18 18
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
56 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

Are you sure about that? The way I read this statement...

...it's not 100% clear whether they're referring to Cooper's jet. It kind of sounds like they're describing turns made by the chase planes. Could those turns be one of the S turns made by the chase planes to stay behind the jet? If so it might be mentioned to indicate that the chase planes were farther away at the point Cooper is believed to have jumped.

Good catch. this sounds like a statement coming from the Portland radar operator and clarifies how they knew about Scoll's airfield or the area close to it with skydiving. it is marked on the sectional map.

scholl.png

Edited by mrshutter45

(edited)
2 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

lol, so you promote camping trips every other post and have a rule not to take photo's of the trip. how is that any good with regards to helping the case by hiding everyone. is this China? 

I didn't say I neglected to take photos. I said I don't make our participants public on the internet. They can do that for themselves. And please don't pretend like you are really interested in anything we do at Adventure Books, Dave...I know better. After those people at Bruce Smith's site started making threats to come to the meetup point in Estacada and cause trouble, it just tells me our policy on that is the right policy. Would you like to see some quotes from his site? They were posted just days prior to the campout. If you care so much about what we do, why don't you go over to Bruce's website and tell them to grow up? 

You want to meet these people who come out to the woods of the Great Northwest for fun? See what we do? Participate? Then do what everyone else does and just ask. It's a simple process. Then you can take their pictures if you wish, find out their names, etc. I hate to take it out on others, but we both know that certain people in Cooperland come after AB of Seattle no matter what we do...and I have to take steps to ensure these people can't do the same to the nice folks who come to these campouts. 

So no...I'm not posting up pictures of them any more than I have already done. Or telling anyone their last names. Some of these people are real Cooper fans, and none of them want anything to do with the ugly side of Cooperland. As far as promoting campouts, I haven't heard you complain about Eric's daily videos or his boat trips. Neither do I, by the way. I actually encouraged people to GO on the boat trips. I didn't make threats to show up at the boat dock and cause trouble. 

The way it is Dave...it's the people YOU know who post up the kiddie stuff like that, the names, the baloney.  The people I know don't do that. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Good catch. this sounds like a statement coming from the Portland radar operator and clarifies how they knew about Scoll's airfield or the area close to it with skydiving. it is marked on the sectional map.

scholl.png

I don't think they are referring to Scholl's, if you read the entire doc they note the bump/osc at 8:10 and the area between Amboy and Heisson as the jump zone...  that puts Scholl's too far South and suggests they are referring to an airport near the point the plane veered East (changed course).

It doesn't matter what I think about the adventure. it just doesn't make sense that you censor the trip. who does that on a fun outing? that's my opinion. 

Names are not the subject. it's okay. I'll just put in the nobody showed file. it's all good. 

What should we do at other events. show an empty stage where dozens of people will be and not show them? 

(edited)
9 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

I don't think they are referring to Scholl's, if you read the entire doc they note the bump/osc at 8:10 and the area between Amboy and Heisson as the jump zone...  that puts Scholl's too far South and suggests they are referring to an airport near the point the plane veered East (changed course).

It's the only location with a parachute near by marked on the sectional chart..has to be that area. it's specific...

Edited by mrshutter45

It could still reflect to what Carr stated by mixing up the oscillation with the pressure bump. it's 5 -10 minutes after the last contact. that gives a window down to 8:15...closer to Portland proper or the vicinity thereof. closer to Ariel doesn't make sense with the statement of the suburbs...

8 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

The 8:10 statement has an asterisk with it. that means the statement could be off by up to 3 minutes. could be. nobody knows. the radio transmission shows 8:12 PST. 

yeah, it is an estimate, the point is Scholl's is about 8 miles past Heisson, that is outside the defined jump area in the same doc,, unless 8 miles is considered within "close proximity"??

(edited)

It's not really the point of not finding anything north. it's whether or not they were looking in the right spot to begin with. as time progressed, even the FBI admits it might be further south than first thought...doscuments even back then put the possibilities all the way to the Columbia..that's a lot of ground and tells me they really didn't know. I think they did the best they could for that period...

Edited by mrshutter45

16 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

It's not really the point of not finding anything north. it's whether or not they were looking in the right spot to begin with. as time progressed, even the FBI admits it might be further south than first thought...doscuments even back then put the possibilities all the way to the Columbia..that's a lot of ground and tells me they really didn't know. I think they did the best they could for that period...

I didn't notice the parachute until I checked a high res version, it is on the FBI flight path map..

schollmap.jpeg.c3af2e9ed3867511455304c92e8ea434.jpeg

Derek, was just wondering about you today. I see you still haven't grown up. these childish games only work in school. boy, you sure got me this time, right? what is a "private laptop" you would be better off saying desktop as I don't own a laptop. perhaps a tablet. can those be "private" too lmao. 

(edited)

It doesn't matter what I think about the adventure. it just doesn't make sense that you censor the trip. who does that on a fun outing? that's my opinion. 

Names are not the subject. it's okay. I'll just put in the nobody showed file. it's all good. 

What should we do at other events. show an empty stage where dozens of people will be and not show them? 

(Shutter: Asked and answered. You can file it any way you wish. I went public with the meetup map, gave the time and place and everything, unlike the other times. Then I saw threats posted to Bruce Smith's website suggesting that people show up there at the appointed time to make trouble, and other suggestions that people go to my house and accost Gayla Prociv because they knew I would be in Oregon. That's what happens when I try to 'go public'. Never again. We go back to the need to know basis, and only attendees get the maps and exact locations. My apologies, but that's the way it is. These campouts are done to have fun, not to sell books or turn Cooper nuts loose on the internet against the nice folks who DO show up.) EDIT: Geez, Louise...'that' person is back. See what I mean when I say Cooper nuts? I am sure he will be banned again and his posts scrubbed. But there ARE people like him out there, and some of them post at Bruce's place. Be reasonable, man. I don't 'censor' the trips. I just don't publish pictures of the people who show up. They are free to do their own.)

On the bit of map and the transcript:  I think it is just a reference to another 'S' turn by one of the chase planes. My personal view on where Cooper probably landed is just a guess. I think he bailed just a bit south of Amboy, WA and drifted back north a bit, maybe a mile or so, before reaching the ground. Funny thing how the Seattle FBI wrote off the Amboy parachute so fast without actually telling the media HOW they came to that conclusion, won't say what they did with it, and still call it 'evidence in an ongoing case' even today. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Those are childish remarks similar to what Derek does. kind of like the threats of law suits you pull. you really believe those guys on Bruce's site. I have a pretty good idea who they are and it's not Georger. you are letting this get the best of you. how many times have they showed up to an event you've had. who has been harassed outside of yourself? you claim most were friends from the eclipse camp out. how many were ID'd and harassed? pretty lame excuse. no pictures of any other tents set up. almost a dozen people and all you say was it was fun? it doesn't make much sense IMHO. 

Should I call the police about Derek. should I get a bodyguard. those are serious accusations? it's not "that person" it's Derek. 

You have been told time after time about the Amboy chute. it's still considered part of the case regardless of it's involvement. I'll ask you once again. who was suspect 3 and why won't they tell us. he was eliminated so why won't they tell us? you fail to understand basic procedure. they will not discuss anything in an open case. most LE have this set in place. it's not there job to tell you exactly what they did with anything. 

It is NOT there job to tell you anything. they hold a press conference if needed. they have explained what they have and know about the chute. you are putting them on trial based on media coverage. when they tell you they can not discuss an open case that gives them the right to NOT tell you anything as I mentioned 100 times before.

Similar to not showing photo's. you have similar rules that apply...do you ever go to bed before the sun comes up? 

1 minute ago, mrshutter45 said:

It is NOT there job to tell you anything. they hold a press conference if needed. they have explained what they have and know about the chute. you are putting them on trial based on media coverage. when they tell you they can not discuss an open case that gives them the right to NOT tell you anything as I mentioned 100 times before.

Similar to not showing photo's. you have similar rules that apply...do you ever go to bed before the sun comes up? 

My apologies, but you are SO full of it sometimes. You support posts by elsewhere, and have members on your own Cooper site making posts based on hatred, that is proven. You believe lies told to you so long as it concerns me. Both you and Bruce have banned me from your websites. I'm okay with all that, but phoniness is something it's problematic to deal with there Dave. You should have spoken out about the threats. Don't bother saying you didn't see them. You were posting right behind them, that can be shown. 

I don't mind so much what people say about me. I just have a problem with phonies having an agenda. 

You will let everyone know of course...when you decide to do a level playing field in Cooperland. Maybe that's the reason why Georger, the most prolific poster at your site other than you, has also been ID'd at Bruce's site doing his hateful stuff there as well....

Just saying. As that guy said in the movie The Outlaw Josie Wales:

'Don't piss down my back and try to tell me it's raining...'

You were banned in 2014 due to your OWN actions. my site doesn't concern you. in fact, you recently stated that you no longer go to those sites. even though this will be the 20 or 30th attempt. 

You flip the coin and you will see that a lot of people hold back from posting here due to the presents of yourself. you are looking for the perfect world. it's not going to happen. you piss and moan about others and explode when the fuse it lit near you? you are more negative than anyone I've seen online. it's constant with the off topic rants. constant. it's 5 AM and you are pounding away. I have to go to work in the real world while you live here in this world. you would never hide behind another profile to stir the pot, would ya? :) it's funny how you do the very same things you preach against.. 

Try and focus on Cooper and less about what others are doing elsewhere. I only commented on Bruce's site to explain that Eric is not posting as Lynn on my forum. that's a little above the typical trash talk. this constant bickering and accusations are what got the thread shutdown the second time. you are curbing it to the third with the off topic rants.