10 10
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)

The documentary on Reca was very good.

The problem with this case in general, is that someone who is not familiar with the details of it, can be easily convinced that Reca is Cooper. Same can be said for Rackstraw, Christiansen, Peterson or any of the others. For instance, the doc gives a perfectly good reason why the plane would have flown the route that would have allowed Reca to land in Cle Elum and gives a good reason why they would have hid that route from the public. I don't buy it, not for a second. But the average person that isn't familiar with the details of the case would. Same result as the Rackstraw doc, people that didn't know better just believed it. Same will happen with a Christiansen movie if it happens.

Personally, I would like to know how much of the rest of the Reca story is true, if any. Was he really an CIA operative? Watching the documentary, you get the idea that this is a forgone conclusion. I'd like to see more info on that myself. Also, was he really in Cle Elum the night of the hijacking and why? The witness that said he was comes across as very believable and doesn't strike me as a liar, but that was also a long time ago to remember the details like he does. But, you can find these folks in every one of these stories. At the end of the day, it sounds like Reca had a very interesting story, I just don't believe he was Cooper. But, if he lied about that, then how much of the other stuff is lies?

To me, the biggest evidence against Reca being Cooper is the recorded confession. He was led on many of the answers. Some of the other answers he gave were very questionable as well, such as when he said that he had no idea what kind of plane he was hijacking, and had planned to jump out the side door and had no knowledge of the aft stairs. That to me is a bigger red flag than the Cle Elum thing.

Reca also supposedly bought a house for cash some time after the hijacking. If I remember correctly, the documentary includes an interview with the guy that sold him the house. Seems like I've heard that one somewhere before.

But still, the doc is worth a watch.

Edited by ParrotheadVol

some interesting info in FBI file #40..

The FBI compared Rackstraw’s finger prints to NORJAK and it was negative. They then sought to obtain his palm prints and tested, they were also negative.. In other files there are references to test for finger prints but not palm prints.

If the finger prints were negative, why test the palms..

That suggests they are unsure they have Cooper’s prints and the palm prints and finger prints may be from different individuals. CLEARLY,  not matching the fingerprints DOES NOT eliminate.

Tina..

This is fascinating, in 1978 the crew members were approached by somebody pushing Bryant Coffelt as Cooper for a script. They claimed to have FBI files and be working with the FBI. The FBI was concerned that the crew was going to give out “confidential” info..

Tina was contacted by the person in Minnesota Nov 1976 and in San Diego Jan 1977.

Tina kept a newspaper scrapbook and only discussed what was in the newspapers.

Tina claimed she never discussed “confidential” information.

Tina stated.. She only knows that there is _____________________ but does not know on which side. 

That sounds like a feature, on the face? and only on one side?.. a scar, mole, teeth, something??  Info held back??

“Tina” was cautioned that any information she has is crucial to this investigation and that it should not be made public. 

This seems to address the "sexual" assault claim.. it didn't happen

"Additionally, the hijacker did not make any overt or indicate gestures toward her or to any other stewardess to the best of her knowledge. 
She stated that she was sitting down during the entire flight and that the only time she stood up was when a passenger got up to use the bathroom. This would have been the only time or opportunity that the hijacker would have had to ______________. Additionally, she stated that during the entire flight, _________ was in the cockpit maintaining a log of the events and that she was the only stewardess in the aft of the plane with the hijacker."

Parrothead Vol says in part:

"I don't buy it, not for a second. (The Cle Elum drop via Reca) But the average person that isn't familiar with the details of the case would. Same result as the Rackstraw doc, people that didn't know better just believed it. Same will happen with a Christiansen movie if it happens..."

Sure thing, Parrot. Except for one minor point. Like the FBI has done in the case, we also don't reveal the details on everything we know regarding KC. Those details, frankly...were sold to the people in charge of making that movie. And just as frankly, I am tired of keeping secrets for them although I have to do so. People can judge for themselves on the results. Tell you one thing, they're not going to try and convince people that the jet went a hundred miles off course. B|

(edited)

ParrotheadVol wrote: "To me, the biggest evidence against Reca being Cooper is the recorded confession. He was led on many of the answers. Some of the other answers he gave were very questionable as well, such as when he said that he had no idea what kind of plane he was hijacking, and had planned to jump out the side door and had no knowledge of the aft stairs. That to me is a bigger red flag than the Cle Elum thing."

Good points. The interviewer's question were sooooo leading, which would be impermissible on direct exam in a courtoom.

Opposing counsel: "objection, leading question."

Judge: "OBJECTION SUSTAINED! Counsel, I suggest you ask your witness questions not suggest his answers" 

Also, no experienced skydiver and PJ would take such a lackadaisical attitude about the aircraft type and exit locations, especially in a jet, simply not credible. In any high-speed exit, aircraft structure strikes are a huge risk. 

