10 10
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)

'I won’t allow Blevins to be sued, especially about anything pertaining to Cooper...'

That is the last of my worries, GB. B|

AB of Seattle has a good lawyer. Haven't used her for anything other than ordinary legal paperwork stuff, but we would leave anything like that to her. 

I don't lose any sleep over these things. (Edited to remove non-Cooper stuff.)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Southern Air Transport.... November 1971.

Everyone has focussed on secret op paratroopers and the tests in Thailand... 

Proof... that the 727 crews were trained for airdrops via the ventral airstairs and these may have taken place almost anywhere within Southern's areas of operation.

"Southern's certificates authorize it to conduct charter operations within the United States and between any State of the United States on the one hand and points in the Carib- bean and points in the Pacific, Asia and Australia (Transpacific), on the other hand. Six other supplemental carriers also have Caribbean authority namely World Airways, Universal Airlines, Trans International Airlines, Capitol International Airways, Saturn Airways, and Overseas National Airways. Two other Supplemental carriers have Transpacific authority namely World Airways and Trans International Airlines. Southern's certificates authorize worldwide operations under contracts with MAC as do the certificates of all other Supplemental carriers."

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/197109.pdf 

sat727.jpeg.8b98eb194a14fa7ce8ddf75d5eba0d37.jpeg

(edited)

I think some of the 'members' listed in the PDF are phony, name-only, fronts. For example, Percival F. Brundage was head of Budget and Management for the US government under Eisenhower. By the time 1971 came along, he was almost eighty and long retired...with absolutely no experience working with, or dealing with...some CIA front airline. 

If he had anything to do with Southern, it would only be bookkeeping anyway. That's what he did. And paintings occasionally. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

No. What Flyjack is suggesting is that someone like the character below in the video could have been Cooper. 

Like Southern Air Transport, Air America was another CIA-owned carrier. 

EDIT: Some good news from Ingram, AB of Seattle's wholesale book distributor, (through their Lightning Source organization). Global Connect now showing sales of our works in fairly good numbers in Australia, Italy, and of all places...India. Two largest selling titles are Pilot Down, Presumed Dead and (you guessed it) Into The Blast. 

What's really surprising to me is that anyone in Italy or India would actually BE interested in the Cooper story, or even know who the hell he was...:o

India? LSI says twenty-six copies of Blast sold there in August. Dhanyavaad. (Thank you in Hindi)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Yeah...right. Nice joke but Bernie Geestman definitely wasn't gay. He also has children and was married more than once. His last wife was common law...I met them both up near Sequim, WA. He and first wife Margaret were married for 27 years. His second wife and he were together until he died. 

What makes you think a gay guy couldn't be Cooper anyway? B| KC was definitely gay, but most of the people I interviewed were surprised to hear this. He wasn't exactly obvious about it. He even got past the Army recruiter without a suspicion. 

EDIT:  It's a bit late but I wanted to add an update. Over at Quora dot com, some of you know we have the 'DB Cooper Space' going there with a modest 900 or so followers. Contributions to that Space are now being approved for sharing with a much bigger Space at Quora...a general crime Space...that has 80,000 followers. Several of the articles and posts at the Cooper Space are now being shared with them. (In other words, they have approved full sharing by us of the better contributions to the Cooper Space.)

What does this mean to Cooper researchers, contributors, etc? It means if you join the Cooper Space and are approved as a contributor...if we share your contribution with this partner Space...your entire article and all of its content will go out to more than 80,000 people at the same time by email. ('Contributions' means a link to an outside article, your own original article or post, etc.)

Imagine the possibilities. If you want to be a part of all this, the first thing is to join Quora with a legitimate, identifiable profile (Quora is different because they don't like anonymous contributors to ANYTHING) and then 'follow' our DB Cooper Space. The final step is to apply at our Space to move from Follower to Contributor. 

After that...well...you get the idea. Every time you make a contribution that we think is worthy...your content will be shared with the partner Space. Ever since we partnered with that Space, our book sales have increased dramatically. You want to reach people in large numbers easily with your 'Cooper Stuff'? I just gave you the opportunity to do so. Don't pay attention to the upvotes, or the lack of them, on contributions. The vast majority of Quora users read their followed content right out of their email, and don't actually vote on anything, and their views of the article are not shown at Quora when they view your content in their email. 

Anonymous or BS-based Quora profiles will not be accepted by us as contributors. We like Quora for being one of the few sites that (more or less) requires people to be honest in their profiles. It's the main reason people consider it the biggest Q and A website on Planet Earth. Because when people ask questions there, the answers come from people whose credentials to actually answer that question are shown in their answer. 

Just saying. Look folks...I understand that Shutter says that the DB Cooper Forum is just a hobby to him, and I have no problem with all that. Except for the fact that guests can't see any links or pictures posted there, it's a solid informational website on the Cooper case. It does serve a good purpose. 

But OUR alternative, where we ask you to be reasonable and to jump through a couple of minor hoops to get the privilege of having your stuff go out to over 80,000 people by email at the same time...is a somewhat better way of reaching people. 

Our thanks go out to Jonathan Brill at Quora HQ in San Francisco, for granting us the opportunity to create the Cooper Space last November in the first place. It's been nothing but great ever since. If you have any questions about all this before jumping into the Quora thing, just PM me about it, or email me at adventurebooksofseattle AT Gmail and I will be happy to answer your questions and fill you in on the details. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Robert - I don't know if Bernie was gay or not, nor do I care. But the fact that he was married more than once, had children, had girlfriends etc, does not in any way mean that he couldn't have been gay or bi. I've known people that was married with children, yet wound up being gay. The pastor that baptized my daughter was married and had a family. He was someone that no one ever thought about being gay, but today he has aids and a boyfriend. Some people are good at hiding these things and in the 70's there were certainly plenty of reasons to keep it hid. Again, I'm not suggesting that Bernie was. But you didn't know the man well enough to say it's not remotely possible for him to have had a few skeletons in his closet. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Robert - I don't know if Bernie was gay or not, nor do I care. But the fact that he was married more than once, had children, had girlfriends etc, does not in any way mean that he couldn't have been gay or bi. I've known people that was married with children, yet wound up being gay. The pastor that baptized my daughter was married and had a family. He was someone that no one ever thought about being gay, but today he has aids and a boyfriend. Some people are good at hiding these things and in the 70's there were certainly plenty of reasons to keep it hid. Again, I'm not suggesting that Bernie was. But you didn't know the man well enough to say it's not remotely possible for him to have had a few skeletons in his closet. 

I knew him plenty well enough there Parrot. I spent a year and a half driving around the Northwest interviewing anyone and everyone he ever knew, as well as seven interviews with his first wife. I would say that puts me in a better position than anyone else to voice an opinion on the subject. 

Anything is possible, of course. It's possible my cat Coco has the longest legs of any cat around. Or it could be an illusion. :)

EDIT: The Lee Harvey Oswald picture is in slightly poor taste...but I have to admit it is funny. Shared to Facebook, if you don't mind. 

CocoCoyote.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

New book D.B. Cooper: Examined, Identified, and Exposed by a "Nat Loufoque"... claiming cooper was E. Howard Hunt...  https://www.amazon.ca/si=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3ANat+Loufoque&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1

Cooper was not E. Howard Hunt.

INQUIRY INTO THE ALLEGED INVOLVEMENT OF THE CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY IN THE WATERGATE AND ELLSBERG MATTERS

https://ia801909.us.archive.org/3/items/InquiryIntoTheAllegedInvolvementOfCIAInTheWatergateAndEllsbergMatters/Inquiry into the Alleged Involvement of CIA in the Watergate and Ellsberg Matters.pdf

There is this strange interaction between Hunt and Nedzi.

Nedzi asked Hunt about Hahneman... his alias was George Ames. Hahneman was an electronics engineer who worked in SE Asia and Central America including Guatemala. 

"Mr. Nedzi. Do you know anybody by the name of George Ames, Mr. Hunt?

Mr. Hunt. Is that a true name or a pseudonym ? No name comes to mind. I can give you off the top of my head "No."

Mr. Nedzi. When you worked in Central America, did you ever have occasion to come in contact with individuals working on electronic installation contracts in Guatemala, or any place else in Central America ?

Mr. Hunt. I may have. I can't think of any. I was involved in the operation "Overthrow Arvens" in Guatemala, you know. We used the [deleted] subsidiary as a part of our communications network. If you could be more specific. That is the only connection I can think of, sir.

And I don't know the names of anybody after this lapse of time. Mr. Nedzi. Do you know anyone by the name of Frederick William Hahneman?
Mr. Hunt. Hahneman ?
Mr. Nedzi. Yes, H-a-h-n-e-m-a-n.
Mr. Hunt. No, sir. Not to the best of my recollection.
Mr. Nedzi. Do you have any knowledge of the May 5, 1972, hijacking of the Eastern Airlines flight from Allentown, Pa., to Washington, to Miami.

Mr. Hunt. No, sir.

Mr. Nedzi. Do you know whether Frank Sturgis was involved while in Honduras or elsewhere in Central America with Hahneman or George Ames ?

Mr. Hunt. I have no knowledge of either of the names. I have no knowledge of Frank Sturgis' activities there.

Mr. Nedzi. Do you have any questions ?
Mr. Hogan. No, sir.
Mr. Nedzi. Were you involved in any operations of any kind in Miami before the Democratic National Convention?
Mr. Hunt. I was involved in the contemplation of operations that might at one time come to pass, but which did not. Operations per se, no, sir, aside from an assist I gave to Segretti. Mr. Nedzi. What did that consist of ?

Mr. Hunt. That consisted of his requirement for a printer who could be trusted, and through Mr. Barker I got the name of the printer, and that name was passed on to him and I believe he used that printer. What they printed, I don't know."

(edited)

'I have no knowledge...'  Your typical response to questions that you don't want to answer. It avoids the 'I can't remember' response, which means a partial admission perhaps. It is often a response suggested to you by your lawyer LOL. 

Watergate. Looking back now, it seems so amateurish, so tame of an operation. So bungled it was almost a Keystone Cops scenario. I still watch the movie All The President's Men occasionally. It taught me a lot about doing investigations that I didn't know before I saw it. Segretti is one of the funnier characters in the film. 

I got a message today from a woman who used to be an NWA stew, but not until a few years after the hijacking. She says she knew KC, and thinks he's the guy. That's nice. Doesn't mean much in the way of evidence, but it's nice to hear. I sent her to a few places on the internet regarding Cooper, since she asked. 

Funny thing...last year I bought two copies of the book (second edition) by Anne Billingsley Kerr, an early NWA stew, titled Fujiyama Trays and Oshibori Towels. Thirty some dollars for two. It's a good book with a lot of pictures. She worked the old double-decker Stratocruisers back in the early days. Now her book is listed at Amazon for more than eight HUNDRED dollars each for the second edition. It was self-published. That's probably why. Nice book, not worth eight bills, no. :o Maybe I should put up one of my copies for sale at Amazon and use the money to buy some additional camping gear. (just kidding)

Unfortunately, Kerr died not long ago. I would have liked to meet her. I hear she was a big hit whenever she did a book signing. 

Excerpt from the back cover: 

'Back when Ike was president and Elvis was king, passengers traveled like royalty on the double-decked Boeing B-377 Stratocruiser, with its lower-level cocktail lounge, sleeping berths and live organ music. Anne Kerr was a stewardess for Northwest Airlines in the late 1950s, during the golden age of commercial flight. In those days cabin attendants were required to be young and single, and forced to resign when they married or reached the age of 32, whichever came first.

She shares delightful tales of the days when passengers dressed up to board their aircraft. Only little boys wore shorts, and absolutely nobody wore T-shirts or flip-flops. In those days airplanes were much more comfortable. Two adults could pass in the aisle and not touch each other. And at cruising altitude the captain could be counted on to invite passengers to C'mon up to the flight deck and say hello, with only a slim, velvet rope slung across the open door to keep them at bay.

Fujiyama hors d'euvres trays, champagne, and hot, scented oshibori towels set the stage for leisurely, elaborate dinners. If the entree was prime rib, your preferred cut was sliced to order from a hot serving cart next to your seat. Live dinner music from an on-board Lowrey organ added to the ambiance...'

Yeah, baby. The golden age of flight.  She does mention Cooper and the proliferation of hijackings a few times in her book. 

fujiFRONT.jpg

FujiBACK.jpg

Anne's 'Lady Skywriter' website is still going by the way, with updates. I'm guessing her son is the one running it how. You can find it HERE. I give it 8 of 10 on the Cool Scale. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

I'm working on an article for a Crime Space at Quora dot com right now. Won't be ready for a couple of days, but it's titled:  How a Prosecutor's Deal With the Green River Killer Doomed the Death Penalty in Washington State. 

