18 18
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
7 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

The number of chutes wasn't the point..

It is the frustration of dealing with conflicts and inconsistencies within the FBI files..

If Flo's recall of the parachute demand in the note isn't correct,, what else is not correct.

Probably other things, sure. One of the problems is that many of the witnesses are either dead, or just won't speak to anybody. So even if you find a discrepancy in witness reports, it's hard to go to the source. 

I'm trying to remember here.  He left a good back chute on the plane, and a good reserve that he opened.  Which means he jumped with a good main, and a bad reserve. Right?

No D rings to attach it anyway. The non working reserve almost certainly went out the back before Cooper jumped. As well as a probably empty bag and a briefcase. 

LATE EDIT: It's been decided that we will do the Spring Cooper Campout at Spider Lake, Olympic National Forest. I have already done messages with the rangers. I know a few of them personally from assisting up there on Earth Day. Not every year, but quite a few times. I'll run the Craigslist event ad a week prior, and just toss it open to the public without restrictions. It's the only way they will let me run the ad there, because it reaches the forums, not just the people who search the ads. 

We will wing it, bring everything imaginable, and hope for the best. I'm not linking the ad publicly anywhere, and that means Facebook, WordPress, here at DZ, or the main AB site either. Anyone seeing those entries at those sites about the campout will know what to do, because info is provided. But as far as a public announcement as big as that will be, just going CL is quite enough. 

Truth is, I don't figure anyone really known in Cooperland is interested, so I'm going the public angle instead to see what happens. Rangers say everything is cool as long as we don't exceed 75 people or leave trash behind. But there are plenty of other sites nearby, especially that time of year (been there a few times) and I don't expect a crowd anyway. Why?

Because it's at least twenty miles from the main highway, and more than half is dirt and potholes. ^_^ 

Who knows? It may end up Greg and I up there alone watching movies. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

11 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Not to pooh-pooh this line of thought, but it really doesn't matter if Cooper asked for two, four, or sixteen chutes. What matters is what happened to the one he actually jumped with?

Where is it now? 

Personally, I think it's sitting somewhere at the FBI building in downtown Seattle. 

If that's the case, then what does it mean? Does it point to a specific suspect?

1 hour ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Let me give you the Readers Digest version: Robert thinks the Amboy Chute was Coopers.

You bet I do. I came to this conclusion by the articles, the statements by the FBI in the media about the whole incident, my contact with two agents in the Seattle office about it, and the ridiculous 'assessment' by the only outside person allowed to view the chute...Earl Cossey. 

I have to go to work now, but I will get back on this later. 

(edited)
7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

You bet I do. I came to this conclusion by the articles, the statements by the FBI in the media about the whole incident, my contact with two agents in the Seattle office about it, and the ridiculous 'assessment' by the only outside person allowed to view the chute...Earl Cossey. 

I have to go to work now, but I will get back on this later. 

Please don't. You've repeated your spill on the Amboy chute over and over. It's all here on these pages, multiple times, for anyone who is interested to see. Plus, I'm sure there are a gazillion wordpress articles also.

Edited by ParrotheadVol

(edited)
5 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Please don't. You've repeated your spill on the Amboy chute over and over. It's all here on these pages, multiple times, for anyone who is interested to see. Plus, I'm sure there are a gazillion wordpress articles also.

Only ONE WordPress article...and you are the one that brought it up, not me, smart guy. The difference between you and me is that I am far less gullible than YOU are. If this were not true, I would not have gotten as far as I have in this case already.

You want to believe that lame whitewash of a story the Seattle FBI laid on everyone about that parachute, feel free to do so. And if you do, I have some ocean beachfront property in Kansas you might be interested in. ^_^

As far as my gazillions of activity at WordPress, there are about sixty articles there, published over a five year period.

That's about one a month, on average.

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Just for the record, I call it like I see it. Always have, hopefully always will.

Whether it is me beating up Cooper investigator Bruce Smith, my views on the Cooper case itself, or even how they could have saved most of the victims of the Titanic, I will try to give it to you straight. I haven't always been right, but there it is.  

I'm kind of here and there I guess. B)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
2 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

So if the chute is Cooper's, does it point to anyone specific?

As far as I know, it doesn't point to anyone in particular. My theory is they realized it was Cooper's and decided to enter it into evidence and keep it quiet.

