4 4
quade

DB Cooper

24 minutes ago, DerekGodsey12 said:

Bahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahaha good one flyjack. Did your DDS DB Cooper suspect show you that? My eyes are better than yours guaranteed 

Not even close. That tie is NOT the Cooper tie. It probably isn't even a clipon based on the lengths..

tiecomp2.jpg

(edited)

Look, Derek. I'm sure you are a perfectly nice guy in person but if you keep calling other users at Dropzone 'serial killers' or posting more insults, sooner or later THEY will tire of it, too. Nobody is going to listen to you when you do that. Besides, it's childish and looks childish. 

On another subject, I have proposed a trip to the same spot where the placard was found from the jet Cooper hijacked. The location has been known for some time and was converted to GPS coordinates a couple of years ago. 

Although it is a long shot, it might be a BETTER shot than the famous Jerry's search of the Washougal River area, one he did on his own for years. And I have a good metal detector. 

My proposal is to camp in the same area where the placard was found and then (with other people invited to this three-day event) search the area using visual and the metal detector. It is safe to assume that Cooper probably tossed out not only the briefcase with the bomb, but even the phony trainer parachute, neither of which were found when the jet landed in Reno. Frankly, chances are a thousand to one anything else would be found, but it is worth a try I think. At night, we do the usual AB of Seattle Campout party stuff of course. Some people are already interested, most of them from the website Infamous Nissan dot com, the support group for Nissan owners. A few of them have attended previous AB campouts and have shown an interest in going. 

For more information on the exact location the placard was discovered by Carroll Hicks, see THIS WordPress article. It includes an interactive Google Map you can view in 3-D. There is a picture in the article showing the location of the proposed campsite. This trip would be planned for May, or possibly June. We would have a three-day search window, working both north and south using a compass along the line of the known flight path of the jet. 

EDIT: I posted this information to Bruce Smith's latest Cooper thingie-thing article at Mountain News. He deleted it five minutes later. He and Shutter (founder of the mostly-dead-these-days DB Cooper Forum) still foolishly believe they 'control' all discussions related to the hijacking. Only a small group of their supporters actually believe that. Even some of their own members don't believe it, a few of whom contact me privately occasionally.  

The public doesn't buy into this kind of approach, at least these days. Transparency is the word of the day, not listening to a closed group who believe they are Cooper Royalty. 

What can you say? Trying to be control freaks and practicing deletion and repression...people see through that kind of stuff pretty easily. The Dropzone thread on Cooper has always been the actual Big Boy on the Block regarding the hijacking, and Cooper Royalty simply doesn't like it. During the time this thread was closed, they had some control over the discussion and spent much time and effort trying to exert that control. With the advent of the Quora Space on Cooper, and the reopening of the Dropzone thread on the case, they find that control slipping away. 

Which frankly, in this humble writer's opinion, they truly deserveB|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Robert, you were asked by Bruce not to comment on his site many times due to your behavior. you were also banned from my site for the same reason. you are slowly getting right back into your old ways of diverting a DB Cooper forum into a complaint forum.  I banned you for a reason as well as Bruce. it has nothing to do with "transparency" it has to due with your constant returning to his site when you are not welcome. it's your behavior. something you are trying very hard to hide here but is slowly coming out. 

If someone doesn't want you to comment and you do. then it's pretty obvious they will remove those comments. you are trying to shift the blame on something that is clearly your fault. you are posting on Bruce's site under a fake name.

try sticking to the topic of DB Cooper and take your own advice about things getting old or what ever you said at the start of this thread when it comes to moving on. 

Derek is bad enough. don't start clogging things up here about other forums that you are not welcome on...be happy you can post here. for now :) 

Robert, I checked the image of KC with his tie as well, it doesn't match either. The length of the rear piece is much shorter (vs front) on Cooper's tie. Cooper's clipon tie has a fixed length.

Neither KC's nor Klansnic's tie shown in those pics match Cooper's tie. They are definitely not the Cooper tie.

(edited)
3 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, you were asked by Bruce not to comment on his site many times due to your behavior. you were also banned from my site for the same reason. you are slowly getting right back into your old ways of diverting a DB Cooper forum into a complaint forum.  I banned you for a reason as well as Bruce. it has nothing to do with "transparency" it has to due with your constant returning to his site when you are not welcome. it's your behavior. something you are trying very hard to hide here but is slowly coming out. 

If someone doesn't want you to comment and you do. then it's pretty obvious they will remove those comments. you are trying to shift the blame on something that is clearly your fault. you are posting on Bruce's site under a fake name.

try sticking to the topic of DB Cooper and take your own advice about things getting old or what ever you said at the start of this thread when it comes to moving on. 

Derek is bad enough. don't start clogging things up here about other forums that you are not welcome on...be happy you can post here. for now :) 

Blah, blah, blah. You are kidding, right? (This comes to me from the same guy who sends me a hatefest email about every three months or so...and then reminds me he blocked our email so we (I) cannot respond.)

Your opinion means about as much to me as the one my cat offered. You are not the be-all or end-all of everything Cooper, although I know you enjoy thinking of yourself that way. You want respect? You also have to give it, and you have given little enough of that. 

No. Actually I appreciate Coco's opinions a bit more. Even if I COULD post to your website, I wouldn't. There is no need. You all mention my name over there often enough. It's like I'm there in spirit already. 9_9 One of the things I noticed over there lately were the negative comments from you and a few of your members on the idea that Dropzone reopened this thread. On the very first day they did. Not nice at all. 

CocoEighteleven.jpg

"Look into my eyes, Dave...look DEEP..."

Edited by RobertMBlevins

17 minutes ago, DerekGodsey12 said:

Please stop with the tie Panama Flyjack. I will say the same for Kenny’s tie, you are not qualified to judge it either. I’m not a good speaker, not good at gardening, not the best social skills, but I consider myself the best in the world with photos. I’m not saying Klansnic’s tie is a definite match that’s impossible to tell, but taking into count he is under a 727 and worked on the very programs that the particles matched, I’d say the odds are definitely in his favor. I’m not going to say it’s not Kenny’s tie either just because you say it’s not. At least Kenny had rode on a 727 and knew the basics of the aircraft. Panama Flyjack your suspect barely had shoes and could speak English. 

28E19707-F81E-4252-B9F1-DEAB6B730BB5.jpeg

If you were sure and such a photo expert then you would match the tie photo's unedited and spam them all over. You haven't, you can't because it is crystal clear that Klansnic is NOT wearing the Cooper tie in that photo. The length of the rear piece is much shorter vs front piece for Cooper's tie, it is absolutely clear, not even close.

and there is no way the "James Bond" of 727 Hydraulics would need a young Stew to explain how to move a simple lever to lower the rear Airstairs. That alone virtually eliminates Klansnic. IMO, of course.

Would James Bond ask a grocery clerk how to operate his Walther PPK??

(edited)
On 4/2/2019 at 6:48 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

You have to remember that there was a draft, even in peacetime, in the 50s. Even Elvis was subject to it.
So if Cooper was 'fortyish' in 71, that means he was 'twentyish' in 51. And subject to the draft. 
Either during/in the Korean Conflict or after it as 'just another draftee'. 

If Cooper was mid forties in '71, he could have served at the end of WWII. Leaving home at 14 - 15 and lied about his age to serve. 598810515_MelvinLutherWilsonNavy.jpg.7bce73fa777d1d0969d1410f34ae0715.jpg2011-08-10_12-34-01_561.jpg.147a150e3be72a0221f4c36b650a8c6c.jpg2011-08-10_12-34-01_561.jpg.147a150e3be72a0221f4c36b650a8c6c.jpg

Edited by EVickiW

You can keep presenting suspects, but there was only one that got FBI to end their search.  Why Thanksgiving?  Edwards committed a double murder in Portland on Thanksgiving 10 years earlier.  He escaped jail to avoid questioning and was placed on the FBI 10 most wanted list.  Phil Stanford has recently updated this case finding Edwards in the police report as actually dating Beverly that summer:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Larry_Peyton_and_Beverly_Allan

PEYTON.jpg

wanted.jpg

(edited)

Just for the record, we (this means 'Adventure Books of Seattle staff') do NOT believe any pictures of Christiansen showing him wearing a tie are pictures showing the tie used by the hijacker. 

One reason is they don't match exactly. 

The other reason is we believe Cooper obtained the tie from another source other than his clothes closet. One thing we noticed was that Cooper was extremely careful to retrieve evidence. He took back the matchbook from Mucklow, for example, most likely because his fingerprints were now on it. He had the notes returned to him. He disposed of the briefcase and its contents. No one found the paper bag, and anything else that came directly from Cooper...EXCEPT the tie. 

Instead of disposing of it, he lays it casually across one of the seats, as if he knew it could not be traced to him. 

My opinion is that he either borrowed, or purchased it shortly prior to the hijacking at a thrift store. He probably didn't buy it new because the width, as the Penneys guy told the FBI, was a few years out of style. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

59 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Just for the record, we (this means 'Adventure Books of Seattle staff') do NOT believe any pictures of Christiansen showing him wearing a tie are pictures showing the tie used by the hijacker. 

One reason is they don't match exactly. 

The other reason is we believe Cooper obtained the tie from another source other than his clothes closet. One thing we noticed was that Cooper was extremely careful to retrieve evidence. He took back the matchbook from Mucklow, for example, most likely because his fingerprints were now on it. He had the notes returned to him. He disposed of the briefcase and its contents. No one found the paper bag, and anything else that came directly from Cooper...EXCEPT the tie. 

Instead of disposing of it, he lays it casually across one of the seats, as if he knew it could not be traced to him. 

My opinion is that he either borrowed, or purchased it shortly prior to the hijacking at a thrift store. He probably didn't buy it new because the width, as the Penneys guy told the FBI, was a few years out of style. 

Based on the labels the Cooper tie was manufactured around 1965.

(edited)

Makes sense to me. And who keeps a cheapie clip on tie in their clothes closet for five or six years? Sometimes things really ARE as simple as they appear. Cooper tossed the tie away because (for some reason known only to him) he knew it couldn't be traced to him. On everything else you could consider evidence, he was almost meticulous in getting it all back and then getting rid of it somehow. 

My guess is that everything went out the back, just like the placard. Dummy chute, briefcase, whatever. He certainly didn't stuff them into the toilet. :|

It's one of the reasons I want to do a campout/three-day search with a metal detector, in the same place the placard was found. I have no illusions about finding anything, though. That jet was moving along at three miles a minute. A twenty second delay (assuming he actually tossed out the placard, and THEN the other items) would expand any search area by a few square miles. 

Chances are a million to one or more we would actually find anything, but the whole trip might be fun. I already have one guy from Infamous Nissan that wants to come up from California to participate. A few others, most of them from Oregon, are also interested. But...I was also with Search and Rescue for a few years. I wasn't surprised the Army guys didn't find anything down by Ariel. I went out on a winter search once up by Mt Index in Washington state. We had it narrowed down to a two-mile-in-any-direction grid with more than fifty people searching. It's harder than it looks. We were looking for three young men. 

I was actually the one who determined where these guys probably were, too. They had left the parking lot for the hike to Lake Serene, near Mt. Index. I asked:  "When did they leave the parking lot?" About 3:30PM, I was told. Well...I hike up the trail with a group, meet other groups coming down. After about an hour and a half, we reach a spot where the trail is damn near straight up to a ridge. Snow, too. I looked up at that and thought about it being almost 5PM when they would have reached that point. It was winter. Would have been getting dark. I knew right there they hadn't even gone up there, no WAY. Not that late in the day. But most of the search was going on above the ridge, even helicopters. 

I tried to get the guys with the snow rods to look down into the canyon instead. I saw some small trees with their tops broken off. "Maybe they said the heck with it right here and camped down THERE." No one listened to me, and I wasn't sure anyway. It was a guess. But I kept thinking about how dark it would start to get at 5PM. Search ended weeks later when some of the snow finally melted and the top of one of their tents became exposed. They had foolishly camped in what amounted to a big steep ditch with tons of snow above them. A relatively small avalanche killed them by suffocation. I felt vindicated, but I still felt bad. Our search was no search after all, it was nothing more than a hunt for bodies. They were dead from the start of the search.  

No, I don't have any big hopes of finding anything in the placard area from Cooper, but I wanted to try anyway. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

On Klansnic and this Super Secret Squirrel picture you have:  That's great you have such a picture and I'm not kidding you on that. But remember what the Penneys guy told the FBI:  They would order that clip on tie twenty or thirty DOZEN at a time. And that was just one store manager. You will need more than a picture of him wearing a very common tie. Do you know his approximate whereabouts on the week of the hijacking? Can you prove any sudden, unexplained spending after the hijacking? Have you spoken to any family members or close friends? Do you have anything except the pictures? The pictures show a guy who was a WW2 vet who worked for Boeing. There is no t shirt saying "I was D.B."   I'm not trying to be nasty here, but you just don't have enough evidence to declare him Cooper. Case needs more work, witnesses, something. 

Oh...on another note...I see Shutter (don't be too hard on him, he's from Florida) said this regarding any campout/search in the same area as the placard was found. He did this at Bruce's site, so it's probably gone by now. I copied my answer over just to make sure everyone gets a chance to see it. Shutter says:

"Yup, and according to Tom Kaye the placard was found on private property so he needs to get permission from the owners.”

