47 47
quade

DB Cooper

why don'y you contact Clancy Crossroader who has known Cossey for 30 years, let them know all of your theories....
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

MartinBaker

I have never figured out why it is assumed Cooper did not know how to lower the aft airstairs? Why could he not have simply faked not knowing how to open it just to throw off investigators?

Is the young stew (Tina) still refusing to talk about the event , and is she still in a covent?

Of the passengers and crew aboard the a/c at the time of the hijacking, how many are still akive?

Welcome to the discussion Martin Baker.

All of the crew of Flight 305 are still alive with the exception of Captain Scott, who died of cancer in the 1990s.

Yes, Tina Mucklow is still refusing to talk to anyone, as far as I know. She left the convent in about 1991.

As for why DBC asked for assistence on lowering the sft stairs, all notions are speculative, as far as I know.

By the way, answers to your questions above and much more can be found at "Sluggo's" web site and mine, "The Mountain News-WA." Google them and add DB Cooper and you get directly to our sites.

***We agree on one thing. That the cops might have a reason to completely shut down outgoing info on Cossey's murder. They are more likely to do this when they are investigating a hot lead. When they have no leads, that's when they tend to go more public.

...etc....

I completely disagree, Robert. What police publicly say and what they don't has little bearing on the nature of the evidence that they possess.

It is my experience with LE that when they don't tell the public anything substantial, such as in the Cossey case, it means they want the story to go away. The want the media attention to die down and the public to forget about it.

The lack of public disclosure about Cossey is as important a clue as the lack of any real evidence in Norjak outside of the 5800 bucks. The real question is what does it all mean.

The watches have been done. The mouse I did my self. The knife will need special equipment - so as to show the thread in it and when it is open and then closed...careful NOT to loose any of the material within it!

I hope to have them ALL and in the mail to the FBI by Wed of next wk.

I WILL require a return reciept to be sure the FBI gets them. If they think the knife is of any merit for Dna and the cord in it - I guess that might have to be turned over to the FBI, but with a guarantee I will have it BACK in my possession is 3month or they can telll me who they want to analyaze it for cord and dna and I will take it to them, but it much be returned to me or to my children in 3 months.

The mouse - all they need is the pic I took myself.

After the FBI makes a reply - and acknowledges they have the pictures of the WATCH THEN the WATCH will be put on the site along with the mouse. I want to be sure Tina and Florence will be able to VIEW the watch pictures - not just the FBI saying they will. How I will accomplish this I do not know other than to try to get a newspaper to put them on a front page (good luck there).

Perhaps someone in this thread such as 377 would be a good candicate and he doesn't live to far from her - to get an appt and have her look at them and the other pictures the FBI never showed her.

After that is all done my house goes on the market and I am going to God only knows were.
But, I will need to be where there wiil be friends and family. I have started to get RID of thing. I will be preparing to move on, but don't know where or when.

I
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

***Blevins wrote:

]How do you KNOW it was a personal issue with Cossey? You don't know. ....

You just can't help yourself -- your outrageous, ridiculous statements never end. Maybe you didn't hear... Mr. Cossey was killed from blunt force trauma. Somebody struck Mr. Cossey and killed him. Now, if that isn't personal, then I don't know what is??!! What an idiotic statement, Blevins!

MeyerLouie

Okay. When the going gets tough, the tough go to an oldies concert and worry about the rest later. B|

What??!! When the going gets tough, the tough deflect. When the rubber meets the road, Blevins, change the subject. By the way, I never did like the lead singer of Jefferson Airplane, not once, ever.

MeyerLouie

RobertMBlevins

***why don'y you contact Clancy Crossroader who has known Cossey for 30 years, let them know all of your theories....

I'm keeping track of the Cossey case, but not investigating it. I think Bruce Smith would be better suited to do the contact. He's already done a couple of articles lately on Cossey at Mountain News.

Boy, Blevins, sounds like you are on top of things with the Cossey case. Let's hope they catch that burglar down the road a couple of blocks away and get to the bottom of all those burglaries in the neigborhood. Let me deflect to someone else -- I think I've got your story down cold, Occifer Blevins.

Bruce, paging Bruce Smith -- Man About Town, Journalist Extrordinaire --
The man who said, after watching one of Blevins' Auburn plays, "I've seen better acting in 'Fast Actin' Tenactin";
The guy who kept asking the waitress for a 'quickie' -- she said, "It's quiche!";
The guy who reported the number one question asked by college graduates today -- "Would you like fries with that, sir?"

