10 10
quade

DB Cooper

14 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Brother, I would mute half the people who post here if I could. Maybe even yours truly. When I propose positive efforts in the real world concerning Cooper, here come the snide comments by a small group of the same people. When I point out occasional concerns regarding certain folks with obvious personal agendas...same thing. When I try to actually DO something positive in the REAL world concerning people or places associated with the case, and the public's involvement in those things...same crap happens or a small group goes behind my back to stop it all...even if it hurts others. I don't have time for this crap. Really I don't.

When people contact me privately with questions, (about a dozen times a week on average) I often go into great detail and try to fill in their blanks with everything I can provide. If they do it at Dropzone, it is a completely different story. Face it...I am not going away...although going away from Dropzone has a great appeal to me sometimes. It's even been advised by people I am working with now that I am wasting my time here because issues become a personal battle. When it becomes personal, no one wins. 

Reality check:  It's been almost fifty years since Cooper. The public scene on Cooper has expanded quite a bit since that time. Conventions, forty years of parties at Ariel, documentaries galore, some with scandal involved, and most likely a movie coming. Other stuff. 

I told the producers today that I would address issues at Dropzone to a certain extent, but I am going to ignore anything that has the slightest whiff of personal to it. Otherwise, you can find out exactly how my work relates to the Cooper case in the following places shown below, or you can contact me by email. I am FAR too busy these days to go on and on with snide personal stuff that is useless and counterproductive, and those posts will be ignored. I have also decided, in order to set an example for others, that I will no longer address issues in a personal manner as well. And if I do, this will not be done at Dropzone. See below. 

For anything else, these are the sources:

The Illustrated Articles at WordPress on the Cooper Case

The DB Cooper Info Page

Everything D.B. Cooper at Quora, where others are invited to contribute what they have. When you do...your post will go out by email in its entirety, including any images, to approximately 1,600 followers and whatever other Quora users wish to share with THEIR followers. My posts go out to about 2,200 people simultaneously, and ANYONE's post is sometimes picked up by Quora staff and sent out randomly to an additional 1,000-10,000 other Quora users. Imagine the possibilities. 

The AB Message Board. This is a private message board mainly established if we need it for future use. There are few members and topics cover more than DB Cooper. Writing, publishing advice, and our Cooper Campouts are the biggest topics. Anyone registering must be known to us, (at least for now) although you do not have to provide your real name or any personal information. But for now, only people we know of on the internet will be allowed to register or view the site. Absolutely no personal attacks on others are allowed. Frankly, it is more about the public side of AB and much less about Cooper. 

Otherwise, I suggest we stick to the issues and avoid personal stuff, unless there is a valid reason for doing so. And yes...occasionally there ARE valid reasons for reporting on stories that have to do with people, rather than the strict facts about the Cooper case itself. Mostly those reasons are on a public-needs-to-know basis, and generally I try to report the facts without going too personal. As far as questions regarding Kenny Christiansen go, submit those privately or they will be ignored. This is the only way I can deal with those questions at Dropzone, because pretty soon it goes on page after page with the personal stuff. And I'm not dealing with that crap anymore. What some users do is to try playing 'gotcha' with me...not actually trying to determine the truth on something. So please don't bother going that route with me anymore. 

I do hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving. When I arrived in San Diego, about the last thing I expected was two or three inches of heavy rain over the holidays. If it weren't for the palm trees, I would have thought I never left Seattle. My mother in law dropped a big Amazon gift card on me while I was there. That was nice, and so is she. B|

Go ahead and mute me.  I don't have a lot to say, but I do enjoy reading the posts here.  You've posted 7500 times, don't you think that is a bit excessive?  You have some great thoughts on the case, but they are being drowned out by all the camping and cat posts, as well as the bickering.  People have tuned out, and anyone reading this site that is not logged in will have to sift through all the extra junk.  None of us care about the internal arguments.  I'm here to read about DB Cooper.  My time is limited, so I don't really go to all those other spots you mention.  I don't see you gaining anything by bickering.

• Like 1

(edited)

Nobody muted you. Personally, I go everywhere there is info on the Cooper case. You are not the only one with 'limited time'. And neither you or I have any real idea how many people read this thread. 

I would like to address the EU/Flyjack argument regarding the Tina Bar money. It is possible that EU is trying to float a theory that more supports Sheridan Petersen as the hijacker. According to Sheridan's bio, he wasn't even IN the USA at the time of the crime, but we only have Sheridan's bio (and possibly the lack of any State Dept. record showing a use of Petersen's passport to return to the USA at the time of the hijacking) to support Sheridan's claim he was not in the USA. 

That said, Petersen's bio goes into great detail on his activities BEFORE and AFTER the hijacking and covers a period of several years. It is unlikely that all of it is a lie. (He released the bio while running for a school board position in California in the early 2000's.) 

In other words, two things have to happen for Sheridan to be the hijacker. First, the money has to be deposited to Tina Bar at the time of the hijacking and no later. Second, this certainly means that Cooper had to have jumped over, or near, Tina Bar. Both of these things are also unlikely.

From Sheridan's bio: (some minor parts not relevant edited out and some historical dates and links added for reference) 

'In 1970 after working for the International Training Consultants developing curriculum on such topic as land reform, and village and hamlet finances, he and his Filipino wife went to Pokhara, Nepal where he wrote an eight hundred and twenty-six page novel protesting the Vietnam War. (Later stolen and published without Sheridan's permission, as we all know.) 

Peterson's two and a half years in Nepal were the happiest time of his life. He and his wife lived in a mud hut near the base of Annapurna. They had no running water, electricity, sewerage, nor heat. His two children were born in Nepal. Sheridan Jr. was born at the Sanabuwan Missionary Hospital in Katmandu. It was an ancient Rana Palace on a mountain top overlooking the city. His daughter, Ginger, was born at the Shining Mission Hospital in Pokhara.

(This claim is supported by the facts regarding the International Nepal Fellowship's historical record, shown in the previous link. Scroll down a bit when you reach the page. You will see what Petersen says about them matches the facts. The reference to the Rana Palace (there are many of them in Nepal) is accurate, and a great number were in Kathmandu, or just outside the city, although many are either destroyed today, or have been converted to government buildings or hotels. A 2015 earthquake destroyed many of them, unfortunately.)

[*There is also a complete history of Shining Mission between 1960-1970 available in PDF. It is the book While Daylight Lasts, and can be downloaded HERE. Some of the references in the book match the things Peterson says in his bio. This includes the fact that most of the doctors were women, and either British or Australian.*] See next paragraph.>>>

>>>It was comprised of a dozen tiny British World War II Quonset huts. Peterson made the delivery. The British doctor, a very tough woman lib, declared that it was the duty of every father to deliver their child. Peterson insists that it was the most nerve racking experience of his life.

In 1973 and broke, Sheridan returned to Vietnam and got a job designing curriculum for Lear Siegler Aircraft Ltd. at Bien Hoa Air Base. (A 1973 article from the New York Times references them, although they began having problems soon after April 1973) The company was training injured Vietnamese pilots to teach aircraft maintenance. During the next year and a half, he saw the country crumbling all about him.

In 1975 Saudi Arabia was not a welcome place and teaching Saudis was an arduous task. His students were angry. They hated their royal family. According to the students, before Saudi Arabia suddenly became an oil rich kingdom, these princes were nothing but Bedouin nomads who robbed pilgrims on their way to Mecca. Since they became wealthy, they were Moslem in name only. They had degenerated to drunkards, gamblers, and womanizers. And whose fault was it? The U.S. Government, of course. Peterson's students insisted that the king was a stooge of the CIA. What's more they were certain that Peterson was an agent of the CIA. It was a most uncomfortable situation. 

