11 11
quade

DB Cooper

Is anyone planning to attend the Cooper exhibition/symposium in Tacoma, WA this August?

Unware it was actually planned and dates set and location set!
Frankly I don't think it will fly this yr unless the FBI appears to make a statement and I don't expect that until NOV.

I stay out of the public eye and have since 2001. Do want to know the date of the museum opening and that is all I am interested in.

If any of the crew and the FBI are going to be at a function and "they" ask me I will try to be there. The Co-pilot once told me WE need to end this, but his illness got in the way. This was when I put him intouch with Tina.

Also want Duane's ashes poured our of plane along the fight route - My daughter wants this also. She told me it was the most appropriate thing I could do... .and then walk away and say GOOD BY! I will keep a little of him to take to Lorraine where he was born and I will be buried in Ohio with my Jim.

I will only be with the crew and will not be make a presentation as I do not do well in crowds or with cameras and microphones. No invitation has been offered. I think it more appropriate if there was an FBI spokes person to be make a short annoucement with a question and answer session.

The case IS being CLOSED and it will BE OFFICIAL. Perhaps behind closed doors. IT is anyones guess at this time.

Perhaps an agent blowing smoke to keep people like me away. I expect by AUGUST I will be moving to GA. My daughter will be here this wk end and she has something to talk to me about.

She knows I have wanted to move to N. Georgia and to escape the horrid heat and humidity here. She knows I do NOT like PEOPLE in my face, next door or up over my head - need a cottage just for me with a guest room.

My extreme allergies do not allow me to be around closed hall ways. I have to have a front and rear entrance of my own and no stairs. She has never been to this house and I have been here since 2001. Anxious to see her - but she knows I won't be able to live on my own for much longer. Have NO idea what she has in mind.

I want to get my house on the market. Afraid I won't get enough to move me and put me in a suitable home. The market here is horrid....and I do not think the house or I will survive another hurricane.

You guys won't be puttin up with me much longer.

So much I have to do this yr, but don't know how much I can do.
Could use about 5 strong men to pack and unpack a moving truck.
Cheaper for mover to bring in the truck and the owner pack it..

Then they come by hook it up and away they go with it. Less damage when you do your own packing. I don't know I will make this all by myself and I have so many things I do not want to part with.

Afraid a move will do me in, but if I stay a hurricane will do me in. In 2004 we stayed and there was lots of damage and we had a blue roof and no air - I kept a swamp coolers going on my husband because of his cancer...one of the neigbors allow me to use an cord from her house to my to run that fan with Ice infront of it. (she had a generator. Had grill to cook on, but I don't know if it still works.

Hope I get moved this summer and get away from FL - I hate it here. I need to be near a universtiy so I can do what I have done all my life - go to clases and most of them let seniors attend free.....maybe I should just travel....but not fun all by yourself.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Amazon wrote

Does that whole pope thing count???

Hey its HISTORICAL... its been 600 years since its happened during the pope-antipope era

You gonna apply for the job Amazon? If you do get it please choose your butler carefully.

I think Snowmman would make a fine Pope. He's currently in negotiation with the College of Cardinals but they've stalled on the celibacy thing.

Can you believe they are letting Archbishop Mahoney help elect the next Pope? Liberal guy, revered by Latino immigrants, but he should be in jail for his role in covering up child sexual abuse by priests. As one guy said on tonight's news, "it's a college of cardinals, not angels"

What does this have to do with Cooper? Not much, unless we can tie it to Tina's sister act.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Is anyone planning to attend the Cooper exhibition/symposium in Tacoma, WA this August?

Unware it was actually planned and dates set and location set!
Frankly I don't think it will fly this yr unless the FBI appears to make a statement and I don't expect that until NOV.

I stay out of the public eye and have since 2001. Do want to know the date of the museum opening and that is all I am interested in.

If any of the crew and the FBI are going to be at a function and "they" ask me I will try to be there. The Co-pilot once told me WE need to end this, but his illness got in the way. This was when I put him intouch with Tina.

Also want Duane's ashes poured our of plane along the fight route - My daughter wants this also. She told me it was the most appropriate thing I could do... .and then walk away and say GOOD BY! I will keep a little of him to take to Lorraine where he was born and I will be buried in Ohio with my Jim.

I will only be with the crew and will not be make a presentation as I do not do well in crowds or with cameras and microphones. No invitation has been offered. I think it more appropriate if there was an FBI spokes person to be make a short annoucement with a question and answer session.

The case IS being CLOSED and it will BE OFFICIAL. Perhaps behind closed doors. IT is anyones guess at this time.

Perhaps an agent blowing smoke to keep people like me away. I expect by AUGUST I will be moving to GA. My daughter will be here this wk end and she has something to talk to me about.

She knows I have wanted to move to N. Georgia and to escape the horrid heat and humidity here. She knows I do NOT like PEOPLE in my face, next door or up over my head - need a cottage just for me with a guest room.

My extreme allergies do not allow me to be around closed hall ways. I have to have a front and rear entrance of my own and no stairs. She has never been to this house and I have been here since 2001. Anxious to see her - but she knows I won't be able to live on my own for much longer. Have NO idea what she has in mind.

I want to get my house on the market. Afraid I won't get enough to move me and put me in a suitable home. The market here is horrid....and I do not think the house or I will survive another hurricane.

You guys won't be puttin up with me much longer.

So much I have to do this yr, but don't know how much I can do.
Could use about 5 strong men to pack and unpack a moving truck.
Cheaper for mover to bring in the truck and the owner pack it..

Then they come by hook it up and away they go with it. Less damage when you do your own packing. I don't know I will make this all by myself and I have so many things I do not want to part with.

Afraid a move will do me in, but if I stay a hurricane will do me in. In 2004 we stayed and there was lots of damage and we had a blue roof and no air - I kept a swamp coolers going on my husband because of his cancer...one of the neigbors allow me to use an cord from her house to my to run that fan with Ice infront of it. (she had a generator. Had grill to cook on, but I don't know if it still works.

Hope I get moved this summer and get away from FL - I hate it here. I need to be near a universtiy so I can do what I have done all my life - go to clases and most of them let seniors attend free.....maybe I should just travel....but not fun all by yourself.

The symposium will be just down the road for me -- anything Cooper has got to be a good time. I teach statistics at McChord AFB, so it's just a drive across town for me. It should be a good time.

It may be hard (maybe even impossible) for most of us to have invested so much into the DBC case, then just pretty much walk away -- if that's what Gray actually did. That would be a tough thing to do, for me anyway.

Anyhow.... I always meet someone who makes it worth my while to have gone to all the effort to get to the party -- it happened at the Portland Symposium 2011 and it happened at Ariel this year. Show up, I always say, you'll be glad you did.

Jo, I empathize with your trepidation in comtemplating moving. I've moved so many times over the years. It's never easy, believe me, I know. However, I am familiar with the northern part of Georgia -- beautiful area. I took a little trip once up to Chattanooga, from Atlanta.

I have some questions to bring to the table, but I'll save it for another time.

MeyerLouie

Skyjack 71 says in part:

'Unware it was actually planned and dates set and location set! Frankly I don't think it will fly this yr unless the FBI appears to make a statement and I don't expect that until NOV.

Also want Duane's ashes poured out of plane along the flight route...'

On the last item, this is impossible unless you plan on flying a Cessna or a prop job plane. You could do air scatter on the ashes by paying someone at your nearest airstrip a few bucks. I'm sure they would do this for you.

Here is the place where the museum display and symposium are being held in August. You should make a shortcut on your desktop to it and check back from time to time.

I'm planning to do a slideshow display with some updated images, give a short talk and take questions. That's it. I'm giving them the loan of the countertop piece found by Scott Rolle of Decoded in the attic of KC's house in Bonney Lake. No big deal, but they need stuff to display.

My understanding is that Geoff Gray will be there. My bet is that Meyer Louie, Bruce Smith, and 377 will show up. I have no idea who else, or what will happen. They are probably still putting it all together. It's a museum. Have to contact them, go through channels, etc.

KickAss Oregon History and the folks with Doug Kenck-Crispin will almost certainly show with something. That's all I know. I don't get out much lately. Need to change that soon. B|

Contact info at the museum:
Business Line
(253) 272-3500

Information Line
(253) 272-9747

Fax Line
(253) 272-9518

General Email: receptionist@wshs.wa.gov

Blevins wrote

... he [Gray] says Cooper isn't his whole life, but just a chapter of it and he's moved on.

Amazing guy that Gray is. That boy can smoke crack and just move on.

The rest of us live for the pipe. ;)

Some are addicted ALL the drugs...not just one! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Amazon wrote

Does that whole pope thing count???

Hey its HISTORICAL... its been 600 years since its happened during the pope-antipope era

You gonna apply for the job Amazon? If you do get it please choose your butler carefully.

I think Snowmman would make a fine Pope. He's currently in negotiation with the College of Cardinals but they've stalled on the celibacy thing.

Can you believe they are letting Archbishop Mahoney help elect the next Pope? Liberal guy, revered by Latino immigrants, but he should be in jail for his role in covering up child sexual abuse by priests. As one guy said on tonight's news, "it's a college of cardinals, not angels"

What does this have to do with Cooper? Not much, unless we can tie it to Tina's sister act.

Nah.... no way in hell, I still have scars on my knukcles from a nuns ruler that hit on the metal edgeback in grade school. We need not mention its a boy's only club even if they do all wear RED

You could always do a Tandem Jump Ashdive at Skydive Toledo Washington. ( it is the closest DZ to the area where DB Cooper jumped) I am sure I could hook you up with some people I jump with there. .....really.... :)
I would do the video for you :)

Well hello DZ colleagues, this is MeyerLouie, your friendly 'banned Blevins basher.' I saw JT's post, I had to come on and give him a big welcome back. It's been along time, Jerry. I hope you are well.

I have been checking out Sluggo's website and I have also been reading some of the early DZ posts. In some ways, that's where some of the best conversation, information, and insight into the case occurred. That early DZ stuff was great -- before Jerry Springer got involved here, and decided to stay.

Is Blevins still around? Does a bear shit in the woods? Ha! I'm betting he's got other people very frustrated too. As you all know, I lost my cool with him. It might be better to just deflect -- I was taught to just ignore annoying people and eventually they will go away -- if not physically then at least in one's mind as one changes one's attitude about the person. My opinion of Blevins and where I stand are crystal clear. It won't be necessary to rehash the same old stuff. I am happier when I am on task and focused on the case -- the evidence and information.

Did I wish you all a Happy New Year? If not, Happy New Year y'all. And just in case I get banned again real soon, here's to wishing you Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Presidents' Day, Happy St. Patty's Day, and Happy Easter.

MeyerLouie

Hey Meyer. Just got in, been a long day, but much
accomplished. Welcome back. Take care. You know
what I mean ....

Yes, there is some good material in those early days.
Was more problem oriented back then I think ... in
spite of JT! (thats a joke - he's reading this). :D
Take care.. take care.. later.
G.

Thanks for the kind words, and I will continue reading more of the early posts. I find them very informative. Be well. MeyerLouie

Georger, the early posts ask some very good questions about facts and evidence. It would be nice to revisit some of thoses issues -- not to re-hash things over, but maybe to bring new light, new blood, to the discussion -- just a thought.

I got a PM from an old friend today. We went to college in Eastern Washington -- years ago. Jeff K, if you're here, how the heck are you? I was not able to reply to your PM. Send me an email or post, and I'll email you or PM back. It's been a long time.

MeyerLouie

You could always do a Tandem Jump Ashdive at Skydive Toledo Washington. ( it is the closest DZ to the area where DB Cooper jumped) I am sure I could hook you up with some people I jump with there. .....really.... :)

reply]

NO WAY I could do a tandem jump - my bones are WAY too brittle. At the present time I have upper and lower nerve damage due to impingements and one Neurosurgeon wanted to put me in surgery saying if I was in an automobile and hit from the rear or took a fall I could be a paraplegic. DID not tell me what the alternatives are and only offered surgery. The second opinion wanted to do steroids injection and I said NO.

I am doing it MY way - I do not have the time or the energy for another surgery! I need to get out of this house NOW not 2 yrs from now. I have delayed the inevitable for way too long and now I have so much to do and do NOT know how I will do it all.

I have sat in this house and grieved for the 2 men I loved and fought a war I had won in the first 5 yrs. I have not sacrificed my health and my quality of life for nothing. I have won many battles over the yrs and NO ONE wants to get in MY WAY when I have made a decision and MOVE FORWARD!

Right now the decision is to GO forward with what I should have done in 2001, but NO I wanted to have NO doubts and didn't want anyone to make fun of me.
TO HELL with WHAT anyone thinks - I will do it MY WAY!

Greetings everyone,

I have spent much of the past month endeavoring to learn the truth of Norjak as understood by the FBI agents who worked the case. In that time I have grown weary and angry at the endless stonewalling, silence and spin. Hence, I am taking a more direct approach.

What follows here and in posts to come is an "Open Letter" format. These posts come on the heels of multiple letters that I have sent the agents, visits to their homes, and emails or phone calls to their trusted associates.

The first is addressed to Special Agent Ralph Himmelsbach:

Greetings Ralph,

I was hoping you could shed some light on a few Norjak questions that have arisen.

Thanks,

Bruce A. Smith
(360) 832-6248, Pacific Time

1. Money Shards at Tina’s Bar

Several agents, most notably Mike McPheters and Dorwin Schreuder, have told me that they found many money fragments at Tina’s Bar during the retrieval in February 1980. They further said that they put them in plastic baggies. You describe corroborating information in your book, as well.

But where are they? Several people, such as Brian Ingram, Carol Abraczinskas, and Tom Kaye of the Citizen Sleuths have told me that the money shards and baggies are not in the evidence collection in Seattle.

Do you know where this evidence is? Were they stored in the Portland FO? If so, why? Was this common practice?

2. Other Evidence

I understand that other Norjak evidence was maintained separately outside of the Seattle FO, such as the cigarette butts being held in the Las Vegas FO, and the tie was outside of Seattle for a period of time in a place unknown to me.

Did you keep any Norjak evidence in the Portland FO? Or along similar lines, did you maintain separate Norjak files and records of suspects and findings? In general, can you tell me how your work was integrated into the efforts managed from Seattle?

3. Relationship between the Portland and Seattle FOs

Similarly, what was the nature of your relationship with Seattle, and specifically, Ron Nichols and Charlie Farrell? For instance, when did you inform Seattle of the money find at Tina’s Bar? Did Nichols come to the dig? Did he send agents from Seattle? What was Seattle’s role in the money retrieval, if any?

4. Tina Muckow and the Money Find

I understand from Jerry Thomas that you never spoke with or interviewed Tina Muckow, even when the money was found at a place called “Tina’s Bar,” which is located about fifteen miles from Mucklow’s then-current home in Gresham, Oregon. Further, Ms. Mucklow is rumored to have suffered a nervous breakdown during this time period, and subsequently in April 1972 was sequestered in the Carmelite monastery for the next twelve years even though she "never really fit in" according to reports from the Mother Superior. What is your perspective on all of this?

Why didn’t these developments warrant a call to your primary witness?

Greetings everyone,

I have spent much of the past month endeavoring to learn the truth of Norjak as understood by the FBI agents who worked the case. In that time I have grown weary and angry at the endless stonewalling, silence and spin. Hence, I am taking a more direct approach.

What follows here and in posts to come is an "Open Letter" format. These posts come on the heels of multiple letters that I have sent the agents, visits to their homes, and emails or phone calls to their trusted associates.

This is the second letter and it is addressed to Ron Nichols, the Cooper case agent in Seattle from 1977 until his retirement.

Greetings Ron,

I was hoping you could shed some light on a few Norjak questions that have arisen.

Thanks,

Bruce A. Smith
(360) 832-6248 Pacific Time

1. Cigarette Butts

Apparently the eight cigarette butts retrieved at Reno went to Las Vegas FO and stayed there. Do you know why? Was there any attempt to recover them after they went missing?

2. Other Evidence

Other evidence was possibly not kept in Seattle, such as the money fragments found by Himmelsbach and his team in 1980 at Tina’s Bar. Why is this? Many money shards were retrieved by federal agents at Tina’s Bar, confirmed by numerous sources such as Special Agents McPheters and Schreuder, but none of it is in Seattle. Do you know where it all is? Are the money shards at the Portland FO? Do you know of any other evidence kept outside of Seattle?

3. Money Find

When did you learn that Norjak money had been discovered at Tina’s Bar? Did you visit the site, or send any agents from Seattle to assist in the retrieval?

4. Ingram Family Law Suit

What is your perspective on the law suit brought by the Ingram family to maintain custody of the money found by Brian in February 1980? Were you satisfied with the court’s ruling?

5. Analysis of the Money

Much has been said about the recent efforts by the Citizen Sleuths group to ascertain where the money resided until discovery. Did your office conduct any similar forensic analysis of the money? What kind of technology did you use? Electron microscopes? Electron spectroscopy? Did you look for chemical and biological residues? Evidence of pollen, diatoms, and other natural life forms? What were your findings?

6. Tina Mucklow

What is your perspective on the relationship between Tina Mucklow and the money find at Tina’s Bar? Do you see any connection or meaning to the money being found fifteen miles from Tina’s home in Gresham in February 1980, or her rumored nervous breakdown that followed during that time period, and then her sequestering in the Carmelite monastery by April, 1980?

7. Richard McCoy

Russ Calame, the Salt Lake City SAC in April 1972 has written extensively about the relationship of Richard McCoy to the Norjak case. Further, Calame has told me that he had daily conversations with the Seattle FO about McCoy. What is your opinion of McCoy’s involvement in Norjak? How do you evaluate the physical evidence that Calame has presented that indicates McCoy was not at home on Thanksgiving, 1971, and was in fact in Las Vegas? Do you know when – and why – the Seattle FO reversed its position on this matter? They now claim that McCoy was at home in Provo, Utah during the Cooper skyjacking.

8. Reno

What is your analysis of the evidence retrieval in Reno? Calame says it was botched. Further, he writes in his book that when his co-author Bernie Rhodes interviewed the agents from the recovery team they seemed to be “under the influence of a post-hypnotic suggestion.”

9. Clip-on Tie

Do you know why the clip-on tie entered the evidentiary collection in Seattle FO four days late?

Bruce - I addressed some of the question with Mr. H many yrs ago after one of the Cooper Seekers made a claim:

2. Other Evidence

I understand that other Norjak evidence was maintained separately outside of the Seattle FO, such as the cigarette butts being held in the Las Vegas FO, and the tie was outside of Seattle for a period of time in a place unknown to me.

What JO was told, but do not remember who told me this:

I was told RENO and it was not submitted as evidence for 4 days or 4 hrs?
THEREFORE why DNA from the tie has been an unsuccessful effort.

2. Did you keep any Norjak evidence in the Portland FO? Or along similar lines, did you maintain separate Norjak files and records of suspects and findings? In general, can you tell me how your work was integrated into the efforts managed from Seattle?

JT claimed that Mr. H had some files at his home - but we all know that IS not true. JT even told me that when the FBI was disposing of files - that Mr. H wanted them.....how MANY OF ARE GULLIBLE ENOUGH To BELIEVE AN agent actually had original files in his home?
Mr. H had personal files he acquired from his own office is a more likely senario. The FBI would not dispose of files? Would they?

This is the third letter I have sent out this week and it is addressed to John Detlor, one of the key agents who worked the Norjak case from the very beginning. He worked closely with the initial Norjak case agent Charlie Farrell, who died several years ago. Although John was conversent with me initially, he is currently unresponsive to my phone calls and emails. He seems to be one of those agents who falls into the category of "One and Done," meaning that I speak to them once and then they decline all further contact.

John said he would try to help me contact the Farrell family, but I have not heard from them at all.

Greetings John,

I haven't heard from anyone in the Farrell family. Alas.

Also, I haven't been able to hear anything directly from Ron Nichols or Don Glasser.

Nevertheless, I have some questions about the Seattle FO and Norjak that I was hoping you might be able to shed some light upon:

1. Were you or anyone from Seattle involved in the Reno evidence retrieval?

2. Do you know why the tie got to Seattle four days after the other physical evidence?

3. Do you know why the cigarette butts never went to Seattle but apparently stayed in Las Vegas FO, as reported by Larry Carr?

4. Numerous agents on the money retrieval at Tina's Bar in 1980 report finding money shards and placing them in plastic baggies. Yet, no shards or baggies are in the evidentiary collection in the Seattle FO. Do you know where they are? Are they in Portland FO?

5. How would you describe the working relationship between Ralph Himmelsbach in Portland and the Norjak agents in Seattle FO? Did Himmelsbach and the Portland FO maintain any Norjak evidence there, and not send it to Seattle?

6. Himmelsbach never talked with Tina Mucklow, the primary witness, despite the money being found at a place called Tina's Bar at a time when Tina lived about fifteen miles away in Gresham, Oregon. Tina is reported to have had a nervous breakdown shortly thereafter, and was sequestered in a Carmelite monastery by April 1970. Did any agents from Seattle investigate this occurrence? If not, why not? If so, what were their determinations?

7. Did you ever interview Tina? Did Charlie? Can you report any findings of those conversations?

8. Russ Calame, the SAC Salt Lake City, has written that the Seattle FO strongly believed that McCoy was involved in the Cooper skyjacking. Do you? If so, how was McCoy involved?

9. Larry Carr says that the Seattle FO reversed its original position on McCoy's alibi, and now believes that McCoy was at home in Provo, Utah at the time of the Cooper skyjacking despite multiple pieces of hard evidence from Calame's team that McCoy was in Las Vegas during the Thanksgiving holiday and prior. Do you know why this reversal took place? Do you support it?

10. Calame also reports in his book that the agents that were involved in the evidence retrieval in Reno seemed to be operating "under the influence of a post-hypnotic suggestions" when investigator and co-author Bernie Rhodes interviewed them in the mid-1980s. Was this allegation ever investigated? Do you know what findings may have been uncovered?

Thanks,
Bruce
(360) 832-6248
Pacific Time

Would anyone like to claim authorship of these letters? They were posted on the Mountain News a year ago and since then I have been endeavoring to learn who wrote them.

They're intriguing. The first one is from someone who signed in as "Agent Dueces." I have long wondered if the "Mr. N" is Special Agent Ron Nichols and the "Mr. G" is Special Agent Don Glasser.

The Second Letter is from someone who called himself "nichols."

Letter Number One:

Agent Deuces commented on DB Cooper - 40th Anniversary celebrations include first-ever professional symposium on America's only unsolved skyjacking

"Mr. Smith:
You are a terrific journalist and we await your new book. We think you will set the tone straight, without all of the egomaniacal activities of other so-called journalists, one in particular.
A point to make, we understand that Ralph Himmelsbach (retired) did not attend the Portland or Ariel events. This is unfortunate, as we were hoping that YOU would interview him. Your earlier assertion was correct, that he never interviewed Tina Mucklow. We know this for a fact, as we worked the NORJAK case from Seattle FO, the office of origin for the case. Apparently, Mr. Himmelsbach still knows better to stay away from these kind of media-driven events. We are sure that he was warned again, even though he is in advanced years.
Keep up, Mr. Smith. you're on the right track.

Sincerely,
Mr. N and Mr. G.

Letter Number Two:

nichols says:
November 30, 2011 at 1:45 am (Edit)

bruce, forget about being in competition with blevins. there isn’t any. he’s neurotic and facing little man syndrome. i’ve seen the DZ and its VERY evident. this so-called expert in everything who goes by 377 enjoys the roost. he knows nothing about db cooper. he’s just in the game to cause disharmony. that’s evident too. we know dormuth. no such thing that blevins states about mr. dormuth is true. dormuth is one of us and YOU are on the right path with the witness. keep digging. the truth will be shocking and its not coming from the DZ. you’re closer than you think. g’night.

Would anyone like to claim authorship of these letters? They were posted on the Mountain News a year ago and since then I have been endeavoring to learn who wrote them.

They're intriguing. The first one is from someone who signed in as "Agent Dueces." I have long wondered if the "Mr. N" is Special Agent Ron Nichols and the "Mr. G" is Special Agent Don Glasser.

The Second Letter is from someone who called himself "nichols."

Letter Number One:

Agent Deuces commented on DB Cooper - 40th Anniversary celebrations include first-ever professional symposium on America's only unsolved skyjacking

"Mr. Smith:
You are a terrific journalist and we await your new book. We think you will set the tone straight, without all of the egomaniacal activities of other so-called journalists, one in particular.
A point to make, we understand that Ralph Himmelsbach (retired) did not attend the Portland or Ariel events. This is unfortunate, as we were hoping that YOU would interview him. Your earlier assertion was correct, that he never interviewed Tina Mucklow. We know this for a fact, as we worked the NORJAK case from Seattle FO, the office of origin for the case. Apparently, Mr. Himmelsbach still knows better to stay away from these kind of media-driven events. We are sure that he was warned again, even though he is in advanced years.
Keep up, Mr. Smith. you're on the right track.

Sincerely,
Mr. N and Mr. G.

Letter Number Two:

nichols says:
November 30, 2011 at 1:45 am (Edit)

bruce, forget about being in competition with blevins. there isn’t any. he’s neurotic and facing little man syndrome. i’ve seen the DZ and its VERY evident. this so-called expert in everything who goes by 377 enjoys the roost. he knows nothing about db cooper. he’s just in the game to cause disharmony. that’s evident too. we know dormuth. no such thing that blevins states about mr. dormuth is true. dormuth is one of us and YOU are on the right path with the witness. keep digging. the truth will be shocking and its not coming from the DZ. you’re closer than you think. g’night.

Some of the phrases used in the comments are identical to ones traced back to Bob Knoss (and later deleted by Regina Winkles) at her Wordpress article. I still have a PDF containing all 400 of the original comments, and I know which ones belonged to Knoss. (About one in five were his) His IP address was identified by Regina from comments he made under his real name, and then compared to ones he made at the article under phony names. The IP matched. Regina then banned him from posting any further comments. Later, she deleted most of his comments along with many others where usernames were cloned from people posting at Dropzone. These cloned names included Georger, Georgerette, Gayla, yours truly, and others, including using Carr's name and 'Seattle FBI Field Office'. It was getting ridiculous.

The webmaster and Matt Mullenburg, (co-founder of Wordpress) received copies of a PDF I created from all the 400+ comments. Basically, Knoss went completely nutzoid on Regina's article and was caught cold. Regina was forced to remove more than half the comments (she's a nice lady with a lot of articles published) otherwise Wordpress was going to delete her account and ALL her articles.

It's almost certainly Knoss. Perhaps you would not know that, sure. But you should have figured out right away they weren't written by any current or former FBI agents. Here's why:

1) Writer starts with obvious personal vendetta going, a thing real FBI agents are unlikely to do. Writer refers to 'we,' which is an effort to establish credibility for the post which doesn't really exist.

2) Many uncapitalized words where they shouldn't be, with very 'stilted' grammar. Whomever wrote the comments has a really poor grasp of grammar and basic English rules. This doesn't describe your typical FBI field agent. They are college-educated, usually with good grades, or they don't get in.

3) Writer is misinformed on facts regarding Himmelsbach and Dormuth. Writer is familiar with the users at Dropzone and has probably posted to the Cooper thread. Writer has an agenda bigger than the Sears Tower.

Note: Book editors have one skill if they've been in the biz for a while. They can often recognize 'style' in writing, almost like fingerprints. There are certain 'tells'. The second comment in particular, I would bet the farm belongs to one Bob Knoss. One thing that stands out is that the writer in the first comment starts out with flattery ('you are a great journalist') and then goes on a tirade. Not that you aren't a great journalist, but the writer isn't really saying that. He's trying to gain your support for his comments by USING flattery. And the comments about being FBI field agents who originally investigated the case are downright laughable. Read them again. Do they sound to you like REAL FBI agents wrote them?

One last point, Bruce: On the Regina article comments, some of the phony posts traced to Bob's IP also claimed to be from agents who originally worked the case. If you like, I will send you a copy of the PDF created before Regina deleted the Knoss comments.

There is one more possibility, but I don't like thinking about it. This points to someone who currently posts on this thread a LOT. By comparing your posted comments to similar comments posted on the Regina article and narrowing down the IP's, I may be able to find out. But for now, I believe they were probably made by Knoss.

I used to care how people thought of me NOW I do NOT give a DAMN!

Amongest the Cooperites is a SNAKE! YOU have been exposed! NOW look OUT, because I have what I NEED to finish this and YOU cannot STOP me with a " story". YOU have misled so many people in the past and in the thread, all the while trying to profit and to protect your own image. YOU are the lowest of the low! Records were concealed and only ONE person knew where to look and I was told there was NOTHING to be gained by going to a specific place. Now I know WHY! Even SNAKES leave tracks. You had NO idea someone would venture there on my behalf. You left your footprint.

One can destroy many things, but you forgot one little ole thing!
JUST what the HELL did YOU have to gain by your ACTIONS?
Notoriety? Covering up your own past? Perhaps YOU just needed to create your own Cooper and YOU had to be the man! HOW disgusting!

Yea! You bet your boopy I am madder than a wet hen in fact more like a rabid wolf and MY fanges are getting read to show!
NO GUNS, NO WORDS, NO THREATS will stop me - NOT now!
YOU won't even know I am there until I sink my fangs into your throat! I won't make if quick and fast - You will be tortured for a long time before the KILL! You Will be Exposed for what U are.

Only the individual this is directed at will know who he is!:):S

Jo wrote

YOU won't even know I am there until I sink my fangs into your throat! I won't make if quick and fast - You will be tortured for a long time before the KILL! You Will be Exposed for what U are.

Great imagery Jo. You've got the touch. Maybe you should write a vampire novel. They still sell.

What's got you so pissed off? No riddles please. Just facts and names.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

"It's almost certainly Knoss. Perhaps you would not know that, sure. But you should have figured out right away they weren't written by any current or former FBI agents. Here's why:"

KNOSS DID NOT POST THAT STUFF ON THAT SITE! Blevens is the one that keeps making that claim and I suspect is the responsible party. Look to the obvious because it was not Knoss. I admit it when I do something, but won't tolerate being railroaded by anyone, especially Bleep. Gotcha!

I used to care how people thought of me NOW I do NOT give a DAMN!

Amongest the Cooperites is a SNAKE! YOU have been exposed! NOW look OUT, because I have what I NEED to finish this and YOU cannot STOP me with a " story". YOU have misled so many people in the past and in the thread, all the while trying to profit and to protect your own image. YOU are the lowest of the low! Records were concealed and only ONE person knew where to look and I was told there was NOTHING to be gained by going to a specific place. Now I know WHY! Even SNAKES leave tracks. You had NO idea someone would venture there on my behalf. You left your footprint.

One can destroy many things, but you forgot one little ole thing!
JUST what the HELL did YOU have to gain by your ACTIONS?
Notoriety? Covering up your own past? Perhaps YOU just needed to create your own Cooper and YOU had to be the man! HOW disgusting!

Yea! You bet your boopy I am madder than a wet hen in fact more like a rabid wolf and MY fanges are getting read to show!

Only the individual this is directed at will know who he is!:):S

Anyone else reminded of "Snakes on a Plane".... :D
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Anyone else reminded of "Snakes on a Plane".... :D

Was that a movie or what?
I have been to 2 movies in the last 40 yrs. Beyond Rangoon 1996 and the one in 1971 where the girl turns her head completely around and is possessed by some demon. I believe it was called Possessed, ACTUAL sum total of movies I have gone to in 40 plus yrs.

I read books and watch TV (I have NO cable) just what comes on NBC, CBS, FOX, and ABC.

Every once in a while I will pick up one of the educational channels if the wave lenghts are just right. Some nights the TV is never turned on until the 10 PM News...and some nights I forget that.

I don't have anything to play movies disks on my tv or computer. Still have an old VCR, but it would not work with the converter box I had to have put on a few yrs ago. Now I can't view some of the VCR's I have of Cooper clips. Have NO way to convert them to DISK but I bought a little tiny Disk Player to view a couple of disk someone sent me.

I am NOT technogy equipped or smart. I have a CD player that holds 100 CD's - I have a difficult time figuring that out, but it was gift. It has a tape player for my tapes on it -I used to know how to work that, but
now all it does is detroy my old treasured tapes.

This is totally off-topic, but I suppose I should say something about it.

My kid brother Larry is over at Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup, and he's on life-support. They're going to turn off the machines in about half-an-hour, after the minister comes. People have been there all day, but his wife has requested she be alone with him and the minister for this final act. He was only 56. They put a stint into him not long ago. Something about a kidney stone. Then the thing got infected and he was rushed back to the hospital. Then he had a heart attack. They were able to get him back from that, but then his kidneys shut down for good and he went unconscious.

I got the phone call this morning, so I went out to the hospital to say goodbye. The really sad thing is that his wife just lost her mother last week as well. What an effed-up deal this all is for her.

I talked to Larry's kids for a while. One son, threee daughters. Told them some of the fun things Larry and I used to do when we were kids. Playing Army in the jungles on Guam back in the early 60's, when they still had tanks, brass, artillery, and live frickin' shells all over the island. Or the time I took him on a hike all around Mount Rainier on the Wonderland Trail (I was 14, he was 12) and then he decided he wanted to LIVE in the park and refused to hike with me out to the parking lot to meet our ride. Even though Larry was my stepbrother, he was the only brother I ever had. We met when I was seven years old and he was five.

The only way I finally got him to follow me out was to throw all the food into a lake. He got really mad that I ruined his opportunity to stay there for good. :)
He has a big family, and they were all at the hospital. Four kids, seven grandchildren, my sister Cathy, my other sister Noel, lots of friends. He was well-known in his hometown of Sumner, WA. You could just mention his name to anyone, and they knew who he was. He fished a lot and was a big-hearted guy. He was, in some ways, a better person than I will ever be. I will miss him. He saved my life twice when we were younger. Once, he pulled me out of Lake Tapps when I got too exhausted to make it back to shore. Another time, we were going down the White River on inner tubes and I got my legs stuck between a board I had placed between two inner tubes tied together. When my feet hit a snag, I flipped over and was rushing down the river upside down and couldn't free myself. Larry was always the better swimmer. He jumped off his tube and got underneath me and pulled me free of the board holding my legs pinned. I'm sure I looked stupid floating down that river with my legs up in the air.

In his will, Larry said he didn't want a church service with everyone crying. He wanted a wake. So that's what he's going to get. A party celebrating his life. It's been particularly hard on my dad, and unfortunately his health makes it impossible for him to fly up from Phoenix to attend. I will make sure to send pictures.

My condolences, Robert.

I'm glad you posted - I think this forum should have the room to share the comings and goings of people we care about.

On a personal note, I enjoy your narratives. The wacky camping trips, and your fondness for your Subaru, I'd like to hear more. What was it like to be on the set for the History Channel?

Also, did you ever find out what the story is with that guy you interviewed in Ariel who identified himself as Eric Sloan and then walked inside and became Dave Paul? I get pretty cranky when journalists start changing names on me as he did - my note-taking is messy enough.

BTW: Good Sam cardiac in Puyallup is where I got my stent. Tell the gang I say hi, and God Bless.

Oh, c'mon Jo, how do you really feel?

My condolences, Robert.

I'm glad you posted - I think this forum should have the room to share the comings and goings of people we care about.

On a personal note, I enjoy your narratives. The wacky camping trips, and your fondness for your Subaru, I'd like to hear more. What was it like to be on the set for the History Channel?

Also, did you ever find out what the story is with that guy you interviewed in Ariel who identified himself as Eric Sloan and then walked inside and became Dave Paul? I get pretty cranky when journalists start changing names on me as he did - my note-taking is messy enough.

BTW: Good Sam cardiac in Puyallup is where I got my stent. Tell the gang I say hi, and God Bless.

Had to edit the message. Forgot for a second that Larry had four kids, not three. I should probably tell you the other stuff privately. No one wants to hear about that History Channel stuff again. :)
I finally had to junk Little Subie for a Nissan truck. Replaced the timing belt and then it threw it again less than 15,000 miles later. After that, I decided it could no longer be trusted.

Eric Sloan/Dave Paul: I don't know. David Paul is supposed to be a famous radio DJ out of Georgia. I would have to go back and check the Ariel video.