4 4
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)

I think I have explained my position on what happened very clearly. You are correct on the quote. That came from my email to the PYC. Your 'simple question' makes no sense. You caused the whole situation in the first place, along with a few friends. Blaming me for taking action is pointless. 

In a way, I'm glad you brought this up because I was reluctant to do it myself.

Now people know the truth on what actually happened, including Eric. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

I feel sorry for Eric. He probably didn't even realize what was going on, and the reason his event had to be moved. I would have contacted him directly, but at your website, where he was doing most of the advertising, only registered members can view any links, pictures, profiles, etc. I didn't even know exactly who he was until afterward. 

Very deceptive. Eric knew exactly what happened. he received the email you sent. he also posted on The Mountain News where you were also posting prior to being perma-banned.. you could of easily contacted him. Eric posted the event updates on both sites. you couldn't figure out how to contact an active poster that was on multiple sites, really? 

You had no intentions of contacting him directly.

Edited by mrshutter45

(edited)

Eric's statement...

I posted the following comment (blue text) on MN regarding the discussion about Robert Blevins:

My vote would be to permanently block Blevins from this forum.
Blevins’ threat was grounded in malice. He knew that the yacht club wasn’t organizing, funding or sponsoring the DB Cooper Conference. That would be me. However, he hasn’t threatened me. Why?
The answer is because Blevins hoped that he could stir the pot and that the yacht club would cave. He was right. Furthermore, he knew that he could not intimidate or silence me. Once again, he was right.
The event is called the “DB Cooper Conference” and not the “Robert Blevins Conference” for a reason. Blevins is not that important. DB Cooper is important. The conference is about Cooper, not Blevins.
This and other sites should be welcoming to people with differing opinions and theories regarding the DB Cooper mystery—even those espousing Kenny Christiansen as Cooper. This task is impeded when people like Blevins are permitted to operate unchallenged in any manner they see fit. It is neither right nor productive.
Free people are not required to tolerate malice. There is no honor in willingly forfeiting the rights that we all enjoy as Americans, chief among these freedom of assembly and speech. The 2018 DB Cooper Conference will take place; the new venue will be announced soon.

Cheers
!

You can stop the games giving the idea that Eric didn't know who you were and the tricks you pull..even after you apologized Mayer said you had plans for the next location. obviously, you backed out of that idea. as Eric stated. it was pure malice. 

Edited by mrshutter45

(edited)

I have seen these things before. Free speech runs both ways, Shutter. I didn't cause the problem, you did. I merely responded to you and your friends' unfounded allegations regarding KC. I even tried explaining my position, as well as my thorough investigation on these allegations, over at Mountain News. Nobody listened, and some of the responses at Mountain News were pretty nasty. 

If you are trying to tell everyone that posting unfounded slander time and again, without a shred of proof on those allegations is somehow okay, I'm not buying it. I don't think any reasonable person would buy it either. I know the PYC media person certainly wasn't buying it. Don't blame me for the situation YOU caused in the first place. 

At this point, I figure you and your friends will say what they will, true or not, malicious as it may be. And there isn't much I can do about it. That's a given. But I am glad people now understand what actually happened. When people stoop to those kinds of tactics to attack others, it only shows a lack of character and very little else. 

EDIT: What happened with last year's convention was unfortunate, with Eric being the real victim. But it was not caused by either Eric or myself. It was caused by YOU and your unrelenting, and sometimes unfair attacks. Ever since Dropzone reopened, you've had a real personal issue going. Most of your posts are associated with me, and not the Cooper case itself. AB of Seattle staff believes you are simply jealous of what we HAVE done to forward the case with the public. 

Things like the Cooper Campouts, for example. Just yesterday you made a crappy reference to my updates about them. (You also said that because of this you were 'backing out' for a while.)  

Or the Cooper Space at Quora with its 750+ folks getting the updates. Or maybe the simple fact that I post here at Dropzone and you can't stop that. I'm sure you would if you could. 

Look...I wouldn't worry. I have no intention of interfering with anything further regarding any future Cooper conventions, no matter how nasty folks get. Neither do I have any intention of participating. The way I see it, AB of Seattle does our thing regarding Cooper, which is mostly fun and positive, and others can do their thing. And hopefully that will be the same.

The incident last year was unfortunate, but was instigated not by us, but by you. 

The simple fact alone that you decided to pick up at Dropzone where you left off at the Mountain News is proof enough of that. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Robert, the allegation are not mine. they are documented in the 2007 article. you are trying to sweep it under the rug. this occurred almost 50 years ago. the article was made by Gray, not me. I realize you believe this is my fault too. they are troubling allegations. I already told you Kenny probably didn't do any harm. that doesn't mean it never happened. 

You are not law enforcement. not even close. talking with friends and family helps support your version but it's far from what the possibilities could of been. calling him a child rapist is wrong but you can't just ignore the allegations. people talk. it's part of life. people are mean, nasty, nice etc. you can't control it. 

The conference was all your fault Robert. you lied saying you couldn't contact Eric. you are not being honest speaking for him by saying he had no idea what happened. you seen the post above what Eric stated. it's miles from what you stated. not one person or hint was given about anyone discussing Kenny at the conference. why, because it was never going to happen. you invented the idea. it's called "fake news" malice is visible as can be and the evidence backs that up. who was going to speak about all the liable, Tom Kaye, Eric, 377? that leaves Bruce. do you really think people would spend money just to gossip about Kenny? it's total nonsense. Eric pegged you perfectly. How many times have you posted how easy it is to find someone "dropping a few bucks on a website" it was free in this case. you could of easily made a post on TMN asking Eric to contact you. his name is all over the place. Eric Ulis. the intentions were crystal clear....

Stick a fork in it...she be done :) 

(edited)

Blah, blah, and..blah. I already discussed this issue at length. It's obvious we have different views on it. You can try to explain your way out of your actions as much as you wish, but the hard truth is that if you had not engaged in scores of slanderous posts regarding KC, and ignored the evidence that was presented to you at Mountain News...(and here) none of what happened last November WOULD have happened. YOU instigated it.

Now you come to Dropzone to post the very same allegations that got the convention moved, and try to justify that as well. 

I can't speak for others here, but it seems your main goal at Dropzone is not to discuss the case, or to help promote it in the public eye, but to justify your actions and convince people you are right no matter what. Even when you aren't. And frankly, to engage in attacks on me personally, something you have a well-documented history of doing over the years. Your emails where you have cursed at me and then bragged I can't respond to them, your many posts on other sites. Even some of your own forum members have contacted me privately about these actions on your part.

Or to continue where you left off at Mountain News. It's not only a bore, but pointless. 

Is this why you migrated from your own Cooper site to Dropzone? To simply attack others? It's a waste of both my time and yours. I already blocked you from private messaging here a while back, seems you found a way around that. My humble opinion is that you are engaging in baiting, and causing discord, in an effort to have this thread closed, so that YOUR site becomes the ONLY major site regarding Cooper.

I can see no other motivation for your postings. You should move on to something else that actually has to do with the Cooper case. That's just my unsolicited advice.

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I'm not trying to convince anyone. the evidence speaks for itself. you tried to claim that the email was sent because you couldn't contact Eric. you give the illusion that Eric was new and you had no idea who he was or how to reach him. you then attempt to make it appear you had no choice but to send an email. you knew very well what you were doing. the exposure of this shows the fault in the entire plan. who wouldn't contact the source to try and discuss something like a man. instead you play tricks by diverting Eric completely. isn't that your own policy, "go directly to the source" ? thumbs up, you got us good. not only was it a dirty trick, it's something you often accuse others of. you are scared to death that people are like you. that's why you hide everything. 

To put any REAL truth into this. you should of made attempts to contact the source of the event (Eric) by either emailing or calling him as millions of people do daily. if these avenues didn't work then it's possible you would have to try and contact the Country Club. only as a last resort and all the other options were exhausted. this of course would be the case for someone actually concerned. failing to do this supports my case further of the actual intentions. you didn't want to contact Eric. no drama involved. it would of been between you guys only. it would of been the proper way to handle this. no other way around it. 

The bottom line here is people like Johnny Green, Ted and a few others did make statements of Kenny being a child molester. this is clearly an attempt to retaliate against those accusations. you even threatened Bruce with a law suit prior to the email. you had no grounds for that either. you are trying to make two wrongs a right. it's not working....sorry. 

Shutter:  I'm not feeding any more into this subject, or trying to separate your half-truths and address them individually. I have already discussed it at length. It was an unfortunate situation all around, but it was not I who instigated the problem in the first place, it was you and some of those people you mentioned...a few of whom still use phony identities at Mountain News to this day. This is why I no longer visit MN, or even your site for that matter. 

One thing that has always bugged me is whether or not the story is true that a woman saw someone walking down the road near Ariel, WA the morning after the hijacking who looked like Cooper. This alleged witness has never been interviewed at length by anyone, as far as I know. Might even be an urban myth, I am not sure, but I have heard this story several times at the old Ariel Store parties. 

I have extended a personal invite today to attend the June Cooper Campout to some of the same folks who attended the Eclipse Campout in eastern Oregon in August 2017. Mostly through Facebook. Surprised I didn't think of this before. :)

I told them we actually had a flush toilet and a shower tent this time, which some of them found hilarious. That convinced at least one of them. We're starting to pick up inquiries now. They just better get there on time if they plan to go without contacting us first for the map leading from the rally point to the actual campsite. Otherwise they will have to turn around and just go home. Only VERIFIED folks get the maps, and that's to prevent someone else from using those maps to go early and take our selected spot. Maps are not issued until the evening PRIOR to the event. This has been standard practice on all the Cooper Campouts. 

27 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

I would run from the issue as well. it's very obvious....

I wouldn't call a dozen posts 'running' lol. I already addressed the issue at length. If that doesn't satisfy you, then you can send an email. You are blocked from PM's here at Dropzone, but not from the main AB email. 

That is...unless you send me another one of your crazy mails with the swear words. Then I will block you permanently. 

It's obvious to everyone who has read the previous posts that we will never agree on this issue. So stop wasting your time and mine. You are flogging a dead horse. You want me to tell you that everything you said on this issue was right, and that you are Mr Perfect, and none of the situation falls into YOUR lap? Okay, fine. 

Sure. You were right about everything, and everyone believes you. There you go. B|

Now, as Katherine Hepburn once posted on her property back east:

'Please Go Away' 

(edited)

I never claimed to be perfect. that has nothing to do with your actions. just more diversion tactics. I did show that you were far from perfect in being honest about how or why you sent the email. pure malice. that's a fact. has nothing to do with PM's, or emails, or the price of milk. it has to do with being honest, which you were not. 

Yes, had to slam the hammer down on you several times. the constant begging was getting old along with 5-6 emails withing an hours time gets old quick. the nerve of me using language lol. your coming after me like I sent a letter to disrupt a function or something, oops, sorry. :)

Edited by mrshutter45

(edited)

Nah. It's not that. I've read plenty of your stuff. I even agreed with you just to shut you up. Like a girlfriend I once had. Same problem with her. 

It's only that I found some other stuff more interesting, and much more educational than your recent posts. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I don't expect you to agree. convicts have the same rule (wasn't me, I never did that). actually, it doesn't matter whether you agree or not. 

I will do you a solid for once. just let me know when ever you need to get a hold of an active member on these boards. I'm pretty good at finding contact info. it's complicated but it can be done. even a new member can't get by me :) 

Hint: if you are ever on the same board as the person you are trying to contact. you can simple ask them in a post on that board. it works. I've seen it done. 

Operators are standing by.....

(edited)

When I contacted the Portland Yacht Club, I had gotten to the 'Don't Care' point with several folks, some of whom post to Bruce's MN to this very day. I can handle criticism. Unfair attacks are another thing entirely. And when I saw that some of the same people who were either appearing at the convention, or scheduled to speak at the convention...were posting up the junk they were...I said ENOUGH. 

And some of these same folks were involved in the infamous 'Regina Winkles' incident from a few years back, too. Over 300 absolutely filthy comments to a WordPress article on Christiansen, where some of the IP's were provided to me by Regina...same people, at least some of them, still posting today on Cooper. Two of them from YOUR forum. Many of these comments were aimed directly at Gayla Prociv, as well as a couple of my friends. As you recall, even Matt Mullenweg, the co-founder of WordPress, got involved. He (or one of his minions in San Francisco) deleted Regina's entire WordPress account, a collection of otherwise nice articles she had going for years. I still have the PDF of the article and its comments that was sent registered mail to Mullenweg, although I will never make it public. 

Before I made the decision to contact the PYC, I tried using sense and sensibility over at Mountain News but people weren't listening. They were getting a big kick out of their slanderous comments regarding KC, and doing it when they knew they had no proof, or a single witness to any untoward behavior by KC. Meanwhile...I had already interviewed dozens of people about KC, and got a totally normal picture of him from friends, neighbors, family. 

I never thought in my wildest dreams that the PYC would simply check out my one email, not even respond to it, and then cancel the venue. What I wanted them to do was to contact whoever 'EU' was and tell him that slanderous comments, unsupported allegations about KC would not be allowed at a public convention. Especially when I had to be in San Diego over the convention visiting my mother in law. The PYC media person took a look at Mountain news and made their decision the same morning. Surprised me as much as anyone else. 

Then Bruce shows up at my door the next day with his computer-generated press pass around his neck, scaring the shit out of Gayla. We don't get that many visitors. And usually they are invited. And Bruce KNEW I was gone that weekend because I had posted up about that campout several times on Mountain News, and pretty recently to the date. 

Some folks in Cooperland have played some very dirty tricks, as you can see. Like Bruce and others saying we were harassing him when Meyer and I made that trip to see if he was okay. Meyer talked me into that on the phone, calling me at like 7PM at night on a worknight. I noticed that Bruce now makes sure he tells people he will be out of town...a good idea so people don't worry. I saw posts at the Cooper Forum that same week wondering why he hadn't posted anything on MN or Cooper Forum in a couple of weeks. I also knew he had a medical problem previously, and I wondered if something had happened to him. Everyone knows he lives way out in the sticks. LOL I couldn't find my way back to that place if I tried. 

After the PYC canceled, which was NOT what I was looking for from them, I decided to not interfere with the new venue and you guys could just go on with whatever you wanted to say regarding KC. It was a 'whatever, guys' thing. Now you bring that same stuff up at Dropzone, Shutter...and I have seen your recent posts at your forum regarding your attitude on Dropzone, your comments on who posts here, and how you thought it was funny to jerk chains regarding the proposed search of the placard area. Also your comments on how you were tired of Cooper, wanted to back out for a while, stuff like that. The placard thing was relatively harmless, though. After I found out we wouldn't have found anything anyway...what was the point of spending the money to go out and try?

I have no plans to get involved in any future conventions and I hope anybody that organizes one, attends one, speaks at one...does good. I will not interfere in that. But I do have some advice for Eric about his upcoming November event. He should come up with a plan that will actually make people show up in force this time. AB of Seattle had a solid plan going, and we were told by Jim Brunberg, the guy who actually OWNS the venue at Mississippi Studios, that everyone was going to work together to make it a success. These 'one man shows' never work well. Eric ignored Jim's request and wouldn't even answer our emails. Now practically everybody who would have brought in the crowd has bailed. Scott Rolle from Decoded was ready to fly to Portland all the way from Maryland. He just came back from Afghanistan. And Buddy Levy is in demand all over the place. Christine McKinley is friends with Jim Brunberg, and lives in Portland. Maybe she will still show up anyway. She's a good local draw. Free BBQ from AB was being done. A thousand bucks in Amazon gift cards for a Cooper Lookalike contest, like they used to do at Ariel was ready to go...all arranged by yours truly, Greg, and Gayla. Now it is all gone. 

Eric, hopefully, has something at least almost as good in mind. Less than six months to go. I told him you need headliners to bring people into the door. Otherwise it is just the same old thing. And it IS true that holding a public event over the same weekend as the biggest shopping weekend of the year isn't easy. 

Despite all these things, I truly hope any convention this year works for everyone. But Eric needs to work with people. Don't let him arrange the entire program on his own, or be responsible for everything. If that's what happens, it will be a crap shoot at best, although I think just holding it at Mississippi Studios will bring in more people than last year.

Our plan was a combination Ariel Party sort of thing with speakers, short films, more or less. The Lookalike Contest would have brought many attendees simply to try for the money. Our plan, even if you don't like the folks at AB...was a GOOD plan. And we were ASKED to do it by both Brunberg and Bryan Ward, the owner of the V23 Brewery. They came to us, not the other way around. I would like to see Eric come up with something almost, or just as good. We already know that some people, when they heard we were involved in some of the planning, went behind our backs with some rather mean messages. The next thing...I see the guy at NW Escape saying nasty stuff about us for no good reason at all. That's when we bailed from the whole program. 

Now what we do here at AB is organize our own smaller, more local events. There are two categories. Appearances at libraries with film and slideshows about once a year. And we try to put on at least two, maybe three Cooper Campouts a year. I was already going camping all over the Northwest anyway, so what the heck. Might as well do some to help promote the Cooper case. I don't try to sell copies of my book or convince people KC was Da Man Who Did Da Dirty Deed. They are celebrations of Cooper, and trust me when I say the celebrations sometimes carry on into the late night with a big campfire LOL. The latest one coming in June is totally nuts. Can't believe I agreed to drive 180 miles to Estacada, Oregon for it...and then another twenty or so to the actual campsite. I must be crazy. It is the first and last one I will sponsor outside of WA state. 

EDIT: Not that it matters, but you are no longer blocked at AB mail, or even here for PM's. Maybe this is better than the alternative. 

SecondCampout.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
16 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

I don't read online novels...my guess is you are trying different angles to divert from the truth of failing to contact Eric Ulis to resolve any issues you might of had. truth is we already know...

So what? Do you believe I care what people who engage in the sorts of things I described really think? 

When people play dirty tricks, I don't just lay down and take it. I can tell you that. If you thought I was the sort of person who puts up with that, you are sorely mistaken. Convention is over. Shit happens. Get used to it and LEARN from it. Most of the stuff people post on the internet doesn't mean a thing. 

And sometimes...it does. That was a time when it did. I don't even know why you post here anyway. You haven't had a single good thing to say about Dropzone or the people who post here since the thread was reopened. 

As far as any future conventions, I will have nothing to do with them. Cooperland can do their thing, and we do ours. Our stuff is smaller, but probably a lot more fun. B|

Another update on the Cooper Campout. I had to make some minor adjustments to the program. I know you don't like those updates, but you aren't the only person in Cooperland either. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

You seem to divert from the original topic..where you played a dirty trick. now, you bring up things from almost 10 years ago? you have yet to prove anything. you speak a lot about those ridiculous comments from 2011. who cares about those. remember, your own words about thing from the past..."that's old news nobody cares about" only when it's attached to you.

The issue is getting you to finally admit you played a dirty trick yourself. 

Does everyone have to speak out and praise a site for having a Cooper thread. one that ends up stuck in a rut dealing with you? it's a never ending loop. why are you bringing more garbage to this forum? because you don't want the attention surrounding the original issue? 

You were deceptive by saying you couldn't contact Eric and voice your concerns about someone speaking out of line about Kenny. you sent an email diverting Eric to disrupt the conference. sure, people have spoken bad about you. you take things outside of the internet into the real world and play serious dirty tricks. it's not the first time either. I have dozens of screenshots with you calling people names, the moderator of your forum calling people harsh names. it's a two way street that you always try to make it appear to be a one way street. always the victim, right? 

(edited)

I'm not avoiding the subject. It's simply that I get tired of repeating myself. You go on and on over the same stuff. I saw some recent posts you made on your forum. The ones where you say you are tired of Cooper, are backing out for a while, cancelling new registrations, making a joke out of wasting peoples' time here regarding the proposed search for the placard, naming the people who post here and saying you are tired of seeing the 'same old shit' both here, at your forum, and at Mountain News. You even said I made 90% of the posts, which is ridiculous. 

Why in the hell should I care what you and friends think, or believe? You don't deserve any respect. Your actions reflect that thoroughly. 

The reason I don't post up the PDF is because it is a filthy thing and not suitable for prime time, if you get my drift. And the reason it DOES matter, even today, is because some of the same people who contributed to it are still doing the same thing today. It shows a long-term pattern of behavior, mostly negative. 

I have covered your questions and comments thoroughly enough. Maybe if you're going to hang around here, you should do something positive, as you asked others to do just a few days ago..

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

You constantly try to make me adjust my forum to your standards. you have tried a dozen times to run your own forum and failed, miserably. you steal idea's from others, or do the samethings we do to try and one up the issue at hand. you accuse others of shilling when I have a dozen screenshots where Farflung roasted you. you do everything you preach against. I started ONE forum in 2014 and it's still running. what you think about it doesn't concern me. 

You write all these negative articles about people and speak negative to producers and media sources and get events shutdown that people paid money for and become confused as to why nobody wants to work with you on a project, or even be connected to you. really? then you try the olive branch thingy and tell people you removed all the bad articles. a month later new one's take over. it's another never ending loop. you threaten people with law suits and zero grounds to do it. according to Bruce Smith you went as far as threats of physical violence. 

Nobody hates you. they hate the things you do...you can't even accept blame for anything..

Edited by mrshutter45

Okay, lets see how many days you can go without trying to talk negative about someone connected to the active boards about Cooper. I just looked and nobody is talking about you. been that way for a long time. lets see how long you can stick to the case. it's what you just asked for, right...

Mark the time....

Our forum is still open. I removed all the internet links at AB to it, or at Facebook etc. It's just a private forum now. Mostly I use to post up information about our Cooper events that I don't want anyone to see except a select group. And the group isn't that big. 

The reason I offered to remove some of the WordPress articles was because after Jim Brunberg and Bryan Ward approached me to help plan their November Cooper Party, I thought it was the best course. 

Now we get to the meat of the matter. You're pissed off about some of the WordPress articles, like Fear and Loathing in Cooperland, etc. As you have reminded me, there is a First Amendment. I left a couple of articles off, but the rest stay. 

I haven't threatened anybody with violence since high school. Not Bruce, not anybody. Get real. Another baloney story straight out of Cooperland from people who have nothing better to do to amuse themselves. :)