In 1977 Peterson and the children drove to Tehran, Iran. His wife, who had returned to the Philippines to care for an ailing mother, died of pneumonia. (wife, not mother, died-RB) was in It was May and by noon the temperature was one hundred and thirty degrees Fahrenheit. (Probably an exaggeration. It rarely goes above 97 degrees in May there.) At Kuwait, the Iraqi Counsel told Peterson that he would have to wait six weeks for a visa in order to drive through Iraq. They needed time to check him out. He might be CIA. Peterson only had a three day visa in Kuwait. What would he do? They advised him to put his car, a Soviet Lada, on a dhow, an antiquated boat, and cross the Persian Gulf. (Correct. These boats are used in the Persian Gulf and around the Middle East.) For ten days they drifted across the sea. In addition to his car, there were five Toyotas being smuggled across Iran to Pakistan. There was no room to move about, so the crew walked on the vehicles' roof tops.

At Khorramshur, they drove north through opium poppy fields to Tehran. Peterson was hired by the regional training director at Bell Helicopter International to run the learning center. (Both Bell Helicopter and Grumman had large number of employees in Tehran prior to the revolution.) His Iranian students were also suspicious of him, but they were a good natured people. It was not so astir (sic: 'austere') a society as Saudi Arabia. However, one day his students were furious. President Carter had placed his arm about the Shah and said: "I know that the people love their king." They made it very clear to Peterson that his president had no business saying such a thing; that they most certainly did not love their king. not in the least. Like the Saudis, they considered the Shah a puppet of the CIA. (Petersen's reference is probably symbolic. What Carter actually did was toast the Shah and support him in a famous foreign policy blunder.)

Peterson and the children left the day the Ayatollah Khomeini returned. (Jan/Feb 1979 - RB)  It was the first time he had witnessed a revolution. It was an exciting time. One day he watched millions of dark clad people march down Eisenhower Boulevard with raised fists protesting the Shah's despotic rule. One day Peterson's Bell Helicopter bus was burned by the Revolutionary Guard, and he had to hike across Tehran dodging sporadic fire. (Multiple articles from the time confirm that the Revolutionary Guard damaged or burned much of Bell's facility and equipment in Tehran.) 

Settling in Redondo Beach, a suburb of Los Angeles, Peterson was assistant to the dean of Northrup University's College of Engineering and taught writing for business and industry. (This claim could probably be verified by contacting Grumman, although Peterson's name for the partnership between California colleges and Grumman is slightly inaccurate.) Next he worked as an Upward Bound Coordinator for disadvantaged youth at Jordan High School in Watts (link leads to their basic history, timeline seems accurate for Petersen's claim), then he was a technical editor for the Garrett Air Research MFG, Company in Torrance.

Peterson and his children then went to Akita, Japan, and he taught English at a private language school. He then left to take a job with Bechtel in Papua New Guinea's Star Mountains as a technical training supervisor. (Petersen's job claim is partially supported by the 1981 article I linked) Injuring his back from a fall from a swing vine, he returned to the States and got a job as a technical writer with the Verbatim Corporation in Sunnyvale. (Link shows their history, and Petersen is correct that they had a division in Sunnyvale) 

In 1983 he and his children returned to Japan...'

Etc. Although Petersen is not the best self-biographer I've ever read, his brief account is fairly detailed and contains a lot of information. It is doubtful he made the whole thing up, and covers pre-hijacking all the way past the time the money was discovered on Tina Bar. The historical references he mentions, as well as the way he traveled about, ('At Khorramshur, they drove north through opium poppy fields to Tehran...') are accurate, as well as the companies he mentions and their historical locations. 

What does all this mean? It means Sheridan's submitted biography, and the details he mentions along the way, are almost certainly the truth. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins
More research done. Some additional supporting links to news articles and company histories added.

Right,,

To support the false Sheridan Peterson as Cooper narrative,

Eric must:

Change the flight path to have him land near TBAR, and

Have the money buried right after the hijacking.

There is no evidence for either of these and substantial evidence against no matter how much Eric spins it.

The case for Sheridan Peterson being Cooper is extremely weak, built on speculation, poor logic, ignoring/distorting evidence and confirmation bias.

He was in Nepal, doesn't match the profile or the physical description. All you really have is a skilled skydiver.

(edited)

'He was in Nepal, doesn't match the profile or the physical description. All you really have is a skilled skydiver.'

My view as well. The biography he posted while running for the school board position puts the nail in it for me. It is SO detailed, and gives so MANY verifiable references about him, that it is impossible to ignore. Except for a few misspellings, it lays out the alibi for Petersen better than anything else. His life is an open book. 

You can read the entire biography HERE in PDF. My take-away from the whole thing is that Peterson, a teacher who spent his whole life standing up for the rights of others, and even did peace marches during the days of civil rights activity, would not even CONSIDER the idea of threatening people just for money. Even more than 15 years since he first submitted it to the Windsor Unified School District, I had little problem verifying many of the claims Peterson makes in his bio. EU apparently ignored all that, or didn't research Peterson as well as he thought. On a more practical note, just LEAVING Nepal back in 1971 and returning to the USA wasn't simply a matter of calling a cab to the nearest airport. It involved long and difficult travel using very poor transportation facilities. 

It took me less than an hour to create the original post, the one with the links, the dates, the references...plus a bit more to research out some additional information that was added. How long did EU say he was researching Peterson? Ten years?

Edited by RobertMBlevins
Accidentally made references to Tibet, instead of Nepal. Some inaccurate information removed.

(edited)
8 hours ago, haggarknew said:

As per Sheridan being Cooper, it is hard for me to get past him being bald with blue eyes.

Hard to say if he was actually bald in 1971. Most pictures of him are more recent, or he's wearing a parachutist's helmet. I wouldn't really know about that. I agree on the blue eyes thing though. 

I guess this next bit is 'sort-of' Cooper related. This is what happened on my recent Thanksgiving trip to San Diego:  (from my post at another website) I figured some of you would want to know, even if you would never say so. B|

"It poured two and a half inches of rain over the holiday all over SoCal. If it weren't for all the palm trees, I would have thought I was still home in Seattle LOL. Some flash flooding here and there, but she lives on a hill. They even got SNOW on the Grapevine near LA and in the foothills east of there. When we got off the plane back in Seattle it was clear and frickin' 29 degrees. And I was looking forward to a Sunny SoCal break. Never happened. Figures. 

The Good Parts: I got security garage storage for the Teal Terror when I left Seattle, first class plane tickets on Alaska Airlines round trip, and prepaid/pre-tipped limo service to and from the San Diego airport. No one cooked. We went to fancy restaurants for every meal. Mother in law paid for everything, which she can easily afford.

When I got home, I discovered the movie production company we signed with three years ago to do the first-ever feature film on the DB Cooper hijacking case had sent me an updated draft of the script for approval, and told me they were paying the option for another year. (Check is four figures) Christmas came early, although the option check doesn't come at Christmas, but in February each year..."

'Updated draft of the script for approval' means I saw the version they sent just prior to leaving for San Diego, and they made some changes I suggested. For example, they had Tina Mucklow as the stew initially approached by Cooper, instead of Schaffner. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
5 hours ago, haggarknew said:

I thought there was a pic of Sheridan P. from 1972 posted online somewhere?  I may be mistaken.

Sheridan Peterson photo 1966. Cooper was roundly described as swarthy/latin/Mexican/Native Indian in appearance and complexion. Hair was normal, parted on left combed back, also curly/wavy/marcelled.

Suspects run the spectrum from ridiculous to interesting to potential, though Peterson isn't the very worst fit for Cooper, he is well down the list at the weak end. Other than his impressive skydiving skills there is no case..

Eric is good at selling/promoting his Sheridan narrative but take a serious look beyond the curtain of hype and there is nothing there. It is just a woven narrative of innuendo, speculation and distortions of the evidence. Classic goal seeking.

sp1966.jpeg.9f5fdf495b46722a1723ebe77f88d60e.jpeg

The best sketch of Cooper..

7ZYKY3BARTJMANXQMK4SAA5BHY.jpg.22d2612318e57d4ee40e69a6aa06881b.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

I like to remind people from time to time that Gary Ridgway, aka The Green River Killer, was being hunted for, and guessed about, for years in the SeaTac/Des Moines, WA area. His sketch, provided by a couple of witnesses...was plastered everywhere you could imagine around here. Even on the doors of stores, such as they sometimes do with missing dogs or cats. 

