47 47
quade

DB Cooper

New DBC book coming very soon. Jo will take note of the surname for sure.

My Father was D.B. Cooper Paperback– November 29, 2013

by Bradley S. Collins(Author)

Introducing the Collins Boys Meet Jack and Bud Collins, two brothers who pulled off one of history's most baffling crimes...The D.B. Cooper unsolved skyjacking of November 24th, 1971. The Jumper "Jack" was exactly who the authorities thought he was: Businessman - Father - Stunt Skydiver and Pilot. His brother Bud was a senior captain for Northwest Orient Airlines: Find out why they did it...How they did it...And what became of all the loot from the only unsolved skyjacking in world history.

But I only have one brother and his name is David....;)
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

EVickiW

***New DBC book coming very soon. Jo will take note of the surname for sure.

Introducing the Collins Boys Meet Jack and Bud Collins, two brothers who pulled off one of history's most baffling crimes...The D.B. Cooper unsolved skyjacking of November 24th, 1971. The Jumper "Jack" was exactly who the authorities thought he was: Businessman - Father - Stunt Skydiver and Pilot. His brother Bud was a senior captain for Northwest Orient Airlines: Find out why they did it...How they did it...And what became of all the loot from the only unsolved skyjacking in world history.

Vicki,

We will let Dr. Phil sort it out on daytime TV. I'll bet you could punch Collins's lights out. You up for it? ;)

Be careful on that new motorcycle. I've known more jumpers who died on bikes than in skydiving accidents.

What's with these 60 page (and less) books? They are more like short stories.

Happy Thanksgiving.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Why would you deny statements that can be proved. Go to The Dalles and contact Severinsen by email if he is still alive.

Severinsen's verified of the KODL broadcast is history.

I never claimed that Duane played with Doc or taught anyone anything. Duane did play the trumpet and he was in The Dalles when Doc made his first live radio broadcast from there.

Duane did know Severinsen as a boy - even his sister told me about this. The family had friends who lived in Pomeroy and Puyallup.

Duane sang in many places and he would sing for his drinks at The Trails and other places. I have heard him sing many time with mike in hand and sometime without as he had a very strong vocal projection. He liked to use his hands when he sang.

The sister did verify the information above. She verified that friends of the family lived in Puyallup and Pomeroy....and instrumental in helping the family out during the times experienced with the antics of Weber.

Duane prided himself with his ability to sing - it was part of him.
During the 4 yrs due to damage to his vocal cords during a medical procedure that left his voice raspy he became very depressed. The one thing he excelled in had been taken away from him. He was never the same man after that. He thought the damage was only temporary, but it lasted the rest of his life.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

On the Doc Severinson thing:

My general policy regarding Jo and things she says goes like this:

If Duane TOLD her something, that could be questionable.

If Jo testifies to something regarding Duane that she actually witnessed, that is quite possible. I don't see anything weird about saying Doc was playing somewhere and Duane met him, or sang a song, etc. That is entirely possible.
[:/]

Thank You that was VERY kind of you, because it is also very true. Perhaps I should get the Best Man or his Wife to write a testimony to the singing ability of Weber. They were with us that night in Colorado when Duane surprised me with his stage presence and his singing. His best friend can also attest to this. I never forgot that night and I never will.[:/]:(:|

Nor will I forget all of the other places he sang. One high scale place in Atlanta the piano player who knew Duane ASKED him to get up and sing.
Duane was relative modest about his ability...but he knew most of the piano players by name...just as he knew a couple of the guys in the band on our wedding night.

He had a beautiful voice and he never fumbled on any song he sang. I never heard him play the trumpet, but did NOT doubt him. One night at a piano bar - he was asked by an aquaintence if he still played. I am going to scan a book Duane treasured of the words for these old songs. I could never find out where the book came from or the name of the piano player. Perhaps one of you more astute researchers can find out where this woman played. This was among the items that came into our home after 1990 when Duane made a visit to Omaha, Nebraska - a trip he kept secret from me.

******New DBC book coming very soon. Jo will take note of the surname for sure.

Vicki,

We will let Dr. Phil sort it out on daytime TV. I'll bet you could punch Collins's lights out. You up for it? ;)

Be careful on that new motorcycle. I've known more jumpers who died on bikes than in skydiving accidents.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving, Mark.

I promise to be careful and watch other drivers, don't ride crazy and tailgate others (this will be difficult), only ride during the daylight hours, watch for deer and road debris.

