13 13
quade

DB Cooper

I agree........somebody has highjack#1 in their logbook, after all
WTC#1, World Series#1 (same person btw)
are in logbooks
some of the most spectacular moments in this sport that I have witnessed were hold my beer and watch this, or just because I can.....
it was laundered and partied away....and maybe a dz or two needed startup funds....(see roger nelson for example)

I bet some of the 20's were used to get the long rumored OTTLEY number in a logbook or two.

Points if you even know what an ottley number is!!!

skyjack71

***Well, that post was a bit sarcastic, and intended to illustrate a point. It's not my job to try and put people on stage in some weird Cooper Q/A session from an audience who probably wouldn't care anyway. I'm going with Greg's plan and that's pretty much all I have to say on the subject. We've been friends for thirty years and he's always been the smarter one.

Tell you the truth, although I talked about it a lot, I wasn't looking forward to presenting Kenny at the theater again. There are other things in my life besides HIM, and I'd rather have people take a look at something more recent I've done. Kenny's a sideshow. He was the guy or maybe he wasn't. Sometimes I think it's someone else's turn to figure it out. So we do the mailing and leave it at that.

:D:D:S

Sarcastic? Blevins I don't know how to be sarcastic! I am DEAD serious about everything I say! :D:)
You wrote the story! Stand behind YOUR words & have the individuals (your witnesses) stand by their words & what you wrote and have publicized for several yrs now.

I have several questions wrapped up in one question.

Did you guys proof Blevins book for factual content & accountability before it was published?

Are you kidding? Cooperland writes off anyone who actually presents evidence that might lead to a real suspect who can be checked out. You see...that would destroy the main object for most people who investigate the case. They don't REALLY want it solved, they live for the discussion itself.

Think about it for a minute. Where would most of the posters go, I mean people like Georger, Bruce Smith, Jo, Galen Cook, and many others if the Seattle FBI suddenly presented irrefutable evidence that someone else was DB Cooper. By 'someone else' I mean someone who had never been heard of previously, EVER. I think some folks would be glad, and relieved. Most would feel deflated, especially the most vocal posters on the case. I have detailed this phenomenon a bit in my Cooperland article series.

No more attacks, no more pettiness. You'd just have to move on to Jimmy Hoffa or something. Or Amelia, who would probably be a better choice. (I think we can all agree Hoffa is either buried somewhere or ended up as cat food in a Mafia-controlled pet food factory. You don't threaten the Mafia with snitching them off if they don't give you what you want.) That's kind of a joke, of course. :)
As far as the accuracy of the book on Kenny Christiansen, I've always said it is no better than a general guide on his life, and lays out some very basic reasons why we think he could be Cooper. It is far from perfect. One reason is we discovered a lot more about KC after it came out, although some of those things still don't put the smoking gun in Kenny's hand. We've never been able to do that. But neither has anyone else been able to do that with ANY of the known suspects.

Greg and I had a heart-to-heart about this Kenny/Cooper thing last night. And tomorrow he's coming over to my place for a personal visit. The reason I'm up so early this morning is because I had to take Gayla Prociv to SeaTac to catch a flight to Southern California. She's going to visit her mom for a few days. Greg is privy to pretty much everything that has been posted here and at the alternate site, as well as all the crap that goes with Cooperland. He's convinced me that it's time to get out of the Cooper business publicly (online forums) once and for all, and he's laid out some pretty good reasons why this is best.

For example, he points out that until today when we released our new book (non-Cooper) that we hadn't done anything new since we published that teenage girl's novel in March 2013 as part of our Young Writers Project. He says I spend half my time dealing with Cooper Folk, arguing with them, and he believes it's a waste of time. And that it hurts AB. He's right. We've been the best of friends for just over thirty years now and I trust his judgment completely. Says he thinks it's stupid to do KC at the theater instead of doing as the other authors are, which is presenting their newest work.

