4 4
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)

Ever since Flyjack's amazing revelation that airstairs operating instruction placards for 727's were sometimes found on the OUTSIDE of the aircraft, I have given up on the subject. 

When I tried to bring it back up, Joan Crawford came into my room and set me straight. 9_9

NoPlacard.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

6 hours ago, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss the psychological profile of DB Cooper.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DBCooperChannel

I'm going to take a guess and say your psychological profile fits Sheridan Peterson perfectly.  Am I right? I've seen a few of these bytes, and there is some interesting material in a few, but other times it's like listening to a used car salesman or a TV infomercial.

(edited)

Eric means well. He just isn't reaching enough people with the videos. Not yet, anyway. Most have less than a hundred views at YouTube, which means he is mainly preaching to the choir. It's the public you want to reach with those videos. He should join the Contributor List at our Quora Space on Cooper. Views showing to the articles and videos there are only the ones where people who got the automatic email actually WENT to Quora to view the article or video. Most just read or view the material in their email, or go directly to YouTube, or if it is a WordPress or other media article, to the source.

It works. Just ask Darren at the Cooper Vortex. Every time he posts up another podcast and links it at Quora, he gets a couple of hundred downloads almost right away. 

I do the same thing to any article I post to my WordPress on the Cooper case, which is to enable it to the Cooper Space's 700+ followers. Pretty soon they are linking any new content up elsewhere on their own, and the article gets a couple of thousand views in short order. It's all SEO stuff and reaching a greater number of people with your work. Numbers count. For my personal stuff at Quora, I have about 365 followers currently. 

Quora also does another cute thing. Once in a while, a Quora staff member will send your video, outside article, or answer to a posed question, out to between 5,000-10,000 OTHER Quora users, people NOT following the Cooper Space, or my personal stuff there. The program to establish Quora spaces was initiated last year by staff invitation only. It's been a big hit. My personal views to questions I have answered (Quora is a Q and A website) as well as the Cooper Space I run there...reached almost a million and a half views in the last year or so. That's more than a lot of websites get, even if they have multiple contributors. 

Hard to believe? So far just this month, almost 70,000 views (combined) to my answers and material at the Quora DB Cooper Space, and my personal answers to other questions posed by Quora members. I've been told by some prominent folk in Cooperland that 'no one listens to me'. They haven't a clue what's actually going on. B| See the PROFILE. 

EDIT: What I'm trying to hint to some of you is that there ARE ways to get the public to view your Cooper Stuff. But you have to start working with people to accomplish both THAT, and to interest the public enough to make any Cooper events a success. Until some people learn the value of cooperation, their Cooper efforts will either result in failure, or only reach the same people who've heard all the stories before. You might be satisfied with that, but I am NOT. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

7 hours ago, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss DB Cooper suspect Robert Rackstraw.

Cool.  Do one on Ed Edwards.

Pros:

• Was in the hospital in late 1971/early 1972 with a broken back & neck from "falling down a flight of stairs"
  • Published autobiography with depiction of himself in a suit with a briefcase in 1972
  • Prime suspect in 1960 Thanksgiving double murder in Portland, OR where he escaped jail to avoid questioning, placing him on the FBI 10 most wanted list. (Peyton-Allan Files, Phil Stanford)

Cons:

• John Cameron (primary investigator on this case) has attributed dozens of high profile crimes to him including the Zodiac killer, JonBenet Ramsey, & Black Dahlia
  • Died in 2010 at the age of 72 without confessing after being convicted to life in prison
  • Was a family man with 3 children at time of skyjack

MOAC.jpg

stairs.jpg

wanted.jpg

(edited)

It's a small point, I know. But I have always figured there were only four ways that Cooper got to the Portland Airport. 

1) He took public transportation, i.e. a bus. 

2) He took a cab. 

3) He was dropped off by someone else. 

4) He flew in from somewhere else and when he got there, he went to the NWA counter to buy a ticket to Seattle. 