(Your next question below, probably:)

"Why would they do such a thing?"

Answer: Possibly because they had said for years they thought Cooper was dead, after they investigated the Tina Bar money. Maybe they didn't want to tip their hand, once they realized he wasn't. Or admit to the public that Cooper got away with it. Takes a live person to remove the harness and container from a parachute, take them elsewhere, (neither were found with the chute) and bury the canopy. 

It's my opinion that Cooper may have used the backpack container to carry the money out of the woods. That bank bag with the handles on it would have looked pretty obvious, and the FBI knew that bag, since they were the ones who delivered it to Cooper. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I did not spend a lot of time looking into this parachute, but as I recall, for some reason I did not think it was Cooper's, maybe due to the location where it was found, or something to do with the cords being more like a supply chute vs a personnel chute.

Regardless, the FBI held back info on the black clip on tie for 30 years, so for them to not disclose info about a parachute would make sense, and it is their prerogative to do so.  As for the tie, if a picture of that tie and tie clip had been given out in 1971, then maybe someone would have identified Cooper.  However, in order to rule out impostors, the FBI would have held back some info from the public.

Do you think it is coincidence that the chute was discovered in April 2008, and that Larry Carr went public asking for help on the case with a YouTube video in January 2009? Seems funny they would still care THAT much about solving the case if they had said for the previous thirty years they thought Cooper was dead. 

(edited)
8 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

New FBI file up #45

https://vault.fbi.gov/D-B-Cooper /d.b.-cooper-part-45-of-45/view

Most of it on suspect "Jack Scott Farmer"

My take-aways on the latest set of files:

• The FBI obviously has some prints they believe belong to Cooper. They sure make a lot of fingerprint requests, when possible, when another suspect comes to light. They also mention they have prints from the hijacking to compare them to. 
  • The FBI wasted a lot of time investigating people whom witnesses said 'looked like DB Cooper,' but when most of these suspects were checked out, did not come close to the description at all. They also investigate a lot of suspects with blue eyes. 
  • They waste a lot of time investigating this Jack Farmer guy for the hijacking, instead of trying to determine whether he really drowned PRIOR to the hijacking, which I found kind of foolish. 
  • Sounds like the FBI chased almost every lead that came their way, unless the provider of the lead said he got his/her information via a transmission from Venus or something. 
  • It seems more likely that if you were going to be fingered as possibly Cooper, there were three categories of people who did this: Worked with someone who might be Cooper, was a neighbor, or a woman he knew. 
  • An FBI agent got sprayed by a skunk during the initial hunt for Richard McCoy.
  • Reading the files, I imagine the hunt for Cooper by the FBI to be somewhat similar to the picture. 

B)
keystonecops.jpg.3870cfc8ea70da8cf2c3adff1f5d7506.jpg

Late Edit:  Noticed that Georger, aka Jerry Warner over at the Cooper Forum is once again copying over Flyjack's posts from Dropzone and commenting on them over there.

Usually not very nicely, either. 

The last time I copied over something from Shutter's DB Cooper Forum and posted it elsewhere with a response...he went after our server host on our old discussion forum. Wanted the whole thing shut down on copyright violations or something.

But if it done by someone at HIS site...everything is okay I guess. 

This only proves that both Shutter and the people he supports are nothing but a bunch of phonies, which I have said about them all along.

Going nowhere, accomplishing nothing, reaching almost nobody LOL. Now I understand why Shutter posted up a couple of weeks ago at his own site that he was considering closing down the whole thing. I'm not encouraging him to do that, but if he DID...few would actually miss the place. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

On 1/29/2020 at 10:21 PM, RobertMBlevins said:

The difference between you and me is that I am far less gullible than YOU are. If this were not true, I would not have gotten as far as I have in this case already.

Robert, there are plenty of words that can be used to describe me, some good and some not so good. "Gullible" is not one of those words.

As for how far you have gotten in this case already, that's only true if Kenny is Cooper. If he's not, then sir, you are certainly not the one to be calling other people gullible. 

2 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Robert, there are plenty of words that can be used to describe me, some good and some not so good. "Gullible" is not one of those words.

As for how far you have gotten in this case already, that's only true if Kenny is Cooper. If he's not, then sir, you are certainly not the one to be calling other people gullible. 