Lots of folks who haven't made much out of their lives sling bullshit about being CIA, Navy SEAL, Special Forces, etc. Undercover work can explain away years of apparent non-productive time. I don't know much about military special ops activities but I do know the parachuting aspects of that work. When I hear a barroom claim about being a SEAL, I  ask parachute questions. It almost always filters out the liars. I had one alleged SEAL go on and on about the "parasails" they used for deep black HALO insertions into Sakhalin Island at night where they planted acoustic tracking devices on Soviet subs. Real Mission Impossible stuff. I should have got his autograph. 

Edited by 377

(edited)

LOL funny thing happened today trying to make a post earlier. All the text on my monitor was getting slight drop shadows behind them. I thought maybe I needed my eyes checked...no kidding. Turns out the monitor was going out. I replaced it with a spare one and ordered another monitor from Amazon. 

EDIT: A quick check at Shutter's Cooper site shows people are giving up on it. Most of the postings lately come from Georger, Shutter, and R-99. Occasionally, someone else ventures a comment or makes a plug. 

Problem with making a plug at Shutter's site is that the public only sees this instead: "You are not allowed to view links or pictures. Register or login." This means only registered members can even see what you're advertising. The same folks you already know, not the actual public. Big waste of time to promote anything Cooper-related there. Almost no one will see it anyway. Just saying. I realize I'm hard on Shutter bringing this up occasionally, but I can get emails out to over 1,200 people on a Cooper subject instantly at Quora anytime I wish. With full content included. That doesn't count anywhere else Cooper-related content is posted by AB. 

Welcome to the 21st century. 

One thing you can count on from me. Win or lose, right or wrong, I will always give it to people straight. Despite what Shutter has said occasionally... B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Capt. Bill Rataczak, C0-Pilot on that Fateful Flight, Delivers First Hand Report to NW AHC Audience

http://northwestairlineshistory.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/1209-newsletter.pdf

✈For the most part Cooper was a cool customer. He was a chain smoker, though. Raleighs were his brand. He had one cocktail. 

(other report, Cooper had two drinks)

✈President Nyrop rightly agreed with our insistence that any and all decisions were to be handled exclusively by our three-man flight crew. No interference from outside agencies. “The safety of the passengers came first and they were our passengers. Everybody’s job, on the ground or in the air, was to protect our crew and passengers and keep that airplane in one piece,” says Rataczak. “And we did that.”

✈Second Officer Anderson began monitoring the refueling, and it was soon obvious that ground personnel were delaying the process (probably on the F.B.I.’s orders, despite Mr. Nyrop’s directive not to intervene). Andy challenged the crew via his interphone and was told the truck was vapor locked. A second truck pumped only 300 of the 4,500 gallons we required. Andy ordered a third truck, which the ground crew claimed was vapor locked also. F/O Rataczak got on the interphone and told them in no uncertain terms to quit playing games. They finally cooperated and pumped the full 4,500 gallons.

(crew believed fuelling problems were an FBI ruse)

✈The FBI says Cooper had a real bomb: eight sticks of dynamite with wires, batteries, etc. He apparently threw it out when he jumped. No sign of the bomb was found by authorities in Reno.

(bomb was real??)

✈We had to hold over Seattle while Cooper’s demands were being met. What to tell the passengers? There’s a man sitting back there with you who has a bomb? No, we said we had a minor maintenance problem and asked them to please remain in their seats.

✈At 10,000 feet out of Seattle there was a cloud layer, causing icing to occur on the aircraft. We were flying what we call a “dirty airplane” with flaps and gear down. We were unpressurized. We had another problem besides Cooper. Icing.

✈ During our descent into Reno, we made a P.A. to Cooper (if he was still there) that the stairs needed to be raised for landing so they would not be damaged, which could prevent a subsequent takeoff.

✈The crew didn’t see Cooper jump nor did anybody, apparently, in the chase planes. Where he attempted to open the parachute would have had a bearing on where he landed. If he pulled it quickly he would have floated quite a ways. A late pull or no pull at all would have taken him straight down.

✈There’s been a lot of talk, some recently, about former purser Ken Christiansen being D. B. Cooper. He was fully vetted by the F.B.I., who determined he was not a person of interest.

✈Cooper offered Stewardess Tina Mucklow a packet of $20 bills before leaving. She declined.

(Tina and the other stews were offered packets of money)

✈At least two bodies have been recovered in the Cooper search area, neither of them is our man.

✈Each year, the day before Thanksgiving, the little bar/filling station town of Ariel, Wash., in Cooper territory, holds a Cooper celebration. “It would be fun to visit Ariel, then, incognito, and take it all in,” Rataczak says. “I might do that one of these years.”

Rataczak strongly opposes the folk hero moniker. “No way. He was a criminal, one of the worst kind. He was a hijacker and a thief and he endangered the lives of innocent people. There’s nothing heroic about that.”

Nonetheless, the unsolved Cooper story remains a fascinating episode, perhaps the most notorious crime in commercial aviation history.

“I agree with my good friend, FBI Agent Ralph Himmelsbach, who bird-dogged the Cooper case for many years,” Rataczak says. “I don’t think he made it out alive. I think he’s down there in the blackberry brambles someplace.”

