47 47
quade

DB Cooper

testxyz

I guess those pieces three feet below were once attached to the three bundles.

I wonder how far Horizontally away were the little pieces of money from the main bundle stacks

Maybe that is why the FBI dug trenches looking deeper. The trenches
seem to be only dug near the money found.

I wonder if more tiny pieces of bills could still be found.

The possibility of finding any more bills or money fragments is probably zero.

The story of deeply buried fragments and other fragments floating in the river itself, has been around for quite a while but nobody seems to have any proof for that claim.

If some of the fragments were up to three feet deep in the sand, it would imply that Cooper cratered on dry land, that the money bag was in the area of the later money find for a significant period of time, and that the money deposition was a "repeatable" action.

The original location of the money find site was just below the tree line and it is my understanding that the present horizontal location of the money find site is a few feet into the river itself. That is, it is now under water.

Also, the vertical location of the money find was a few feet above the water level. The river bank has undergone plenty of erosion and basically the soil comprising and adjacent to the money find location has gone downstream. And it is in the realm of possibility that Cooper went with it.

Robert99

R99 wrote

The story of deeply buried fragments and other fragments floating in the river itself, has been around for quite a while but nobody seems to have any proof for that claim.

I tried pretty hard to find proof of the claimed tideline debris field of currency shards, but struck out,

Also found no support for claims that shards were found buried several feet down.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

R99 wrote

I tried pretty hard to find proof of the claimed tideline debris field of currency shards, but struck out,

Also found no support for claims that shards were found buried several feet down.

I searched "money debris" It brought me these results. I clicked on a few of them. JT was explaining what was told to him by Himmelsbach and the Fazio's.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=money%20debris&sb=score&mh=25
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

The flushing channel was not there in 1971.... AND only high water would provide "flushing" and August is not high water. Go back again during a warm spell in DEC or JAN after the mountains get lots of snow.. and the warm weather melts off all the lowland snow AND melts the mountain snowpack. Floods down there are fun. Most of my property on Puget Island disappears underwater since it is outside of the dyke that the road is built on.

These GUYS need a little help with their history!:)
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

EVickiW

I searched "money debris" It brought me these results. I clicked on a few of them. JT was explaining what was told to him by Himmelsbach and the Fazio's.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=money%20debris&sb=score&mh=25

I trust ZERO JT has to say. He has told so many XXXX that I do NOT believe ONE word of what he says. Now I think I KNOW his MOTIVE!

The original location of the money find site was just below the tree line and it is my understanding that the present horizontal location of the money find site is a few feet into the river itself. That is, it is now under water

I try to pinpoint Cooper's money find using Tom Kayes overlay at Citizen
Sleuths.

On Google Earth there are historical maps. For Tena bar they go back to 1990

Attach are a sequence of image snapshots of the money find location from 1990 to 2012.

I notice in 2002 and 2011 the money find area was definitely underwater.

THIS MAY BE THE MOST IMPORTANT POST I HAVE EVER MADE! Please read it and absorb it!

I have exchanged emails with 2 individuals in the last 24 hrs. One conversation triggered certain memories and the other one intersected. These 2 guys DO not know of each others existence.

Without divulging the individuals I will discuss one now and another later tonight or tomorrow. Some times an old mind needs a little poke once in awhile.

First: Answering question about my communications with Petersen while he was at Issaquah. They were by phone before 2000.

Mr H has suggested I needed to speak with Richard Petersen, but I did NOT know who was other than what Mr. H told me about his having a skydive school or place at Issaquah.
Not sure,but believe Mr. H. provided the phone number.

In retrospect after answering some question today by email and then an unexpected phone conversation with another individual - I have made some connections I explored many yrs ago - pre-2000, but I was dissed and ignored and I did NOT have a computer or know anything about forum participation.

Remember the FBI did not give me the time of day after the initial 2 yrs & after my cornering the agent in 2000 about the errors made regarding the military records of Weber.