And.... would I really punch anyone out? ;)
OK...I promise to be good while in Tacoma and Ariel. Geez...
and if not, will you by my defense attorney?

skyjack71

Well, you know I explored this because Duane told me he knew Severinsen and was there when he made his first radio broadcast on KODL in The Dalles. I found out in 2010 this was TRUE.

It was after this that Severinsen hit the big time. I don't remember the date of the KODL radio show (it is in my files), but Duane had told me that Doc was born in Arlington and that he also had Pomeroy contacts. Somewhere I have all of this, but I was never able to make contact with Severinsen to verify it.

Severinsen's broadcast was when Duane was at THE TAVERN in OR.
Duane had told me there was a tape made of him singing. I have never been able to find out where that recording was made...but, the news articles and the writing done on behalf of Severinsen verified the KODL broadcast.

Two brothers in the DALLES were adamant that Duane was the dishwasher at The Tavern....again 2 guys I personally interviewed in 2010 at a senior center. THEY had NO idea I was looking for Cooper. THE album I had was pictures of Duane during that time - that I was trying to retract the past of Duane who may have been using another name.

THe one brother called the other brother over to the table and asked him for where he remember this young man. His response was the same a his brothers...yet neither knew I was on a Cooper mission.

Without their having any knowledge my name was Jo Weber or what my mission was they told me their story and about a woman he was with - She was not deceased, but I only knew she lived in Hood. They did make some unfavorable remarks in regard to the woman.

My time was limited and I felt I had verified Duane was in THE DALLES at the time of the broadcast. He had NOT lied about that. THe museum was closed because of the elections - so I never got to see the pictures.

Now I find another man DUANE mentioned had relatives and did live in Pomeroy....that is a plus.
I had NO idea the other man - whose history I had been chasing was also a resident of Pomeroy but do not know the time frame.

Arlington, Pomeroy and The Dalles.
What was the chance of that being a coincidence. Duane had mentioned BOTH Severinsen and the other man. With the other man he had told me things that also connect with Duane.

The other man was several yrs older than Duane or Severinsen. He was closer to the age of Duane's brother, but not as old as John C. Weber....that was Duane's brother.

John and the other man both worked for Boeing. Then I tracked the other man and due to the information I found he was also connected to an Area near Tacoma and may have been the man John had bought a business venture with.

The wife of the other man had a link to a member of Duane's family and I don't mean Duane's brother. He was married to a woman who bore the same name and had the same background as a woman I was told about thru Duane and his sister and his brother.

THe sheriff was related to the other man. THis sheriff helped to form a group connected to the CCC's in 1945. This other man is in no way connected to the skyjacking, but he probably met Duane as a young man while Duane and other were in WA in the late 40's.

Duane had mentioned the flight along the coast line and into Alaska and one time while we were viewing a documentary on TV.
Duane told me a story. This regarded some experiement with the tether - regarding a Hook.

Before I had this information in my head but, I have lost a lot over the yrs. I even mentioned this in the thread - but was dissed. Duane told me he was the young man who made the mistake and that it almost cost him his life. Something about a knot he didn't do right. He had never been so cold in all of his life.

Well, this man did conduct this experiment and I only recently found out this experiment connected to the very man - who was connected indirectely to the family of Duane Weber and Duane was in WA at that time.

The man would not have recognized Duane's voice many yrs later on a phone and/or connected him to the skyjacking. The man's wife would be the media thur which Duane would have met her husband or thru the Sheriff.

Perhaps I have connected dots that do not connect, but I know the connection is within what I have vaguely mentioned above but without the details I do know from the Brother and the Sister and things Duane mentioned.

Neither John nor the other man or his wife would have known that a young man they had personal contact with was Cooper.

But it is these connections with which Duane was familiar with WA and knew these people.

EVickiW

Vickie - strange, but true. I do have a brother named Bradley.

He was one month old with I got married. My first daughter was born 10 months after he was.

My brother did NOT write a book!

EVickiW

*********New DBC book coming very soon. Jo will take note of the surname for sure.

Vicki,

Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving, Mark.

I promise to be careful and watch other drivers, don't ride crazy and tailgate others (this will be difficult), only ride during the daylight hours, watch for deer and road debris.

And.... would I really punch anyone out? ;)
OK...I promise to be good while in Tacoma and Ariel. Geez...
and if not, will you by my defense attorney?

