47 47
quade

DB Cooper

34 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

The truth is probably something so completely random i.e. Cooper hitchhiked a ride from someone and as he was getting out of the car thought it would be cute to hand the guy a bundle of cash as a thanks. Driver is like "WTF?" but drives off. Later as he is driving down Lower River Rd he hears the news, freaks out, and throws the bundle out the window near the river. Spring flooding pushes it along to its eventual spot on Tena Bar. 

Yes, even Tom suggested something like that...

There are lots of theories that can be dreamed up, so it comes down to the most plausible...

I have several good theories, two of the them have the potential to lead to a suspect.. long shot though.

and as I have said TBAR will likely never be proven, just a bunch of theories..

What it does do is weaken theories like the dredge and a human burial.. and opens up other theories.

The TBAR single bundle also moves the needle slightly away from Cooper died in the jump theories.. you don't need the money bag..

For 50 years,, the dominant TBAR analysis has been constrained by the false belief that the money could have only arrived together as separate packets.

More about the money is that one packet was very twisted or torqued before it congealed.. and the holes appear to be limited to only one packet.

Edited by FLYJACK

4 hours ago, olemisscub said:

There are many options. I don't even like speculating on Tena Bar. It boggles the mind and is a waste of time, in my opinion. It doesn't get us any closer to Cooper. 

However, words matter. Tina's 302 says "bank type bands" were on the cash. So if there were no paper bands on the cash, then that means that either Tina Mucklow or SAC Harold Campbell or SA Hinterliter, who would have dictated their notes to a secretary, refer to rubber bands as "bank type bands". That seems unlikely. Also, the fact that it says "bank TYPE bands" sounds like a direct quote. If that's the case, then that quote came directly from Tina mere hours after she saw the cash.

Thus, we are left with two possibilities: 

- A 22 year old from Philadelphia calls rubber bands "bank type bands"; or

- The cash had paper bank bands on them. 

It's important to remember that the paper bands and the rubber bands are NOT mutually exclusive. It's not an either or proposition. Perhaps Tina just failed to mention the rubber bands and we don't have a 302 where they discuss the bundling with rubber bands. 

Given the physical evidence (money had rubber bands) and the contemporaneous 302's (bank bands/straps/bank type bands), it's reasonable to assume that they had both.

You miss the whole point as does FJ. Evidently you wont accept Carr and the SF security person. It has always been known that the Cooper money was pulled from a special fund,  not circulating cash! That money was packaged and handled differently for security reasons. It's simple!

FJ always gets personal when he/she doesnt get his way.

What banks do daily with their circulating cash has nothing to do with what was done in the Cooper case! The special fund kept and then used for the Cooper case is just a fact. Go back and read the thread. Or FJ can continue to peddle his nonsense citing 'words' people used for the Cooper money  ........

The issue here is facts vs myth.    

3 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

There are lots of theories that can be dreamed up, so it comes down to the most plausible...

I have several good theories, two of the them have the potential to lead to a suspect.. long shot though.

What it does do is weaken theories like the dredge and a human burial.. and opens up other theories.

The TBAR single bundle also moves the needle slightly away from Cooper died in the jump theories.. you don't need the money bag..

For 50 years,, the dominant TBAR analysis has been constrained by the false belief that the money could have only arrived together as separate packets.

More about the money is that one packet was very twisted or torqued before it congealed.. and the holes appear to be limited to only one packet.

Really!  Bear claw penetrations?  Yeti nails?  Witch Hazel ?  What incantations do you see being given ?

6 minutes ago, georger said:

Really!  Bear claw penetrations?  Yeti nails?  Witch Hazel ?  What incantations do you see being given ?

Same old crap.. you are in a hole you should have stopped digging years ago.

Clearly, this issue is way above your head.

Edited by FLYJACK

9 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Same old crap.. you are in a hole you should have stopped digging years ago.

Clearly, this issue is way above your head.

and you and Broughton should open an Institute for Dreamers@WeSupplyYou in Miami.com 

Jealousy is not my department!  Find another foil.

