13 13
quade

DB Cooper

BruceSmith

"...Side Note: I haven't seen Vicki on here lately, but if you see her on the other site, send her my congrats on the nice ring and her upcoming wedding. That's pretty nice, I'll admit. The staff of AB sends their best...."

Robert, we've been pranked. April 1st. Miss Vicki is doing an Earl Cossey Amboy chute imitation

No big deal. If she's getting married, then congrats. If not, then ha-ha, funny joke. I never went back to check for updates at the alternate site. I was only there for the Cook screenshots anyway. I no longer care what they post there, since no one except the users see it anyway. You know...it's just a private forum now and I have no problem with that. Who knows? Maybe they'll come up with something.

If you are reading this, you should know a total of eight speaking slots have been filled for August, and that's against a total period of 10AM-12Noon, and 1:30-5:30. At six pm I show two films, then we close up. Better make up your mind before Todd fills the remainder of the slots. I may not be able to override any decision he makes on additional speakers. I can get people in, but only while there are still spots available. Our next meeting is Monday. This is a decision you need to make on your own, and what is best for Bruce. Don't listen to Cooper Royalty. Listen to yourself. I understand you are friends with Galen Cook, and that's fine, but when MY friends try to pass off BS on me, I will say something to them about it. I will NOT agree with the BS simply because they are my friend. It goes to character. Truth is not a popularity contest. It just IS. :)
Funny Thing: My co-writer on the KC screenplay and I have been working together this week on the script. We've pretty much developed the general storyboard we're going to use. I'm letting HER decide when she wants to go public, and that was after giving her my standard disclaimers about Cooperland and Cooper Royalty. She's prepared for abuse, as they say. ;) I don't really believe in destiny, but I do believe in coincidence. Her first name is Tina, her last initial is 'M'. That's coincidence...kind of like Kenny getting that congratulatory letter from the CEO of NWA dated on the very day the statute of limitations was *supposed* to expire on the hijacking. I always found that one hilarious. I never tire of reading that letter, I swear.

EDIT: For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about regarding the letter, Kenny Christiansen got a letter congratulating him on 25 years of service with the airline. It's dated November 24, 1976. That was the day the statute would have expired, except that a couple of FBI agents found a friendly Federal judge in Portland who agreed to sidestep the statute and issue a permanent 'John Doe' warrant, restricted to the hijacker himself. Not accomplices, etc. Tina and I are going to incorporate this scene into the script, i.e. where Kenny is looking forward to the day he will be free and clear, gets the letter...and then finds out on the news that the FBI has squashed the hope that he will be past the statute and no longer has to worry. Kenny did NOT attend the banquet in Minneapolis that year, which I found strange anyway because his family lives in Minnesota and he could have taken a free flight back east to the banquet. Pretty much all the other 25-year employees showed up for the soiree. :)

MarkBennett

*** Pretty much all the other 25-year employees showed up for the soiree. :)

And you know this how?

I see trees of green,
red roses too.
I see them bloom,
for me and you.
And I think to myself,
what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue,
And clouds of white.
The bright blessed day,
The dark sacred night.
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow,
So pretty in the sky.
Are also on the faces,
Of people going by,
I see friends shaking hands.
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying,
"I love you".

I hear babies cry,
I watch them grow,
They'll learn much more,
Than I'll ever know.
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

Yes, I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

It's the Amerikan Way.

RobertMBlevins

"...Side Note: I haven't seen Vicki on here lately, but if you see her on the other site, send her my congrats on the nice ring and her upcoming wedding. That's pretty nice, I'll admit. The staff of AB sends their best...."

Robert, we've been pranked. April 1st. Miss Vicki is doing an Earl Cossey Amboy chute imitation

No big deal. If she's getting married, then congrats. If not, then ha-ha, funny joke.]

It was funny. :D I couldn't tell him the real reason for my trips...could I?

