4 4
quade

DB Cooper

49 minutes ago, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss the money find on Tena Bar.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DBCooperChannel

Clearly, the rubber bands were not intact..  your premise is false.. your conclusion self serving. Rubber band frags were attached and crumbled when picked up, an 8 yo kid couldn't determine if they were holding packets or bundles.

There is no evidence that determines the location and extent of the rubber bands, just vague and general hearsay.

The term "intact" is clearly false. The 3 packets were completely missing a large portion of the sides/edges. Were the brittle rubber bands hanging "intact" outside the perimeter of the deteriorated packets... hard to imagine. Were rubber bands attached to each of the three packets both top and bottom.. unlikely if 20 bills were missing/deteriorated.

The bills did have holes created by bacteria, but some of the damage resembled insect damage. Kaye only examined three bills. If there were insect damage that would expose the interior to bacteria.

Some have irregular and sharp cuts..

dbtimeline071029_1_560.jpg.df6498a032c2ecfa4d7ca8548766b284.jpg

490485079_g03Bill1.jpg.d5de2cc01688cb69dc3264eb01248a1b.jpg1077226880_Picture5.png.acdfe0e227e53219d8ad1016738fbf3c.png

908271314_g05Bill3.jpg.073fdc973d01169157ce4ce30d929e16.jpg

The people on Bruces site are critics. not researchers..none of this really belongs on this site. it was opened up to research the case. all that happens is gossip and camping updates. personally, I'm backing off for a while. I don't see any REAL research going on anywhere. I see a lot of conclusions and ditching of evidence though. 

It might be true that you can get more done offline.....

9 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

The people on Bruces site are critics. not researchers..none of this really belongs on this site. it was opened up to research the case. all that happens is gossip and camping updates. personally, I'm backing off for a while. I don't see any REAL research going on anywhere. I see a lot of conclusions and ditching of evidence though. 

Don't underestimate the value of critical thinking.

On 5/28/2019 at 7:46 AM, ParrotheadVol said:

Shutter - 

Someone posted a while back that Tina had actually identified a picture of LD Cooper as the hijacker. I don't remember who posted that and if it was at your site or maybe on Bruces. Seems like it may have been Nicky. Do you recall who posted that or where they got that info? I'm sure it was all bs, but I remembered someone saying something along those lines.

Robert said earlier that Tina was shown Rackstraw's photo and six other people not related to the hijacking.  I don't know where that came from.  If someone can go to the broadcast, you can see L.D. Cooper's photo on the coffee table where Tina was.  I didn't get a good view of the other photographs.  If Tina recognized any of the photos, I think it would have been part of the broadcast.

(edited)
10 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Excuse me, but I see two things right away.

First, this statement comes from a person who hosts another (see: 'competing') site on Cooper where the public can't view any links or pictures anyway. And I have always maintained that this is a poor policy on a number of levels. 

Second, since you DO run another site dedicated strictly to the Cooper case, that does not mean you get to control the agenda on other Cooper sites. At least when I do 'camping updates,' it is in an effort to INCLUDE the public in the Cooper case, and try to recruit new fans to it. I don't believe in the concept of Cooper Royalty, (that one person is somehow 'better' than another in regards to Cooper) or attempts to shut certain voices from discussions on the case, with those attempts mostly based on personal issues. 

I take offense to the idea that my posts regarding the infamous 'Cooper Campouts' are either a waste of time or have nothing to do with the case. One of the problems with ANY discussions, or public interactions on the case is that Cooper happened almost fifty years ago. Almost anybody, even in the Pacific Northwest, and under the age of forty will give you a blank look when you mention D.B. Cooper. In order to continue to interest the public in this case, you have to INCLUDE them as well. The public is fickle. The public forgets. 

One of my jobs (as I see it) is to make sure they don't forget, and to recruit new fans. And frankly, this is fun to do. Can you imagine it? Organizing a group of complete strangers to come together in some remote location simply to party (legally), watch Cooper stuff on a TV, discuss Cooper stuff, meet other fans, some old, some new? They come from all over the Northwest. It's frickin' amazing. And the June event will be the fourth time this has been done in the last 18 months or so. They get more fun each time as we improve both the program, and the gear to make sure people are comfortable. 

The concept of Cooper is not just a dry discussion by some small group who believes they are the be-all and end-all of everything Cooper. The one thing these people forget is that without the public, they become nothing more than a footnote who will eventually fade away. My goal is to bring Cooper back into the forefront of Northwest lore...kind of like Bigfoot, I guess. 

Unfortunately, I see a lack of cooperation from certain 'established' folks who still believe that Cooper Royalty is superior, and works better with the public, than working together toward a common goal. I get these emails from people sometimes. They don't want backbiting, fighting, and foolishness. They want interaction and FUN. And sometimes we give it to them, because if you want continued interest from the public, you have to give them what they want. Sometimes I think I am working alone in this effort, and if you rely on just dry 'research,' pretty soon it is just you and a couple of your friends standing alone in a big stadium and wondering where everyone went. 

"Where's everybody GOING?" as Bette Midler said in The Rose. 

Where, indeed. They probably just got BORED. 

EDIT:

Mark Bennett says in part:

'Robert said earlier that Tina was shown Rackstraw's photo and six other people not related to the hijacking.  I don't know where that came from.  If someone can go to the broadcast, you can see L.D. Cooper's photo on the coffee table where Tina was.  I didn't get a good view of the other photographs.  If Tina recognized any of the photos, I think it would have been part of the broadcast...'

Well, sure it would. A long time back, I took a still shot from the show, the part where they show her the six-person photo layout. Saw only Rackstraw in the array, and not any of the known suspects. Five ordinary folks, and Rackstraw. I just did a quick search for that still shot, but I have literally thousands of photos on file. Didn't find it yet, but I will work on it. This array, and its contents, were mentioned in the Less Than Zero review I did on the show at WordPress in July 2016. I should have posted it to the article, and I see I did not. Hopefully I did not delete it from my computer, but I will look for it later. It's probably buried on my computer somewhere. Failing that, I may be able to get a still shot from the History Channel by re-watching the show online at the main HC website, and then 'pausing' the show to take a screenshot. If I can't find it on my computer, I will do that over the weekend, I promise. 

Late Edit: After a thorough search, I have determined the picture array is NOT on my computer. I must have deleted it long ago. I can get it via History Channel...but that means signing up to access their Vault for $4.99 a month. I am not willing to do that right now, but anyone who really wants to see the array can do so on their own. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

The six photo lineup was given to Mitchell on the show. Tina was given Rackstraw's photo directly. they also played audio for her to listen to. during that segment a coffee table can be seen with photo's of the known suspects on it.

If Tina watched the show which I'm sure she did. she would of seen the small segment about Kenny as well. 

Edited by mrshutter45

It wasn't audio alone. It was a video of Rackstraw coming out of a courthouse or something. A coffee table with a picture on it with all the known suspects doesn't prove Mucklow was actually shown that picture. It could simply be a shot of a coffee table with a picture on it. 

I already know how much of that show was filmed. It's a load of baloney from start to end. Maybe you should talk to Billy Jensen, get his take on it. I did. 

Not my fault you actually went along with that TV show. I used to believe Fred Flintstone and the rest of the cast would never pick up a cigarette, either. Not on prime time, anyway. When you start questioning things without regard to personalities, start SUPPORTING things that actually benefit public exposure to the Cooper case without involving personal issues, in my humble opinion you will do better. 

See you folks on June 21. Early. :)

(edited)

You can play critic all year round. the fact remains that Kenny was mentioned in the show that two crew members and a passenger from 305 was part of. saying they didn't watch the show is nonsense. I don't care if Fred Flintstone produced it. they seen it. the IRS raided there office, big deal. it is what it is..did Billy tell Tina not to watch the show, or Mitchell? 

What I believe, and not what you think are two different things. I believe she was honest about Rackstraw and seen Kenny as well. probably not the first time either. that's what I believe...

I also believe they will jump out of there seat if a picture of Cooper every gets shown...that's what I believe. people with suspects will find every loophole to get around anything..that's also what I believe. 

The crew and passengers are "the public" you need to reach. then you guys will claim that years have gone by and they forget what he looks like, but amazingly, witnesses for suspects are crystal clear lol. sharp as a tack. like it was yesterday. 

This is my story and I'm sticking to it...

Edited by mrshutter45

It would be totally asinine to suggest that Tina had not ever seen a picture of Kenny Christiansen.

Further, in his early days here on the DZ, Blevins claims to have gained permission from Tina to send her a photo of Kenny Christiansen. If the search functions here were better, one could find that quote. But, at the end of the day, it was probably just another lie. 

(edited)
6 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

It would be totally asinine to suggest that Tina had not ever seen a picture of Kenny Christiansen.

Further, in his early days here on the DZ, Blevins claims to have gained permission from Tina to send her a photo of Kenny Christiansen. If the search functions here were better, one could find that quote. But, at the end of the day, it was probably just another lie. 

A production company exec for that show asked for...and received...practically everything we had on KC at that time. We gave them what we had, except for the items we were holding back as a safety. (Those items are still confidential, and rights to them are held (for the moment) by the film production company in LA. Since none of us were actually there during production, it is hard to say how it went. However, I also saw the show and it was obvious that KC barely got a mention, probably because he was a threat to the idea of their book. If you remember, it was released the very next day at Amazon. The whole program was nothing more than a poorly-conceived, poorly-executed prequel to the book release. 

It is even within the realm of possibility that Mucklow recognized KC, but decided to say nothing about it. There is no way to tell. But this show was never about KC in the first place. You are trying to say that it is, but the evidence on that ranges from thin to non-existent. 

Yes, I was in the process of obtaining permission to send pictures to Mucklow a few years ago. I had contacted the Dormuth family in Shelton about this. (Mucklow's sister and her brother in law, the retired FBI agent)

At the same time, Bruce S showed up unannounced on their front porch, harangued them quite a bit, got nothing from them, and then published a rather bitter article about his 'interview' with them. Some members of the Dormuth family SAW that article at Mountain News. They were so pissed off about the whole thing that when I had the package of photos, the cover letter, etc all ready for them a week later, they told me they would no longer talk to anyone regarding Cooper. This is a common theme with Bruce, i.e. to 'interview' (see: 'harass') a witness, and then that witness becomes useless to anyone else. He has been guilty of this behavior, and its end result, several times now. Bruce, in fact, has done more damage to forwarding the Cooper case than any other single individual. 

As far as the recent comments, it seems like you always try to bring the conversation back to KC somehow, which is pointless. That investigation is closed. The final result, except for a few confidential details, is available for public viewing. If the production company(s) in LA decide at some future date to stop renewing the media option, then I will release those things to the public as well. But the investigation itself, barring anything new coming along, is over. He has been discussed ad infinitum, and he is a very polarizing suspect. Either people believe strongly he was Cooper, or they believe the opposite just as strongly. With him, there is little middle ground. That's just the way it is, I guess. 

After I saw D.B. Cooper - Case Closed? my first thought was that I was GLAD not to have KC, AB of Seattle, or myself personally involved with that program. It was a mish-mash disaster from start to end. And yes, when filming wrapped the REAL FBI agents (not retired) raided their offices after their own bookkeeper tried extorting them for a lot more money than Cooper stole LOL. 

cooperate.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I don't think that's a good representation of the History Channel broadcast.  The first part was Tom Colbert, his study, his suspect and his conclusion.  Then, they added Jensen and Fuentes to review Colbert's evidence as well as the other suspects.  In the end, Jensen and Fuentes did not believe Rackstraw was Cooper.  I wouldn't call it a pro-Rackstraw program at all.

I thought the program was excellent.  I had hopes they'd release a DVD including material that didn't fit in the four hours.

lol. nobody EVER stated the show was about Kenny. in fact, I said he was mentioned in the show...actually, it stated he worked for NWO and they showed his picture. they concluded it was not plausible. 

It's a show "reaching out to the public" and you want to believe the "public" didn't buy the show. are you Mr. Nielsen? I seem to recall the You Tube video's stating left and right that it was Rackstraw who was Cooper. probably just like when Decoded aired. for months everyone believed the Reca story. your public buys into everyone. 

Tina and Mitchell both watched the show. who wouldn't watch a show they were on? I'll bet they seen it before we did. 

Kenny is part of the Cooper story. if you don't wish to discuss it. you might also want to stop posting things about it. cease it all. you want it one sided. you like to promote the fact, but hate to comment about it. that's not how it works. you go around the internet speaking negative about any suspect that hits the screen. then you wish to clam up when it points in your direction. this has been pointed out to you for years.

that is far from "thin to non-existent." it's a fact. 

Some claim they have done the best over everyone else...funny. Tom Colbert says nothing of the sort. lets see who can beat this team :D

THE COLD CASE TEAM 
Private Investigators & Forensic Experts:
 PI / Polygraph Expert Jack Trimarco (Former FBI, Los Angeles, CA)
 PI / Polygraph Expert Ron Hilley (Former FBI, San Francisco, CA) 
PI Ken Dirk (Former FBI undercover, Los Angeles, CA)
PI Trent Johnson (Former FBI undercover, Newport Beach, CA)
PI Richard W. Smith (Former FBI, San Francisco, CA) 
PI John Bocciolatt (Portland, OR) PI Jack Immendorf (San Francisco, CA)
VP Erik Kleinsmith, American Military University (Manassas, VA)
COO Doug Fogg, Sorenson Forensics (Salt Lake City, UT) 
Forensics Professor Thomas P. Mauriello (Laurel, MD)
Forensic, Police & Clinical Psychologist Kris Mohandie (Pasadena, CA) 
Forensic Document Examiner Linton A. Mohammed (San Francisco, CA) 
Forensic Document Examiner Mark Songer (Former FBI, Denver, CO)
 Forensic Investigator Christopher Freeze (Martinez, CA)
 Forensic Court Archivist Shannon Van Zant (Calaveras County, CA) 
Forensic Cyber Investigator Jim Christy (Former Director, DoD C3, Washington, DC)
 Trainer/Consultant Frank Doyle, (Former FBI, San Ramon, CA) 
Consultants / Federal Agencies & Departments: 
FBI Asst. Director William M. Baker (ret.; Los Angeles, CA)
 FBI Supervisor / Profiler James T. Reese, Ph.D. (ret.; Williamsburg, VA) 
FBI Special Agent Patrick J. Webb (ret.; San Francisco, CA) 
FBI Special Agent Stockton Buck (ret.; San Francisco, CA)
 FBI Special Agent Donald “Max” Noel (ret.; San Francisco, CA)
 FBI Special Agent Thomas R. Kinberg (Rest in Peace) 
U.S. Attorney Joseph P. Russoniello (ret.; San Francisco, CA) 
U.S. Attorney Robert C. Bonner (ret.; Los Angeles, CA) 
Asst. Director of Central Intelligence Mark M. Lowenthal (ret.; Arlington, VA)
 U.S Army LTC Ken L. Overturf (ret.; Colorado Springs, CA) 
U.S. Customs Field Ops Director Richard F. Vigna (ret.; San Francisco, CA)
 U.S. Coast Guard Exec PAO Dan Dewell (11th District, Alameda, CA)
 U.S. Marshal Johnny “Mack” Brown (ret.; Greenville County, SC)
 RCMP Chief Superintendent of Police Jamie Graham (ret.; Vancouver, BC, CANADA)
 Consultants / State Agencies:
 State Investigator Ron Sterrett (Phoenix, AZ) 
State Investigator Shannen L. Rossmiller (Helena, MT) 
State Special Agent Jon Campbell (S.L.E.D., Travelers West, SC)
 State Instructor Frank Cowan (ret.; Santa Rosa, CA)
 Consultants / Local Agencies: 
Judge F. Clark Sueyres (ret.; Stockton, CA) 
Detective Dan Horan (ret.; Los Angeles PD; L.A., CA)
 Detective Jack Ballentine (ret.; Phoenix PD; Phoenix, AZ)
 Detective Emil “Bud” Bladow (ret.; Portland Bureau Police; Portland, OR)
 Liaison Officer James Zimmerman (ret.; Niles PD; Niles, IL) 
Supervising Forensic Scientist Geoff Bruton (VCSD; Ventura County, CA)
 Officer Bill Tyler (ret.; Denver PD; Denver, CO)
 Legal Associates: 
Law Professor Jeffrey T. Renz (Missoula, MT) 
National Security Attorney Mark S. Zaid (Washington, DC) 
E & O Attorney and Manager Michael London (Beverly Hills, CA)

I rest my case....good nite. 

(edited)
15 minutes ago, MarkBennett said:

I don't think that's a good representation of the History Channel broadcast.  The first part was Tom Colbert, his study, his suspect and his conclusion.  Then, they added Jensen and Fuentes to review Colbert's evidence as well as the other suspects.  In the end, Jensen and Fuentes did not believe Rackstraw was Cooper.  I wouldn't call it a pro-Rackstraw program at all.

I thought the program was excellent.  I had hopes they'd release a DVD including material that didn't fit in the four hours.

It was a piece of poorly-conceived junk that managed to harass Rackstraw half to death. Colbert bet the farm that he was right, and had his book scheduled for release the next day after the program premiered.

He got burned, and his visions of a NYT best-selling book, a movie deal, etc went right down the tubes along with the program. I heard all about it from Jensen. It wasn't just that Jensen 'didn't believe' Rackstraw was Cooper. It went a bit farther than just that.

If you want to stream it, you can do that for $4.99 a month at the main History Channel website. Probably can't burn a straight DVD from it very easily, but you COULD download it and convert it to an MP4 file, stick it on a flash drive, and then plug the drive into your smart TV. Except for the movie with Treat Williams and Robert Duvall, and the Decoded show, that's how we present all the different Cooper stuff when we do the campouts. It's all on a flash drive. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

It was a piece of poorly-conceived junk that managed to harass Rackstraw half to death. Colbert bet the farm that he was right, and had his book scheduled for release the next day after the program premiered.

Which is worse. the above or stomping on the grave of the dead that can't speak? 

(edited)
35 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Some claim they have done the best over everyone else...funny. Tom Colbert says nothing of the sort. lets see who can beat this team :D

THE COLD CASE TEAM 
Private Investigators & Forensic Experts:
 PI / Polygraph Expert Jack Trimarco (Former FBI, Los Angeles, CA)
 PI / Polygraph Expert Ron Hilley (Former FBI, San Francisco, CA) 
PI Ken Dirk (Former FBI undercover, Los Angeles, CA)

(and a ton of other folks)

I rest my case....good nite. 

So what you are saying is that even though all these people were supposedly involved...the best they could do was point the finger at a guy with blue eyes, who was about twenty years YOUNGER than the descriptions given by witnesses to the hijacking? And that now you are convinced beyond a doubt that Rackstraw was Cooper? Sounds like that's what you're telling us here. Either that, or you are star-struck regarding Tom Colbert. 

Here's a quote for you from the film, Apollo 13:

"Tell me this isn't a government operation..." 

All those names, all those credentials...and their only good witness goes zero on them. LOL. They were caught with their pants down. They didn't even bother doing what's called 'qualifying the witness,' which is what happens sometimes in criminal cases and tort suits. You talk to the witness off camera, and ask certain questions. "Do you think you would recognize Cooper if you saw a picture of him around the time of the hijacking?" Or: "Have you ever seen a picture of someone that you thought might be Cooper?" Stuff like that. They didn't bother with any of that, of course. They decided to do a slanted show and yes, they got burned. 

And none of these people questioned the idea of a suspect so far off the description? NONE of them? That's surprising. And none of these people ever suggested that it might be good to show Mucklow a TRUE collage of all the known suspects, to eliminate or confirm them once and for all? Well, hell. That was pretty damn dumb IMHO...unless you are betting everything on YOUR suspect. But if you go zero on that, you just made a lot of people look pretty foolish. 

Yes...the plan was for the book to be released the next day at Amazon after the premiere of the show, which it was. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

19 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

only thing in the description that Kenny matches is the fact of being a male. it appears Colbert has you on this, no? 

We're not talking about Kenny here. I was talking about the show regarding Robert Rackstraw. And that show is what it is. Do YOU believe that Rackstraw was the hijacker? You've been touting Colbert for several posts now, trying to demonstrate the legitimacy of the show. If you believe the show was legit, and backed by all those pros, then this assumes you believe Colbert was right.

Yes or no? Do you think Rackstraw was Cooper? 

So what you are saying is that even though all these people were supposedly involved...the best they could do was point the finger at a guy with blue eyes, who was about twenty years YOUNGER than the descriptions given by witnesses to the hijacking? And that now you are convinced beyond a doubt that Rackstraw was Cooper? Sounds like that's what you're telling us here.  

How do you speak for the public when you can't even get things right here? try and stay focused. I, meaning me. never claimed that Rackstraw was Cooper. showing his team does not invite that idea. you still with me? it was a post showing you how many people was on his team. you still there? you claimed in the past, just a few pages back that you have done more than anyone else. the post was a wake up call showing you that you are pretty amature when it comes to organization and capabilities that Tom has over you, and most of us. it had nothing to do with me believing Rackstraw was Cooper. if you followed along I also mentioned that Cooper has not been found yet. 

Getting a movie deal is not going to solve the crime. hard investigative work does the job. it's good to have those things but it's not going to solve the case. how would it be any different than the hundreds of shows about Cooper?