I've got your back Vicki, just be sure to give me enough for a credible self-defense case. Intoxication, insanity, diminished capacity isnt a great defense strategy. I gotta have something to work with. ;)

Have fun up there in Cooper country. Really sorry I can't make it this year.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I scanned it and keep trying to get it to post - but I have always had a problem getting anything other than pics to post. I can email it so I do not see why it will not post.

I DID IT. Can anyone identify this OLD Piano BAR BK. There is Nothing inside of it except the words to songs.

No writing or publishing date!
THIS came into the house after Duane's trip to Omaha in 1990.
THe other books (receipe) came at the same time.

"...I've got your back Vicki, just be sure to give me enough for a credible self-defense case. Intoxication, insanity, diminished capacity isnt a great defense strategy. I gotta have something to work with. ;)

Have fun up there in Cooper country. Really sorry I can't make it this year.

Reply:

How about extreme provocation from loud-mouthed jerks who refuse to accept our opinions on DB Cooper and say that Mel was just a bank note guy?

Something along those lines, 377?

Plus, they started it.

Anyway, we were out-numbered.

And I thought I saw something shiney in his hand. Can we start with that? That should at least get us bail, right?

And we were defending your honor, 377, and our constitutional rights to post on the DZ! This is America, Gawd-damnit! We were just standing our ground and defending our right to tell the world how it really is!

Whew, I better sit down, go for a walk, or something....

Bruce,

Just use the big screwdriver under the jacket technique to get the bad guys under control. Duane didnt bumble that one. ;)

You don't have to be Dirty Harry. Just use your wits. Ask yourself "what would Ghandi do"?

You seem really spun up lately. I think I know why. Take you mind off Musika. She's married.

New DBC book coming very soon. Jo will take note of the surname for sure.

My Father was D.B. Cooper Paperback– November 29, 2013 [a paltry 60 pages]

Here is a picture of Jack Collins. Looks similar to the sketch....he must be the one!!!

You can read the first few pages of the book here

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/185096476
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

ParrotheadVol

***New DBC book coming very soon. Jo will take note of the surname for sure.

Here is a picture of Jack Collins. Looks similar to the sketch....he must be the one!!!

Reply:

I just spoke with Robin Collins, Bradley's wife. She's not a kook! Whew - and she described what sounds like a very deliberate and sound approach to an important family story. Bradley was out, but I expect to talk with him soon.

Their book is due out Friday for public distribution in print form. Their pub was some outfit in the UK. Robin and Bradley may be coming to the shin-dig Friday at the WSHM.

Robin also told me that she and Brad had been at the Cooper exhibit's opening day and spoke with Tom Kaye.

Robin also said that she is a big time reader of the Mountain News! I love her already, although not as much as Mooshie, of course, but 377 knows that and understands.

He understands so much....

And none of that has a thing to do with DB Cooper. Neither does Severinson..:)
Yuck...I have to clean house this morning. Grandma is coming and my vacation is turning out to be a non-vacation so far. [:/]

reply:

The odds always favor some brush with famous people,
celebs, etc.

For example: who would have thunk YOU would ever be here?

Its a small world! :D

BruceSmith

Reply:

I just spoke with Robin Collins, Bradley's wife. She's not a kook! Whew - and she described what sounds like a very deliberate and sound approach to an important family story. Bradley was out, but I expect to talk with him soon.

Their book is due out Friday for public distribution in print form. Their pub was some outfit in the UK. Robin and Bradley may be coming to the shin-dig Friday at the WSHM.

Robin also told me that she and Brad had been at the Cooper exhibit's opening day and spoke with Tom Kaye.

Robin also said that she is a big time reader of the Mountain News! I love her already, although not as much as Mooshie, of course, but 377 knows that and understands.

I found the following with Jack Collins name on the Check Six website:http://www.check-six.com/Crash_Sites/NWA305-DBCooper.htm

"Out of the Muck...

In November 1976, federal authorities realized no one had ever charged Cooper with a crime, so they quickly sought an indictment in Portland just before the statute of limitations expired. So a "John Doe", a.k.a. D.B. Cooper, indictment was issued by assistant U.S. attorney in Portland, Jack Gore Collins against the hijacker of Northwest flight #305.

EVickiW

*********New DBC book coming very soon. Jo will take note of the surname for sure.

Reply:

I found the following with Jack Collins name on the Check Six website:http://www.check-six.com/Crash_Sites/NWA305-DBCooper.htm

"Out of the Muck...