Bruce kept hinting around about my recent trips to Seattle since we all met at the symposium. He wanted a Cooper Gossip Section on the forum and asked about me again....so I pranked him! I even kept it Cooper focused...the picture of the ring was one I found on Google images. It is the ring that Hugh Hefner gave his fiance a few years ago. We all know that Hugh Hefner was the founder and chief creative officer of Playboy Enterprises
and the Cooper letters were cut and paste from Playboy. In addition, Hefner owned a 727 in the late 60's which was named "The Big Bunny".

;)
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

georger

I see trees of green,
red roses too.
I see them bloom,
for me and you.
And I think to myself,
what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue,
And clouds of white.
The bright blessed day,
The dark sacred night.
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

So pretty in the sky.
Are also on the faces,
Of people going by,
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying,
"I love you".

I hear babies cry,
I watch them grow,
They'll learn much more,
Than I'll ever know.
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

Yes, I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

DARN U Georger! U would have to pick on a song Duane sang so very well! I was already crying and now I am bawling.

But, it did make me smile remembering Duane singing that song. He sang it better than Sinatra or anyone else who ever recorded it. His voice was powerful and he did NOT even need a microphone.

Remembering his singing - is one of the GOOD memories I have.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

"Robert, we've been pranked. April 1st. Miss Vicki is doing an Earl Cossey Amboy chute imitation."

"No big deal. If she's getting married, then congrats. If not, then ha-ha, funny joke."

"It was funny. :D I couldn't tell him the real reason for my trips...could I?

"Bruce kept hinting around about my recent trips to Seattle since we all met at the symposium. He wanted a Cooper Gossip Section on the forum and asked about me again....so I pranked him! I even kept it Cooper focused...the picture of the ring was one I found on Google images. It is the ring that Hugh Hefner gave his fiance a few years ago. We all know that Hugh Hefner was the founder and chief creative officer of Playboy Enterprises
and the Cooper letters were cut and paste from Playboy. In addition, Hefner owned a 727 in the late 60's which was named "The Big Bunny". "

Clearly, I'm not "reading" Playboy enough.

Hmmmm....what will be my revenge? Stay tuned....

skyjack71

I see trees of green,
red roses too.
I see them bloom,
for me and you.
And I think to myself,
what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue,
And clouds of white.
The bright blessed day,
The dark sacred night.
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

So pretty in the sky.
Are also on the faces,
Of people going by,
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying,
"I love you".

I hear babies cry,
I watch them grow,
They'll learn much more,
Than I'll ever know.
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

Yes, I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

DARN U Georger! U would have to pick on a song Duane sang so very well! I was already crying and now I am bawling.

But, it did make me smile remembering Duane singing that song. He sang it better than Sinatra or anyone else who ever recorded it. His voice was powerful and he did NOT even need a microphone.

Remembering his singing - is one of the GOOD memories I have.

Mrs. Cooper has begun posting at the Mountain News, "Cooper" section. Come one, come all!

I guess she needs her "voice" more than she needs her self-righteous indignation. And I suppose I need readers more than love!

Ahhhh... we all have our weaknesses.

Farflung

I was trying to find a source where Cooper would have experience with aft stairs, needs $200,000 and fit the description.

Instead of looking at Black Ops and secret flights I turned my attention to Black Aircraft and well published flights. You got it, the private sector had exactly one jet in operation for business (yeah… riiiiiight) use and that was none other than the Playboy DC-9.

That black plane quickly became a white elephant that ate money faster than Playboy customers could read the insightful articles festooned with tasteful imagery. By 1970 they subcontracted a flight crew which is code for – holy cow this thing costs a fortune while parked on the tarmac. Strange as it may sound, the market for year old, highly modified (read trampolines, Jacuzzi and oyster bar), commercial airliners is not that vast. Yet there appears to be an inordinate demand.

