10 10
quade

DB Cooper

I suggest anyone using a primary email address here change it. since this site has an open registration it allows spambots or human spammers to register and get to profiles and retrieve emails. I, along with several others have received emails claiming to be from this site and asking to reset your password. DO NOT follow any links the email provides or they will get your password. I've been getting up to five emails a day. I simply blocked the address. 

We have detected 3 failed log in attempts to your account from Cartersville, Georgia, 30121, United States.

If this wasn't you, someone else may be trying to access your account. These log in attempts were unsuccessful and we have blocked the IP address from further attempts so no action is required. You may however want to change your password for greater security, especially if you use the same password on other websites.

(edited)

No hack attempt here, but my main internet email always gets spam anyway. Most never gets past the filter. 

Got home this morning before the rain came...everyone had fun. We did movies, discussions around the fire, usual stuff. I decided to nix the idea of a video this time. Frankly, NFL games on the radio sounded better to me. Westwood One network, etc. 

Yep...that was the last Cooper Campout for 2019. Nothing coming until spring. Time to start thinking about that Thanksgiving trip to California that's coming up. Nothing Cooper is on the menu at least through New Years.

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Flyjack says in part:

'Where was the bomb assembled? Likely close by, a hotel/motel? he wouldn't have flown/travelled with it to Seattle..'

You mean Portland of course. No big deal. According to Bernie Geestman's niece Denise, Cooper did it in her uncle's garage. Her testimony (shot in the front seat of Gayla's 1998 Nissan Pathfinder, from the back seat) comes out in the John Dower documentary. Sounded pretty convincing to me, but I would like to see Dower's take on things. They must be finished with editing by now. Minnow Films established the holding company for the film back in spring. Release is probably soon. Besides yours truly and Denise, other Cooper folk appearing in this film include Lyle Christiansen, Bruce Smith, and the Forman couple. Dower and crew were all over the USA for months. I don't know who else is included in the documentary. 

6 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Flyjack says in part:

You mean Portland of course. No big deal. According to Bernie Geestman's niece Denise, Cooper did it in her uncle's garage. Her testimony (shot in the front seat of Gayla's 1998 Nissan Pathfinder, from the back seat) comes out in the John Dower documentary. Sounded pretty convincing to me, but I would like to see Dower's take on things. They must be finished with editing by now. Minnow Films established the holding company for the film back in spring. Release is probably soon. Besides yours truly and Denise, other Cooper folk appearing in this film include Lyle Christiansen, Bruce Smith, and the Forman couple. Dower and crew were all over the USA for months. I don't know who else is included in the documentary. 

yup, I meant close to Portland..  

I have a new message from the film production company in Los Angeles, (actually there are two companies involved, but I usually only communicate with one of them). They say two things today. First, they are extending the option to the KC story for 2020 and paying the option fee. (relatively modest four figures) Second, they should be releasing an announcement in the near future. 

The only real problem has been the final selection of the screenwriter and the creation of the shooting script. Everyone has always been on the same page with this issue, including me. It was decided early on to hold out for a good writer with a track record in Hollywood. (Otherwise, what's the point?) And those people are not easy to get, and also receive more money for their work than I will ever see from this movie. 

Over a period of two years and more, they have interviewed dozens of writers for the job. Last year they narrowed it down to ten people who got second and third interviews. More recently, they finally got down to two writers who were still in the running. Both of them have now submitted 20-25 page 'treatments' on how they would approach the Kenny Christiansen story, and a decision very soon between which one gets the job should be expected. 

Everyone reading this should understand something. This is not a personal, 100% endorsement from me that KC was Cooper, although frankly with the evidence we have now, plus what belongs exclusively to the movie companies (until they either make the movie or drop the option) I do support the idea that he COULD have been Cooper. Second, it is important to remember that Hollywood is a business. It is not an internet forum where people debate the merits of a suspect, or the lack of them. It's entertainment. Movies are done to make money for the producers. 

