4 4
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)

Eric Ulis - I did look at the video. I was glad to see you haven't fallen for the idea that Cooper was some sort of black-ops thing. However, you have to wonder why the FBI suddenly decided to 'close' the book on the Cooper case, which they usually don't do in unsolved cases. At the same time, they said they would still take a look at any new evidence submitted in the case. 

This is an obvious contradiction. Why would they announce they were closing the case, and then say they would still look at evidence if it were submitted? On top of that, they said they were sending all the evidence and files on the case to Washington DC, allegedly to the Smithsonian. 

There could be a third possibility. For example, that some people in the FBI got wind of the REAL reason for this action of 'closing' the case and doing those other things. As if some people knew the case HAD been solved...but there was no longer a reason to pursue it...because they had pegged the identity of the hijacker somehow, and that hijacker was dead anyway. This is not necessarily a cover up. This is more of a withholding of information, and an unwillingness to spend any further government money on such a situation. 

There is also another fact about this 'closure' of the case. That order did not come from any of the field offices, but was done by someone responsible for that decision at the main HQ for the FBI in Washington, DC. To date, no one in DC has actually taken responsibility on a high level for that decision to close. You should ask yourself who exactly pulled the trigger on that decision, and WHY did they finally do it?

If you believe Special Agent John Jarvis, the 18-year veteran who works in Behavioral Profiling in Quantico, it was because the FBI figured out the identity of Cooper, and they knew that person was dead anyway. His story is supported by US Navy engineer (civilian) Troy Bentz, and two friends of Bentz', who claim that Agent Jarvis iterated that the FBI had ID'd the hijacker. The evidence on this story is strong enough that sometime, somewhere, some ONE is going to have to answer for it...sooner or later. 

BELOW:  Special Agent John Jarvis

johnjarvisFBI.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

"Why would they announce they were closing the case, and then say they would still look at evidence if it were submitted?"

Why?, because the evidence they are looking for doesn't skirt around the fact of real proof. the parachute, money, notes etc. that would link the person to the crime is all they will accept. they grew tired of the same old "he was a skydiver and missing that weekend" the 302's are littered with suspects just like the more popular ones. it got very old I'm sure..

The case is NOT closed. they don't have agents actively working on the case. it's a put up or shut up kind of offer....

(edited)
1 hour ago, mrshutter45 said:

"Why would they announce they were closing the case, and then say they would still look at evidence if it were submitted?"

Why?, because the evidence they are looking for doesn't skirt around the fact of real proof. the parachute, money, notes etc. that would link the person to the crime is all they will accept. they grew tired of the same old "he was a skydiver and missing that weekend" the 302's are littered with suspects just like the more popular ones. it got very old I'm sure..

The case is NOT closed. they don't have agents actively working on the case. it's a put up or shut up kind of offer....

Well, that is possible. At least that's what the only release to the media said. But THAT announcement was made by the Seattle office, and not from DC. The order to supposedly 'cease active investigation and expenditures' was done at a higher level. The rep from Seattle simply parroted the order. And if they are truly looking for more evidence to be submitted...then WHY did they *allegedly* box up all the available evidence and send it off to DC?

Sometimes I get the idea I'm the only one who questions anything around here. Eric does to a certain degree, and Bruce S a bit. Some of you just accept things without questioning them, if it fits your current agenda. Now that's an opinion based on a known fact:

This is that fact:  Some of you out there have PERSONAL agendas going which prevents you from examining anything in a fair light, depending on who is presenting the evidence. This leads down a road going nowhere, and causes people to doubt your sincerity. 

I get a fair amount of email on the Cooper case. Three quarters of them barely know who Cooper was, but they start wondering. I like this because I also like to believe I try to bring interest in Cooper to a newer generation. 

There is going to be a lot of discussion of these issues, and a fair amount of video presented (as well as shot) on the upcoming June 21-24 trip. I've even made the rally point and times public both at Infamous Nissan and at City Data Forum/Portland, so I have no idea what to expect when I get there. Could be a real caravan up out of Estacada into the Mt Hood National Forest. Should be interesting, though. If more than fourteen people show up, we will have to separate the groups a bit, to comply with Forest Service rules for group camping. We will figure it out if and when this happens...somehow. 9_9

Edited by RobertMBlevins

That's nonsense. the fact of a suspect being dead has no bearing on closing a case secretly. I think just about every unsolved case ends up with people trying to link a conspiracy to it to be the main reason it was never solved. 

since nothing can be verified it's only hearsay. nothing more. people try and push it as fact though..

It's very simple to those who don't have suspects or agenda's. the FBI has tried to solve the case for decades. this is a new time and age. no room for an old unsolved hijacking to waste manpower or money on with endless rabbit holes of suspects. as I mentioned before. they drew the line...

Put up or shut up...they just don't want to hear the same old tune anymore...

• Like 1

I also find it amazing that some believe the public is the answer and yet none of them have come forward with a valid suspect. I guess all the witnesses on 305 don't have internet to see the known suspects where they would jump up and say "that's him" dozens of television shows on suspects the witnesses always seem to always miss? 

Jo Weber...Cooper is her husband

Marla Cooper....Cooper was my uncle

RMB....Cooper was Kenny

Tom Colbert.....Cooper was Rackstraw

Bob Sailshaw (R.I.P.)...Cooper was Peterson

McCoy was Cooper

Reca was Cooper......

I guess I'm probably wrong about the FBI tiring of the same old, same old...

Yes, the announcement was in Seattle that came down from DC...no conspiracy there either..

(edited)
24 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

That's nonsense. the fact of a suspect being dead has no bearing on closing a case secretly. I think just about every unsolved case ends up with people trying to link a conspiracy to it to be the main reason it was never solved. 

since nothing can be verified it's only hearsay. nothing more. people try and push it as fact though..

It's very simple to those who don't have suspects or agenda's. the FBI has tried to solve the case for decades. this is a new time and age. no room for an old unsolved hijacking to waste manpower or money on with endless rabbit holes of suspects. as I mentioned before. they drew the line...

Put up or shut up...they just don't want to hear the same old tune anymore...

Well, I guess I have 'put up' on the Cooper case over the last few years. Probably better than anyone else to date. There are the fifty-plus illustrated articles at WordPress, the ten videos at YouTube with total views around 100,000, and recruiting about 750 followers to the Cooper Space at Quora to date. 

I dunno. I never said I had the case 100% solved. However, I do try to cover virtually every angle of it when I can, and do the Cooper Campouts with the public about three times a year. I don't shutter out the public, if you will excuse the pun. xD

Yes. I would call that 'putting up'. What have you done lately?  Any negative stuff doesn't count. Only the positive or the publicly-informative, public-interaction stuff counts. 

EDIT: I also believe you have to have a little fun once in a while doing these explorations, discussions, whatever you call them. Otherwise you will either become obsessed, isolated, or crazy. *Sucked down the Vortex* as they say. I have managed to avoid those things. So far. Sometimes I take the whole thing seriously, sometimes I just kick back in the woods with companions and new friends...and just shoot the shit about the case. Sometimes we even laugh about the whole thing. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Robert, you are NO different than the others....at all.

Lady and Gents:

Hope you're all revving up the BBQ or joining family/friends today. It's beautiful in Los Angeles (after yesterday's rains).

This holiday always leaves me grateful to those who have helped serve the public. Whether on the battlefield, from a squad car, in a classroom, in a courtroom -- or even while working a stubborn cold case for justice -- thank you.

You folks have been so generous and patient during my years on the Cooper learning curve. In that regard, I wanted to alert you to a long-form investigative article that's coming (5-7000 words) in the next month or two, focused on Rackstraw's Cooper and CIA connections. This journalist has been digging up details and FOIA records for four months now -- details my (now disbanded) team missed.

He asked me for all nine press-release summaries -- I've decided to post them for all, including Forum members, up at the "Smoking Gun" section of our website homepage. I suggest you particularly scrutinize the back pages on the 2/1/18 news release:  https://dbcooper.com/2018/09/press-release-smoking-gun-robert-w-rackstraw-sr/

I also suggest you read the short new summary, posted below the video link, here: https://dbcooper.com/2018/02/new-documentary-pitch/  

With hat in hand and all due respect, I just want you all to be prepared for the inevitable conclusions that are coming.

Comments always welcome. Until then, all my best.

God bless,

Tom
Edited by mrshutter45

Yes. I would call that 'putting up'. What have you done lately?  Any negative stuff doesn't count. Only the positive or the publicly-informative, public-interaction stuff counts.

I don't steal idea's from others for one. can you say that? 

I research the case. I have no desire to prove anything to anyone. that question is not valid..

(edited)

Be realistic, Shutter. If you, me, or ANYONE could 100% prove who Cooper actually was, we wouldn't be here now, would we? 

I don't feel the need anymore to 'prove' who Cooper was. I've pretty much released everything I have available on that issue. There is a literal TON of it out there. I see my present role more as public interaction, with efforts to educate the public on the case. Or to host events where real people get to have fun and meet other (sometimes young and new) fans of the case. 

Basically, our active investigation on KC is closed, except (like the FBI) something new happens to come in. 

You've probably noticed I don't talk about KC much here anymore. It's like preaching to the choir. If folks want to know what the deal is on him, they know where to look. The info is out there. I say let these people decide for themselves what is what, without me pushing them from behind. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
2 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, you are NO different than the others....at all.

Lady and Gents:

Hope you're all revving up the BBQ or joining family/friends today. It's beautiful in Los Angeles (after yesterday's rains).

This holiday always leaves me grateful to those who have helped serve the public. Whether on the battlefield, from a squad car, in a classroom, in a courtroom -- or even while working a stubborn cold case for justice -- thank you.

You folks have been so generous and patient during my years on the Cooper learning curve. In that regard, I wanted to alert you to a long-form investigative article that's coming (5-7000 words) in the next month or two, focused on Rackstraw's Cooper and CIA connections. This journalist has been digging up details and FOIA records for four months now -- details my (now disbanded) team missed.

He asked me for all nine press-release summaries -- I've decided to post them for all, including Forum members, up at the "Smoking Gun" section of our website homepage. I suggest you particularly scrutinize the back pages on the 2/1/18 news release:  https://dbcooper.com/2018/09/press-release-smoking-gun-robert-w-rackstraw-sr/

I also suggest you read the short new summary, posted below the video link, here: https://dbcooper.com/2018/02/new-documentary-pitch/  

With hat in hand and all due respect, I just want you all to be prepared for the inevitable conclusions that are coming.

Comments always welcome. Until then, all my best.

God bless,

Tom

Well, I can assure you I don't release the type of things Tom does. And although I don't believe Rackstraw was the guy, I pretty much leave Tom alone. Maybe a couple of comments a year or so back, and I thought the TV show ('DB Cooper - Case Closed?') was ridiculous. One of the main guys on Tom's show, Billy Jensen the NYT reporter, told me in emails he wanted nothing to do with Tom's investigation, and privately expressed doubts that Rackstraw was the hijacker...while the show was in production. I can show you the emails, but only privately. Mucklow was shown a video of Rackstraw speaking, and a still photo. She blew off both of them and then Tom's team said maybe she was forgetful in her old(er) age. Figures. 

I no longer focus much on Christiansen. It is what it is. The docs, the downloads, the videos, the WordPress articles speak for themselves. I just don't have anything more to add to them. The investigation into Kenny, barring anything new coming in, is basically over. 

These days I focus more on the public interaction stuff. Trying to recruit a new generation of fans to the case. Trying to help organize public events that actually bring people to the door. Unfortunately, now you are all stuck with whatever Eric can come up with this year. That's okay...and he might still might have success...we will see. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and November 21 is less than six months from now.  

After my efforts on the supposed November 2019 event were bypassed, and the people I had scheduled to appear bailed when they found out how I was treated, I started concentrating on the Cooper Campouts. Those have been a big hit. All got full attendance and it was Party Time Galore on each one. It was only the one we held in March of this year that didn't get full attendance, and that was due to the snowstorm in Seattle, and the fact I had to keep changing the damn date. I've decided these events were more fun than another convention anyway. I will leave that to Cooperland folks. Cooperland does their thing, we do ours as they say. 

THIS time, I had the audacity to announce publicly the time and date and the location of the rally point, something I have never done before. It's kind of scary, too. I have no idea how many people, or WHO will show up early in the morning at the Get and Go in Estacada. LOL...nothing like a blind invitation. We have eight people certified to go so far. The rest, I have no idea. 

But doing this type of thing is much more fun and exciting than arguing about the case. I can't believe we're bringing the media projector and the ten-foot movie screen, though. That might have been a bit much. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Typical child like response. how do you really think this goes over in the Cooper community. do you really think you scored points here? why would this even bother you? another poster jealous of the attention Tom gets? he's done more than you ever will. you get kicked off of every Cooper site known. 

I'll send someone over to change your diaper. it's got you in a bunch :) 

(edited)
48 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Typical child like response. how do you really think this goes over in the Cooper community. do you really think you scored points here? why would this even bother you? another poster jealous of the attention Tom gets? he's done more than you ever will. you get kicked off of every Cooper site known. 

I'll send someone over to change your diaper. it's got you in a bunch :) 

I don't agree with the guy here who keeps posting up under new accounts, and keeps getting banned. Yes, in my humble opinion it is childish. I already challenged him to send in his three minute video on his suspect for the Suspects Video I plan to do later this summer. 

On the other hand, I wouldn't call Tom's contributions to the case any great shakes either. He foolishly blew off the best chance in history to eliminate suspects, because he got greedy and bet everything on Rackstraw. 

How? He showed Mucklow a six picture presentation of suspects. One of them was Rackstraw. The other five were just anonymous people who had nothing to do with the case. 

Why? Because he had a book coming out the following day at Amazon after the History Channel show, and by adding pictures of known suspects, he would have been taking a chance he was wrong. Then Mucklow blew him off completely and he got upset about it. 

If he had been smart, he would have presented a collage to Mucklow (for the final interview she was EVER going to do for ANYBODY) that included ALL the main suspects. That way, if she finally identifies one of them as Cooper, at least he could have taken credit for solving the case. But he got greedy...and he got burned. 

Is it always left to me to bring these things up, which seem obvious? The public is no longer buying into the idea of Cooper Royalty, or even Cooperland in general. What they want is transparency and a lack of baloney, something they haven't been getting for a while now. 

Cooper Royalty is a myth invented by a small group of people who spend the majority of their time back-slapping themselves and telling each other how right they are about everything, and how everyone else is full of it. It worked for a while. Now people aren't interested. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

8 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I also believe you have to have a little fun once in a while...  Sometimes we even laugh about the whole thing. 

I tried to make a joke the other day and got 'serious' responses from the two people I referenced and was hoping to get a chuckle from.

9 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

I guess all the witnesses on 305 don't have internet to see the known suspects where they would jump up and say "that's him" dozens of television shows on suspects the witnesses always seem to always miss? 

It's entirely possible that NONE of the usual suspects are the real Cooper.

9 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

I also find it amazing that some believe the public is the answer and yet none of them have come forward with a valid suspect.

It's also entirely possible that there are people who do know who the real Cooper is, and they just aren't talking.

You could be right. Who knows? All I know is that sometimes I need a vacation, and that it's easier to discuss Cooper when you do that. 

Tom E. and I have changed the parameters for the Cooper Campout in June. We have a few people committed to go. On the other hand, I went public at Facebook, Twitter, City Data Forum, and a bunch of places on the internet stating our rally spot in Estacada, OR, as well as the time. Never done that before on the previous meetups. 

So...Tom (not THAT Tom, a guy I camp with from Infamous Nissan website) said we might not know who will show up between 5-6 AM at the Get and Go in Estacada on the morning of June 21. This situation is my fault, because I went public with the map, the times, the location. Tom and I both worried about that a bit. 

Then I pointed out to him that no one knows where we are going AFTER we leave the Get and Go, and we can screen people a bit right in the parking lot. 

I also said that anyone crazy enough to show up in a parking lot at a mini mart in Estacada at 5:00 AM in the morning, with full camping gear, was probably okay anyway. A leap of faith, as it were. 

Then we decided that at 6:01 AM, we were heading out and anyone late, or who didn't contact us first, was deserving of being left behind. This, I said, was how we separate the wheat from the chaff. Because once we pull out from the parking lot, no one will know where exactly we're going. 

It's possible someone knows who Cooper is or was. my point was that the passengers or crew have never said anything when it comes to the known suspects shown over the years on the internet or television shows surrounding Cooper. Tina Mucklow, the main witness was on a show several years ago and said no to Rackstraw by hearing audio from Rackstraw and looking at photo's. on the table in front of her were pictures of other known suspects that were also included in the show. none have ever come forward saying one of them is Cooper. America's Most Wanted caught dozens this way. It makes it a lot easier when the suspect is dead and can't speak. nobody can say for certain whether or not Cooper survived to begin with. I don't believe we are any closer to finding Cooper then we were in 1971. 

I don't think the passengers are of any value today. they had to recall Cooper after the fact in 1971. I think they could sit next to Cooper and not even know it. The stews are the key. close only counts in horseshoe's and hand grenades. 

Cooper blended right in with everyone. some claim he could of been identified on other flights that day? I see two Cooper's in the photo below. take off the overcoat and tie and he blends in further. nothing about Cooper stuck out to raise any flags..

united 727 rear door open passengers.jpg

6 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Yeah, I know. I still challenged him to stop spamming and just get behind the camera, send in his suspect video. 

Maybe he will come off better in person. B| 

I don't see the point in taking idea's from others. would someone top you having two more people on a camping trip? I think it was more of a gesture that you took from Eric and feel you have to prove something with? anyway you look at it, it's wrong. that's my opinion. 

Derek will never come off as a better person. personalities don't change over night. he has years to go before he grows up. 

2 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

I don't see the point in taking idea's from others. would someone top you having two more people on a camping trip? I think it was more of a gesture that you took from Eric and feel you have to prove something with? anyway you look at it, it's wrong. that's my opinion. 

Derek will never come off as a better person. personalities don't change over night. he has years to go before he grows up. 

I just figured I might be able to do a better job, if you are talking about creating a video with people presenting suspects. And it might get better traffic. I wouldn't worry. Probably won't get any videos sent to me anyway. B|

(edited)

Shutter - 

Someone posted a while back that Tina had actually identified a picture of LD Cooper as the hijacker. I don't remember who posted that and if it was at your site or maybe on Bruces. Seems like it may have been Nicky. Do you recall who posted that or where they got that info? I'm sure it was all bs, but I remembered someone saying something along those lines.

Edited by ParrotheadVol

2 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Shutter - 

Someone posted a while back that Tina had actually identified a picture of LD Cooper as the hijacker. I don't remember who posted that and if it was at your site or maybe on Bruces. Seems like it may have been Nicky. Do you recall who posted that or where they got that info? I'm sure it was all bs, but I remembered someone saying something along those lines.

I don't recall anything like that? if it was Nicky, it's not to be trusted or factual data. 

(edited)
13 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

I don't recall anything like that? if it was Nicky, it's not to be trusted or factual data. 

It wasn't Nicky. And a lot of the stuff on Bruce's site isn't to be trusted either. There are a lot of people posting there under false identities and phony emails. Can't trust that stuff. Can't verify the source. 

Hell, at least when I went back door for a while on Bruce, I told people who I was. B| But you need a scorecard over there to keep track of the false identities and anonymity. Believe it or not, I actually trust Shutter's place a lot more. 

EDIT: In other news, it took me most of the day to sort out all the gear for the Oregon trip, both in my office and down in the garage. I'm starting to think I've gone a bit too far with the all the gear I drag along, but no one has complained yet. I hope I don't run out of gas before June 21. For the last eight weekends straight, I have been working for the senior lady up near Sea Tac Airport..both Saturdays AND Sundays. I am damn near played out. Fortunately last weekend was the LAST one. I am helping move her out from her apartment to a nice assisted living apartment, and that happens tomorrow morning. After that, she will probably just have me take her away from that place maybe once or twice a month. The job pays very well, but I am also running out of gas, as they say. 

Known this lady for nine years, and finally...at age 84...she can no longer live by herself. (two minor strokes recently) She is a 1956 UW grad, Masters in English...worked as a waitress and for US Forest Service summers to pay for schooling, spent her whole career as a librarian for the US Air Force, civil service. She's worked with the USAF everywhere except Antarctica. I know that's no big deal to anyone except me, but I feel fortunate to have known this lady. She's a class act for sure. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins
Dates corrected