23 23
quade

DB Cooper

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Flyjack: I have seen your comments on another site saying you don't vote and still do major bitching about people you think are all left-wing nutjobs, as well as all being corrupt. Let me clue you in on what actually happened this election:

It seems appropriate that the city of Philadelphia, the home of the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House, the Museum of the American Revolution, and Rocky Balboa's run up the stairs at the Philadelphia Museum of Art should be the place where America finally takes back democracy.

rocky.jpeg.d0dab6672dbbe3407e2ac88f784ef553.jpeg

It's poetic justice. It really IS. 

Faux News doesn't just hand out the Kool Aid my friend, they own all the stock in the company that makes it. B)

Wrong. This is not the place for that.

Edited by FLYJACK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Flyjack: I have seen your comments on another site saying you don't vote and still do major bitching about people you think are all left-wing nutjobs, as well as all being corrupt. Let me clue you in on what actually happened this election:

It seems appropriate that the city of Philadelphia, the home of the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House, the Museum of the American Revolution, and Rocky Balboa's run up the stairs at the Philadelphia Museum of Art should be the place where America finally takes back democracy.

rocky.jpeg.d0dab6672dbbe3407e2ac88f784ef553.jpeg

It's poetic justice. It really IS. 

Faux News doesn't just hand out the Kool Aid my friend, they own all the stock in the company that makes it. B)

Robert, I know people that had Covid too. And they would have still gotten it if Biden was president, or if Obama was still president, or anyone else. To place the blame on Trump is weak and convenient.

What really happened (and this may piss some people off, but I don't care) is that America got overrun by dumbasses and snowflakes. Trump says some stupid things. He's narcissistic as hell. But he accomplished more in 4 years than anyone else in my lifetime has done in 8. Biden struggles to even put together a coherent sentence. No way he finishes his one and only term. I have friends and family that voted for him, and I've told everyone of them they need their damn head examined. May have even lost a friend to two over it, but that's okay, as I have plenty of friends.

Flyjack is right, it doesn't belong here. I just couldn't let your misinformation go unanswered. I won't comment further, so you can have the last word. You always get the last word anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New FBI file #52 is up...

https://vault.fbi.gov/D-B-Cooper%20/d.b.-cooper-part-52-of-52/view

Lots of stuff.. still going through it but some..

 

DNA testing done on the tie and the ticket can only exclude.

Info on condition of money as given to Cooper is being held back

Lots on Kenneth Christiansen in 2004,, (no evidence - FBI) just claim of suspicion by (Lyle?)

Barb Dayton stuff

Edited by FLYJACK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The FBI has just released Part 52, in which pages 208, 209 (attached) have an interesting FBI memo dated 06.23.2005 on what they will and will not release (including in response to FOIA requests). They mention that they released "Archived film footage of an experiiment with the NW727 after the hijacking" to Unsolved Mysteries/History Channel (but they will not release it to FOIA requesters). This footage does not appear in Unsolved Mysteries S01E02 (their first episode on the case). Does anyone know if it appeared in any subsequent episode? And if so, whether it can be downloaded?

D.B. Cooper Part 52-208-209.pdf

Edited by DFS346
additional information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DFS346 said:

The FBI has just released Part 52, in which pages 208, 209 (attached) have an interesting FBI memo dated 06.23.2005 on what they will and will not release (including in response to FOIA requests). They mention that they released "Archived film footage of an experiiment with the NW727 after the hijacking" to Unsolved Mysteries/History Channel (but they will not release it to FOIA requesters). This footage does not appear in Unsolved Mysteries S01E02 (their first episode on the case). Does anyone know if it appeared in any subsequent episode? And if so, whether it can be downloaded?

D.B. Cooper Part 52-208-209.pdf 143.23 kB · 3 downloads

Don't remember any video,, might be stills from the video out there..

Dennis Farina season 2 episode 5

 

Edited by FLYJACK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Fly I know some years back you were looking into the Dan Cooper comics in particular the la affair Minos edition. You were trying to establish if the og 1970 version had the same depiction of jumping from the rear aft stairs as the later books versions. I know you said you ordered the originals to see. I’m curious as to what ever came of that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 7:29 AM, FLYJACK said:

Cigarette butts...  destroyed years earlier in Vegas, and stain on right hand

 

 

No chance of DNA from cigarette butts..

 

cigbutssdestroyed.jpeg.91622900429d4eb419433a06b8d196b3.jpeg

ciggstainrighthand.jpeg.57017ce5a281545d27a1bb7f208c24ef.jpeg

 

It’s possible the staining on coopers hand could of been caused by something else and it was just assumed cigarettes because he was smoking. One of the biggest take aways from all of the cs’s tie analysis is that cooper was around machinery in a metal fabrication environment. Hence why the tie was clip on in case it snagged on any machinery. Could the stains have been caused by something known as VWF/HAVS? Vibration white finger (VWF), also known as hand-arm vibration syndrome (HAVS) or dead finger, is a secondary form of Raynaud's syndrome, an industrial injury triggered by continuous use of vibrating hand-held machinery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nicholas Broughton said:

Hey Fly I know some years back you were looking into the Dan Cooper comics in particular the la affair Minos edition. You were trying to establish if the og 1970 version had the same depiction of jumping from the rear aft stairs as the later books versions. I know you said you ordered the originals to see. I’m curious as to what ever came of that? 

Yes, L'affaire Minos was published in the TINTIN magazine series.. even harder to explain exposure than the the Dan Cooper comic.

I don't think it is relevant to Cooper.

"Objectif Jumbo" takes place in and around Seattle. Weinberg's MO is to travel to a location, take pictures and build a story to be produced later. I believe Weinberg was in the PNW around 1962-63 doing the groundwork for that story. He even visits Boeing. He was also in Florida a few years later for another story.

Weinberg was well connected in military and aviation and got access to locations and equipment..

Did he cross paths somewhere with Cooper??  I don't know.

 

I also found that Dan Cooper was published in Mexico, in Spanish for Latin America.

Herge, the publisher has a connection to the IGY as does Hahneman. 

I don't think Cooper was inspired by the Dan Cooper comics or a single image. He might have been aware of it and used the name but there is no evidence for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Yes. LD was tested, but I think it was a deal of 'couldn't get a DNA sample from the items provided' or something. Marla Cooper sent in a couple of personal items of LD's through a third party, but they couldn't find a sample to test. I believe she was working with a cop from Oklahoma or something. 

Flyjack says:

Robert says: Yes. Agent Fred Gutt told me this on the telephone some years ago. He said the partial sample they managed to obtain from the tie could only eliminate someone, not absolutely confirm them as Cooper, even if they had a suspect's complete DNA profile. He was absolutely sure on this point. 

Robert says:  Interesting. Well, they always hold a few things back, to weed out false confessors. 

Robert says:  Yes. I only became aware a short time ago that Lyle was sending the FBI letters pointing to Kenny about three years before he approached Skipp Porteous. Too bad they didn't bother investigating him. No actual investigation began on Kenny until around 2007-08. I think I contacted Skipp the first time in late 2008, if I recall. My entry into the Vortex, as it were. 

Robert says: I only know the basics on Barb Dayton. 

Did you even read FBI file #52..

Lots of stuff on KC.. in 2004 well after the Lyle letters. Looks like personal interviews and some investigating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Nicholas Broughton said:

It’s possible the staining on coopers hand could of been caused by something else and it was just assumed cigarettes because he was smoking. One of the biggest take aways from all of the cs’s tie analysis is that cooper was around machinery in a metal fabrication environment. Hence why the tie was clip on in case it snagged on any machinery. Could the stains have been caused by something known as VWF/HAVS? Vibration white finger (VWF), also known as hand-arm vibration syndrome (HAVS) or dead finger, is a secondary form of Raynaud's syndrome, an industrial injury triggered by continuous use of vibrating hand-held machinery. 

Georger inaccurately attributed NickyB's speculation to me on Shutter's...

You should correct it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 4:05 PM, FLYJACK said:

Maj Russell Weber was in the 84th in Oct 1971.. (doesn't look like he was one of the F106 318th chase pilots, or any chase pilot.. fractured leg and shoulder in Oct 71)

Confirmed by Interceptor Magazine, February 1972: Maj. Russell Weber broke his shoulder in an ejection in October 1971.

Interceptor_1972_02 p12-16.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a clip of Ulis for the upcoming TV show..

 

He uses the FBI claim possibly brown eyes to suggest that may include blue eyes as Sheridan has blue eyes.

That is a misread of the FBI info..

The FBI files often say "dark eyes" and "probably brown or black" or "possibly brown". Eyes were dark, possibly brown, that doesn't include blue. 

darkeyes.jpeg.8bfa883273a13e5f61fe30020c0d5bc7.jpeg

 

He also says,, he hasn't found evidence that Sheridan smoked.. we know Cooper smoked and this indicates a long term smoker.

ciggstainright.jpeg.2b1083f600b023cc377a542e6a787f0d.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Not sure why, but I'm getting a lot of email messages today about Cooper. Haven't looked at most of them yet, but all of them are from people I never heard of. Could be the History Channel show, but that hasn't even aired yet. That's later tonight. Weird. 

It played at 6 PM PST here,, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

Just FYI, Tom announced that the DNA sample was not from Cooper, it was in fact his own that had contaminated the sample. Unfortunately. 

WOW, what a plot twist..  Tom is not Sheridan's daughters father.

The show was entertaining, I have to give Ulis credit for pulling it off.

The Sheridan is Cooper narrative is nonsense and wasn't fully vetted on either side. More of an entertainment show than factual and investigative but that is the nature of these things.

 

Funny thing, I contacted Tom Kaye back in March and asked him if he could get DNA off the sticky tabs he had from the tie..  turns out he used the vacuumed particles,, 

So, are the sticky tabs still a viable source for DNA??? Is there still hope.

 

 

 

Edited by FLYJACK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andrade1812 said:

Fly, can you tell me which FOIA files have Egg Harbor mentioned in them? I remember one of the early ones had a longer 302 on it...

 

please and thank you

FBI file #35 page 293

"did not resemble"

"eliminated"

 

I have read that some suspects were eliminated then "un" eliminated...

So, eliminated was never definite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

23 23