4 4
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)

Well, they did say people could still submit their stuff. I contacted them at a point in time AFTER the alleged closure and they said they forwarded my message to the assigned case agent. So apparently someone in the Seattle FBI (if not the DC branch) is still assigned (stuck with) examining the Cooper stuff. On a side note, I did an extensive search of the Smithsonian website (it actually oversees, or is associated WITH, a whole list of museums) for anything DB Cooper-related. It comes up a complete ZERO on anything, including news announcements saying they are receiving Cooper files, public displays, images, etc...a complete NOTHING. Hmm. 

Below: A few pictures for DZ member Haggerknew. B| Assorted images from different campouts around the PNW, whether Cooper-related or not. The picture of the TV/video player was my earliest effort to show media out in the wilderness. (We've upgraded since then.)

The picture of Ozette Island is actually taken via Google Maps, although I have some rather boring pictures of it from ground level. The GM image is better. 

BELOW:  Mt. Rainier from the north side. You can drive to this spot and camp. 

camping5.jpg

BELOW:  Olympic Mountains, WA State. Telephoto shot taken near Jefferson Lake, Olympics:

mountainpic3.jpg

BELOW:  Google image of Ozette Island. Six trips there since many years ago. It is no longer legal to go there, since it was named a Wildlife Refuge. Beachcombing on the ocean side of the island was excellent when you COULD visit. Many glass floats. Camped there once in the 90's for the whole summer, one trip back to Clallam Bay for supplies. Two deer lived on the island. 

OzetteIsland1.jpg

BELOW:  An early effort to have entertainment at night in the wilderness. This one was taken near Jefferson Lake in the Olympics. The Envizen unit, which I still have, will do DVD's, movies and TV shows from either flash or memory card, picks up over the air digital TV signals with the provided antenna, and plays regular DVD's. In the picture I am running an old Super Nintendo system through it. Weighs less than two pounds and came in a soft case with the accessories. Still works today, although we have upgraded to a 32 inch Samsung smart TV and a media projector with ten foot screen. Sometimes I still use it when I go camping solo. 

VideoInDaWoods.jpg

BELOW: A Google shot of Darland Mountain, facing west. If you could see farther north and south, you would be able to view the entire Cascade chain from Mt. Hood in Oregon, all the way to Mt. Baker in northern Washington, a distance of about 300 miles. (If you are there, you CAN.) Altitude at Darland is 7,000 feet, making it the second-highest spot you can drive to in WA state. Hart's Pass in the North Cascades is the highest, but there isn't much to see there. I visited Darland Mountain twice, the first time in August 2003 to photograph the closest approach to Mars in 80,000 years. And then I discovered my expensive film camera was not able to advance any film. I went to digital afterward and tossed out the film camera. From the summit of Darland, Mars looked to be the size of an average street light, and was colored yellow/orange. It was amazing...but no pictures for me. The second time I visited, it was just a solo campout. 

darlandmtn.jpg.40ea6b3fdcd1dac6a07b6330224742fd.jpg

BELOW:  A picture of Mars as it appeared from Earth on August 27, 2003. Public domain image. This one was taken from perhaps 3,000 feet ASL. At Darland Mountain it appeared a bit brighter and larger, due to more altitude. And there I sat without a working camera. >:(

MarsClose2003.jpg.c05e7fffe363648d6d8526f379eeaeb2.jpg

From the Jefferson Lake campout in the Olympics. This is the place the Murder of Earl Cossey video for YouTube was shot. 

ViewFromAbove.jpg

Below: Different shots from the infamous 'Eclipse Campout' to Magone Lake, Oregon in August 2017. We had some folks who drove in for that all the way from friggin' San Jose, CA. Unreal...and I thought I had a long drive home after this one. The first picture is the sunset after the eclipse. The other three are shots of the sun (two before the eclipse, and last one during the eclipse) using different modes on the camera, or filters. 

SunsetAfterTheEclipse.jpg

BELOW:  Canon EOS using 155mm telephoto and sun filter. Note the many sunspots.

SunThruVideoCamera.jpg

BELOW: Still shot using sun filter over a Sony HDR SR11 video camera. Digital zoom.

SunThruVideoCameraNewFilter.jpg

BELOW: Shot of the actual eclipse. Canon EOS, no filter. Note blue ring around the sun. Shot taken from a high spot, and during this time you could see the red light from sunset going 360 degrees all around the horizon for several minutes. Many people, including me, did not realize this happens during a total eclipse. 

Total1.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins
Some corrections on where certain shots were taken, and when they were.