They have been very kind the last few months & I actually got to talk to the agent of record twice since the first of the yr.

All aside. The car left at the airport near some warehouses has bugged me very much - because Duane told me about the car being left in that location on our trip in 1979 .

MOST IMPORTANT #P below:

This was after we left Vancouver & drove over along the river on the OR side and he pointed out a lot of low garage type buildings & made a statement similar to this "I used to know a guy who left a car there one time". Now he used that phrase many time on the trip, but this one bugged me after I learned a CAR was actually left there. The car left at the airport was NOT common knowledge and why would Weber even remember that little tidbit, if all he had was a causual relationship with the crime by reading about it in the South?

Mr. H had told me the car was a rental left by some business men. NO ONE would or could tell me the name of that business. Remember that when I spoke to Mr. Himmelsbach I thought he was relaying everything I said to the FBI.

I never knew what Company and/or the location of the companies who rented the car. THIS is VERY Important to me now! If that company was out of TX or GA or LA and if the names of the companies correlate with known connections to WEBER & or Collins that is a NEED to know FACT!

I speak not only of Companies Duane associated with under Duane L. Weber but also John Collins.

WHY?

Mr. Himmelsbach had suggested I contact Richard Peterson which I did while he was still in the Issauquah area. Peterson was contacted by the FBI because there had been a group of business men who for some reason provided a skyjump experience in a contest.

I never found out who the business was or where they were located at.

I did NOT think about how absurd this idea was until now! Since a car registered to a legitimate company was left at the airport - I have reason to revisit this train of thought.

Felt it frivilous thinking before, but NOT so sure anymore. Seems some reports came out of Issaquah regarding Cooper. Perhaps someone in that group remembered a man who resembled Cooper?

I am going back and pull the names of past employers of Weber/Collins that I am aware of and send them to the FBI. I will then send 377 (who I trust) this list just encase. If any of those names show up - and the FBI should still have the names of the company the car was rented by. Finding the company associates and officers should be a matter of record.
If the job was done in 1972 that should have been done then.

In the event something happens in the mean time - the FBI has copies of Duane's tax records and W2's. You guys need to remember this. Do not forget the records here in thread w/ the W'2s & the FBI should have a record of the company and/or individual who rented that car.

I still have old emails from a guy who is now deceased - & he was warning me to not continue to investigate that angle (we exchanged private emails)he used to yrs ago post on this forum and then he went POOF! I assumed he died.

Probably would NOT have revisited this old "thing" had someone not have enquired about my prior contacts with Richard Petersen before I had a computer. Richard did NOT connect Skyjack71 to those 2 phone calls as if he did he NOT acknowledge me when he briefly dropped into the thread.

skyjack71

The flushing channel was not there in 1971.... AND only high water would provide "flushing" and August is not high water. Go back again during a warm spell in DEC or JAN after the mountains get lots of snow.. and the warm weather melts off all the lowland snow AND melts the mountain snowpack. Floods down there are fun. Most of my property on Puget Island disappears underwater since it is outside of the dyke that the road is built on.

Jo, I have seen the Flushing Channel during a rainy period in mid-November. It was dry.

Perhaps you could explain how you got out to Tena Bar in 1979. Did you see the Flushing Channel either under construction or completed? You ducked this question a while back, remember?

Robert99

Its my understanding that is a very old marina dating back to the old gill net fishing boats that used to go after the salmon runs for at least 100 years. all over the lower Columbia you can find remnants of the boats.. and the marinas in backwater sloughs where islands provided some protection.

This is a remnant of a bygone era that is just downriver from my property... http://columbiariverimages.com/Images04/skamokawa_creek_mouth_sunken_boat_2004.jpg

Robert99

Jo, I have seen the Flushing Channel during a rainy period in mid-November. It was dry.

Perhaps you could explain how you got out to Tena Bar in 1979. Did you see the Flushing Channel either under construction or completed? You ducked this question a while back, remember?

Robert99

I did NOT duck the question. YOU did not read my post. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT A FLUSHING CHANNEL LOOKS LIKE! SHOW ME A PICTURE OF ONE. I even searched on the computer for a picture of a Flushing Channel!

Perhaps you missed it the same way you missed my post about Petersen.

P. S.
I am BACK to make and adendum after 1-1/2 hours of the same Search I did before. I do NOT see any pictures and how am I supposed to know what a FLUSHING channel looks like.

I did not get out of the car except at Tena Bar and he drove around a little - he mentioned some construction, but I did NOT pay any attention to this. Mentioned he did NOT know they had come this far - in Sept. of 1979, but I had NO idea then or now what I was seeing from the car.

When I went in 2001 with the CREW they were going really fast and on the road from Tena's bar to the Red Lion - I was looking at the River side and Mr. H mentioned something about a flushing bar on the opposite side (he was sitting behind the driver), but they were driving fast and I looked to the side away from the river, but did NOT see anything. Hell I didn't know what I was supposed to be looking at even after Mr. H mentioned what ever it was they passed.

In Fl I am always seeing drainage ditches and waterways and canals - I probably had NO idea what I was seeing...or supposed to be looking at. NO ONE has described or shown me a picture of what I am supposed to have seen. Is it above ground or is it a canal and does it have locks like a dam. Does it look like a sewage treament plant - you see I HAVE NO idea what I was supposed to see..Was it prominent?

skyjack71

but I was dissed and ignored...

Did Jo Weber really just use the word "dissed"? Sorry Jo, it caught me off guard.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

ParrotheadVol

*** but I was dissed and ignored...

Did Jo Weber really just use the word "dissed"? Sorry Jo, it caught me off guard.

Excuse me! Did you not think the paragraph not important enough to quote it in its entirety.

"In retrospect after answering some question today by email and then an unexpected phone conversation with another individual - I have made some connections I explored many yrs ago - pre-2000, but I was dissed and ignored and I did NOT have a computer or know anything about forum participation."

I was dissed and ignore regarding the information I provided that I have mention again only recently. That being about Issaquah and the car at the airport. The FBI ignore that in its entirety. I was referencing the information I discussed in the last couple of days with two other individuals.

These were things I discussed only with Mr. H and the Active FBI never discussed these things with me.

I now realize that information was VERY important and probably relevant to Weber. The FBI never listened to me - because most of what I was saying was to Mr. Himmelsbach and the FBI was NOT interested enough to communicate with me on these subjects.

I was treated like a typical woman of the 60's - a NON person in respect to Duane and no questions asked about what I remembered nor any contact made with me to see if I remembered other things. (The trip in 1979 was NOT discussed with me by an active FBI agent in its entirety). The only one who heard that was Mr. H. He was NOT active FBI and I do NOT know how much he related to the ACTIVE FBI.

The first agent spent a lot of time with me in that 1st meeting. The next and the last time I saw him was when he brought back the original papers he copied. Since I knew little about the crime - there should have been an AGENT in WA to ask me more questions and Cooper specific. That did not happen.

In 1998 I recieve a letter dismissing Duane based on fingerprints!?????

Only until I made a fuss with an agent about the McNeil and the Army and his stating Duane was NEVER in the ARMY and NOT a resident of MCNEIL. His return call was curt and short - NOR did he ask me how I got my information or how much more detailed was my information.

Only after I went PUBLIC in 2001 did anything happen - by then I was so pissed I COULD not talk to them and Doug Pasternac had to do it for me....I didn't want to be in the same room with them.

They did this on film, but I never knew if it was aired - even then Doug and I knew little compared to what would be learned when I got the computer and was able to reach individuals I had not before.

Take for example the Night Clerk - he was ignored and he is COMING to the STATES in September. I do NOT know for how long and where he will be staying as he no longer has family in WA that I am aware of.

They waited until his mind was tainted by the media and my discussions with him. I wish I had recorded my original conversation with him - it was simple and to the point and the wife of the day who he has been divorced from him for yrs - stands by him on the Cooper things to this day.