Robert replies:  No it isn’t. And no I don’t. You probably mean the Amboy parachute. That was found on private property. The location the placard was found is public knowledge and has been assigned GPS coordinates. It’s on forestry land east of the Interstate 5 freeway. Why don’t you go to my WordPress and just view the interactive Google 3D map? Shows you right where they found it. No one lives in that area for miles. ‘Headquarters,’ is a main station for Weyerhauser Logging, and the property either belongs to them, or the National Forest Service. Since the access road has a Forest Service designation, it’s probably them. Even if was Weyerhauser, you can go onto their land and camp anywhere they don’t have an access gated. And that road is not gated.

Here’s the funny thing about this post. You might read it. Bruce will delete it. And you will STILL go with that story even though you know now (or could find out yourself by LOOKING) your claim isn’t true. You should get a job with the Ministry of Truth at Orwell’s ‘1984’.

Explanation: “He works at the Ministry of Truth, where he rewrites historical records to conform to the state’s ever-changing version of history…” 

The bottom line is that I've been traveling the Forest Service roads and back roads of Washington state since I was old enough to drive. 

Shutter, although he's probably an okay guy, is from Florida. Case closed. 

I was right. My response to Shutter was quickly deleted by the so-called 'Mayor of Cooperland' Bruce Smith. Nothing like suppression of the truth to convince other people you might actually be right about somebody, or something. That kind of approach never works. Trust me on this one. 

Saw this deal at Amazon and couldn't resist. We may need more than one metal detector for the DB Cooper Evidence Search campout, right? 

I will be doing an official announcement on it this weekend for WordPress, updating the AB of Seattle 'Public Events and Meetups' page, and doing a thread at Infamous Nissan on it. We will probably fill the available slots pretty damn fast. It usually goes that way. I am already creating the budget and making arrangements for the trip. 

DetectorOrder.jpg

(edited)

Robert, while trying to insult people you should at least insult the right person. if you read my post correctly (which you didn't) you would notice that Tom Kaye provided the information regarding the location of the placard. you should also note Tom Kaye is not from Washington and post the same response of (enough said) about his status? 

Bruce removes your comments because you have been TOLD multiple times not to post there and continue to disrespect Bruce. reason being your behavior. Bruce doesn't know how to ban people properly which wouldn't stop you anyway because you post under a false name. 

I didn't realize researching an old unsolved mystery was exclusive to those who live in the area and if you don't live there are subject to insults. examples like 377, Grey, Kaye need to have (enough said, or he's from California, Arizona, New York) when using them for any matter surrounding this case. remember, you must be fair....you shoot from the hip often not realizing you insult more than just me with your obsession. 

In 1971, not today. Cooper knew the tie couldn't link him. almost 50 years and it still hasn't. carry on with the insults and blurry photo's. 

carry on getting to the bottom of things :)

Edited by mrshutter45

11 hours ago, DerekGodsey12 said:

Do you think the people in the Cities of Sacramento and Visalia Thought an officer from the nearby cities of Auburn and Exeter was the perpetrator raping, stealing, and killing? They thought he was some teenager on drugs. The man would nut all over peoples beds. He would take a dump in front of their refrigerators, yet he was a cop. Dummies get caught, cases like DB Cooper we don’t set the bar high enough. Don’t forget Klansnic spent 13 months a prisoner of the worse people to ever exist, the Nazis. You think he came out the same way he went in? You don’t think all the work he put into the SST program and to have the rug dragged out from under him again by his government didn’t effect him? I live in a town with about 2500 people. The FBI has came to my town about 4 times and for 3 of the people I went to church with them that’s no joke. If a case goes over a year without being solved start with the sheriff and work your way down with suspects 

"The description on one wire service:  Master Criminal"  - Original Newscast:  

(edited)
5 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, while trying to insult people you should at least insult the right person. if you read my post correctly (which you didn't) you would notice that Tom Kaye provided the information regarding the location of the placard. you should also note Tom Kaye is not from Washington and post the same response of (enough said) about his status? 

Bruce removes your comments because you have been TOLD multiple times not to post there and continue to disrespect Bruce. reason being your behavior. Bruce doesn't know how to ban people properly which wouldn't stop you anyway because you post under a false name. 

I didn't realize researching an old unsolved mystery was exclusive to those who live in the area and if you don't live there are subject to insults. examples like 377, Grey, Kaye need to have (enough said, or he's from California, Arizona, New York) when using them for any matter surrounding this case. remember, you must be fair....you shoot from the hip often not realizing you insult more than just me with your obsession. 