3 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Well, they did say people could still submit their stuff. I contacted them at a point in time AFTER the alleged closure and they said they forwarded my message to the assigned case agent. So apparently someone in the Seattle FBI (if not the DC branch) is still assigned (stuck with) examining the Cooper stuff. On a side note, I did an extensive search of the Smithsonian website (it actually oversees, or is associated WITH, a whole list of museums) for anything DB Cooper-related. It comes up a complete ZERO on anything, including news announcements saying they are receiving Cooper files, public displays, images, etc...a complete NOTHING. Hmm. 

Below: A few pictures for DZ member Haggerknew. B| Assorted images from different campouts around the PNW, whether Cooper-related or not. The picture of the TV/video player was my earliest effort to show media out in the wilderness. (We've upgraded since then.)

The picture of Ozette Island is actually taken via Google Maps, although I have some rather boring pictures of it from ground level. The GM image is better. 

BELOW:  Mt. Rainier from the north side. You can drive to this spot and camp. 

camping5.jpg

BELOW:  Olympic Mountains, WA State. Telephoto shot taken near Jefferson Lake, Olympics:

mountainpic3.jpg

BELOW:  Google image of Ozette Island. Six trips there since many years ago. It is no longer legal to go there, since it was named a Wildlife Refuge. Beachcombing on the ocean side of the island was excellent when you COULD visit. Many glass floats. Camped there once in the 90's for the whole summer, one trip back to Clallam Bay for supplies. Two deer lived on the island. 

OzetteIsland1.jpg

BELOW:  An early effort to have entertainment at night in the wilderness. This one was taken near Jefferson Lake in the Olympics. The Envizen unit, which I still have, will do DVD's, movies and TV shows from either flash or memory card, picks up over the air digital TV signals with the provided antenna, and plays regular DVD's. In the picture I am running an old Super Nintendo system through it. Weighs less than two pounds and came in a soft case with the accessories. Still works today, although we have upgraded to a 32 inch Samsung smart TV and a media projector with ten foot screen. Sometimes I still use it when I go camping solo. 

VideoInDaWoods.jpg

BELOW: A Google shot of Darland Mountain, facing west. If you could see farther north and south, you would be able to view the entire Cascade chain from Mt. Hood in Oregon, all the way to Mt. Baker in northern Washington, a distance of about 300 miles. (If you are there, you CAN.) Altitude at Darland is 7,000 feet, making it the second-highest spot you can drive to in WA state. Hart's Pass in the North Cascades is the highest, but there isn't much to see there. I visited Darland Mountain twice, the first time in August 2003 to photograph the closest approach to Mars in 80,000 years. And then I discovered my expensive film camera was not able to advance any film. I went to digital afterward and tossed out the film camera. From the summit of Darland, Mars looked to be the size of an average street light, and was colored yellow/orange. It was amazing...but no pictures for me. The second time I visited, it was just a solo campout. 

darlandmtn.jpg.40ea6b3fdcd1dac6a07b6330224742fd.jpg

BELOW:  A picture of Mars as it appeared from Earth on August 27, 2003. Public domain image. This one was taken from perhaps 3,000 feet ASL. At Darland Mountain it appeared a bit brighter and larger, due to more altitude. And there I sat without a working camera. >:(

MarsClose2003.jpg.c05e7fffe363648d6d8526f379eeaeb2.jpg

From the Jefferson Lake campout in the Olympics. This is the place the Murder of Earl Cossey video for YouTube was shot. 

ViewFromAbove.jpg

Below: Different shots from the infamous 'Eclipse Campout' to Magone Lake, Oregon in August 2017. We had some folks who drove in for that all the way from friggin' San Jose, CA. Unreal...and I thought I had a long drive home after this one. The first picture is the sunset after the eclipse. The other three are shots of the sun (two before the eclipse, and last one during the eclipse) using different modes on the camera, or filters. 

SunsetAfterTheEclipse.jpg

BELOW:  Canon EOS using 155mm telephoto and sun filter. Note the many sunspots.

SunThruVideoCamera.jpg

BELOW: Still shot using sun filter over a Sony HDR SR11 video camera. Digital zoom.

SunThruVideoCameraNewFilter.jpg

BELOW: Shot of the actual eclipse. Canon EOS, no filter. Note blue ring around the sun. Shot taken from a high spot, and during this time you could see the red light from sunset going 360 degrees all around the horizon for several minutes. Many people, including me, did not realize this happens during a total eclipse. 

Total1.jpg

Thank you. Beautiful pics. Awesome looking countryside. Hope to see it in person someday.

7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

If you can believe Special Agent John Jarvis, the reason was that they had already determined who Cooper was prior to the closure. That particular issue has not 'gone away' either. 

I agree they know who it is.  It was an inside job.  

(edited)

I don't know...yes...I would be fibbing if I didn't say I thought Kenny Christiansen was the skyjacker. But I haven't been able to absolutely prove that yet, not beyond a reasonable doubt. I admit I could be wrong about him.  

Hope 'Jumper34' doesn't mind, but I will say something about him. He has expressed an interest in attending the August 2019 Cooper Campout. I'm actually considering moving this event to the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, to make it easier for him to attend. This is conditional on him assisting with the Eric Ulis video we're shooting for this one. 

Today, I went to the Dollar Store and picked up two white poster boards to use as 'signs' to intro the video, and a 200-pack of index cards. I only need 60 cards to list the videos, and the poster boards will be cut into halves to do the text stuff at the start of the video. 

This is strictly Cooper Comedy. The plan is for me to read the subject of all 60 videos from each index card, toss the card away, and I get ten seconds to make a response. We're going to try and cover all sixty of Ulis' videos in ten minutes or less, and that includes the front and back credits. Should be fun. B| 

No worries. I won't take any cheap shots at him. The object is to make people laugh with parody, not denigrate the guy. There is still hope for him. Maybe after running those sixty-plus videos mostly from his couch, Eric suddenly remembered he had a convention to organize, but blew off most of the folks ready to assist. This could be the 'big DB Cooper project' he speaks of on the final video. 

For those who still say there is no movie coming on the Cooper case, I say this:

I didn't create the video shown below. Even I'M not that good. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins
  • Like 1

(edited)
22 hours ago, jumper34 said:

21 hours ago, jumper34 said:

"As a smokejumper I made many jumps into the national forests in the NW.  There is no way I would have chosen to jump at night into the woods. In fact, when I was a SJ we got a call from an SF unit asking us to teach them to jump into the trees in the middle of the night.  We politely declined.  However, as a SEAL, I jumped into the Bearing Sea in the middle of the night in similar conditions the night Cooper jumped.  In fact winds were 22 knots (20 was the cutoff but our CO threw us out anyway).  After being drug for miles, I finally cut away my parachute (which was highly frowned upon).  I thought I would be ridiculed until I found out the rest of our platoon cut away as well.  We recovered 2 chutes out of 16.  So, yes, I have made jumps in difficult terrain and different altitudes (30,000 ft).  And you don't freeze to death when you are jumping from that altitude.  So, the idea he froze to death is ridiculous.  

His DZ (as I would have done if I planned this caper) would have been the Columbia River.  It is between 2.5 - 4 miles wide in the area where the plane crossed the Columbia.  This would have been a perfect DZ.  In fact, I have jumped into the Columbia many times when I was stationed at the 304th in Portland as a PJ.  

We can all agree that DB Cooper had military training.  He wasn't a thrill seeker, this was a planned military operation.

The signal for him to jump was when the pilot got on the intercom and said "are you still there".  He replied "yes".  In the military, we call that type of communication confirm and verify.  You send out a question and get a reply.  Cooper replied, letting the pilot know he got the message and was exiting the aircraft.  

Hopefully we can agree that the DZ is now the Columbia.  (we can disagree as to whether he was a frogman or another branch of SF...I like the frogman angle, but I may be prejudiced).  

President Nixon was meeting with Najeeb Halaby the day of the hijacking.  You might want to look him up and ask yourself; did the FBI ever question this guy?  He met with Nixon 3 hours prior to the hijacking? "

Smoke Jumper, Navy Seal and USAF PJ, Holy Cow!!! One of my commercial fishing crewmen later became an Army Ranger, then CA ANG PJ (129th ARS) then Army Special Forces. He said PJ selection and training was the toughest. Do you agree?

I used to watch the 129th Hercs drop practice jumps in really nasty weather offshore of Bodega Bay CA. Winds were often over 30 mph, huge swells and water temps were 53 F. These days they mostly do practice jumps in Monterey Bay near Santa Cruz in good weather. Must have been a tough guy prior CO who insisted on bad weather jump practice. 

So who do you think Cooper was?

Edited by 377

Found something interesting..

A 727 pilot Ziad Afra had an incident taking off in Rome..  The rear airstairs weren't locked up and there was no light in the cockpit to indicate.. the stairs fell down and dragged on take off. He continued and took off with sparks flying. They pulled the door up and locked in flight and it had melted away half an inch of the airstair.

This occurred sometime after 1970, but I can't find the date or any record.

There is no date or airline mentioned.. trying to determine if it was pre or post Norjak.

Ziad Afra was a pilot from 1960-1990.

zee176.jpeg.aca2b1ab676c8ca32836c80a3c82315b.jpeg

zee177.jpeg.17cabcd8050e0ae59a902ea25df2fb72.jpeg

2 hours ago, 377 said:

2 hours ago, 377 said:

Smoke Jumper, Navy Seal and USAF PJ, Holy Cow!!! One of my commercial fishing crewmen later became an Army Ranger, then CA ANG PJ (129th ARS) then Army Special Forces. He said PJ selection and training was the toughest. Do you agree?

I used to watch the 129th Hercs drop practice jumps in really nasty weather offshore of Bodega Bay CA. Winds were often over 30 mph, huge swells and water temps were 53 F. These days they mostly do practice jumps in Monterey Bay near Santa Cruz in good weather. Must have been a tough guy prior CO who insisted on bad weather jump practice. 

So who do you think Cooper was?

I worked with the guys from the 129th.  We made a few jumps at the "Great White" DZ just of the coast of SF.  Also had a Herc break apart there from the 304th where I was stationed.  One survivor out of PDX.  

The SEAL program is the hardest in the US Military.  The PJ route is pretty tough too, but it is broken up in different segments, so you are able to get a rest in between phases and schools in the pipeline.  BUD/S is 26 weeks of fun in the sun in San Diego.  

My former CO was one of the best, Tim Holden.  Died in while riding his bike in DC.  My XO was William McRaven while I was at ST-1.  Holden was a great CO.  McRaven was, of course, an incredible leader.  Gave a great ass chewin!

DB Cooper was a cut-out, former frogman or Delta.  Obviously worked with the 727's while in Vietnam.  

IDK if he survived the jump.  I am up I the air about that one.  

One of my team mates while I was a PJ had a malfunction when doing a RAMZ jump in Lake Meade.  He had a malfunction.  Got it worked out just prior to hitting the water.  His fins were still taped up so when he tried to swim, it kept dragging him down.  The boat crew pulled him up by the drogue shoot.  Luckily they were able to revive him on the way to Nellis.  

The DZ was the Columbia.   The pilot signaled for him to jump when he said, "are you still there".  DBC responded "yes".  

With an opening of 10,000 feet with the wind out of the SW at 14 mph, the time under canopy would have been about 10 minutes.  The aggregate wind speed (80 mph upper and 14 mph at PDX) of 30 mph would have placed him 3 miles to the NE.

It just so happens that 3 miles NE of Government Island (the exit point I would have used) is LaCamas Lake.  It's a dead lake because of all the NITRATES in the lake.  The lake is also oxygen deficient.  

The FBI tried to replicate the rubber bands sticking together over the course of those 9 years and could not find out why the rubber bands were still somewhat pliable and stuck together.  They couldn't replicate it.

The testing of the bills in 1980 found an abundance of nitrates.  The theory is that the nitrates on the bills were from testing them for prints with silver nitrate.  This is a fantasy.  There is no reasonable person that would put silver nitrate no the bills and then test them for chemicals and organic compounds.  There's no evidence that the bills were tested with silver nitrate.  The FBI would not release the studies on bills.  

There was very little organic growth on the bills.  If they were out in the open on the banks of the Washougal River (or anywhere else in the NW) they would have been inundated with mold, spores, and other organic growth.  They didn't find many spores or much growth on the bills.  This signifies that they were in an oxygen deficient environment.

If I were planning this caper I would have had a dry bag and a wet suit pre-staged on the plane.  

My theory is that something went wrong during the exit of and his chute was pulled immediately which put the drift calculations directly in LaCamas Lake.  If he had the money in a dry bag, it would have eventually came loose after years of being underwater, spilled over the spillway in the lake and into the Camas slew.  It then floated downriver until something caused it to be pushed up on the bank.  Remember the tides of the Columbia have an effect on the flow.  The bills washed up on Tina Bar.

This would explain why the FBI could never replicate why the bills and rubber bands were in the condition they were in.  

If DBC landed in the Columbia, all hope is lost in finding the parachute.  However, if my theory is correct, then he is in LaCamas Lake.  

I have been diving the lake looking for his chute.  The vis is about 1 foot, so it is a cumbersome process with one guy and 600 acres underwater.  At one point I thought I hooked into his chute while I was dragging the bottom with a hay hood from the boat (I was by myself at the time so couldn't dive).  That was the end of the summer.

Of course, I was making this info available and posting by updates on Facebook.  When I went back to the same location the following year, it appeared that someone had dumped a bunch of river rocks in the exact location I had marked on the map I put on my FB page.

The bottom of the lake has about 2 feet of mud.  There's absolutely no growth on the bottom of the lake.  When I went back to the location, the river rocks were not under the mud.  It appeared as if someone had just dumped about 10 yards of river rocks in that exact location.  Odd1

Prior to this, I had been under surveillance by someone.  I thought it was my soon to be ex-wife.  I was ran off of a cliff while I was riding my motorcycle in rural Skamania County, Washington.  This was 2 years after Earl Cossey was beat to death.  

I spent two weeks in the ICU and another 2 months in a nursing home.

Odd that two people that are involved in the DB Cooper case would be subjected to murder and attempted murder.

This is why I think Najeeb Halaby meeting President Nixon 3 hours prior to the hijacking is so odd.  This was an inside job, no doubt in my mind.  

(edited)

Jumper 34 wrote: "Also had a Herc break apart there from the 304th where I was stationed.  One survivor out of PDX."

I'm familiar with that tragic accident. https://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19961122-1

I always thought Lockheed should have been held liable. Amazingly that model Herc could not be restarted in the air if all four engines flamed out (e.g. from fuel starvation). What a monumentally stupid design error. 

The crew accidentally ran the interior Fulton Tank dry leading to loss of all four engines. There was plenty of fuel in other tanks but there was not enough electrical power from the battery buss to do an engine relight, so down they went. The only possible way to have saved the day was if the FE had cut safety wire on the terminal box that had squat switch terminals that inhibited starting the GPU after wheels up and disconnected (or jumpered?)  the wires that prevented a GPU inflight start. That's asking way too much in a critical or chaotic emergency situation.  It's truly amazing that a survivor was found at night offshore. 

I find conspiracy theories and inside job allegations fascinating but I normally discount them because I do not believe that they could stay secret for so long. Many people would be involved and when lots of people are involved leaks are inevitable. 

I have a Cooper 20. I wonder if it might have any traces or residue that would link it to the unique chemistry and ecology of La Camas Lake? I do not believe Norjack was an inside job, but your landing zone theories are worth exploring. Wouldnt dragging the lake for the canopy using a grapnel hook be more effective and far less dangerous than diving for it? 

As far as I have been able to discover in my research, the SAT 727 test airdrops over Korat Thailand were the only 727 airdrops made during the war. No 727 airdrops were made in Vietnam. Dr. Joe Leeker, the premier historian of covert air ops in SE Asia, agrees.

The MAC SOG guys I've talked to said they never jumped from or heard about any jumps from 727s in Vietnam. Far more suitable aircraft were available such as Hercs, C 123s, C 119s and Caribous.  There was no need to masquerade as a civil airliner. If you have info to the contrary post it here. I'll keep an open mind.

Cossey's murder was very odd. If it was connected with his gambling it seems that leads would have developed. Grudges and player to player animosity at casinos gets noticed.

What relevant evidence has been found by the authorities? Zero. Nada. Nothing of value appears to have been taken. A junkie burglar would definitely have taken stuff. The murder weapon was a club, not a gun. No loud noise to attract police. A thief could have taken his time to look for and steal valuables. 

BTW, what does the 34 in your screen name mean? 

Edited by 377
  • Like 1

(edited)

Regarding jumper34...

This is all very fascinating stuff, but I have a few questions. If this was a preplanned inside job with ties all the way up to the president, and extreme covert coverups afterward, what was the purpose of it? It was a blatantly public event.

Also - I'm not a researcher in this case, I'm just a curious long time skydiver. My thoughts focus a lot on the logistics of the jump itself. So he jumps with a pilot's bailout rig with a non-steerable canopy. If he opens that thing at 10 grand he's got no influence over where he lands. A chosen LZ? He's literally at the mercy of the winds. And 80 mph uppers? You seem to have much different wind estimates than the other researchers. Earlier I posited a theory whereby his best chance at landing in a chosen LZ might have been to get over it in freefall, then open so low so as to stay there. I mentioned maneuvering over it in freefall, which is doable, but within a very limited range. You'd have to start out with a very accurate 'spot', which is determining exactly when to exit the plane so as to be over the desired LZ. That would require good visibility of the ground from the plane. It was night. I've heard varying reports of the weather, from completely cloudy and rainy, to partially cloudy and drizzly. Does anyone know what the moon was that night? The ratio of moonlight to cloudiness would affect how well he could see the ground and determine his exit point. Also, was there cities, towns, or other features on the ground nearby that would be lit up, giving him a better bearing of exactly where he was exiting the plane?

Edited by dudeman17
  • Like 1

(edited)

377 says in part, regarding the murder of Earl Cossey:

'What relevant evidence has been found by the authorities? Zero. Nada.'

And:

'Nothing of value appears to have been taken. A junkie burglar would definitely have taken stuff...' 

Part one is correct. 

Part TWO may NOT be correct. After the murder, there was a bit of a public outcry in Woodinville. (He was a local science teacher, after all, and popular even in retirement.) The mayor and the police chief hosted a public Town Hall type of meeting. It was admitted that items HAD been taken from the home, but they wouldn't say WHAT items. This meeting and the resulting comments were reported in media, but nothing really went anywhere with that case. 

My own research showed that four burglaries occurred within a two block radius in any direction from Cossey's home, in the month prior to the murder. On one of them, a man was seen fleeing the scene of another burglary on a red motorcycle. I got this information by researching the police blotter reports. 

In a brief, almost offhand report by KOMO (Channel 4, Seattle ABC affiliate) News, they said that Justice Department officials in Seattle claimed that the King County Sheriffs Office had a very poor record solving what they called 'major cases'. 

The KCSO was very non-cooperative in the Cossey case. They went public asking for help in solving the case. They provided exactly NOTHING to the public that would help with that. It doesn't surprise me the case has not been solved. 

One of Cossey's relatives made a slightly negative comment to the video I released at YouTube about the case. I told him that instead of being upset with ME...he should be harping on the King County Sheriffs Office on WHY they hadn't made an arrest or any progress in the murder after three years. He didn't do a follow up comment, and later removed his comment entirely. I think it was Cossey's nephew or something. Bruce Smith knows him. After he removed his comment, I also removed my reply to it...or maybe the reply disappeared as well. Can't recall. 

EDIT: Probably old news, but Cooper Vortex is announcing at Facebook that Robert Rackstraw, aka Airborne Bob, aka Cooper suspect, has passed away. Darren S of the Vortex is not claiming to be the source of this information, but he put it on his Facebook page. However, this info comes from 'Nicky B' and as of yet, I have been unable to find anything to verify this story. I would like to see some verification, or an obit first.

UPDATE:  Saw over at the Cooper Forum that this information came from Tom Colbert. Since Colbert was the one chasing Rackstraw around and hounding him on television...I have to assume the story of 'Airborne Bob's' recent death is TRUE. 

On Rackstraw:  He *may* have been involved in a killing years ago, but I don't believe he was actually Cooper. 

REMINDER: If you apply for...and are accepted AS...a Contributor to the Quora dot com Space on DB Cooper...your articles, comments, stories, pictures, links, claims, whatever...are automatically sent out to (currently) 780 people via email, all of whom signed up to receive these updates. In addition, sometimes a Quora staff member will forward your entry to up to 10,000 additional Quora users at the same time. (Typical is 1,000-5,000) This makes the Quora Space on Cooper the single biggest method to reach the MOST people, in the shortest amount of time on the internet regarding Cooper. It beats even Dropzone or The Cooper Forum hands down.

Sometimes OTHER Quora users 'share' your post, which can add up to tens of thousands of views of your entry PDQ. Just saying. My last non-Cooper entry at Quora was done an hour ago, and already has nearly two hundred views. Quora WORKS, but it takes time to build a personal following. I have about 400 followers there and 1.5 million views to my posts. That's more than entire websites get on Cooper in a single year. Join the party at the Cooper Space. B|

In order to access all this, the first thing you do is JOIN Quora and fill out a legitimate profile. Then 'follow' the Cooper Space on Quora and email me. I then move you from Follower to Contributor from the master list of followers. I will not do that unless you fill out your profile legitimately, something Quora is famous for. Does Quora work? Ask Darren Schaefer what he thinks. His podcast episodes get downloaded hundreds of times pretty quick after he releases a new chapter. And all those downloads are NOT coming via Facebook, or DZ, or even the Cooper Forum. They are mostly originating from the Cooper Space at Quora. The one thing that is deceptive is the number of views and upvotes shown to entries there. The vast majority of people who receive the updates are not viewing the entries onsite, but in their email box. Total views from sources show up in your personal Quora profile, listed there...NOT at the Cooper Space. In general, written articles and links posted do much better than links to new videos at YouTube. I don't know why, but that seems to be the way it is. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

On 7/9/2019 at 3:02 PM, dudeman17 said:

Regarding jumper34...

This is all very fascinating stuff, but I have a few questions. If this was a preplanned inside job with ties all the way up to the president, and extreme covert coverups afterward, what was the purpose of it? It was a blatantly public event.

Halaby was the grandfather of airport security.  At the time of the HJ POTUS was working on an anti-HJ bill that he started September 11, 1970 after the "PLO" hijacked 4 planes in September of 1970.  The bill nearly doubled airport security funding in the US.  It also required overseas operators to upgrade their security standards to the US standard.  

Halaby went on to sell the Boeing 747 overseas.  I think he brokered the sale of 20 of them in 1972 to another country.  After that he assisted these other countries with upgrading to US standards.  

What people don't realize, it's not just the sale of the equipment, its the service contracts that go with it.  These companies also create the "policy" in order for the country to be in compliance with US regulations.  Halaby's companies, I would assume were "full service" companies.  

What I have seen other companies do in this situation is get their foot in the door of the industry.  Once they get their foot in the door in implementing new policies, the company now has a track record of doing this.  

For example, let's say the Bahama's wanted to continue to fly to the US.  They would hire Najeeb's firm to upgrade airport security and policies.  They have a 10 year contract for X dollars to keep the facility in compliance with US regs so they can land in the US.

Then other countries that have been locked out of the US find out how the Bahamas did it and they refer them to Najeeb's company.

When they call Najeeb's company, he says he'll take care of everything.  He has the country write an RFP or request for proposal.  He assists the country with writing the RFP.  In essence, he ensures that the RFP is worded in such a way so that his company is the only company qualified to bid on the contract.  Such as, the winning bidder has to have experience in installing airport security in 5 airports around the world.  Then it becomes 10, then 20, etc. 

They become the sole monopoly of installing AP security around the globe.  It's very profitable.  

Edited by jumper34

8 hours ago, jumper34 said:

Halaby was the grandfather of airport security.  At the time of the HJ POTUS was working on an anti-HJ bill that he started September 11, 1970 after the "PLO" hijacked 4 planes in September of 1970.  The bill nearly doubled airport security funding in the US.  It also required overseas operators to upgrade their security standards to the US standard... 

Again, that's all very interesting, but it still doesn't explain why it would be necessary to stage the Cooper hijacking. At the time, plenty of scary hijackings were already taking place, including the at-the-time recent PLO ones you mention. If Nixon and Halaby were already implementing their plans to upgrade airport security worldwide, why would they need to stage another hijacking, especially one in which the perpetrator could predictably become something of a folk hero. If anything, that could lessen the public's perception of the urgency for upgraded security.

Edited by dudeman17

I am working on a plan for the next Cooper Campout that is different from the ones we've held in the past. Mostly, they've been loosely-knit gatherings where we talk about the case and watch movies, party a bit, whatever...

This time I am going to propose that anyone who wants to attend can also have a video (semi) professionally produced for them for YouTube, or whatever they wish to do with it. In other words, if you have something you want to say about the Cooper case, or some angle of it...we will help you do that. We have the proper gear to do this. All you need is to show up and prepare to go in front of the camera. We will do the still shots for you as well. 

After the raw footage is complete, we will provide you a copy of it right there in the field, and then take a copy back to the office with us. We then edit it and add front and back credits, some still shots, etc into the finished product. Then it goes to you via Google Drive. (Will be too large for email) What you do with it is up to you. If Google Drive is impossible for you, we will mail you the final version on a flash drive. They're cheap. 

I am still working on this idea, which because of its nature will probably happen not next month, but in September. 

All of the 'usual' things that go on for a Cooper Campout will happen as well, but the daytime focus will be on shooting the videos. I will update over the weekend with an explanatory video and links to more information. 

videooutdoors.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Case ain’t really closed but the hunt is over! Rip Bob Rackstraw. He wasn’t DB Cooper, but I will make sure his story is told of the things he said that led me to the real DB Cooper. Airborne Bob wasn’t some cold blooded animal like some make him out to be. He cared a lot about his grandkids and loved his dogs. His dogs ate more expensive food than most of us on here. He loved CostCo. He hated me, Colbert, and Hillary Clinton. Don’t think he really even hated me and Colbert, and as I sent Tom in an email, he absolutely loved the attention DB Cooper brought him. It made him feel alive again! James Klansnic was DB Cooper. Case Closed July 2016, Derek Godsey decides he will find DB Cooper July 2016. 3-25-17 at 11:55 P.M. the hunt for DB Cooper ends. 3-25-71 Boeing announces more layoffs due to the Government cutting funding for the SST program. 3-25-71 and 3-25-17 same numbers in a different order. Can’t fight fate!! 

FF8B6B3D-FB44-4CBE-8F25-38FE604EFEA8.jpeg

22B84F40-F12F-422B-8750-12B00B9D1248.jpeg

Come on, GB...if you had actually proven that your guy was Cooper, you would already be on the Tonight Show. My old man is six feet to six one and was laid off from Boeing in 1970 during the Big Layoffs. He had to go to work pulling heavy pieces of plywood off a conveyor line. And I can assure you that doesn't make him Cooper. 

Do you have ANY idea HOW many people Boeing laid off in the Puget Sound area in the two years prior to Cooper? Some guys committed suicide. Boeing execs working at McDonald's. Families bailing Puget Sound in such great numbers that they put up that famous sign asking the last one to leave to turn out the lights in Seattle. It was on the damn freeway for everyone to see. I was here, living it, teenage kid. You have NO idea. 

There was no Starbucks, no Amazon, no Microslave. There was only Boeing. And when Boeing did that, many of the sub contractors folded as well. People lost their homes, spent all their savings, went on Food Stamps and welfare. You have not a clue. That makes a suspect pool so large as to be beyond belief. 

Being laid off from Boeing and perhaps looking slightly like the sketch is not enough. A simple declaration by you is not enough. You need a bit more. So far, I haven't seen much. 

I can't even say for sure that Kenny was the guy...but I have a hell of lot more out there on that than YOU do. A 54 page report with pictures that's been public for years. A book, such as it is. Other stuff. Still not enough. You have zip. You are starting to remind me of the famous Bob K, the guy interviewed by author Geoff Gray.

Cartoons below. 

BKtoon1.jpg

BKtoon2.jpg

BKtoon4.jpg

Judging by your genes of intelligence your father wasn’t smart enough to have been Cooper. James Klansnic didn’t get laid off, his time and work was flushed down the toilet. I’m using my suspect to achieve other things that will help other people. I’m not using him for a campout. I’m adding to the legend of DB Cooper. Klansnic will exceed all expectations of who DB Cooper was to most. He’s the gift that keeps on giving. Not only did I find him, I found something much more important that day. He got away with his crime, but made sure others won’t. 

E129E117-4061-44A8-B59A-3B7C9BD42676.jpeg

3C67B7F6-244C-4D11-A0C3-7E7D24533531.jpeg

8FD8F8F1-F969-40C0-B954-B1E7FAA305D3.jpeg

Not enough. You haven't a single witness other than yourself. And we're not talking about me here, or even dear old dad. 

You have less than nothing so far. A slight resemblance, maybe. And your guy has blue eyes to boot. That can be seen in the picture to the right. Start with the basics. Establish where your guy WAS on 11/24/1971 or in the immediate time frame before that date. Any testimony from family or friends? Any unexplained sudden spending after the date of the crime? Do you have anything at ALL except a couple of pictures and a declaration?

4 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Well, if Rackstraw truly hated Hillary Clinton, he can't be all that bad. Rest In Peace, Airborne Bob!

Hate is a big word and it's been going around too much already. Cooperland seems to have an inordinate amount of it going as well. 

If there were only ONE party, and ONE candidate, they would call us Russia. 

6 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Well, if Rackstraw truly hated Hillary Clinton, he can't be all that bad. Rest In Peace, Airborne Bob!

You ain’t lying. Reminded me of Tombstone. I bet he never imagined dying with his boots off and in bed peacefully. I still want to see his death certificate, him in a casket, organs separate from body, something lol, jk. RIP 

17 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

We both liked the show “Justified” and I told him once he was a lot like Boyd Crowder he liked to “get money and blow shit up” he got a kick out of that. You have to give the guy credit. It was like one day something clicked and he stopped the blowing stuff up and stealing and learned to wage war with his words and mind. He started getting educated and even though he still led a scam or 2 at the end, he was a free man and loved in his community. 

I don’t have time to work on and look at the Cooper case as much as I once did, but it will always be my first love. I come back occasionally because it helps regain my sanity because of what I’m currently working on. I love the DB Cooper history channel special. It’s the only one that brings all the madness together. They hit all the main suspects and actually have the witnesses and pilot there. It always pisses me off when they talk about Duane Weber’s ears for some reason. I put this on here once but nobody really took it serious, but the only other person on the planet that could have been DB Cooper (like a 1%) chance was a man that Mrs. Jo Weber gave us the name of and nobody myself included took the least bit serious because we knew Weber wasn’t Cooper. A man named John C. Collins, another Boeing Engineer was indeed staying in Portland the night before the hijacking. I had a secret lady i spoke too once that I’ve never told anybody about. She gave me hints and clues that walked me right to Klansnic’s front door. She died last year. When dropzone reopened I was reading though the old post and I be darned if Mrs. Weber didn’t name the lady over a decade ago. THAT GOT MY ATTENTION . That’s why I give John C. Collins a slight chance ;) 

AD9F8279-5F46-4E39-8455-49AFA2D07884.jpeg

D15D0551-5438-4A54-93D7-EF4DD3A77726.png

Edited by GoingBoeing
Wording

I don't know much about Jo Weber, or even where she lived exactly in Florida...but I did see THIS today:

'Joanne Weber, 87, of Fort Myers, passed away on June 29, 2019...'

Only obit with her name I could locate in Florida on short notice. She never contacted me except by email. Several people know quite a bit about her, though. And some of them have spoken to her extensively on the telephone. They would probably know if this is her. 

If so, this is too bad. I had no animosity toward the lady.

You know GB, if you are going to keep the identities of witnesses a secret, that's up to you. But in my opinion it is better to just lay out the cards on the table and start naming names. The reason is because you WANT people to try contacting these people to verify things. This is why I named FBI agent John Jarvis, US Navy engineer (civil service) Troy Bentz, Margie and Bernie Geestman, Dawn Androsko, etc. I lay the cards face up and just tell people to check for themselves. 

Of course, two of those six people are no longer with us, but their legacy lives on in their testimonies, the report to the Seattle FBI, the videos, the WordPress articles. They ARE and WERE real people. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins