47 47
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Coopy said:

From the picture above with fancy design on front of boot? and with pants legs coming down over top they would appear as dress shoes to me.

The FBI also referred to them as "oxford" street shoes..

I think the ankle boot I posted above is something close...  

ankle high, looks like a loafer or oxford street shoe, laceless and had a corrugated commando sole..

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

I did an overlay of a Cooper bill to show how much is missing...

Interesting, it might be over 50% gone.

Notice the ends have eroded at a greater rate than top/bottom... is that something that would happen on TBAR in a static state (normal ingress) or would that be caused before,, like tumbling along a river bottom??

coopbiledge.jpg.5383c6b0d67a5edb28ab01d989b9b837.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

1 hour ago, Coopy said:

From the picture above with fancy design on front of boot? and with pants legs coming down over top they would appear as dress shoes to me.

Could be.  I would probably call those ankle boots with a wing tip toe, rather than ankle length shoes.  I was thinking someone more like this 1959 Genesco steel toe work shoe, supposedly made for the US military.  Either way, the point is that Cooper probably wore sturdy footwear, better suited to jumping out of a plane than loose, flimsy loafers.

1959 Genesco military steel toe work shoe.JPG

2 minutes ago, Bookman Old Style said:

Could be.  I would probably call those ankle boots with a wing tip toe, rather than ankle length shoes.  I was thinking someone more like this 1959 Genesco steel toe work shoe, supposedly made for the US military.  Either way, the point is that Cooper probably wore sturdy footwear, better suited to jumping out of a plane than loose, flimsy loafers.

1959 Genesco military steel toe work shoe.JPG

Those have laces, but there many shoes/boots very similar that Cooper cold have worn.

The point is Cooper didn't necessarily have street shoes.

The "Commando" branded soles were an option on many shoe brands. If Cooper was the one who broke into the store.

(edited)
3 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I did an overlay of a Cooper bill to show how much is missing...

Interesting, it might be over 50% gone.

Notice the ends have eroded at a greater rate than top/bottom... is that something that would happen on TBAR in a static state (normal ingress) or would that be caused before,, like tumbling along a river bottom??

coopbiledge.jpg.5383c6b0d67a5edb28ab01d989b9b837.jpg

So, there are three packets sitting in the sand eroding,, why are they missing 50% only from around the edges, not through the fronts and backs of the packets. There is some light damage but they were mostly intact (fronts and backs).

If the packets were deposited/buried INTACT by human/natural means then you'd expect much more deterioration on the fronts and backs of the packets, there was very little.

It seems, most of the edge deterioration must have occurred before the money was buried. 

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

GEORGER DOES NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO COPY THIS POST IN WHOLE OR IN PART. 

I have always been interested in this Cooper letter,,, because the writer claims to have only 14 months to live. Hahneman was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 1971 and claimed he had 6 months to live in May of 1972. 

There is no evidence this letter is legit or from Cooper or Hahneman..

but I have deciphered the code in two ways.. One is a secret, I'll throw out the other.

We have the code, 717171684* = 71717 1 684 *

There is a Cooper bill in the FBI list =  L 71717573 B

Common cipher is a simple shift,,  71717 (1 digit shift) 684 * = a Cooper bill S/N 71717573 (* = letter). Maybe a coincidence.

The second code 7698QA2753 doesn't appear in the FBI file. In fact it was added to the letter after it was typed as the font is completely different.

7698QA2753 was typed on a different typewriter from the rest of the letter.

So, where did 7698QA2753 come from? Was it added by the letter writer after the letter was written or was it added after the FBI got it?

2GFPHWWSHQNBBXXTGK6EYLEYKQ.jpg.820db30c616b430fe8c8158cc4ce37c5.jpg

fbi4609letter.jpeg.32db87fa5136e464b96d1bd5903fe6d7.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Coopy said:

Are you at odds with the folks at the DB Cooper forum run by Shutter?

Not all, just a few liars, frauds and thieves.. half of Georger's posts over there are him stealing my content, most of time out of context wrapped in an insult.

The majority of members there are great, they just rarely post due the toxic environment.

Edited by FLYJACK

Flyjack, that's a fascinating letter.  The 14 months to live, and the partial match (plus cipher) of the Cooper bill are both suggestive.  What doesn't make sense to me though, is the boast about using a toupee and putty makeup. From the one picture I've seen of Hahneman, he naturally had hair fairly similar to the Cooper sketch (dark; high or receding hairline, but not bald).  Putty makeup makes me think of a fake big nose or chin, or a prominent brow line.  No one described Cooper as having any unusual facial features like that.  Also, it seems hard to believe that Tina Mucklow would miss theatrical makeup when she sat right next to him for so long.

Regardless of who wrote the letter, the so called “codes” saying it’s Rackstraw are a bunch of BS. If I had to make a guess the numbers on the lower left next to the newspapers are the only codes on there, and those are for the perp to communicate with the newspaper or government or vice versa. They could publish the letter and cut off the bottom part and then when someone wanted to have follow on communication, they would have a series of numbers to reference so the newspaper or the FBI knew they were talking to the same guy who wrote the letter. If it was Cooper, then I’d bet he’s lying about the toupee and putty. 

I was just looking for potential links, there isn't any confirmation for who really wrote the letter.

This is just exploration...  

Hahneman's hair did match the description of Cooper's except for one element, Hahneman had slight greying on the sides. However, William Mitchell thought Cooper's hair was dyed. Some of Hahneman's pictures don't appear to show the greying.. he was 49 probably dyed his hair.

The months to live thing lines up almost perfectly.. 

Putty makeup and a toupee is likely a lie, Hahneman often lied but it was usually a half truth.

The first number may be a coincidence,, 

But the last number/letter code was NOT written by the same typewriter as the rest of the letter, entirely different font, What is with that??

(edited)
1 hour ago, Coopy said:

I think the FBI would have thoroughly investigated Hahneman as a DB Cooper suspect because of his hijacking activity.  Much like they did with McCoy.

Yes, they did consider Hahneman.

I haven't found any reason or indication that he was actually eliminated..

WE have info on McCoy, Rackstraw, Peterson and others, but nothing for Hahneman. 

I started looking into Hahneman to find out why he was NOT Cooper and found the more info I uncovered the better he matched. He died before the DNA stuff and that is probably the only way to put somebody on the plane.

Hahneman had friends in very very high places..

Edited by FLYJACK

37 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

He died before the DNA stuff and that is probably the only way to put somebody on the plane.

DNA from a Hahneman family member would work.  It seems that L.D. Cooper was eliminated because of a DNA comparison.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Coopy said:

DNA from a Hahneman family member would work.  It seems that L.D. Cooper was eliminated because of a DNA comparison.

Yeah,  I have heard that argument, I also heard that familial won't work but the DNA can only exclude... too weak.  The other problem is they have around 14 partial DNA profiles from the tie... 

I think DNA can work but we need modern tech and a new sample.. outside the FBI. I have an amazing case for Hahneman as Cooper short of the DNA forensics. My sense is the FBI doesn't really want to solve this case. IMO, there was high level intervention in this case. I can't prove it but I have the personal connections and actions that create a strong theory, a quid pro quo.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Some money stuff...

Cooper bill = L73433712B

The 12 = an L bill, the first number is missing and the last is likely a C... so close L?3433712? Termites..

trbillclose.jpeg.43241e3717273493c7819401d106adcf.jpeg

This packet was water damaged, it was dry and hard and solid.

waterdam$.jpeg

waterdam2.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Breaking news,, the term packet doesn't exist in the FBI docs... according to a senior Cooper Sleuth. Maybe it is time to hand in your Cooper sleuth badge, how can you investigate a case if you can't read the FBI documents or sort out the terminology. Forever the fool.

packetscoop.jpeg.261a5bf51a112d73374d914a83388301.jpeg

And Brian even used the term packet.. the term packet, flat or strap are the correct terms for a strapped or rubber banded group of 100 bills, a bundle is a general term for the largest grouping, the money was given to Cooper in packets of 100 bills each, those packets were rubber banded into random sized bundles. People have used the term bundle to refer to each the 3 packets but it isn't accurate. The bundles were the groups of packets rubber banded together.

at 1:57 Brian Ingram  " discovered the three packets of twenty dollar bills"

Edited by FLYJACK

8 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Second, the partial sample held by the FBI cannot positively match someone's full DNA sample to the one they obtained from the tie. According to Seattle FBI agent Fred Gutt, who spoke to me on the phone about this matter, he said it can only eliminate someone from contention.

Well, I guess that is why the FBI basically said only a Body, Money or Parachute will reopen the case.

From what Flyjack says the FBI cannot 100 percent identify the the Parachute Container or Chute canopy within because they do not have a NB6 Container serial number.  The FBI no longer has Cossey to personally identify the parachute.

Even if you find Cooper's skeleton you cannot 100 percent identify him as DB Cooper.

IMO, someone will need to find all three together to close the case.  A skeleton, a parachute and Cooper money to 100 percent close the case.  What a tidy ending. 

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Coopy said:

Well, I guess that is why the FBI basically said only a Body, Money or Parachute will reopen the case.

From what Flyjack says the FBI cannot 100 percent identify the the Parachute Container or Chute canopy within because they do not have a NB6 Container serial number.  The FBI no longer has Cossey to personally identify the parachute.

Even if you find Cooper's skeleton you cannot 100 percent identify him as DB Cooper.

IMO, someone will need to find all three together to close the case.  A skeleton, a parachute and Cooper money to 100 percent close the case.  What a tidy ending. 

yup, even back in the early 70' pre DNA.. how does the FBI prove the case without the money or a chute.. the finger prints are not necessarily Cooper's..

The only chance now is to use new DNA tech and try for a better tie sample.. 

The FBI mandate is to investigate and recommend a prosecution, they believe Cooper is dead,, you can't prosecute a dead person so the FBI mandate has also died. Case closed.

A "legal" solve is the highest standard and virtually unobtainium.. a "public" solve may be all we can do.

Edited by FLYJACK

2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

yup, even back in the early 70' pre DNA.. how does the FBI prove the case without the money or a chute.. the finger prints are not necessarily Cooper's..

The only chance is to use new DNA tech and try for a better tie sample.. 

I agree new DNA techniques could help if someone with LE has access to the evidence and is willing the spend the money.

Flyjack.  I was at first confusing you with the guy from the history channel special who wrote a book that had posted at shutter's website.

Now I think you have used a name that started with a "R" and you were a Peterson fan.  I could be wrong again.

(edited)
40 minutes ago, Coopy said:

I agree new DNA techniques could help if someone with LE has access to the evidence and is willing the spend the money.

Flyjack.  I was at first confusing you with the guy from the history channel special who wrote a book that had posted at shutter's website.

Now I think you have used a name that started with a "R" and you were a Peterson fan.  I could be wrong again.

Nope, I have no book and have been focussed on researching Hahneman.

Eric Ulis is pushing Peterson and Thomas Colbert's suspect is Rackstraw.

both are great at PR and media..

Nobody really knows anything about Hahneman and he has been ignored because he was labelled a copycat.. nobody bothered to investigate him for nearly 50 years. He flew under the radar.

The info I have found puts him at the top of the suspect list by a long shot.. not even close.

Edited by FLYJACK

On 5/16/2020 at 2:34 PM, Bookman Old Style said:

Regarding the shoe(s): in my original post on the other forum, I asked if any witnesses actually called Cooper's shoes "loafers."  Everything I've read so far just says dark, brown or black "shoes," except for Tina Mucklow's 12/1-2 interview in her PA home. She apparently called them "brown ankle length pebble grain shoes, not type shoes (loafers)." 

They weren't loafers and the crew never called them loafers,, the term loafers came from Tina saying "not tie type shoes" loafers was added and the media ran with it.

Tina actual said "ankle length" that is not a loafer.

Everyone knows a packet is a group of 100 bills, and everyone knows an ankle length pebble grain shoe is NOT a loafer.

notloafers.jpeg.35377f8c8d8b43b0a3a8e4e2947d9613.jpeg

10 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Point of Order:

There ARE more people than just Hahneman on that suspect list. Larry Carr is the only one at the FBI who ever publicly dismissed Kenneth Christiansen as a suspect. And he did that back in 2008, based on the single magazine article by Geoff Gray, which was the only information/investigation done on KC at that time. When the article came out in October 2007, that is what he said by the following March. I personally did not begin investigating KC for about a year after that, sometime in 2009.

By 2011, when I first inquired about this statement by Carr, i.e. that KC could not be the hijacker because of 'too experienced' or 'doesn't quite match the description,' this is what I got from Agent Gutt in Seattle:

"Christiansen has not been dismissed as a suspect in the Cooper case. Some (in the Seattle office) think he's a good suspect. Others believe there are better suspects..." That is a quote from one of his emails. Obviously, at least some agents in the Seattle office had changed their tune. 

Here we are today in 2020. And I cannot tell you what they are thinking now. But I can tell you that they received our full report on KC, all 54 pages of it with pictures, names, contact info on the witnesses, etc. It's fairly extensive. And almost exactly a year after they received these things, they suddenly closed the case. Makes me wonder sometimes. Coincidence? Probably. But it does make you wonder why they chose that moment to do that. 

I no longer discuss KC much in online posts. And the main reason is that it is not fair to anyone. Because of the confidentiality agreement concerning the upcoming Cooper movie, I have to withhold much of the evidence we actually have against KC, which now belongs to two movie companies in the LA area. They are paying for that option, at least up until now, with another payment due in August running a good four figures. I have already cashed four of their checks along the way, with the first coming in February 2017.

Covid has put a halt on most production plans for now. But at some point they will either pull the trigger and go to actually shooting this movie, or they will drop the option. It's been 3 1/2 years since I signed the contract, and they were getting ready to do final pre-production....a script had been written...and then Covid came along. But their checks don't bounce, so I am asked to keep the faith for a while longer. Sometimes I just want to toss everything out there at WordPress or Quora and say the hell with it. They ask me to be patient for just a while longer. We will see. 

However, if they decide later to drop the option, I will publish a comprehensive report on what evidence we have and people can argue it about it for years. ^_^

On a side note, I keep wondering why we haven't seen the John Dower picture at HBO yet. It was supposed to be broadcast by now. Not that it matters much. Word is out from the producer (she sent me an email) that almost all the stuff they shot with people in the Northwest was cut. Apparently Dower shot more than 20 hours of material for a movie that ends up being a mere 80 minutes long. 

yes, there are many on the suspect list, they range from the absolutely ridiculous to interesting..

Based in the info I have, Hahneman is on an entirely different level based on facts. No other public suspect is even close. 

4 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Do you have even one outside witness willing to go on the record with anything that possibly links Hahneman to the hijacking? This is important. 

Just saying. 

I mean facts not third party claims.. Cooper claims are a dime a dozen.

Draw up a Cooper suspect checklist,, Hahneman ticks more boxes than anyone by far.

• Like 1