quade

DB Cooper

According to this source:

http://www.webpronews.com/navigating-the-amazon-sales-ranking-2006-06

Amazon sales rankings (as referenced) is:

“2,000,000+ Perhaps a single inventory/consignment copy has been ordered
1,000,000+ Current trends indicate total sales will most likely be under 40
100,000+ Current trends indicate total sales will most likely be under 200
10,000+ Estimate between 1 – 10 copies being sold per week.
1,000+ Estimate between 10 – 100 copies being sold per week.
100+ Estimate between 100 – 200 copies being sold per week.
10+ Estimate between 200 – 1000 copies being sold per week.
Under 10 Estimate over 1,000 copies per week”

In order to sell 200 to 300 copies per month (46 per week) your book would have to be ranked at 1,000 or less but not below 101.

Geoff Gray’s book is ranked at 8711 (as of posting) which indicates sales of 10 to 100 per week. What could this other book be?

Perhaps super secret data that has been steeped in titanium sponge?

Gosh, whatever made me post this??? Oh well, good to know for future reference.

The Sky Sponge will no doubt enter and exit the Cooper lexicon as quickly as the Titanium Chef to be released back into the ocean.

The only ‘Sky Chef’ I could find is associated with an in-flight chef which makes ‘5 Star’ meals for passengers flying Gulf Air. I have flown on this little airline into Manama (actually Muharraq) and remember some extremely fresh cuisine being served. Just not on the plane.

It was a couple days after the flight and I was in a cab heading back to the hotel when the driver asked if he could pick up other passengers along the way. Not being one to hinder commerce or be an ‘Ugly American’ I said sure. It was an unusually cool day with low humidity. First a man in a suit hails the cab and gets in the back with me. We are crawling through the souq (market) on impossibly narrow streets and this man in a dishdasha and thobe holding a rolled newspaper signals the cab and gets in the back placing me between these two gentlemen. Now at the break neck speed of 1 MPH (estimated) on this crowded street we hit a bump and the Bahraini’s newspaper starts jumping around in the back and gave me a good whack upside my wally sized head. This poltergeist continued to pummel the man in the suit who began to shriek and flail as blow after blow were delivered to this dapper passenger. He managed to open the door and ran into the crowd leaving me in the back seat with a Bahraini man savagely slapping that newspaper.

Apparently the wife must have sent him out for the freshest fish in the market because this paper was rolled around one that was far from dead and still had plenty of fight. The driver apologized and I told him that I would likely remember this for the rest of my life thus making it far from an inconvenience. Besides I think I may have witnessed a unique event, in that a fish could have bragged about the ‘one that got away.’

So that’s all I know about ‘Sky Chef’ and the freshest food while traveling.

Farflung wrote

I think I may have witnessed a unique event, in that a fish could have bragged about the ‘one that got away.

You must teach Blevins how to tell a fish story Farflung. I mean the guy goes camping, posts pix of a fishy looking stream right next to his tent, and when I inquire about the fishing he says he didn't fish, just hiked and listened to old radio mysteries. Talk about a lost opportunity. If you won't take on the task I am hoping Amazon will. She never gets skunked and never catches anything under 25 lbs. ;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

What do we suppose Marla's cut is on Gray's book?

Why would you even think such a thing:)
Of Figure the FBI! With Duane there was so much and too many agents over a 15 yr period of time the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing.

With Weber there are TOO many unanswered questions - the FBI could or would NOT answer. You just never know what is lurking around a corner.

The most obviouse was the Jefferson Prison. Sentenced as John Collins and commuted as John Collins - a 3 time felon is released and they never compared his prints with "the system" the claimed was infalliable? Now think about this one and think hard - WHAT happened - there have been NO explanations for this.

Weber is NOT the only one who fell thru the cracks on the print system.

When released the FBI goes after Weber in CO and NO one has ever explained why. If he had commited another crime or they discovered he was Weber after Release - what the hell happened? Perhaps the Jefferson stay was as a planted SNITCH. You think?Maybe that is why HE was in there as John Collins.

Hell, what happened to this SUPER DUPER fingerprint system in 1966? How did it FAIL?
Why did it FAIL? Or did it really FAIL?

OK I just typed a time line and had to delete it - too much information. If the FBI can't do this what is wrong with our system or did it fail and why did it fail? Right now I KNOW it failed - the green lights where sitting in front of the FBI and they did NOT carry the BALL they dropped it.

Now they want to save face, but guess what - they are going to have to work really hard to do that.

Question why would Weber in 1990 after making retrival from a safe deposit box - try to wax bills to preserve them?

Was there some of those in the Astro Van his wife sold?

Did they find them?

Who has them????

Did they know the meaning of them????

Did they fear prosecution or that friends might think less of them?

The widow wouldn't miss it - she didn't even know about the hidden wallet?

Did they go undected in the VAN and found later by someone else? Did the new purchaser have any idea what they were?

Why did the purchaser offer to sell the van back to the widow?

Where these waxed 20's stolen when the shop was robbed?

Who has these waxed 20"s and do they know their real value?

Could anyone sell or use a waxed 20?

I am looking for waxed 20?
Now that is really crazy! Right!

Now that is as bad as the decoding of a Cherry Cheese Pie Recipe or is it?
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Farflung wrote

I think I may have witnessed a unique event, in that a fish could have bragged about the ‘one that got away.

You must teach Blevins how to tell a fish story Farflung. I mean the guy goes camping, posts pix of a fishy looking stream right next to his tent, and when I inquire about the fishing he says he didn't fish, just hiked and listened to old radio mysteries. Talk about a lost opportunity. If you won't take on the task I am hoping Amazon will. She never gets skunked and never catches anything under 25 lbs. ;)

Not true... I caught a 24" Chinook this year... barely legal and only weighed inb at 7 pounds.. so there...

I target Chinook in the season... I go out of my way to avoid filling my salmon tag with silvers till after they close the chinook.

Come visit... I will make ya catch some great eating seafood:)

Blevins wrote

One nagging little point still bothers me about the Sky Chef matchbook thing: WHY would SkyChef bother to advertise to airline passengers? The passengers have no control over WHO provides the food, and passengers cannot go out and just purchase products from Sky Chef. So what would be the point of advertising to passengers?

It's obvious Robert The company selling printed matchbooks had attractive blondes in sales positions. Maybe Marla could do that kind of work.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Blevins wrote

One nagging little point still bothers me about the Sky Chef matchbook thing: WHY would SkyChef bother to advertise to airline passengers? The passengers have no control over WHO provides the food, and passengers cannot go out and just purchase products from Sky Chef. So what would be the point of advertising to passengers?

It's obvious Robert The company selling printed matchbooks had attractive blondes in sales positions. Maybe Marla could do that kind of work.

Hardly the first time or last time that advertising is done to a captive audience/by a monopoly supplier. There could be all sorts of reasons for wanting to raise brand awareness, build customer goodwill ("hey! these skychef guys are great, they hand out free matches!") and in this instance customers would have no idea who provided the food without advertising. Even today on some flights I see the "true food supplier" (as opposed to just the airline branded meal) named on the food packaging. I don't think this is any type of issue at all. (but there is a huge amount of literature on the microeconomics of advertising if you want to go delve further, just be sure to use google scholar so you don't get all the loonies chucked in.)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Hardly the first time or last time that advertising is done to a captive audience/.)

Here's where Blevins is headed:

Sky Chef matches > Kenny > pursor for NWA >
concierge > reason to have Sky Chef matches
on him. Maybe Kenny was even getting a kickback
from Sky Chef, if he was in a position to do that?
The rest is just Blevins screwing around laying a
foundation to spring with.

Blevins the coy. :D

I thought the matches were provided by the stew? In any case there is no more or no less reason for any NWA employee to have had them than any other.

I am starting to get worried about Jo. She sounds like she is losing it :(

In Gray's book, he says the hijacker produced the matches.

Surely you have learnt by now that Gray's book is hardly the most trustworthy of references???

I have to wonder about the whole issue of
matchbooks on an airplane, smoking, ashtrays,
matchbooks in ashtrays, etc back in the 70s?
Oxy rich environment and all that?

Evidently smoking was allowed. No smoking during
takeoffs and landings - I do remember that.

Georger wrote

Typical airliner pressurization systems couldn't even achieve sea level pressure at cruising altitudes. No supplemental O2 was added to cabin air. How do you see that as oxygen rich?

Smoking on airliners was common in the 70s and pretty awful for non smokers like me, especially on long overseas flights. Cabin air circulation assured that everyone on those flights inhaled a lot of second hand smoke. I was ecstatic when smoking was finally banned.

In Gray's book, he says the hijacker produced the matches.

Surely you have learnt by now that Gray's book is hardly the most trustworthy of references???

I have to wonder about the whole issue of
matchbooks on an airplane, smoking, ashtrays,
matchbooks in ashtrays, etc back in the 70s?

Evidently smoking was allowed. No smoking during
takeoffs and landings - I do remember that.

Up until at least the mid-1960s, a small packet of four cigarettes, plus matches, were routinely included with ever dinner served on most airlines.

Then somewhere around 1965, the Surgeon General started requiring warning labels on cigarette packages and the airlines started phasing out the complimentary cigarettes but smoking was still permitted.

Sky Chef probably continued to provide complimentary match books to the airlines as long as smoking was permitted on their planes.

But most passengers probably had never breathed decent air on an airliner until smoking was completely banned. Cleaning the nicotene out of the air pressurization system was a long standing problem for the airlines.

Jo wrote

OK I just typed a time line and had to delete it - too much information

Whew. Thanks Jo. Too much information can be really dangerous. ;)

Always the tease, but we are all used to it by now.

Calling that stuff Duane had "parachute hardware" is unsupported. I sent you catalog and rigger manual photos of every piece of hardware that was ever used on post 1940 bailout rigs, sport rigs, etc and (to your credit) you found no match. I have seen ZERO evidence that puts Duane in a chute. The prison smoke jumper article I think is a false memory, a mixing of desire, bias and similar info like perhaps an article on prisoner ground based firefighting activities. Your stubborn insistence that the article did exist shows bias. Smoke jumper history is richly documented. Nowhere is the program you refer to mentioned. No smoke jumper I corresponded with had ever heard of prisoner smoke jumpers. Didn't you attend a smoke jumper convention or was that just a plan? Have you ANY evidence of prisoner smoke jumpers besides your memory of an article that nobody can find?

Cleaning the nicotene out of the air pressurization system was a long standing problem for the airlines.

Not entirely a good thing according to my friend who worked on World Airways and United 727 maintenance. Cabin smoke was a useful marker for pressure leaks. Light brown stains gave the workers a big head start on finding and patching them.

He also told me an amusing story that United had calculated what areas of their planes were closely visible to boarding passengers and had "appearance zone maps" for the maintenance workers. Dents, scratches, chipped paint was repaired quickly in those "appearance zone" areas, but not in others.

RobertMBlevins stated without the benefit of a source:

Sky Chef is a major player in the in-flight meal trade with outlets all over the globe.”

Thanks for the education, did you see the title of the post you were responding to?

“Sky Chef (singular)”

That was a clue so this would not turn into another Dan Cooper comic or Captain Scott talking to Cooper fiasco again.

Would it be too much for you to provide a link or URL to this company which is a ‘major player’ called SKY CHEF? What is more common place, SKY CHEF matches or airline matches?

Cleaning the nicotene out of the air pressurization system was a long standing problem for the airlines.

Not entirely a good thing according to my friend who worked on World AIrways and United 727 maintenance. Cabin smoke was a useful marker for pressure leaks. Light brown stains gave the workers a big head start on finding and patching them.

He also told me an amusing story that United had calculated what areas of their planes were closely visible to boarding passengers and had "appearance zone maps" for the maintenance workers. Dents, scratches, chipped paint was repaired quickly in those "appearance zone" areas, but not in others.

A long time ago in another life, an individual I happened to be acquainted with made a tour of several airlines to discuss what they looked for in new aircraft before buying them.

It turned out that their number one consideration was that the aircraft had to look good (i.e., "appearance") to their customers. Such things as performance were not even a primary consideration. It was all in the eye of the beholder.

So your friend from United was undoubtedly speaking the truth.

Robert99 triggered my memory of those junior smoker ‘starter kits’ given away in airlines, restaurants and school restrooms. Attached are some images of those very things which were so very common place from yester year.

Their legacy does live on in that I’m told heroin dealers usually give away a few samples to new ‘clients’ as a way to develop brand loyalty.

I still want to see a “SKY CHEF” matchbook. I know someone will come up with a photo or an excuse, it’s just a matter of time.

The matchless investigative skills of Bruce Smith and Galen Cook are now on display on CNN. An article was posted less than an hour ago in Cnn's religion blogs page [http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/] by Thom Patterson.

You can go to that page and then work your way to the specific article.

You can also judge for yourself what these people are doing to Tina.

Robert99

. Cabin smoke was a useful marker for pressure leaks. Light brown stains gave the workers a big head start on finding and patching them.

---
A long time ago in another life, an individual I happened to be acquainted with made a tour of several airlines to discuss what they looked for in new aircraft before buying them.

It turned out that their number one consideration was that the aircraft had to look good (i.e., "appearance") to their customers. Such things as performance were not even a primary consideration. It was all in the eye of the beholder.

So your friend from United was undoubtedly speaking the truth.

Sheesh... If brown marks there can you imagine the lungs :|

On appearances: in Buenos Aires, 2003 (after the peso crash) we witnessed what we had thought was an urban legend. The front of the Casa Rosada had been repainted, because that is where everyone takes photos; but not the side or back! I have a photo of a corner of the building where you can clearly see a remarkable difference! Not sure if it is still like that.