I know you've already seen his alternate plan, and I'm going to go along with that. In fact, he's offered to pay for the printing of all the images for the media mailings, mainly because he has a lot more money than I do, and I found out it's going to run into substantial money. This isn't something I can do easily with our office printer. Fine. I will take that offer.

On August 9th, as I said, you'll know everything we know and I will leave it at that. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of discussing Kenny Christiansen. I want to move away from that and on to something else. And that's the way it will be.

I will read this thread, but I'm going to try and avoid posting for a while. I won't say I'll never post, but I'm going to cut back severely. Tell you the truth, I don't think this discussion is going anywhere, and over at the alternate site it's just the same people and no one sees it anyway except the people who post there, many of whom were banned from Dropzone for attacking other posters.

I have a book due out and I have less than 90 days to finish it. I'm not answering any more questions regarding KC beyond the report at our website, unless those questions come privately. Anything publicly will simply be ignored. But you know how to reach me. I'm not that hard to find. :)

skyjack71

:D:D:D
Blevins, I am Sorry, but this wishy washy statement had me laughing out loud. Now you have turned all of this into the biggest HA HA HA ever!

Especially "I stand to lose a lot more than I stand to gain."

YOU were whipped before you started - but, you did NOT listen to anyone!

Anyone on for BETs that he retracts this statement in the next few weeks. There is a sucker born everyday - so who is the sucker.....Blevins, Cook, Gray, Gunter, Tosaw, Sailshaw or Weber. I am sure I forgot someone!

We can predict Blevins' every move - it is endless!

REALLY want to impress the public - GET all of your characters on the stage for a question and answer session. Better hurry they aren't getting any younger!

QUESTION! Why have they NOT come forward to support your book? I DO NOT want to hear about your interviews again -We all know it by heart.

What will your witnesses say on a stage being questioned by the audience & the media. I am NOT talking about the locals - I am talking about real journalist and media personel and Others prepared to fire real questions at them....such as the members of this thread.

:)YOU cannot be the moderator. You cannot restrict their answers and they cannot decline to answer a question nor can you decide what questions will be asked.

Those who can ask questions will be required to have read a history question and answer booklet provide several weeks in advance. This booklet will NOT promote or lean toward anyone suspect, but be a factual accounting of the occurences on the plane, the aftermath, the files provided and made public by the FBI, the landing zones (all of them)...in fact that in itself would be a book!

No theories or suspect in the book - JUST the FACTS. These individuals need to over 65 just so they at least have some comprehensions of what life was like in 1971.

They will prepare their questions in advance and work as a group. No one asking the same question.

Your subjects need to support what they told you in PUBLIC!

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

skyjack71

QUESTION! Why have they NOT come forward to support Blevins book?

I DO NOT want to hear about your interviews again - We know it by heart.

What will your witnesses say on a stage being questioned by the audience & the media. I am NOT talking about the locals - I am talking about real journalist and media personel and Others prepared to fire real questions at them....such as the members of this thread.

Your subjects need to support what they told you in PUBLIC!

My question was NOT directed at U, but a question I would personally direct at the witnesses if I was on a panel asking them questions.

It is the QUESTION everyone wants answers to:

The Question is for YOUR WITNESSES to answer - NOT YOU.

Pretend I am on the panel. I stand up and ask them this QUESTION! I am directing the question to your witnesses.

AGAIN - YOU cannot answer for them. U would NOT be on the panel. In fact U could be required to NOT be in the room so the would not feel intimidated. They will take an oath that their answers would be the same they would make in a court of law.

The question needs to be directed at YOUR WITNESSES. You have to agree NOT to prosecute as they will be under oath.

Why have they (referencing your witnesses and source - not you Blevins) NOT come forward to support your book? Quotes of their statements as recorded in your book can be used - so there is NO misinterpertation.

What will they answer? Perhaps they have already been approached regarding the claims you made. When you implicate individuals who have a voice & a right to speak for themselves - tread carefully.

Perhaps you said to them "Just go along with it - my reseach supports what I have written."

You continue to flaunt their words in this thread even after they supposedly told you - "That is NOT what I said". You the supposedly re-assure them your research supports all of your theories.

Well, your research was busted on this thread.

Robert after everything I have told you I might have figured it out how Kenny and Bernie pulled it off here's what I think happend
Bernie picks up Kenny at his apartment and the two drive to the Portland airport with the station wagon and trailer
Bernie drops Kenny off and drives back to the property or paradise point state park
Kenny hijacks the plane and makes sure none of the stewardess get a look at him
Upon landing in Seattle Kenny gets the money and the chutes and the plane takes off
Kenny jumps out of the plane and either calls Bernie or meets up with him
Kenny and Bernie then go somewhere for a couple days before Bernie returns Kenny to his apartment and returns home
So Robert what do you think of that

ParrotheadVol

Close, but here is the way I think it went down:

Bernie picked up Kenny, they went camping.

who knows!? who can know!? All we do know is the day and the
weekend existed, came and went. What these people did or did
not do is totally unproven. He said she said another said this or
that. Not one word from the principal parties involved and one of
those is dead. IF someone said the other was with the other,
maybe he was just covering for the other. There were marital
problems going on with the one - that much is for certain.
Maybe one spent the weekend with a girlfriend in Philadelphia?
And his friend covered for him? Or maybe they were both off
doing their own thing, then one covered for the other later, after
a martial issue came up?

No INDEPENDENT verification of anything, in any event.

But it can be discussed ad nauseum for four years here!
That much is certain and we have proof! :D

ps: Anyone know if there was an intercom speaker in the cockpit
of the airplane _ something you could actually hear if a person
at the rear intercom pushed the button and said something?
Or was it all over earphones, after a light came on in the cockpit
indicating someone on the rear "interphone" was saying
something? The system is referred to as an "interphone". ???

With all of the Cooper experts in residence surely someone
knows something so mundane and basic to the Cooper story?

:D

Georger wrote

With all of the Cooper experts in residence surely someone knows something so mundane and basic to the Cooper story?

No such thing as a Cooper expert. They are all Cooper guessperts, myself included.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Georger wrote

With all of the Cooper experts in residence surely someone knows something so mundane and basic to the Cooper story?

No such thing as a Cooper expert. They are all Cooper guessperts, myself included.

so what's your guess concerning the cockpit side of the interphone?

speaker? no speaker?

I'll have to check my 727 manuals. Best guess is no speaker, just handset. Speakers in a cockpit can be a source of undesirable crosstalk.
When communicating with ATC you don't want a conversation with cabin crew to be picked up by the pilots mic.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I'll have to check my 727 manuals. Best guess is no speaker, just handset. Speakers in a cockpit can be a source of undesirable crosstalk.
When communicating with ATC you don't want a conversation with cabin crew to be picked up by the pilots mic.

Exactly - you've nailed the issue at stake. Will fill in details later.
Thanks. See what you can come up with in your manuals if you
don't mind -

georger

***I'll have to check my 727 manuals. Best guess is no speaker, just handset. Speakers in a cockpit can be a source of undesirable crosstalk.

Exactly - you've nailed the issue at stake. Will fill in details later.
Thanks. See what you can come up with in your manuals if you
don't mind -

:)
Remember it was 1971 not 1991. Portable communication was basically in its infancy.

My first experience on a commercial flight was from Atlanta to N.Y. in 1972 for a buying trip in N.Y. for a childrens and teen boutique I was hired to manage.

My second experience was from Atlanta to Dallas in 1974 - compliments of a Delta Pilot I dated at that time.

These being my first commercial flights I was very aware of my surroundings. I watched everything. I do NOT remember the planes models - I do not remember the type of planes. They were large & I was intrigue by the crew.

On of my co-workers in 1975 had applied and been accepted in to a training program, but she bombed out in the 2 wk elimination. She did NOT make it to second base.

The stewardess used a unit attached to the wall of the plane. There was also an intercom speaker the cockpit used when we were approaching our destination and noted for us to secure our belongings.

The cockpit would also comment when we were experiencing turbulence...and made other comments regarding the locations we flew over.

One does NOT forget their 1st 2 flights in a commercial plane.

The next one was from Va. Bch to Louisville for a class reunion in 1985...Duane did NOT go with me.

The only reason I remember the types of planes in 1979 and 1987 was because Duane told me & he explained the flaps & the speeds & the angle of the flaps. He told me exactly what was going on and pointed out the wheel (I called it a wheel on the read door of the 727's) and commented the design was so that the plane could utilize smaller airports.

It was also an access used to deliver the meals and supplies and cleaning crews. He made a comment about he and a prior wife working for an airline in Ca - for a few wks...(she verified this). The cleaned the planes and delivered the meals. I was under the impression this was in the late 60's and out of San Franciso....the exwife verified this with me in our multiple phone calls.

Because of what Duane said in Denver - I had thought the affilliation was in Denver...probably because he took me toa point and told me the model and make of every plane flying in and out and that you could see on the ground.

This was while we lived in Denver and before we moved to Ft. Collins.

Winding down. I do want to bring up the TIE issue one more time.This is simply a statement on my part...so it will not be forgotten.

The tie -unknown for 4 days, but I never understood why.

Kaye found Ti on it and some aluminun metal. Want to remind U guys of this as I told the story about the man YRs
before this thread & to Mr. H. --- long before Kaye did his research

When we lived in Denver 1977, Duane pointed out a plant - He told me he used to know a guy who worked there & they made rods and metals - used in the manufacture of Golf clubs and other things.

When the subject of the findings on the tie were mentioned - I told this story as I originally told it before the FBI had any idea what was on that tie.

WAY before this thread I told about my past with Weber to anyone who would listen.

All of you know that after you brought the metal on the tie up after Kaye did his research...I pointed out that only 2 locations - one on the East coast and one in Denver made the T in 1971.

The one in Denver is the one Duane pointed out to me in 1977 - he used to know a man who worked there & all I understood was it was rods and other things used to manufacture things like Golf Club.

Then in 1979 - Duane took he to one of the mountain communities (off season) hardly anyone there. He gives me some money & tells me to go shopping & he had to go see a guy in the sports shop. Only a handful of shops & I sat in the car for awhile.

Finally just went into the shop. Duane introduced me to his friend - a name I have now forgotten. Duane wanted me out of there & fast. Today I do not remember how the name thing came up.

I may have said Duane & the man may have known him as John ..at any rate Duane did a quick recovery on that - and sent me back to the car. A few moments later he comes to the car with a set of woods. Persimmon golf woods - custom made just for him.

I am sure I told this story better yrs ago, but NOW my memory is getting dull regarding this. The John thing came up again with a man in Alabama...the one who threatened me after I went public and the FBI didn't even contact.

The trip to the mountains was before our trip to WA in the fall of 1979...where Duane talked about things and showed me things only an intimate connection to the WA area would support.

When you guys did all the postings
on the Tie particles. I researched where this stuff was made and that would also have aluminum shavings.

I found & told you guys about the Denver manufacturer & the fact they sold the rods & the titanim to the manufactures.

In regards to Golf Clubs the Titanium
I believe was only used in the striker plate - but cutting the rod - is were the aluminum would come from.

I just wanted to bring this up ONE more time before I can no longer remember or be able to tell these things again.

For some reason this seems important as Weber would have NO idea that in 2006 someone would be able to detect particles on that tie. I have the woods and I am afraid the kids will not know the importance of them to the case.

Duane going to see this man before we went to CO - seems very important. I just know the area was dead - so it was not during ski season....and before our our trip to WA in the early fall of 1979. I had on summer clothes & I did NOT need a sweater or a coat.