I would be lying if I said I didn't care about these things. Back when History Channel did the Brad Meltzer's Decoded episode on Christiansen, I was more into the 'moral' end of things. They offered me $5,000 for my appearance and I foolishly turned it down because I didn't want people to think I was presenting KC's story just for money. I also refused to accept an additional $1,000 for my appearance on the Comcast Sports Net (EU's old hangout) show Adrenaline Hunter with Bethy Rossos. Oh yea, I was PLENTY moral and felt very righteous about that. 

Then I saw how foolish all that was. Before I came to that realization, I even turned down a one-time payment of $25,000 from CBS Films for the KC story, but that was because they told me flat-out they were going to take 'serious liberties' (their words) with the story. That offer came through Paradigm in New York City. 

Later, I wondered if I had done the smart thing being all moral like that and all. :/ Maybe I was just being stupid, I thought. 

So when the offer came in to do the movie back in January 2017, I decided to forego the morals (to an extent) and go along with the program. And frankly folks...it ain't been easy to keep their secrets through that confidentiality agreement going on three years now. But I tempered the commercial end of it by telling myself two things:

1) Authors don't turn down the money when someone approaches them to create a film based on their book, and the accompanying investigatory files that went along with that book. It is OKAY to take the money, I said. 

2) I held out for some script approval, and the right to assign up to two people as paid consultants on that same script. In other words, we would stick to the truth or not go at all. I got these concessions. Bruce Smith was offered one of the consulting jobs at $15,000 and a listing of his book, and as an associate producer in the film credits. He turned that down. Okay, that's his right. This job was later taken by one person, who received double that amount upon my urging. (I told the film companies that if we had HIM, we didn't need any other consultants on the KC story...so why not pay him the amount that was budgeted for TWO consultants and leave it at that? They agreed.) Looking back, it was probably better all around that Bruce turned down the job, mainly because I worried he would not be able to keep confidentiality...and that could have ended the whole project. 

I promise you this much:  When I know more details, YOU will know...or unless the production companies make an announcement in the trades. If and when they do...I will (FINALLY!) be released from the confidentiality agreement and can answer any questions you wish to ask about the project. I'm allowed to give you a few details, though...based on where the script is going now. 

The movie will probably start with a scene of the hijacker in the rear of the jet preparing to jump, just after Mucklow goes forward for the last time. It will show him prepping for the jump and getting that last call from the flight deck. Then he will open the stairs, go down...and jump. Scene will show him disappearing in the clouds below. Then the story will be told in flashbacks, mainly KC's life story up until the hijacking. They also plan to go beyond that and cover the investigation on him that came after his death. 

I was asked once who I thought should play ME, no kidding. That's funny and I wasn't prepared for that question. ("You're bringing the story up to the present day?" "Yes, Robert.") Who indeed? I had not the slightest idea, although Gayla says she thinks I'm a lot like Richard Dreyfuss. Yeah...right. B| I told them THEY could decide. I had no idea but I don't think I'm anything like Dreyfuss. 

(edited)

I get a lot of survival-based questions at Quora. Some of them have to do with Cooper and some do not. I try to answer them as best I can. Today someone asked what are the best signaling methods if you are lost in the woods or something. I told them THIS. 

Too bad Cooper didn't have some of these things. Or that they couldn't plant them in the parachute somehow...B|

EDIT: Because I have been misquoted occasionally on my personal theory regarding the Tina Bar money...I want to set the record straight. Just like practically everyone else in Cooperland, I have a theory on how the ransom money ended up on the banks of the Columbia River. 

My personal theory is that the money was tossed into the Columbia River some time AFTER the Portland FBI office got their 'John Doe' warrant and were able to bypass the Statute of Limitations. And that this money was placed inside something else before it was released into the river. My bet says a paper bag or something. 

And...that this money was eventually dredged to the location where it was found. 

I have some reasons for this theory and I will list them:

1) I think the flight path as presented by the FBI to this very day...is correct. 

2) If you believe that the path IS correct...then the only place Cooper could have gone kerplunk into the Columbia is somewhere over Portland, which is several miles upstream from Tina Bar. 

3) The idea that more than one bundle of the cash could have traveled downriver for miles and ended up in the same exact spot at Tina Bar is unlikely. In fact, I think you would have a better chance of winning the lottery than separate bundles staying together while going downriver for miles. On a small side note, I believe the money was released into the river not necessarily AT Tina Bar...but not too far upriver either. Tina Bar is private property. Cooper probably released this money within a relatively short distance from where it was eventually discovered. Perhaps even from the other side of the river somewhere, but not far from Tina Bar. The reason being, the bills/bundles would have scattered after whatever container he used to hold the bills disintegrated in the river. 

4) The Citizen Sleuths have presented decent evidence that the ransom bills found at Tina Bar could not have survived for the amount of time between the time of the hijacking, and when the money was discovered.

5) If you believe the Sleuths' conclusion that the money could not have survived for almost nine years, then you can assume the money did not arrive at Tina Bar anywhere near the actual time of the hijacking.

6) At the time the FBI obtained their Constitution-skirting John Doe warrant, this was big news in the Pacific Northwest and was broadcast heavily on Northwest television news at the time. 

7) Knowing that, it is safe to assume that Cooper probably saw the news reports like everyone else. Unless he was a complete idiot, he had ample time to research the Statute of Limitations on air piracy and discovered that it was five years. (It has since been extended, but for the Cooper case, it was five years.) This fact about the statute was also mentioned in local media several times anyway...as the date the statute would expire on Cooper approached. 

8) Putting yourself in Cooper's shoes, you can also assume that if he knew the date he would be free and clear, that he would be looking forward to that date. (November 24, 1976) In other words, no more jumping out of your skin every time someone you didn't expect comes knocking at your door. Especially if they happen to be dressed in suits. 

9) Again putting yourself in Cooper's shoes, imagine his disappointment and fear by now knowing the FBI could continue to search for him the remainder of his life when they obtained their John Doe warrant in November 1976.

10) Putting all these things together, it is safe to assume that Cooper may have decided to toss a 'red herring' into the mix in order to confuse the FBI, and possibly convince them he had died in the jump. 

11) On the other hand, Cooper would be faced with a quandary. If he does a simple money plant on land, maybe along the flight path, then the money might never be discovered. And even if it IS discovered, it might still be spendable depending on how the plant was done, i.e. whether or not it was planted in a manner as to protect it from the elements. In that case, anyone finding it might just keep it. 

12) With a land plant, the FBI is also going to do an extensive search of the area if the money is turned in. If they don't find a body, a briefcase, a parachute, any of the remaining money, or a briefcase, his attempted red herring would not only fail...but convince the FBI that Cooper might still be alive. In other words, it would have the opposite effect he intended. They could even ramp up the investigation even more than it was already. 

13) With a water plant, his red herring attempt had a better chance of success. This is because if the FBI finds no other evidence in the area, they might be convinced he died by landing in the Columbia, a major river where a lack of other evidence could be explained easily by the idea that it IS a big river, and eventually reaches the Pacific Ocean. One plus is that after being exposed to water, the money might be damaged enough to encourage the finder to report it, rather than just keeping it and trying to spend it.

14) It is known that after the discovery of the Tina Bar money, that the FBI began saying Cooper was probably dead, and also started cutting both the budget and the resources to continue looking for him. Those things ALSO came out in the news from time to time and probably encouraged Cooper a bit. 

In a nutshell, I believe that Cooper...once he got word that the FBI bypassed the Statute of Limitations on him...decided to take matters into his own hands, and if he did, that he succeeded to a degree. The only thing he couldn't control by pulling off that stunt was exactly WHEN and WHERE the money would eventually be found. It might never be discovered, and he probably realized that when he tossed that bag of bills into the Columbia River. 

As it turned out (assuming my theory is true) it turned out better than he hoped. 

It's just a theory, but that is my official one on the Tina Bar money. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins
Late spelling and sentence structure corrections. It's my theory on the Tina Bar money, and it should be as accurate as possible.

Not a good theory.

There is no logical reason to put the money in a paper bag or any other type of container. None.

The money was not given to Cooper in a paper bag. If someone finds 3 stacks of Cooper money in a paper bag, it implies that Cooper is alive since it would be obvious that the money was removed from the bank bag and put into a paper bag. Who else would have access to the money to do that besides the guy that bailed out of the plane with it? It would in no way imply that Cooper died in the jump, but rather that he lived.

It is much more probable that the stacks of bills, however they got in the Columbia, traveled in the same container that they left the plane in. 

(edited)

The flightpath is solid, to reject it for an alternative requires the NORJAK crew, NWA, Boeing, the Air Force, flight controllers and chase pilots to all be collectively wrong and to cover it up.

There weren't three bundles found on TBAR..

There were 3 packets.. of 100 bills (one was missing some)

Cooper received randomize sized bundles of packets (100 bills).. 

The three packets found on TBAR went to Cooper in a bundle. The argument that the three packets landed independently and must have been in a container is not valid and an error. The 3 packets of money most likely came from ONE bundle. With that, there are many theories for the money arriving at TBAR as one bundle. 

I have several theories,, my favourite one is that the TBAR money was the money offered to the stews.. as we know it was separated from the money bag. But, it may as simple as Cooper dropping a bundle on the stairs and it fell off over the Columbia after he jumped.

Edited by FLYJACK

19 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

The flightpath is solid, to reject it for an alternative requires the NORJAK crew, NWA, Boeing, the Air Force, flight controllers and chase pilots to all be collectively wrong and to cover it up.

There weren't three bundles found on TBAR..

There were 3 packets.. of 100 bills (one was missing some)

Cooper received randomize sized bundles of packets (100 bills).. 

The three packets found on TBAR went to Cooper in a bundle. The argument that the three packets landed independently and must have been in a container is not valid and an error. The 3 packets of money most likely came from ONE bundle. With that, there are many theories for the money arriving at TBAR as one bundle. 

I have several theories,, my favourite one is that the TBAR money was the money offered to the stews.. as we know it was separated from the money bag. But, it may that Cooper dropped a bundle on the stairs and it fell off over the Columbia after he jumped.

On Page 16 of the files just released, it says the "tip" offered to the stews came from his own money. Not the ransom money. 

Tip.jpg

2 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Not a good theory.

There is no logical reason to put the money in a paper bag or any other type of container. None.

The money was not given to Cooper in a paper bag. If someone finds 3 stacks of Cooper money in a paper bag, it implies that Cooper is alive since it would be obvious that the money was removed from the bank bag and put into a paper bag. Who else would have access to the money to do that besides the guy that bailed out of the plane with it? It would in no way imply that Cooper died in the jump, but rather that he lived.

It is much more probable that the stacks of bills, however they got in the Columbia, traveled in the same container that they left the plane in. 

In the same container that they left in? That would assume Cooper went splash-into-the-Columbia, or all the radar data was wrong as well as the flight path, crew reports on where Cooper jumped are a lie, the Citizen Sleuths were wrong about their research, and three 'packets' somehow traveled miles together and ended up together with no other evidence found at Tina Bar...

That list of events is much MORE unlikely, Parrot. 

(edited)
52 minutes ago, EVickiW said:

On Page 16 of the files just released, it says the "tip" offered to the stews came from his own money. Not the ransom money. 

Tip.jpg

but Tina confirmed she asked for and rec'd ransom money, she claimed she gave it back,, and in one of the books Cooper offered money to the other stews as well.

I don't believe the tip story. It doesn't make sense or fit the timeline when you carefully line up all the Stew's stories. Cooper had his drink hours before and received change, no tip then. After he receives the ransom he hands ransom money to Tina, she returned it using the no tip allowed excuse but the time Cooper tried to tip the stew's came later. Cooper has $200,000 and tries to tip 3 the stew's change from a $20 after he gave ransom money to Tina,, no way.

In one of the Cooper books, Cooper offered the other stew's ransom money as well.

IMO, the tip story is bogus…  

At 14:29 in video, Cooper offered ransom money to EACH stew..  3 stews and 3 packets found on TBAR?

Edited by FLYJACK

4 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

In the same container that they left in? That would assume Cooper went splash-into-the-Columbia, or all the radar data was wrong as well as the flight path, crew reports on where Cooper jumped are a lie, the Citizen Sleuths were wrong about their research, and three 'packets' somehow traveled miles together and ended up together with no other evidence found at Tina Bar...

That list of events is much MORE unlikely, Parrot. 

Robert, I don't pretend to know how the money got there. It's obviously the biggest unknown in this case, other than the obvious one. But the idea that Kenny, or anyone else, put money in a paper bag and tossed it in the Columbia to make it appear that Cooper died is ridiculous. If that was the plan, then why not plant the money somewhere within the area where he landed? If he survived, then Cooper knew where he came down and where they think he came down. Why go out of that range to plant money? And if you wanted them to find the money, tossing it in any body of water is not the way to make that happen. Again, this is a bad theory and it is a theory designed to fit around a suspect.

4 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

but Tina confirmed she asked for and rec'd ransom money, she claimed she gave it back,, and in one of the books Cooper offered money to the other stews as well.

I don't believe the tip story. It doesn't make sense or fit the timeline when you carefully line up all the Stew's stories. Cooper had his drink hours before and received change, no tip then. After he receives the ransom he hands ransom money to Tina, she returned it using the no tip allowed excuse but the time Cooper tried to tip the stew's came later. Cooper has $200,000 and tries to tip 3 the stew's change from a $20 after he gave ransom money to Tina,, no way.

In one of the Cooper books, Cooper offered the other stew's ransom money as well.

IMO, the tip story is bogus…  

At 14:29 in video, Cooper offered ransom money to EACH stew..  3 stews and 3 packets found on TBAR?

I have always thought that he offered the change from the $20 as a tip and then later when the money was brought on board, he offered some to Tina after she made a joke about wanting some of it. That's the way I've always understood it to have happened.

(edited)
50 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

I have always thought that he offered the change from the $20 as a tip and then later when the money was brought on board, he offered some to Tina after she made a joke about wanting some of it. That's the way I've always understood it to have happened.

me too, originally, but not so,,

I carefully went through the timeline from the witnesses in the FBI files and matched the stories up,,

This was hours after the drink change was given back to Cooper.

and the claim of Cooper tipping from pockets occurred after the money was on board and after Tina was given ransom money and claimed she returned it,,  that is one reason I believe it is a made up story, an embellishment, a virtue signal.

Only Cooper and the stews really know what happened.

Anybody really think Cooper is going to tip 3 stews from $18 when he has $200,000 and already gave some to Tina.

One TBAR theory is that one or more of the Stews kept some ransom money and discarded it later.. it never left the plane with Cooper.

Edited by FLYJACK

42 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

One TBAR theory is that one or more of the Stews kept some ransom money and discarded it later.. it never left the plane with Cooper.

Similar to the Recca account where he gave his buddy some money and he later tossed it. I don't buy that one either, but it makes more sense than an intentional plant.

25 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Similar to the Recca account where he gave his buddy some money and he later tossed it. I don't buy that one either, but it makes more sense than an intentional plant.

There is more evidence to support this theory...  Tina moved to within a few miles of the Columbia River just upstream of TBAR in the late 1970's..

(edited)

'...or anyone else, put money in a paper bag and tossed it in the Columbia to make it appear that Cooper died is ridiculous. If that was the plan, then why not plant the money somewhere within the area where he landed? If he survived, then Cooper knew where he came down and where they think he came down. Why go out of that range to plant money? And if you wanted them to find the money, tossing it in any body of water is not the way to make that happen. Again, this is a bad theory and it is a theory designed to fit around a suspect.'

My theory on the money has nothing to do with a particular suspect. It is how I believe the money ended up there. The paper bag is a small point, but it would explain a couple of things. For example, would anyone just toss open packets of cash into a river where someone might see it being done? A fisherman, or someone on a boat for example? And how did more than one packet end up in the same spot? A bag or other biodegradable container might explain how that happened. Such a container might sink after a while and get dredged, with the bag or container eventually rotting away before the actual dredging process. 

Sure, it is a mystery. But it is also an absolute minimum of six miles, and up to twenty plus miles between the flight path area where Cooper may have jumped...to the spot at Tina Bar. Not that this matters, but on every flight I've ever taken that made a stop in Portland from SeaTac, you can look out there on your right and the I-5 freeway is pretty far away, if you can see it at all. Tina Bar is farther out than that. 

I already explained why I thought a post-John Doe warrant plant wouldn't work over land. Even if someone turned in the money, like the FBI did with the Amboy parachute question...they would do an extensive search of the area where such money was found. Finding zip...they would realize Cooper was not dead and would assume he just dropped the money....NOT that he died...which would be the whole purpose of the plant. This is why a water delivery makes sense. The FBI could not be sure. If this WAS Cooper's plan, it was not only smart, but it worked as well. Of course, this assumes Cooper actually lived and did not die in the jump. 

On a personal note, when the date the Statute of Limitations was approaching I was about 22 years old...and Northwest TV news was all over this with several stories, and then BANG...word comes out that the FBI got their John Doe warrant. (It was a complete surprise to everyone.) If Cooper lived, you have to believe he saw these reports like everyone else. Must have been absolutely crushing news to him. Can you imagine the utter depression of it? The disappointment? One minute you are counting the days on the calendar when the statute expires, and the next you find out the cops will be hunting you the rest of your life. All they have to do is keep renewing the warrant when necessary. But for the previous five years you've been living in fear...now it becomes a lifetime of fear. 

Yes...this could have driven Cooper to do something like trying to throw the FBI off the case. And if you remember, the FBI started saying after the money was found that Cooper was probably dead, and they started scaling back the investigation. 

I think the one thing Cooper didn't count on was for it to be four long years between the time the money was probably tossed, until the time it was found. He was probably hoping it would be found not long after he pulled that stunt near Tina Bar. He may have even given up hope that ANYONE would find it. But then someone did. 

I thought about all this for a long time and wondered what Cooper was hoping as far as a find scenario. It sure wasn't dredging, so what was his hope? I came to the idea that he might have been hoping the bills would eventually scatter here and there and at least one of them would turn up on a riverbank between the area the money was put into the river...and the beaches near the mouth of the Columbia. Just one bill would have done it. I think that's what he had in mind. But then the bills stayed together and ended up not being found for years. (He probably didn't count on that, and was probably as surprised as anyone else when the money finally turned up.) I also wondered why he didn't remove the rubber bands from the packets FIRST, since this would make it much more likely at least a single bill would be found. 

And then it came to me WHY:  Because the FBI would realize a human being would have to have removed the rubber bands. And that points to either a plant, or someone got their hands on the money first. So he gambled three packets, hoping maybe at least one would be found. 

When you see all those logs and sticks washed up along the beaches near the mouths of Northwest rivers, they did not come from Japan. They are local. They come down the rivers and then wash back up onshore near the mouths of these rivers. Cooper was probably hoping for just a single packet to turn up either there...or farther upstream. I still think they ended up dredged to Tina Bar because it is too much of a coincidence to believe they washed up in a spot where dredge spoils were found. Bag sinks instead...money packets eventually get pumped out onto the beach. A little sand pushed around by the Fazios, and there they sit for who knows how long before being discovered. 

Tom Kaye's tests show that the money could not have survived in the condition it was found for nine full years. So this leaves a period of water delivery sometime after November 1976 until the money was found in 1980. Maybe Cooper waited a year or two before making his move. He would have had to work out a plan, and that might take a while. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

4 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

And then it came to me WHY:  Because the FBI would realize a human being would have to have removed the rubber bands. And that points to either a plant, or someone got their hands on the money first. So he gambled three packets, hoping maybe at least one would be found. 

Which is my exact point on why he would not have put the money in a paper bag or some other kind of container.

Look, if I were going to plant something in hopes of it being found, the last damn place I would put it would be in a body of water. How many times have you seen cases where someone drops a gun, or a body or some other piece of damning evidence into a body of water? This happens all the time. They put things there to hide them from being discovered, not so that someone finds them.

Why not just go scatter a few bills on a river bank if that's your goal?

Also the idea that Kenny - and that's your endgame with this theory, let's not kid ourselves - would spend all of this money buying houses and stamp collections and loaning it out to a friend of a friend to buy a house, and still have stacks of bills lying around 4 years later in the same form and sequence he received them is a ridiculous notion in itself. Talk about eating your cake and having it too.

1 hour ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Which is my exact point on why he would not have put the money in a paper bag or some other kind of container.

Look, if I were going to plant something in hopes of it being found, the last damn place I would put it would be in a body of water. How many times have you seen cases where someone drops a gun, or a body or some other piece of damning evidence into a body of water? This happens all the time. They put things there to hide them from being discovered, not so that someone finds them.

Why not just go scatter a few bills on a river bank if that's your goal?

Also the idea that Kenny - and that's your endgame with this theory, let's not kid ourselves - would spend all of this money buying houses and stamp collections and loaning it out to a friend of a friend to buy a house, and still have stacks of bills lying around 4 years later in the same form and sequence he received them is a ridiculous notion in itself. Talk about eating your cake and having it too.

First, this is NOT about Kenny Christiansen. This is about the money at Tina Bar. Christiansen being a suspect in the case is completely incidental to the money found at Tina Bar. Cooper, whoever he was, is the person responsible for that money, since he was the last one seen with it. 

Scattering a few unused bills on a riverbank would not work. They would soon be found and seeing the condition of the bills would tell the FBI two things right away. They were an obvious plant, and Cooper was still alive...so getting the John Doe warrant was justified. 

No one knows the 'sequence' of bills. The numbers were recorded as the packets were assembled. No one knows for sure which serial numbers and in what order ended up in each individual packet. 

Guns sink. Money floats. At least for a while. Tom Kaye at Citizen Sleuths demonstrated the latter. The former is already known. 

You don't have to agree with my particular theory on the money. It's not the ONLY theory, that's for sure. There are plenty others. But in many ways it matches the available facts, which I will admit are few when you're talking about the money. We know the money was discovered miles from where the flight actually was, we know dredging was going on in that area, and we know the condition of the found bills does not lend itself to the idea it survived in the wet, cold weather of Washington state for close to nine years. We also know that if Cooper survived, that he must have heard (or researched) that the statute of limitations on air piracy, at that time, was five years and that this was big news in the Northwest after the FBI got around that statute for Cooper. 

If Cooper actually DID try a red herring into the Columbia, one thing for sure you can say about it. IT WORKED. Because after the money was found, the FBI began to believe Cooper was dead, and started scaling back their investigation afterward.  My theory on the Tina Bar money is not God's truth, just a theory...but it applies to whoever Cooper was, whether he was KC, Mickey Mouse, or anyone else. The reason I posted a detailed version of it is because I see people occasionally quoting me incorrectly on how I believe it arrived at Tina Bar and I wanted to give my official, straight-up version for the record. 

Maybe it's correct, maybe it isn't. Who knows? But it probably beats that idea I heard about props from a passing ship dragging the money to Tina Bar...or some folks who believe SAGE radar, the ATC, the crew of a 727, chase jets, Paul Soderlind from NWA, and everyone else involved was wrong, and they are right regarding the flight path. If you accept that the flight path is correct, and the money ends up miles away from that path...then you have to accept the idea that (like Tom Kaye once said) that 'human intervention' was involved. 

I rank the "plant to be found" theory very low as finding it would have been extremely unlikely. If somebody wanted it found they would do it in a way that assured discovery.

My top three TBAR theories in no particular order..

The money washed down the Lewis to the Columbia, the massive 1976/77 dredge/barge operation across the river on Sauvie brought the money in material upstream by barge. Erosion caused it to come loose and deposit across the river on TBAR.

The TBAR money was the money offered to the stews. Discarded later.

The money was dropped and hung on the stairs to work loose and drop over the Columbia River upstream of TBAR. The stairs are only slightly open with no weight on them.

One of the 3 packets was missing 20 bills, either they deteriorated/separated and were not discovered at TBAR or somebody removed them between the hijacking and deposit on TBAR. If so, this supports the theory that somebody had possession of the packets after the hijacking, perhaps those 20 bills were spent..

I wish we could get the original ransom list "in order".

The money find is a clear indication that DB Cooper, whoever he was, did not get away with the ransom money. I go back and forth on whether he lived or died, but one thing I'm certain of, is that he didn't get away with the money. Those who have suspects that supposedly spent large amounts of money after the hijacking have to come up with a theory that explains how their suspect can have all this money, but yet some of it wound up in the Columbia. 

I view it as a needle in a haystack. I've never tried, but I assume that it would be very hard to find a needle in a haystack. But, put a couple hundred thousand needles in that same haystack, and it becomes much easier to find just one needle. Likewise, what is more likely:  (1)That all of the money that was in the Columbia was miraculously found?, Or (2) That the money that was found represents only a small fraction of the money that went into the Columbia?

This is the timeline from the FBI files... which nobody seems to have researched.

Tina asked for some ransom money, Cooper gave her some, she took it then returned it claiming that they aren't allowed gratuities and she used the refusal of the drink money tip as confirmation.  Tina's story sounds bogus, ransom money isn't a gratuity. She asked for some, took it and the drink tip incident came later. While Tina was getting the chutes, Cooper even asked Flo to lift the money bag.

The FBI files only document the stews stories, the FBI doesn't know if they were true or not. 

Is it reasonable to believe that after Cooper handed some ransom money to Tina and offered some to the other Stews that with $200,000 ransom money in his possession while preparing to don a parachute, giddy with excitement he reached into his pocket and offered the $18 drink change from hours earlier to the stews..  $6 each?? I think the story is BS, somebody is hiding something.

Tina version

Tina brought money to Cooper. 

Cooper inspected it. “bank type bands”

Cooper let passengers go.

Tina asked or some money.

Cooper gave her some, she returned it claiming against company policy and noting that Cooper tried to give all stews a tip from drink change and they declined.

Passengers deplaned.

Tina went out for parachutes. 

Cooper asked Tina to lower shades after first parachute brought on.

Tina’s last trip was a large parachute, Cooper looks them over and all stews were still on board.

Schaffner version

All passengers deboarded the plane.

She, Tina and Alice talked to Cooper.

Cooper asked Tina to go get parachutes.

Cooper asked Flo to lift money bag.

Cooper offered the stews money, change from the $20 for a drink. 

She refused the tip.

Cooper bagan putting on parachute.

She and Alice went to exit the plane, Tina went to the rear.

She returned to get her purse.

I could possibly buy the washdown idea from the Columbia/Portland area except for one thing. All evidence points to the idea that Cooper jumped prior to the plane crossing over into Portland. Lewis River? The current in the Columbia is a lot more than some little mountain creek. You would be surprised how powerful it is and how fast you would go out there in a boat if the motor quits on you.  

And even if the money DID go into the Columbia near Portland, how do three packets wash up miles away, all together? 

44 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I could possibly buy the washdown idea from the Columbia/Portland area except for one thing. All evidence points to the idea that Cooper jumped prior to the plane crossing over into Portland. Lewis River? The current in the Columbia is a lot more than some little mountain creek. You would be surprised how powerful it is and how fast you would go out there in a boat if the motor quits on you.  

And even if the money DID go into the Columbia near Portland, how do three packets wash up miles away, all together? 

The three packets were in one rubber banded bundle..

"It's all from one bundle" said John Pringle

"There is certain information only known to the hijacker"

1154180042_TimesNewsIdahoFeb151980pA8CooperOnebundle.jpg.8a4689c8c5b5cde83909be161431f896.jpg