Perhaps we’ll never know. Or we might know tomorrow. ✈

Yes, I have seen that interview. Rataczak back then didn't want to believe (or consider the possibility) that an actual employee of the airline he worked for could have been the hijacker. 'Fully vetted by the FBI' meant Larry Carr wrote off that possibility based on his personal views of the Geoff Gray article, nothing more. Seven years down the road, ask Rataczak what he thinks now. 

Nyrop was the cheapest bastard who ever ran NWA. He even took the doors off the bathroom stalls in employee restrooms to discourage goofing off reading newspapers in there. He knew NWA was heavily insured, and that's why he didn't want the FBI to interfere. If Cooper kills passengers or blows up the plane, NWA's rates would have gone through the roof after paying off all the damage and the wrongful death claims. If NWA just pays off the hijacker, this is much less trouble for the airline.

On a matter of note, I didn't mean to be so hard on Shutter, but he isn't helping advance the Cooper case much, or promoting events, books, or other material regarding the hijacking...if no one in the general public can see what's being posted. Why do I keep bringing that up? 

Because once in a while, I get an email about it asking me why. I have to keep telling people I don't have anything to do with policy over there, and don't post there. I guess they expect I do sometimes. So yeah, I get tired of answering those emails. I should get a t-shirt that says 'not associated with The D.B. Cooper Forum'. ;)

One time, I asked Shutter if it was a money problem, i.e. he couldn't afford the bandwidth or something, and volunteered to send him a donation. This idea was rejected. 

Robert, you are not hard on anyone. your animosity is more than enough proof. what would be the reason for even making statements as you do over the years. is it people talking about you, if so, please direct me to the discussion surrounding one Robert Blevins. you do show more than enough proof it's some sort of competition with you and other boards. do you post the same on your board that millions view? shouldn't you worry about Robert vs what Shutter is or isn't doing?

For the 200th time. DB Cooper is a hobby of mine. nothing in any contract tells me I MUST promote at every corner. your site alone should be the top dog since you love to dish out the advice on running boards? this last week had NOTHING to do with Cooper and EVERYTHING surrounding my life and others around me with a devastating storm approaching south Florida. I was far too busy worrying about an decades old hijacking. I was out helping the community and now in between my regular work I have to return and help them get back to normal. I'm also considering going over to the Bahama's and help. do you think the public will approve my absence? sometimes people have better things to do. I can't spend hours on the computer till the sun comes up whining about others. you recently posted not hating anymore on Eric so you decide to whine about me again? 

You be sure to let me know when you have a life or death situation facing you that takes days to conclude causing panic throughout an entire state. you actually want to put people down now for even having a Cooper site or is it just me? nobody posted on Bruce's site since August 20th? it's no different here. one of the main posters isn't even suppose to be on the board? you of all people being a main contributor should be helping the site guidelines but you break most of them anyway...perhaps you could fly down here a really help? they pay up to $500 a day in the Bahama's cleaning up? it's right up your alley. all tax deductible..I realize it's hard work telling people I don't show pictures or links. it can take a toll trying to discredit on a daily basis. then us talking about the same old boring stuff. unlike the hot topic of Reca or what picture to post on a YouTube channel? then you wonder why nobody wishes to work with you, really? I'm trying to figure out why the public hasn't asked me why I don't allow links to be shown? is my site the only one on the internet that does that? let me jump on Facebook and look, oops, I have to JOIN to view. the number ONE social media site and I have to join it to view anything. shameful, isn't it? I've had many join and say they only wish to view vs post. they don't like it, I don't need them.....let's head over to Citizensleuths, oops, have to join to view....they have several Cooper threads..

• Like 1

(edited)

Much ado about nothing. Just saying you have a fair number of active members with Cooper books, Cooper events, Cooper videos, etc...and you should support them by at least allowing the public to see the LINKS to their...Cooper books, Cooper events, Cooper videos, etc...

This isn't about me. It's about THEM. You should take a look at your own site sometime as a guest. See what the public sees. Either that, or put a notice on the homepage explaining that unless someone registers first, they aren't going to see anything except text...which often makes no sense when people post up about their latest bit of evidence...but no one in the public can see it. Don't you think that if people JOIN your site and have stuff to present to the public...that you should at least make that option available to them? This isn't about you and promotion. It is about what is fair to your members with books, events, videos, podcasts....links to which cannot be seen at your site by the public. Does Dropzone do this? No...the public can see everything even if they aren't signed up here. 

You really should put up a homepage notice at least. What's the problem? I never said your site was 'bad'. I said it wasn't fair to your members. There's a difference. If you are worried about excessive bandwidth usage exceeding your limit each month...hell, I will make a PayPal contribution to help you out. 

As far as dangers from this or that, I've been in a few close shaves here or there. When I was a kid we went through a few typhoons on Guam. The worst was Karen:

'Typhoon Karen, which formed on November 7 in the open Western Pacific, explosively intensified to a 185 mph (298 km/h) super typhoon on the 9th. It turned to the west, maintaining its powerful winds of 175–185 mph for 4 days as it crossed the islands of the West Pacific. Cool air weakened Karen as it turned to the north, and was only a minimal typhoon at its nearest approach to Japan. The storm turned eastward, where it became extratropical on November 18. Karen's strong winds caused $250 million in damage (1962 USD) and 11 casualties. Karen passed over the southern part of Guam in 1962. Wind gusts estimated near 185 mph (298 km/h) destroyed 95% of all homes on the island...'