In November 1976, federal authorities realized no one had ever charged Cooper with a crime, so they quickly sought an indictment in Portland just before the statute of limitations expired. So a "John Doe", a.k.a. D.B. Cooper, indictment was issued by assistant U.S. attorney in Portland, Jack Gore Collins against the hijacker of Northwest flight #305.

And this: http://www.osbar.org/publications/bulletin/05nov/profiles.html Another article from the Oregon State Bar.

BruceSmith

Reply:

So Bruce, in your professional opinion, is there anything to this? Yes, no, maybe?

Blevins, I enjoyed you brushes with greatness, but I got you beat. I once got to sing on stage with my favorite singer John Mellencamp (there is two things I can't do and singing is both of them). I also met and partied with the man who bought my favorite football team, had some good years with them, and then destroyed them...Jerry Jones.

Bruce, I think I will hold off reading your book until after you go back and edit to include this Collins fellow, lol.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

I just realized they have different middle names

Jack Albert Collins (Bradley's father)

Jack Gore Collins (US Asst District Attorney)

Quite the coincidence. If Jack is the hi-jacker, then Jack signed his indictment.

RobertMBlevins

If I wanted publicity, I would have told Geoff Gray and WSHM I would be willing to go to the symposium instead of warning them a couple of months ago I could not attend.

Blevins, I'll bet that Gray and the WSHM appreciate your heads-up that they were going to have to wing it at the symposium without your assistance.

And with all of your comments that someone may come forward someday and finger KC as Cooper, just ignore the contradictory evidence in the meantime, puts you squarely in the Jo Weber class of investigators.

Robert99

ParrotheadVol

Reply:

So Bruce, in your professional opinion, is there anything to this? Yes, no, maybe?

Blevins, I enjoyed you brushes with greatness, but I got you beat. I once got to sing on stage with my favorite singer John Mellencamp (there is two things I can't do and singing is both of them). I also met and partied with the man who bought my favorite football team, had some good years with them, and then destroyed them...Jerry Jones.

Bruce, I think I will hold off reading your book until after you go back and edit to include this Collins fellow, lol.

Reply:

Yo, Parrot, I don't know, and I still haven't spoken to Bradley, who is saying that his father is Coop. But the vibe I'm getting at the moment is this is strong enough to look into.

As for holding off on reading my book until something else happens, you sound like my sister who used to drive me crazy by saving her Halloween candy for months - she was still eating chocolate on Christmas Eve! Me, my stuff was gone in 24 hours.

Vicki- good find on Judge Collins. So befitting to the Cooper case. See ya Friday.

Lastly, just got an email from Pat Forman. She and Ron are coming to the symposium on Saturday, and they'll be in Ariel, too.

BruceSmith

************New DBC book coming very soon. Jo will take note of the surname for sure.

Reply:

Reply:

Yo, Parrot, I don't know, and I still haven't spoken to Bradley, who is saying that his father is Coop. But the vibe I'm getting at the moment is this is strong enough to look into.

As for holding off on reading my book until something else happens, you sound like my sister who used to drive me crazy by saving her Halloween candy for months - she was still eating chocolate on Christmas Eve! Me, my stuff was gone in 24 hours.

Vicki- good find on Judge Collins. So befitting to the Cooper case. See ya Friday.

Lastly, just got an email from Pat Forman. She and Ron are coming to the symposium on Saturday, and they'll be in Ariel, too.

We seem to have some common themes (stereotypes?) being repeated:

_ was a resident(s) of Oregon or Washington.
_ was a family affair (Marla Effect)
_ the name Collins ? (Jo Weber Effect)
_ had special expertise in aviation/skydiving. (Soderlind Effect)
_ played trumpet (Jehovah Gabriel Effect). Announced it!
_ Canadian component (Cooper Comic Abrakadabra Effect)
_ 3 bundles Lost! (Blevins Effect)
_ always talked about writing/publishing something.
_ worked for NWA/Boeing/CIA/CBS-NBC. (Chronkite Effect)
_ Cooper missing in plain or plane sight. (Weber Effect)
_ Effects Georger has yet to announce! (Orson Welles Effect)

Theory satisfies Dropzone Thread 13-dimension maldum fornax
coordinates required for a tv series! The Beatles Effect.

