47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Jo wrote about BK:

You are a lawsuit waiting to happen! One is in progression now....

Really? I'd bet against it. If its real post the court and case number.

Everyone threatens litigation here but no nobody sues. So why threaten? What's the point?

Did NOT say I had one in progression! What I heard was hearsay - maybe members of a supposed suspect or one of the crew? You think? Certain individual are tired of being harassed.

As an insider (intruder) in the Cooperphelia, what
colour was Cooper's tongue?

Made some jumps on Sunday. Tried out my new semi-stowless main canopy deployment bag. It worked fine. Great views, great CA weather. Our old King Air 90 was running smooth and climbing strong.

Joked around with an old timer who recalled when we CA jumpers thought Bill Dause was DB Cooper.

Sure wish we could get away from the BK story. His point's been made. I don't want him banned. I just want us to get back to a more productive dialog.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

As an insider (intruder) in the Cooperphelia, what
colour was Cooper's tongue?

You guys did a good job on that old pic. It was the orginal polaroid that the ex had in her possession and she mailed it me.
The date on the back of the photo says 1970 and I did NOT try to preserve it and in the first yrs paid NO attention to the dots.

Since the tie is wide the "pearl" seems to be in the middle of the tie. All I have ever been able to do was just scan it as best I could so it was not too large to post. I can have a high resolution scan put on a CD and then you guys can take a better look at it. Give me an address in a pm of where to mail the CD (you guys decided who that will be). Tell me what to have it scanned at. When I scanned it at the house and put it upon my screen - it looks different, but I can't post a pic with high resolutions.

I have never done anything to attemp to preserve this photo and no idea how the ex protected it. I have it in a stack of other photos in an envelope - I have done nothing special for it.

I don't understand what you guys do - but want you to look at a Disk with it at HIGH RESOLUTIONS. OK? I expect the High Resolution scan might show something not seen in the pic you guys are working from.

Give it a try.

Georger Was that a joke "what color was Cooper's tongue"? Hope so! You have a weird DRY sense of humor just like"Bud".:)
Jokes go right over my head!
Of course you are NOT surprised at that.
;)

Maybe I could make a high resolution scan on my own computer and email it - with dial-up it will take forever to download to the email...the resolutions on DZ won't let me post it here.

P.S. Think you guys should check it out and I will appreciate it if you do so. Maybe it will show the same thing! Maybe NOT! At least I won't have to revisit this tie thing again if you do this for me.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

well Jo, I don't think that if this was the same clip it would not be in the middle, the clip is 1 inch and a quarter long, making that tie 2 & 1/2 inches wide which I find hard to believe, most ties I believe were over 3 inches wide from that area down to the bottom of the tie.

I just don't think this is a clip, we now know the photo's were together for who knows how long and what temps they were stored at,

I would be glad to look at a better pic for you, but don't get your hopes up on the conclusions. everything can always be double checked!

Coopers tie was very slim all the way down, not flaring out like most ties. (and a clip on)

Today's clip goes all the way across the tie, the old clips were small and short in length, Tie tacks would be centered.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Three (3) surgeries in 11 months has done me in along with some traumatic events in my life.

The second surgery on the last day of January when I came home I had this sense someone had been in my home, but nothing seemed disturbed. It was just something oddly out of place and the smell of a light cologne or scented shampoo.

A couple of wks before this last surgery on April 26th I seemed to not be able to locate some items and a few days before the surgery went to the safe deposit box and they were not there. I was looking desperately for these items for a wk before the surgery and then came home and continued to search.

Several time my gargage door would be open and I knew I had closed it. Note I alway bolt the door and use the lock - but it was like someone had a key (I knew I had lost a set of keys several months ago, but since they had no tag - figured everything was okay).

My neighbor had his locks changed before I went to my last surgery on April 26th and I had my locks changed, because of the missing items.

These items are still missing and my heart is breaking. I called this small brown suede box (approx 3x6) My Memories in a
Box. Now I have lost my Memories and I can't sleep and I cry several times a day. I actually had to call a grief counselor and we talked for almost 2 hrs last night - my heart is breaking.

1. In this box was 2 pearl hearts with a J and C connected by a small chain. It was my father's 1st gift to me on my 1st birthday 72 yrs ago

2.There was a medallion I gave to Duane which he wore for 16 yrs until he died.

3. There was the Old Black Hills
GOLD Ring 1/3 inch wide, Duane bought for me at the Eye of Needle in Seattle in 1979 and I wore on my right pinkie finger (could not wear it all the time because now sometimes my fingers swell). Whenever if fit, I wore it (first choice).

4. A Open Gold Nugget ring Duane bought me in St. Croix also heavy in weight and 1/3 inch wide (I hate skinny rings).

5. A Danbury Sheltie my last husband gave me with tiny diamonds on the collar - Our Sheltie died 9 months after my husband died. Gold

6. A Gold Star Fish (slighty larger than Quarter size) of which I also had the earrings. but in another place.

7. Class Ring 1958 - thick heavy domed gold with a ruby - Lebanon High School - was still like new and very heavy and wide. I hate girly rings or anything that sticks up or catches on things...like diamonds set-up in prongs.

8. 1-1/2 inch by 1 inch gold filigree cross - not flimsy filigree and no sharp edges (I stopped wearing that 17 yrs ago for personal reasons).

9. Several small insignificant pendants of no value.

I have worn Duane's chain for 17 yrs (one I gave him) and changed the pendants according to how I felt. The Sand Dollar is the only pendant I have left now - plus a locket Duane gave me and no rings for my right hand - I feel naked and my memories I could hold in my hands and choose which I would wear that day are now GONE. I feel more grief over these daily memories than I did when my 2 husbands died.

I know I wore those item after the Feb surgery - but, now they are gone.

No - these item are NOT in my home - they are GONE. There is no insurance to cover the loss as I only have $1000 limit on my homeowners - and never had them appraised...strange I thought about this in March, but figured it too costly and to add the cost of the additional insurance - NOW I grieve and I cry and it hurts so badly.

I have no rings for my right hand and the rings available in the stores are so light and tinny feeling - I like weight and a solid smooth feel. The prices are outrageous - I just feel so lost.

I have had someone help me go thru the house 2 times and I continue everyday to search and to search and then I cry. My memories are gone - My Memories in a Box - they are all gone. Now when I hit that nursing home with Old Timers (like my mother) there will be nothing to help me remember my memories. I feel helpless.

Last night it was the grief counselor on the phone and tonight it is you guys. I don't think I can make it back from this loss - I will never be me again. Things are tough enough right now and finding money to replace just one or two of the items is NOT in the budget. I keep wondering - did I throw them away? Did they get caught up in a Goodwill bag? The one donation during that time will NOT even talk to me - just said that families put things like this in their bags all the time when a family member dies (I told them I could not afford to give away the approx 7K these items are worth in today's prices).

I do not know which one came on our street that day to collect from a neighbor and I handed them a bag - it was approx sometime in March. The neighbor told me Goodwill, but he didn't get a receipt and Goodwill told me they don't pick-up. This neighbor is an old grouch and he didn't seem to care. Claimed they were Goodwill out of Pensacola and they told me they do NOT pick-up.

I have called and called, but everyone tells me the same thing. They send those donations out to be melted or they have a buyer who buys all of the gold, but won't tell me WHO. Isn't there a law? I thought about approaching the newpaper, but I don't want my name used.

I don't know what to do - I feel so very very lost...

let me explain something to you Robert! Georger made a comment about the photo last night, very late last night, I put my findings from over a month ago on here for him to see, he understood what I was getting at without having to go on photobucket in order to get my point across, I have had a PB account for years BTW

geroge put up some photo's as well that I looked at and also understood so, I understand your point about quality and all, but calling peoples work "JUNK" is not the "proper format" either is it?

377 has asked very nicely twice, might I add, for me and others to "disengage" less with BK, that my friend is the "proper format"

not everyone is Steven Spielberg B|

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

A company I work for closed down back in 09 leaving me without a job, I subscribed to careerbuilders, a website that helps you in finding a job.

they sent me this for a job to apply for, what are the odds B|

So sad to read this post. My mom had a similar loss in Las Vegas, but hers was just antique costume jewelry. I remember how depressed she got. She replaced it, one piece at a time, going to flea markets. I realize that doesn't help, but my heart goes out to you.

The last conversation my dad and I had was his realization that his stocks and bonds, coins and watches that he spent years collecting and reviewing were not the important things in the end. What was finally important to him was that people cared, that his life was worthwhile, that he had helped others in one way or another. It was the friends and loved ones, the memories of good and bad times and sharing life together. If you did give these things away, my dad would have applauded you. It was not the material things that were important to him, those things are only important to those who can use them. Some of the things you can take with your are love, respect, honor, satisfaction with your life and good memories. This is what I believe is each of our Heavens or Hells. What we leave behind in the minds of our survivors. Hell was the name given to the burning trash dump outside the walls of the city, where the discards were taken. Those with loved ones were properly cared for with honor and respect forever. Just my thoughts.

I'm no preacher, or councillor, or perhaps even your friend, but I care about everyone as a human being and acknowledge your heartfelt story. So sorry. Wish I could help, but I am a rock for truth, bottom line.

Finally, a BK post I can believe and relate to. It was moving and compassionate.

I too am sorry for Jo's keepsake losses. I hope that they weren't stolen or accidently given away but merely misplaced.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo wrote

No - these item are NOT in my home - they are GONE. There is no insurance to cover the loss as I only have $1000 limit on my homeowners - and never had them appraised

Talk to your insurance agent Jo. $1000 sounds more like a deductible amount rather than a policy limit. Pre-loss appraisals are not usually required as a condition for coverage, but many insureds believe that they are and don't submit loss claims.

???????????????

Blevins never had any intention of leaving. Prior to his most recent "leaving", and not counting his suspension, he had "left" about five times or more. With one single exception, he was back the next day. The exception was when he didn't post for two days.

This Cooper thread is the best thing that ever happened to Blevins. He can get in his average of three lengthy posts per day (each listing all 25 KC points) and then claim to the main stream media that he is a genuine Cooper investigator, author, media mogul, and knows more about the Cooper matter than the FBI.

In the meantime, Blevins will continue to attack the non-believing infidels on this thread who, against all logic, refuse to see the light that proves to any sane person that KC was DB Cooper.

Blevins, I know very little about pictures on the computer. I try to scan things so they will post on the thread.

NO, I have never had them professionally scanned, but that photo and any others one might think should be - I will be glad to have done on a disk. BUT, I have to have someone who cares to mail them to - that means a name and address which everyone, which everyone with the exception Jerry Thomas and Bob Knoss keeps out of the thread and the public eye.

I have scans on the computer but not high resolution and I have disks saved. I come from the old school and like things I can HOLD in my hand - like my memories that are now gone forever. The county deputies will not investigate unless I give them names and make accusations - and as usual there is always someone I protect.

I guess that is old school and should not apply in todays times.
I hate to see innocent individuals harmed because they made poor judgement calls and then realized their error. Often this eye opening comes too late and the bystander finds themselves in Life Altering situations, because they had a good heart.

Anyone game to provide me a name and address in a PM and I will have made and send a disk with high resolutions - besure to tell me what other photos anyone might be interested in.

Blevins, I know very little about pictures on the computer. I try to scan things so they will post on the thread.

NO, I have never had them professionally scanned, but that photo and any others one might think should be - I will be glad to have done on a disk. BUT, I have to have someone who cares to mail them to - that means a name and address which everyone, which everyone with the exception Jerry Thomas and Bob Knoss keeps out of the thread and the public eye.

I have scans on the computer but not high resolution and I have disks saved. I come from the old school and like things I can HOLD in my hand - like my memories that are now gone forever. The county deputies will not investigate unless I give them names and make accusations - and as usual there is always someone I protect.

I guess that is old school and should not apply in todays times.
I hate to see innocent individuals harmed because they made poor judgement calls and then realized their error. Often this eye opening comes too late and the bystander finds themselves in Life Altering situations, because they had a good heart.

Anyone game to provide me a name and address in a PM and I will have made and send a disk with high resolutions - besure to tell me what other photos anyone might be interested in.

Dont waste your time or pay any attention to
Blevins - nothing he said applies here, in any event.

Blevins is just a crank and an imposter. Probably
bent on distracting and destorying this thrad if he
can.

Several people who met Blevins at Ariel say he was
'very strange' and socially inept. He seems to feed
off controversy and upsetting people, and he likes
people responding to him upset. I guess it gives
him some sense of importance and belonging.
Depraved.

"Anyone game to provide me a name and address in a PM and I will have made and send a disk with high resolutions - besure to tell me what other photos anyone might be interested in. "

Anybody with a good scanner can do it. Most all of us have good scanners. Mine goes to 2000 dpi. Not really important as the polaroid isn't that detailed. There is no point anyway, as that clasp was not found in Reno. Not there. Read your copy of "Real McCoy". It is there in black and white before the evidence switch. Listen to me, ONCE! You are being DUPED again!! Cut it out, guys! That is ROTTEN!!

G wrote:

'very strange' and socially inept.

I met Blevins briefly at Ariel and he seemed as normal as anyone else there. ;)

If he was acting strange it was probably from the effects of the Marla Aura. She was dancing right in front of him.

So what is Marla's new occupation since her job as DB Cooper's niece was eliminated?

Is she still active on Facebook with the DBC story?

Banning BK is the only way to stop his nonsense.

Not really. We could just stop engaging in endless dialog with BK. He's made his point, we know his story. No need to re-engage endlessly regarding his oft told story.

Keeping Snowmann banned is excressive punishment. Quade should consider amnesty. It's been long enough.

What ever happened to Dan Cryder? He was gonna solve the case for us. He is famous in DC 3 circles, owning and flying a very nice example.

Isn't it amazing that a transport plane from the WW 2 era can still make a living in certain nooks and crannies of air commerce? Hardly any commercial Boeing 707s and 727s still fly yet there are many DC 3s that are still in use.

G wrote:

'very strange' and socially inept.

I met Blevins briefly at Ariel and he seemed as normal as anyone else there. ;)

If he was acting strange it was probably from the effects of the Marla Aura. She was dancing right in front of him.

So what is Marla's new occupation since her job as DB Cooper's niece was eliminated?

Is she still active on Facebook with the DBC story?

she has not really been that active on FB, I'm wondering what she has done about LD's grave stone?

This is the Timewarrior speaking. . .I have read the "Into the blast" book. On the whole, I find it much better organized than the one by Geoff Gray. However, I did not like that the recounting of the hijacking from the hijacker's perspective. There is no evidence of such an account. In that regard, I prefer the account by Geoff Gray in the dropzone book. Although very disjointed, it was very detailed and provided a good narrative of what happened that night.

"into the blast" does present a pretty convincing case against the airline purser. . .but like all things. . .there is no hard evidence one way or the other. . .

I still say there needs to be a D.B. Cooper encylclopedia that tells the story in as unbiased way as possible.

I can't comprehend personally why there is so much animosity on this forum. . .is it the proverbial Cooper curse? Or is the Internet just further turning us into degenerate monsters?

Neither. Georger just hates me. :)
Meh. I'm used to it.

Why? Because you seek the truth? Is that not why we all are here? Because we wish to know the unsolvable?

I too seek the truth in all things. . .perhaps that is why he was so rude to me when I asked a simple question.

Still. . .I have haunted many forums in my vast existence. . .and this one is far from affable. . .

I can't comprehend personally why there is so much animosity on this forum. . .is it the proverbial Cooper curse? Or is the Internet just further turning us into degenerate monsters?

Neither. Georger just hates me. :)
Meh. I'm used to it.

Why? Because you seek the truth? Is that not why we all are here? Because we wish to know the unsolvable?

I too seek the truth in all things. . .perhaps that is why he was so rude to me when I asked a simple question.

Still. . .I have haunted many forums in my vast existence. . .and this one is far from affable. . .

There is something about this thread that seems to attract people like Knoss, Blevins, and yourself. Do you think we can find a way to bottle it and sell it commercially?