Gullible? Of course you are. You bought into the program over at the Cooper Forum, and in spades. 

I have no idea whether Kenny is Cooper. I'm a sci fi writer and book editor, mostly. I was just saddled with doing some legwork to find out. Despite what those folks at the Cooper Forum may have laid on you, the truth is my main priority. Anything else is baloney. 

For example, I saw that your buddy Bruce Smith, the guy you worship as King of Cooperland, had some concerns about Ariel Store owner Bryan Woodruff. I quoted Bruce and sent him an email with well...the TRUTH about things. Mutual back slapping by saps does not interest me in the least. The truth is the only thing that matters. I seldom reveal my own emails on the Cooper case, but this time I will make an exception:

Bruce Smith says:

News from Bryan Woodruff -
Dona Elliott's son, Bryan, and the current keeper of the Ariel Tavern, just sent me an email announcing that he is struggling with serious health issues. He's been dealing with a severe case of pneumonia all winter, and is still mostly bed-ridden it sounds like.

My response: 

This is because he lives in a place that is falling apart, where no one was willing to support the idea of helping him, because he lets dogs piss all over the living area and has done so for years, and drinks way too much. He's foolishly turned down every offer of help sent to him, and even members of his own family think he should split and share the stuff at the store. It's a big fat mess and neither you or your friends at the Cooper Forum bothered to get serious to assist. You were all too busy doing mutual back-slapping, or making yourselves feel good in front of small crowds. 

My latest option check for the upcoming DB Cooper movie came today. I'm blowing it all on a big Cooper Campout later this year. 

Everyone gets what they deserve in the end, Bruce. Even you. Maybe some day you will wake up and smell the coffee, but I doubt it. 

Sincerely, Robert

8 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Do you think it is coincidence that the chute was discovered in April 2008, and that Larry Carr went public asking for help on the case with a YouTube video in January 2009? Seems funny they would still care THAT much about solving the case if they had said for the previous thirty years they thought Cooper was dead. 

Could be.  Could also be that Larry Carr was just really interested in the case.  

Let's say the chute was Cooper's, what info could the FBI glean from it?

(edited)
7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

My take-aways on the latest set of files:

• The FBI obviously has some prints they believe belong to Cooper. They sure make a lot of fingerprint requests, when possible, when another suspect comes to light. They also mention they have prints from the hijacking to compare them to. 

Late Edit:  Noticed that Georger, aka Jerry Warner over at the Cooper Forum is once again copying over Flyjack's posts from Dropzone and commenting on them over there.

Usually not very nicely, either. 

It seems the fingerprints are a Hail Mary... they have unidentified prints but are unsure if they are Cooper's, some agents have said he didn't leave any prints. Who knows??

FBI file #45

HIJACKER HAS MANAGED TO AVOID ARREST TO THIS TIME. BECAUSE OF LACK OF HIS FINGERPRINTS AT TIME OF THE HIJACKING IS ESSENTIAL TO APPREHEND HIJACKER WITH MONEY RETRIVED AS A RESULT OF ACTS OF AIR PIRACY. 

Georger has been wrong for over a decade, he gets the case facts wrong often, even makes up evidence. Instead of admitting it he uses ridicule to maintain his denial. He has ridiculed, smeared or lied about almost everyone... 

Edited by FLYJACK

4 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

For example, I saw that your buddy Bruce Smith, the guy you worship as King of Cooperland, had some concerns about Ariel Store owner Bryan Woodruff.My response: 

More made up bullshit from you. When have I ever done or said anything to warrant that comment, that I "worship" Bruce Smith?

For the record, there is only one that I "worship". His name is Jesus Christ, perhaps you've heard of him.

(edited)
52 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

More made up bullshit from you. When have I ever done or said anything to warrant that comment, that I "worship" Bruce Smith?

For the record, there is only one that I "worship". His name is Jesus Christ, perhaps you've heard of him.

It's not made up. I worked with the guy personally for months, donated more than two thousand bucks to him in food, auction items, and cash, got him in several papers as well as getting his store on the Travel Channel...and he turned on me and practically everyone else involved in all that for no good reason. 

Once he got what he wanted. 