He also lived IN Des Moines. No one recognized him from the sketch...not even the guys at the Green River Task Force office who pulled in Ridgway and asked him for a DNA sample (his sketch and wanted poster were right THERE on their office walls), or the SeaTac Airport cops who stopped him once for suspicious behavior. Or his co-workers at Kenworth truck painting. Or anyone in the cities of SeaTac or Des Moines. 

Not even me...who also saw him in the checkout line at the Seven Eleven where I lived. He lived just up the street in a cul de sac neighborhood. I only recognized him when they caught him later and I saw his picture in the paper, and told Gayla, "That's the guy I saw at the Seven Eleven last year..."

Just saying...sketches are what they are. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

This is getting silly..

Now people are claiming the Palmer report is wrong because TBAR would have eroded.. well good reasoning if you don't know the facts. TBAR erosion isn't linear.

TBAR and the Fazio property is mile marker 97.1..

In 1976/77 200,000 cu/yds was deposited at mile 97.3 just upstream of TBAR. It was an erosion mitigation project. 

Dumping 200,00 cu/yds on the shore just upstream of TBAR would have added sediment to TBAR... 

In fact, this is one of my top TBAR theories, that the money may have come from this operation, worked loose and landed on TBAR. 

Claiming erosion is a linear constant is a false premise.

dredgespoils.jpeg.4c74a9921f279c891e07f0d5f2988f53.jpeg

sauviebeachnourishment1.jpg.e2122e6afd89b89410c021d3bd5b83a8.jpg

Well, one thing is certain. The money didn't drop from the sky. The flight path, to my opinion, is verified well enough. There is no reasonable method of water delivery. And it's unlikely the money was out there for nine years. 

I have seen campsites where people buried their paper garbage the year prior, during spring of the following year. Most of the paper is rotted mush and little else. Things have a habit of degrading rather quickly in the NW due to the heavy rains. I dunno. It's not scientific, I'll admit. And paper money is probably tougher than a cardboard box. 

(edited)
16 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I like to remind people from time to time that Gary Ridgway, aka The Green River Killer, was being hunted for, and guessed about, for years in the SeaTac/Des Moines, WA area. His sketch, provided by a couple of witnesses...was plastered everywhere you could imagine around here. Even on the doors of stores, such as they sometimes do with missing dogs or cats. 

He also lived IN Des Moines. No one recognized him from the sketch...not even the guys at the Green River Task Force office who pulled in Ridgway and asked him for a DNA sample (his sketch and wanted poster were right THERE on their office walls), or the SeaTac Airport cops who stopped him once for suspicious behavior. Or his co-workers at Kenworth truck painting. Or anyone in the cities of SeaTac or Des Moines. 

Not even me...who also saw him in the checkout line at the Seven Eleven where I lived. He lived just up the street in a cul de sac neighborhood. I only recognized him when they caught him later and I saw his picture in the paper. 

Just saying...sketches are what they are. 

You can't compare the NORJAK witness environment to Ridgway..

That final Cooper sketch is closest, not exact but close.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

I may have been wrong about Ridgway being stopped by the airport cops. I think that could have been Ted Bundy. The Great Northwest. First Bundy, then Ridgway...oh, brother. 

Police sketches can drive you nuts. You get a boatload of people who saw the perp, and the witnesses are usually all over the place. It's like the old story of the blind men trying to feel around to identify the elephant. 

In fact, police sketches (according to THIS article, which goes into some depth about them) says they are a real match only 9% of the time. And that they aren't done to create a spitting image of the suspect, but to draw the public's attention to the case. 

Historically, some HAVE been pretty accurate though. The article points out the Timothy McVeigh sketch as one of them. And Ted Bundy's was not bad. One of the problems with the Cooper sketch is that both the sketch and the general description of Cooper could fit an awful lot of people. No scars or tattoos noticed, no real distinguishing features. An ordinary-looking guy, five-something to maybe six-one, white guy with a decent tan, or maybe a guy with Hispanic or Native American blood going, dressed in a suit, etc. That could literally fit a few million people. 

(Good news on the trying-to-keep-the-public-interested-in-Cooper front. Our Everything D.B. Cooper space at Quora went up to 1,700 followers today. Currently we're picking up about a hundred additional followers each week. I won't post another link to it. Everyone knows how to find us anyway.)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

NOTE: I have seen a comment elsewhere saying I won't answer questions at DZ regarding Cooper suspect Kenny Christiansen. This comment was made by the same person who blocked both PM here from me, as well as emails. I am also banned from his website. Well, I was 'pre-banned' as it was being set up a few years ago. Believe it or not, I am okay with that but....

The comment is not entirely true. I said I would gladly answer questions...but not publicly here on Dropzone. The person who said that stuff is free to ask their questions anytime...by either PM or email. That's the way most people do it anyway. I receive an average of about a dozen questions or comments about either Kenny or the case itself each week. Most of these messages come from people I do not know. 

But...answering questions about KC at Dropzone only causes people (usually with personal agendas) to come out of the woodwork. Then the personal comments and snide comments come rolling in to Dropzone, page after page. And people get bored with that. (Can't say I blame them.) My current policy is better for me, and certainly better for Dropzone and readers of this thread. If you choose to block PM's and emails, it is not my fault your questions don't get answered. It is yours. 

You can't cut the phone line and then sit there and wonder why you never get any calls. B|

3 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

No one said Five "something", and no one said white guy with a tan. Those are your words, because they fit your suspect.

Those ARE my words. And that description could fit about a quarter of the white guys in America. And I said five something to six something anyway. You are cherry picking again. So bring a bucket. 

On 11/19/2019 at 6:04 PM, Andrade1812 said:

I don't how many skydivers are still on this thread, but I'm looking for help: I would like to talk to any old-timers who were skydivers in the late 60s and early 70s who were jumping in Los Angeles. Specifically, anyone who was at the Elsinore Paracenter in the summer of 1971. 

Any referrals would be most welcome, PM me or contact me at marty.andrade at gmail 

I live in Lake Elsinore Marty. Lyle Cameron who was running the paracenter at the time was the guy who told the fbi this when they came to the DZ shortly after norjack. Lyle passed away in a plane crash in Honduras in 93. I talked to his son Lyle Cameron Jr. I read him the fbi 302 and he said he heard the exact same report verbatim not directly from his dad but one of his dads skydiving buddies (couldn’t recall names thinks maybe Jerry Tyson) matching description, smoking Raleigh’s, Cochran boots, asking questions on how to jump out of a Jet. I asked if he made a jump he said no just came asked questions and left. He also added that the jumpers described him as being geeky looking same terminology Mitchell used for describing cooper. I asked Cameron jr if any of those guys there that day might still be alive he said most likely there all dead. Another interesting tidbit, Mark Metzler said at the conference that Elsinore was a known recruiting hub for the CIA. One of the last two people jack ruby called before he killed Oswald was Lyle Cameron Sr. It’s in the fbi files. I brought this up with his son and he also knew about this and has also been puzzled...to quote him “what was ruby doing calling my old man.” He believes his dad worked for the government and was killed by them. My guess is cooper wasn’t a sports jumper and wasn’t a regular jumper in the military, most likely a fighter pilot who had one emergency jump or something so he was sent or advised to go to lake elsinore and talk to Lyle (pioneer of the sport, started skydiving magazine) to do some homework for norjack. That could explain why Tina saw cooper look at the packing cards. That’s something a sports jumper would tell him to look for and where there located. This Elsinore incident is too big of a coincident to me, a guy matching description smoking Raleigh’s and asking about jumping out of jets 3 months prior, it has to be related. I believe this incident and the incident a week before norjack where there was a report of flares being dropped from a low flying plane in cottage grove Oregon to the Eugene are both directly related to the case. 

Edited by Nicholas Broughton
  • Like 1

"One of the last two people jack ruby called before he killed Oswald was Lyle Cameron Sr. It’s in the fbi files. I brought this up with his son and he also knew about this and has also been puzzled...to quote him “what was ruby doing calling my old man.” He believes his dad worked for the government and was killed by them..."

Just an opinion, but Cameron Jr.should be interviewed for the Vortex show. Here at AB of Seattle, we no longer actively support Darren on the internet, but that doesn't mean we believe the show is invalid either. Episodes have been...and will continue to be...played during the day at Cooper Campouts. (I have all the episodes on a USB flash drive, which plugs into the stereo.)

That's a fairly big statement there by Cameron, involving both the Kennedy assassination and possible murder by the US Government. Should be made public. There is enough Cooper-related material in Nicholas' post to make it worth it. Time to get the full story from the source, as it were. 

(Side note. I got an email yesterday, not the nicest one I've ever received, saying no one listens to me. Maybe, maybe not. Below is a stat picture of my last 12 months at Quora dot com, where I spend a lot of time answering questions OTHER than D.B. Cooper. I sent him the picture. :) )

StatsQuora12months.jpg

Here's another funny bit. I got ANOTHER email telling me that Adventure Books of Seattle had won the 'Best Publisher in Auburn' (WA) award. And that I should claim my award. Wow, how cool is that, right? LOL...turns out you have to BUY the cheap plastic trophy (shown below) for between $150-$200. Uh, huh. Some company out of New Jersey, no less. 

BaloneyAtWork.jpg.0c4fe79668b99d4faed9d41eb882be2e.jpg

This is what I told them in a reply email:

"I don't need your cheesy award which you made for a few bucks and sell for a lot more. Your company is total bullshit and you probably found me on Google anyway. Get a real job that doesn't involve scamming people out of a couple of hundred bucks..."

B| I am awful. I admit it. On the other hand, both regarding Cooper and in the real world, I have little patience for scammers or phonies. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

8 hours ago, Nicholas Broughton said:

I live in Lake Elsinore Marty. Lyle Cameron who was running the paracenter at the time was the guy who told the fbi this when they came to the DZ shortly after norjack. Lyle passed away in a plane crash in Honduras in 93. I talked to his son Lyle Cameron Jr. I read him the fbi 302 and he said he heard the exact same report verbatim not directly from his dad but one of his dads skydiving buddies (couldn’t recall names thinks maybe Jerry Tyson) matching description, smoking Raleigh’s, Cochran boots, asking questions on how to jump out of a Jet. I asked if he made a jump he said no just came asked questions and left. He also added that the jumpers described him as being geeky looking same terminology Mitchell used for describing cooper. I asked Cameron jr if any of those guys there that day might still be alive he said most likely there all dead. Another interesting tidbit, Mark Metzler said at the conference that Elsinore was a known recruiting hub for the CIA. One of the last two people jack ruby called before he killed Oswald was Lyle Cameron Sr. It’s in the fbi files. I brought this up with his son and he also knew about this and has also been puzzled...to quote him “what was ruby doing calling my old man.” He believes his dad worked for the government and was killed by them. My guess is cooper wasn’t a sports jumper and wasn’t a regular jumper in the military, most likely a fighter pilot who had one emergency jump or something so he was sent or advised to go to lake elsinore and talk to Lyle (pioneer of the sport, started skydiving magazine) to do some homework for norjack. That could explain why Tina saw cooper look at the packing cards. That’s something a sports jumper would tell him to look for and where there located. This Elsinore incident is too big of a coincident to me, a guy matching description smoking Raleigh’s and asking about jumping out of jets 3 months prior, it has to be related. I believe this incident and the incident a week before norjack where there was a report of flares being dropped from a low flying plane in cottage grove Oregon to the Eugene are both directly related to the case. 

Nicholas-is there still a jump center there? Do they have records from 1971?

7 hours ago, BParker said:

Nicholas-is there still a jump center there? Do they have records from 1971?

The DZ is still there, I didn’t think the log books would help after I learned the guy didn’t jump but it just occurred to me that if the log books are still around I could check the names of everybody who jumped on that day and interview them. I’m going to find out if there are log books still around from 71.