47 47
quade

DB Cooper

16 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

I remember that...Bulljax right?

Yup, she made it all up.. Prior, she was constantly messaging me trying to push Duane..... but I rejected her narrative. She was very manipulative. My dad died suddenly and I left the Vortex for a few years, when I came back the forum was locked..

She was very good at manipulating people... IMO, Duane was the victim in that relationship.. and there is no way he was Cooper.

29 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

IMO, Duane was the victim in that relationship.. and there is no way he was Cooper.

Not with those big ass ears! Jo was her own worst enemy. She wanted people to buy in to Duane, but the layers and layers of bullshit that she kept piling onto the story made it impossible to determine what - if anything - was true. I've often wondered if there was ever a confession to begin with.

Just now, ParrotheadVol said:

Not with those big ass ears! Jo was her own worst enemy. She wanted people to buy in to Duane, but the layers and layers of bullshit that she kept piling onto the story made it impossible to determine what - if anything - was true. I've often wondered if there was ever a confession to begin with.

She probably made up the confession,, Jo said it all came to her when she read Gunther's book and the name "Dan Cooper" was used not DB and Duane had said "Dan Cooper" (she claims)..  the use of Dan instead of DB started it, but "Dan Cooper" was used in the media soon after the hijacking though "DB" was more common.

2 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

She probably made up the confession,, Jo said it all came to her when she read Gunther's book and the name "Dan Cooper" was used not DB and Duane had said "Dan Cooper" (she claims)..  the use of Dan instead of DB started it, but "Dan Cooper" was used in the media soon after the hijacking though "DB" was more common.

Correct. Using "Dan Cooper" was a clever way on her part of attempting to add some validity to the confession. 

17 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

Why do you assume I'm a terrible researcher or something? You think I don't fact check things?

The_Amarillo_Globe_Times_1967_05_03_Page_39.jpg

That is a better argument..

But, I don't really trust anyone else's claims at face value especially in an area I haven't researched myself like Alice's past.. it may be interesting but immaterial to solving the Cooper case.

Claims are irrelevant, I always look beyond at the argument.

We spent years debating Ulis's 10 year research/narrative on Peterson...  and the Western Flight Path theory....  a waste of time.

Edited by FLYJACK

3 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

That is a better argument..

But, I don't really trust anyone else's claims at face value especially in an area I haven't researched myself like Alice's past.. it may be interesting but immaterial to solving the Cooper case.

Claims are irrelevant, I always look beyond at the argument.

We spent years debating Ulis's 10 year research/narrative on Peterson...  and the Western Flight Path theory....  a waste of time.

If this is your round about way of admitting that you were actually wrong on something, trivial as it is, I guess I'll take it. ^.^

For what it's worth, the older Alyce that you posted is NORJAK Alyce's mother. They shared the same name.

When NORJAK Alyce graduated high school in Quanah she seems to have moved to the "big city", which would have been Amarillo. She was apparently an All-State baton twirler of some note (I believe that was a bigger thing in those days) and so she began teaching twirling at a dance studio in 1966.

Fun trivia is that she had been to Seattle in her youth in 1962 for the World's Fair. 

Times_Record_News_1962_04_19_page_32.jpg

12 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

If this is your round about way of admitting that you were actually wrong on something, trivial as it is, I guess I'll take it. ^.^

For what it's worth, the older Alyce that you posted is NORJAK Alyce's mother. They shared the same name.

When NORJAK Alyce graduated high school in Quanah she seems to have moved to the "big city", which would have been Amarillo. She was apparently an All-State baton twirler of some note (I believe that was a bigger thing in those days) and so she began teaching twirling at a dance studio in 1966.

Fun trivia is that she had been to Seattle in her youth in 1962 for the World's Fair. 

Times_Record_News_1962_04_19_page_32.jpg

Making a claim from a name in a newspaper isn't a complete argument.. especially when two people share a rare name.

You amended it with appropriate evidence.

You have also made a big error due to lack of information which I have intentionally not corrected..

1 minute ago, FLYJACK said:

Making a claim from a name in a newspaper isn't a complete argument.. especially when two people share a rare name.

You amended it with appropriate evidence.

You have also made a big error due to lack of information which I have intentionally not corrected..

Do I need an affidavit from her stating that she worked at that place? She was living in Amarillo in the late 60's. There's mountains of evidence to that effect. Should I post the half dozen advertisements from her dance studio in Amarillo to prove that point? I knew all of this before I posted that it was her who was robbed in 1968. I'm the only who uncovered that her name was Alyce Gorley, not Alice Garley. Remember?

Also, by all means, tell me this big error that you've not corrected. I'm not a prideful old turd and will admit when I've made a mistake. So please, let me know so I can correct it. 

11 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

Do I need an affidavit from her stating that she worked at that place? She was living in Amarillo in the late 60's. There's mountains of evidence to that effect. Should I post the half dozen advertisements from her dance studio in Amarillo to prove that point? I knew all of this before I posted that it was her who was robbed in 1968. I'm the only who uncovered that her name was Alyce Gorley, not Alice Garley. Remember?

Also, by all means, tell me this big error that you've not corrected. I'm not a prideful old turd and will admit when I've made a mistake. So please, let me know so I can correct it. 

Hyperbolic now..

Your initial claim was only a news article with a (shared) name.

I didn't have the background info you had, you eventually posted the evidence to support it.. simple.

I have been around here long enough not to take claims at face value.. I am sure you do that as well.

and no I won't correct you.

28 minutes ago, Coopericane said:

So 5,166 missing person reports from 1971-1972 were checked... interesting, I had not heard of an exact number. Though it seems to have come up before

They mention fingerprints, and having run those through a system in 1978. I'm assuming there is no chance that any member of the public would ever get to see those prints?  

Did a jealousy or competition develop on Flo's part toward Tina, post hijacking ?  Tina getting all the attention. Tina wasn't flattering in some of her statements about how Flo handled things ?   Does this express itself in Flo's objections to the first sketches ? Was Flo saying she had the only correct description of Cooper?

Italian brunet vs. Nordic blonde ? Religious vs. Secular ? Cooper picked Tina and rejected the emotional Flo ?  What strong biases developed during this hijacking ? We already know about Rataczak's strong reactions - ...

OleMiss ?????

Edited by georger

1 hour ago, olemisscub said:

Gregory thought this guy looked like Cooper.

The_Oshkosh_Northwestern_1967_02_09_Page_2.jpg

dd.jpg

I am a natural skeptic..

How do you know that is the right Catalano.. the Nazi was 33 in 1971 and I haven't seen a reference to the middle name Angelo..

There is another possibility, a "Fred Angelo Catalano" born 1922 NY and died 1978..

1 minute ago, FLYJACK said:

I am a natural skeptic..

How do you know that is the right Catalano.. the Nazi was 33 in 1971 and I haven't seen a reference to the middle name Angelo..

There is another possibility, a "Fred Angelo Catalano" born 1922 NY and died 1978..

It was an educated guess given Fred Catalano's proclivities toward rabble rousing. He'd have been on the FBI's radar being that he was a leader within the American Nazi Party around that time. However, you're right on this, apparently the Nazi was Fred Francis Catalano. 

The guy you found apparently ended up in Pennsylvania because that's where he died and also I've found this on him, coming out of Pittsburgh in 1954. 

The_Pittsburgh_Press_1954_02_07_Page_40.jpg