You don't need to sell me on religion. The nuns did that while I was in school. ^_^

Problem here is, some people in Cooperland like to deny the truth and deal in unreality instead of facing the issues head on. They don't need religion. They just need to stop lying to themselves, and extract themselves from denial. Sometimes I start to think I'm the only person in Cooperland who actually gives it to people straight. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

It's not made up. I worked with the guy personally for months, donated more than two thousand bucks to him in food, auction items, and cash, got him in several papers as well as getting his store on the Travel Channel...and he turned on me and practically everyone else involved in all that for no good reason. 

Once he got what he wanted. 

You don't need to sell me on religion. The nuns did that while I was in school. ^_^

Problem here is, some people in Cooperland like to deny the truth and deal in unreality instead of facing the issues head on. They don't need religion. They just need to stop lying to themselves, and extract themselves from denial. Sometimes I start to think I'm the only person in Cooperland who actually gives it to people straight. 

I wasn't talking about you and Bryan when I said it was made up. I was referring to my being gullible simply because I am a member of the Cooper forum, and my supposed worship of Bruce Smith.

What is between you and Bryan, is between you and Bryan. I have no opinion on it.

(edited)

Hmm. Okay. I will accept the idea that you aren't gullible if you can answer the following question correctly. And yes, there is a definite YES or NO answer:

Question: Do you believe the FBI, ATC, military SAGE radar, and the chase planes were all wrong....and that Flight 305 actually flew over Tina Bar? 

If your answer is yes, you are gullible. If no, you are not. ^_^

I went to Comcast Cable today and slapped them around like a red-haired stepchild. By the time I got done with them (after 17 years, it's a love-hate relationship) they dropped my bill forty bucks a month, gave me more channels, an enhanced box for the OTHER TV too...and boosted our internet speed to nearly a gigabyte a second. See picture. Should help us with both our dealings with the public, as well as the Cooper stuff. 
abspeedtest1.jpg.9dae1fc44713631afd9ad90100939ac3.jpg

What does this mean? It means if you send me an email...I will probably finish reading it before you actually send it to me. 

That was a joke...B)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

2 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Hmm. Okay. I will accept the idea that you aren't gullible if you can answer the following question correctly. And yes, there is a definite YES or NO answer:

Question: Do you believe the FBI, ATC, military SAGE radar, and the chase planes were all wrong....and that Flight 305 actually flew over Tina Bar? 

If your answer is yes, you are gullible. If no, you are not. ^_^

I don't owe you an answer to that question. But the honest answer is that I don't have enough knowledge of any of that to give an answer. I wish that 305 flew over Tena Bar, it would make things much easier. But at this point, I can't say that I believe that happened.

Spent 14 years of my life working for Comcast until I was fired for doing something my supervisor told me to do. I hated all 14 years I was there. Once I was fired, I found something much better and wondered why I spent so much time working for that shit company. Actually, between the job I have now and Comcast, I took a job as a janitor at a government facility in Oak Ridge TN (where the atomic bomb was developed). That was still better than working at Comcast and it paid more - you are not the only one in Coopertown that has scrubbed toilets.

(edited)
2 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

I don't owe you an answer to that question. But the honest answer is that I don't have enough knowledge of any of that to give an answer. I wish that 305 flew over Tena Bar, it would make things much easier. But at this point, I can't say that I believe that happened.

Spent 14 years of my life working for Comcast until I was fired for doing something my supervisor told me to do. I hated all 14 years I was there. Once I was fired, I found something much better and wondered why I spent so much time working for that shit company. Actually, between the job I have now and Comcast, I took a job as a janitor at a government facility in Oak Ridge TN (where the atomic bomb was developed). That was still better than working at Comcast and it paid more - you are not the only one in Coopertown that has scrubbed toilets.

Okay...I will take your answer to the question as a no. You are not gullible. Robert99 makes me laugh when he waves that wand and tries to explain why the flight must have crossed I-5 and went along the Columbia. 

As far as scrubbing toilets, the job is relatively easy and these days pays very well. Work four days a week, take vacations by rescheduling when I want, etc. It's not bad. 

I'll admit I have a 'tude' sometimes regarding the Cooper Forum. It's a site that puts itself up as the be-all and end-all of all things Cooper, but is more like the Fox News version of DB Cooper. One-sided, goes after anyone who has the guts to stand up to them, attacks anyone they wish. Monitors every post at Cooper Dropzone and elsewhere, but too chicken to address the people directly that they attack. 