Yeah. Been there. Done that. No fun, I will admit. Fortunately, we lived in the concrete homes on Apra Heights. Our house was spared, except for one of the steel poles helping hold up the back patio roof. It was ripped from the concrete patio roof and bent over. Now that is WIND baby. B| Truth is, we think an object flew into it, causing it to separate from the concrete. 

EDIT: After this one was over...we went back to the mainland LOL. Enough was enough. Spending those years on Guam when I was a kid was a great experience for the most part, but I've never been tempted to go back. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Well, the writer of the article wasn't convinced on your grandfather, but at least you got an article bringing grandfather to the attention of the public. That is always good in the Cooper case because it is good to keep REMINDING the public that Cooper is STILL the only unsolved hijacking in US history. 

It wasn't until the article that I realized your suspect was family. I had no idea he was family. (If you DID mention he was family, I apologize for missing that.) This means you might be able to establish a few things about grandpa...because other family members might be able to shed some light on where your grandpa WAS on November 24, 1971.

Memories are a funny thing. I found this out doing so many interviews, driving around the Northwest. You need a reference. For example, if you ask someone what they were doing on June 12, 1971...they will look at you like you are crazy. If you ask them what they were doing when Mount St. Helens blew its top, or where they were during the Nisqually Earthquake, they have the most amazing memories. It's all about the context, as Tom Hanks said in Saving Private Ryan

Since these witnesses would probably be other family members for the most part, you have to be thorough and careful in your interviews and evidence, and present any such family evidence well. It's not impossible, but you are operating from a slanted viewpoint. People will look to see if the testimony is solid, and done freely by other family members or friends who have no ax to grind, and are simply seeking the truth. Don't forget to interview friends, too. Friends of your family members, friends of your grandfather. Some people will reveal stuff to friends they would never tell a family member. Family and friends...that's the way to go. Use a good notebook, a voice recorder, and take a camera with you wherever you go. On a side note, if you ever decide to do a book, drop me an email. 

Not impossible to establish a case, but a bit of a minefield. This is one of the reasons I mostly ignored the stuff presented verbally by Lyle Christiansen, and looked more at the physical items he has provided. Family testimony is a bit tricky. What the heck....your grandpa is probably as good a suspect as most of the others presented over the years.

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I won't link it here, (because most of you reading this have seen it already) but I saw today that the KC video at YouTube reached 75,000 views today. I guess that is good. 

Dropped by the EU Cooper Con site. Program sounds okay, although a lot of it still seems to be 'TBA'. Only ten weeks to go...better button that stuff up. I'm starting to get the usual emails asking if I will be there, but not as many as I got last year. I tell people I will be in San Diego for Thanksgiving, which is the best way to answer those messages, most of which come from people I never heard of anyway. 

Sounds like the V23 Brewery either dumped Eric, or the other way around. He's mentioning another brewery now. 

Do I think Cooper Con will be a big hit? No, but mainly because there aren't any headliners on the speaker list. I ran Cooper stuff for four straight years at the Auburn Ave Theater. The only time we got more than thirty people to show was when I ran science fiction movies and gave away $300 in our best publications. And we had thousands of people outside the doors milling around for the Auburn Days Festival. Every year it was the same thing. Gayla handing out the free snacks and drinks to anyone who came in the door. Most people looked at the Cooper displays in the lobby and turned around and left. A few went inside, but it was never very many. 

My opinion, such as it is, is that if you are going to ask people to attend an event on the biggest shopping weekend of the year, you better have some headliners. I tried to tell Eric this, but got nowhere. I also hear he is planning to charge for the theater attendance. Good luck with that idea...you will need it. 

Now I could be wrong about all this, but I don't see anything even close to as good as what was proposed by Jim Brunberg at Mississippi Studios, myself, and Bryan Ward at the V23...a combination party and convention that was to be held at Mississippi with headliners galore, a Cooper character lookalike contest with Amazon gift cards as prizes, and a solid program with short, original films. What I see here in Vancouver is the same few faces preaching their stuff to the same few people they saw last year. Maybe a small number in the audience willing to pay the entrance fee. I would call it more of a gathering of the Usual Suspects, rather than a real public event. But we will see. 

Not to be TOO harsh...but sometimes people get exactly the events they deserve. What do I know about all this 'event' stuff? I was on the planning committee for the Auburn Days Festival for years...the longest-running municipal festival on the West Coast. It's been around SO long no one really knows the first time they did it, although the best guesses put it at 1916. I learned from Connie H, the best in the business, who ran that event for twenty seven years. 

Signed, 
Been There. Done That. 