By the time we could get someone to video him - he had been looking at and reading too many things - so his story had changed just a bit...his basic was the same. I have no idea what he discussed with Carr...other than Carr hardly gave him the time of day and the man was on medication from his surgery for removal of a kidney due to cancer. THAT interview would NOT have happened if I had not shamed Carr on the thread about it.

So YOU fuss about my using the word dissed! Duhhh!

The 3 foot deep money information came from an FBI agent during the time when the money was found. The FBI agents are top notch people.

I don't think he had any reason to make up the story.

Maybe from some type of geological process the shards were able to migrate lower than the bundles of money OR the Bundles of money were pushed up from deeper in the sand.

The post below has a serious error in it. Sheridan was at Issaquah and Richard was a smokejumper and in control of Intermountain.
It was called to my attention I interchanged the names - so others were confused as to WHO I was talking about.

skyjack71

THIS MAY BE THE MOST IMPORTANT POST I HAVE EVER MADE! Please read it and absorb it!

I have exchanged emails with 2 individuals in the last 24 hrs. One conversation triggered certain memories and the other one intersected. These 2 guys DO not know of each others existence.

Without divulging the individuals I will discuss one now and another later tonight or tomorrow. Some times an old mind needs a little poke once in awhile.

First: Answering question about my communications with Petersen while he was at Issaquah. They were by phone before 2000.

Mr H has suggested I needed to speak with SHERIDAN Petersen, but I did NOT know who was other than what Mr. H told me about his having a skydive school or place at Issaquah.
Not sure,but believe Mr. H. provided the phone number.

In retrospect after answering some question today by email and then an unexpected phone conversation with another individual - I have made some connections I explored many yrs ago - pre-2000, but I was dissed and ignored and I did NOT have a computer or know anything about forum participation.

Remember the FBI did not give me the time of day after the initial 2 yrs & after my cornering the agent in 2000 about the errors made regarding the military records of Weber.

They have been very kind the last few months & I actually got to talk to the agent of record twice since the first of the yr.

All aside. The car left at the airport near some warehouses has bugged me very much - because Duane told me about the car being left in that location on our trip in 1979 .

MOST IMPORTANT #P below:

This was after we left Vancouver & drove over along the river on the OR side and he pointed out a lot of low garage type buildings & made a statement similar to this "I used to know a guy who left a car there one time". Now he used that phrase many time on the trip, but this one bugged me after I learned a CAR was actually left there. The car left at the airport was NOT common knowledge and why would Weber even remember that little tidbit, if all he had was a causual relationship with the crime by reading about it in the South?

Mr. H had told me the car was a rental left by some business men. NO ONE would or could tell me the name of that business. Remember that when I spoke to Mr. Himmelsbach I thought he was relaying everything I said to the FBI.

I never knew what Company and/or the location of the companies who rented the car. THIS is VERY Important to me now! If that company was out of TX or GA or LA and if the names of the companies correlate with known connections to WEBER & or Collins that is a NEED to know FACT!

I speak not only of Companies Duane associated with under Duane L. Weber but also John Collins.

WHY?

Mr. Himmelsbach had suggested I contact Sheridan Peterson which I did while he was still in the Issauquah area. Peterson was contacted by the FBI because there had been a group of business men who for some reason provided a skyjump experience in a contest.

I never found out who the business was or where they were located at.

I did NOT think about how absurd this idea was until now! Since a car registered to a legitimate company was left at the airport - I have reason to revisit this train of thought.

Felt it frivilous thinking before, but NOT so sure anymore. Seems some reports came out of Issaquah regarding Cooper. Perhaps someone in that group remembered a man who resembled Cooper?

I am going back and pull the names of past employers of Weber/Collins that I am aware of and send them to the FBI. I will then send 377 (who I trust) this list just encase. If any of those names show up - and the FBI should still have the names of the company the car was rented by. Finding the company associates and officers should be a matter of record.
If the job was done in 1972 that should have been done then.

