18 18
quade

DB Cooper

ParrotheadVol

I have a different theory. I think the money was originally in another container, such as a heavy paper bag, and was tossed into the Columbia, eventually washing up on Tina Bar. From the evidence on the condition of the found money (source: www.citizensleuths.com) it seems unlikely the money was deposited anywhere at all at the time of the actual hijacking, but LATER.

The most obvious motivation to try doing a red herring like this could be the issuance of the John Doe warrant against the hijacker in November, 1976.

Explanation for Cooper Novices: At the time of the Cooper hijacking, the Statute of Limitations on air piracy was five years, although this was later changed. But for Cooper, it was five years. As the statute was about to expire, a couple of FBI agents and a Federal prosecutor went in front of a judge in Portland, OR and requested a 'John Doe' warrant that would allow the FBI to bypass the statute and continue their search for the hijacker. (Warrants are issued based on IDENTITY. They must contain a name, generally. Since the FBI was unable to identify Cooper, there was never a warrant for his arrest issued. Just a wanted poster. And something like that falls under a Statute of Limitations.)

This is a reletively unusual move, and not always granted by Federal judges, who might see this warrant as a bypass around certain Constitutional guarantees. But the judge decided to issue the warrant anyway, restricting it to only the hijacker himself, and not any possible accomplices. The issuance of the warrant made the news, and was probably known to the hijacker.

So...instead of being free and clear on the five-year anniversary of the hijacking...Cooper would know the FBI could continue to look for him for the rest of his life. This could motivate him to try and throw off the FBI with a plant near the river. Planting money in the forest for example, would not work. The FBI, should they discover such money, would search the area...and finding nothing else they would assume the hijacker was still alive. (Not finding parachutes, body, or remainder of the money) It wasn't until they found the money on the banks of the Columbia that some FBI agents began saying that Cooper must have died in the jump, i.e. he went into the Columbia, and that's why there wasn't any body or other evidence found. They also began scaling back the search for the hijacker after that time, although they still investigated the incoming tips sometimes.

In a way, if this was the reason the money ended up at Tina Bar, then the hijacker succeeded to a degree. Cooper must have been extremely upset when he discovered the FBI had bypassed the statute on him. Can you imagine it? Maybe he's got that date marked on his calendar. Maybe a party on November 25th to celebrate how he got away with it? And then...the news comes on telling him the FBI found a friendly Federal judge down in Portland at the very last minute before the statute was due to expire. Bummer. [:/]

So he put the money in another container? What then, if they money is found inside this "other container"? That would seem to indicate that Cooper lived, otherwise how did he put the money in this other container?

Secondly, haven't tests showed that this money would not float very long?

Third, a plant only works if the money is found. How did KC insure that the money would be found, but yet that the "other container" would be gone by then?

This theory is full of holes.

I don't think I made myself clear. What I proposed was that Cooper made it to the ground and escaped with the money. Then...after he found out about the John Doe warrant issued out of Portland in 1976...that he may have taken three or four bundles of the cash from wherever he had it stored...like at his house, for example...

Placed these bundles into a heavy paper bag...and tossed that bag into the Columbia, hoping it would be found on the riverbank somewhere. Purpose: To make the FBI think he had died in the river.

Tom Kaye and his team are pretty insistent that this money didn't just lay around in the elements for the eight plus years between the hijacking and when the money was found. They cite the condition of the money. There is also the alternative that perhaps Cooper actually planted the money where it was found. There are three major clues about the money:

1) The AMOUNT. If you find a great deal of the money at Tina Bar, you could assume Cooper landed nearby and died.

2) It is tough to explain how more than one bundle of the cash was found in the same location miles from the where the plane actually WAS. One bundle or less, maybe it was a single bundle that floated in from somewhere else. A great deal of the ransom, maybe the bag floated downriver and Cooper lost it. Three together is hard to explain.

3) The condition of the money when it was found does NOT lend itself to the idea that this money was out and about in the open for almost nine years. Tom Kaye has used the term 'human intervention' as the most likely scenario on how the money ended up on Tina Bar. He points to the condition of the money, the rubber bands still in place, etc.

Map with a better explanation of the problems inherent in the money find...attached.

I've seen a lot of questions and comments posted about my friend and co-author Skipp Porteous. He's an unknown quantity to some of you. Perhaps you should research the book he wrote BEFORE he became a private investigator and was involved in the DB Cooper case.

