19 19
quade

DB Cooper

Shutter says in part:

'I like how you continue to use me as an excuse for the actions you did to get banned. it's your fault you got banned.

I told you the blocks have been off for months, and by your last post it appears you are STILL viewing the site. I think it's time to write Comcast, and a few others.

Double standard time: you see how you "control" the You Tube video's. I'm doing the same, but it appears to be ok with you, but not me. I never commented on your video's. you block the public from viewing any reviews on them. what you did on my site is what you are trying to stop on the comments of the video's!...'

I have no idea what you are talking about, and probably...neither does anyone else. I'm fine with your ban on posting or whatever. I stopped by and saw some discussion on how I don't enable comments on any Cooper videos I upload at YouTube. You and Georger were recently discussing this at your site. So I simply answered your question on WHY, and pointed out that OTHER Cooper video posters, like Safecracking PFL, do the same thing. I actually complimented you (sort of) for dropping your block on VPN's, in case you didn't notice. You are making a mountain out of a molehill here. Since Galen Cook is no longer posting his outright lies there about my co-author Skipp Porteous (claiming email messages from Skipp trashing me, messages which never existed in reality) I no longer have a problem.

Didn't spend much time looking around or anything. I don't care that much what goes on there anymore, since all of that from Cook stopped. As far as any Cooper videos you have going, I haven't seen any of them anyway. Didn't even know you had any uploaded. But if you tell me that (generously) 350 out of the total of 2500 posts at your site are about me personally or Kenny Christiansen, you should have expected I would at least drop by and take a peek. To think anything else would be unrealistic. After I did, I wasn't concerned about anything going there. As I said, everyone is entitled to opinions and discussion on any Cooper subject or personality. I just didn't like seeing those lies by Cook, but you seemed to have handled that fine.

RobertMBlevins

Shutter says in part:

'I like how you continue to use me as an excuse for the actions you did to get banned. it's your fault you got banned.

I told you the blocks have been off for months, and by your last post it appears you are STILL viewing the site. I think it's time to write Comcast, and a few others.

Double standard time: you see how you "control" the You Tube video's. I'm doing the same, but it appears to be ok with you, but not me. I never commented on your video's. you block the public from viewing any reviews on them. what you did on my site is what you are trying to stop on the comments of the video's!...'

I have no idea what you are talking about, and probably...neither does anyone else. I'm fine with your ban on posting or whatever. I stopped by and saw some discussion on how I don't enable comments on any Cooper videos I upload at YouTube. You and Georger were recently discussing this at your site. So I simply answered your question on WHY, and pointed out that OTHER Cooper video posters, like Safecracking PFL, do the same thing. I actually complimented you (sort of) for dropping your block on VPN's, in case you didn't notice. You are making a mountain out of a molehill here. Since Galen Cook is no longer posting his outright lies there about my co-author Skipp Porteous (claiming email messages from Skipp trashing me, messages which never existed in reality) I no longer have a problem.

Didn't spend much time looking around or anything. I don't care that much what goes on there anymore, since all of that from Cook stopjped. As far as any Cooper videos you have going, I haven't seen any of them anyway. Didn't even know you had any uploaded. But if you tell me that (generously) 350 out of the total of 2500 posts at your site are about me personally or Kenny Christiansen, you should have expected I would at least drop by and take a peek. To think anything else would be unrealistic. After I did, I wasn't concerned about anything going there. As I said, everyone is entitled to opinions and discussion on any Cooper subject or personality. I just didn't like seeing those lies by Cook, but you seemed to have handled that fine.

I have commented on Safecracks YouTube videos before, and gotten a response from him. If he is blocking comments, that is a recent change, probably due to the fact that he truly is out of the Cooper biz now (supposedly).
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

See pic from one of my jumps on Sat 10-11-14. No tumble or spin. Bag was big enough for the Cooper loot. See it in photo near my left leg. Olive drab color. Photo attached.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

'I have commented on Safecracks YouTube videos before, and gotten a response from him. If he is blocking comments, that is a recent change, probably due to the fact that he truly is out of the Cooper biz now (supposedly)...'

I think most are no-comment and one or two are comments-okay. Or he might be moderating the comments and having to examine them before allowing them to appear. I guess I could check it again, I don't know. I will be very upfront here. BK is one big reason I automatically select 'no commenting" on any Cooper vids I upload to YouTube. He has been known to follow Cooper-related items around the internet and say some pretty horrible things. So, I just side-step that problem 'from the gate,' as they say. Doesn't seem to matter regarding traffic to the Kenny vid. The one I did on him has over 17,000 views now, although I know I will have to re-shoot it soon in a better version. This time I want to do it outdoors and get some assistance.
Who is 'BK'? See the attached cartoons. You'll figure it out. :)
Besides, this policy isn't restricted to Cooper videos at YouTube I've done. There are only two or three of those maybe. And two are just covering the Ariel Celebration, I believe. I select no comment on ALL videos I upload to YouTube. I just don't have time to keep going back there and looking to see if comments need a response. The other option is to review all comments first before allowing them to appear, and I don't have time for that either. If people need an answer to a particular question, I am not hard to find. ;)

Edit: See attached picture

See pic from one of my jumps on Sat 10-11-14. No tumble or spin. Bag was big enough for the Cooper loot. See it in photo near my left leg. Olive drab color. Photo attached.

Great - just what we need. So we know the jump could have gone down and have done well. But, I knew that all along.

I couldn't sleep - so much going on.

Ribs are killing me - bones hurt. So hard to cough, but I have to force myself to cough....if I get a cold or can't caugh up the mucus I will end up in the hospital so I guess I should try to get some sleep.

