47 47
quade

DB Cooper

4 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

For the same reason - Cossey runs the rigging loft at the local drop zone, so he would be seen as the local go-to authority.

And if I remember correctly, the FBI was unable to contact Cossey until well after midnight on the morning of Thanksgiving Day which was several hours after the airliner landed in Reno.

So to repeat, Cossey didn't have anything to do with getting the parachutes to Cooper.  Further, the information that Cossey put out later about the parachutes was factually false.

Just ignore everything that Cossey claimed and you will be on safe ground.

Does anyone really think there would be enough time for the military to contact and locate a military rigger and then have him unpack the chutes, add the chaff , and then repack the chutes, and get them delivered, all within Cooper's demanded time frame?      As far as proving Cossey was the only civilian rigger working that area..... Find a parachute owned by someone in that area, during this time, that had been packed or repacked by someone other than Cossey. I bet you would have trouble finding one.

4 hours ago, Slim King said:

Good thinking but you must not have heard that Cooper didn't want the military chutes. He said no. He obviously wanted the chutes packed by Cossey.

you must not have heard that Cooper didn't want the military chutes.

Really? Where does it say that? Cite the passage.

Edited by georger

6 hours ago, Slim King said:

Lisa sent me these. I hope they suffice. There are also articles about his division working in Berlin..oddly enough his Air Rescue Squadron was 305 too.

So according to those docs he was active duty Army Special Forces and in the Air Force Reserve simultaneously?

7 hours ago, haggarknew said:

Does anyone really think...

I'll repeat my standard disclaimer here. I am not a researcher, I don't read all the documents, I don't care much about diatoms, tie particles, or flight path variations. I have my own reasons for being interested in this case. Occasionally I'll throw in a few cents about parachutes or the logistics of parachuting because that's what I know. The things I say, I don't claim they actually happened, I'm just giving possibilities. If that helps someone define their theories, great, otherwise people are free to ignore me. As to your specific issues here...

Does anyone really think there would be enough time for the military to contact and locate a military rigger and then have him unpack the chutes, add the chaff , and then repack the chutes, and get them delivered, all within Cooper's demanded time frame?

First, what's chaff? But, who knows who or how fast the FBI has access to. But it wouldn't really take a rigger long to do something with the chutes. He wouldn't have to completely unpack and repack the chutes. All he would have to do is open the container, add a pinger or cut some lines or whatever they wanted him to do, then re-close the container. I don't know how big the pingers would be, but if they're small enough you might be able to just shove one in through the corner of the container, where the flaps are separated. It would fall out on opening, but it would confirm the exit point and be reasonably close to where Cooper would land.

As far as proving Cossey was the only civilian rigger working that area..... Find a parachute owned by someone in that area, during this time, that had been packed or repacked by someone other than Cossey. I bet you would have trouble finding one.

I'll turn that challenge back on you. Find a civilian drop zone or skydiving community anywhere at any time in parachuting history that had only one rigger among them. Hard to say who all was among their community, but off the top of my head I can think of at least two other riggers that were active jumpers in that area at that time.

3 hours ago, olemisscub said:

So according to those docs he was active duty Army Special Forces and in the Air Force Reserve simultaneously?

Yea, that threw me off.  I'm not sure exactly what is going on there.  I do see that Reca/Peca did not seem to advance that far in rank, even in wartime.  My guess is that he got himself in trouble, more than once. That does mix with what we know about his background.

Lisa (his niece) posted some of these docs on Facebook.  She did acknowledge that the CIA thing may be a little far fetched.  Those docs did have a certificate of graduation from the Army Airborne school, and a pic of Reca with his jump wings on.  The previous pictures may simply have been before he got his wings.

What was not in those files is a DD214, which is a record of discharge and lists information regarding his overseas service, awards, etc.  It is not a comprehensive list of everything he did, but it tells a lot.  Back in the 1950s it may have had a different name.

I would like to see if he did make it over to Korea during the war, and how long he actually served in Airborne units.  Based off the insignia in one of the photos, it looks like he was Infantry.  Given that his first discharge was in 1954, he falls into the over 63 years from discharge, and therefore anyone can get his military records. However, if they count his National Guard time and Air Force Reserve time in that calculation, they may not provide the information.

My initial assessment is that Reca served a few years in the Army, jumped out of planes, then left the service, went into the Air Force Reserve, was activated for a month or so, then went back to weekend duty.  He would have had the skills to jump out of a 727, and the balls.  However, nothing in his background indicates that he was CIA or a secret agent, etc.  He was a storyteller, and it sounds like he was a good one.  He's a guy I'd like to have had a beer with, but with his blue eyes and stories, I don't see him as Cooper.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

My initial assessment is that Reca served a few years in the Army, jumped out of planes, then left the service, went into the Air Force Reserve, was activated for a month or so, then went back to weekend duty.

Same assessment on my end. I think the Army document is a fake. The Air Force one is legit. 

24 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

Same assessment on my end. I think the Army document is a fake. The Air Force one is legit. 

There is some blocked out information on a number of documents, done by someone recently.  His service number and address are not hidden, so I'm not certain what they blocked out.

I don't think anyone questioned his skydiving skills.  The questions came up about his military service and CIA stuff, and of course the Cooper hijacking.

