10 10
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

I just found a reference to Hahneman in one of the Cooper letters, dated before his hijacking and him being known to the FBI..

The odds of it being random must be one in a million or more.

I have read these letters. I don't recall any names being used in them except for Cooper's. Just saying. Why would there be a Cooper letter before the date of the hijacking? 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

6 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I have read these letters. I don't recall any names being used in them except for Cooper's. Just saying. Why would there be a Cooper letter before the date of the hijacking? 

The letter date was before Hahneman's hijacking and after the Cooper hijacking. When the letter was received/analyzed Hahneman was not known.

It is there if you know what to look for..

13 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Key words "I haven't for years" that means I stopped. it doesn't mean I never did. it's no wonder you mix things up all the time. nothing changes with you. it's been a rerun for years. then you will PM me in a couple months saying you removed a bunch of articles as some sort of olive branch. I can recall three or four times. one was recently and fresh in my box here. I think the main problem was getting pushed out of the way with the conference. you have been on Eric ever since. excuses are no stranger to you either. you have all the rights in the world to do what ever you wish. that's why I suggested making it a highlight of the camping trip since you put some much time and effort into moderating the community. who else would stay up till the sun comes up dealing with all of these things that appear to be a major part of your life. you haven't changed a bit over the years. negativity is a close friend of yours. DB Cooper comes in second around here. it's all good....

I have previously offered to remove certain articles from WordPress...mainly because I thought you and your bunch would not be served well...if you were involved in the Combo Portland event....to have those continue to be made public. It was marketing strategy for the event, not good journalism. 

But then Eric lied to everyone and disappointed a lot of people. And...cheated the public out of the biggest Cooper event ever conceived...by lying. This has nothing to do with me. I was only the go-between, the guy asked to set it all up by several people. And I had great success with all that. Eric felt threatened, which was foolish because he was going to be the host. Except for a brief appearance with the cast of Decoded, I had no plans to speak or do anything at the event except make sure people were comfortable. 

He screwed you...me...Cooper fans...the people slated to appear who were traveling on their own dime...and the public. I will be surprised if more than fifty people show to the Kiggins Theater in November...assuming you aren't lying about that as well...

No skin off my nose, not personally. The whole thing would have cost me in the neighborhood of fifteen hundred dollars. Instead, I bought Gayla and I plane tickets to San Diego for Thanksgiving. Your loss, your members' loss...the public's loss. I just believe people should know the whole story, and one part of that story is that Eric Ulis cannot be trusted, and would trash anything that took the focus off him even for a second. 

It was really dumb of him to do that, you know. Seems like you will support someone's actions, no matter how selfish or how ridiculous...just as long as they tell you they don't like me personally. You are nothing but predictable. B|

I am sitting here watching Jimmy Stewart (my favorite actor) in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington on TCM. It's a good lesson for us all. Let me say one thing before I go to bed:  You'll never get any respect in Cooperland by playing politics, or by letting personal issues get in the way of smart decisions. Or by believing in the concept of Cooper Royalty, where some voices are chastised for bringing you the truth, rather than just telling you what your small group wants to hear. Mutual back-slapping has no appeal to me at all. 

I never claimed perfection, but one thing you can depend on from me for the most part. I will give it to people straight every time. A few select people are expected not to like that. This worries me not in the least.

In my book...those people don't count. And those people are being left behind, even though they don't realize it yet. 

(edited)

Due to my heavy work load over the next few days, (always happens before I go on a trip or a Cooper campout somewhere) I will not be posting here until after August 19th. You wouldn't believe what is involved in these things, and sometimes even I think I go overboard on the gear. :) 

I've pulled the article at WordPress about the campout because I have changed the parameters dramatically. What was to be a 'public' Cooper campout like the others has been changed to a private one strictly dedicated to shooting several videos on the case. In fact, I even dismissed the three people I was going to allow to come along. That's right...this is now a working vacation strictly for ME. 

If that sounds selfish, it's because back in June I hosted a public Cooper campout to Oregon and hauled mass gear, did the BBQ, and everything else...and got pretty exhausted doing it. Frankly, I need some time out there in the wilderness ALONE, and without distractions. I will shoot the videos using the remote control and spend my spare time relaxing and taking time for yes....ROBERT. I will try to do the videos as professionally as possible, using informal shooting scripts. I will cover three subjects total. You already know what those are about, so no use harping on that. The place I am going is shown in a couple of pictures below. It's one of my favorites because it is FLAT, well-sheltered, private, QUIET, and I built a nice fire pit there. Time for some reflection, some R and R...some rest. 

Since that June campout, I have been extremely busy either editing other folks' manuscripts or working at the business people sometimes like to poke fun it. No worries, I don't mind being called a 'toilet scrubber' in certain circles. What the hell...you call your own days and hours and nobody threatening to fire you for being five minutes late. There ARE pluses to the job, such as it pays better than you would think, and after all these years I have pretty much eliminated the bad customers. Only a couple of more years and I will be retiring from all that anyway. I am what you call a real saver, and have managed to plan ahead because I never intended to work forever. 

To all of you Cooper fans, I wish you a great week while I busy myself working, and on my off hours, prepare the extensive gear needed for this trip. Fortunately, since the July 2018 trip to this same spot, I have upgraded the gear I use out there a great deal and expect to live in comfort for a few days. I depart on next Thursday morning, and will return on that Sunday. If you don't hear from me by Monday here...please call me in as a missing person. 

That last bit was a joke, of course. B| One thing I like about this campsite is that even though it is in the middle of nowhere, your cell phone actually works there. Probably the altitude or something. If you are one of the few who has my cell number, feel free to call starting Thursday evening if you wish. I answer all calls, and believe it not, sometimes people (other than Gayla) actually DO call me on these trips. If you call and I don't recognize the number, leave a message if you want a call-back. If you want my cell number...well you could try a PM to me and I will decide whether to do that. 

INshirt1.jpg

Above: Setting up camp before everyone else showed up. 'Wearing Infamous Nissan shirt' refers to being a contributor at the best website for classic Nissan owners. Truck is nicknamed the 'Teal Terror' (as a joke) and is the official rig for AB of Seattle. It's a 1997 D21 Kingcab, 2WD, AC/PS, buckets, nice stereo, 15" tires, custom steel wheels, KYB shocks, and gets the best of maintenance. Total miles to date: 119,000. You gotta love it. It HAS no issues. B| 

July2018Mainsite.jpg

Above: Actually, I used this site both in July and September of last year for Cooper campouts. 

SeptCamp5.jpg

Above: Why suffer? Right side of picture shows 32" Samsung smart TV and DVD player below it. Small saw and flashlight hang from the kitchen set. For running the major stuff, I run extension cords out about 200' feet to a small generator. (No noise that way.) For cameras, LED lights, stereo, or anything else, I use a pair of 110-amp hour deep cycle batteries hooked to a 750 watt AC inverter with a pair of USB charging ports. They will run the smaller draw stuff for at least a week before needing a recharge...and you can recharge them from the generator. It's a good system out in the wilderness. Next year I am going solar on some of it. 

SiteTwo.jpg

Above: Coleman 'WeatherMaster' Tent. Looks small from the side. Center height is seven feet and is sixteen feet in length. Rated for ten people, it is like walking around a cabin when you are the sole occupant. You don't even need to stoop over, and the door is specially constructed with a fiberglass frame and Velcro, allowing you to open and shut without using the zipper. You only use the zipper when retiring for the night.

NOTE: I edited this post several times. Mr Book Editor, since he knew it was his last post for a while here, had to get it right. :)  Yes, I am going to do a PUBLIC campout after this one, but I'm not making it easy this time. We're going back to Trap Pass. Not for the faint of heart. But if the Teal Terror can make it, so can you. Some pictures below. 

EndoftheRoad.jpg

EveningViewSite.jpg

GasOne2.jpg

My vote goes to ME for who actually has the most fun with the Cooper case. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

1 hour ago, ParrotheadVol said:

The above post was totally unrelated to the DB Cooper case. No one on this forum needs to be updated that you are going camping by yourself. 

Apologies...but it has everything to do with the Cooper case. I am shooting three Cooper-related videos on this trip, which is a response for folks who email me asking when my next Cooper video will be released. Believe it or not, the DB Cooper Forum is NOT the only Cooper game in town anymore. At the Quora Space on Cooper, we have over 800 followers who get the direct email every time a new post is made there. A certain amount of mail is generated from that, since my email address is listed in the description for the Space. You should ask Darren Schaefer (DB Cooper Podcast) how he manages to get hundreds of downloads to each new episode almost overnight, after he uploads the link to Quora. B| He is getting a few from Facebook, some from DZ, and almost NONE from the Cooper Forum since guests cannot view links or most pictures. Only registered members. The majority of his downloads are coming out of the Cooper Space at Quora. We usually get a few new followers a week as well. 

Sorry, Parrothead...as far as communication about the case goes, if I share a new post at the Quora space with my personal followers at Quora as well as the Cooper Space...the number of emails that go out increases to about 1,300 instantly. My email box is usually flooded with one of two things. Questions about the case from people I don't know personally, or general questions from Quora members, often also about the case. Meanwhile, no one at the Cooper Forum even believes there is a 'public'. My apologies that I don't enjoy spending my time discussing tie particles for the thousandth time, or nonstop arguments on the flight path. I am more of an Action Jackson type of guy. I have no problem with anyone who wants to discuss those things here at Dropzone, but it's not really my cup of tea. 

I really am busy right now. But I had to set you straight on a couple of things. Politely. 

Two things from the notes..

Cooper description = "Latin in appearance, black curley hair, normal cut parted on left"

LewisShot1.jpg.8b07570ab74a9a4524f18021a033be93.jpg.86b0238dd44d5d3ab864657aafefbc08.jpg

"Portland wind 8 PM 270 deg" = W

"Portland wind 8:30 PM 180 deg" = S

The wind direction used by the FBI was an estimate, averaged over an hour based on Portland and Salem far from the LZ...

LewisShot8.jpg.dd8f539746368b639dde361d1a77133c.jpg.1b35e2c714c6d283eb438ae61ed4c31a.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 3:08 AM, RobertMBlevins said:

I will not be posting here until after August 19th.

LMAO, blew it after one day....you are the one whining about "the only game in town" and you are the only one whining about my forum that you are not even allowed on. why is this such an obsession with you? it's like listening to some child talking about his father " My daddy is better than your daddy. " 

I Dave Brown aka Shutter research the DB Cooper case. I have a forum for just that. people are free to join if they so desire. if they don't wish to join. that's okay too. I actually have a life outside of the internet so I don't have the time one Robert Blevins has by staying up all night whining about how the community should be run. I go out to dinner, go see friends , go hunting, boating, movies. lots of things I never hear about from you. why, your to busy trying to top the Cooper world and tell everyone what should or shouldn't be done. you clog up forums since 2010 with all of this nonsense. three quarter pages of the same photo's over and over. Cooper has consumed you more than anyone I have ever seen. it's a 48 year old unsolved hijacking. that's it. nothing more. you act as if we all don't go on to Quora Defcon 2 will soon be Defcon 1. the public has had a chance for 48 years. in between your spamming you have Flyjack trying to post things. that's about it..how do you think the public feels about reading all this over and over? this is by no means a Cooper forum. it's a forum for you, and camping trips and gossiping about other members and other forums. full of hatred and envy...look up in the right corner. it's been 4 members following since it's started....congrats!

(edited)

Nothing like being baited again...LOL. By a heavy user at your own forum. (Parrot) And then you jumping in behind again. And then chastised when I take time out of my busy day to respond.

Yes, Shutter. That is called BAITING. And if you really cared what goes on here at Dropzone, or object to the current content, you could add your own if you wished and that would be peachy-keen fine with me and probably everyone else. 

Yes, they can join your forum if they want. Yes, I do all the things you mentioned, and more, except for the boating because I don't own a boat and right now...neither do any of my friends. B|

There is nothing inherently wrong with me posting up nice pictures and talking about trips where we sit around the campfire discussing Cooper, or doing Cooper-related videos. Why it bothers you I haven't a clue. As far as the number of followers here at DZ, this matters not. It is well known this thread gets heavy traffic from all over the world. Most people probably just put a shortcut or favorite the thread on their computer, rather than actually signing up for the notifications. But rest assured many people view. 

If you have your own Cooper forum going, then why in the hell does this bother you?

If what I post on forums is such nonsense and nobody cares, and nobody (according to you) listens to any of it...then how do you explain more than 800 followers at Quora to the Cooper Space I was invited to create there by Quora senior staff? Or the movie? Or the video on KC that surpassed 75,000 views to date, or the other stuff? Obviously there is a crowd out there that doesn't agree with you.

Look...let's cut through the baloney and get to the bottom line. You banned me a long time ago from your forum. I am okay with that. I wouldn't join your forum even if you allowed it now. Not because it is a 'bad' place, but because you made me such a controversial subject there over the years that it would only cause discord among some of your members. So leaving it at that is just fine with me. 

Any and all of the Cooper forums are in the same boat. DZ, your place, even my old forum when it was open. The same few people are the main ones who post, with the occasional newbie. (I won't count the Cooper Space because Quora is a somewhat different system.) I think DZ gets the most views on Cooper, that Quora gets the most direct contact with the greatest number of people on an instant basis, and your DB Cooper Forum is slightly behind DZ in views. But it's all the same thing.  

If you want to bring up Cooper-related subjects here, the tie, the money, the suspects, whatever it is...I do NOT have a problem with that. Help yourself. No one is stopping you. 

You are damn near obsessed with what I do and my daily life, I swear. Get over it. You want to know why I am posting here at a quarter to twelve PM? It's because I slept earlier after working on my truck most of the day and prepping gear...happened to stop by here after I woke up...and saw your post. But I am kind of busy this week. No work tomorrow, but work coming Tuesday and Wednesday and then I leave for the Olympic Mtns. on Thursday morning. I have a big fat load of camping and electrical gear, supplies, etc to organize and pack in between all that. I work from a six page checklist. If you forget something critical, there is no driving home to retrieve it. 

EDIT:  If you don't like the content of the Dropzone forum right now, then instead of complaining about ME...why don't you do something positive about it? Post up some of your own research and see how people respond to it? Tell your members it is OKAY to post here. Some of them have been doing their own whining about DZ, you know...saying 'I never go there,' or 'I won't go there,' etc. Well...that is their choice. DZ is NOT an extension of your forum. It is a separate place. You don't control it, but you can contribute to it. So why don't you...instead of complaining?

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Recent Cooper-related subject/IMPORTANT:

I saw over at the Cooper Forum that Robert99 proposed purchasing Sluggo's old Cooper website for two thousand or so dollars. I sent an email to Bruce Smith advising him to tell you guys there might be a better way if you want that site back up. (It was closed and the domain name is now owned by a company trying to sell it.) First off, you could BUY the name, but you WON'T get the content. That will be gone. 

Probably easier if you guys just get permission from Wayne ('Sluggo') to use his old content. Then...go to the Wayback Machine at the Internet Archive and enter his old website address. All the content comes up there from the Archive's scans of his site over the last ten years. I have checked...all the content is there, and even the links work. 

If you have permission from Wayne, you can then do a copy-paste directly into another forum with a different address and there you go. All content restored and you don't even have to drop two grand to do it. I would suggest a free website through Webs dot com at first, maybe moving to a paid site there later. It's five bucks a month for Premium service with no ads at Webs. You would have to modify the dot com to something slightly different, or pay the two grand. (Maybe nwa467us dot com would work) See Wayne's old site HERE at the Internet Archive. All content is there. (If you want the Premium setup and the new dot com right away, that is an additional $21.00 a year for the dot com address.) Much cheaper than paying the two grand. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Parachutes..

The card in the back chute left on the plane was s/n 60-9707, the date May 21 1971 matches both Hayden chutes.

The chute returned to Hayden is a different s/n 226.

Which chute did Cooper take..  neither of Hayden’s.. one was returned to him and the other was left in the plane.

Cooper must have taken one of Cossey’s. If Cossey had one returned, it was either his chute that was never sent to the plane or they sent him Hayden’s which was left on the plane. << This is possible as Cossey became very upset and defensive when asked about the chute and Hayden.

but, Cooper must have taken one from Cossey, one of Hayden’s was left on the plane and the one returned to him.

They must have sent one from Hayden and one from Cossey to the plane.

Robert Blevin's posted screen grabs of searcher notes from a video...

Another screen grab states "he received.. 2 parachutes..  An army surplus and a deluxe model."

They weren't the same, they weren't both from Hayden. 

One was Hayden's and one was Cossey's. Cooper took Cossey's chute.

coopchutedeluxearmysrplus.jpeg.dc800e4b2f150775383c7c22a852103f.jpeg

I have a sneaking suspicion that somehow you are mixing up the chutes somehow. Hayden did not own any belly pack reserves. He only owned backpack bail out units, two of them. He bought them grudgingly and only because of the new flight rules for sport flying with acrobatics or stunts. It's like the Fifth Beatle question. Was it Pete Best or Billy Preston?

I don't doubt you believe five parachutes were delivered. Maybe you should make a list with explanations for each one and serial numbers if possible. One through number five. It's not that I don't believe you are right. It's just hard to understand. 

BTW...it was Billy Preston hands down. B| I gotta go for now. This is my last free day to pack for the Olympics trip. Wish me luck. 

(edited)
41 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that somehow you are mixing up the chutes somehow. Hayden did not own any belly pack reserves. He only owned backpack bail out units, two of them. He bought them grudgingly and only because of the new flight rules for sport flying with acrobatics or stunts. It's like the Fifth Beatle question. Was it Pete Best or Billy Preston?

I don't doubt you believe five parachutes were delivered. Maybe you should make a list with explanations for each one and serial numbers if possible. One through number five. It's not that I don't believe you are right. It's just hard to understand. 

BTW...it was Billy Preston hands down. B| I gotta go for now. This is my last free day to pack for the Olympics trip. Wish me luck. 

I am referring to the back pack chutes only

Four parachutes were delivered to the plane. Two backs, one Cossey's and one Hayden's plus the two front chutes from Issaquah, one reserve and one dummy.

Both Hayden and Cossey sent back chutes in, they then sent one of Hayden's and one from Cossey to Cooper. Two back chutes sent to Cooper.

Hayden's (1960 s/n 60-9707) chute was left behind in the plane and Hayden's other chute (1957 S/N 226) was returned to him. The card found in the chute Cooper left behind does not match the one Hayden got back.

That accounts for both of Hayden's chutes. Cooper must have taken Cossey's back chute, not Hayden's.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Oh, come on...let's not quote my corny Buddy Holly impersonator video. Once was more than enough:) That guy was pretty good considering it was nearly a hundred degrees that day. I was dying out there. Later, he got a copy of the full show. That was five years ago. I've gotten a little better with the camera gear since then. I promise to do well on the Cooper videos this weekend, although I am only releasing them in stages. One right away, the other two here and there. Funny thing...they just had the festival last weekend. I did not attend. When Connie the Festival Director bowed out after 27 years of running the thing, I quit the organizing committee. 

Release of videos will go like this:  First one will be the day after I return, the one with everything I am allowed to say regarding the upcoming Cooper picture. Second one a week later, that is the parody video about EU's disappearing 64 shows. The third one will come out the first week of November, or at the end of October. I may try to do a comedy bit along the way, nothing to do with Cooper. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

On 8/5/2019 at 3:19 PM, The Cooper Vortex said:

Our latest episode is out now. James Cook, an expert on the Zodiac Killer, and I discuss why there are theories linking the two cases and if there is any evidence to support it.

https://thecoopervortex.podbean.com/e/db-cooper-is-not-the-zodiac-killer-james-cook/

Enjoy!

I gave this one a listen today as I was driving to St. Louis. I enjoyed this one a lot. I follow the Zodiac case as well, though not as much as Cooper. Very enjoyable, thanks.

(edited)
6 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Parachutes..

The card in the back chute left on the plane was s/n 60-9707, the date May 21 1971 matches both Hayden chutes.

The chute returned to Hayden is a different s/n 226.

Which chute did Cooper take..  neither of Hayden’s.. one was returned to him and the other was left in the plane.

Cooper must have taken one of Cossey’s. If Cossey had one returned, it was either his chute that was never sent to the plane or they sent him Hayden’s which was left on the plane. << This is possible as Cossey became very upset and defensive when asked about the chute and Hayden.

but, Cooper must have taken one from Cossey, one of Hayden’s was left on the plane and the one returned to him.

They must have sent one from Hayden and one from Cossey to the plane.

That theory would stand to reason. If the s/n's are different then they're different. Also, I can't imagine that the FBI would give back a rig that was actually used (evidence) in the case (which includes the ones left on the plane).

But a couple of questions...

Is it possible that the s/n's or the data cards were erroneously mixed up with the front-mount reserve's?

And, If your theory is correct, does that affect what is known about the chute that Cooper jumped with? I keep coming back to the idea of Cooper jumping a non-steerable chute and how that would affect his chances of success in the jump. If your theory is correct, is it possible that that is erroneous information?

Edited by dudeman17

(edited)
27 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

I think that's 5 posts now from the guy that was taking a break.

Didn't realize you were keeping score. Most of my electronic and some gear I take on these wilderness trips is in the office closets upstairs. We also have computers there...sometimes I take a break and check email, etc. Hope you don't mind. :)

About the chutes: I think the most important point on them is establishing which one Cooper jumped with. And we should stop saying Cossey 'owned' certain chutes. He did not own any of the chutes. They were the property of Sky Sports in Issaquah. At least that is my understanding. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

1 hour ago, dudeman17 said:

That theory would stand to reason. If the s/n's are different then they're different. Also, I can't imagine that the FBI would give back a rig that was actually used (evidence) in the case (which includes the ones left on the plane).

But a couple of questions...

Is it possible that the s/n's or the data cards were erroneously mixed up with the front-mount reserve's?

And, If your theory is correct, does that affect what is known about the chute that Cooper jumped with? I keep coming back to the idea of Cooper jumping a non-steerable chute and how that would affect his chances of success in the jump. If your theory is correct, is it possible that that is erroneous information?

The FBI files state the chute info came right from the card found inside the chute left on the plane so no card mix up,, and the card with Hayden's returned chute matches that one.

What it means is Cooper jumped with Cossey's chute. Initially, Cossey was the FBI go to for chute info then it was revealed that Hayden supplied the chutes so Cossey lost credibility. 

They both claimed to have supplied the Cooper chutes and it became a mess. This sorts it out.

Cossey called it an NB6 sometimes it is called and NB8.

non-steerable 28 ft 

cosseychutesagegreen.jpeg.d167d3dce8a42a3befcb3cf86ae8ac57.jpeg

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Didn't realize you were keeping score. Most of my electronic and some gear I take on these wilderness trips is in the office closets upstairs. We also have computers there...sometimes I take a break and check email, etc. Hope you don't mind. :)

About the chutes: I think the most important point on them is establishing which one Cooper jumped with. And we should stop saying Cossey 'owned' certain chutes. He did not own any of the chutes. They were the property of Sky Sports in Issaquah. At least that is my understanding. 

We aren't talking about the Issaquah front chutes.

Both of Hayden's back chutes are accounted for, one was found on the plane and one was returned to him.. they aren't the same date or S/N. The packing dates matched as both were packed on the same date. That confirms they are both Hayden's.

So, Cooper used another back chute,, Cossey's. He claimed he sent back chutes from his house.

(edited)

Well...packing is generally done for the upcoming trip..(funny I have to justify everything I do for certain people) so I think we are faced with a conundrum here. When I interviewed Hayden (almost two hours) HE said Cooper used the NB6/8 to jump and that it belonged to him. Said the other main was returned to him, the one now housed at the WA State History Museum. Why would he lie about that? He had no motivation to lie and wasn't looking for notoriety. Very unassuming guy. 

Cossey 'claimed' he sent chute(s) from his house. Is there a verification on this in FBI files that someone contacted him in that 3-hour (or so) window on the ground and actually went to his house in Woodinville? Remember....Cossey has told media previously he owned Cooper chutes but this claim has not been proven, and has been actively disputed. He is known to have lied to media regarding the Amboy chute find in 2008, and said it was a joke. The basic record says the cops were dispatched to pick up and deliver both the money, and two chutes from Sky Sports. The Detlor report doesn't mention a fifth chute and only refers to Cossey as the guy who packed the chutes, and that he could ID them if necessary. 

Despite possibly incorrect serial number recordings by the Reno agents...how many chutes were physically present on the plane when it landed in Reno? We know the non working reserve was missing. If you say 'two chutes were found, but one was opened,' then the Detlor report is most likely accurate. I understand that you have said that ONE chute was not taken to the jet by the FBI in Seattle...and that is how you account for the fifth chute delivered to Sea Tac. If this is so, why would the FBI hold onto that chute for years if it never reached the hijacker? There are many questions here. 

When presentations or releases of evidence have been made by the FBI to the public, or the physical evidence being released to Citizen Sleuths, nothing has ever been mentioned regarding a fifth parachute. There have been hundreds of news articles, a dozen TV shows, several good books done on Cooper. None of them mentioned one chute brought to Sea Tac but not given to Cooper. 

There is also something else, something that Hayden would have no reason to invent because he had already gotten his chute back from the FBI:  Hayden told me that the two chutes he provided to Northwest Airlines were done on a rental arrangement, and that he was paid for that rental by the airline. He also confirmed that the Detlor report on the chutes was accurate, at least the part describing the two he owned. He had no information on the ones from Sky Sports other than what he read in the paper. And this may not mean anything, but he was not a fan of Earl Cossey. He wouldn't elaborate much on that, but I got the idea he was in dispute with Cossey regarding the chute Cooper actually jumped with. 

On a side note, Hayden said that he bought both of his chutes from the same place at the same time and never had any intention of using either one. Says he basically bought the cheapest working chutes he could find that would pass the new sport flying rule, but would never have jumped from a plane. Says he would have tried to crash land before doing that. 

If your theory is based even partially on honesty between Hayden and Cossey, I have to believe Hayden's version of events. 

Have you submitted this theory to Bruce Smith? There is no love lost between us, but he is pretty familiar with the chute circumstances and has interviewed Norman Hayden in person. My interview was two phone calls over a two day period. If not Smith, anyone else with a good familiarity on this subject? I would like to hear other opinions on this question. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins