47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Jo wrote

Freedom of SPEECH does NOT mean that we can make known to the world things that are distateful and unproven....

Actually it does Jo. The threshold for actionable defamation is pretty high. Just being distasteful and unproven is not suffcient.

Free speech and freedom of the press means that we have to suck it up once a while and just tolerate stuff we may find offensive. If you don't like it just ignore it.

Lawsuits usually cause FAR FAR more attention to the alleged defamation than existed before.

Most false defamatory statements will die a natural death if just left alone.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

skyjack71

Quade, May I humbly suggest that you start the banning with the individual who made post no. 46167. In my opinion, that would take care of about 50 percent of the "unchilled" comments.

Robert99

Robert99 that was uncalled for - I only spoke about what was happening and regarding Blevins and Georger hashing it out over insults in Bruce's writing. You have a MOTIVE to silence me and I know this, but I try to objective. YOU KNOW I have actually presented to the FBI and/or others things that could help solve the case. Your post makes one wonder what your INVOLVEMENT is.

Jo Weber does not attack - instead she tries to defend others to slow down and think how hurtful their remark are!

Jo, You say you do not attack? You have personally called me the following names. In fact, I just listed them for you recently.

Jo has called Robert99:

1. A troll living under a bridge.
2. A phony.
3. An ass.
4. A moron.
5. A plant from the FBI to keep the Cooper hijacking from being solved.
6. And probably others that I cannot remember right now.

Are those claims "attacks" or just words of endearment?

Now you write above, "You [Robert99] have a MOTIVE to silence me and I know this, but I try to be objective." Really? What would that motive be? Objective? Come on Jo, stop kidding.

Robert99

A plant from the FBI to keep the Cooper hijacking from being solved.

One of Jo's wackier accusations which has been leveled against most people on the forum who disagree with her.

The FBI would LOVE to solve NORJACK. That's my opinion.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

It's really ironic that the only lawyer on the forum never threatens lawsuits.

Real libel and slander happens every day and VERY VERY few lawsuits result. The reason? Money. It just isn't worth it and unless you are a celebrity nobody will take a defamation case on a contingent fee basis.

Jo never sues and I don't think Blevins will either, not unless he has a fat wallet and doesnt care how fast it loses weight. Besides, suing Bruce is probably a dead end financially. You really think he has the bucks to pay a huge judgment? The best defense to a civil suit is poverty. I don't know Bruce's net worth but he doesn't strike me as wealthy.

Put it this way! Bruce is WAY below the poverty level. I have heard some of the details about his living conditions and I assure you NO one on this thread could or would live under those conditions.

If I wrote about some of the things we may or may not know about Bruce, what would be the benefit of it?

He probably would sue me if I did - but, that is the way it is. Those who have are sued. Those who have not will find a reason to sue and the system will provide them a free lawyer.

I know an individual who lost everything because of a lawsuit. Yrs later the individual BRAGGED about HOW he/she took the other person to the cleaners. He was already broke again a few yrs later and was setting someone else up. He went to prison for fraud, but the other person had lost everything.

This world is UPSIDE down and so are many of the judgements given in the courts.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo, You say you do not attack? You have personally called me the following names. In fact, I just listed them for you recently.

Jo has called Robert99:

1. A troll living under a bridge.
2. A phony.
3. An ass.
4. A moron.
5. A plant from the FBI to keep the Cooper hijacking from being solved.
6. And probably others that I cannot remember right now.

Robert99

:oI called you a troll? (that is Georger who usually use the Troll thing), but I did suggest you were an FBI plant. :$

Ass and moron get kicked around in here a lot - What did you do to piss me off? :oI have never suggested you are some kind of pervert and or child molestor or murderer.

You get adamant with me and insist you are right and suggest I am the moron. If your explanation was demeaning - I can absolutely say I probably called you an "ass".:S:D Definitely not going to dwell on it....although it is not a terminology I normally use.

I did suggest you were an FBI plant.

B|:):ph34r::D

Have you EVER been married? Probably not or it was so long ago you forgot what it is to try to tell a woman something!

The FBI would LOVE to solve NORJACK. That's my opinion.

What about someone else other than the FBI solving Norjack.....would they like that? Has to be some ego involved.

The FBI is like a black hole, sucking all information in from various sources. Little of that vast wealth of information they have trickles back out to the public.

AND what they do release back to the public is barely readable, because they have the worst Xerox copy machines in the world. ;)

D.B. Cooper parachute, tie displayed for first time

SeattlePi article on the upcoming WSHM Cooper Exhibit opening.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/D-B-Cooper-parachute-tie-displayed-for-first-4749773.php

Jo wrote

Those who have not will find a reason to sue and the system will provide them a free lawyer.

Finding a free lawyer to represent a non celebrity plaintiff in a civil defamation case is almost unheard of.

Glad you aren't going to sue anyone Jo.

Bruce isnt a litigious guy. He isnt going to sure anyone. You may not like him but he and other reporters perform a very valuable service in their investigations and yes even in their muck raking. Bruce is one of the few people on here who touch anything more than a keyboard in pursuit of DB Cooper. You do Jo, you came to WA and investigated.

Most, myself included, dont do much feet on the ground investigating. Bruce digs deep and has contributed a lot to what we know. His chute investigation uncovered new facts and he didn't offend anyone doing it.

Trying to interview Tina was intrusive but she is a public figure and it goes with the territory. I don't like it that she felt harassed and distressed, but knocking on her door and seeking an interview isnt a crime or a breach of journalism ethics as far as I know.

Blevins is a reporter too and has done some good work. I dont agree with all his theories and conclusions about KC but he knows how to investigate and writes well. Some of the pieces he has written on non Cooper topics are exceptional. He has talent.

I love reporters who stir things up. That's how coverups, corruption and other social cancers are revealed and eradicated. Would I like it if they came after me? Hell no. I'd be pissed off just like Tina was. But the big societal picture is more important than the small personal one. We should be grateful for journalists who are sceptical and inquistive.

AND what they do release back to the public is barely readable, because they [the FBI] have the worst Xerox copy machines in the world.

Yep. It's always been that way. I remember getting FBI documents in criminal cases and they'd look like 10th generation copies, speckled blurs. You'd sometimes see the prosecutor reading crystal clear copies of the same documents.

Not a bad idea. If you have to produce data agsinst your will, make it as noisy as possible. Those FBI SAs arent dumb.

I have a friend, a lawyer, who is a former FBI SA. He worked in the NW and knew Himmelsbach. The FBI really wanted to solve NORJACK, trust me on that one Jo.

mrshutter45

Jo, how many of them were sued for saying something online? zero I'll bet.

:):DAre you giving me a get out of Jail Free Card and guarantee NO laws Suit - if I tell ALL of the sordid thing I "think" about BRUCE? NOTE the KEY word "think".

This is harmful to individuals who have already been subjected to far more harm than is normal due to the case being a public enitity (unsolved case).

He does need to be more selective in how he talks about REAL people and realize that others might NOT always have kind things to say about him. I can think of a lot of select names - infact words he has used about others like myself!

Now you can BET his book will call me ALL kinds of things - so maybe I better save my ammunition for when he publishes his book.:o
You think!

Quade, shouldnt you insert the word "derogatory" before "POST" in that ban criteria?

If I said Bruce was a good reporter, or Tom Kaye was the person who found the "Tie Tanium", I'd violate it as it's now written.

I am not trying to be a nit picker. I'd be delighted to see personal insult posts stop. The ban criteria should be crystal clear.

From Seattle P. I.:

Starting Saturday, visitors to the Tacoma museum can look over some of $200,000 Cooper was handed following the November 1971 hijacking, as well as his clip-on tie and parachuting equipment.

My Cooper twenty (loaned to the museum) is a star! Wonder if they managed to get more bills?

My Cooper twenty (loaned to the museum) is a star! Wonder if they managed to get more bills?

It's interesting, out of the 3 Bundles found by Ingram, 200 dollars was missing (ten 20 dollar bills) AND all of the 20's were missing from one bundle.

Would you mind to disclose the serial number on your 20?

testxyz

It's interesting, out of the 3 Bundles found by Ingram, 200 dollars was missing (ten 20 dollar bills) AND all of the 20's were missing from one bundle.

If all of the 20's were missing from one bundle, then what was left to indicate that it was a bundle? Please remember that all of the bills were 20s.

testxyz

Didn't Gray say in his book that the bundles were not all exact and that some had more than others to give the appearance that it was quickly put together? I read that somewhere, I think it was Grays book.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

ParrotheadVol

Would you mind to disclose the serial number on your 20?[/quote

Didn't Gray say in his book that the bundles were not all exact and that some had more than others to give the appearance that it was quickly put together? I read that somewhere, I think it was Grays book.

Not sure about Gray but Ckret said that. And no bundle had
consecutive serial numbers as Geivette (sp?) says. It was a rushed job ... Ckret said.

Testxyz wrote

Maybe Blevins can tell you my Cooper twenty serial number. It's on my authenticity certificate but it isn't handy at the moment.

It's the real thing though. Matched the FBI list and isn't counterfeit. At least I hope not.

Imagine if all the Tena Bar money was a clever hoax. ;)

Jo wrote

Freedom of SPEECH does NOT mean that we can make known to the world things that are distateful and unproven....

Did KC die of AIDS?

What NWA employees did he have relationships with?

What NWA employees that Kenny knew or had a relationship with, died of AIDS?

Anyone know?

georger

consecutive serial numbers as Geivette (sp?) says. It was a rushed job ... Ckret said.

I went back a few weeks ago and read some of the original forum that got locked. I guess that's where I read it.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

ParrotheadVol

I went back a few weeks ago and read some of the original
forum that got locked. I guess that's where I read
it.

I know Ckret explained how the money was
processed, recorded, then bundled, but Im not sure in what
thread. Just do a search and see if something comes up.

One anecdote came up during the Kaye work. Somebody
surfaced and suggested there never had been bands on the
bundles but paper straps ... this sent Ckret scurrying. Ckret
contacted Brian, I contacted Brian, Brian contacted his mother
etc etc ... Brian's mother confirmed 'yes' it was bands on the
money not paper straps, and then a bank official confirmed
'bands and not straps' ... but it had us going in circles for a few
days all based on Ckret's original certification it was bands and
not paper straps, not to mention FBI documents which stated
"bands" and said nothing about straps. Such is the life of the
lowly researcher ... anything can come up.

Blevins wrote

After college, and before Shemya and NWA, he took a job down there as a radio operator for a while.

Tell us more about KCs radio operator history. Where did he receive training? Just curious.

Regarding Georger's questions on how KC died and his sexuality: I don't recall ever denying that Kenny was gay. And you knew when you asked that Kenny did not die of AIDS. I DO recall your comments about his sexuality where you try to use it like a stick to 'prove' Kenny couldn't have been the hijacker. I merely downplayed his sexuality, because it isn't proof of anything Cooper one way or another.

Everyone knows Kenny died of cancer in 1994. This may have been brought on by his stay on Bikini Atoll during the nuke testing that was going on there back then. After college, and before Shemya and NWA, he took a job down there as a radio operator for a while.

[I DO recall your comments about his sexuality where you try to use it like a stick to 'prove' Kenny couldn't have been the hijacker.]

I have never made any such statement in my life! Why would I?
What has Kenny's sexuality got to do with hijacking? Show me
where I made such comments?

There is a very high correlation between AIDS (auto immune
disorder) and a number of cancers, in case you don't know.
Some types of cancer occur so often in people with AIDS that
they are considered AIDS-defining conditions. Such a high
percentage of people with full blown AIDS die of cancer, AIDS
itself is often confused with being cancer.

So let me rephrase this to avoid your hedging: Did Kenny have
AIDS when he died of cancer? My guess is you don't know and
have never seen Kenny's medical records, but will continue
peddling cancer in any event?

Likewise, you avoided answering the question about fellow NWA
employees Kenny did have relationships with. Did any of them
die and had AIDS?

Now, I did say the above. You can quote me!

I have never made any such statement in my life! Why would I?
What has Kenny's sexuality got to do with hijacking? Show me
where I made such comments?

There is a very high correlation between AIDS (auto immune
disorder) and a number of cancers, in case you don't know.
Some types of cancer occur so often in people with AIDS that
they are considered AIDS-defining conditions. Such a high
percentage of people with full blown AIDS die of cancer, AIDS
itself is often confused with being cancer.

So let me rephrase this to avoid your hedging: Did Kenny have
AIDS when he died of cancer? My guess is you don't know and
have never seen Kenny's medical records, but will continue
peddling cancer in any event?

Likewise, you avoided answering the question about fellow NWA
employees Kenny did have relationships with. Did any of them
die and had AIDS?

Now, I did say the above. You can quote me!

Kenny's death certificate says he died of cancer. To answer your other questions, 'no,' 'no,' and 'none known'.

You say this:

'I have never made any such statement in my life! Why would I? What has Kenny's sexuality got to do with hijacking? Show me where I made such comments?'

Your post alone shows you are engaging in homophobia. Big time. I don't have to go back to your previous posts. Your present post above speaks for itself. Anything else, you'll have to talk to his doctor. Nothing you've posted addresses a thing Kenny may have been doing on 11/24/1971, but only when he died in 1994.

How does my merely stating the factual connection between cancer(s) and AIDS make me "homophobic"?

If I say F = MA is that homophobic too?

If I ask: "Did Kenny have relationships with fellow NWA
employees off the job, and did any of them die of cancer or
AIDS" ... is merely asking that homophobic?

The relationship of this to the hijacking YOU allege Kenny did
is automatic in so far as we need to know Kenny's network of
real-life relationships. You have defined one set of relationships
including Geestman you claim served the purpose of doing the
Cooper hijacking.

If there are other relationships in Kenny's life you have failed to
explore or give proper meaning to, could not some of those
relationships have also been part of the hijacking conspiracy you
claim Kenny (and Geestman) put together, which others Kenny
knew could confirm (you say), if they only would confirm it to
you.

If I called them up and they confirmed it to ME and not YOU,
would that make me homophobic, according to you?

The question is simple: Have you covered 'all' of the primary
relationships Kenny C. had? Some of which may be fellow NWA
employees, who happened to die of AIDS?

Is your "formula" correct?

What is homphobic of me about asking about that!?

Are you saying I am homophobic simply because I think?

BTW: was Kenny in a registry of people with AIDS or sexually
transmitted diseases? You've never mentioned anything about
that, presumably because I guess you dont think HIV and
Kenny's cancer is related, or perhaps his was just cancer and
nothing else. The problem is, you havent documented anything!

And in the meantime your exercise tonight labeling me a
Homophobic, shows you are free to label others, while the
rest of us are prohibited! That is a special privelege only you
enjoy here!

:D