I dunnoh. Is there anything being missed? Like a connection to
the Talmud, Homer's Iliad, Bhagavad Gita, or the Jimmy-Jon
Employee Service Manual ? Could be a Mormon-Haganah
conspiracy except nobody currently writing scripts has heard of
the Israeli Haganah (indicates a gap in basic social education
required for modern day script writing if the producer expects
his or her mini-series to attract attention in the Third World!)?

In a similar vein no evidence Cooper had a Canadian-Chinese
accent! This eliminates roughly 2 billion people from possible
viewership!) Very likely the Chinese are stirring up something
for their own audience, Cooper-Fu Man Chu ?)

Attention! Writers may soon divert the Cooper script to have
it account for the collapse of Western Civilisation (Leslie White
Effect!) Be forewarned.

The Chinese-Japanese may buy Ariel and Seattle and have it
and its resident-actors shipped to Beijing in a cargo container
for next year's Cooper celebration. This would include the
Seattle Office of the FBI. Cloned copies of the Beatles, Elvis,
and RobertMBlevins ...will perform! Costa Concordia is already
booking tours -

No small wonder Sheridan moved to a mud hut! Anything to get
out of the way of construction!

Am I missing anything ?

Anyone got a mud hut to rent? Do you take O'Bama vouchers?

RobertMBlevins

HOW did approximately three bundles manage to end up in the same exact spot miles from the known flight path?

Blevins, You continue to claim that the flight path is known. If you had any aviation knowledge, experience, or training, you would know that is not the case.

If you think the so-called "FBI flight map" is correct, then you are sadly mistaken. And that has been pointed out to you any number of times on this thread. And as has also been pointed out to you countless times, even the FBI has stated they do not know where that map came from and Himmelsbach has reportedly stated that he had never seen it.

Even a 16-year old student pilot can point out the errors in that map.

Your "aeronautical research" is even worse than your "KC real estate research". But then you probably didn't do any research at all in either case.

Robert99

We seem to have some common themes (stereotypes?) being repeated:

_ was a resident(s) of Oregon or Washington.
_ was a family affair (Marla Effect)
_ the name Collins ? (Jo Weber Effect)
_ had special expertise in aviation/skydiving. (Soderlind Effect)
_ played trumpet (Jehovah Gabriel Effect). Announced it!
_ Canadian component (Cooper Comic Abrakadabra Effect)
_ 3 bundles Lost! (Blevins Effect)
_ always talked about writing/publishing something.
_ worked for NWA/Boeing/CIA/CBS-NBC. (Chronkite Effect)
_ Cooper missing in plain or plane sight. (Weber Effect)
_ Effects Georger has yet to announce! (Orson Welles Effect)

Theory satisfies Dropzone Thread 13-dimension maldum fornax
coordinates required for a tv series! The Beatles Effect.

I dunnoh. Is there anything being missed? Like a connection to
the Talmud, Homer's Iliad, Bhagavad Gita, or the Jimmy-Jon
Employee Service Manual ? Could be a Mormon-Haganah
conspiracy except nobody currently writing scripts has heard of
the Israeli Haganah (indicates a gap in basic social education
required for modern day script writing if the producer expects
his or her mini-series to attract attention in the Third World!)?

In a similar vein no evidence Cooper had a Canadian-Chinese
accent! This eliminates roughly 2 billion people from possible
viewership!) Very likely the Chinese are stirring up something
for their own audience, Cooper-Fu Man Chu ?)

Attention! Writers may soon divert the Cooper script to have
it account for the collapse of Western Civilisation (Leslie White
Effect!) Be forewarned.

The Chinese-Japanese may buy Ariel and Seattle and have it
and its resident-actors shipped to Beijing in a cargo container
for next year's Cooper celebration. This would include the
Seattle Office of the FBI. Cloned copies of the Beatles, Elvis,
and RobertMBlevins ...will perform! Costa Concordia is already
booking tours -

No small wonder Sheridan moved to a mud hut! Anything to get
out of the way of construction!

Am I missing anything ?

Anyone got a mud hut to rent? Do you take O'Bama vouchers?

Georger, that is a seriously funny post. Thanks and 73.

Collins wrote that his Dad told him that he was going to make a 10,000 foot night skydive. His Dad then showed him a wristwatch that with the push of a button turned into a luminous altimeter.

I cant find any wristwatch in existence in 1971 that did this. Has anyone seen one that did?