Yeah -- that's what I'm talkin' about! That guy -- Bruce Smith!

Seriously now:

Bruce, I re-read your article about the Cossey report. I happen to notice you said news sources reported Cossey was killed in his garage. If so, my viewing of several 'forensic files' episodes said garages are notorious for being crime scene locations for homicides? f so, it might indicate premeditation. The so called burglary, then, would not be one of the "ordinary" neighborhood burglaries that Blevins has been obsessed with in all his posts. Rather, we might have a burglary that was planned and personal. Any thoughts or new information about that?

There's a lot more I want to say about this, but, unlike someone I know, I'm going to practice restraint and reserve comment.

MeyerLouie

it all makes sense, the guy was a"Cooper nut" and had been laying low. he stole a motorcycle (probably killed the owner) went back to his favorite spot because he was hungry, luck was once again in his favor, he noticed someone new moving in, went thru his things and munched his food and had a drink, then was seen leaving on a motorcycle.

I would check with the local police and see if any motorcycles have been stolen in the area. this is our guy! who else would commit and capitol crime weeks before and return to the area and steal food.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

BruceSmith

***We agree on one thing. That the cops might have a reason to completely shut down outgoing info on Cossey's murder. They are more likely to do this when they are investigating a hot lead. When they have no leads, that's when they tend to go more public.

...etc....

I completely disagree, Robert. What police publicly say and what they don't has little bearing on the nature of the evidence that they possess.

It is my experience with LE that when they don't tell the public anything substantial, such as in the Cossey case, it means they want the story to go away. The want the media attention to die down and the public to forget about it.

The lack of public disclosure about Cossey is as important a clue as the lack of any real evidence in Norjak outside of the 5800 bucks. The real question is what does it all mean.

I would agree with your statement if the crime was not a typical random crime. if in fact it was targeted towards Cossey, I could see the Police not wanting to update every other day........

South Florida is full of crime, I'll hear about a murder on television and won't hear anything further for months, or even see an update..very common down here....

RobertMBlevins

Meyer Louie says in part:

'Boy, Blevins, sounds like you are on top of things with the Cossey case. Let's hope they catch that burglar down the road a couple of blocks away and...'

Guess you missed the part where I said they ALREADY caught him. I suggested he should be questioned. Seemed like a reasonable thought, since he hit a house less than two blocks from Cossey's place. :S

Meyer Louie also says:

***'There's a lot more I want to say about this, but, unlike someone I know, I'm going to practice restraint and reserve comment...'

Slightly hypocritical statement. You've suggested previously he could have been murdered, or set up for murder, by his ex-wife. I wouldn't call that 'restraint'.

misdirected post #3,796.........you talking to Meyer or Shutter???????????????????????????

mrshutter45

***Meyer Louie says in part:

'Boy, Blevins, sounds like you are on top of things with the Cossey case. Let's hope they catch that burglar down the road a couple of blocks away and...'

Guess you missed the part where I said they ALREADY caught him. I suggested he should be questioned. Seemed like a reasonable thought, since he hit a house less than two blocks from Cossey's place. :S

Meyer Louie also says:

***'There's a lot more I want to say about this, but, unlike someone I know, I'm going to practice restraint and reserve comment...'

Slightly hypocritical statement. You've suggested previously he could have been murdered, or set up for murder, by his ex-wife. I wouldn't call that 'restraint'.

misdirected post #3,796.........you talking to Meyer or Shutter???????????????????????????

Blevins 'tangled web' never leads anywhere ... but to more
tangled webs of abstraction. [:/] Who is Blevins trying to
convince of what!? Does it ever matter? :D

georger

******Meyer Louie says in part:

Meyer Louie also says:

from what I gather, he is trying to prove it was a random burglary gone bad. he doesn't think the police can do this by themselves I guess? even though he said a while back that he wasn't going to update the case, but as you can clearly see this is not the case. I wonder how much longer before Detective Blevins puts the other unsolved Woodinville murders into this case? I think they were in 2001.....I'm kind of disappointed he hasn't updated us on those......they were nice people too...B|

mrshutter45

*********Meyer Louie says in part:

Meyer Louie also says:

from what I gather, he is trying to prove it was a random burglary gone bad. he doesn't think the police can do this by themselves I guess? even though he said a while back that he wasn't going to update the case, but as you can clearly see this is not the case. I wonder how much longer before Detective Blevins puts the other unsolved Woodinville murders into this case? I think they were in 2001.....I'm kind of disappointed he hasn't updated us on those......they were nice people too...B|

sounds like a community or area with a serious problem.
I wonder if they have a private security patrol for that area?
A few well placed security cameras would help too.

georger

************Meyer Louie says in part:

Meyer Louie also says:

sounds like a community or area with a serious problem.
I wonder if they have a private security patrol for that area?
A few well placed security cameras would help too.

I don't know what it's like in Washington, South Florida has camera's everywhere, private security in lot's of community's, including mine. the track record for that area isn't the best, but the police told the community they have nothing to fear, this tell me something was directed at Cossey, but let's see what they come up with...we have zero clues about the crime, so speculation can spin out of control..if they thought the person/persons was still in the area, the police would have alerted the community of the possibility of another strike, not just a common burglary...

RobertMBlevins

I'm not trying to prove anything. But let's see...someone breaks into Cossey's place. He's found dead in the garage. The stuff in his wallet is mailed back later. Couple of weeks later, another burglary just a stroll away from Cossey's house...and they CATCH this burglar. Tell me how it doesn't make sense the police should at least ask him his whereabouts at the time of Cossey's murder?

'Hello...(hello)...is there anybody IN there...'

Georger made fun of that idea. LOL no wonder he hasn't figured out Cooper yet. B|

And by the way Shutter...how come you didn't come down on Georger for misdirection, too? Or do you play pick-and-choose on that?

Big Black Bold Letters: 'Meyer Louie Says in Part'. Edited anyway.

how do you know it's the same MO as Cossey's case, you don't. they would know from looking at the report.
how do you know how many people were involved with Cossey's murder? we don't have any clue.......

I just looked at Georger's post, it looks to me as if he was replying to me.....

it's relevant it if is the same type of crime. I don't think this has anything to do with recent burglaries in the area.....we don't know this, because we don't have any knowledge of how this was done.

the police said this...."Nothing new on the Cossey case and I have been instructed not to discuss an [sic] motive at this time." it takes time to build a case, it's possible they already know what happened. I don't know....

wouldn't you think they would say it's the same guy doing the burglaries in the area? don't you think they would have undercover cops in the area if they believed it was the same guy doing this? murder gives the cops a little more attention and manpower over having 2 or 3 cops trying to catch the local thief for a couple weeks...

Once in a while I step out of the Vortex for a breath of fresh air.

A retired smoke jumper friend wrote the following:

Random thoughts ...
I can't speak about free fall at night and the importance of seeing the horizon to get stable. But I think the Thailand 727 footage is telling.
The only "issue" going out the door at night would present is that of landing - not being able to see the ground and timing a PLF. There are many "midnight" smokejumpers - guys out the door with their eyes closed, probably sport jumpers too. A guy like Sheridan would have no problem with jumping or with making a credible landing at night. The PLF is second nature and has to be due to the terrain smokejumpers encounter.
Not sure about the "potentially destabilizing payload". Coopers "bank wad" (assuming he tied it to his waist) is not significantly different than a reserve and the pg bag smokejumpers routinely contend with. May be a factor with sport free fall but not with static line or a quick pull. Many many jumpers have gone thru their risers, gotten twisted up, tumbled, etc - in general have had gawd awful exits and still made successful landings. AC speed may be a factor but that if that canopy could handle the opening shock they would be ok. One would also have the additional altitude of going out at 10k, as opposed to 1.5k, to deal with any canopy/riser problems.
Smokejumpers (my generation anyway) are trained, in the event of an in-flight emergency, to exit without hooking up - ie making the pull themselves. What is taught is to clear the door and to pull immediately upon exit. Not sure if the military has similar protocol.
Just for info, the AK smokejumpers used Volpars into the 1980's, good platform but required a very experienced pilot.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Why in the world would my history make one IOTA of difference. Duane never lived in this house. And who I am does NOT mean diddle squat!

I am just an old woman and this is just a house - I do NOT care about people knowing who I am. I have stayed out of the media since 2001 and hope to keep it that way.

I have only Two goals right now.
To have the FBI really listen to me with maps and experts who might actually understand the route and why I believe what I have been telling for 18 yrs and why it is the only thing that has made one IOTA of sense since November 24, 1971.

They need to REQUESTION how they derived at their decision and make the necessary corrections regarding the history of Weber.

The DZ has been my basic way of being heard and I have put up with a lot over the last few yrs. I did a little on Unsolved Mysteries and 101, but I was as lost then as everyone else was.

IT took my trip in 2010 to really find my way and information thru this thread and others who came to my rescue be they for or against my story.

I realize that NO one is able to follow me - because I am all over the place.

I need a wall and large maps dated no later than 1979. Put all the maps up with pins and sticky stating why it was there. This will be a very large project and ONE I will never be able to do alone - financially or physically.

There is just not enough time to do everything that needs to be done. As I was told the last few days - no one can follow me. The places and the sequences and what happened in those places.

My history with Weber needs the same kind of treatment - but I cannot do this - perhaps someday someone will go back thru the thread and my conversations with others and realize there was ONLY one way Cooper did this and he went right back at them!

I have been contacted by many I never ever mention on this thread and some of them have some whoppers they try to lead me on with. I listen and I play and I work their story - usually I find the flaws and then I stop communications with them or just right out ask questions that turn them around and/or they reveal that their story was phoney from get go.

BK was the biggest and most costly mistake I ever made. One recent story lasted about 3 months and then I decided NO MORE. I had heard his story before - he just had more twists and turns on it. He would take one thing and then build on that - just the way BK did, but his story was actually do-able - and I was never able to remember where I heard the caddy story before. He claimed interviews and witnesses he would never reveal and if I cornered him he would move on to something else. He was really building his story.

I am NOT Mikey! I won't eat anything! I might bite into it or act like I am going to! If it taste a little strange - I spit it out!

Once in a while I step out of the Vortex for a breath of fresh air.

A retired smoke jumper friend wrote the following:

Random thoughts ...
I can't speak about free fall at night and the importance of seeing the horizon to get stable. But I think the Thailand 727 footage is telling.
The only "issue" going out the door at night would present is that of landing - not being able to see the ground and timing a PLF. There are many "midnight" smokejumpers - guys out the door with their eyes closed, probably sport jumpers too. A guy like Sheridan would have no problem with jumping or with making a credible landing at night. The PLF is second nature and has to be due to the terrain smokejumpers encounter.
Not sure about the "potentially destabilizing payload". Coopers "bank wad" (assuming he tied it to his waist) is not significantly different than a reserve and the pg bag smokejumpers routinely contend with. May be a factor with sport free fall but not with static line or a quick pull. Many many jumpers have gone thru their risers, gotten twisted up, tumbled, etc - in general have had gawd awful exits and still made successful landings. AC speed may be a factor but that if that canopy could handle the opening shock they would be ok. One would also have the additional altitude of going out at 10k, as opposed to 1.5k, to deal with any canopy/riser problems.
Smokejumpers (my generation anyway) are trained, in the event of an in-flight emergency, to exit without hooking up - ie making the pull themselves. What is taught is to clear the door and to pull immediately upon exit. Not sure if the military has similar protocol.
Just for info, the AK smokejumpers used Volpars into the 1980's, good platform but required a very experienced pilot.

would a trained smoke jumper do this jump wearing only a suit and overcoat? they were pretty tough with the protective gear, why go from full protection to none? I don't know if a smoke jumper would qualify in this?? don't know.....seems once you put the chutes on, front and back, if he did. the only logical place would be to the chest area with the moneybag.....

Well, you know how it is. I was just thinking you might get closer to your asking price. You are fairly well known. Hey...when you are packing up, who knows? You might find some evidence you didn't know still existed.

EXCUSE ME! What do you NOT understand about "DUANE NEVER LIVED IN THIS HOUSE!"

Anything I had of Duane Weber's
was reduced to ONE suit case which I stored in the attic! I remarried in 2002. I kept that one suit case of items - just in case in the ATTIC!
That now has been reduced to a few items I keep in a safe Deposit Box at the bank....other than when I removed them to make photographs.

would a trained smoke jumper do this jump wearing only a suit and overcoat? they were pretty tough with the protective gear, why go from full protection to none? I don't know if a smoke jumper would qualify in this?? don't know.....seems once you put the chutes on, front and back, if he did. the only logical place would be to the chest area with the moneybag.....

You came to the thread LATE on.
Do you know how Smokejumpers carried their packages?

Check out this photo - a MAGAZINE Duane Weber left in a safe deposit box. A box unknown to me when he died in 1995. I didn't know what it meant at that time - and what a crazy thing to put in a safe deposit box not opened until 1990 - RIGHT after his little trip to Omaha to retrieve his bounty from the safe Deposit box he had there under the name of John C. Collins. WHY it was so necessary he risked obtaining that new license under that name in 1990. When I found out about Jefferson and that Duane was an excon!

Added a couple of other photo of smokejumpers from history just encase you want to give you statement a second thought!

skyjack71

You came to the thread LATE on.
Do you know how Smokejumpers carried their packages?

Check out this photo - a MAGAZINE Duane Weber left in a safe deposit box. A box unknown to me when he died in 1995. I didn't know what it meant at that time - and what a crazy thing to put in a safe deposit box not opened until 1990 - RIGHT after his little trip to Omaha to retrieve his bounty from the safe Deposit box he had there under the name of John C. Collins. WHY it was so necessary he risked obtaining that new license under that name in 1990. When I found out about Jefferson and that Duane was an excon!

I have seen many pictures of smokejumpers, I think they are over qualified for this. nothing really matches what a smokejumper would do. he was seen tieing the money around his chest, I believe this is the only logical way to do it.

how positive are you that Duane was in Jefferson?

RobertMBlevins

Shutter says in part:

'he was seen tieing the money around his chest, I believe this is the only logical way to do it...'

Point of Order: I *think* Mucklow only saw him tying lines around the money bag, and another around his waist. I don't recall anything about Mucklow actually seeing him secure the money to his chest. If what I said there is true, then this could mean Cooper was planning on jumping with the money secured somewhat like the picture I have attached.

I still wonder if Cooper might have just pulled the ripcord at the end of the stairs. One reason: No reserve chute.

However, without a reserve...this could also mean Cooper DID tie the money to his chest. Who knows? ;) The point here is I don't believe Mucklow saw him do that.

well, first of all, I was talking about the fact of Cooper tying the money to himself, if this was true, then the lower chest area would be the best way. it's entirely possible he tethered the line. smokejumpers seem to put the pouch just underneath the reserve, it's the only logical place, other than a tether. either way, I don't believe it proves a smokejumpers move...

you are probably correct about Tina only seeing him tying something around his waist/chest...I think he had almost 80 feet of line? 79 and change if not mistaken....I think all of the smokejumpers I have seen have a reserve chute.

RobertMBlevins

Shutter says in part:

'he was seen tieing the money around his chest, I believe this is the only logical way to do it...'

Point of Order: I *think* Mucklow only saw him tying lines around the money bag, and another around his waist. I don't recall anything about Mucklow actually seeing him secure the money to his chest. If what I said there is true, then this could mean Cooper was planning on jumping with the money secured somewhat like the picture I have attached.

I still wonder if Cooper might have just pulled the ripcord at the end of the stairs. One reason: No reserve chute.

However, without a reserve...this could also mean Cooper DID tie the money to his chest. Who knows? ;) The point here is I don't believe Mucklow saw him do that.

Duane waddnt a shmoke yumpper, and neidder ar youdsk!

Really do not have time to give you a lesson on this. Start with the Nickles and then right on to Missoula. They had to carry TOOLS and supplies and the best way to do that was between their legs. They had to separate these packages from themselves before landing or be hurt by their own equipment or run a risk of the equipment damaging the chute.

Depending on the equipment they carried. Large tools did NOT fit on the belly pack. You DAMN sure do NOT want to drop into a fire with out an ax and a shovel and fire protections.

He may have used the reserve and have attached his package in the place of the reserve, but since TINA claimed she saw him tieing a rope around his waste....riding it down between his legs could have been an option. Hence - THE WORLD GREATEST JOCK CARRIER.

It was Tina's description that was questionable and why her stating Cooper tied the rope around his waste that caused the jumpers to explore this option! The picture Duane left in the safe deposit box shows a barrel between the legs so COOPER could have jumped with his PACKAGE between his legs!

Tina's description is WHY the FBI went looking for SMOKEJUMPERS before any other category was explored. READ and LEARN! JO is NO dummy! Why don't you pick up the phone and call the old FBI or better yet, read Himmelsbachs book...I is a known fact they looked at SMOKE JUMPERS right off the BAT!