Duane did point out a building there - a condo on the corner & mentioned that was a place they stayed - a condo. I assumed a convention. This is all I remember now about that trip...but in retrospect I now wonder if it was not connected to the yrs 1962 to 1966, when he was running as John and was connected to some OTHER things U guys THINK did NOT exist or just want to IGNORE....Intermountain Communications.

The wife known as Mary, Marie and Maria was the one with him from 1962 to 1972.

This is important - Duane knew someone who worked in that factory & 35 plus yrs you guys connect the metal in that factory to the darn Tie Cooper was wearing.

It is NOT like it was a common everyday metal. The man took off his tie before going to the back and I thought that odd and then he put it back on...I do remember the explanation was that he had to wear a TIE in the front, but removed it for the lathe.

It has all come together:

1962 to 1968 - Duane Weber was John Collins. The places he took me in 1977 & 1978 & 1979. They were ALL part of the 1962 - 1966 yrs. The man who GOT mad in a town below Denver.

NOW - all of that make more sense than it ever did. John C. Collins these guys knew him as John (Dusty) Collins....and he learned what he needed to know thru INTERMOUNTAIN COMMUNICATIONS. Something just snap - all of this stuff about the past it just came together. He talked about LEADVILLE.

Even if they thought they knew who Cooper was - they didn't have a name to go with the person. It is also VERY possible that Intermountain Communications - may have been part of an action within the states....these guys knew the ropes.

A renegade group might have felt they did NOT get paid enough or those that fell would never be known....but, Duane would have been running a real risk to recontact some of these guys - but, they only knew him as JOHN. Even if acted alone - they didn't know who he really was.

This is mind boggling and if you think the FBI will touch it - you have another guess coming..

NO one left to reveal the dirty secrets of the past and that our own government is responsible. Think about it - Duane and his wife go to a convention in WA in 1968 and they could not be identified. Right back where I started from - the conspiracy and when one rethinks all of this as many yrs has a I have and the fact that CARR (Ckret) couldn't find nor reveal the Jefferson file and I couldn't get access to it....

I hope HOLLYWOOD is reading this! I am ready to say and do what has to be done, because right NOW I am MAD! VERY MAD!.

He tried to get the records made public - The man in WA I could never name and NOW it finally clicked - I had gone to this place and time before, but it was never so ragingly evident before. Government Secrets have COST this country WAY too much...and COST way too many lives.

Details attached. Thanks to Airtwardo and his lovely airline captain wife for the data and thanks to Robert Blevins for the photos.

Also included is info on the 727 voice recorder system.

Manual was dated 1981.
What changes might have been made between 1971 and 1981?

The transitors sets puzzled me. I assume this to mean wireless. 1971 - did they have wireless phones on the 727? I would assume that in 10 yrs the system would have been updated.

Wonder if anyone has the 1971 manual regarding the original system without updates.

Jo,

There were no significant changes. Intercom systems on 727 were wired not wireless from date of aircraft mfr to at least 1981 and likely forever.

Transistor doesn't necessarily mean wireless. The wired intercoms in brand new 727s used transistor amplifiers. The alternative to transistors were vacuum tubes. The only vacuum tube gear carried on 727s were HF radios such as the Collins 618T which was a hybrid set using mostly transistors but having vacuum tubes where high power amplification was needed. Even today there are a few 618Ts in second tier cargo plane service. They built em tough in Cedar Rapids Iowa.

http://web.tiscalinet.it/milradio73/radio_618T.html

Jo,

Transistor doesn't necessarily mean wireless. The wired intercoms in brand new 727s used transistor amplifiers.

Thank You, that is what I thought, but wasn't sure....technically what it meant.

Remember I am technology illiterate![:/]

For example - today I tried to find the information about Gray having interviewed the composite artist Roy Rose & an interview a young man did that was supposedly filmed.

I couldn't down load it as it was all U-tube and videos. Nothing about the interviews in writing...that I found.