From 1991, I believe: Jesus Doesn't Live Here Anymore. Available at Amazon.

What the hell. I picked it up myself. Came to less than six bucks anyway and I'm curious about it. :)

You made yourself clear, Robert. I don't think you understood my point though. If that money is found, inside a paper bag, it shows Cooper lived. If he died in the jump, then how would the money wind up in a paper bag? He would have had no assurances that the bag would disappear, while the money would eventually be found with no trace of the bag. But, for your theory to work, you need the bag or some other container to keep the money together.

As far as your book recommendation goes, I read the description of the book. As a proud christian myself, I think I will pass on that one.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

mark74

Thanks for the info, That may be the one break that didn't go his way. I have Gray's book which is OK, but every time I want to look up a fact in it , I have to go to the internet So, if you write a book, please but a fact time line in it.

An index would be a great help also.

Robert99

***Thanks for the info, That may be the one break that didn't go his way. I have Gray's book which is OK, but every time I want to look up a fact in it , I have to go to the internet So, if you write a book, please but a fact time line in it.

An index would be a great help also.

My book has an Index!

mark74

A tin badge and a silver bullet may be what you need to find Cooper!

Not really. Jo has his ashes. Blevins is so full of hot gas I can smell him 1500 miles away. Anything for attention it seems. Mr. Diversion Services at work. "Yah, I saw 'em!! He went that a way!!" Blow yourself up some more, blow hard.

Here is the bottom line. Congress needed pushing on ratifying the International Air Piracy Act but they would not budge. Nixon needed an excuse to override Congress with an Executive Order. Mr. Rataczak, Mr. McCoy and Mr. Weber, et. al., enter stage left. "Go ahead ASAP with your Project Norjak Proposal, but for a different purpose than you intended." This plan was presented by Nixon's Committee on Air Piracy through the newly reorganized FAA with a pilot finally at the helm, and assigned to Nichola O'Hara to oversee, and ME to witness on behalf of McCoy's interests.

And THAT is the way it was, no if's, and's or but's. Speculate, deviate, distract attention from Rataczak all you can. Facts are facts, and these are the facts that everyone is trying so hard to cover up. Another Nixon Dirty Trick played on Congress. And "Cooper" took the blame, so did McCoy, undercover with two years in the pen working on the Walker case and others. But then, we can't talk about Norjak because it's a National Secret that would show how underhanded we Americans are when we want it OUR way.

Blevins is a serenader of distraction who needs to get his ass sued for all his intentionally false accusations blaming innocent people when he definitely knows better. He is NOT a nice person. And you can take THAT to the bank. He thinks he is doing right by doing wrong. Just like Nixon.

Update on Skippy and his Investigation of Kenny C

I'm still interested in Skippy's health and his steadfast belief that Kenny C is DB Cooper. Also, the many claims about Skippy - that he either said this to Galen or that to Bobby B, or can't speak for himself and is too ill to explain his beliefs about KC, also have my full attention.

A few posts ago, Bobby said that Skippy spilled a cup of coffee on his keyboard while he was addressing these issues, and it took hours for him to complete the task.

On his Facebook page, Skipp offers the following explanations:

Skipp Porteous
August 7
i spilled orange juice on my macbook. i'm getting a new computer this weekend. sorry i haven't been in touch.
LikeLike · · Share
11 people like this.
View 2 more comments

Marg Oops.
August 7 at 1:22pm · Like · 1

Mary You had people worried about you. Glad your getting a new computer.
August 7 at 7:21pm · Like · 1

Skipp Porteous tell the truth, there wasn't pure orange juice, there was a little vodka in it.
August 8 at 12:30pm · Like · 4

David makes sense
August 8 at 12:33pm · Like · 1

Skippy has more than just a neurological disorder impeding his communication abilities, as he posted on his Facebook page:

Skipp Porteous
July 12 · Edited
first of all, i don't use capital letters in this post because you think was i shouting. but i'm using lowers case because it's easier because of my bike accident. you see i had broken my wrist. my entire arm is an a cast and i smashed my g... See More

But Skipp seems to be engaging his rehab:

More posts from May 14 to 16

Skipp Porteous
May 14 · Edited
The trouble with lifting weights is they're so damned heavy.
102LikeLike · · Share

'Whatever' on your Skipp updates. He forwarded me your emails, the one where you refer to me as 'Bobby,' and the other where you ask him all the questions. He says he's not going to answer your emails anymore.

This is what happens when you fail to have any manners when trying to gather information or doing interviews. People start cutting you from the information loop. For example, I told Amazon days before you found out that Skipp had a serious neurological problem and that's why he seldom posts on the internet. Skipp has also seen your comments at the alternate site, the ones you made in response to Galen Cook's claims he was in touch with Porteous and that Porteous wanted nothing to do with me.

Sounds like to me two things have happened. First, you've probably figured out by now that Cook was lying to you (and everyone else there), and that Porteous trusts my judgment completely.

I'm not the most trusting soul in Cooperland, Bruce. People have to show me they are serious, they know when to respect the confidentiality of certain information, and don't take everything they see and hear and simply try to use it to their own benefit...or to somehow make others look bad. You haven't learned that lesson yet, and I'm not the only one who has said that to you.

I don't hate you, man. I don't even dislike you. I just don't trust you. And neither does Skipp Porteous.

"...I'm not the most trusting soul in Cooperland, Bruce...."

I believe you, Bobby, but how come you trust a guy who says his medical condition is too severe to talk to a reporter on the phone, answer questions by email, or post here.

Yet, he is able to ride a bike and lift weights? Drink vodka in his OJ as he types emails to his friends on Facebook?

Make stupid claims like the FBI is remiss in not talking to "all" of the employees at NWO, in an effort to discover some kind of link to a suspect that only surfaced 30-odd years after the skyjacking, and only came to light when the brother got a bug up his ass and then later recanted on a talk radio show?

That guy you trust?

How come?

Oh, right, he's a business partner, whom you've never met.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Anyone else?

BruceSmith

"...I'm not the most trusting soul in Cooperland, Bruce...."

I believe you, Bobby, but how come you trust a guy who says his medical condition is too severe to talk to a reporter on the phone, answer questions by email, or post here.

Yet, he is able to ride a bike and lift weights? Drink vodka in his OJ as he types emails to his friends on Facebook?

Make stupid claims like the FBI is remiss in not talking to "all" of the employees at NWO, in an effort to discover some kind of link to a suspect that only surfaced 30-odd years after the skyjacking, and only came to light when the brother got a bug up his ass and then later recanted on a talk radio show?

That guy you trust?

How come?

Oh, right, he's a business partner, whom you've never met.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Anyone else?

You're not a reporter. You're a guy who digs up dirt on people and posts it to the internet as quick as you can say 'keyboard and mouse'.

I'm not answering any questions on Skipp. We may not have met in person, but sometimes (when he was better) we spent many long hours on the phone. There is a serious element of trust here. For example, I have a file cabinet full of KC stuff, mostly provided by Porteous and not all of it has been made public. And I don't understand what his current medical condition has to do with the Cooper case anyway. Besides, that information is none of your business. The only part of it that would be your business is anything he chooses to tell you about it. And I wouldn't count on that.

You live in Dreamland sometimes. You think you can insult the hell out of people and at the same time expect them to cooperate with you? And that they know you will almost always take the low road with any information provided to you? Sorry, man. Not happening. Maybe you can find out what you need to know on his Facebook page. Worked for me when I was checking out Marla Cooper. Maybe it will for you. :)
PS: Skipp Porteous is not my business partner. He's the co-author on a book we did. Gayla Prociv is the sole head of AB.

You also say THIS:

'Make stupid claims like the FBI is remiss in not talking to "all" of the employees at NWO, in an effort to discover some kind of link to a suspect that only surfaced 30-odd years after the skyjacking, and only came to light when the brother got a bug up his ass and then later recanted on a talk radio show?'

Geoff Gray said basically the same thing, that perhaps the FBI should have checked out employees at NWA. Himmelsbach gave him that spiel about airline employees being 'head and shoulders above the character of ordinary Americans'. Gray didn't like hearing that, either. And I agree with Skipp, although I think any such questioning should have been done at the beginning. Today? It's doubtful anyone who worked with Kenny would have known he was the hijacker. (IF he was the hijacker)

I see you are going on again with that 'Lyle Christiansen recanted on talk radio' thing again. Recanted what? Lyle hasn't the slightest idea whether his brother was Cooper or not. He never did, and he doesn't now. He just suspects he was. It isn't like Kenny told him he was Cooper, you know.

Besides, I don't believe that 'Lyle' shit story for a minute. It goes against everything Lyle has done for years. Even today, he still sends us letters, pictures, whatever documents he thinks might help in the investigation into his brother. That sound to you like a guy who doesn't think his brother was the hijacker?

"There is a serious element of trust here...."

Yup, that's why I'm looking into Skippy. Do you think Skippy is trustworthy? I have strong doubts.

And I don't understand what his current medical condition has to do with the Cooper case anyway. Besides, that information is none of your business. The only part of it that would be your business is anything he chooses to tell you about it. And I wouldn't count on that.

It comes to the issue of trust. Skippy is in the middle of a major credibility crisis in Cooper World and says he's too debilitated to discuss the issues in full. Yet he rides bikes, drinks booze as he posts on Facebook, and lifts weights.

You think you can insult the hell out of people and at the same time expect them to cooperate with you?

Yup, especially when they write books about Jesus, rant on 500 talk radio shows about ultra fundamental Christianity, and write a book on DB Cooper that is the basis of a History Channel episode. Those guys are ALWAYS at the top of my list for putting their tootsies to the edge of the fire.

And that they know you will almost always take the low road with any information provided to you? Sorry, man. Not happening. Maybe you can find out what you need to know on his Facebook page. Worked for me when I was checking out Marla Cooper. Maybe it will for you. :)

How would you characterize your road with Marla? High. Middler. Low. What do you think she would say?

'Make stupid claims like the FBI is remiss in not talking to "all" of the employees at NWO, in an effort to discover some kind of link to a suspect that only surfaced 30-odd years after the skyjacking, and only came to light when the brother got a bug up his ass and then later recanted on a talk radio show?'

Geoff Gray said basically the same thing, that perhaps the FBI should have checked out employees at NWA. Himmelsbach gave him that spiel about airline employees being 'head and shoulders above the character of ordinary Americans'. Gray didn't like hearing that, either. And I agree with Skipp, although I think any such questioning should have been done at the beginning.

Okay, whom would YOU suggest the FBI should have talked to? The crew and operational people weren't sufficient?

Along those lines, what do you think of Tina's recent claim that she flew NWO routes to the Orient for five years after the skyjacking? Skippy chose not to answer that question. Perhaps you would grace us with yours.

I see you are going on again with that 'Lyle Christiansen recanted on talk radio' thing again. Recanted what? Lyle hasn't the slightest idea whether his brother was Cooper or not. He never did, and he doesn't now. He just suspects he was. It isn't like Kenny told him he was Cooper, you know.

Besides, I don't believe that 'Lyle' shit story for a minute. It goes against everything Lyle has done for years. Even today, he still sends us letters, pictures, whatever documents he thinks might help in the investigation into his brother. That sound to you like a guy who doesn't think his brother was the hijacker?

Yup, that's what Lyle's doing these days. He sends me the same type of stuff. But yes, he did recant his story on radio. Clearly, the man speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

By the way, has Lyle asked you and Skippy to use your Hollywood contacts to help make that Cute Young Thing in his hometown a Big Star? Lyle emails me and said she would be the Next Big Thing.

Just askin'.

Update on Lyle Christiansen

Some thoughts on Lyle's behavior, most notably his effort to promote his brother as DB Cooper and get a film made of it, and his recanting of that effort on a talk radio show:

If TRUTH is the first casualty of war, it also wilts quickly in the scorching face of ambition, fame or glory. Some people kill for it, some just lie.

The rest of us just read about it on the DZ.

Or Mountain News-WA!

BruceSmith

Update on Lyle Christiansen

Some thoughts on Lyle's behavior, most notably his effort to promote his brother as DB Cooper and get a film made of it, and his recanting of that effort on a talk radio show:

If TRUTH is the first casualty of war, it also wilts quickly in the scorching face of ambition, fame or glory. Some people kill for it, some just lie.

The rest of us just read about it on the DZ.

Or Mountain News-WA!

Recanted what exactly? Lyle never investigated his brother. Lyle only had suspicions, and forwarded those to Skipp Porteous. It was actually Skipp and I who did the investigation into Kenny Christiansen, not Lyle, and I don't recall either of us 'recanting' that we think Kenny belongs squarely on the suspect list. I'm afraid we're still going with that. :S

I don't know about any local actress in Morris, MN. Maybe Lyle thinks she is a good actress. I wouldn't know. I don't know any Hollywood producers anyway, so I wouldn't be of much help to him.

It's true that Lyle Christiansen thinks his brother's story would make a good film. I have to agree, which is why I developed the script with Tina M. (Not THAT Tina M, another one) We're holding off on writing the last 15 pages, pending the results of the current investigation into Kenny.

I don't care what you write at Mountain News. I canceled my feed months ago. You are nowhere near objective, and certainly not a reporter unless it's being a third-rate stringer for the Weekly World News. You can write what you wish, but you can forget about getting any information or feedback from me about it. And I don't care much if you think that's fair or right.

By the way...his name is S-K-I-P-P, not 'Skippy'. I can see why people often cut you from the info loop the first chance they get. :S

My retired smoke jumper friend brought it's to my attention. Hot off the govt. press.

http://wildfiretoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BoeingPatentApp.pdf

No doubt Duane's CB mastermind is the real inventor. These Boeing guys just ripped him off.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

My retired smoke jumper friend brought it's to my attention. Hot off the govt. press.

http://wildfiretoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BoeingPatentApp.pdf

No doubt Duane's CB mastermind is the real inventor. These Boeing guys just ripped him off.

Smart bombs for wildfires, looks like. Well, with the proliferation of wildfires in the West, this patent is worth its weight in gold. God knows we need some tools to fight them. They get more prolific all the time.

Quote from Arnold Schwartzenegger when he was California's governor, during an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno:

'There is no longer a 'fire season' in California. We have fires all year-round...'

In his famous book The Road, author Cormac McCarthy is always talking about burned out areas, grey skies, and ash everywhere, but never a bit about radiation. No one has really figured out exactly how the world ended up that way from reading his book, although there are guesses galore. But fire sounds the most likely, and all that smoke probably adds to our climate change crisis. Maybe McCarthy was predicting our future. I hope not.

"The Boeing Company has applied for a patent on a parachute-based system for applying a suppressant to fires. The devices would be ejected from an aircraft and descend to the fire at 30 to 200 mph. A guidance system would use a glide control structure to fly along a calculated path from the ejection point to the designated location of the fire. The release altitude would be determined by a GPS or a radar altimeter assisted by a fire detection sensor that would increase the accuracy of the flight.

An optional component would be a lighter than air balloon that would inflate and carry the device away from the fire after the suppressant is released. The location of the equipment would be tracked remotely and when over a suitable site the balloon would be deflated so that the unit could be recovered."

Reminds me of the Balloon Bombs - think how much damage those things could have done - had today's technology have been available!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

skyjack71

"The Boeing Company has applied for a patent on a parachute-based system for applying a suppressant to fires. The devices would be ejected from an aircraft and descend to the fire at 30 to 200 mph. A guidance system would use a glide control structure to fly along a calculated path from the ejection point to the designated location of the fire. The release altitude would be determined by a GPS or a radar altimeter assisted by a fire detection sensor that would increase the accuracy of the flight.

An optional component would be a lighter than air balloon that would inflate and carry the device away from the fire after the suppressant is released. The location of the equipment would be tracked remotely and when over a suitable site the balloon would be deflated so that the unit could be recovered."

Reminds me of the Balloon Bombs - think how much damage those things could have done - had today's technology have been available!

It's a 'smart bomb' (guided) filled with fire suppressant for wildfires. With an option to try and re-use the device by recovering it and refilling it after it is dropped. This idea is brilliant, because right now we're dependent on planes doing a fly-over and trying to hit the fire manually. It's hit-or-miss all the way. This is also VERY dangerous for the pilot.

The best example of how the present system works is the rather cheesy film with Richard Dreyfuss called Always. He plays one of these pilots who gets killed doing this, and then comes back to haunt Holly Hunter. :)
Cheesy, yes. Flying scenes, good. Appearances by Audrey Hepburn, priceless.

Jo wrote

Actually the balloon bombs would have failed their primary mission even with GPS available. The favorable winds from Japan to the West US Coast were in wintertime. The incendiary balloons were designed to set massive forest fires. Wet forests are hard to ignite.

The Japanese balloon attack is covered in great detail here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0877703183/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

BruceSmith

"...By the way...his name is S-K-I-P-P, not 'Skippy'. I can see why people often cut you from the info loop the first chance they get..."

Do you trust Skippy?

Why?

Why is grass green? Why is this my fave song by CCR? Is alien intervention or reverse engineering responsible for all the advances of the 20th Century?

No comment. :)
And Porteous' name isn't 'Skippy'. Before you decide to become a 'reporter' maybe you should get names right, at least. It's Journalism 101.

Sorry, man. You're on the No-Fly List, as they say.