24 24
quade

DB Cooper

2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I agree, in denominations of $20's the money would just fit tight in an average sized knapsack,,

By asking for it in a knapsack Cooper had it figured out that the authorities were to make it fit. No smaller than $20's.. if all 20's didn't fit they could have used some larger bills,, but since they ignored Cooper's demand (probably intentionally) we'll never know.

Tina may have an opinion about that - but we will never know that!  For various and sundry reasons ... known only to the Cooper Confessional.

Edited by georger

The original sketches drawn for Cooper are a puzzlement to me. The Gregory sketch was the first - interviewed in Washington but drawn by somebody in the Las Vegas Office? Why Las Vegas ? 

Next several days later the Mucklow-Schafner sketches, produced by which office where?

Why's the Gregory sketch so completely different? 

CooperSketch nnn_lrg.jpg

I took the McCrone spreadsheets and found 37 elements listed. Some of these are in small amounts.  I'll get to some percentages later.  If you remove the gas elements (Oxygen, the Nobel gasses (argon, neon, etc.) and the radioactive ones and obscure ones, then the remaining elements are represented well on this list.  My observation is that Cooper's tie contained quite a few, if not all of the most common elements possible in solid form.  I'll have to go back and see which common ones were not found on the tie. If anyone wants to look at the list and figure that out, go for it.

Name
Silver
Aluminum
Gold
Barium
Bismuth
Bromine
Calcium
Cadmium
Cerium
Chlorine
Cobalt
Chromium
Copper
Fluorine
Iron
Mercury
Potassium
Lanthanum
Magnesium
Manganese
Molybdenum
Sodium
Nickel
Phosphorus
Lead
Palladium
Sulfur
Antimony
Silicon
Tin
Strontium
Titanium
Vanadium
Tungsten
Yttrium
Zinc
Zirconium

4 hours ago, georger said:

The original sketches drawn for Cooper are a puzzlement to me. The Gregory sketch was the first - interviewed in Washington but drawn by somebody in the Las Vegas Office? Why Las Vegas ? 

Next several days later the Mucklow-Schafner sketches, produced by which office where?

Why's the Gregory sketch so completely different? 

CooperSketch nnn_lrg.jpg

There were some files on this sketch in a recent Vault release. I’ll have to check it out. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 7:45 AM, FLYJACK said:
Cooper demanding “American” currency and being Canadian. This is a funny one because I agree with the conclusion that he is not Canadian but the argument is wrong. The pilots said “American” currency.. Rataczak later said publicly Cooper asked for “American currency” and in the FBI files Tina said Cooper reiterated his demands to her saying “US currency”.. So, it is extremely strong evidence that Cooper qualified the currency with “American/US”.. Otherwise, Tina and the pilots had to add it. What does it mean.. it means that Cooper has experience with non US currency and likely recently. It does not mean he is Canadian, I don’t believe he is Canadian. It is extremely unlikely somebody who lived in the US their entire life having no experience with other currencies would qualify the currency with “American/US”. Imagine a bank robber asking for American/US currency,,, it doesn't make sense. Cooper could have been a foreigner or an American with a strong international influence.. Cooper was an international worker/traveller with recent experience or future expectation of a non US currency environment..

My first post!  I've always wondered with the currency:

1)  In the comic, did the comic character ask for US or American currency?

2)  Did the highjacker mirror any comic character quotes/dialect/phrases?

3)  Did the highjacker mirror any comic character actions besides taking a ransom and jumping from a plane?  I read he did ask for a knapsack like the comic.

Finally, I can't seem to find any info to if the previous suspects had any accents, had the temperament to remain cool and calm, were polite, etc.  Things like accents can be faked but not the ability to remain cool and calm when your adrenaline is surging.  A while back I was working in Va Beach and would occasionally hit the bars with some Navy Seals including the night or two before they would deploy/leave for an assignment.  They were all extremely "amped" up, couldn't sit still; none of ones I met would be able to remain cool and calm while in a bar.  It's very uncommon for someone with their adrenaline surging to remain calm while interacting with someone.

(edited)
14 hours ago, DBorDanCooperFan said:

3)  Did the highjacker mirror any comic character actions besides taking a ransom and jumping from a plane?  I read he did ask for a knapsack like the comic.

Finally, I can't seem to find any info to if the previous suspects had any accents, had the temperament to remain cool and calm, were polite, etc.  Things like accents can be faked but not the ability to remain cool and calm when your adrenaline is surging.  A while back I was working in Va Beach and would occasionally hit the bars with some Navy Seals including the night or two before they would deploy/leave for an assignment.  They were all extremely "amped" up, couldn't sit still; none of ones I met would be able to remain cool and calm while in a bar.  It's very uncommon for someone with their adrenaline surging to remain calm while interacting with someone.

You are asking questions and bringing up issues, that go to the core of the Cooper case. I wish we could get a Seal Team Commander to give his opinion of Cooper, Cooper's plan, and how Cooper conducted his hijacking from a tactical point of view. I have no opinion about the Dan Cooper comic persona and how that compares with DB Cooper. Carr has said he sees Cooper as a 'rank novice'/ amateur ? I wish Carr would explain that. Cooper had specific demands and a timeline. But he was VERY concerned about a sky marshal (ore two?) being on this flight - which seems to undermine his status as a fully informed tactical person. He said he was hijacking because the opportunity was presenting itself. He seems to have been in a hurry to do it and get it over with . . . like a bank robbery. ................................................. btw we have nothing about how Cooper and his clothing smelled ? Nothing if there was something that stood out. Its basic clues that solve cases. So far as I know no one has asked 'how did Cooper smell' - did anyone bother to ask Tina how Cooper smelled? Did his cloths smell of campfire smoke? etc

Edited by georger

22 hours ago, DBorDanCooperFan said:

Did the comic character, "Dan Cooper", hijack a plane in the comic? 

(edited)
On 6/29/2022 at 9:50 AM, CooperNWO305 said:

Regardless, if he landed with the money, then he would have been very motivated to get it out of the area, and would have figured a way to carry it out, or stash it.

So, what do you think he did (assuming he landed with the money)? Getting it out of the area makes the TB find harder to explain, right? I don't know if I believe he lost the money, or stashed it. But I have a hard time believing that he left the area with the money....if he even survived, which I kinda believe he did.

Edited by ParrotheadVol