In 1971, not today. Cooper knew the tie couldn't link him. almost 50 years and it still hasn't. carry on with the insults and blurry photo's. 

carry on getting to the bottom of things :)

I don't 'disrespect' Bruce. That's a laugh. I offered him a contract from a movie company in LA that was ready to pay him $15,000 just to review maybe thirty pages of a script, and have his book and name carried in the titles as a co-producer credit. When they came to me with this job on the script, Bruce was the first person who came to mind for the job. It was I who suggested he was good for that job, not the movie company. R-E-S-P-E-C-T as Aretha once said. 

I left my house on a work night and drove forty miles to his trailer out in the middle of nowhere (at the urging of Meyer Louie) because no one had heard from him for weeks and Louie was worried. All I got for my trouble was a bunch of lies posted about that, which you supported, and even more insults. Even some of your own forum members made posts wondering what happened to him. 

He banned me because I started posting up the truth for people on those things, and other issues. He has an aversion to the truth. So do you sometimes. Only courtesy prevents me from creating a WordPress article based on your occasional hate-fest emails to me, the ones where you tell me I can't respond to them because you blocked my email. Not nice. 

On a side note, why does Bruce need you to say these things? I have a WordPress, too. You can ban people by their email address, their IP, their username, all with a click. Ask yourself why he doesn't do that with me if he's so concerned. The reason is he wants to read my posts at his site, he just doesn't want anyone else to do the same thing. Tell you what, though. I will grant your request. 'TK' will not be showing up anymore at Bruce's place. But I would expect that others would stop their constant posting of negativity with my name attached to those posts. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Any further posts that are just talking about other posters and not the topic at hand will find the poster on a temporary ban from the site.

Any posts that are just reposting of the same pictures that were linked to in the last few posts will also find their accounts on a temporary ban.

This thread was reopened to have a civil discussion on the topic - not to allow posters to throw insults at each other or spam the forum with the same photos time after time.

• Like 2

(edited)

There was a "little bob" noted on the flight data recorder, it is a magnetic foil marked by servos.. on the 727 it is located right in the Airstair cavity. The time was 8:09 which is derived from radio transmissions. IF that FDR "little bob" was the Airstairs retracting and hitting the plane after Cooper jumped then this is the probable LZ. This accounts for an error rate in flightpath and approx 8:09 jump time. It is speculation based on the assumption that the "little bob" on the FDR was made from the Airstairs banging back into the plane after Cooper left.

cooplz11aa.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

My guess is that the actual landing zone is a bit further south of Lake Merwin, but not much. Here are a couple of pictures from the original notebook belonging to the Cowlitz County Sheriff. He got his information straight from FBI agent Thomas Manning. These notes were made during the late night during the hijacking, and into the next morning:

(On one of the pictures you can see where Manning told the sheriff where the FBI thought Cooper landed, i.e. "2 1/2 miles south of Ariel, and 4 miles NNW of Crawford")  Crawford isn't really a town, but more of a general area farther south of Ariel. 

The red lines in the one picture, showing how Manning described the bomb, were added later by me. 

LewisShot1.jpg

LewisShot3.jpg

LewisShot5.jpg

LewisShot8.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
50 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

My guess is that the actual landing zone is a bit further south of Lake Merwin, but not much. Here are a couple of pictures from the original notebook belonging to the Cowlitz County Sheriff. He got his information straight from FBI agent Thomas Manning. These notes were made during the late night during the hijacking, and into the next morning:

(On one of the pictures you can see where Manning told the sheriff where the FBI thought Cooper landed, i.e. "2 1/2 miles south of Ariel, and 4 miles NNW of Crawford")  Crawford isn't really a town, but more of a general area farther south of Ariel. 

The red lines in the one picture, showing how Manning described the bomb, were added later by me. 

LewisShot1.jpg

LewisShot3.jpg

LewisShot5.jpg

LewisShot8.jpg

Interesting, the "little bob" on the FDR was found later On 12/2/71.. 

BTW.. Latin appearance, curly hair (wavy, marceled) = Hahneman

Edited by FLYJACK

31 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

My guess is that the actual landing zone is a bit further south of Lake Merwin, but not much.

Interesting you think he jumped in wooded area.  If I recall correctly didn't he say in Ha Ha Ha that he jumped near Reno just to avoid the trees and land on sand?  It makes a lot more sense to jump in the desert.