If anyone has any written information from Cook or the other guy regarding their interviews with Roy Rose the Compositite artist for the FBI....please help.

Doug Pasternac spent almost 2 hour with him - and it was OBVIOUS the FBI never took into consideration how the witnesses described Cooper & the parts he couldn't get all of the witnesses to agree on.

I know what Doug's interview consisted of & wonder about Grays & the new young guy. I DID NOT know Gray or this other man - had actually interviewed and taped Roy Rose...

Yes, I would love to listen to them but, I can't do that unless someone down loads them on a disk and sends them to me.

I do NOT know if I can even do that at the library - but, I would probably have to get someone to do it for me.

DUMB ME! I willl settle just for a transcipt I can read.

Jo wrote

Remember I am technology illiterate!

So why do you persist in thinking Duane used tower mounted radio navigation devices to plan his alleged Norjack exit point?

You have no evidence and no expertise yet you persist. Why?

Jo wrote

Remember I am technology illiterate!

So why do you persist in thinking Duane used tower mounted radio navigation devices to plan his alleged Norjack exit point?

You have no evidence and no expertise yet you persist. Why?

A. Airpark & Communications:

I persist because of the things Duane said.

I had NO idea what he was talking about.
The towers and near the location of one of the towers he stated he put something on it one time.

You do KNOW Duane knew the owner of the Airpark near one of the towers and he knew his wife. Since I cannot do searches to find out if the name of a mate or family member was the name I knew her by...this is speculation.

I was told recently the man's name was Bob Taylor and that sent me on a search I had attempted at another time. I couldn't find her obit records. I met the woman. Maybe I am crossing names. I had researched this at one time before and never got anywhere.

Her husband was deceased when I met her & she had remarried. Duane told me about the Airpark in 1979 and the man and someone shared this again with me. Again I went backward in time - the woman ended up living in FL.

Several yrs ago - I actually spoke with one of her relatives and I can't remember the results...seems like I came up a blank & no connection.

The owner of Airpark was investigated in regards to Cooper back in the day. He was investigated due to a rumor after the crime.

Just about the time I am ready to put this down up comes the devil's beckoning.

Duane talked about the other guy - the guy with the camper & NOW I know he existed & he was a communications expert during the war and was probably the man on duty the night of the sky jacking.

No matter HOW HARD I try to put this down someone sucks on the vortex of my memories and there I go again.

B: JT & Bruce
This was already exploding in my mind, before I was informed what is being said about me on the other site. A copy & paste was done and emailed to me!

If JT actually said the things Bruce claimed then - he will have to prove it.
See the next post. The context of my conversation was NOTHING like what JT has reportedly stated in that other place.

I will be contacting JT tomorrow to find out if the conversation actually transpired. Since JT had been treating me decently in the last couple of yrs...I cannot believe he would stooped to this level.

I was talking to JT about moving on, but the conversation did NOT go in the directions BRUCE so slanderously stated.

Jerry Thomas & I had a very nice civil conversation. I informed him of my heath & that I am trying to move forward to bring all of this to an end.

NOTHING I said was as Bruce has reported in a public site. I told JT up front he could NOT record the conversation. I do not record conversations. I explained I had to move on & the circumstances under which I was moving on. NOT one word of my conversation could have been misconstruted that I had misrepresented this 18 yr venture.

I spoke to him about the things being said about me by Galen Cook & his attacks on me in another place & he just did NOT believe Galen would do something like that! He was going to call him, so I guess he called Bruce instead.

I will take this up with JT & request he make an appearance here on this thread to explain parts of our conversation - positive & not negative & about my moving on. JT knows what I am up against right now - and how I intend to move forward.

If JT actually said the things B S stated then - I will prove to the world I am not a liar. I do ask the other parties NOT to recorded our conversations. Doesn't mean he could NOT record his side of the conversation nor that I could NOT record my side of the conversation...

I discussed my intention to move on. It was going to be a very private thing. Involved my finding a way to get to WA in between health issues if at all possible & leave a little of Duane in all the places he took me & to have someone toss the balance out of plane in WA. I wanted to put Duane where he had HAPPY MEMORIES.

It was going to be a quiet GOOD-BY and I was asking for his assistance & support.

I told JT I had NOT lied about anything, but proving it would be impossible & I didn't have time on my side nor the monies to pursue it. Just wanting to put Duane were he had GOOD memories & in a little in all of the places that seemed important to him.

I told him about the things Galen had been saying & that I had emails (8 inches of them) to prove Galen was fabricating his entire story about me & how Galen developed his story.

I spoke about some weird things I chased, but I had to leave NO STONE unturned.

JT just thought Galen might have been drunk when he stated the things he did - and resorted to the internet bully thing.

Details after I finish crying: I didn't need this - for BS to assassinate me the way he did & claim his posting resulted from a heart to heart conversation with JT.

Jerry KNOWS I am closing chapters of my life & that I swore to him I had told NO LIES. Followed a few theories & messed with some game players just to explore their stories for any fragments of truths.

He knew about all of the game players - a couple who came to the thread & another who contacted me by phone & by emails. I had to report only 1 to the FBI. The man was supposedly investigated & I ceased communications with him.

I did NOT tell this guy's story on the thread nor have I told the stories many others have approached me with over the yrs. All within the old files I no longer can deal with.

We talked about a lot of the ugly events that have occurred...we had a nice neutral conversation...and how hurt I was over the claims Galen made at that "other place".

I do NOT believe JT was saying anything negative - but then I always end up on the bad end of things. We discussed the good things I found & the places I found & the records I found...things the FBI missed - for one reason or another.

I was first put in contact with JT in 1996 not a 1995 & I never asked JT to help to develope a story for a book. He was supposedly the man on the ground & to help me find all those places Duane talked about.

Jerry has never visited me & I have never met him. He did not talk to the nurses on duty...and I was with Duane almost 24/7 for 3 wks. NO one was in the room when Duane made the confession - others heard the ramblings he made off & on but NO one had any idea what he was talking about - just as I didn't know what it was about.

The only true part relayed by BS is the statement "Jerry also said that he has no knowledge - nor participation - in Galen's alleged effort to initiate some kind of legal restraints against Jo Weber"

That one statement in quotes - I do believe JT said that, but NONE of the rest of it.

BS is BS 'ing just to agitate & to degrade Jo Weber.

BS picks on things that have been explained multiple time - Duane stating in Wa. "That's were Cooper walked out of the woods" Jo stating "How would you know" and his reply of "Maybe I was the man on the ground".

The ONLY thing stated about Cooper on that entire trip in 1979 and LONG forgotten.
Then the deathbed confession in 1995 - 16 yrs later. "I'm Dannn Coooper.

Smoking 99 explained this better than I could ever have. I didn't know that D.B. Cooper had used the name of Dan Cooper on the plane. I never studied the case and on casually read the article in 1971. When the money was found in 1980 - Duane gets out of town fast...until he realizes I had not made any connections...I didn't know were he was for 2 months.

Frankly, I did NOT dwell on it. I had a daughter and we had a life - NOW I realize that I was just clueless! I didn't know about his criminal past! Had I have known he has been in prison for 17 yrs - I expect I would have been more than skeptical...I would have turned him in....it just did NOT click in my mind like that - I do NOT go around looking for the bad in the person I love....I look for the GOOD!

For example - I trusted JT with what I was going to do if I was able to make the trip. He also knows that I may NOT be able to make the trip - financially nor physically. It was just a WISH! I wouldn't want someone like Bruce or Galen there - just a very private thing I want to do.

I hate BS & Galen they are two of the most despicable individuals in Cooper World.

You made a quick post & as I answered it - it went POOF!

Thank you for what you said!

NOT one TIME have YOU ever said an unkind word to me - not once!

That one made me laugh - you sensed I need a good laugh, but then you had second thoughts about what you posted & afraid someone would take it negatively.

Well, I didn't take it as a negative & NOT ONE time in all of your postings have you ever dissed me.

With all of that said - Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar and a pretty damn good writer.

Thank You!

;)KC was not Cooper

skyjack71

You made a quick post & as I answered it - it went POOF!

Thank you for what you said!

NOT one TIME have YOU ever said an unkind word to me - not once!

That one made me laugh - you sensed I need a good laugh, but then you had second thoughts about what you posted & afraid someone would take it negatively.

Well, I didn't take it as a negative & NOT ONE time in all of your postings have you ever dissed me.

With all of that said - Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar and a pretty damn good writer.

Thank You!

;)KC was not Cooper

Mainly I don't see the point of constant attacks on other folks in this thread. I got tired of it, which is why I moved from active posting to mostly just reading this thread. And my friend and techie advisor Greg set me straight on some issues regarding AB and DZ, as it were. He was right about everything. I won't say I've NEVER come down hard on someone, but I try not to. The only one I ever got mad at really was Marla Cooper, but she wasn't here long anyway. People blame that on me, but the truth is she was busy elsewhere and didn't like those pointed questions. If not from me, sooner or later they would have come from someone else. You know...like when she said Agent Eng told her they were closing the case soon and that he told her he was sure LD was the hijacker. I never believed that.

Getting work done: Since Friday I finished another 5,000 words on my new book. Not Cooperland. I have shelved that for now. This one is non-Cooper. Before that, it was 1,000 words in the space of two months. That's not writing, it's pecking out a word here or there. I was also getting little real work done with other authors except for Sandy McQ.

Side Note/Non-Cooper: Just over a year ago, Auburn Days committee participant Brian Love was killed by a drunk driver right out in front of the place where we have the meetings. I'm not sure if anyone remembers this when I posted it originally. Everyone on the committee was very upset. Brian was loved by many. The guy who blasted his cab in downtown Auburn at 60MPH pleaded guilty today. Sentencing range: between ten years and thirteen years, one month in prison. It's expected the judge will give him the max because this guy had just been released from a ten year stretch for first degree assault. Hundreds of messages and letters are going in to the King County Victims org. Those are forwarded to the judge. I wrote one. Kept it simple. I said there was absolutely no mitigating circumstances for this Gonzalez guy. Brian Love's girlfriend lost the house because it was Love's cabbie job that paid the mortgage. She lost everything. The whole thing just sucked.

To Georger: Next time you need a question answered about this or that feature on a 727 you might try eBay. Hell, they sell so many little parts there for a 727 it's possible to build your own Cooper Certified Aircraft. (that's a joke, although the part about eBay is not) :)
Other Stuff: I think some people here figured it out already, but here was the deal with the NWA and Auburn Days. Bruce Kitt, the curator/director of Northwest Airlines History dot org, called me on the phone a couple of weeks ago. He had seen the book, wanted to know more about Kenny. So...I sent him the KC report and some additional pictures. Then he said he wanted to fly to Seattle and see the slideshow in August. He wanted to run at least one article on Kenny in their quarterly newsletter. Well...the slideshow has been canceled as you know. I contacted him and gave him the bad news. He had told me previously that it was possible other folks from NWA might fly out as well, since many were curious about the whole thing.

I have offered a compromise. Greg came up with this idea. I told Kitt that we would run the writers' thing all day Saturday and that at 5PM I was expected to run a free movie for the public that ends at 7PM or so. But...that afterward if he and other NWA folk still wanted to attend, we could do a private presentation and an informal discussion on Kenny behind locked doors.

No media will be allowed, and probably no one from the general public unless you apply to me directly. And I'm so pissed off about the constant attacks I wouldn't count on it unless you are a very nice person and can convince me of that. I've come to the point I don't feel I owe anyone anything, even if they believe I do...:)