Here's my amateur analysis on those scenarios:

Public transportation (bus) or a cab:  This is likely ONLY if Cooper lived in the Portland metro area. If he came from outside the Portland metro area, then where is the car that would have taken him TO Portland in the first place? Also, if he took a cab or bus, it is likely (but not certain) that someone, somewhere, would have stepped forward and said they saw him on one of those methods of transport, especially a cabbie. Same thing applies if he took a bus (such as a Greyhound) TO Portland from another city. Someone would have seen him. 

He flew in from somewhere else:  In my humble opinion, this is very unlikely, and for the same reason as the one I just mentioned above. Someone would have seen him, remembered him, etc. But no one has ever stepped forward saying they saw a guy who looked like Cooper on a bus, in a cab, or on an arriving flight to Portland. 

He was dropped off by someone else:  In my opinion, (again) THIS is the most likely scenario, considering the lack of a single witness to any of the other methods of arriving at the Portland Airport. Too bad they didn't have security cameras recording everything at the drop off lanes back then. The cops would have just reviewed the footage and identified the car that dropped him off. 

Here's another thing you may not have considered. It was either Flo Schaffner or Alice Hancock who had the best opportunities to identify the hijacker, and the time to do it would have been while they were circling Seattle. How? One of the stews should have inquired quietly among the First Class passengers asking if any of them had a small camera. Then...one of them peeks through a tiny gap in the First Class curtain, waits until Cooper is not watching the curtain, and snaps a few quick photos without flash. Bonus points awarded if this stew waits until Cooper stands up to use the bathroom. At least they would have had SOME pictures to work with later. 

But no one thought of that...B|

EDIT: Got up early this morning and had an interesting question in email about my position regarding the Cooper case in general. It was a hard question, even for me. The only way to answer I could think of was to link them to the famous song by Tom Petty from Full Moon Fever. That's pretty much it. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

8 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Hahneman flew via air taxi from New Jersey to Allentown, stayed in a hotel for 3 days using a false name then took a cab to the airport to hijack a 727 for ransom..

Yeah, but Hahneman was pretty foolish and somewhat careless. He came into contact with hotel staff several times and was easily identified by the FBI shortly after the hijacking. 

And he was caught, and all the money recovered. Cooper's money still remains the ONLY unaccounted-for money paid out for a hijacking, at least from the date of Hahneman's crime and prior. And Cooper was never identified or caught, not officially anyway. 

(edited)
17 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Yeah, but Hahneman was pretty foolish and somewhat careless. He came into contact with hotel staff several times and was easily identified by the FBI shortly after the hijacking. 

And he was caught, and all the money recovered. Cooper's money still remains the ONLY unaccounted-for money paid out for a hijacking, at least from the date of Hahneman's crime and prior. And Cooper was never identified or caught, not officially anyway. 

Not exactly, Hahneman was identified because somebody, possibly a relative tipped off the FBI. The FBI didn't actually ID him. Once identified he turned himself in. He was actually home free in Honduras, he could have stayed there with no extradition even if identified but he voluntarily returned to the US. 

He got away with it but returned to protect his cousin...

BTW, The pilot positively Id'd Richard Cain as the hijacker... he wasn't.

Richard Cain (October 4, 1931 – December 20, 1973), also known as Richard Scalzitti, was a notoriously corrupt Chicago police officer and a close associate of Mafia boss Sam Giancana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Cain

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Here we go...........................

Aviation Week Dec 6, 1965 ran an article on a 727 prototype testing for the military (727M)... including a ventral drop test. 

"Air drop tests with the 727 prototype indicate that loads up to 30 x 55 x 135 in could be dropped through the rear stairwell"

727mdroptest.jpeg

Also mentioned in Flight Global March 4, 1965

727mdroptestflightglobal.jpeg.8071fa66dcf25ad4cb03c6010408e9f2.jpeg

727ma.jpeg.fbe860b2da16e7e196f5ff212dba5f97.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

I have to admit the idea of Boeing converting a 727 over to an anti-submarine jet is entertaining. You can see the sub captain watching the 727 fly past and looking through his binoculars:

"Don't worry. It's just one of those Boeing passenger jets. We stay on the surface..."
(Crew waves at jet just as a fighter screams down and puts a missile down their periscope) 9_9

Video taken when I went to the Seattle FBI to deliver the 73-page report on Christiansen, and some other evidence. I decided to go by bus, even though I had a truck. Made doing the video much easier. (Public version of report is 20 pages less, since it contains material exclusive to AB of Seattle and two film companies in LA.) The FBI agent I spoke to told me that due to post-911 security rules, I would have to MAIL in the files, and although he did take a look at them, he said they were not allowed to accept them directly, but would have to go through normal security. Okay. So...I stopped at a mailing service on the way home and got the materials off to them. They were sent registered mail and I verified they received them. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

It's probably coincidence of course, but it was almost exactly a year after I delivered those materials to the Seattle FBI when they finally closed the case. A month after that, Special Agent John Jarvis indicated the reason the case was closed was because the FBI knew the hijacker was dead, and he confirmed (not once, but TWICE) to three people he trusted that the hijacker was Christiansen. All the details on that are in the WordPress article I mentioned a page or two back. 

I made that video you just watched about four years ago. I only watched it myself once until today. It occurred to me that perhaps the reason Agent Jarvis' revelations might be true is because the FBI may have matched one of the fingerprints on the photo album sheets to Cooper. The Seattle FBI didn't really care about Lyle's DNA sample. They said they weren't going to run it anyway, due to budget excuses. But they did ask for more of the album sheets, which we sent to them later.

Just saying. 

Update on the Cooper Campout scheduled for June 21-24 in Oregon. Everyone involved (so far) has decided to move the gathering closer to Estacada, Oregon in the Mt. Hood National Forest. This was done to make it a shorter drive for the folks wanting to attend from Washington state. Previously, we were holding it about 25 miles SE of Eugene. All new info on that will show at the Infamous Nissan website when ready. Frankly, we're doing a lot of communication via private message over there. Or email with participants directly with AB of Seattle. It's not a big secret, but as the date gets closer and we know who is actually committed to coming, we also tend to go a bit more non-public on it. Frankly, anyone not slated to attend doesn't need to know everything. If they wanted to know everything, they would sign up to go, right? No worries. Video and pictures will be done onsite and made public after the event. 

This will be our biggest Cooper Campout yet. Of that I am absolutely sure. Yeah, it's exciting. B| 

EU: You think Cooper FLEW into the Portland Airport? Do you realize HOW many potential witnesses that entails? Let me list a few:

• Stewardesses on the flight, who notice everything and everybody. 
  • The ticket agent who sold him the ticket to GO to Portland. 
  • Other passengers. 

Not a single person in more than 45 years has EVER come forward to even venture a 'maybe I saw the guy in the sketch on this flight...or at THIS OTHER airport...or boarding...or waiting at the gate. 

I can tell you aren't from the Great Northwest. The TV news has posted his sketch and done Cooper stories with that sketch ever since...for more than 45 years. Cooper almost certainly went to the Portland Airport in the most common method. 

Someone just dropped him off out front. That's why he went 'unnoticed'. Your attempt to say Cooper flew in from somewhere else is done simply because you have a document out there alleging Sheridan Petersen as the hijacker, and you had to explain how he got from Nepal to Portland. If Cooper had actually been foolish enough to fly in from somewhere else, he probably would have been identified by now. 

In addition...he had no luggage except a briefcase with a (probably) phony bomb, and a lousy paper bag. 

7 hours ago, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss DB Cooper's ability to move around unnoticed.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DBCooperChannel

I looked at your site coopercase.com and I am now seeing what others have said, that all you are doing is setting up Sheridan Peterson as DB Cooper, and it looks as if the reason is that you are writing a book.  If this is the case, you have stated that you investigated this case for 10 years.  If you do publish, people may want to see proof of your research, especially given that there have been others who discussed Peterson before you.  Do you have proof of any research from ten years ago.  I can find nothing online that shows you in any articles, any chat rooms, Facebook, anywhere.  Am I wrong? Saying you've been investigation for 10 years could come across as an exaggeration and raise some questions about your credibility. 

On 5/18/2019 at 2:45 AM, RobertMBlevins said:

It's probably coincidence of course, but it was almost exactly a year after I delivered those materials to the Seattle FBI when they finally closed the case.

They closed the case less than a month after I sent them the tips on Edwards.

assisadragoncard.gif

2 hours ago, JJG78 said:

I looked at your site coopercase.com and I am now seeing what others have said, that all you are doing is setting up Sheridan Peterson as DB Cooper, and it looks as if the reason is that you are writing a book.  If this is the case, you have stated that you investigated this case for 10 years.  If you do publish, people may want to see proof of your research, especially given that there have been others who discussed Peterson before you.  Do you have proof of any research from ten years ago.  I can find nothing online that shows you in any articles, any chat rooms, Facebook, anywhere.  Am I wrong? Saying you've been investigation for 10 years could come across as an exaggeration and raise some questions about your credibility. 

Eric believes Cooper was Sheridan Peterson, he doesn't match. 

The ONLY known suspect that matches the description of Cooper is Hahneman. Honduran mother, German father.

Cooper was olive, swarthy and latin in appearance, characteristics and descent, also described as possible Mexican or American-Indian.

and don't give me the suntan in late November nonsense.

FBI PART 11 P 1922

FOLLOWING COMPOSITE TAKEN FROM INTERVIEWS OF WITNESSES WHO WERE IN A POSITION TO SEE UNSUB.

RACE, WHITE; SEX, MALE; AGE, MID FORTY'S; FIVE FT TEN TO SIX FT . , ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY TO ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY POUNDS, AVERAGE TO WELL BUILT, OLIVE COMPLEXION, LATIN APPEARANCE, MEDIUM SMOOTH COMPLEXION, DARK BROWN OR BLACK HAIR, NORMAL STYLE, PARTED ON LEFT, COMBED BACK; SIDEBURNS, LOW EAR LEVEL; EYES, POSSIBLY BROWN, 

FBI PART 11 P 1982

DESCRIBED AS WHITE, MALE, MID FORTIES, SEVENTY TO ONE EIGHTY, OLIVE COMPLEXION, OR BLACK HAIR, NORMAL STYLE, PARTED ON SMOKED RALEIGH CIGARETTES.

FBI PART 11 P 2036

Mr. MILNES said the hijacker was described as white, male, American, olive complexion, Latin appearance, black hair, normal hair style parted on left, age middle forties, six feet tall, 170 to 175 pounds, average build, brown eyes. He was wearing a black suit, white shirt, narrow black tie, black rain-type overcoat, black dress suit, and was carrying a dark briefcase.

FBI PART 11 P 2047

UNSUB described as white male, mid-forties, five ten to six feet, one seventy to one eighty, olive complexion, latin appearance, dark brown or black hair combed straight back in normal

style, parted on left, smoked Raleigh cigarettes.

FBI PART 11 P 2056

that he has average eyes, of Latin appearance, with a sort of disinterested look

FBI PART 11 P 2224

WHITE, MALE, MID 40's, 5'1011 TO 611 , 170 Tel 180 lbs., AVERAGE TO WELL BUILT, OLIVE COMPLEXION, LATIN APPEARANCE, MEDIUM SMOOTH, DARK BROWN OR BLACK HAIR, NORMAL STYLE, PARTED ON LEFT, COMBED BACK, SIDEBURNS, LOW EAR LEVEL, POSSIBLY BROWN EYES, DURING LATTER PART OF FLIGHT PUTr DARK, WRAP-AROUND SUNGLASSES WITH DARK RIMS. LOW VOICE, SPOKE INTELLIGENTLY; NO PARTICULAR ACCENT, POSSIBLY FROM MIDWEST SECTION OF THE U.S., HEAVY SMOKER OF RALEIGH FILTER TIP CIGARETTES, WEARING BLACK OR BROWN SUIT; WHITE SHIRT; NARROW BLACK TIE; BLACK DRESS SUIT;

FBI PART 11 P 1987

COMPLEXION: OLIVE, SWARTHY, THE LATIN TYPE

FBI PART 11 P 1841

COMPLEXION: OLIVE, LATIN APPERANCE, MEDIUM SMOOTH

FBI PART 18 P5497

RACE WHITE, SEX MALE, AGE MID FORTIES, HEIGHT FIVE FEET TEN INCHES TO SIX FEET, WEIGHT ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY TO ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY POUNDS, BUILD AVERAGE TO WELL BUILT, COMPLEXION OLIVE, LATIN APPEARANCE, MEDIUM SMOOTH; HAIR DARK BROWN OR BLACK, NORMAL STYLE, PARTED ON LEFT, COMBED BACK, SIDEBURNS, LOW EAR LEVEL; EYES POSSIBLY BROWN.

FBI PART 26 P 8545

He was unable to determine from the photograph the complexion of ______ but again emphasized the hijacker had a swarthy or Latin type complexion and it appeared to him might have such a complexion.

FBI PART 26 P 8574

OLIVE OR LATIN COMPLEXION·

Key witnesses generally agree that unsub had an "olive or Latin" complexion.- One witness indicated a Mexican-American or possibly Indian complexion and characteristics. In addition, unsub expressed a desire to go "anywhere in Mexico”.

FBI PART 26 P 8881

She thereafter remained in the cockpit where she prepared thirteen pages of notes concerning the hijacking and in which she described unsub as in his fifties. She later said he appeared to be of Latin descent.

FBI PART 19 P 5934

"Enclosed is an artist's conception of the hijacker who extorted two hundred thousand dollars from Northwest Airlines on November 24, 1971. This man is described as follows:

"Race-white; sex-male; age mid-forties; height-five feet ten inches to six feet; weight-170 to 180 pounds; build-average to well built; complexion olive, latin appearance, mediurn smooth; hair-dark brown or black; normal style, parted on left, combed back; sideburns, low ear level; eyes-possibly brown.

FBI PART 10 P 1683

said that the man appeared to be Latin descent

FBI PART 27 P 9104

To date 475 suspects have been developed based on appearance, as well as other features. Many of the suspects were developed because of their resemblance to the artist's composite of UNSUB. A great number of these suspects have turned out to be in their 20s or early 30s, with light or fair complexion. According to witnesses, UNSUB's age is in the mid-40s and his complexion is olive or Latin in appearance. The artist's composite clearly looks like a man in his late 20s or 30s and his complexion is difficult to determine from the black and white sketch.

FBI PART 27 P 9390

In NORJAK case,  witnesses describe subject's complexion as olive, Latin appearance, medium smooth.

FBI PART 9 P 919

ALL OFFICES ARE TO BEAR IN MIND WHEN CAPTIONED CRIME WAS ON NOVEMBER 11, 1971, UNSUB AKA. B. COOPER WAS DESCRIBED AS BEING A WHITE MALE, 5 ' 10 " TO 6 ' 0 “ , 170 POUNDS, OLIVE AND LATIN APPEARANCE.

FBI PART 27 P 9327

In view of the fact that unsub in this matter had a swarthy complexion and was tentatively identified by several witnesses as possibly having Mexican ancestry, the following lead is being set out:

FBI PART 13 P 3159

which he feels more closely depicts the nose and cheeks of the unknown subject, whom he feels was of Mexican-American descent with possibly lndian blood.

FBI PART 33 P 12115

indicated that the unsub's complexion was somewhat swarthy indicating that he might have possibly been an American Indian or Mexican American.

FBI PART 26 P 8882

believed unsub was a Mexican-American. She had a short encounter with the unsub prior to her deplaning at Seattle

FBI PART 29 P 10072

similar Mexican-type facial features 

FBI PART 11 P 2135

CHEEKS TOO FLAT, SHOULD BE MORE ROUNDED TO GIVE MEXICAN-AMERICAN APPEARANCE.

FBI PART 28 P 9541

lacks the Mexican or Indian characteristics that ____ noted in the hijacker

FBI PART 28 P 9559

further advised that the hijacker definitely had some Indian or Mexican blood in him. He would guess about one quarter Indian or Mexican blood. 

FBI PART 28 P 10037

FACIAL FEATURES: Should reflect a Mexican or Indian ancestry

FBI PART 11 P 2039

Race: Caucasian, believed to be of Mexican-American descent wih possibly some American Indian blood

FBI PART 34 P 13102

In view of the fact that UNSUB in this matter is possibly of American Indian descent, the following leads are being set forth pursuant to referenced communication:

(edited)

I have read all these witness descriptions you posted. Sometimes it is hard for people to remember that witness descriptions are notoriously unreliable, are often plain wrong. Like most witness descriptions, they probably hit the mark on some things and miss it on others. I am not here to judge them too harshly, but those are facts. 

In the Cooper case, I have offered up something most people don't realize. A fair number of people who weren't sitting in the confines of an aircraft cabin got a pretty good look at Gary Ridgway as well...the infamous Green River Killer. The King County Green River Task Force drew up a composite based upon those descriptions. They posted them everywhere, even at local 7-11's. No one matched a sighting to the composite. No one came forward, although it is known now that Ridgway had a job, a wife (sometimes), friends, and did much of his shopping openly in the Des Moines, WA area. 

When Ridgway came into the offices of the Task Force and was asked to give a saliva swab (pre-DNA), he sat there and gave the sample. His composite and description were plastered all over the walls at the Task Force's own offices. 

No one working with him at the Task Force even suspected he was the same guy, the guy in the sketches, the very person they were looking for.

Just saying. I was about 28 when Ridgway started his little spree and I was IN THE SHIT as the guys in Vietnam used to say. In 1982 I was living in Federal Way, right up the road from Des Moines, and traveled Star Lake Road on a daily basis, the spot where they found at least one of the bodies. We (everyone in the area) looked at each other all the time. You looked at strangers. You wondered if someone you knew was the killer. Sometimes you even looked at your friends. Everyone was looking for a clue. This was not a one-off crime, nor was it anything like the Cooper case.

This guy was actively KILLING WOMEN time and again, and time and again the news was full of the warnings, finding of the bodies, and stories about the futility of the cops. In fact, when Gayla and I first moved in together in 2000, we lived in apartments two blocks away from where Ridgway lived before he was finally caught in November 2001. We lived in Silverwood Park in Des Moines. Ridgway lived right up the street. After he was caught, I thought back to how many times Gayla had gone off in that neighborhood alone. 

I have watched about half of the Cooper Bites. I did not downvote or negatively comment ANY of them at YouTube. The one where Eric speculates that he believes Cooper actually flew into the Portland Airport was the first time I considered a downvote and a negative comment. Out of respect for the guy, I decided not to do that. But the idea still seems not only far-fetched, but foolish. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Made a post about the upcoming Cooper Campout in Oregon over at City Data. They closed replies to it (frankly, replies would have been a big headache anyway) but left it in place because I was straightforward, honest, gave appropriate details, and I'm not selling anything. It isn't really the type of post that needs responses. It's more of an informational post, not a discussion. A few emails have already come in.

Four weeks to go and I'm beginning to think we can max out again for this one, after all. Except for the crazy March trip where the weather interfered with our plans, we always have. It's just that I haven't tried sponsoring one of these trips in Oregon before. The others were all in Washington state. 

I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to get a lot more apps over the next two weeks. Not because of the City Data Forum post so much, but because word just gets around sometimes. B|

(edited)
6 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I have read all these witness descriptions you posted. Sometimes it is hard for people to remember that witness descriptions are notoriously unreliable, are often plain wrong. Like most witness descriptions, they probably hit the mark on some things and miss it on others. I am not here to judge them too harshly, but those are facts. 

In the Cooper case, I have offered up something most people don't realize. A fair number of people who weren't sitting in the confines of an aircraft cabin got a pretty good look at Gary Ridgway as well...the infamous Green River Killer. The King County Green River Task Force drew up a composite based upon those descriptions. They posted them everywhere, even at local 7-11's. No one matched a sighting to the composite. No one came forward, although it is known now that Ridgway had a job, a wife (sometimes), friends, and did much of his shopping openly in the Des Moines, WA area. 

When Ridgway came into the offices of the Task Force and was asked to give a saliva swab (pre-DNA), he sat there and gave the sample. His composite and description were plastered all over the walls at the Task Force's own offices. 

No one working with him at the Task Force even suspected he was the same guy, the guy in the sketches, the very person they were looking for.

Just saying. I was about 28 when Ridgway started his little spree and I was IN THE SHIT as the guys in Vietnam used to say. In 1982 I was living in Federal Way, right up the road from Des Moines, and traveled Star Lake Road on a daily basis, the spot where they found at least one of the bodies. We (everyone in the area) looked at each other all the time. You looked at strangers. You wondered if someone you knew was the killer. Sometimes you even looked at your friends. Everyone was looking for a clue. This was not a one-off crime, nor was it anything like the Cooper case.

This guy was actively KILLING WOMEN time and again, and time and again the news was full of the warnings, finding of the bodies, and stories about the futility of the cops. In fact, when Gayla and I first moved in together in 2000, we lived in apartments two blocks away from where Ridgway lived before he was finally caught in November 2001. We lived in Silverwood Park in Des Moines. Ridgway lived right up the street. After he was caught, I thought back to how many times Gayla had gone off in that neighborhood alone. 

I have watched about half of the Cooper Bites. I did not downvote or negatively comment ANY of them at YouTube. The one where Eric speculates that he believes Cooper actually flew into the Portland Airport was the first time I considered a downvote and a negative comment. Out of respect for the guy, I decided not to do that. But the idea still seems not only far-fetched, but foolish. 

Individual witness statements can be off, things like height and weight. People are asked to recall so they estimate.

In this case it is clear and consistent and overwhelming across all, Cooper didn't just have olive/swarthy colored skin but had Latin/Mexican/Native America characteristics, features, appearance and descent. That isn't an estimate. These characteristics are very hard to capture in sketches, they had to redo the well known inaccurate "Bing" sketch which unfortunately became the face of Cooper.

This is the elephant in the room,, everybody is ignoring it.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

I wouldn't say 'ignoring' is the right description. It's like this:

You could find a person who looks EXACTLY like the official descriptions, and you would STILL need corroborating evidence to prove that person was Cooper. The Rackstraw people were soooo sure they had their man, and then Tina Mucklow blew that whole thing off with a definite negative, saying he was NOT Cooper. She saw his picture, even a video where he speaks for cameras. 

It's hard to fathom. I've seen a lot of people down in Arizona (I visit there regularly) you would swear are pure Sicilian or even Native American. Turns out they were of Anglo descent, and their appearance was changed over the years just because they lived there. 

Nobody's trying to modify history here. The hard truth is that there have been screw-ups regarding the release of the so-called sketches, and the principals involved (people who saw Cooper) just aren't helping anymore. 

I need a vacation...that's for sure. When I go ON vacation next month, we will discuss all this stuff. It's better in person than over the internet.  

Ordered another movie from Amazon for the trip. Panic In Year Zero, with Ray Milland. Couldn't resist. I already have all the Cooper stuff. (*smiles*) 

Come to think of it. Ray Milland sort of looks like Cooper. Well, sort of. B|

panic.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

They can tell you he either went to the Sky Chef Restaurant at the airport, or...he got them free on the plane...or...he had them with him all along because he worked for a place where you could just load up and take them home. If it turns out to be Number Three answer, it is a damn good clue. You are brave enough to sit on your couch and drop the lectures on us. Less willing to actually DEFEND any of your videos here. Or answer any questions about them. 

Let me drop a hint on you. It's six months exactly until the convention you are supposed to be organizing. You should do a video on your plans for THAT. So far, not a peep. Six months goes by faster than you think. I had to plan the latest Cooper Campout months in advance. Better get busy. B|

skychef.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Eric asks for qn's or comments but doesn't respond to anything that doesn't fit his highly speculative narrative.

The "Sky Chef" matches might have come from one of their terminal restaurants, however, they were also supplying catering on various airlines. 

Sky Chef was owned by American Airlines...  Cooper could have also obtained the matchbook during a flight serviced by "Sky Chef".