Edited by georger

Just now, georger said:

and you and Broughton should open an Institute for Dreamers@WeSupplyYou in Miami.com 

Jealousy is not my department!  Get over yourself ? 

You always make it personal,,, it isn't about me, it is the facts that you can't handle.

This is really simple, you just can't understand it.

58 minutes ago, georger said:

You miss the whole point as does FJ. Evidently you wont accept Carr and the SF security person. It has always been known that the Cooper money was pulled from a special fund,  not circulating cash! That money was packaged and handled differently for security reasons. It's simple!

FJ always gets personal when he/she doesnt get his way.

What banks do daily with their circulating cash has nothing to do with what was done in the Cooper case! The special fund kept and then used for the Cooper case is just a fact. Go back and read the thread. Or FJ can continue to peddle his nonsense citing 'words' people used for the Cooper money  ........

The issue here is facts vs myth.    

It's literally one of these 4 things:

1) Money packets had paper bands on them (and likely rubber bands)

2) 22 year old Tina Mucklow called rubber bands "bank type bands"

3) FBI agent dictating Tina's Reno interview thinks that rubber bands are "bank type bands" and so despite Tina saying "rubber bands" he says "bank type bands."

4) FBI agent intentionally distorts what Tina said. 

Edited by olemisscub

3 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

It's literally one of these 4 things:

1) Money packets had paper bands on them (and likely rubber bands)

2) 22 year old Tina Mucklow called rubber bands "bank type bands"

3) FBI agent dictating Tina's Reno interview thinks that rubber bands are "bank type bands" and so despite Tina saying "rubber bands" he says "bank type bands."

4) FBI agent intentionally distorts what Tina said. 

The irony is that doesn't even matter.. any of those could be true or none of them.. evidence indicates paper bands but that is not even necessary for this.. it compliments the conclusion.

If the money was in packets of 100's as the evidence shows then Georger has lost.. done. The money was rubber banded into random numbers of packets per bundle. <<< that is the key.

So, for his sanity and so we don't have to deal with this years old nonsense Georger needs to go evaluate and rethink all the facts, return back and show us the evidence that proves the packets were not in 100's but were in a random count of bills.. He can't, there is no evidence because the packets were in 100's..

Unfortunately, this Georger thing has gone on for years and will continue... others have finally got this and it is best to ignore Georger.

4 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Flyjack, let's get real here.

1. There is nothing in the money found at Tena Bar that would lead to a suspect.

2.  There is nothing to support the dredge or human burial theories.

3.  The three individual packets/bundles, or whatever you want to call them, did arrive at the same time and were not connected by paper or rubber bands.  They were found within inches of each other and "practically touching".

4.  The torqued bundle suggests that it was at an angle to the water flow before it congealed and was not connected to the other bundles..  

5.  All of the money could be easily tied up in the bag in which it was delivered.  And that bag could be easily secured to Cooper or the parachute harness by the lengths of the shroud lines that were cut from the reserve chute left on the airliner.

6.  The money found at Tena Bar did not arrive there from the river.  If it had been in the river it would have passed Tena Bar on the bottom of the shipping channel which is close to the Oregon side at that location.

7.  Any theories about how the money got to Tena Bar must take into account basic physics and you are ignoring them. 

Too much is said with too much confidence about the Tena Bar money. IMO the diatoms paper only obscured things further. 

Some stuff went missing in the woods. Years later, some of it was found along the banks of a river.

That is not surprising at all, and is only interesting because we know what we think is the origin of this particular stuff. But the river is basically MADE of stuff that came from everywhere. We just don't know it because it doesn't strike us as odd, and we have no way of pinpointing where it came from.

Yeah, if it leads back to a place that might yield more of it, or other answers, that would be cool. I hope that happens. But there's nothing inherent in it being found in the river, that says anything else of use, IMO. We just happen to be able to ID this bit of detritus, as opposed to all the other bits. 

Some kid once found the bronze head of a Roman statue in a river where no Roman settlements had been. Stuff happens in nature, and none of it is linear in any helpful way. Maybe it will END UP being helpful, but there's nothing informative about its existence itself, in isolation, IMO.

1 hour ago, Robert99 said:

Flyjack, let's get real here.

