10 10
quade

DB Cooper

4 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Stop the false narratives and bickering.....

Fine. Stop putting yourself up as the person who can tell people what they can and can't write or produce on the Cooper case. 

Remove the HUNDREDS of posts at your website that denigrate others and stop making the excuse that it's okay because it was a long time ago. 

Tell your members that the Dropzone thread on Cooper actually DOES serve a purpose and that you do NOT agree it should be closed. 

Cease whining about our Quora Space on Cooper and tell your members if they want to be Contributors to it, and reach thousands of readers at the same time, they should follow the rules to get that privilege like everyone else. (We're now sharing selected posts to other crime-oriented Spaces with hundreds of thousands of members.) And that because of the policy that notifications on these posts go out by email to so many people...we have to be responsible on who gets that right. 

And you really should do a post at the Cooper Forum about the upcoming documentary, since some of your own members are IN the film.

I can't make you do that. It's a suggestion. 

4 minutes ago, hcsvader said:

Honestly, all I ever see is Robert trying to promote his other websites and businesses....

I'm pretty sure that is against the forum rules....

I don't try to sell books here, and our other business is housecleaning...where we are fully booked all the time. I don't sell anything here except the truth regarding the Cooper case, even if occasionally some of the folks in Cooperland get a little upset about it. 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, hcsvader said:

Honestly, all I ever see is Robert trying to promote his other websites and businesses....

I'm pretty sure that is against the forum rules....

Yes, it is. if the rules still apply when the thread was open before. that was brought up often on the thread before the closing. it was his Adventure Book site posted all the time. you don't have to actually sell books..it's the site promotion itself he was selling. 

Edited by mrshutter45

Wrong. I only point people to Cooper-related sites, or links to Cooper-related events or news articles. 

AB of Seattle doesn't count. Neither does our housecleaning biz. 

We're a US trade publisher. You can't even buy books from us directly, so advertising on forums is pointless. And impolite. 98% of our books are sold wholesale at the trade rate, and only if you have an Ingram account. 

I have every right to complain when the case is not discussed. members form there own opinions which I'm not at liberty to change or change the reason statements are made concerning there opinion. it's called freedom of speech. Georger is not a member here and can speak freely the last I checked? 

I don't have hundreds of comments you are stating especially on a site you are not a member of. one minute it's 5,000 times your name is mentioned and the next it's 1,500.. my opinion was given about Quora and it remains that. 

This thread surrounds the discussion of DB Cooper and not the members from here or other places. it causes conflicts damaging to this site by continuing to ignore others who are complaining does further damage. by constantly posting off topic or behind the scene comments surrounding people involved in the case will cause conflicts and start the bickering. you just said you didn't care if it closes. that's not saying anything good either. when is enough, enough? 

I'm not flagging their posts. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. 

On the other hand, I have always been willing to stand up for myself, or for what I think is right. 

The problem is that when you do this, some folks won't like it. The key is not to take low shots at them, but do your best to respond as intelligently as you can.  

It's not A Perfect World, despite what the Clint Eastwood film said. B|

7 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Fly, do you know what file has the LZ map that is colored in is located? I'm making a single file with all the flight path data.

From the Washington History Museum

http://www.washingtonhistory.org/collections/item.aspx?irn=122502&record=59

http://www.washingtonhistory.org/collections/item.aspx?irn=122503&record=60

http://www.washingtonhistory.org/collections/item.aspx?irn=122504&record=61

(edited)

The tie,,,

The FBI had claimed the Cooper tie was a few years old based on a conversation with a Pennys manager.. This was incorrect. They never researched the labels. The labels changed over the years though the tie may have appeared the same.

A while back I noticed the patent labels could be used to date the tie. The patent label dates it to the end of 1964 as it changed after that. The Pennys logo funky "P" found on the tie was first introduced ironically on Nov 24 1963. 

Eric Ulis claims he figured this out and Sheridan bought the tie in 1963.. this is 100% false.

He didn't figure it out but importantly it was not 1963 for two reasons. The funky "P" was first introduced Nov 24 1963 for store logos. Second, there is another indication on the tie that it was produced in 1964 which I'll keep secret for now..

Conclusion,,

The tie was produced from early 1964 to late 1964, could have been sold from early 1964 to early 1965.

The FBI claim that the tie was a few years old is wrong, it was about 6/7 years old in 1971 and that changes the timeframe, the particle deposit environment and potential ownership trail.

Edited by FLYJACK

Had to put him on the Ignore list to make the previous stuff vanish for me. It was annoying. 