In the event something happens in the mean time - the FBI has copies of Duane's tax records and W2's. You guys need to remember this. Do not forget the records here in thread w/ the W'2s & the FBI should have a record of the company and/or individual who rented that car.

I still have old emails from a guy who is now deceased - & he was warning me to not continue to investigate that angle (we exchanged private emails)he used to yrs ago post on this forum and then he went POOF! I assumed he died.

Probably would NOT have revisited this old "thing" had someone not have enquired about my prior contacts with SHERIDAN Petersen before I had a computer. SHERIDAN did NOT connect Skyjack71 to those 2 phone calls as if he did he NOT acknowledge me when he briefly dropped into the thread.

PS Added one day later:

Sorry about the confusion as I for some reason said Richard rather than Sheridan. Sheridan was the "Bubble" guy and at Issaquah and is a profession writer.

Richard Peterson was a smokejumper and headed up Intermountain Communications from 1962 to 1972 and was known as Paperlegs Petersen. He was also known for a technique he used to avoid landing in trees with equipment the smokejumpers learned to use to avoid incidents of entanglement and injury.

Duane Weber had mentioned knowledge of or knowing BOTH Petersons - so that is why the name get entangled when I tell about these thing. A thank you to the guy with the private email letting me know I had made an error...it was not intendious or malicious....JUST old woman forgetting there are 2 men and 2 issues with the last name Petersen.

testxyz

*** The FBI agents are top notch people.

Then why do you not accept Ckret's statement t that the bundles were not all equal?
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

ParrotheadVol

The FBI agents are top notch people.

Then why do you not accept Ckret's statement t that the bundles were not all equal?

Simple Simon Jo Weber can answer that one for you...my opinion only!
BECAUSE there had been other statements by other AGENTS and those on the beach in 1980 when the money was found - that stated differently. Remember the family who found the money had taken it home and tried to separated the bills and dry it out.

ALL the FBI has is WHAT they told them regarding the bills and the family had attempted to separate the bundles. I expect upon finding it impossible they decided to contact the authorities and hope a bank would reimburse the money - but, they evidently were unaware they had Cooper Money or they would have called the FBI before trying to separate the bills. MY OPINION!

All Cret (CARR) could have know was what was in the record and what was purportedly told by the Ingrams. I expect what was reported by the Ingrams and the condition of the money - might have indicated that. Doubt full Ckret RE-QUESTIONED the young Ingram boy. Ckret imposed many of his OPINIONS into the case rather than FACT.

I never said I didn't accept Ckret's statement.

I made an argument of logic.

It is interesting that Gray's book doesn't mention the randomizing of the money bundles.

That information would have been bookworthy. Gray had access to the FBI files, he was monitoring the DZ message board and in contact with Ckret aka Carr.

Maybe someone should email Gray.

testxyz

I never said I didn't accept Ckret's statement.

I made an argument of logic.

It is interesting that Gray's book doesn't mention the randomizing of the money bundles.

That information would have been bookworthy. Gray had access to the FBI files, he was monitoring the DZ message board and in contact with Ckret aka Carr.

Maybe someone should email Gray.

If portions of bills were actually found 3 feet deep in the sand as well as close to the surface (as the Ingram money was), it would by itself eliminate the Washougal wash down theory as a possibility. It would mean that the deposition of the money at Tena Bar was a "repeatable" action and that the money had landed close by and remained there for quite a while, meaning long enough for three feet of sand to be deposited over the first bills that moved toward the river.

Also, portions of the bills buried 3 feet down would eliminate Duane Weber as a possible Cooper candidate. When last seen by Jo Cooper during their visit to Tena Bar in late 1979, Duane was supposedly carrying some of the money which he intended to bury. However, Duane did not have a shovel.

Duane Weber does not appear to be the type of person who would dig a hole 3 feet deep and deposit some money in it, all with the hope that somebody would discover the money at some unspecified later date.

So unless this post has triggered Jo's memory, a distinct possibility, and she now remembers that he was also carrying a shovel, the reported connection of Jo and Duane Weber with Tena Bar is nonsense.

Robert99

it would by itself eliminate the Washougal wash down theory as a possibility

Acording to news reports from 1980....The find was first reported on Feb. 13 and it is reported in the Feb. 16 N.Y. Times the FBI called off the search for the Money.

Evidently the FBI searched a maximum of 3 days for more Ingram money and Cooper money.

That isn't much time considering Tena's Bar length along the river (where I think more money could be found) is about 1/2 mile. A quarter mile north of the Ingram find and a quarter mile south.

Lots of sand. I guess if they brought in a bull dozer and large sifter they
could have made such a daunting task easier.

Reference Image Attached...

Robert99

I think R99 would like to see some flow test data!

Some 'real' flow test data! Not just stories dropped out of
nowhere that made Ckret even blush. :D:D

I'm sure we both would like to see some real test flow data!

Can your Russian probability modeler handle problems with only non-numeric (alphabetical) data?

Robert99

what do you mean? what type of alphabetic data?

You mean like the probabiity of occurrence of protein types?
Numbers have to enter the picture somewhere?

The problem is there are no numbers involved, it is purely alphabetical data that has been massaged at least once and probably more. Some of the massaging is evident and some is not. So there are a number of steps that must still take place to come up with anything useful.

The problem is about one step short of voodoo.

Robert99

Alphabetic 'data' in relation to what? Is there a ranking of some
kind in the data? Are you looking for a statistical analysis of
letter occurrence ? What do the letters refer to?

testxyz

The real problem is 'how does that canvas bag get there in the
first place'! Especially if the flight path is miles away.

I don't know about the Bag but I did find the following article
interesting.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=QP4yAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ZYMDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6378,3379551&dq=db+cooper&hl=en

I read an old article from the time when the money was found on Feb. 13, 1980. The FBI agent said..

***"They're very small pieces about the size of a nickel," said FBI agent
Tom Nicodemus. He said some of the pieces of money were as deep
as three feet beneath the surface."

"It indicates to us there's been a lot of sand shift there and the money
has been for some time." Nicodemus said.

I guess those pieces three feet below were once attached to the three bundles.

I wonder how far Horizontally away were the little pieces of money from the main bundle stacks

Maybe that is why the FBI dug trenches looking deeper. The trenches
seem to be only dug near the money found.

I wonder if more tiny pieces of bills could still be found.

The issue of fragments is hotly debated. Different agents give
different accounts. One lead agent won't talk about it! Tom Kaye
and Carol say there is no mention of fragments in the files and
the only fragments they found at Seattle was 'a little dust and a
few tiny pieces in a bag', as it were!

There is a persistent rumor part of a briefcase (Cooper's brief
case?) was found during the excavation, but nobody will confirm
that even though the rumor has been traced back to one of the
agents on the scene during the excavation.

There is just nothing solid in documentation of anything.

Now Galen Cook says he has witnesses who found bills on Tina
Bar prior to Ingram's find, in December of 1979 I think.

R99 wrote

The Fazio's were the only ones to bring up a tidal deposit idea.
They claimed 'the money came up with the last tide'. How they
would know that is beyond me. How they would know it wasn't
already there before the last tide is beyond me. Palmer rejected
the Fazio's argument, and so did most of the agents there.

Amazon

Its my understanding that is a very old marina dating back to the old gill net fishing boats that used to go after the salmon runs for at least 100 years. all over the lower Columbia you can find remnants of the boats.. and the marinas in backwater sloughs where islands provided some protection.

This is a remnant of a bygone era that is just downriver from my property... http://columbiariverimages.com/Images04/skamokawa_creek_mouth_sunken_boat_2004.jpg

Here is a usgs photo from 1952. The Fazio property didnt even
exist as it did in 1971-80! This photo and others 1952-1980 show the volatile nature of this area due to erosion.

Note the whole area east of Catapillar island and behind the Fazxio's.