By 1971 Playboy was losing money and a good chunk was on the Big Bunny. Just like every CEO today Cooper had to devise a ‘bailout’ or his company would go down the tubes. He matches the description, had military training, dressed the same until the hijacking then never wore a tie again. This is confirmed. Drinks bourbon, smokes and most importantly clearly knew how to operate the aft stairs. He even selected the next month’s Playmate to look exactly like Tina. Homage perhaps? This may be a little speculation so I’ll leave that part up to individual analysis.

Clearly he began that Golden Ticket campaign as a reminder that he got away with it.

Now Hefner is being chided for bad sex by his former fiancé. That’s why he should stick with virgins; they don’t know what bad sex is. Either way, I just hope that Hugh can find the right girl to grow old with; irrespective of his past crime.

Farflung's take (and poster) regarding Hugh Hefner.

EVickiW

***I was trying to find a source where Cooper would have experience with aft stairs, needs $200,000 and fit the description.

Instead of looking at Black Ops and secret flights I turned my attention to Black Aircraft and well published flights. You got it, the private sector had exactly one jet in operation for business (yeah… riiiiiight) use and that was none other than the Playboy DC-9.

That black plane quickly became a white elephant that ate money faster than Playboy customers could read the insightful articles festooned with tasteful imagery. By 1970 they subcontracted a flight crew which is code for – holy cow this thing costs a fortune while parked on the tarmac. Strange as it may sound, the market for year old, highly modified (read trampolines, Jacuzzi and oyster bar), commercial airliners is not that vast. Yet there appears to be an inordinate demand.

By 1971 Playboy was losing money and a good chunk was on the Big Bunny. Just like every CEO today Cooper had to devise a ‘bailout’ or his company would go down the tubes. He matches the description, had military training, dressed the same until the hijacking then never wore a tie again. This is confirmed. Drinks bourbon, smokes and most importantly clearly knew how to operate the aft stairs. He even selected the next month’s Playmate to look exactly like Tina. Homage perhaps? This may be a little speculation so I’ll leave that part up to individual analysis.

Clearly he began that Golden Ticket campaign as a reminder that he got away with it.

Now Hefner is being chided for bad sex by his former fiancé. That’s why he should stick with virgins; they don’t know what bad sex is. Either way, I just hope that Hugh can find the right girl to grow old with; irrespective of his past crime.

lol :D:D, I do miss FF.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

smokin99

******I was trying to find a source where Cooper would have experience with aft stairs, needs $200,000 and fit the description.

lol :D:D, I do miss FF.

Me too! I was reminiscing! [:/]

Vicki wrote

In addition, Hefner owned a 727 in the late 60's which was named "The Big Bunny".

I was going to correct the info above (it was a DC 9 not a 727) but
Farf's quoted post got it right.

Does anyone know if Farf is OK? I worry.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

If you posted my remark I hope U clean up my grammar and other words. The guy asked a question and I didn't like YOUR bias self promoting answer. Per what you sent me long ago about what you said about me in your BOOK - Weber was glossed over.

So I took the opportunity to have my say.
NOT much time left to finish my mission and since I had NO other VOICE I was going to use your Mountain News...how much did you change it if you even posted it?

Maybe you have a reader out there in WA who might be interested in seeing the Jeffernson frontal versus a sepia of the Composite ( the good one ) and another picture of WEBER of MY choosing. ALL three side by side....someone might show it to their Grandmother or grandfather and maybe someone will remember that man.

The general public has never seen that picture with the one composite that is reliable and another picture of Weber before the crime....PUT them together and they are STRIKING. I DO NOT mean the BING composite..that one is very far off and the artist will tell you it was NOT the one the witnesses chose.

My computer is being picked up tomorrow so I won't have a way of doing them & it will take some work - to do the 3 in one row - I believe MIGHT get someones attention!

IF you posted the pics in the format that I would provide - maybe just maybe you could help solve the damn thing - but not with opinionated remarks.

'My computer is being picked up tomorrow...'

Does this mean you are getting a new one? I've actually considered the idea of shipping one of our old office computers to you. We have maybe six in the closet, all still working fine. But we can't use them. They're running anything from 500MB RAM to a gig and a half, which might work for you but is useless to us.

