11 11
quade

DB Cooper

I think the notion of asking passengers take a look at pictures of the suspects is a great idea. Go, Jerry!

Along those lines, I've developed a photo gallery of the leading suspects, confessees, and other notables.

In addition, I have gathered all the composites that I can find. Thanks to all for your consent.

Thanks, Airtwardo, for helping me to get the clicky to work.

http://themountainnewswa.net/2012/02/23/suspects-in-the-db-cooper-skyjacking-sketches-pictures-and-comparisons/#more-4955

I think the notion of asking passengers take a look at pictures of the suspects is a great idea. Go, Jerry!

Along those lines, I've developed a photo gallery of the leading suspects, confessees, and other notables.

In addition, I have gathered all the composites that I can find. Thanks to all for your consent.

Again, I can't get the clicky to work.

http://themountainnewswa.net/2012/02/23/suspects-in-the-db-cooper-skyjacking-sketches-pictures-and-comparisons/#more-4955

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'm sure it had to be at the aft end of the cabin. Anywhere forward that would have something like a "room" (galley, etc.) behind a seat would have to have seat row number much less than "18."

One reson I thought Kaye's photo shows a seat
at the very back of the aircraft, in a last row of
seats?, is because behind the seat with the #6
sticker on it, is a space with a door, a closet or lav,
but no more seats show behind that row of seats?

I guess there could be more seats behind that
door space ???? But I assume this seats are at the
back of the plane.

I believe the info from Ralph H. is correct. DB sat in seat 18C (an aisle seat on the port side) when he gave the Flight Attendant the note. However, when on the flight to "Mexico" he sat in 18E with Tina in 18F starboard side. With no other passengers in the back of the plane, he had his choice of seats. By sitting were he did he was not an easy target for FBI snipers outside the plane (Tina was in between he and the outside and pinned in place).

Bob
sailshaw

That is very plausible imo.

Then, where is Billy Mitchell? It is my understanding that he was sitting in 18 B and sprawled out - school books on C and coat on A.

Bruce Smith says in part:

'Again, I can't get the clicky to work.http://themountainnewswa.net/2012/02/23/suspects-in-the-db-cooper-skyjacking-sketches-pictures-and-comparisons/#more-4955[url/]'

HTML lesson:

Let's say you want to link to something and call it My Latest Article at the Mountain News. Here's how it works:

Done this way:

[url(one space here) then a quote mark: ", then the address of the article, like this: http://themountainnewswa.net/2012/02/23/suspects-in-the-db-cooper-skyjacking-sketches-pictures-and-comparisons/

Quote mark immediately after the address: "

Then a closure right after the quote mark: ]

Then the text you assign for the link: My Latest Article at the Mountain News

Then immediately after that, without spaces, this closing tag: [ with a slash URL and another ]

Comes out like this: My Latest Article at the Mountain News

BTW I read your article. We have a bit more on KC than just his brother's claim he was the hijacker and a house in Bonney Lake. In fact, little of it has to do with Lyle Christiansen.

On a side note, a kid up in Canada got suspended for posting funny animated vids for YouTube. Instead of the reaction the school board expected (removal of the reletively harmless videos) they Got This via Boing Boing and my hero, Cory Doctorow. Ha ha.

Lesson: Trying to squash freedom of expression in a free country does not usually have good results...B| His vids are rapidly becoming viral. I saw a few. There's nothing inherently wrong with them. Nothing too crazy, no espousing of terrorism, just FUNNY.

The easiest way to do it is just to highlight the entire url then click on the url button. Either way works. This way folks can see where the link is going to without having to hover over it.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

The easiest way to do it is just to highlight the entire url then click on the url button. Either way works. This way folks can see where the link is going to without having to hover over it.

Smokin, what url button? Where?

Here's the latest on passengers:

General consensus is 37 passengers including DB Cooper. That means 36 left the plane.

Sluggo, Galen, and others.

There are a few folks weighing in with 38, too!

One of the big questions are the identities of the MacPherson clan. So far I have a Scott, Steve and Bill, composing a possible father, son, uncle and nephew.

In addition, Jo says there was a smokejumper named Mr. Loughton who got on in Missoula. McShutter, the DZ's latest whiz-kid researcher has given me an address and phone number of a guy matching the available data to see if he was aboard 305.

Assuming two MacPhersons/McPhersons and no Loughton, there are 36 plus Danny Boy.

So, let's see - this month we haven't come to any agreement on the number of passengers, their names, what seats they were in, and the wind and rain or the lack thereof. Am I missing anything?

Oh, gender of the bag o' money carrier.

Nevertheless, I remain optimistic about solving the case. (smile).

Thanks for the kind words Bruce, I don't really think I'm a "whiz-kid researcher" I just try to validate things I am reading in this mess of a crime! I guess that is what makes it so interesting at one point and then frustrating the next:)
Dave

also, keep in mind that someone could of been feeding false information to Jo, that is why I checked the name and since that name popped up, he must have been pretty young in 1971.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

See the 8 'buttons' below the box your text appears in while you type your next post...the far right button is the url clickifier.

As stated, the easiest way is to highlight the http addy line and click the url button.

See the 8 'buttons' below the box your text appears in while you type your next post...the far right button is the url clickifier.

As stated, the easiest way is to highlight the http addy line and click the url button.

I click the url button,paste the address and click url button again, works everytime.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I click the url button,paste the address and click url button again, works everytime.

that woks too...but adds a step, just trying to keep it simple. ;)

Sometimes it doesn't work because you select too little or too much or- for some reason you click on the url button too many times and it adds a front bracket and two back brackets, etc. --clicking the buttons change them from front bracket mode to back bracket mode so it's easy to mess up. The buttons will be labeled with the slash if you're in back bracket mode.

But you can always edit it manually by making sure that the word url is in brackets before the address -- and the forward slash and the word url are in brackets after the address. This goes for other code as well. See attached examples.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Well….. the seating mystery continues to rage and torment my soul. I did the unthinkable and made a visit to Sluggo Monster’s website for a review and to drink deep from a well of information which has not been endlessly piddled in.

So here’s the deal, if (IF) Cooper wanted Tina to sit next to him (I know I would want that now) to facilitate communications, then (THEN) how could an aisle seat be the best position?

Cooper may have started the flight in the aisle seat to pass his note to Florence but once Tina entered the scene, it seems he would have occupied the center position. I say this as nothing more than a guess based upon what I would have done.

Attached are some of the notes written as the crime was taking place. You can see that Cooper wanted the recipient to sit next to him. That should lower the possibilities somewhat.

Then a few pages later, there is an indication that Cooper was in Row 18 and in the center seat. But damn it all to hell, no mention of what side of the aircraft. Oh well, at least there is some more info for consideration.

Well….. the seating mystery continues to rage and torment my soul. I did the unthinkable and made a visit to Sluggo Monster’s website for a review and to drink deep from a well of information which has not been endlessly piddled in.

So here’s the deal, if (IF) Cooper wanted Tina to sit next to him (I know I would want that now) to facilitate communications, then (THEN) how could an aisle seat be the best position?

Cooper may have started the flight in the aisle seat to pass his note to Florence but once Tina entered the scene, it seems he would have occupied the center position. I say this as nothing more than a guess based upon what I would have done.

Attached are some of the notes written as the crime was taking place. You can see that Cooper wanted the recipient to sit next to him. That should lower the possibilities somewhat.

Then a few pages later, there is an indication that Cooper was in Row 18 and in the center seat. But damn it all to hell, no mention of what side of the aircraft. Oh well, at least there is some more info for consideration.

Maybe he felt trapped by letting someone sit on the isle or Tina sat on the opposite side talking to him? and for some reason the cloth on the seat had been changed because the other two are much darker, perhaps the FBI took that piece of cloth?

Here’s another ‘nugget’ for Bruce’s collection regarding the PAX on 305:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/126750173.html?tab=video&c=y

Now first person, Larry Finegold has claimed to have occupied a seat somewhere in row 6 (0:33 – 1:02). Marla is certainly responsible for bringing out a couple of these folks with her story. Too bad she was chased away from this platform.

mrshutter: Tina could have been seated there. But the other ‘stories’ begin to fall apart. How does someone sit across Cooper and not notice sharing a row with a stunning blonde in a bright red uniform? In order for Tina to sit across the aisle from Cooper then the crew notes must be wrong and whoever claimed to sit across from Cooper didn’t notice Tina? It just starts to get too thick with one step downstream.

This was a 1960’s vintage jet (no fans yet) and they were in the aft area and surrounded by screaming engines. I don’t know how communications would be across an aisle with Cooper yelling at Tina to go check on the parachutes.

and for some reason the cloth on the seat had been changed because the other two are much darker, perhaps the FBI took that piece of cloth?

or it could be that the flash on the camera lit up the closer one better...take a look at the door, 1/2 of it's the color of the 'older' headrest cloths, the other part of the door is the same color as the 'new' towel.

Too many quotes to figure it out, but SOMEONE said this:

'So here’s the deal, if (IF) Cooper wanted Tina to sit next to him (I know I would want that now) to facilitate communications, then (THEN) how could an aisle seat be the best position?'

My understanding is that Cooper moved to the window seat when he ordered Mucklow to sit next to him in the aisle seat. Then he placed the paper bag on the deck at his feet, and the briefcase on the middle seat between them. Once the plane was on the ground, I think he had Mucklow lower all the window shutters in the rear cabin.

Nothing To Do With Cooper Disclaimer:

A friend of mine in the movie biz sent me a review copy of The Grey, the Alaskan plane crash movie with Liam Neeson. Well, there isn't a survival movie I haven't seen (I'm even one of the few fans of Blair Brown's And I Alone Survived, and the slightly better classic Wings of Chance.)

Am I a sucker for hokey survival movies or what? Yes, but even I have standards. I don't mind hokey, but they had better end well.

So I stuff this disk for The Grey into my computer and watch it via Windows Media. The ending sucks so bad, that if you paid actual MONEY to see it at the theatre, you would toss your leftover popcorn at the screen on the way out. Don't bother. >:(

My understanding is that Cooper moved to the window seat when he ordered Mucklow to sit next to him in the aisle seat. Then he placed the paper bag on the deck at his feet, and the briefcase on the middle seat between them. Once the plane was on the ground, I think he had Mucklow lower all the window shutters in the rear cabin.

where is your understanding from ?

binomial function on an infinite string of maybes?
Maybe its not that simple?

Ok, I'm lost again. Why is it important which seat Cooper sat in exactly? If it's because of where the tie was found, that's inconclusive. If he took it off when he was sitting, it would have gone on the seat next to him. If he took it off when he was standing, it may or may not have gone on the seat where he had been sitting. But I'm not entirely sure why any of this matters. I can only see the seat being important if they had gotten hairs off the back of it. In pre-DNA days, how much import would have been placed on something like that? And in any case as the FBI seem to be going on the tie for DNA (however compromised) one has to assume they do not have other sources such as hair.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.