It may all be moot in that I saw a Facebook post that Cooper may have contacted the IRA to launder his money, and they used it to buy weapons. I had thought it was Colonel Mustard with the candlestick in the study.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, olemisscub said:

Here's Jerry Garcia's from the same era. I'm not sure what would have needed to be blocked out on Ole Blue Eyes' form, but one thing I do notice is the "processed" stamp on this one.
JerryGarciaMilitaryFile6.thumb.jpeg.28571a16bc0640f843702cc54977ae07.jpeg

3 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

There is some blocked out information on a number of documents, done by someone recently.  His service number and address are not hidden, so I'm not certain what they blocked out.

I don't think anyone questioned his skydiving skills.  The questions came up about his military service and CIA stuff, and of course the Cooper hijacking.

It may all be moot in that I saw a Facebook post that Cooper may have contacted the IRA to launder his money, and they used it to buy weapons. I had thought it was Colonel Mustard with the candlestick in the study.

Hmmmm. Any accessory store where we can buy "Your Favorite DB Cooper" paraphernalia?   Head bands, wrist bands, t-shirts, auto decals, foot gear, tat stencils, jock straps, bras, ... you name it ?  Your favorite suspect packets written by all the right researchers?  I would love to have a TK wrist band or a Elvis Ulis cap ? I want all of my kids to have em too!

DB Coper wanted a chute packed by Earl Cossey or a military chute signed by Eisenhower or Gen George S. Patton.  Imagine what it would be worth on eBay today!!

Edited by georger
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Slim King said:

All the aircraft are listed if you read NORJACK.. a total of  4 jets, a couple of airplanes, and a chopper.

NORJAK.

Pp45-48.

You're right about the total number, but mischaracterizing the timeline and circumstances.

Only the two F106's were trailing when Cooper jumped, and the book explains why they couldn't see or know when or if he jumped.

Another plane tried to chase but never saw the plane, and their own plane started to ice so they had to land (NB anyone who tries to downplay the weather conditions that night). 

The helicopter couldn't catch it and never saw the plane. They did, however, seriously expect to be ripped out of the sky by falling plane parts after Cooper blew the airplane up. (NB those who think Cooper shouldn't be considered a terrorist.)

Later, an H130 and two F106's tried to follow, but it was long after Cooper jumped, so there would have been nothing to see.

So the number is technically correct, but you are using it inaccurately.

17 minutes ago, Slim King said:

They SAID they saw it on the radar but where is the proof? Why did they destroy it? Why was the information from the Black Box never given for us to see? Any so called radar evidence is missing in action.

You SAID Reca/Peca colluded with Cossey, where is your proof..

When did Reca/Peca live in Wa..

apparently he fled Mi after a 1965 robbery leaving his family.

1 hour ago, Eight Raleighs said:

Is it your belief that Cooper died in the jump? (Or shortly thereafter.)

Well, let me put it this way: if a hiker walked into the winter woods and was never seen again, then 9 years later some of his belongings washed ashore along a river that ran through those woods, we would pretty much have our answer as to what happened to that hiker. 

A zero-visibility jump would seem to be at least as risky as walking on foot. Along with the weather, I think people also downplay the pretty common things that can go wrong during a descent. And even if he landed fine, now he's the hiker in the above example, so it's wash-rinse-repeat.

Until evidence otherwise arises, the most logical assumption has to be that it's exactly what it looks like. 

Having said that...a key difference is that someone would have to have reported the hiker missing. This is the complicated part of the Cooper case. It leaves the door open just wide enough for blond-haired, blue-eyed, light-skinned, Dumbo-eared grandpas from Pittsburgh to be carted through. 

Whenever I run that particular thought experiment, I land out thinking that if he lived, he had to have ended up getting nabbed for another crime or dying in the commission of it, soon enough after that he never started talking about this one. Because "they all talk."

Gryder... part 2

Claims he found Cooper's NB8.. He didn't.

Cossey never claimed his mod was moving the ripcord left to right and Cossey got the chute wrong..

spends half the vid on the killing of McCoy

No, McCoy was NOT Cooper

Edited by FLYJACK

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

Gryder... part 2

Claims he found Cooper's NB8.. He didn't.

Cossey never claimed his mod was moving the ripcord left to right and Cossey got the chute wrong..

spends half the vid on the killing of McCoy

No, McCoy was NOT Cooper

Additionally, there is no evidence whatsoever that an NB-6 or NB-8 parachute had anything to do with the hijacking.  Hayden's two backpack parachutes were assembled by Cossey from parts of other military surplus parachute equipment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Math of Insects said:

Well, let me put it this way: if a hiker walked into the winter woods and was never seen again, then 9 years later some of his belongings washed ashore along a river that ran through those woods, we would pretty much have our answer as to what happened to that hiker. 

A zero-visibility jump would seem to be at least as risky as walking on foot. Along with the weather, I think people also downplay the pretty common things that can go wrong during a descent. And even if he landed fine, now he's the hiker in the above example, so it's wash-rinse-repeat.

Until evidence otherwise arises, the most logical assumption has to be that it's exactly what it looks like. 

Having said that...a key difference is that someone would have to have reported the hiker missing. This is the complicated part of the Cooper case. It leaves the door open just wide enough for blond-haired, blue-eyed, light-skinned, Dumbo-eared grandpas from Pittsburgh to be carted through. 

Whenever I run that particular thought experiment, I land out thinking that if he lived, he had to have ended up getting nabbed for another crime or dying in the commission of it, soon enough after that he never started talking about this one. Because "they all talk."

Like your imagery !  :D 

• Like 1