BruceSmith

"...IF you posted the pics in the format that I would provide - maybe just maybe you could help solve the damn thing - but not with opinionated remarks..."

Me opinionated? Surely you jest.

I have no opinion on this, but Bruce...you have until tomorrow afternoon (Monday) to decide if you want to speak at the theater. I'm told the speaking slots have been tentatively filled now, although I can still get you in at the Monday meeting, but that's it. Since it's been a few days since my email and my public offer on that...and you have no response...I am beginning to doubt your commitment anyway. Last chance, or sit in the audience if you wish. That's always available anyway. No recorders or cameras are allowed unless authorized, though.

Non-Cooper: I took off the last three days to work on the KC script, as well as the autobiography of the burlesque star. Can't excerpt the script until August, but here's a bit from the Queen of Hearts (her nickname) from the chapter titled Wardrobe, Photos, Music, and More. You gotta love this girl. B|

'People always asked me about my wardrobe and wondered if someone furnished it for me. I made it myself. At first, I paid people to make it for me, but I was so disappointed that I decided I could do better. My grandmother taught me to sew when I was a little girl. I made a gown pattern and went to a store that sold theatrical supplies and bought the fabric and beads I needed to make my outfit. The fabric was expensive and I was nervous and I cut into it but it turned out real nice. I made a silver gown the first time with beaded under things to match. I sewed on the gown at the motel where I was staying, and took the under things to work with me to bead them between shows in the dressing room. Beading was tricky, but I soon became very good at it. It took a lot of time to bead an outfit, but when I finished it looked great.

I got ideas from old movies, TV, Las Vegas shows, magazines, everywhere. I would think about them as I drove from one job to another and designed them in my head, just how each piece would look, what it would be made of, and so on. I wanted my wardrobe to be special and I wanted a lot of it.

I would wear an outfit for awhile, get tired of it, and I would sell it. I always lined my things well, and finished the seams so they were strong and looked good when I took them off. You couldn’t send them to the cleaners with all the sequins and beads, they would destroy them, so I would sell them to another girl after awhile and just make enough money to buy materials for another outfit.

Only once did I agree to sew a gown and under things for a girl, and when she showed up a week later, she had gained ten pounds and it wouldn’t zip up. I re-did the entire thing for her and never made full outfits for other girls again, though I did make a few show G-strings to sell to some of the girls I worked with. Some girls just couldn’t or wouldn’t sew. I don’t know how they managed. I had gowns galore as well as pants outfits. I made capes and negligees with yards of fabric. I liked outfits that were easy to work with.

I also made pasties, often out of rhinestones or beads, but sequins were lighter. I made small ones, and we glued them on with adhesive tape, but if I was twirling tassels, I used spirit gum. I hated to use that stuff, I could never get it all off, and after awhile the skin was beginning to peel off my nipples, but when I twirled tassels, I had to use it or the tassels would go flying across the room, and usually I didn’t get them back, people kept them as souvenirs. I always made my own tassels. The tassels were long and when I twirled them in the black light they glowed. After awhile, when I went topless, I just put a dab of Vaseline on my nipples and a little glitter, that way it appeared I had something covering them and the lights were low by that time, so people weren’t sure what they were looking at. I always felt pasties were ridiculous anyway...'

Hmm. Sometimes the editing job isn't really a job, but an adventure. B|

"... I have no opinion on this, but Bruce...you have until tomorrow afternoon (Monday) to decide if you want to speak at the theater. I'm told the speaking slots have been tentatively filled now, although I can still get you in at the Monday meeting, but that's it. Since it's been a few days since my email and my public offer on that...and you have no response...I am beginning to doubt your commitment anyway. Last chance, or sit in the audience if you wish. That's always available anyway. No recorders or cameras are allowed unless authorized, though..."

I'll pass, Robert.

BruceSmith

"... I have no opinion on this, but Bruce...you have until tomorrow afternoon (Monday) to decide if you want to speak at the theater. I'm told the speaking slots have been tentatively filled now, although I can still get you in at the Monday meeting, but that's it. Since it's been a few days since my email and my public offer on that...and you have no response...I am beginning to doubt your commitment anyway. Last chance, or sit in the audience if you wish. That's always available anyway. No recorders or cameras are allowed unless authorized, though..."

I'll pass, Robert.

No problem. Thanks for responding. :)
ParrotheadVol quotes:

RobertMBlevins wrote:
Non-Cooper: I took off the last three days to work on the KC script...

ParrotheadVol: True dat.

Robert says: Between seven hours just today on the script and another three on Sandy's my-life-in-burlesque, I am frickin' TIRED with a capital frickin' T.

I'm off to play World of Tanks for a while. ;)

I can read the other thread, but I do not understand where the conversation is coming from on the Flight Path.

Evidently someone (Homid) has overlayed a correct map with the co-ordinates. Can som one - Robt99 or Homid send me that map by regular email. Evidently it is different than what Sluggo had on his site.

I need to be able to see what they have the site over laid with and to be able to have the roads below it the different parts.
I want to see if any of this puts the FIGHT with the wind drift in the places Weber took me to and talked about.

If someone will help me with this I would appreciate it. It may have to be done in segments to show me all of it.

Please help me with this...I have detailed maps of the area and I want to be able to on my map to over lay the flight path. I also want to know the directions of the winds at specific points the flight was at.

In other words I need for the roads with names to show under the flight path marks and then the direction of the wind at various point.

You can send these to my regular email in segments I can print and then past together. I will appreciated this very much.
Homes4ubyjo@aol.com.

Also who is this VERN. Remember I have been searching for a Vern - but maybe I only used the last name.

A guy contacted me - who scared me about a VERN, but he was on a fishing expedition to find out the last name of my Vern which I did NOT give because I didn't know if the son & the father had the same last name...

I just thought it odd up and pops a Vern in Galen Cooks and Georger's story.

There is a sucker born everday and some of them are so hungry for a story they will bite on anything.

The man contacting me used many names and finally I got rid of him. Then he showed up in the thread using two other identities, but kept changing his story.

I will be more than willing to provide copies of ALL of the crap the man sent me...and I played along with him to see how far he would go. He first contacted me in the early part of 2013 and then when Gossett got killed he went under for a while and then started up again. Then later in 2013 he showed up in this thread with 2 other indenties...both on a fishing expedition.

Now he is on the other site fishing if it is the same man. Might have been GC all of the time - I had a suspicion about that but did NOT voice it.

After 3 evenings without a computer - I really do not feel I have to update others about what is going on.

I am going to say - Duane Weber was telling the actual Truth when he said "I'm Dan Cooper!".

In recent conversations with an old friend & my daughter the consensus is I have thrown way the last 17 yrs chasing this....A time I should have been finding new adventures & exploring & enjoying my life.

In 2007 when my last husband died - I should have moved on, but there was this necessity to clear my name & prove I was not lieing about any of what I have told.

It is now April 8th 2014. I wish Duane Weber had never told me "I'm Dan Cooper" and I wish I had never learned D.B.Cooper actually called himself Dan Cooper.

It is bitter sweet & a double edge sword situation. All I have told is the truth so HELP me GOD!

These last 8 yrs I should have been enjoying my life & living it to the fullest. Now I am in the very last phase of my life & with my health compromised to the point what is left of my life will not be much fun...therefore I have made some serious DECISIONS!

I sacrificed the quality of my life to seek the truth. It is evident the system is so broken it cannot be fixed.

Hopefully the USA government will finally reveal WHY they along with N.West Airlines felt the need to conceal the truth all of these yrs. The Government knew who Cooper was, but found it necessary to continue their charade.

The FBI just didn't have a clue...the truth was put infront of them, but they did NOT GET it! Some of them GET it now!