I want to GO back to WA so bad I can taste it - but out of the question now.

What a total disregard for the well being of the public - and I am referencing that nurse getting on a plane after treating a person with ebola and prior to the restrictions being lifted.

Now the goverment has to spend 100's of thousand finding all of those passengers on her flights to and from. Ridculous some people just can't follow the rules....like some of the posters in this thread.

Tired of all of these exchanges between Blevins and others. It has been evident all of these yrs - Blevins was just wanting to SELL his story.

He thinks NO ONE will solve the case & yrs from now he would be remembered for writing the true story about Cooper after all of the facts regarding the jump or incident have long been buried within the false information provided over the yrs.

This whole thing is just pathetic.
Blevins will NOT allow anyone to have a conversation about a suspect unless it is his unlikely character....and when the conversation goes to another suspect he goes into his repetitious posting we all know by heart. No one wants to post here anymore - not even me.

The thread has been reduce to useless repetitions by Blevins. If any of us try to take the thread in the right direction - he backs it up with his trivial repetitious unsupported story about KC.

What is wrong Blevins? When it comes down to the line - it is time to reveal your sources and let them speak for themselves.

Good Grief - if I had the supposed witnesses Blevins claims to have - the FBI would be all over it and they would have been questioned by the FBI...but, not one of his "witnesses" has been interviewed by the FBI....not one.

How do I know this?

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I appreciate it. As most of you know, I've recently written a book which includes the story of a missing Michigan man by the name of Dick Lepsy. Some say Lepsy resembles the Cooper suspect, but I think it's open to interpretation. Unfortunately, many people here in Michigan don't seem to share our fascination with the Cooper case and I haven't got much feedback concerning whether or not he could be possible decent suspect. Attached is a photo of Lepsy with his family, and a close up of his face compared to the Cooper Crosby sketch. The photo was taken around 1963.

Photo versus composite:

That was not the composite the crew agreed on, but has been used a lot.

The shape of the face is per the photo just about right, but the eyes are off. Cooper had a distinct appearance to the eyes in shape & one seemed just a little different than the other.

What I see is - the eyes & the eyebrows are different. Cooper had an arch to his eyebrows which was evident in all composites & your guy seems to just have eyebrows that are thick & without that distinct arch.

Men have been known to pluck their eyebrows & that is what it would take to make a good match - so it is possible.

What do you know about the man's background? What kinds of work did he do? Was he ever in the military? What locations did he live in over the known yrs? Who were his friends and what is his family background?

More background is needed and what yr was that photo taken?

Lots of men just disappeared during those yrs although I never understood why.

Did your suspect have a criminal background?

What was the home situation like when he disappeared?

Was he a loving father & did his wife have any idea why he would just go Poof?

What was going on in his life when he disappeared and what was his employment circumstances at that time? Was he a heavy drinker?

What occupations did he work at in the past?

The car being at an airport with smokes left in it & unlocked seem to indicate a sudden abandonment of the vehicle. Was the auto a newer car or older car at the time it was abandoned?

From what you have stated it seems like the car just might have been dropped at the airport if it was an old car. Did he carry large sums of monies in cash? What area did he disappear from? What was his movements just prior to his coming up missing? Was he known to frequent airports for any reason?

Was he living with his wife at the time of the disappearance? Or were they separated?

I am sure others would like to know the answers to these questions before giving an opinion.

What kind of friends did he have and were they questioned?

If he had cashed his pay check - it could be a robbery that went bad and the other parties dumped the car. The circumstances going on just before he came up missing versus the time frame before his car was found seems to be important to me - if I was looking into him as a Cooper Suspect.

Skyjack says in part:

'What is wrong Blevins? When it comes down to the line - it is time to reveal your sources and let them speak for themselves.

Good Grief - if I had the supposed witnesses Blevins claims to have - the FBI would be all over it and they would have been questioned by the FBI...but, not one of his "witnesses" has been interviewed by the FBI....not one.

How do I know this?'

Because I already told you. The FBI has admitted to me not once, but twice, that they have not investigated Christiansen. They have a current policy of not spending money sending agents around to investigate suspects in the Cooper case unless you provide them with almost irrefutable evidence that would justify such an expenditure. The case agent's main job is to sort out what comes in on Cooper, not so much to verify the accuracy, or do follow-ups, on what comes in. After we get the DNA profile on Lyle Christiansen, and I finish my work with the Geestman family, etc. then I will submit my final report on Kenny Christiansen. And it's the same deal...they have to decide what...if anything...is to be done about checking it out. In the event that ArcPoint Labs and the Seattle FBI call it a no-match on the DNA, or the Seattle FBI refuses to check out the information contained in the updated report (it's 58 pages long to date), then that is the point I will move on from investigating the Cooper case. Did what I could, as they say. I've even decided that if all this happens I will put out a second book titled Cooperland that details my efforts and adventures over the last five years checking out Kenny. But I knew at the beginning the chances were very low that I would be able to prove he was Cooper. I may believe this or that because of my personal experiences interviewing people on Kenny and researching him out, but that doesn't mean I'm unrealistic about the whole thing either. :)
I have previously provided the first and last names of most of the witnesses, and the towns where they live.

NMI Wrecks says in part:

'As most of you know, I've recently written a book which includes the story of a missing Michigan man by the name of Dick Lepsy. Some say Lepsy resembles the Cooper suspect, but I think it's open to interpretation. Unfortunately, many people here in Michigan don't seem to share our fascination with the Cooper case and I haven't got much feedback concerning whether or not he could be possible decent suspect. Attached is a photo of Lepsy with his family, and a close up of his face compared to the Cooper Crosby sketch. The photo was taken around 1963...'

More information needs to be presented on Lepsy to make any guesses or determinations on him regarding the possibility he could be Cooper. His background, his history, was he a skydiver, possible family problems, known friends and acquiantances, circumstances of his going missing, etc. It's interesting, though. He DOES bear a resemblance to the hijacker. Contrary to what some people may tell you, even though I believe Kenny C might be Cooper, that doesn't mean he WAS. It could just as easily have been someone else...maybe even Lepsy.

In that OTHER place Georger keeps repeating a post that I have addressed before - so would some one be sure he is provided with the facts.

Georger stated:
"I guess this article is one of the first reports about Jo Weber's claim her husband was Cooper. I noticed some things have changed over the years. she is quoted saying "leaving fingerprints on the plane" and not on the "aft stairs" also no dramatic response about Duane telling her he was "Daaaaaan Coooooper." "

Georger, writers have a way of expressing themselves & I have explained this before. I do not know which article you are referring to or who wrote it. I had NO control over what others wrote or what they state....I made a couple of complaints, but once the article is done it is done. Rarely do they make retractions on such a small error. It was duely noted by me to the writers when they made such mistakes - after a while I just let them go.

It is a known fact & I made a detailed posting not long ago regarding this... the same story has been told for yrs - since 1996 when I contacted Himmelsbach.

In 1978 shortly after Duane and I got married he had a night mare and he woke up screaming "I left my prints on the Aft stair - and a blood curdling scream "I'm going to die". This was in 1977 and has NOTHING to do with his confession before he died.

He explained the aft stairs as a stairway in a jail. Well, at that time (1977) I had no idea he had a record. He was visibly shaken & took some medication. I asked what AFT STAIR WAS and he told me it was a stairway in a jail...I was shocked and said "JAIL!".
He then told me about he and some other guys getting in some trouble & he spent some time in jail. He did not tell me how long & I do not remember if I asked. He made it sound like he was a young man & it was just a couple of months. I assumed county jail & never concieve it was a Federal Prisons.

I accepted this explanation & let it go. I would not know about his checkered past until 1990 & then only about Jefferson. I would not know about the OTHER prisons until the FBI got involved in 1996....over a yr after he died.

Had I known in 1978 about his multiple prison stays my daughter and myself would have been gone in a heart beat. Some how we would have made it back home.

DUHHH! Georger you are connecting dots that do not connect. That was 1978...when the AFT stair comment was made.

In 1995 he was in the hospital and had been there for a couple of wks and had started refusing diaylsis.

He had refuse any drugs for 2 days and made this CLEAR to the Dr. as he pulled the papers from his brief case with the documents he had prepared in 1990 when he started on the machine. He noted the dates on the documents to the Dr. and his Nurse and the hospital administrator.

It was after this issue was resolved and they moved him to the Skilled Nursing Facility, but it would be 2 days before they did that.

After the above conversation Duane told me we had to talk before it was too late.

He asked me if there was anyone in the Room...and I went over to the hall doorway (which he could NOT see from the position of the bed).

That is when he told me "I'mmm Dan Cooper" - I had NO clue who Dan Cooper was. He rattled on trying to tell me what he was talking about, but being the naive person I was - I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. In exasperation he shouted out "Oh, F---! Let it die with me!" VERY LOUDLY!

He was trying to tell me about jumping out of a plane - and I said "you jump out of a plane".
He was angry because I didn't understand. I do NOT remember him stating anything about an AFT WAY at that time.

The staff hear him shout out at me & immediately started to give him heavy doses of morphine...yet for 2 day he kept talking about strange things & his friend who came to the hospital to say good bye asked me what he was talking about. I told her I did not know.

THAT WAS 9 days before he died....not 2 days!

He would later again pretend to take the meds & I found them under his pillow 2 days before he died. He told me again we had to talk...well, stupid me told the nurses and they started making sure he had swallowed the pills. It would be 2 or 3 days after that he died.

I hope someone provides Georger with this information so he will stop it with his misconception or deliberate distortion of the facts.

The circumstances and sequences are NOT what Georger portrays or states.

This is what SECOND hand statements do to a crime - others twist the words & even the dates & circumstances - just to discredit another person.

The prior post I made about this gave a day to day accounting from the log I kept - no need in repeating that again.

Enough is enough regarding the twisting of the things Duane told me and the sequence of such.

I want to venture some short opinions on Duane Weber's alleged deathbed statements. To a certain extent, I believe SOMETHING happened in this regard, i.e. that Duane may have said some things that MAY relate to the idea that he was either Cooper, or fantasized that he was, while in a morphine-induced state or very ill.

It is difficult to tell.

On the other hand, we have a claim via Galen Cook that Gossett confessed to a judge, but that claim cannot be verified either.

And the problem with both of those claims is the lack of corroborating evidence. And another problem with those claims is a lack of any second living witness who can say either of those men made confessions.

Simply confessing to a crime is a common thing, especially in high-profile cases. Ask any cop sergeant who works the receiving or public window at a police station. Confessors are many and common.

Without any corroborating evidence, a single-witness confession just doesn't cut it. Even if the hijacker were alive today, and he walked into any police station and said he was Cooper...the police would ask him to prove it. And so far in the case of Gossett and Weber, nothing solid has been presented. SOME evidence has been presented on Christiansen, but it is mostly witness testimony and circumstantial...leaving all three of these men out in the cold on possible guilt until either a smoking gun is found...or multiple witnesses provide testimony proving that particular suspect's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

The best example of 'beyond a reasonable doubt' would be witnesses who provide testimony on items or events regarding the Cooper hijacking that would be known only to the hijacker...and the FBI.

RobertMBlevins

I want to venture some short opinions on Duane Weber's alleged deathbed statements. To a certain extent, I believe SOMETHING happened in this regard, i.e. that Duane may have said some things that MAY relate to the idea that he was either Cooper, or fantasized that he was, while in a morphine-induced state or very ill.

EXCUSE ME - HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THAT WEBER HAD NO MEDICATIONS FOR 2 DAYS PRIOR TO HIS CONFESSION. THEY DID NOT START THE MORPHINE UNTIL HE SHOUTED OUT "OH, fXXX! LET IT DIE WITH ME!"

He did inform the Dr. that he had been refusing medication for 2 days and therefore was clear of mind...I do not know what those medications were, but may have been morphine or some other pain medication...perhaps Duane was aware they had decided to help him along....but Weber was a man you faced head on and not behind his back.

UP UNTIL THAT TIME THEY WERE TRYING TO STABLIZE HIM, BUT HE WAS REFUSING DIALYSIS IN THE SECOND WK. HE WAS READY TO "LEAVE THIS WORLD" - HE WAS TRIED OF BEING AN INVALID. HE HAD REACHED THE STAGE HE COULD NOT WALK UNASSISTED AND HIS NON-FUNCTIONING KIDNEYS WERE HUGH - CAUSING HIM MUCH DISCOMFORT.

HIS BONES WERE BRITTLE FROM THE YRS HE HAD BEEN ON THE MACHINE & THE NECESSARY MEDICATIONS. HE WAS SUFFERING ONE BREAK AFTER ANOTHER THAT LAST YR. HE HAD BEEN CONFINED TO THE HOUSE FOR WKS BEFORE HE WENT TO THE HOSPITAL.

HE NEEDed ASSISTANCE GETTING TO THE BEDSIDE COMMODE & USING THE URINAL. HE WAS VOMITING DAY & NIGHT WITH EVERY MORSEL OR SIP OF WATER HE PUT IN HIS MOUTH WHICH MEANT THE DIALYSIS WAS NOT DOING ITS JOB....

It is upsetting that some of you SUPER Sleuth do NOT understand the health situation Duane was living under. A lot has changed over the last few yrs - and have any one of you sat with a kidney patient the last 3 wks of his or her life? Until you do - DO NOT pretend to know what it is like.

If they are willing to take the morphine - then the Dr.s can make the passing a little bit better, faster and easier. If the person is NOT ready to go - and realizes the morphine will kill them as it builds in the body with no kidneys or machine to remove the toxins...they will hold on until it become unbearable to see another day....this is what Duane did.

I am NOT going to talk about this again - and NONE of you have walked in Duane's shoes nor have you walked in mine. EVERYONE of you who put your two cents worth into this process needs to volunteer with end stage kidney patients - NOT tell me what could or did happen. I WAS there! NONE of YOU were there!

Please be sure this is copied and pasted and sent to Georger...all of the gross details and tell him to back OFF!

I won't re-live this again just to satistfy creeps who were NOT there and who have NEVER experienced this.

EVickiW

Jo.....I understand you spoke with Bill Mitchell and showed him pictures of Duane. What was the outcome of that conversation?

I spoke to him yrs ago and sent what I had when he was still working - forget the yrs.

This last time was after I got the Jefferson pic and he was sent a new batch.

I do not remember what he said with the first batch yrs ago, but probably posted in this thread.

This last time (with the Jefferson pic added to the batch) he was basically non-commital - that it had just been too long & he had seen 100's of pictures. I frankly do not remember his wording...unless I posted it soon after in the thread...clearly it was not a definity answer.

Evidently you have finally got through to him - what did he tell you about your dad's pics. I never heard from him after I sent your Dad's pictures to him & wondered if he was just not opening them or just wanted to stay uninvolved.

DID you get thru to him? What did he say if you did? Curious! Something to take my mind off of the horrible memories some of the stupid guys are causing me to relive.

I do remember Mitchel was not negative & he is a very kind man.

He did tell me he had reviewed 1000's of photo - I do remember him telling me on the 1st batch - he had a problem with the nose, but I didn't have the other pictures that showed his nose at a different angle - I think the last batch solved the nose problem....but, he was non-commital.

I probably still have the email he sent to me - if I find it I will forward it to you by regular email.

I guess at this point I'm saying Dick Lepsy may resemble the FBI sketches of the Cooper suspect. I see nothing in Lepsy's past that would make him a suspect or tie him to the skyjacking.

Here's what I've been told about Lepsy. He was born and raised in Chicago, them moved to Grayling Michigan to finish high school. He married his high school sweetheart "Jackie" when they were both 19 years old. They had four children. Dick was the store manager at a local grocery store named Glen's Market.

Allegedly, when Dick disappeared, so did $2000 in cash from Glen's Market's safe. After his abandoned car was found at the airport, authorities interviewed airport staff and tracked down all the passengers that left on the day he vanished. All were identified but two, a male and female. The male fit Dick's description. There final destination was Mexico.

All police records of the incident have been purged over the years. Dick Lepsy was never charged. Lepsy wasn't considered a missing person until 2011, because authorities had considered him a voluntary leave.

Attached is another photo of Lepsy and his children, taken around 1962, and another comparing Lepsy's face with the FBI sketch.

Thoughts?

NMIWrecks

I guess at this point I'm saying Dick Lepsy may resemble the FBI sketches of the Cooper suspect. I see nothing in Lepsy's past that would make him a suspect or tie him to the skyjacking.

Here's what I've been told about Lepsy. He was born and raised in Chicago, them moved to Grayling Michigan to finish high school. He married his high school sweetheart "Jackie" when they were both 19 years old. They had four children. Dick was the store manager at a local grocery store named Glen's Market.

Allegedly, when Dick disappeared, so did $2000 in cash from Glen's Market's safe. After his abandoned car was found at the airport, authorities interviewed airport staff and tracked down all the passengers that left on the day he vanished. All were identified but two, a male and female. The male fit Dick's description. There final destination was Mexico.

All police records of the incident have been purged over the years. Dick Lepsy was never charged. Lepsy wasn't considered a missing person until 2011, because authorities had considered him a voluntary leave.

Attached is another photo of Lepsy and his children, taken around 1962, and another comparing Lepsy's face with the FBI sketch.

Thoughts?

Checking the 1960 census on Grayling, it was a town of just under 2,000 people, and even less in the next census. So...it's a small town. Sounds like he did run off with a girlfriend, i.e. maybe he was the kind of guy who didn't want to spend his life working the grocery store and raising all those kids. It happens.

I haven't checked, but I imagine there could be news articles still out there on him at Newspapers.com or maybe the LA Times archives, who keep articles on a lot of papers besides the Times.

One first step might be to identify his girlfriend. Although a guy might be able to cut the family ties permanently, it is somewhat less likely (in my opinion) that the woman he was with would do the same unless SHE were also married and abandoned children at the same time. If she were from Grayling, it's surprising no one came forward to report her missing. Maybe no one in her family did because they already knew what she had planned with Lepsy. Or because their daughter could have been charged as an accomplice in the store robbery. There are many variables here. But ID'ing the girlfriend would be a help.

If she was single or had no children, it's a good bet that the girlfriend and her family could be the key to discovering where Lepsy ended up and what he did after he got there. You would think the girlfriend would still contact her family members from time to time, if she did not leave a husband or children behind when she bailed town with Lepsy.

And who knows what they did after they went to Mexico.

Hmm. Mexico...isn't that the same place where Cooper wanted to go? :)
Screenshot attached: Picture of Lepsy and wife Jackie, which was presented during her appearance on Sally Jessy Raphael. NOTE: Wife does not say anything on the show about the girlfriend or the missing money. She does mention the company car that was found two days later at the airport. The picture does show a strong resemblance between Lepsy and the FBI sketch. The black tie Lepsy is wearing in the picture makes it a better comparison picture than if Lepsy were snapped wearing a red flannel shirt, for example. Also, it seems like a more recent picture than the 62-63 photos. This photo is later, and a good guess is that it was taken around 1968. His wife says he went missing seventeen years BEFORE the SJR show, which means about 1969...two years before the hijacking. (Actual date was October 1969) He does fit the general description at 5/10-6/2, 180 pounds or so, brown eyes. He was a smoker as well. The two crooked front teeth might be a problem, but that's only if anyone noticed. Since hijacking isn't a funny business, maybe he never smiled and nobody noticed. (Just saying...)

So he fits the basics, anyway. Is there anything official on the girlfriend and the money? Neither is mentioned in any of the usual reports online regarding his disappearance.

EDIT: About the 'Lepsy Pic With Notes' picture: First thing I noticed was the extreme narrowness (tightness) of the knot on the tie. (spot just BELOW the knot) You would have to damn near choke yourself to get it that tight - unless it was a clip-on. The picture does not show even the slightest bulge around the collar, either. The tie itself is a good match (as far as can be told from the picture) to the tie allegedly worn by Cooper, although the clip is different. There is a pack of cigarettes in his pocket as well. I will attach the official FBI photo of the tie and clip recovered from Flight 305, mostly for comparison to the tie.

Next Thought: Contact the wife. Show her the picture. Do NOT ask leading questions or discuss Cooper. Ask her where he got the tie, and was it a clip-on? The right answers are 'JC Penneys' and 'yes,' in that order. :)

NMIWrecks

Thoughts?

Lepsy would of been 35 years old in 1971.......
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

' I am NOT going to talk about this again - and NONE of you have walked in Duane's shoes nor have you walked in mine. EVERYONE of you who put your two cents worth into this process needs to volunteer with end stage kidney patients - NOT tell me what could or did happen. I WAS there! NONE of YOU were there!

Please be sure this is copied and pasted and sent to Georger...all of the gross details and tell him to back OFF!'

No worries. Both Shutter and Georger keep track of what is said here at Dropzone, and discuss what they read here over at the alternate site. Trust me, Georger sees these things.

I'm sure it was a hard thing for you during Duane's last weeks. It's just too bad he didn't come right out and give you a few details regarding who Dan Cooper was. One sentence would have done it, and the FBI would have been at his bedside in a flash. "I'm the guy who hijacked a plane for money and they never caught...Dan Cooper, you know...DB Cooper..."

That would have done it. I personally don't know how to help you prove that Duane was the hijacker. The only idea I ever had (since it is difficult to trace Duane's movements around the year of the hijacking) was to run the DNA of a direct family member, as we're doing with Christiansen, and try going that route.

On Lepsy as the suspect: Shutter points out an obvious fact. Lepsy's age at the time of the hijacking puts him slightly at odds with most of the descriptions. I think one person thought Cooper was in his 30's, most of the others guessed mid-forties. Still...I wouldn't mind knowing where he ended up with his hot date after they got to Mexico, and what they did in the years following. B|

I also wonder why Lepsy's wife, during her appearance on Sally Jessy in '86, never says anything about a girlfriend or going to Mexico. (I believe what NMI says on that, I just wonder why the wife left that part out when she was on TV)

NON-Cooper: Spent half the day working on vehicles. Water pump on a Honda Civic, and the starter on my Nissan truck. (success=yes) What fun...[:/] The Civic is Gayla's. And when you fix a woman's car, and she is around someplace, she will often keep coming out to check progress. She's funny. Comes out, 'Do you need any help?' Answer: No. If you answer yes, this is the response: 'But I'm watching my program...'

;)

Great questions. Unfortunately, Jackie Lepsy, Dick's Wife, passed away before I was able to contact her. She requested that Dick's name be added to her headstone with the date of his disappearance as the day he died, because he was never seen or heard from again.

The information about the alleged money theft and fleeing via aircraft comes from the former owner of Glen's Market, who knew Dick well. There were no news articles about the incident, as it was kept pretty hush hush.

Attached is a photo of Dick and Jackie Lepsy taken when they were both 33 years old. It is the last known photo of Dick. Some are of the opinion that Dick Lepsy looks older than your typical 33 year old in that photo. I guess it's open to interpretation.

Also attached is a photo of the Lepsy headstone.

One a personal note, while researching this case, I became friends with Dick's daughter, Lisa. She's quite a lady and has maintained a positive attitude through out this ordeal. I would like nothing better than for her and her family to get some kind of closure on this.

Here is what I learned about Dick Lepsy: He was considered as having above average intelligence. He enjoyed studying ancient philosophy and was a voracious reader. He was indifferent about religion and politics, though he watched the news most nights. He rode a Harley Davidson motorcycle and considered the movie "Easy Rider" a "social icon". He was considered a good father and husband and everybody was quite shocked when he disappeared.

RobertMBlevins

I'm sure it was a hard thing for you during Duane's last weeks. It's just too bad he didn't come right out and give you a few details regarding who Dan Cooper was. One sentence would have done it, and the FBI would have been at his bedside in a flash. "I'm the guy who hijacked a plane for money and they never caught...Dan Cooper, you know...DB Cooper..."

He did try, but I didn't understand what he was trying to tell me. He mentioned jumping out of a plane and - my response was probably "You jump out of a Plane!"

I thought maybe they had already started the morphine, but they did NOT give any until He shouted out "Oh, Fuck Let it die with me!"

Had I not found out who Dan Coooper was - it would have died with him. I have tried to remember what he did say - but, whatever it was I was having none of it - and I also thought they had started the drugs - but that had NOT happened at the time - NOT, until he shouted out very loud & the nurse came running into the room and then came back with the drugs and I think the first dose was a shot...because he immediately was calm...but, still rambling when his friends came in the next day. The friend asked me what he was talking about.

I told her I didn't have a clue. This was the next day and he was rambling about 63k or 73K and he couldn't find the bucket. He kept telling me we had to go for a ride and this thing about the ride continued until the day before he died...9 days later...the hospital gave me permission to take him for that ride - but the Storms those last two nights caused this NOT to happen....they were going to help me get him in the van...but the torential rains kept coming.

He kept wanting to know if the van was LOCKED. I often have wondered if one of his friends didn't go get the hide key from under the car and find whatever it was...but, one is deceased and he was the one who told me about walking in on Duane at the store....and that Duane had at least 50K in 100's on his desk.

This supposedly occured after Duane & this friend made that trip to Tallahasee in 1990 - when Duane left the friend at the set up and disappeared for 2 days.

The guy whose name was Jim told me that he thought Duane kept his money in cash the way he did...he was supposedly retired law enforcement...and he had a large safe at his home....said he didn't trust banks!

The FBI questioned this guy, but the guy did NOT tell me this story until later. I told Mr. H about this but as far as I knew the FBI never requestioned the man....why NOT!
They had closed their investigation of Duane and that was it - nothing anyone else told them mattered.

The trail ended with the people the FBI never interviewed...such as the man in Mobil who threatend me. They did not even try to find Ed or investigate his background. They only talked to the exwife, his employer, Jim and his other friend in ATL who to this day believes that Duane was really Cooper. This is the friend JT claimed to have interviewed - if JT did interview him he passed himself off as FBI.

The FBI didn't even get Duane's criminal history right - and claimed he was never in the army and never in McNeil - but, I and OTHER proved them wrong. Then later Shutter gets the FBI / Jefferson picture I BEGGED that FBI agent for on this forum.

A picture I spent a lot of money and time trying to acquire and it WAS NOT with the file when that FBI agent was posting on here.

My guy made an expensive trip to acquire that photo yrs ago and he was turned away by Jefferson when he showed up....We could NOT prove I was the widow of John Collins...I begged the FBI for this - literally BEGGED!

I do not know if they interviewed the woman Duane was married to from 1972 to 1975...a marriage that was very volitale. She did later have a conversation with me, but she had nothing kind to say about him....it was a very volitale marriage - more off than it was on.

The friend in GA told me he moved that hide-a-bed more out than in - along with Duane's desk.
She was a very very angry woman, but I never saw that part of Duane other - other than he threatened to harm her after she called our residence in Atl before we moved to VA. In VA 2 or 3 yrs later she managed to wipe him out financially, but she couldn't touch the equity in our home or my savings....only his personal renewals....I forget now how much money she did get but, he had to start all over and he did full speed forward...

having problem with my hand and i can't do this left handed so any posts i make will be limited. no caps and less than one paragraph.

hope vickie gets the results she is looking for. i have noted a certain party is starting to act out in that other place just like that person acted out here.

the person is very intelligent, but seems to have an issue with anyone with a suspect - wonder why.

remember i told you guys that i knew about that person before he ever posted here - it was a story weber told me during the first yrs of our marriage and this person matches the story i was told.

good luck guys as long as there is someone with false information out there and attacks any and all good suspects you guys will be trying to figure this out until you die and into eternity.

perhaps a good thing to do would be to dig into that person's background and I don't mean just what he claims, but go all the way back to when he was a kid and do a detailed research on his locations and yrs and what he was doing professionally and private for the most part of his life.

think you will find a couple of surprises. suggest you also acquire photos from various stages of his life.
one might find a little surprise waiting for them.

i am having a problem with my right hand so this is about all i will be doing and if the test indicated i need surgery and can tolerate the procedure i will be out for several wks.

not even supposed to be using a mouse but i can use my fingers it is working.

bye

'i have noted a certain party is starting to act out in that other place just like that person acted out here.

the person is very intelligent, but seems to have an issue with anyone with a suspect - wonder why...'

Know who you mean. Saw his posts recently. No big deal. He basically hates (almost) everyone and fortunately we aren't bothered by his posts here anymore. Let Shutter deal with him. He 'went off' just because I did a little discussion on Lepsy. All I was really doing is making conversation for this thread. In reality, I haven't the slightest idea whether Lepsy was Cooper or not. He also claims he 'withdrew' from Dropzone, which is the one and only time I believe he actually told a lie. I already know the story on how he got perma-banned, but I'm not making that public. Besides, it doesn't matter anyway. He's gone, too bad, so sad, and good riddance. :)
EDIT: Some discussions are going around about organizing a Cooper event this spring at the Auburn Ave Theater. Todd Hulgren at Finally Found Books and I have talked about this here and there. As some of you know, I am on the planning committee for my hometown's biggest event, Auburn Days, which happens the second weekend every August. And once or twice I have done Cooper-related stuff at the theater (see pictures) during the festival.

But the problem has always been this: You get thousands of people milling the streets downtown from Friday to Sunday, but none of them are really there to go inside a theater. They wander around outside buying food from the vendors, seeing the displays, listening to all the live music. Plus...because of the festival, downtown is closed to vehicles and you have to park blocks away.

The idea came to us that maybe a Cooper event would work better if we just RENTED the theater (it's reletively cheap and staff is provided) and ran the event THEN. Most times, anytime anything is done at the Ave, the 220 seats are taken and it's SRO. Parking is no problem then.

My initial thoughts for such an event would be Open Mike for Cooper Stuff or Cooper Demonstrations, show the Treat Williams movie on Cooper, etc and run the event from 9AM until late into the evening. On a Saturday. Gayla can do the Concession Window and provide the snacks and drinks, as she does during Auburn Days at the same theater each year. Presentations on DVD or slideshow? We have old-style slide projectors and DVD projectors with a full-size pulldown screen and a sound system.

You know I will bring a DVD of my own. I was considering the best idea for me personally would be releasing our final report on Kenny Christiansen to the media and the Seattle FBI, along with the DNA profile on Christiansen's brother - the same week as this event. ;) And then do a presentation on what was released.

EDIT: Greg the Techie Guy for AB just brought this to my attention regarding our book Into The Blast at Amazon for the Kindle:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #23,139 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#3 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > World > Transportation > Aviation
#10 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Transportation > Aviation > History
#30 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Transportation > History

They talk bad about us, do what they will. But the public is smarter than you think...B|

If this keeps up I might be able to afford to replace the passenger-side stereo speaker on my old Nissan truck.
It went out a while back. :)

regarding the site of the money. if i had an aerial of the area taken in 1979 and one taken in 2000 - i can show you were that money was buried.

Duane walked down the beach thru the gate and the he walked behind the house as it was in 1979 and just out of my site.

in 2000 when I was there with the documentary crew the fazions and himmelsbach - pointed out the area the money was found in.

before they did that i had asked about a shed that used to be below the fenced area behind the house.

there used to be a shed there to store things they used to clean the beach and boating equipment and what ever they needed. the trees were on the river side of the fence.

the area pointed out to me was just a few feet from the tree line and that tree line was just below the fence and and the money find was just a few ft - maybe 18 feet from the fence. I asked it about the shed and the shed did exist...up near the tree line.

so i was able to point out to them where i thought duane went to but i do not know how far down river duane walked from that as i could not see him.

Duane wasn't gone very long - but the shed and what the area the pointed out as the location of the money was just below were the shed was by just a few feet. the shed was close to the fence and the money was out at the overhange area of the trees. the trees there at that time were fairly large.

I wish I knew how to draw it and put it on the thread....if anyone has drawing of the house and the fence and the beach and their location to the parking area in 1979 - I can put an x on it and send it back.

all of the technical stuff and ariels posted showed the house a different shape than it was in 1979 when I was there with Duane and when I was there in 2000 with the crew.

I am not a good judge of distance on those ariels - pictures would be better.
picture of the house made from the beach in 2000 and pictures of the house and shore line made in 1979.

Himmelsbach and the Fazio who was there were surprised I went directly to the location of the find....i knew were it was and i have not seen all of the garbage & technical stuff that has been produced before by the thread.

I just know that some of what I did understand did not match my memory of the area as it was in 1979 and 2000. 1979 the shed was there and in 2000 the shed was gone.

That alone was evidence I had been there - none of that had been shown in any pictures I had seen. infact the only pictures i had seen at that point was what was in Himmelsbachs book.

Jo...your story is difficult to believe regarding Duane and the burial of the money. By that time, it had been twenty years since the money was found, it was in the news extensively, so you understand that ANYONE could take a camera crew or an FBI agent down there and say things regarding that money.

And besides...didn't you say something previously about money possibly in a bag and being tossed into the river in the Portland area? Maybe I missed something here. If that part of your story is true, then how would Duane know the money would end up at Tina Bar and go there?

Like you, I have been following (lately) the posts by Robert99/Georger/and Shutter at the alternate site regarding this money. They're going over the aerial maps, the research by Tom Kaye, and the original investigation by Leonard Palmer, etc in an effort to find answers, but I think they just don't have enough information to work with.

One of the biggest problems with this whole Tina Bar scenario is the AMOUNT of the money found.
A lot of people ignore this, but I believe the point is logical. An amount equal to MORE than one bundle of the ransom was found. $5,800 in fact, which is at least three bundles of the money given to Cooper. And despite Robert99's laudable efforts, he still has not been able to move Flight 305 at least five miles WEST of the Interstate 5 freeway while it was still NORTH of Vancouver. This is what would have to happen if you believe Cooper went ker-plunk in the Tina Bar area, almost certainly in the Columbia River.

So...if Cooper didn't jump OVER Tina Bar, or in the immediate area, how do you explain that amount of money being found miles away and found TOGETHER? Your resident Cooper experts Georger, Robert99, and Shutter conveniently ignore this fact. The bundles did not have little strings holding them together. No body, no parachute, no briefcase, no other money was ever found in the area.

This makes the chances that the money floated down the Washougal or floated in naturally from ANYWHERE extremely unlikely. How would the bundles stay together for a water trip that would have to encompass MILES of travel? Why wasn't even a single other bill found anywhere along the riverbank? Why was it JUST Tina Bar?

One thing we can also assume is that the money was not nine years out in the wild when it was found. It arrived at the location it was found LATER. In fact, years later. But since some shards were found, and the money was in very poor condition, some time DID pass between its deposit and its discovery. Just not an amount of time that would equal between November 1971 and January 1980. The money would have rotted to utter mush long before nine years passed.

The most likely scenarios (in my opinion) fall into two categories: A plant or a throw.

And the most likely MOTIVATION for either of these scenarios is the issuance of the last-second John Doe warrant for the hijacker that was granted by the Federal judge in Portland. The news about this warrant was on local television in the Seattle area, maybe even all of the West Coast.

For Cooper Newbies: At the time of the Cooper hijacking, (it was changed later) the Statute of Limitations on Air Piracy was five years. That means on approximately November 25, 1976...five years after the hijacking...that Cooper could have walked into any police station and admitted who he was, or sold his story to the media, and nobody could have touched him. But just as the statute was about to expire, a couple of FBI guys went in front of a Federal judge in Portland, OR and got him to issue a 'John Doe' warrant restricted specifically to the person who hijacked Flight 305. They give his description and the details of the hijacking in the warrant. And although Federal judges are usually reluctant to bypass the Statute, this one did and issued the warrant.

If Cooper was still alive, and he heard about this, it would have crushed him. Here he is, thinking he's free and clear, and then POP...the Feds do a back-door warrant on him at the last possible moment. Can we say 'disappointment'? Results? They can now search for him for the rest of his life.

So what might Cooper do? He might try a red herring by depositing some of the ransom somewhere and hoping it would be found. But he couldn't just toss a few bundles into the woods or leave it in a park. The reason is obvious, Cooper Experts....if you leave it on land the FBI will search the area extensively. Finding nothing, they will know you made it and are still alive. The only place that might fool the FBI into believing you were dead is to put it either IN or NEAR a large body of water. Say...the Columbia. And this would have to be done not a whole long way from Tina Bar.

I said TWO different scenarios. Scenario one is burying it directly at Tina Bar. I doubt this scenario. Scenario two is placing the money inside something else, maybe a heavy paper bag, and tossing it into the river.

It's only my opinion, but I firmly believe that the money was a plant, a red herring, and done for the reasons I stated above. And if it WAS a plant, it worked to a degree. How?

Because it was after the money was found that the Seattle FBI took the position more and more that Cooper probably died in the jump. I was able to speak to former Seattle FBI Cooper agent Bob Fuhriman face-to-face on these things in August 2010, and he admitted that this was the case. (FBI had gravitated to 'died in the jump') He said there were different opinions among some of the agents on how the money arrived. Float-down was the most common. Then I asked him if the FBI ever considered the fact that finding MORE than ONE bundle of the ransom in the SAME SPOT miles from where the plane actually WAS could be a factor. His eyes lit up. He said no, they had not thought of that. :)
You can take that any way you like, but Fuhriman agreed with me that my scenario made perfect sense.

Where the HELL do u get your info from....

DON'T start in on me do you understand that. Just because you haved no one else to pick on!

the crime was in 1971.
duane and i were there in 1979.
the money find was in 1980.

SO what FANTASY are you making up now. I refuse to be YOUR victim...do you understand.

I am sick and I am in pain - leave YOUR 2 cents worth out and do NOT ever reply to my postings with that kind of shit again.

i am not even supposed to be using my fingers...if you want to get ME banned then you can sit there and tell your made up story till the end of time.

have it all to your self - that is where you are NOW just because you rip everyone apart and your information is so flawed it is ridiculous.

BYE!