I fail to see any logic in your personal vendetta with conferences. you have had all the time in the world to put something together that the Decoded team was asking for. instead you complain about other events that you believe will have low numbers but once again fail to get on top of the issue and show people how it's done. it's all about business, right? you should of taken control once you realized it was going to fail in your belief? you even stated you didn't need us, so why didn't YOU come through? Eric is trying, what are you doing other than complaining? then if 30 people show or 150 you will still be telling the world how it should of been done. it's very confusing how someone with all the answers never does anything? 

Again, nothing against you but you and Jim fail to understand that the Cooper community does have fun at these events, big or small. people don't like your personality. this has nothing to do with Cooper at all as you try and make it sound by using hate and jealousy cards. you will never change. you sit here night after night putting people down and appear to be dumbfounded why you are alone?

(edited)
1 hour ago, mrshutter45 said:

I fail to see any logic in your personal vendetta with conferences. you have had all the time in the world to put something together that the Decoded team was asking for. instead you complain about other events that you believe will have low numbers but once again fail to get on top of the issue and show people how it's done. it's all about business, right? you should of taken control once you realized it was going to fail in your belief? you even stated you didn't need us, so why didn't YOU come through? Eric is trying, what are you doing other than complaining? then if 30 people show or 150 you will still be telling the world how it should of been done. it's very confusing how someone with all the answers never does anything? 

Again, nothing against you but you and Jim fail to understand that the Cooper community does have fun at these events, big or small. people don't like your personality. this has nothing to do with Cooper at all as you try and make it sound by using hate and jealousy cards. you will never change. you sit here night after night putting people down and appear to be dumbfounded why you are alone?

Total baloney...and also shows you weren't paying attention when the event was being planned. You don't seem to 'get it,' which is why I had to do the video shown below. Eric was INVITED to host an event that had already been planned before he got there. He ACCEPTED that job...(don't pretend this is my fault...you saw Eric's email response agreeing to host.) 

He then USED that position to trash the entire event, and now everyone has to settle for his Eric-planned, watered down version, which he expects people to pay to view. How many people does he expect will show up for something like that? He couldn't even get people to show to the FREE event last year. No use trying to BS me on that, either. I got the report from someone who was there. 

The object wasn't for the same few 'Cooper Royalty' folk to have fun. The object was to throw the biggest Cooper party ever conceived, (new version of Ariel Store party + convention) and encourage the public to attend in droves, which I am sure they were going to do. I spent three months, along with some other nice folks, putting that whole thing together. If Eric wasn't willing to host and help direct the program...he shouldn't have agreed to do it. He only agreed to the job to make sure he could get rid of it and pissed everyone off. It was a dirty trick indeed, but hurt me exactly zero. I saved the $1,000 out of the AB accounts that we were going to use to buy the Amazon gift cards for the Lookalike Contest prizes. 

You will have to explain to me in the real world where Eric's actions made any sense...except for Eric. What he actually did was make himself the star of a very small show, and cheat EVERYONE out of their due, out of their book exposure with the public, so Eric could continue to be Da Guy. The only problem is that Eric doesn't have the sense God gave a goat...he was going to host the whole thing LOL. He and everyone were a lot better off with the original plan, and when people get to Vancouver and see nothing but empty seats in the audience, they should not be surprised. 

Me? I'm jetting down to San Diego to visit the zoo and see that Rembrandt they have in the museum next door. 9_9  Tell you one thing, Shutter. I don't care if people 'like' me or not in Cooperland. I have enough friends in the real world. But one thing you can count on...I will always give it to people straight. Just sometimes they don't enjoy hearing the truth on things. 

As far as being 'totally alone,' I never seem to have trouble packing in the max number of people to the Cooper Campouts (exception for the June event, since we had to change the location at the last minute), and I am working with over a dozen people...along with a famous Hollywood star...on the first movie ever done seriously on the Cooper case. A few of the same faces in Cooperland don't matter to me in the slightest. You guys couldn't figure out how to dump water from a boot if the instructions were printed on the bottom. :)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

2 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Not worth arguing over...you should of done something. it's not what Eric did it's what Robert should of done....you didn't even try...

End of story..

I should have done something? Was I supposed to take Fearless Leader by the hand? He accepted the job happily, with the express purpose of trashing the whole thing. No one saw that coming. No one would have anticipated he would do that, and for God knows what reason.

Until I released the video, and made some public statements about the situation, most Cooperites didn't realize how they got screwed by Eric. A few of them, like Bruce Smith, probably didn't care. The whole thing was just a tragedy. Brunberg at Mississippi Studios, Ward at the V23 Brewery, and the AB staff had visions of Bruce and the Gang presenting their wares to a willing audience of hundreds. Instead you get the Eric Show. Cooperland let itself down and we will see the results of that in November. 

Like I said...people sometimes get the event they deserve. 

I have pretty much gotten over all this, but I did make a decision. Once an announcement is made officially on the Cooper movie, and I am released from that damned confidentiality agreement, AB of Seattle is going to host our own Cooper party. It will be held in Seattle, and invitations will go out to the usual folk in Cooperland. Whether they want to participate or not is completely up to them, but I can pretty much guarantee two things. First, media coverage and attendance will be much better than Eric's baloney soiree in Vancouver, and we won't charge the public a cent to show up. 

Robert, you fail to follow along. the second, not the minute YOU believed Eric "screwed everyone" you should of stepped in worked a deal to make it the way you keep saying one should be done since WSHS had one. you have whined about every conference since the first one by Gray. talk is cheap and you are full of it. you had the whole Decoded crew right in the palm of your hand and you did jack. there is nobody to blame except yourself. the weak lost. you have no business sense in turning anything around. I would of drove right to Jim and spoke to him face to face pitching a better deal. probably could of got Kaye, 377, and ask Flyjack for something to present. lots of options vs whining for years about the same old crap. 

Now you speaking about something years ahead that might not happen unless the film is made and yet it's a competition once again with numbers. you have to actually do one to make any numbers come true. you do realize this, right? once again it's just more talk. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, you fail to follow along. the second, not the minute YOU believed Eric "screwed everyone" you should of stepped in worked a deal to make it the way you keep saying one should be done since WSHS had one. you have whined about every conference since the first one by Gray. talk is cheap and you are full of it. you had the whole Decoded crew right in the palm of your hand and you did jack. there is nobody to blame except yourself. the weak lost. you have no business sense in turning anything around. I would of drove right to Jim and spoke to him face to face pitching a better deal. probably could of got Kaye, 377, and ask Flyjack for something to present. lots of options vs whining for years about the same old crap. 

Now you speaking about something years ahead that might not happen unless the film is made and yet it's a competition once again with numbers. you have to actually do one to make any numbers come true. you do realize this, right? once again it's just more talk. 

Dave...it wasn't MY event. It never was. I wasn't even going to speak at the thing. I was only asked to help plan it. When Eric did his little game on everyone in Cooperland, he was also getting help. Word is at least two or three of the members at your OWN forum, because they didn't like the idea of AB being involved...started sending shit emails to the organizers. The actual organizers would be Brunberg, and to an extent, the owners of NW Escape and the V23 brewery. Those were the people behind the whole thing, not me. I just arranged some guests, and budgeted some money for prizes. Because I was asked to do so. 

Brunberg backed out after he got tired of wading through the hate-filled messages. Now Cooperland is stuck with whatever Eric can provide. He was planning Cooper Con 2019 anyway, even when we approached him to schedule most of the speakers and host the combination event at Mississippi Studios.

Agreeing to take the job simply to make the whole Mississippi Studios event disappear is a cheat and a lie to the Cooper fan public. Nothing can explain that away.

Seems like Eric did the same thing to you as well. You gave him his own thread for his Cooper Bite videos, and then he pulled them all the day after he heard I was going to review them for YouTube.  (see below)

I swear, even when you guys get screwed, you keep coming back for more...as long as the person doing the screwing is Cooper Royalty. Many in your group are nothing more than a bunch of mutual back-slappers telling each other how good and cool you all are. It's laughable. You can consider me about the only person in Cooperland who will give it to you straight. You guys are SO gullible, I swear. B|

Don't worry...the movie is coming. Took longer than anyone thought at first, but shooting and releasing it the same year as the 50th anniversary made sense to me too. 

EDIT: I did learn a lesson from all this. AB of Seattle will probably try another Cooper event, but this time we will be in charge of it and bring other organizations on board on our own. Some of the same people we had scheduled for the Portland event have agreed to this plan, but they would feel better about it if we were doing the actual organizing this time. 'Trust is a hard thing to come by these days...' as Kurt Russell once said in The Thing. We have agreed to this idea. 

I could be wrong, but I think when the people who are planning to speak at Eric's event look out there in the audience and see most of the seats unfilled...they are going to wonder if I was right about Eric all along, and realize how they took a royal screwing just to support his dishonest actions. On the other hand, maybe Eric will pack the house. We will see. 

Meanwhile, here is the review I did of his Cooper Bite videos. It was done after everyone around here realized Eric's deceptions concerning the Portland event. You can trust me when I say he has lost friends in the Cooper community, and probably your typical Cooper fan as well. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Robert, you are way too personal about the Cooper case. you have been this way since 2010. it doesn't matter how involved you were going to be. you keep repeating over the years each time a conference is held how it should of been done. the best defense is to hold your own event doing the things you claim over the years showing how to bring the public into the case. instead you just cry about it all the time over and over. 

Jim joined my forum and I sent an email telling him I didn't wish to get involved with the event if you were part of it. I gave my reasons which I have every right to do. if he didn't join I probably would of never got involved in the first place. I had nothing to do with any of it. Bruce gave a list of things he wanted from you if he was to get involved. Jim voiced his opinion about everyone getting along and I told him everyone basically does except when it comes to you. it is what it is. you have done a lot of damage in the past. you are making a federal case about nothing. it's an age old unsolved hijacking, nothing more!. I suggest you call and speak to Eric man to man instead of side stepping. this appears to be between the both of you. more you than anything. 

The public has always been curious about Cooper. that's the extent of there involvement. they tend to believe every suspect that comes forward no matter the evidence. "has to be him, they finally found him" another broken record over the years. then Cooper fades back into the darkness as it has been doing for the last five decades. some join forums and comment a couple times and disappear. they probably do that with a lot of other cases and things on the internet. I have joined dozens of forum and haven't returned to them. 

(edited)
5 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, you are way too personal about the Cooper case. you have been this way since 2010. it doesn't matter how involved you were going to be. you keep repeating over the years each time a conference is held how it should of been done. the best defense is to hold your own event doing the things you claim over the years showing how to bring the public into the case. instead you just cry about it all the time over and over. 

Jim joined my forum and I sent an email telling him I didn't wish to get involved with the event if you were part of it. I gave my reasons which I have every right to do. if he didn't join I probably would of never got involved in the first place. I had nothing to do with any of it. Bruce gave a list of things he wanted from you if he was to get involved. Jim voiced his opinion about everyone getting along and I told him everyone basically does except when it comes to you. it is what it is. you have done a lot of damage in the past. you are making a federal case about nothing. it's an age old unsolved hijacking, nothing more!. I suggest you call and speak to Eric man to man instead of side stepping. this appears to be between the both of you. more you than anything. 

The public has always been curious about Cooper. that's the extent of there involvement. they tend to believe every suspect that comes forward no matter the evidence. "has to be him, they finally found him" another broken record over the years. then Cooper fades back into the darkness as it has been doing for the last five decades. some join forums and comment a couple times and disappear. they probably do that with a lot of other cases and things on the internet. I have joined dozens of forum and haven't returned to them. 

The truth comes out on you at last. You...a guy from Florida...who probably had no intention of attending such an event anyway (because you live so far away)...and who runs what some say is the BIGGEST Cooper website...made it PERSONAL on the biggest Cooper fling ever conceived...and helped screw hundreds of people in the Northwest OUT of that event. Your friends did the rest, mostly secretly. 

Congratulations. Good job, sir. 

If I make the Cooper case a bit personal that could be because....I did 18 months of driving around the NW interviewing people in the case, giving up thousands in book edit fees and most of my weekends...and at one point almost bankrupted Adventure Books of Seattle. 

Wrote a book about the whole thing that continues to sell steadily nine years later...got a movie contract for it...and I still throw Cooper campouts out in the middle of nowhere for free for anyone wishing to attend...a myriad of other things to boot. Not to mention I've lived in the NW since about age twelve or so. So yes, there is a personal element here. 

I think the first question people will ask of you is why....if Cooper means little or nothing to you...why you did that? You have some objection to my 'participation', which was mainly just putting up some money and arranging a few guests anyway? You get a kick out of screwing everyone in the NW and helping trash three months of hard work by Jim Brunberg and others? You didn't like our ideas for the event, which would have packed the house almost for sure? I don't see where they were bad ideas. Don't try to put this off on me. It won't work. Jim Brunberg warned you and everyone else that he would withdraw if people couldn't get along. Now you support an alternate gathering...one that was based on a lie from the start...and will probably be poorly attended. This is a disservice to pretty much everyone involved in the Cooper case. Not just me, everyone. We're talking people like Darren at the Cooper Vortex, Bruce Smith and anyone else at your forum trying to sell a book or two, and every Cooper fan in existence. These people would have gotten the most coverage of their views on the case, their books, their presentations...more than they ever imagined. Even Oregon Public Television was involved. You had a hand in screwing everyone out of all that. And you did it for all the wrong reasons. I wasn't even planning on an appearance, except briefly if anyone asked. 

Don't talk about personal when you make it so on your own. 

Well, whatever. Like I said, people sometimes get the events they deserve. And you mixed up the thing with Bruce anyway. He never emailed me regarding the event in Portland. Like some of your friends at the Cooper Forum, he was probably busy shooting off nasty emails to Jim and the others I would imagine. Your suggestion I should simply 'call Jim' and start from scratch, and try to do damage control NOW is laughable at best. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins
spelling correction

Completely false narrative Robert. it's my right to pick a choose who I deal with. you don't like it, tough. I don't know Jim from dick, nor do I care to. lol, who's fault is it now, mine? it's been Eric's for months. opinions are not allowed in the Cooper circle, got it? lets team up and blame it on Bruce, or even Parrot? 

I'm not contracted to you in anyway, shape or form. as your past members on your forum said. "I will not conform to you" 

I need you to focus here, ready? I explained to Jim I didn't wish to get involved with the event. I also explained I live in Florida and my input would only be forwarding the information about the event.. you still with me? he responded wanting everyone to work together. still here? I replied that would not be possible due to the things you have done in the past and I explained those reasons. they were accurate and to the point. you still with me? this reason can not be used to try and shift the blame of the whole thing coming apart because I don't wish to be involved with projects that includes you. I never spoke with Jim surrounding anything concerning the event itself or who was to be a part of it or when the date was or anything about it what so ever. I had no part in this from the start. I was asked a question and an answer was given. how you believe that it's okay to trash people all year long and then expect people to just forget and work with someone is beyond belief. you still here? I told you the samething regarding the movie. I wanted nothing to do with it. I can't be bought, got it? I've also wished you good luck with it...all I get from you is I'm jealous lol. you are 65 years old Robert. grow up for crying out loud dude. you don't even know if the event would of materialized regardless to what happened. this started seven months ago. anything could of happened in between. 

In closing. nothing, and I mean nothing was stopping you from making this a reality yourself. you had all the tools to make it happen and your weakness shined right through bright as the sun. hell, you quit twice during the short emails to Jim. including more threats. 65 years old going on 13 sometimes screaming out when you don't get your way (internet tantrum). then you play victim....you have put this thread exactly where it left off. Cooper is secondary...

I know how old I am...it's on my drivers license you know. 

I have read your weak excuses, and that's all they are. Excuses. 

Like I said, it wasn't MY event, or even my idea. That responsibility belonged to Jim Brunberg and to an extent, the other two guys I mentioned. Brunberg told you that he wasn't interested in hearing Cooper folk bad-mouth each other. He wanted a new version of the Cooper Party, and generously invited Eric Ulis to not only arrange some of it...but to host the whole thing. You and your friends managed to trash it, especially Eric, who lied to people and said he was more than willing to accept the job...when in reality he decided it was better if the Portland event did not happen. 

That's really the bottom line. Your pettiness caused the whole mess, not me. Stop blaming me for the actions of you and your friends. 

Robert, they are members of a public forum. I gave zero excuses. it's not pettiness threatening people and tossing law suits around. apparently you don't follow very well. I had nothing to do with any of the conference. I simply gave input about a person who causes a lot more than "petty" issues. it's not up to you what I decide to do nor is it any of your business. if it turned Jim's opinion one could only believe the truth was heard? or he simply decided to not get involved as he CLEARLY stated. it wasn't a point of bad mouthing each other. it was a point of your behavior surrounding you in the community and your actions. facts were given and apparently understood. twist it into a jumbo pretzel for all I care. if people wish to avoid you it must be for a reason, no? it's not jealousy either. 

I have to go to work now so shift it more while I'm gone...

(edited)

'Shutter and Blevins Hahaha Deep down y’all really like each other...'

Nah, I don't think so. He's such a fool in my humble opinion. Thought he was helping the situation and 'shutting me out' somehow. Here is the result of his actions:

• Eric was being handed (on a silver platter) the opportunity to help organize, and be the main host, of a Cooper event bigger than anyone had ever done previously. Instead he now has to rent his own theater and attendance will probably be minimal. 
  • Instead of the event being free, with a thousand dollars in Amazon gift cards for Lookalike Contest prizes, there will be a charge to attend and probably some cheap gifts. 
  • Instead of live music and a bar, there will be some boring speakers, mostly the same as last year, and no headliners to attract a crowd. 
  • Everyone there, even if they would never admit it, will know they could have had better, but screwed themselves out of it. Live with it. 

I could go into some other things, but you get the idea. Shutter decided to go against Jim B's plan for Mississippi Studios, foolishly thinking I was the one organizing and running the event. I was just the guy who arranged a couple of guests and put up the prize money. The losers are the folks in Cooperland who could have benefited from the Portland event. Hundreds in the audience, probably SRO if Kid from Hollywood shows up, TV coverage, REAL attention to your 'Cooper Stuff'. They tossed it all away in favor of the Eric Program. Good luck with that. You'll need it. 

After he and his friends did their damage...Shutter suggests I contact Jim Brunberg to 'patch things up'. LOL...I wasn't the one who caused the problem. But as I said previously, I learned a lesson. AB of Seattle will do another Cooper event in the future. Not now, but later. (The campouts don't count.) But this time the poison pen messages to 'the organizers' will come to me, not Jim B. And I will ignore them. 

It's a funny thing that some people in Cooperland would rather shoot themselves in the foot rather than participating in something better than just ten or twenty people in the audience sitting with glazed eyes listening to the same old shit they heard last year...B| Boring, although they do get to slap each other on the back and say how cool they all are. I wonder if even a single one of them will wonder what could have been for them...and WASN'T. If you ever want to assign blame for that, don't look to me, but to Shutter and a few of his friends. I did the best I could, but a few hateful folks...thinking they were hurting ME somehow (lol) only screwed themselves. 

No skin off my nose. I saved myself a trip to Portland and a thousand bucks out of the AB accounts. That's the way I look at it anyway. If they were going to trash the event behind my back like that, I appreciate it they did it right away, so I could give the bad news to the Decoded cast and that kid from Hollywood. Had they waited until the last minute, this would have been much worse. I won't bother trying to assist on any further Cooper events unless AB of Seattle is the one hosting them. We will probably do one big one before I move from Washington state, but not this year. The Cooper campouts are a different breed. Those are more like small-scale Ariel Parties, if the truth be known. They will continue as usual. The more of them we do, the more the database grows from the people who attended a previous campout. Those folks are notified by email. This time...I filled the slots in less than a week. I will be adding a notice about that to the main AB site this evening. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins