4 4
quade

DB Cooper

Ever since Flyjack's amazing revelation that airstairs operating instruction placards for 727's were sometimes found on the OUTSIDE of the aircraft, I have given up on the subject. 

When I tried to bring it back up, Joan Crawford came into my room and set me straight. 9_9

NoPlacard.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

6 hours ago, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss the psychological profile of DB Cooper.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DBCooperChannel

I'm going to take a guess and say your psychological profile fits Sheridan Peterson perfectly.  Am I right? I've seen a few of these bytes, and there is some interesting material in a few, but other times it's like listening to a used car salesman or a TV infomercial.

Eric means well. He just isn't reaching enough people with the videos. Not yet, anyway. Most have less than a hundred views at YouTube, which means he is mainly preaching to the choir. It's the public you want to reach with those videos. He should join the Contributor List at our Quora Space on Cooper. Views showing to the articles and videos there are only the ones where people who got the automatic email actually WENT to Quora to view the article or video. Most just read or view the material in their email, or go directly to YouTube, or if it is a WordPress or other media article, to the source.

It works. Just ask Darren at the Cooper Vortex. Every time he posts up another podcast and links it at Quora, he gets a couple of hundred downloads almost right away. 

I do the same thing to any article I post to my WordPress on the Cooper case, which is to enable it to the Cooper Space's 700+ followers. Pretty soon they are linking any new content up elsewhere on their own, and the article gets a couple of thousand views in short order. It's all SEO stuff and reaching a greater number of people with your work. Numbers count. For my personal stuff at Quora, I have about 365 followers currently. 

Quora also does another cute thing. Once in a while, a Quora staff member will send your video, outside article, or answer to a posed question, out to between 5,000-10,000 OTHER Quora users, people NOT following the Cooper Space, or my personal stuff there. The program to establish Quora spaces was initiated last year by staff invitation only. It's been a big hit. My personal views to questions I have answered (Quora is a Q and A website) as well as the Cooper Space I run there...reached almost a million and a half views in the last year or so. That's more than a lot of websites get, even if they have multiple contributors. 

Hard to believe? So far just this month, almost 70,000 views (combined) to my answers and material at the Quora DB Cooper Space, and my personal answers to other questions posed by Quora members. I've been told by some prominent folk in Cooperland that 'no one listens to me'. They haven't a clue what's actually going on. B| See the PROFILE. 

EDIT: What I'm trying to hint to some of you is that there ARE ways to get the public to view your Cooper Stuff. But you have to start working with people to accomplish both THAT, and to interest the public enough to make any Cooper events a success. Until some people learn the value of cooperation, their Cooper efforts will either result in failure, or only reach the same people who've heard all the stories before. You might be satisfied with that, but I am NOT. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

7 hours ago, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss DB Cooper suspect Robert Rackstraw.

Cool.  Do one on Ed Edwards.

Pros:

• Was in the hospital in late 1971/early 1972 with a broken back & neck from "falling down a flight of stairs"
  • Published autobiography with depiction of himself in a suit with a briefcase in 1972
  • Prime suspect in 1960 Thanksgiving double murder in Portland, OR where he escaped jail to avoid questioning, placing him on the FBI 10 most wanted list. (Peyton-Allan Files, Phil Stanford)

Cons:

• John Cameron (primary investigator on this case) has attributed dozens of high profile crimes to him including the Zodiac killer, JonBenet Ramsey, & Black Dahlia
  • Died in 2010 at the age of 72 without confessing after being convicted to life in prison
  • Was a family man with 3 children at time of skyjack

MOAC.jpg

stairs.jpg

wanted.jpg

It's a small point, I know. But I have always figured there were only four ways that Cooper got to the Portland Airport. 

1) He took public transportation, i.e. a bus. 

2) He took a cab. 

3) He was dropped off by someone else. 

4) He flew in from somewhere else and when he got there, he went to the NWA counter to buy a ticket to Seattle. 

Here's my amateur analysis on those scenarios:

Public transportation (bus) or a cab:  This is likely ONLY if Cooper lived in the Portland metro area. If he came from outside the Portland metro area, then where is the car that would have taken him TO Portland in the first place? Also, if he took a cab or bus, it is likely (but not certain) that someone, somewhere, would have stepped forward and said they saw him on one of those methods of transport, especially a cabbie. Same thing applies if he took a bus (such as a Greyhound) TO Portland from another city. Someone would have seen him. 

He flew in from somewhere else:  In my humble opinion, this is very unlikely, and for the same reason as the one I just mentioned above. Someone would have seen him, remembered him, etc. But no one has ever stepped forward saying they saw a guy who looked like Cooper on a bus, in a cab, or on an arriving flight to Portland. 

He was dropped off by someone else:  In my opinion, (again) THIS is the most likely scenario, considering the lack of a single witness to any of the other methods of arriving at the Portland Airport. Too bad they didn't have security cameras recording everything at the drop off lanes back then. The cops would have just reviewed the footage and identified the car that dropped him off. 

Here's another thing you may not have considered. It was either Flo Schaffner or Alice Hancock who had the best opportunities to identify the hijacker, and the time to do it would have been while they were circling Seattle. How? One of the stews should have inquired quietly among the First Class passengers asking if any of them had a small camera. Then...one of them peeks through a tiny gap in the First Class curtain, waits until Cooper is not watching the curtain, and snaps a few quick photos without flash. Bonus points awarded if this stew waits until Cooper stands up to use the bathroom. At least they would have had SOME pictures to work with later. 

But no one thought of that...B|

EDIT: Got up early this morning and had an interesting question in email about my position regarding the Cooper case in general. It was a hard question, even for me. The only way to answer I could think of was to link them to the famous song by Tom Petty from Full Moon Fever. That's pretty much it. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

8 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Hahneman flew via air taxi from New Jersey to Allentown, stayed in a hotel for 3 days using a false name then took a cab to the airport to hijack a 727 for ransom..

Yeah, but Hahneman was pretty foolish and somewhat careless. He came into contact with hotel staff several times and was easily identified by the FBI shortly after the hijacking. 

And he was caught, and all the money recovered. Cooper's money still remains the ONLY unaccounted-for money paid out for a hijacking, at least from the date of Hahneman's crime and prior. And Cooper was never identified or caught, not officially anyway. 

17 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Yeah, but Hahneman was pretty foolish and somewhat careless. He came into contact with hotel staff several times and was easily identified by the FBI shortly after the hijacking. 

And he was caught, and all the money recovered. Cooper's money still remains the ONLY unaccounted-for money paid out for a hijacking, at least from the date of Hahneman's crime and prior. And Cooper was never identified or caught, not officially anyway. 

Not exactly, Hahneman was identified because somebody, possibly a relative tipped off the FBI. The FBI didn't actually ID him. Once identified he turned himself in. He was actually home free in Honduras, he could have stayed there with no extradition even if identified but he voluntarily returned to the US. 

He got away with it but returned to protect his cousin...

BTW, The pilot positively Id'd Richard Cain as the hijacker... he wasn't.

Richard Cain (October 4, 1931 – December 20, 1973), also known as Richard Scalzitti, was a notoriously corrupt Chicago police officer and a close associate of Mafia boss Sam Giancana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Cain

Edited by FLYJACK

Here we go...........................

Aviation Week Dec 6, 1965 ran an article on a 727 prototype testing for the military (727M)... including a ventral drop test. 

"Air drop tests with the 727 prototype indicate that loads up to 30 x 55 x 135 in could be dropped through the rear stairwell"

727mdroptest.jpeg

Also mentioned in Flight Global March 4, 1965

727mdroptestflightglobal.jpeg.8071fa66dcf25ad4cb03c6010408e9f2.jpeg

727ma.jpeg.fbe860b2da16e7e196f5ff212dba5f97.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

I have to admit the idea of Boeing converting a 727 over to an anti-submarine jet is entertaining. You can see the sub captain watching the 727 fly past and looking through his binoculars:

"Don't worry. It's just one of those Boeing passenger jets. We stay on the surface..."
(Crew waves at jet just as a fighter screams down and puts a missile down their periscope) 9_9

Video taken when I went to the Seattle FBI to deliver the 73-page report on Christiansen, and some other evidence. I decided to go by bus, even though I had a truck. Made doing the video much easier. (Public version of report is 20 pages less, since it contains material exclusive to AB of Seattle and two film companies in LA.) The FBI agent I spoke to told me that due to post-911 security rules, I would have to MAIL in the files, and although he did take a look at them, he said they were not allowed to accept them directly, but would have to go through normal security. Okay. So...I stopped at a mailing service on the way home and got the materials off to them. They were sent registered mail and I verified they received them. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

It's probably coincidence of course, but it was almost exactly a year after I delivered those materials to the Seattle FBI when they finally closed the case. A month after that, Special Agent John Jarvis indicated the reason the case was closed was because the FBI knew the hijacker was dead, and he confirmed (not once, but TWICE) to three people he trusted that the hijacker was Christiansen. All the details on that are in the WordPress article I mentioned a page or two back. 

I made that video you just watched about four years ago. I only watched it myself once until today. It occurred to me that perhaps the reason Agent Jarvis' revelations might be true is because the FBI may have matched one of the fingerprints on the photo album sheets to Cooper. The Seattle FBI didn't really care about Lyle's DNA sample. They said they weren't going to run it anyway, due to budget excuses. But they did ask for more of the album sheets, which we sent to them later.

Just saying. 

Update on the Cooper Campout scheduled for June 21-24 in Oregon. Everyone involved (so far) has decided to move the gathering closer to Estacada, Oregon in the Mt. Hood National Forest. This was done to make it a shorter drive for the folks wanting to attend from Washington state. Previously, we were holding it about 25 miles SE of Eugene. All new info on that will show at the Infamous Nissan website when ready. Frankly, we're doing a lot of communication via private message over there. Or email with participants directly with AB of Seattle. It's not a big secret, but as the date gets closer and we know who is actually committed to coming, we also tend to go a bit more non-public on it. Frankly, anyone not slated to attend doesn't need to know everything. If they wanted to know everything, they would sign up to go, right? No worries. Video and pictures will be done onsite and made public after the event. 

This will be our biggest Cooper Campout yet. Of that I am absolutely sure. Yeah, it's exciting. B|