It's the story of how former King County Prosecutor Norm Maleng, under pressure from some of the victims' families, made a foolish deal with Green River Killer Gary Ridgway...in exchange for Ridgway leading cops to where he hid some of the bodies. (They already had Ridgway dead-to-rights on at least TWO of the killings because of DNA evidence. Don't barf...but he sometimes went BACK to his dead victims and had sex with them. No kidding.) 

To give you a hint on where this is all going, it was only days after Maleng closed his deal with Ridgway that attorneys representing other defendants on Washington's death row in Walla Walla State Penitentiary started filing briefs for their clients. 

Why? Because their lawyers saw the deal as a violation of THEIR clients' constitutional rights under the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause. Their argument, which was not a bad argument, was that if their client gets the death penalty for shooting a clerk at a Seven-Eleven...then how is it fair that Ridgway avoids death row simply by telling where he hid the 50+ women he killed? When I heard in the news that Ridgway got off the death penalty like that, I just knew what was going to happen next. And it DID. 

The first week that Washington's new governor Jay Inslee took office, he put a moratorium on the death penalty. A couple of years later, the death penalty was struck down by the Washington State Supreme Court. The State Supreme Court did not specifically address the Ridgway case as the reason. They based it on racial bias on who gets the penalty and who does not. However, the fact that Ridgway escaped the penalty...and he was white...certainly must have occurred to them. 

I still have my invitation out there to everyone in Cooperland to sign up at Quora Cooper Space and move up to contributor. My last answer on the Cooper case was done less than twenty-four hours ago and already has upvotes, shares, and almost 10,000 views. That could be YOU. Advice on how you can join the Cooper Q and A discussion at Quora is detailed in my previous post at DZ HERE.

And people in Cooperland say no one listens to me..:)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Since we are doing off topic stuff today, here's my two cents:

Rest In Peace, Eddie Money. He had some big hits but I always thought he was a bit under appreciated. Other than John Mellencamp, he was probably my favorite rocker of the 80's. His "No Control" album is one of my all time favorites. Think I'll crank up some "Shakin'" in honor of the Money Man.

(edited)

Asking a question doesn't require "discussion" to evolve. I don't believe Bruce wants to speak with Blevins. sounds like he was just curious. Bruce is busy in the real world and put Cooper on the back burner for now. so, it wasn't a "topic" of discussion, only a question. I replied to it as well as Parrot. nothing continued after the question was answered. I guess I can't answer questions there now without the gossip patrol. perhaps the same person could of contacted Bruce himself since he was so curious but then nothing could of been posted though...I guess we need to show the world Robert is the topic? again, a harmless questions grants rights to make a post about it on another forum, really. Is this the purpose of this forum. can we get any more silly than this? 

Edited by mrshutter45
  • Like 1

I have to breakup this HUGE TOPIC OF DISCUSSION  surrounding RMB..seems you can't ask questions now without the gossip king posting it like it's the topic of the whole forum..

The above was posted on my forum at 01:52:01 today and to date there has been no replies to that portion of the post. the other portion of the post did get a reply. if any replies are posted you will be the first to know about. 

Film at 11 :)

• Like 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

The above was posted on my forum at 01:52:01 today and to date there has been no replies to that portion of the post. the other portion of the post did get a reply. if any replies are posted you will be the first to know about. 

Film at 11 :)

It's no big deal. I hear they are discussing the same thing over at Bruce's Crazy House. 

It's just that people shouldn't be afraid to ask questions if they are curious. I get a lot of them by email...or via Quora...and I don't mind answering. Your place isn't so bad. 

Mountain News? A different story. I haven't been there in months. Even deleted the shortcut to his site from my desktop. Whatever the anonymous crazy folk over there are going on about now...I have absolutely no interest in seeing. 

I'd put 'film at 11' up too...except when I do it is serious, because the film actually shows UP. :D

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Your joke is okay with me. My curiosity DID get the better of me just now. I went over to Bruce Smith's Mountain News and looked at the latest comments. Anonymous folks using phony online identities...telling lies galore. The usual stuff you see there. I should do a WordPress article. 'Ten Biggest Lies at Mountain News' and address them all. I won't do that because I have no desire to drive traffic to his ridiculous website. 

I don't know if Bruce's latest article, the one where he claims he was kidnapped by aliens is actually a lie, but if that makes him one of the most believable researchers on the Cooper case, you have to wonder about him. You have to look at the whole 'Bruce Package'. He hangs out with the biggest scammer in Northwest history, JZ Knight and her Ramtha junk, says he was abducted by aliens, and that he might be able to solve the case by 'remote viewing'. He also makes up shit occasionally when it suits him. Like when he said I was going to beat him up at the last Cooper Party in Ariel. B| That was pretty funny. Truth is he lied to Meyer Louie to get a ride to the party, and when store owner Bryan Woodruff rejected his request to come onto the property, he decided to blame all that on me. I actually supported the idea of allowing him in, but Bryan overruled that. 

The day I was banned from his site was like getting a message from the cable company saying I was now banned from paying any further cable bills for my cable service. You sort of get used to it quickly, LOL. 

11 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

The day I was banned from his site was like getting a message from the cable company saying I was now banned from paying any further cable bills for my cable service. You sort of get used to it quickly, LOL.

But you feel it's necessary to post things about sites you could care less about that you were banned from. doesn't sound like you have gotten over anything. that's why I see so much animosity and gossiping. typically when someone is banned they move on? you were so glad you got banned you continued to post there under false names? 

1 hour ago, mrshutter45 said:

But you feel it's necessary to post things about sites you could care less about that you were banned from. doesn't sound like you have gotten over anything. that's why I see so much animosity and gossiping. typically when someone is banned they move on? you were so glad you got banned you continued to post there under false names? 

There is a difference between 'gossiping' and simply providing the truth. BIG difference. 

Sure...I used a proxy server a couple of times to post at Mountain News. I also told people who I was. So much bullshit goes on there, I decided to defend myself by doing that. Now it's gotten so ridiculous I don't bother anymore. 

YOU should try putting on the Truth Shirt sometime, see if it fits. Mainly you circle the wagons and defend anyone, no matter how ridiculous, as long as they are a member of the Cooper Forum...and anything negative about them...even if is TRUE...you don't want to hear about it. 

Everyone pretty much knows that. The wagons must be circled. Cooper Royalty must be protected at all costs.

Hell...at least at AB we give it to people straight and are actually INTERESTED in the truth, which is more than I can say for you.

(edited)

No, Robert. it's a public forum where background checks are not required. and you don't give it straight either but make it appear that way. 

Robert, TMN hasn't changed since you were banned and you probably didn't use a proxy server there because you can just change the email address. Bruce openly tells people he doesn't know how to track so people would take advantage of that, no? it's not right some of things said there but it is what it is. 

Gossip: Is idle talk or rumor. especially about the personal or private affairs of others. the act of dishing or tattling.

You constantly talk about my forum and how it should run. you dig into peoples background until it was found you were a convicted felon. you make fun of any events others do. you run to producers "warning them". constantly put people down. you couldn't even keep things secret with the latest gossip from AV. you PM me telling ME if I asked you would tell. my response was not wanting anything to do with it and stating it was none of my business. this whole thread is loaded with gossip from you. no real Cooper research occurs. it's all about us. you tell people we HATE you which is false. what do you think happens when people come here looking for Cooper and find all of this crap? is this the "telling it straight" part by clogging up forums? I thought being banned was the worse that could happen to people online (your words). well congrats you win along with the second place major poster who is also banned  on other forums and especially this forum. "great friends you have" 

Edited by mrshutter45

(edited)

You have opened up your forum, again. shouldn't you be placing all this gossip there and not on a forum you don't own? can't you draw the thousands from Quora and allow people to discuss Cooper here and not everything that occurs in the background like asking questions about something said on another forum? why is a problem getting the public's attention to the dozens of forums that failed in the past you have tried? you have the only forum where people email you questions vs posting. why isn't all of this on your forum? it's disrespectful what you are doing here. you would expect it to be on your forum if it was all legit and the right thing to do, no? you keep diverting. the issue is here, not my forum or TMN. it's about clogging this forum up. 

I like the story surrounding the escape from Alcatraz. could you direct me to the person in charge of the forums surrounding that case? has to be a Robert Blevins in all of the forums watching over them and "giving it straight". I can't seem to find him. it can't be just this case? 

Edited by mrshutter45