40 40
quade

DB Cooper

2 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Isn't Mitchell the only one that described Cooper as having the "turkey gobble" neck?

As far as I know. Mitchell had a profile view. It’s possible there are other statements from people we have not heard about. I forget where I heard it or read it, but I thought Mitchell said it looked like he had just lost a lot of weight or had surgery (the loose skin). 

One of his interviews went like this. 

“How old was he?”

“I was 20 and I want to say 40. He had you know a turkey gobble it wasn’t a double chin but he had loose skin there you know. I picked on the guy. That struck me.”

1 hour ago, CooperNWO305 said:

As far as I know. Mitchell had a profile view. It’s possible there are other statements from people we have not heard about. I forget where I heard it or read it, but I thought Mitchell said it looked like he had just lost a lot of weight or had surgery (the loose skin). 

One of his interviews went like this. 

“How old was he?”

“I was 20 and I want to say 40. He had you know a turkey gobble it wasn’t a double chin but he had loose skin there you know. I picked on the guy. That struck me.”

I believe it was Spreckel.. his name is 24 letters and fits the redaction, he did see the hijacker and he corroborates Mitchell..

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 3.40.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 3.41.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 3.23.30 PM.png

Well, here's something useful I stumbled upon.. unredacted witness reports of Cooper, courtesy of Anonymous/Dave's D. B. Cooper site... 

https://dbcooperhijack.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/TrueFBICooper-Part1-2.pdf

I haven't heard much about Spreckel's testimony before, but interestingly he says that he could recognize Cooper again...

(edited)
4 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I believe it was Spreckel.. his name is 24 letters and fits the redaction, he did see the hijacker and he corroborates Mitchell..

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 3.40.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 3.41.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 3.23.30 PM.png

Fat/lost weight ... or is sick?  Interesting...

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 22-20-45 DB Cooper.png

Edited by georger

17 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Yep. 

and fwiw, for those who haven't read it, this is from Bruce's book and his interview with Bill. 

SPRECK.jpg

billturkey.png

(edited)
1 hour ago, Coopericane said:

Thanks!   Part 75 001-224 c1972-1976 .......... DBC # not consecutive out of order ...32400 ... 32500 ..    Some interesting material involving a threat and Globe Indemnity ? 

Edited by georger

14 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

C4D73F44-25FA-441A-8961-EAF07BEA5892.jpeg

Witnesses observed unsub writing with a felt tip pen ?  Well, I learned something new today.  Is there any more information around what the circumstance was that he was writing things down ?  It couldn't have been to give his demands as he was conveying that all via the stewardesses or over the inter phone.

3 hours ago, JAGdb said:

Witnesses observed unsub writing with a felt tip pen ?  Well, I learned something new today.  Is there any more information around what the circumstance was that he was writing things down ?  It couldn't have been to give his demands as he was conveying that all via the stewardesses or over the inter phone.

I don't think they actually saw him write with a felt pen,,,  Cooper's first note was written in felt pen.. That is what they are referring to but it is poorly worded.

8 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I don't think they actually saw him write with a felt pen,,,  Cooper's first note was written in felt pen.. That is what they are referring to but it is poorly worded.

Thanks, I figured something like that.  Next question would have been, if multiple witnesses saw him writing -- what hand did he use ?  ;P

57 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

right...

I have not been able to figure this one out. Did he write in cursive or print? We know it was print for the MISS. Back then many people wrote cursive. I was looking at the back of old post cards and it made me think of this again. I’ve seen the term “handwriting”

(edited)
19 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

I have not been able to figure this one out. Did he write in cursive or print? We know it was print for the MISS. Back then many people wrote cursive. I was looking at the back of old post cards and it made me think of this again. I’ve seen the term “handwriting”

handwriting... cursive

SCHAFFNER said that "MISS" was printed but the remainder of the note was written in neat legible hand-writing. She said that the envelope was a plain, white letter-type envelope with no writing on the outside. She said the note was written on plain white unlined paper.

209779445_ScreenShot2022-10-01at4_55_31PM.png.58a737ca8c5c2e98853dffbbd4cae734.png

Edited by FLYJACK

3 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

handwriting... cursive

SCHAFFNER said that "MISS" was printed but the remainder of the note was written in neat legible hand-writing. She said that the envelope was a plain, white letter-type envelope with no writing on the outside. She said the note was written on plain white unlined paper.

209779445_ScreenShot2022-10-01at4_55_31PM.png.58a737ca8c5c2e98853dffbbd4cae734.png

any watermark on the paper? they probably didnt check. too bad they gave him his note back - what could he have done if they had said "no" or "we cant find it!" ? ;)

Why do you think the FBI insists on using 302's instead of a real recording of the conversation? They lose vocal inflections and a whole lot more. They also lose an authentic representation of what was really said. Many witnesses in the Warren Commission Report said that the 302's were not correct when they read them later. Why do you trust these?

(edited)
15 minutes ago, georger said:

NEW - image KK5-1 chosen by Schafner as a match for Cooper. See:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2500530.Robert_H_Edwards/blog

image KKr-1 32539188 Edwards.jpg

NOW we are getting somewhere!!!!!!!!!!! The FBI said they have destroyed all copies of the Facial Identification Catalog containing this likeness.... Still big FBI fans? WHY are they destroying so much evidence?

Edited by Slim King

(edited)
2 hours ago, georger said:

NEW - Facial Identification Catalog. mage KK5-1 chosen by Schaffner as a match for Cooper. See:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2500530.Robert_H_Edwards/blog

image KKr-1 32539188 Edwards.jpg

Edwards got it wrong,,

Sketch "B" was done as a process and it was derived from "KK5-1",,, there was not a separate sketch... The final sketch "B" incorporated all the witness inputs.. 

1080279555_ScreenShot2022-10-03at12_45_13PM.png.827789bed67ff4aacd84b5bd8a40781b.png

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Slim King said:

NOW we are getting somewhere!!!!!!!!!!! The FBI said they have destroyed all copies of the Facial Identification Catalog containing this likeness.... Still big FBI fans? WHY are they destroying so much evidence?

Apparently you can't read.