1. There is nothing in the money found at Tena Bar that would lead to a suspect.

2.  There is nothing to support the dredge or human burial theories.

3.  The three individual packets/bundles, or whatever you want to call them, did arrive at the same time and were not connected by paper or rubber bands.  They were found within inches of each other and "practically touching".

4.  The torqued bundle suggests that it was at an angle to the water flow before it congealed and was not connected to the other bundles..  

5.  All of the money could be easily tied up in the bag in which it was delivered.  And that bag could be easily secured to Cooper or the parachute harness by the lengths of the shroud lines that were cut from the reserve chute left on the airliner.

6.  The money found at Tena Bar did not arrive there from the river.  If it had been in the river it would have passed Tena Bar on the bottom of the shipping channel which is close to the Oregon side at that location.

7.  Any theories about how the money got to Tena Bar must take into account basic physics and you are ignoring them. 

1. False. Not the money itself but how it got there which must fit the evidence has the potential to lead to a suspect.

2. True

3. The three packets were not connected by paper or rubber bands when they were found. Nobody said they were. The money was given to Cooper in bundles of several packets and landed on TBAR that way when the rubber bands broke the bundles separated slightly.

4. That doesn't sound likely,,, I don't really know why the money was torqued other than it must have occurred before it became congealed.

5. Possible but not necessary, the money was not in individual packets but packets were rubber banded into bundles, that indicates the TBAR money arrived as one bundle of several packets so arrival in a container like the money bag is not necessary.

6. The River is the most likely source for arrival of the money. Your claim that it would only be on the other side is just false and sounds silly. If you look at the bend in the River and flow debris ends up on TBAR.

7. I have not ignored any basic physics whatsoever. You have.

Edited by FLYJACK

1 hour ago, Math of Insects said:

Too much is said with too much confidence about the Tena Bar money. IMO the diatoms paper only obscured things further. 

Some stuff went missing in the woods. Years later, some of it was found along the banks of a river.

That is not surprising at all, and is only interesting because we know what we think is the origin of this particular stuff. But the river is basically MADE of stuff that came from everywhere. We just don't know it because it doesn't strike us as odd, and we have no way of pinpointing where it came from.

Yeah, if it leads back to a place that might yield more of it, or other answers, that would be cool. I hope that happens. But there's nothing inherent in it being found in the river, that says anything else of use, IMO. We just happen to be able to ID this bit of detritus, as opposed to all the other bits. 

Some kid once found the bronze head of a Roman statue in a river where no Roman settlements had been. Stuff happens in nature, and none of it is linear in any helpful way. Maybe it will END UP being helpful, but there's nothing informative about its existence itself, in isolation, IMO.

Right, but there are parameters which theories must fit..

The problem for 50 years was a faulty premise,, that the money must have only arrived on TBAR as 3 separate packets. All TBAR theories had to fit that premise, that restricted us, but it was not true.

So, now we can come up with more accurate theories and rank them based on plausibility, will we be able to prove it,, I don't think so.

To advance knowledge we theorize or speculate then test or analyze,, if the premise was wrong restricting our theories then we can't advance the case. 

The three people fighting this are..

Ulis advocating a human burial.. 

Georger secretly advocating the suction dredge.. 

and R99 with a landing above TBAR and wash down..

All of those theories are more supported by either the money in the bag and/or the packets being individual. 

This is simple logic... if the packets were in 100's as the evidence indicates then they were given to Cooper rubber banded into bundles of packets and that is how it landed on TBAR.

There is no evidence that the packets were not in 100's,, none.

Edited by FLYJACK

6 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

1. False. Not the money itself but how it got there which must fit the evidence has the potential to lead to a suspect.

2. True

3. The three packets were not connected by paper or rubber bands when they were found. Nobody said they were. The money was given to Cooper in bundles of several packets and landed on TBAR that way when the rubber bands broke the bundles separated slightly.

4. That doesn't sound likely,,, I don't really know why the money was torqued other than it must have occurred before it became congealed.

5. Possible but not necessary, the money was not in individual packets but packets were rubber banded into bundles, that indicates the TBAR money arrived as one bundle of several packets so arrival in a container like the money bag is not necessary.

6. The River is the most likely source for arrival of the money. Your claim that it would only be on the other side is just false and sounds silly. If you look at the bend in the River and flow debris ends up on TBAR.

7. I have not ignored any basic physics whatsoever. You have.

Flyjack, you need to pay some attention to how water flows in rivers.  In my younger days, I spent a few summers swimming in a tributary of the Columbia River, about three miles from the Columbia itself.

I have made several visits to Tena Bar and I have never seen any accumulation of debris there that came from the river.  The fishermen could easily account for the few cans that were dug up there.

And there is no Creature from the Black Lagoon or anywhere else that is going to move the money from the bottom of the river to well above the nominal water level.

Dream on!.  

Edited by Robert99

17 minutes ago, Robert99 said:

Flyjack, you need to pay some attention to how water flows in rivers.  In my younger days, I spent a few summers swimming in a tributary of the Columbia River, about three miles from the Columbia itself.

I have made several visits to Tena Bar and I have never seen any accumulation of debris there that came from the river.  The fishermen could easily account for the few cans that were dug up there.

And there is no Creature from the Black Lagoon or anywhere else that is going to move the money from the bottom of the river to well above the nominal water level.

Dream on!.  

Nope, not true.

I have read reports that there is lots of debris at TBAR,,

but I also studied river flow and two things are apparent..

The bend in the Columbia where it turns North causes the current to cross to the East side,, the flow pushes debris to the East side toward TBAR.. and it can even push debris up a slope if underwater, the current can actually accelerate. 

If the water was above the money spot which is about 5.5-7.5 ft.. it would effectively be the bottom. The money suspended in the River gets pushed along the bottom to its spot. The River is at its highest in wait for it.......... Spring. 

One test that would be valuable is to see what a bundle of packets does when it sinks.. how buoyant is it.. money would only be slightly heavier than the water so it wouldn't take much to move it.

1818184176_ScreenShot2023-01-24at9_15_38PM.png.ef9d1022560aa3e5d491a07483338e11.png

10 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Nope, not true.

I have read reports that there is lots of debris at TBAR,,

but I also studied river flow and two things are apparent..

The bend in the Columbia where it turns North causes the current to cross to the East side,, the flow pushes debris to the East side toward TBAR.. and it can even push debris up a slope if underwater, the current can actually accelerate. 

If the water was above the money spot which is about 5.5-7.5 ft.. it would effectively be the bottom. The money suspended in the River gets pushed along the bottom to its spot. The River is at its highest in wait for it.......... Spring. 

One test that would be valuable is to see what a bundle of packets does when it sinks.. how buoyant is it.. money would only be slightly heavier than the water so it wouldn't take much to move it.

1818184176_ScreenShot2023-01-24at9_15_38PM.png.ef9d1022560aa3e5d491a07483338e11.png

Fly, I agree with your general approach.  I wonder sometimes if people just like to argue, or they have too much time on their hands.  The bills were found next to a major river, we have all seen the debris from rivers.  To say it was planted there, or landed there is really stretching the probability of what is possible.  Doesn't mean it is impossible that someone buried it on Tina Bar, or that Cooper landed there, but it is not probable.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Fly, I agree with your general approach.  I wonder sometimes if people just like to argue, or they have too much time on their hands.  The bills were found next to a major river, we have all seen the debris from rivers.  To say it was planted there, or landed there is really stretching the probability of what is possible.  Doesn't mean it is impossible that someone buried it on Tina Bar, or that Cooper landed there, but it is not probable.

Yes, we don't know for certain but the most probable is that the money came from the River. To claim it could not have is intellectually dishonest and outside the bounds of objectivity.

They have a bias. When the most likely or probable challenges their construct they reject it to maintain that construct. Georger even resorted to a lie about Tina and even suggested the money wasn't wet.. that paper bands would have left evidence after years,, ridiculous mental gymnastics..

R99 and Ulis need to move the flightpath, they have not done that. Ulis's burial/retrieval theory is silly. Even if Cooper somehow managed to be on TBAR nobody buries money in the sand at the high water line of a River.. there are millions of better places to bury or hide money.. then the retrieval,, just ridiculous, Eric doesn't realize the money spot was well underwater by April 72.. He just made up something to fit his narrative and even adapted it when the diatom stuff came out..

We can think up many scenarios that are far more plausible than those..

The question.. How..   When did it get into the River and Why did it go into the River. It that all the money that went into the River or only part...

Was it intentional, accidental, human, nature or both...

Why would somebody intentionally toss the money into the River,, only if they perceived it as a liability. But when, was there a delay.. If there was a delay it probably wasn't Cooper himself. Why would somebody other than Cooper perceive the money as a liability?? So, maybe it was accidental.... it got into the River unintentionally.. then how.. an event. Or did a bundle fall off the plane and end up in the River later?

7 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Yes, we don't know for certain but the most probable is that the money came from the River. To claim it could not have is intellectually dishonest and outside the bounds of objectivity.

They have a bias. When the most likely or probable challenges their construct they reject it to maintain that construct. Georger even resorted to a lie about Tina and even suggested the money wasn't wet.. that paper bands would have left evidence after years,, ridiculous mental gymnastics..

R99 and Ulis need to move the flightpath, they have not done that. Ulis's burial/retrieval theory is silly. Even if Cooper somehow managed to be on TBAR nobody buries money in the sand at the high water line of a River.. there are millions of better places to bury or hide money.. then the retrieval,, just ridiculous, Eric doesn't realize the money spot was well underwater by April 72.. He just made up something to fit his narrative and even adapted it when the diatom stuff came out..

The question.. How..   When did it get into the River and Why did it go into the River. It that all the money that went into the River or only part...

Why would somebody intentionally toss the money into the River,, only if they perceived it as a liability. But when, was there a delay.. If there was a delay it probably wasn't Cooper himself. Why would somebody other than Cooper perceive the money as a liability?? So, maybe it was accidental.... it got into the River unintentionally.. then how.. an event. Or did a bundle fall off the plane and end up in the River later?

Well said.  When thinking of the case, I have often visualized myself in his shoes. I'm sure others have done it too.  For instance, I pictured myself sitting in my house looking at the money and thinking how I would get into circulation without getting caught.  So, for the Tina Bar money, I thought, what would I do to get rid of it. My first choice would be to burn it, but if I did not have a backyard or basement, etc., maybe I'd throw it in the river and hope it floated to the ocean.  Fly, I think you had posted once about throwing it in a trash heap or something. That would make it possibly disappear.  Anyhow, throwing it in the river would not be my first choice, but I guess it would be a choice.

2 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Flyjack, this is just more of your nonsense.  You need to visit Tena Bar to understand what is going on with the water flow.

For instance, it is the western bank (the Oregon side) of the Columbia River that turns the water flow to the north and that absolutely does not move anything up to the beach at Tena Bar.

In addition to the main river flow, a flow of water that passes between the eastern bank of the Columbia and Caterpillar Island rejoins the main river flow just upstream of Tena Bar and forms a boundary layer that anything coming from the shipping channel area has to cross to get to the Tena Bar beach. And then another miracle is needed to get it 20 feet or so upon the beach.

You need to do your homework.  This matter has been discussed at length here over the past 13 years and I would suggest that you review some of those posts. 

3 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Well said.  When thinking of the case, I have often visualized myself in his shoes. I'm sure others have done it too.  For instance, I pictured myself sitting in my house looking at the money and thinking how I would get into circulation without getting caught.  So, for the Tina Bar money, I thought, what would I do to get rid of it. My first choice would be to burn it, but if I did not have a backyard or basement, etc., maybe I'd throw it in the river and hope it floated to the ocean.  Fly, I think you had posted once about throwing it in a trash heap or something. That would make it possibly disappear.  Anyhow, throwing it in the river would not be my first choice, but I guess it would be a choice.

But I don't see Cooper himself throwing money into the River.. he worked for that money,,, if it was tossed it probably wasn't Cooper but somebody else who either found some money in the woods or got it from Cooper.

There was a very messy dump site a few miles upstream of TBAR that was right on a waterway that was connected to the River..  possible but a long shot.

13 minutes ago, Robert99 said:

Flyjack, this is just more of your nonsense.  You need to visit Tena Bar to understand what is going on with the water flow.

For instance, it is the western bank (the Oregon side) of the Columbia River that turns the water flow to the north and that absolutely does not move anything up to the beach at Tena Bar.

In addition to the main river flow, a flow of water that passes between the eastern bank of the Columbia and Caterpillar Island rejoins the main river flow just upstream of Tena Bar and forms a boundary layer that anything coming from the shipping channel area has to cross to get to the Tena Bar beach. And then another miracle is needed to get it 20 feet or so upon the beach.

You need to do your homework.  This matter has been discussed at length here over the past 13 years and I would suggest that you review some of those posts. 

Robert, I can see your point about the debris moving up 20 feet.  However, saying that no debris goes on shore there simply cannot be true. Is this what you are saying?  There was a time I wondered about how something would get so far up the bank, and then I saw a picture of flooding at the Fazios.  This was after I had visited the Fazios, so I remember being shocked at how high the water had actually gotten.

6 minutes ago, Robert99 said:

It is clear you don't actually read my posts I have explained this already. The money spot would be under water when the money was deposited,, it did not have to travel 20 feet up the beach.

but you are completely wrong, when a River turns the flow hits and is directed across to the other side because the inside moves faster.

398839576_ScreenShot2023-01-25at9_29_31AM.png.35f4f5d1ed7cb6fc2def239ea3b878cb.png

Honestly, current barely matters. Stuff ends up along shorelines all the time. Everything you find there, started FAR away from there. 

The burial theory is ridiculous IMO. Every attempt at it falls apart under the slightest bit of logical examination. It is the farthest-fetched way to explain the existence of something along a riverbank in the woods. 

If it leads to any conclusions at all, the most prominent would be 1) Cooper died, or 2) Dead or alive, Cooper landed without the money. There's a more distant 3) Maybe some fell out of the bag or plane on the way down.

2) and 3) would strongly suggest the need to commit another reckless act in order to get the money the hijacker just risked his own life and threatened others' over, so unless some criminal whose career ended shortly after the hijacking proves to have been Cooper (an argument for Hahnemann), it still most strongly suggests option 1, which would be a failed venture all around. It's just the least sexy of the options.

6 minutes ago, Math of Insects said:

Honestly, current barely matters. Stuff ends up along shorelines all the time. Everything you find there, started FAR away from there. 

The burial theory is ridiculous IMO. Every attempt at it falls apart under the slightest bit of logical examination. It is the farthest-fetched way to explain the existence of something along a riverbank in the woods. 

If it leads to any conclusions at all, the most prominent would be 1) Cooper died, or 2) Dead or alive, Cooper landed without the money. There's a more distant 3) Maybe some fell out of the bag or plane on the way down.

2) and 3) would strongly suggest the need to commit another reckless act in order to get the money the hijacker just risked his own life and threatened others' over, so unless some criminal whose career ended shortly after the hijacking proves to have been Cooper (an argument for Hahnemann), it still most strongly suggests option 1, which would be a failed venture all around. It's just the least sexy of the options.

I used to think it was more likely Cooper died, now less likely.

The jump was very survivable if he pulled based on jump data. Hard to imagine he couldn't pull. Possible but not likely.

No body was found and you have to move the LZ further South to have him land in the Columbia, the evidence does not support this. It is also hard to imagine Cooper intentionally jumping over a city. If he landed in Lake Merwin or the Lewis the TBAR money gets very hard to explain.

So, for Cooper to have died, his body would have to be undiscovered with the chute but the money somehow got moved to the Columbia River and TBAR.. of course that is possible but less likely.

Cooper could have landed safely with the money,, if for example,, he paid some random guy for a ride,,  the guy gets nervous and tosses the money in the River...  or he gave money to a stew and that money ended up in the River..

IMO, the most likely is Cooper landed safely between the Lewis and Battleground and either lost some/all of the money or he gave some to somebody at some point. That money ended up in the Columbia.

• Like 2