I don't have time for this stuff. There is a difference between opposing points of view and just plain spamming. I am very busy for the remainder of the month, and our biggest Cooper Campout of the year, our FINAL one of the year, is closing in quickly. 

You guys fight it out for a while. 

(edited)
23 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Derek, you don't even belong here lol. 

Guess they finally figured that out. I'm still out of here, though. I have had quite enough of this thread for a while. Call it trauma, call it whatever you wish, but I'm done here for a while, maybe forever. I got other things to do and plenty else going internet-related (and in the REAL world) on the Cooper case. At least until tomorrow. 

I would like to offer my thanks to Dropzone for re-opening the DB Cooper thread as they did. But to be frank about it, there is too much bickering here, far too much conflict going. Some serious issues raised, some not so serious. My mom didn't raise any fools, which is why I sometimes go upstream from Cooperland. I'm not trying to be a beauty queen, and not looking to win a popularity contest. 

On the other hand, my instincts have always been strong. I have made the occasional mistake, but that doesn't mean I take my eye off the ball. 

Say what you will, but I have a short fuse for baloney, phony, and exclusion. And I will call it like I see it every time, even if some people don't like it. You want to deal with me, you have to get real or you are wasting your time. Are you kidding me? I get hundreds of emails a year (since we are a US trade publisher, however small) from folks who think they are the author of the Next Great American Novel. And many more with questions on the Cooper case. I've seen it all, trust me on this. B|

I'm hosting the last 'DB Cooper Campout' of the year between Oct 4-6 up in the Olympic National Forest. A welcome break, I assure you. I'd post a link to the details, but then people would say I was spamming. Yes, we will do some Cooper videos for YouTube there, as long as the rain isn't pounding down so hard the sound won't come through. Some will hope for rain, others will not. 

CocoEighteleven3.jpg

Because you're the Office Cat and have to do your job. That's why. :)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Heard from Expedition Unknown guys again. Sent them to Quora and the WordPress column, Cooper page at AB,  Cooper YouTube, etc. They know where to find me.

One spammer here on the ignore program so his repeated posts are not visible. If this happens to you, I suggest you do the same. I have closed the open registration offer at the AB Message Board to prevent that type of thing from appearing there as well. 

I didn't really want to stop by here today but was done in case some of you who have participated in the Josh Gates show wanted to contact them on your own. You probably have been contacted already, I would guess. Our last work with them was at the final party held at the Ariel Store. Unfortunately, that stop is no longer available since Bryan W has been unable to meet state and county codes to reopen the store. 

(edited)

Our notice about the final 'DB Cooper' Campout for 2019 is here. Winter is coming, this will be the last one of the season, and it's our biggest ever I think. Interest is suddenly increasing more than I figured upon. I think a second trip to Costco will be necessary, and I already did the Amazon stuff. B| It's all free anyway. We have no agenda.

We only have fun. That's the main point. Otherwise, why bother? 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

The Truth Finally Comes Out Department: 

Seen posted by user 'Georger' at The DB Cooper Forum just today, regarding this thread, and its closure some years ago:

"I guess we do what we did years ago: start contacting advertisers, drop zone managers, and supporters of Dropzone!" 

Georger goes into more detail about that in a later post. 

Georger is the same person who spent years blaming ME in many public posts for the closure of the DZ thread on Cooper. 

What does all this mean? It means that Jeannie, aka 'Amazon' here at Dropzone who I have met personally and worked for occasionally, was right all along when she pointed the finger at Georger, saying it was HE who caused the closure, not ME.

And yet for nearly FOUR YEARS Georger posted much baloney about the whole thing. He said I was to blame. He called me names like 'toilet scrubber,' and came after not only me, but my wife, even my cat occasionally. And other than Shutter himself, Georger is the Cooper Forum's most prolific poster. 

Now he has finally confessed to being the cause. He should be ashamed of himself. 

I will admit this is all water under the bridge. But I have a little news flash for Georger, Shutter, and the general membership at the Cooper Forum. The next time Georger tells you something (over and over for years) and expects you to believe it, make sure you perform some fact-checking before you do. 

If DZ decides to lock down the thread a second time, and maybe for good, you can blame the first instance where the guilt REALLY belongs. GEORGER. For the second time, a combination of Georger and Derek. 

I do NOT wish to hear my name brought up any further regarding this situation, now that you know the truth. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Our latest video on the Cooper case concerns a rather sensitive subject:  Cooperland itself. 

We define 'Cooperland' as the relatively small group of investigators who surround the DB Cooper case. Some of them are very good people, such as 'Robert99,' '377,' Geoffrey Gray, Citizen Sleuths' Tom Kaye and his team, and a few more. 

Others? Hmm. Maybe not so good

In any case, we're taking a trip to the Olympic mountains again to blow the lid off the whole crazy thing.

You can see a preview on what it's all about HERE. 

(edited)

JW:  Right now I have you on the ignore list, except for messages. So does everyone else. This means your posts are not visible to anyone except you. I will say this:  If you keep spamming, DZ will eventually lock the thread for good, and everyone...I mean EVERYONE in Cooperland...will blame you. And Georger to a degree. But you will take most of the blame. You are accomplishing nothing by switching identities and imitating known people using their real names. DZ will lock it down. When your latest impersonation used a real name,  a former university instructor, a well-known personality associated with the Cooper case, that was a bad idea. When you started spamming entire pages of content, that was another bad idea. You should stop while you have the chance. DZ won't put up with it much longer. And you won't get into the AB Forum if this happens. I screen all the registrations and I have to know you for you to get onto there. 

Not that anyone's asking at Dropzone admin, but I have a suggestion. Either lock down the thread again, OR delete the entire thread for good to save bandwidth, (DB Cooper has plenty of representation on the internet these days anyway) or delete the spammer and start making this particular thread approval-only. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

While dishing out remedies about what this administration should do surrounding Derek. perhaps you should follow the rules given by this administration early into this new thread?

"We've seen a number of threads between users talking to each other, or having quick jabs at each other. You're welcome to discuss the case here, but posts that are not related to the case and merely address other users are not what this thread is for, and we will start handing out more warnings to posts that violate this approach. If you want to have a discussion with another user, send them a DM, but this thread isn't the place for that. By all means, if you disagree on the case, make a post explaining your reasoning and addressing only the case.

In short, before you make a post ask yourself "If someone comes across this page looking for information on the case, will my post provide them with more information and offer something interesting to them" - if the answer is no, don't post it. 

We opened the thread because the topic is fascinating and we want others to be able to follow the case, not so that people have to wade through user's public conflicts."

Sadly, I had to report you for the constant harassment with sending a string of PM's during Derek's protest with a basic response of this:

"So send it already...you think I care if I get banned from DZ or they end up freezing the thread?"

Report whatever you wish. At this point, this thread has been completely ruined by the constant spamming. These messages were not started by me, but responses to Flyjack's message to both of us, of which you responded reasonably to several of them. 

Cherry-picking a quote does not make you right. You have my permission to post my entire message for all to see if you wish. Along with Flyjack's original, where he acknowledges that both of us have a public following on the Cooper case and wanted some things to cease. 

In any case, unless the spamming issue with Derek is resolved, your complaints are pointless. There is no use in being here anyway, and frankly...I have better things to do than to wade through such spam. I will be addressing some of these issues over next weekend. In fact, I consider these issues SO serious that I emailed everybody scheduled to attend our Oct 4-7 Cooper Campout and informed them the event was cancelled, all except one person who will assist me doing the videos. 

There will be much squawking about all this later, I'm sure. Maybe even threats of a lawsuit against us. But the thing about such suits is that the defense gets an opportunity to confront their accuser in a process called deposition. This is where a court recorder takes notes while your lawyer gets to ask pointed questions of the plaintiff. I have been down this road more than once, and we have a good attorney. In the unlikely instance any of this would actually happen, I have already drawn up a series of questions. Greg is assisting on this. 

I bring this up because I received an email this morning, if you're asking. I reviewed it and sent it on. Frankly, I am tired of the baloney I see in Cooperland, and I firmly believe it's time to share the truth on certain issues with the public. They have a right to know what HAS gone on, what is going on NOW, and what they can expect in the near term. Certain people in Cooperland have definitely crossed the line. Derek is one of them, but he is not my concern. 

In my opinion, which doesn't mean a lot, I think Dropzone should just end this thread once and for all. If I were the admin, I would simply delete the whole thing, save a ton of bandwidth, and let people do their DB Cooper battles elsewhere. The truth is that Dropzone is a very good website dedicated to everything skydiving, and its members don't deserve to be burdened with such a thread. 

(edited)
13 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Robert -

You are sticking you nose where it does not belong. I hope Eric knocks it completely off of your face.

I'm sure you do. Anything and everything that involves the Cooper case, whether it be the evidence, the historical stuff, or the people involved with the public today regarding the case...all are potential news. And the public's right to know supersedes any one person's personal wish that this fact would not be so. Since you are well aware of Bruce Smith's work on the case, you should know this by now. 

If investigators and reporters went by your rules, no one would report anything on anything, or talk about anybody. And that is not realistic. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins