47 47
quade

DB Cooper

52 minutes ago, Nicholas Broughton said:

Yes and I talk to Larry on the Facebook group. He is admittedly not as well read on the 302’s as he should be. He was just guessing that it could still be around and saying if it’s going to be anywhere it be in Vegas. With the 302 that gave permission for destruction upon the conclusion of its examination and the fact that it never turned up in evidence despite a search in the early two thousand by a seattle case agent who’s name escapes  me at the moment and then one by Larry more recently, I think we can deduce the hair was destroyed with the butts in Vegas. 

BB2C8445-96C8-44CA-B651-592BE0F9547D.jpeg

EA10E885-9B9A-4CBC-BBE3-76045DBD898F.jpeg

The hairs were not destroyed with the butts,, the butts were destroyed after testing within a couple weeks of the hijacking. In the 302's, the hairs were used for comparisons many years later.. 

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

The Facts are that there are three recent books that support Reca. There is another one on the way. Looks like a lot of recent research is supporting him as DB Cooper. The FBI stories are falling apart. After 50 years of failure I'd think you'd look around and investigate other viewpoints. Hoovers FBI was corrupt and this case is at the height of the corruption.

The fact is Reca was not Cooper. 

Reca was looked at when he was brought forward and quickly eliminated because the Reca story does not match the case facts... he is one of the worst suspects ever presented.

Anybody claiming Reca was Cooper is either a fraud or extremely ignorant of the case or both.

3 hours ago, Nicholas Broughton said:

Yes and I talk to Larry on the Facebook group. He is admittedly not as well read on the 302’s as he should be. He was just guessing that it could still be around and saying if it’s going to be anywhere it be in Vegas. With the 302 that gave permission for destruction upon the conclusion of its examination and the fact that it never turned up in evidence despite a search in the early two thousand by a seattle case agent who’s name escapes  me at the moment and then one by Larry more recently, I think we can deduce the hair was destroyed with the butts in Vegas. 

BB2C8445-96C8-44CA-B651-592BE0F9547D.jpeg

EA10E885-9B9A-4CBC-BBE3-76045DBD898F.jpeg

This is not true,, it says "may be destroyed" but the hairs were not, the cigarette butts were.

Here Q1 are the cigarette butts and disposed of.. The hair is mounted on a slide.. not destroyed.

Dated Dec 9, a few weeks after the hijacking the cigarette butts were destroyed.

1856750625_ScreenShot2022-07-29at7_51_57AM.png.19ed8e1cb5921136777a2aa727baff55.png

Q1 = cigarette butts..

1317290112_ScreenShot2022-07-29at7_51_25AM.png.9b5ceb0c235fe130a064fd8880a38a3b.png

• Like 1

Ulis keeps pushing the lie that the part found was from NORJAK,,, 

It wasn't..  he uses that lie to claim the Western Flight Path is valid.. it isn't..

The side skirts back then were canvas, not fibreglass. There was no 8"x40" piece missing..

490003371_ScreenShot2022-09-10at8_19_21AM.png.de47cf5103fe891a61dd1b0fdf37dd83.png

The newer skirts are fibreglass, Ulis saw a newer one and assumed they were always fibreglass, they were not..

This is a newer fibreglass skirt and damaged.

32316824-8652077-The_flight_logs_also_list_Bill_Clinton_as_a_passenger_on_the_pla-a-107_1598983870749.jpg.60113b02218a6f41e761bb458200418b.jpg

Pursuit of DB Cooper stunt,,, "canvas"

32.thumb.jpg.055d845cfb61001b7d2af1f910430ef4.jpg.fe957473036a4d3d083384756013f610.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

11 hours ago, Coopericane said:

Do we have a list of every known suspect who's DNA has been tested? In addition to Peterson, I think Weber's and L. D. Cooper's was too, if I'm not mistaken...

No we don't, they tried to get McCoy's DNA but I don't think they got it..

Seems they were on a fishing expedition with the DNA..

1 minute ago, FLYJACK said:

Elsinore tipster walks back claim... says maybe a coincidence inspired by ad in Look Magazine, August 1971. Though claims resembles sketch,, but that was the bad sketch "A"...

IMO, Elsinore is a red herring..

2080330349_ScreenShot2022-06-04at11_22_11AM.png.0eee5e6b86555ecc201aa60c4c7200a9.png

I think Lyle Cameron was the tipster right ?  I would have expected the FBI to have asked Lyle if anyone else saw this man besides him ?  In other words, corroborate at least the existence of this "ghost" that Lyle said that he saw....maybe they did but not clear from the 302s.

4 minutes ago, JAGdb said:

I think Lyle Cameron was the tipster right ?  I would have expected the FBI to have asked Lyle if anyone else saw this man besides him ?  In other words, corroborate at least the existence of this "ghost" that Lyle said that he saw....maybe they did but not clear from the 302s.

I've heard it was Lyle but haven't seen anything official, 

IMO, he embellished the interaction with the "suspect" claiming he joked about Raleigh coupons, (don't believe it), then when the FBI got hyper about it, he walked it back as noted above.

Maybe it was a coincidence but he looked like the sketch... he said..

33 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

IMO, he embellished the interaction with the "suspect" claiming he joked about Raleigh coupons, (don't believe it), then when the FBI got hyper about it, he walked it back as noted above.

It's possible it was made up.  Whether true or false, I wonder how Gunther got it into his book.  The scenarios I can see are:

1.  He really did talk to the real Cooper.

2.  He went to LA on a trip (he was a traveler) and went to Elsinore.  Makes sense that an author researching a book would go to a skydive center.  But Gunther was from Connecticut.

3.  Gunther had an inside source in the FBI or law enforcement.

The excerpt in Gunther's book is pretty detailed.

25 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

It's possible it was made up.  Whether true or false, I wonder how Gunther got it into his book.  The scenarios I can see are:

1.  He really did talk to the real Cooper.

2.  He went to LA on a trip (he was a traveler) and went to Elsinore.  Makes sense that an author researching a book would go to a skydive center.  But Gunther was from Connecticut.

3.  Gunther had an inside source in the FBI or law enforcement.

The excerpt in Gunther's book is pretty detailed.

Gunther doesn't mention Elsinore,, his account is generic..

and

FOIA..  authors were doing Cooper FOIA's back in the 80's..

1592115836_ScreenShot2022-09-15at9_23_18AM.png.cb946dab924cdbea654eca310398c26c.png

Edited by FLYJACK

7 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Gunther doesn't mention Elsinore,, his account is generic..

and

FOIA..  authors were doing Cooper FOIA's back in the 80's..

1592115836_ScreenShot2022-09-15at9_23_18AM.png.cb946dab924cdbea654eca310398c26c.png

Gunther says the skydive center was near Los Angeles. We have an author from the East Coast (3,000 miles away), a hijacking in Portland, Oregon (1,000 miles from Elsinore), yet he choses Los Angeles as the location his character visited.

It's possible the FBI sent him the exact Elsinore documents. How likely is that given the mass amount of documents?  I wonder if there is a history of FOIA requests by date and individual requesting.

4 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Gunther says the skydive center was near Los Angeles. We have an author from the East Coast (3,000 miles away), a hijacking in Portland, Oregon (1,000 miles from Elsinore), yet he choses Los Angeles as the location his character visited.

It's possible the FBI sent him the exact Elsinore documents. How likely is that given the mass amount of documents?  I wonder if there is a history of FOIA requests by date and individual requesting.

Los Angeles could have been random,

I do believe he was contacted by somebody, a couple who were either hoaxers or the real Cooper,, but without anyway to corroborate Gunther made up most of the book. He must have done research for it..

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

I forget, was the information about the Raleigh cigarette butts public at the time that the Elsinore tipster gave his account ?  

1 hour ago, JAGdb said:

I forget, was the information about the Raleigh cigarette butts public at the time that the Elsinore tipster gave his account ?  

Yes, the Raleigh's were in the media within 4 days..

The Elsinore tipster said he contacted the FBI after reading about it in the news..

Quick search found the 29th, may have been earlier.

1633796884_ScreenShot2022-09-15at11_30_44AM.png.e3a0d7464f6e475944ca10baee6f012e.png

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

Any chance Cooper was wearing Corcoran jump boots on that plane?  Those boots do differ on the toe from regular military field boots.

My Newspapers.com membership lapsed, but someone could probably search Elisnore, DB Cooper and see if maybe there was a news article about it that Gunther may have seen.  The trouble with Newspapers.com is that it does not have all the newspapers.

12 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Any chance Cooper was wearing Corcoran jump boots on that plane?  Those boots do differ on the toe from regular military field boots.

My Newspapers.com membership lapsed, but someone could probably search Elisnore, DB Cooper and see if maybe there was a news article about it that Gunther may have seen.  The trouble with Newspapers.com is that it does not have all the newspapers.

Corcoran's are laced, Tina said ankle high and laceless...

There is also newspaperarchives.com (free trial)

26 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Corcoran's are laced, Tina said ankle high and laceless...

There is also newspaperarchives.com (free trial)

Yea, given what I've read, it seems he did not have boots on.  However, landing hard in calf high boots versus ankle high shoes is very different. Cooper was a very lucky man if he landed in ankle high loafers and did not twist an ankle or worse.

58 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Yea, given what I've read, it seems he did not have boots on.  However, landing hard in calf high boots versus ankle high shoes is very different. Cooper was a very lucky man if he landed in ankle high loafers and did not twist an ankle or worse.

If Cooper was wearing loafers, he would be shoeless when he landed.