When the production guys currently involved in the movie were doing their research back in 2017, the Cooper Forum was heavy on the attack on me personally. (Now, hardly ever, which is good) But they went SO overboard with it that the production staff decided to find out what the deal was with that. So this is how they finally came to me. I told Shutter once that he was actually responsible for the contract to do the movie. Had they not gone on post after post anti-Blevins, the movie guys would not have ended up at my door. That is the truth. 

So in a weird, twisted sort of way...they have only themselves to blame for the idea that the first-ever dramatic feature film on the case is putting up KC as the perp. This is not my fault, but theirs. Of course I was going to take the money. Who wouldn't unless they were a fool. 

Let's discuss Bruce Smith for a moment, who foolishly turned down $15,000 (up to 30K) just to take a peek at the script. Now he hates me because of this, and blames me. I knew that when he went public and LIED to people that I threatened him at the final Ariel party. I knew he was getting desperate and lashing out. But he has only himself to blame. I tried working with him for several months before I gave up. 

And you will not believe this next bit...Bruce actually wanted me to tell the production staff that he would work with THEM, but not ME. I told him his demand was impossible. Why? Two reasons. First, if some production company puts an author under contract for a movie (partially) based on their book...you can't tell the producers you won't work with the author and expect them to take you seriously. They will just find someone else for the job. And they did. This person, on my recommendation, received the payment for both script check slots, combined. In other words, he gets $30,000, which I most likely would have recommended for Bruce had he said yes. 

Second, I never could get Bruce to understand that the production company had assigned the job of finding one or two script consultants to ME. It was built into my contract on my request. (I didn't want anybody I didn't know for the job.)

The production execs would have just kicked Bruce back to me anyway. He never understood that concept even though I politely explained that to him several times. Have no illusions. Even though I never really trusted Bruce to keep confidentiality on the project, I DID want on him board. Not for me, and not even so much for the movie. 

But because...I knew he could use the money. I also knew the job itself was minimal. How much time does it really take to fact check maybe 30 pages of a script, the part between when Cooper boards and when he jumps? Bruce could have made the historical corrections in an hour or two and gotten his fat check, plus a listing of his name, title of his book, and 'associate producer' all three things in the credits. 

(When I approached the backup person I had in mind, he didn't even question the idea. "Sign me up," he said.) So they did.

I never could figure Bruce out. All my emails to him, and I never got any response more than two lines. Either he has the most perfect morals of anyone I ever met, or he is supremely foolish. After he lied about his attendance at the last Ariel Party, I figured he was just foolish. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

14 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Nothing wrong with hard work.  A lot of history at Oak Ridge.  I despise Comcast and Verizon and any of those companies.  Legal monopolies as far as I'm concerned.  It's 2020 and I see minimal improvement in their tech or their customer service.  I was hoping Google Fiber would be more prevalent now.

A lot of people would have to be wrong for the flight path to be over Tena Bar.  However, I do know that some people are really hooked on their own theories, and it gives them energy and keeps them involved in the case.

(edited)

'A lot of people would have to be wrong for the flight path to be over Tena Bar.  However, I do know that some people are really hooked on their own theories, and it gives them energy and keeps them involved in the case...'

Well, that is true enough. After so many years though, you would think Cooper investigators could at least come to a few solid parameters, in order to eliminate the crazy theories and concentrate on what we know to be true. 

And the list of what we actually know - for certain - to be true...is a damn short list unfortunately. 

Tell you one thing. I need to get out of town and into the hills for a few days. B) April seems so far away. Now that I found out that Spider Lake is open for fishing all year, I might just take an early spring trip up there by myself, or with Greg, to sort of scope the whole area out for the Cooper Campout thing later. We could do a dry run, as it were. I have been up there a couple of times, but it's been a few years. 

One mystery I will NEVER solve is figuring out Bruce Smith. 

Well, Super Bowl is tomorrow. Not that anyone cares, but my pick is the Kansas City Chiefs. Not because I think they will win, but because I want them to win. San Francisco is in Seattle's division and here in Seattle no one wants them to win. Yeah, it's selfish. It's like..."If WE can't win it...then we don't want YOU to win either." LOL.

Edited by RobertMBlevins