Cooper was not just the SKYJACKER who GOT away! It was a STATEMENT that flies in the face of the government.
There was more than ONE man involved!
More than ONE man pulled this escapade off!

They did IT in the FACE of the government - knowing full well that Cooper could never be prosecuted without revealing the Governments dirty hands.

How many of them were actually involved? One thing is for certain - THE Government was NOT going to touch them....if any of these guys had been revealed - our government could never SAVE face!

As long as one of them was alive they could NOT tell "What Really Happened!" That is the story that Gunther should have told in 1985.

Duane was the last man down! Or was he? Odd that certain ex-cons had such good jobs in their later yrs. They weren't rich, but they didn't lack for anything. One had died before 1979 and another died around 2004 after Duane died in 1995. He like Duane tried to tell his story, but didn't want to hurt his family in doing so!

The public will be the judge and jury....America's Foundation is on trial! The truth is so bizzard NO one WILL ever believe it! Is this what Uncle Sam is banking on?

With what is going on right now in DC - and world affairs - the last thing the Government needs is more of their DIRTY past thrown out there for the rest of the world to see and read about.

Going public is the ONLY way the truth will ever be told! Not sure I have the time, but the story NEEDS to be told and it will be TOLD!

The problem is....

Even though you believe in your heart of hearts that Duane was the hijacker, you still haven't presented one solid lead that can be realistically followed in real time with a real person.

You know much about what Duane was doing long before, and long AFTER the hijacking...but you cannot account for what he was doing the year of the hijacking.

You haven't provided a single witness who can be interviewed to support anything you say.

The FBI investigated Duane and found zip. And even though you dispute their methods and results, you have to admit they made an effort. If he was Cooper, with his record...they would have discovered the truth. If you say their conclusions are wrong, then there are only two possibilities. They screwed up or it's a conspiracy. I don't believe it was a conspiracy. I think the FBI would like to solve the case. If you are right about Duane, I favor the 'screwed up' theory. And I'm still not buying the Amboy chute story, excuse me. It's full of holes from start to finish. That's an opinion. :)
The reason the media hasn't been contacting you is because they want second sources. And you haven't, or aren't willing, to provide them.

NEWS: We have an interested entity in the KC screenplay. I just got the message this evening. We are moving forward with this. I referred them to my AAR rep and said it wouldn't be ready until August, anyway.

RobertMBlevins

The problem is....

Even though you believe in your heart of hearts that Duane was the hijacker, you still haven't presented one solid lead that can be realistically followed in real time with a real person.

You know much about what Duane was doing long before, and long AFTER the hijacking...but you cannot account for what he was doing the year of the hijacking.

You haven't provided a single witness who can be interviewed to support anything you say.

The FBI investigated Duane and found zip. And even though you dispute their methods and results, you have to admit they made an effort. If he was Cooper, with his record...they would have discovered the truth. If you say their conclusions are wrong, then there are only two possibilities. They screwed up or it's a conspiracy. I don't believe it was a conspiracy. I think the FBI would like to solve the case. If you are right about Duane, I favor the 'screwed up' theory. And I'm still not buying the Amboy chute story, excuse me. It's full of holes from start to finish. That's an opinion. :)
The reason the media hasn't been contacting you is because they want second sources. And you haven't, or aren't willing, to provide them.

NEWS: We have an interested entity in the KC screenplay. I just got the message this evening. We are moving forward with this. I referred them to my AAR rep and said it wouldn't be ready until August, anyway.

I should probably not beat this dead horse again, but Robert everything you say applies to you also. None of your witnesses has ever claimed to have any direct knowledge of the hijacking. The Decoded episode (in the book as well as the episode itself) refer to Geestman as YOUR theory and both say they believe Geestman -- and say it definitively. Much of your claims of KC's financial riches have fallen apart or can not be documented.

Believe Jo or not, but she does have a witness who claims to have knowledge of the hijacking (Duane himself). That's one more than you have.