 22, 1965  Big Boy attempted robbery in Detroit, MI, jumps bail to northern CA.

July 1966   Walt moves to WA for better work. Wife (second/third?) and her son go with - she says she is pregnant.

Fall 1966    Same wife turns in "James" since friend calls him Walt. Arrested after police learn real name, extradited to MI

Feb 1967   Same wife, her son, and new baby boy with him in MI. Walt begins using 'Reca' around this time

1968          Wage and Labor dispute and letter writing campaign against Iron Workers Local #25, judgement against union - Walt and family move to Baton Rouge, LA

1969-70    Walt moving Northwesterly from Baton Rouge to FL to Altanta GA to other states on his way to WA

Jan 1971  Working for Vinnell Corporation. Some odd jobs and iron work at Grand Coulee Dam (tower three const?), WA. Living in Hartline, WA

Great,,

Is Joni, the same Joan who he went back to later in life.

Who is Joan Reca/Peca..  was that the wife he left in 1964?

When did he get back together with Joan.

Joan is listed as his wife.. which one is that..

Dies 2001..

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/137827510/joan-marie-reca

Vern Jones claimed he jumped parole in 1967...

Edited by FLYJACK

FLYJACK,

Looks to be the same Joan/Joni person - from the Carl Laurin book, "D.B. Cooper & Me..." he lists both names anyway, on page 307. Joan was Walt's second wife. They married Nov 3, 1960. Leaves her early 1964, Divorce Judgement Oct 2, 1964 (from my previous note). Your link to her burial site seems to be in the same cemetery (Sacred Heart Cemetery, Oscoda MI) as Walter's headstone - I just searched Reca on that website.

Married his third wife (name redacted in Koenig book, Laurin names her 'Carla' in his book) Sep 30, 1974. Permanently separated 1978

Walt gets back with Joan/Joni in 1983 or 84 in MI. They do not marry again, but she changes her last name to Reca, April 12, 1984.

Walter had many parole violations from a variety of offenses in numerous states, as I recall. The Koenig book may have the best details. It is likely he jumped one in 1967.  

All the info comes from the same source, the Reca voice recordings and Carl Laurin notes. I am guessing the Vern Jones, Joe Koenig, and Carl Laurin information should match pretty well, as they all had access to it.

(edited)
28 minutes ago, c99acer said:

FLYJACK,

Looks to be the same Joan/Joni person - from the Carl Laurin book, "D.B. Cooper & Me..." he lists both names anyway, on page 307. Joan was Walt's second wife. They married Nov 3, 1960. Leaves her early 1964, Divorce Judgement Oct 2, 1964 (from my previous note). Your link to her burial site seems to be in the same cemetery (Sacred Heart Cemetery, Oscoda MI) as Walter's headstone - I just searched Reca on that website.

Married his third wife (name redacted in Koenig book, Laurin names her 'Carla' in his book) Sep 30, 1974. Permanently separated 1978

Walt gets back with Joan/Joni in 1983 or 84 in MI. They do not marry again, but she changes her last name to Reca, April 12, 1984.

Walter had many parole violations from a variety of offenses in numerous states, as I recall. The Koenig book may have the best details. It is likely he jumped one in 1967.  

All the info comes from the same source, the Reca voice recordings and Carl Laurin notes. I am guessing the Vern Jones, Joe Koenig, and Carl Laurin information should match pretty well, as they all had access to it.

Nice,,

I found evidence that Reca was with Joan in 1970 in Mi, likely visiting her family... and using the name Peca...

So, that fact doesn't fit the narrative.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Good lord at thinking that D.B. Cooper and his narrow face (a trait described by damn near every witness) looked anything like that square-headed dude with a bulbous wide nose. 

But hey, those ARE "not tie type shoes" he's wearing.... 

Edited by olemisscub

(edited)
4 hours ago, Slim King said:

Bit by bit you are confirming EVERYTHING I'VE BEEN SAYING!!!!!

I honestly am so happy!!!!!

45196120_506454266512526_5549676570584547328_n.jpeg

You haven't said anything to support Reca being Cooper.. you just deny the facts with no evidence.

The Reca narrative is BS.. there is no evidence to support Reca, the tapes prove Reca was not Cooper. His voice, his speech and getting many facts wrong..

Here are some clips of the Reca audio tapes...

Reca is a disaster,, Carl Laurin researched the Cooper case and fed Reca the information for the tapes... He led Reca with questions and answers but Carl got things wrong..

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/solved-d-b-cooper-the-real-story/id1473919127

claims he asked for used $20’s,,,  Cooper never gave a denomination

claims he didn’t get all used bills,,, Cooper got all used/circulated bills

claims he drank scotch and water,,, Cooper drank a Bourbon and 7up

claims he didn’t pick a 727 and wanted to jump out the side door,,, 

claims the flight path went East to Cle Elum,,,  flight path went South to Portland then Red Bluff and over to Reno.

claims scribbled on napkin,,, never any evidence of this

claims he didn’t know the 727 had a rear door,,, stew convinced him to use rear stairs,,  Cooper and passengers entered the plane via the rear stairs

claims wearing penny loafers,,, that was a media error, the shoes were described by stew as ankle high and laceless

Does not recall when he ordered plane to Mexico.

Does not recall how long plane was on ground in Seattle.

Told them going to Reno,,  Reno was later suggested by crew.

Notice Carl leads Reca with questions and gives him answers.

Reca speaks like he has a grade 8 education with a unique cadence and poor language skills..

Reca doesn't talk like Cooper, he doesn't look like Cooper, he doesn't get the facts of the hijacking right,, there is no evidence he was Cooper.

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 3

On 8/22/2023 at 9:57 PM, FLYJACK said:

Reca doesn't talk like Cooper, he doesn't look like Cooper, he doesn't get the facts of the hijacking right,, there is no evidence he was Cooper.

Isn't Reca the only Cooper Candidate that has an eye-witness on the ground? Osiadacz seems like a pretty good lead.

You mentioned Reca doesn't sound like Cooper - can you post recordings of Cooper's voice somehow?

Do you expect a living Cooper to be more forthcoming with information? He didn't hold his secret for 35 years, because he was easy to extract information from, or interview.

I read the Laurin book first, then watched the four episodes. Give it a try, might give a different perspective to a stale case.

(edited)
3 hours ago, c99acer said:

Isn't Reca the only Cooper Candidate that has an eye-witness on the ground? Osiadacz seems like a pretty good lead.

You mentioned Reca doesn't sound like Cooper - can you post recordings of Cooper's voice somehow?

Do you expect a living Cooper to be more forthcoming with information? He didn't hold his secret for 35 years, because he was easy to extract information from, or interview.

I read the Laurin book first, then watched the four episodes. Give it a try, might give a different perspective to a stale case.

Osiadacz is not a witness,, if he is telling the truth which is unverifiable he doesn't support Reca being the hijacker. At best he has Reca asking for a ride near Cle Elum which is nowhere near the flightpath.

Human recall 40-50 years later is the weakest "evidence" you can get. People lie and create a distorted perception of historical events.

Here are clips of Reca tapes... mixed with commentary..

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/solved-d-b-cooper-the-real-story/id1473919127

No way he is Cooper, he doesn't sound like Cooper, his speech and vocab is unique and very poor. He makes lots of case errors and is being led and fed information by Carl,,,

If we had ALL the tapes, I am sure there would be many more errors..

Reca was a petty thief and serial liar..  Carl took him and wove his years of flawed case research into Reca's life... he coached and led  Reca in those tapes.

Not only is there no real evidence.. they got so much wrong about the hijacking that it easily eliminates him.

To make this work the Reca people claim the CIA, FBI, Air Force, crew, witnesses, AF chase pilots, all the ATC operators, NWA, all the case documentation in real time and everyone involved in the case is participating in a massive conspiracy to cover for Reca..   either they are all lying or Carl and Reca are.

I always thought Barb Dayton was the worst Cooper suspect until Reca..

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Osiadacz is not a witness,, if he is telling the truth which is unverifiable he doesn't support Reca being the hijacker. At best he has Reca asking for a ride near Cle Elum which is nowhere near the flightpath.

My theory is that back in the 70's Reca overheard a pilot telling a story at a VFW hall or wherever talking about how he was flying a small aircraft the night of the Cooper hijacking and ran out of gas or had mechanical difficulties. He had to put the plane down and walk into Cle Elum to make a phone call. The punchline of the story being "I bet them folks thought I was D.B. Cooper! Har har!" 

Just a theory to explain Osiadacz's apparent earnestness about the story. Doesn't seem like he's just pulling the story from thin air. 

And the entire Reca grift is an insult to everyone in the Vortex. It's so bad it's almost a parody. 

11 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

My theory is that back in the 70's Reca overheard a pilot telling a story at a VFW hall or wherever talking about how he was flying a small aircraft the night of the Cooper hijacking and ran out of gas or had mechanical difficulties. He had to put the plane down and walk into Cle Elum to make a phone call. The punchline of the story being "I bet them folks thought I was D.B. Cooper! Har har!" 

Just a theory to explain Osiadacz's apparent earnestness about the story. Doesn't seem like he's just pulling the story from thin air. 

And the entire Reca grift is an insult to everyone in the Vortex. It's so bad it's almost a parody. 

Osiadacz's probably gave somebody a ride, no way to confirm it was even Reca.

It would be very difficult to 100% ID somebody after that long period of time.

"looked exactly like Reca" said Osiadacz's

It is very difficult to prove a negative.. 100% prove somebody is not Cooper.

There are many named suspects who we can't eliminate, Reca is not one of those.

3 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

At best he has Reca asking for a ride near Cle Elum which is nowhere near the flightpath.

The Reca story makes me explore a few other items.

Does anyone else question where the other set of Fighter/Interceptor aircraft were during this event? I see discussion on two F106 fighters, a T-33 trainer, a C-130 Hercules, and Himmelsbach in a helicopter. All these were following an obscured plane down to Portland. Who were the two F102 fighters following out of their base in Boise ID?

Not a pilot, but wouldn't you have an idea where you were when you landed? Why would you not be involved in the map creation process? Why no comments by the pilots until the map was presented?

Just now, c99acer said:

The Reca story makes me explore a few other items.

Does anyone else question where the other set of Fighter/Interceptor aircraft were during this event? I see discussion on two F106 fighters, a T-33 trainer, a C-130 Hercules, and Himmelsbach in a helicopter. All these were following an obscured plane down to Portland. Who were the two F102 fighters following out of their base in Boise ID?

"an obscured plane"???

You mean the obscured plane that was squawking "HIJACK! HIJACK!" on its frequency the entire way from Seattle to Reno? The obscured plane that Air Traffic Control all along the west coast were having to reroute traffic away from for three and a half hours? The obscured plane that was being computer recorded by the most advanced radar system on the planet at the time? I mean, you Reca folks do understand that the flight path the FBI were given wasn't just a guess, right? SAGE radar computers automatically recorded on database tapes the movement of any aircraft that was squawking for an emergency. It's location data was recorded every FIVE seconds. 

I asked Carr about the existence of other photos from inside the cabin the night of the hijacking, aside from the one we've all seen. He confirmed that there are a good many other cabin photos in the 1A files. So we should be getting to those soon in the vault. Of course they'll be crummy photocopies, but I'll at least be able to FOIA for them since we will know what their actual file folder number is. 

Just as a curiosity, I asked him if there were any photos of the cigarette butts, perhaps taken while in the ashtray or elsewhere. He said there are not. 

23 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

"an obscured plane"???

You mean the obscured plane that was squawking "HIJACK! HIJACK!" on its frequency the entire way from Seattle to Reno? The obscured plane that Air Traffic Control all along the west coast were having to reroute traffic away from for three and a half hours? The obscured plane that was being computer recorded by the most advanced radar system on the planet at the time? I mean, you Reca folks do understand that the flight path the FBI were given wasn't just a guess, right? SAGE radar computers automatically recorded on database tapes the movement of any aircraft that was squawking for an emergency. It's location data was recorded every FIVE seconds. 

So did the SAGE radar identify the F102 interceptors?

Wasn't there another aircraft that arrived in Portland from Seattle within minutes of the hijacked plane just passing over? Some of the people here and on Shutter's site reported weather conditions based on the pilot (Johnson?) that was just minutes behind - seems like the airway wasn't very cleared! - or maybe another flightpath was clear?

by "obscured", I meant by cloud cover. No visual on the plane until sighted by the T-33 or C130 south of Portland.

4 minutes ago, c99acer said:

Wasn't there another aircraft that arrived in Portland from Seattle within minutes of the hijacked plane just passing over? Some of the people here and on Shutter's site reported weather conditions based on the pilot (Johnson?) that was just minutes behind - seems like the airway wasn't very cleared! - or maybe another flightpath was clear?

by "obscured", I meant by cloud cover. No visual on the plane until sighted by the T-33 or C130 south of Portland.

Besides SAGE and the AF

The chase planes also had 305 on radar....

ATC had it on radar...

The general V-23 path south to Red Bluff then Reno is not disputable..

50 minutes ago, c99acer said:

They were F106's, and yes, of course they did. Their course would also have been tracked in real time by the computer and stored in a database. The computer would place a track symbology on the fighters' data based on their call signs. SAGE radar cost more than the Manhattan Project to develop. It was insanely state of the art for its time period. To think it couldn't track a slow moving, lumbering commercial airliner, is bonkers. They thing was designed to pick up supersonic jets and missiles, etc.

This is what's so frustrating with Western Flight Path or the Reca stuff. If your theory on DB Cooper requires the entire infrastructure of both our National Air Defense and Civilian Air Traffic Control to have shit the bed more than they've ever shit the bed in all of recorded history....then MAYBE you should reevaluate your theory.