10 10
quade

DB Cooper

ParrotheadVol

"...all three stews selected different combinations from the FBI's Facial Identification Catalog..."

How do you know this, Bobby. Where can we go to confirm it?

Thanks!

And even if true, doesn't mean jack.

Blevins also says:

"You believe it is my job to somehow 'prove' to you that Kenny Christiansen was DB Cooper. And I understand that many of you don't believe he was."

Wrong again Robert. It isn't "many" of us that don't believe it, it's "all" of us. I know of 3 people who have claimed belief that Kenny was Cooper: You, Skip & the kid that said he was going to jump off the bridge. That's it.

Well...I meant the public more or less, not necessarily the folks in Cooperland. We get messages all the time, and I mean ALL the time. Some people call, but we do screen the calls. If the email messages seem polite, I answer all of them personally.

I don't mind the negativity from Cooperland too much because I know I didn't release our report on KC publicly this time. I didn't like having to do that, either. But there are trust issues, plus..I do see those posts at the other site on Cooper. Don't go there as much as I used to, but I've seen some pretty ugly things posted there among the good stuff.

In our minds around this office, we've gotten a bit of an attitude. We just don't care that much about Cooperland as far as their opinions because we believe some of the folks who reside there are slanted. We also believe some of you would go bat-shit crazy and freak out if you discovered we were right all along about Christiansen. Why? Because a few of you have personal issues with me, and others believe a Johnny-Come-Lately like yours truly and the AB staff just can't be right. Or...don't WANT us to be right about KC.

And...along this journey comes the occasional really ugly stuff. A Cooper article where some of you posted up the most ugly things imaginable...to the point where Matt Mullenberg, the co-founder of WordPress, had to get involved. Or...another Cooper article where a CNN author was the victim of sooo many filthy-ass comments, (again, some made by some of YOU) that the poor guy just deleted the article to rid himself of the comments.

The public sees through those types of things easily. I get messages asking me why. I don't really have an answer. Sometimes I tell them it only proves some people in Cooperland have personal agendas and will pull out all the stops, including getting personal on Gayla and I. Georger was famous for that. There are others, some who post here now.

It's okay not to believe KC could have been Cooper. I don't know for sure myself, so why should I expect Cooperland to jump on board with it? Both sides are slanted, both me and Cooperland folks. So the best, and most fair option to discover the truth on Christiansen is to make the best evidence on him available to third parties, more neutral parties. Media, the Seattle FBI, individual journalists with an interest, etc. Any results from these third-party submissions would be taken more seriously I think.

I don't know. Never said I had all the answers. I did wonder why you said 'It doesn't mean Jack' when I said the stews gave different combinations on the FBI's FI catalog. If that isn't Jack as far as what I claimed about witnesses giving different descriptions, then what is 'Jack' to you? I thought it was a pretty good supporting point. There are a few references about that incident. I didn't answer Bruce's question on it because I knew he was either playing dumb or he hasn't seen Geoff Gray's book. One of the references appears in his book. He even gives the catalog combinations for Flo and Alice. There are other references, and I'm sure Bruce knew this all along when he asked. ;)

"...I didn't answer Bruce's question on it because I knew he was either playing dumb or he hasn't seen Geoff Gray's book. One of the references appears in his book. He even gives the catalog combinations for Flo and Tina. There are other references, and I'm sure Bruce knew this all along when he asked...."

Nope. Didn't know. I'll have to re-check GG's book.

BruceSmith

"...I didn't answer Bruce's question on it because I knew he was either playing dumb or he hasn't seen Geoff Gray's book. One of the references appears in his book. He even gives the catalog combinations for Flo and Tina. There are other references, and I'm sure Bruce knew this all along when he asked...."

Nope. Didn't know. I'll have to re-check GG's book.

My apologies. I thought you had read the book pretty thoroughly, but I can see how someone could miss the reference. It is on the bottom of page 91, top of 92. There are a couple of other references to this stuff, not in Gray's book though. I would have to check my notes on that.

Side Note: It is with sorrow I have to announce that my absolutely best friend Tom B. gave me some bad news. (Camping buddies since 1982) His mother died the other day, rather suddenly. I knew her very well when I was living in the Federal Way area. She had a very unique voice...and many years ago I was doing an impression of her when she walked in on Tom and I while I was doing it. LOL that was embarrassing as hell. She told me I was pretty good doing her, though. :$ Tom and I did a lot of things together. When the Atari game system came out, the one with the single joystick and the red button, we figured out a way to hook up a stereo and six speakers to the game and TV. So our Super Mario stuff really rocked. Then I hooked the whole thing through our VCR and got movie and TV sound as well. The 80's. All that new tech to play with. You gotta love it.

Funeral is private. Family only. Tom and I will be going on another trip before June, off to the Olympics.

BruceSmith

1. Duane is related to Stan Gilliam, the flight engineer at Boeing.

AS USUAL YOU CAN'T GET FACTS CORRECT.

STANLEY GILLIAM WAS MARRIED TO THE GOD CHILD OF HIS MOTHER.

I HAVE POSTED THE DEATH NOTICE OF STANLEY GILLIAMS WIFE IN THIS THREAD - NOW YOU GO FIND IT...

I HAVE JUST HAD A SURGICAL PROCEDURE..
IT IS ON THE COMPUTER - CHECK OUT STANLEY GILLIAM AND FIND HIS WIFE'S NAME. CHECK OUT HIS WIFE'S BACKGROUND - I HAVE POSTED ALL OF THIS IN THE THREAD SO YOU GO FIND IT.

I REFUSE TO DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN.
YOU READ ONLY WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO READ AND YOU ALWAYS TWIST WHAT YOU FIND.

REMEMBER THAT DUANE'S MOTHERS' BEST FRIEND GAVE BIRTH A MONTH BEFORE OR AFTER,
HER BEST FRIEND GAVE TO DUANE L. WEBER - HELL, YOU LOOK IT UP. THEY GAVE ME A DRUG TODAY THAT HAS ME ALL SCREWED UP.

ALL OF THAT IS IN THIS THREAD.

THE DAUGHTER OF DUANE'S MOTHER'S BEST FRIEND MARRIED STANLEY GILLIAM....SHE MET STANLEY AT THUN AIRPORT.

STANLEY GILLIAM AND DUANE'S BROTHER KNEW AND WORKED WITH EACH OTHER AND EVEN MADE AN INVESTMENT TOGETHER IN WA.

HOW MANY TIME HAVE I ASKED SOMEONE TO PULL THE RECORDS FOR COMMERCIAL PROPERTY IN THE TACOMA - PUYALLUP AREA. YEA, I KNOW THAT IS MISSPELLED.

THEY DID THIS IN A JOINT VENTURE OR LIMITED WHATEVER...IT WAS COMMERCIAL AND IT WAS BAD TIMING AND IT WENT DOWN....SOMEONE ELSE TOLD ME IT WAS BURNED DOWN.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

STANLEY GILLIAM WAS MARRIED TO THE GOD CHILD OF HIS MOTHER....

...I HAVE POSTED THE DEATH NOTICE OF STANLEY GILLIAMS WIFE IN THIS THREAD ...

RE...MEMBER THAT DUANE'S MOTHERS' BEST FRIEND GAVE BIRTH A MONTH BEFORE OR AFTER,
HER BEST FRIEND GAVE TO DUANE L. WEBER ...

...THE DAUGHTER OF DUANE'S MOTHER'S BEST FRIEND MARRIED STANLEY GILLIAM....SHE MET STANLEY AT THUN AIRPORT.

STANLEY GILLIAM AND DUANE'S BROTHER KNEW AND WORKED WITH EACH OTHER AND EVEN MADE AN INVESTMENT TOGETHER IN WA.

Okay, So Stan and Duane were related through the marriage of a godchild AND Stan had a financial deal with Duane's brother.

Next, Florence, Tina and Alice all picked different facial types fromt the FBI, such as KK-5, KA3-9, AND a few others. But WTF does that mean? Are they close or radically different? Again, GG doesn't say and he makes me crazy with leaving those details out.

Your remark about Alice!

(JO INSERTS ) SHE DID THE BEST SHE COULD - WHEN SHE GOT A CHANCE. She was working the forward cabin..

" Nevertheless, the FBI wrote down in their files that Gregory was sitting initially in Row 18 with Cooper, according to Geoffrey Gray."

(JO- INSERTS) - JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING GREY WROTE ABOUT GREGORY WAS FOR A STORY & LITTLE OF IT WAS FACTUAL. GREY EVEN CLAIMED ALICE SAW COOPER IN A RUSSET SWEATER AFTER EMERGING FROM WASHROOM - THAT IS A LIE....IT DID NOT HAPPEN & ALICE SAW NO SUCH THING!

Jack Almstad, came to the rear lavatory and joked with the skyjacker and Tina as he waited to use the rest room. Almstad says the skyjacker looked like the sketches he later saw "in the newspapers.

(JO INSERTS) -IS ALMSTAD STILL ALIVE?

'GREY EVEN CLAIMED ALICE SAW COOPER IN A RUSSET SWEATER AFTER EMERGING FROM WASHROOM...'

In his book, Gray says it was one of the witnesses, Robert Gregory. The quote isn't about a sweater, but the color of the hijacker's suit. Excerpts, page 92 of Skyjack:

'Gregory says the hijacker's suit was not brown or black. The color was russet, a reddish-brown. And the suit, he tells the feds, had wide lapels. Which was strange. Wide lapels are out of style...'

'And about how tall?
Not that tall, Gregory tells the feds. About five foot nine...'

I have to ask something. Do you actually have a copy of Gray's book? Either e-version or print copy? If not, I will be contacting you soon.

'Next, Florence, Tina and Alice all picked different facial types fromt the FBI, such as KK-5, KA3-9, AND a few others. But WTF does that mean? Are they close or radically different? Again, GG doesn't say and he makes me crazy with leaving those details out...'

We actually agree on this concept. Gray's book provides more insight than any previous book to events during the hijacking and directly afterward. And yes...he leaves off some important points.

Look let's get down to cases here. We would have figured out (for sure) whether KC was the guy by now if only Skipp Porteous hadn't decided to put the freeze on Gray while Skipp and I were working on the whole KC thing.

Here's the bottom line deal, I think: Gray knows THIS much about KC. Skipp and I know THIS much about KC. Everyone's checking out KC at the same time. Since Skipp was the liaison with Gray, and I heard he was consulting with him sometimes...I just figured they were still exchanging information. But Skipp decided to cut Gray from the information loop and he didn't tell anyone about it. Not even me.

I found out when Gray released his book. I had a pre-order in at Amazon and it came the day of release. Fine...I read it. Starts out talking about Kenny. It is HEAVILY Kenny...but to my amazement I can tell Gray doesn't have a clue that we're investigating KC's closest associates. There is nothing about them.

So...I ask Skipp Porteous WTF is going on? He tells me he kept Gray in the dark. Well, fuckin' A bubba, that's great. While I'm on a search for the frickin' truth on KC, you cut out the guy who actually investigated him first. Why didn't you keep him updated? Maybe HE could have interviewed some of the same people I did and then maybe I wouldn't be left holding the bag without support from a second source!

Do you see where the screw-up here is? And why I had to keep investigating KC on my own? That sucked. Maybe if we'd all worked together, I told Porteous...etc. He later apologized for doing that. But it was too late. Now you have two books out there, one ABOUT KC, the other covering him quite a bit...and NEITHER is complete. Neither comes to a definite conclusion. So time was wasted settling the KC question once and for all. You can understand I was pissed off for a while about this whole situation. I shut down my editing business for more than a year (pays a LOT more than anything Cooper LOL) and had to keep traveling around and interviewing people, etc.

After that all happened, I provided Gray with every file we had on KC, and I mean EVERYTHING. I keep him updated, even today. I think he's moved on from DB Cooper, though.

Non-Cooper:
Microslave (er...I mean MicroSOFT) is developing their HoloLens device. It can't be explained. Just watch the amazing video on how it will work. This is sci-fi Future World stuff. Google Glass? LOL. This one is way better.

I told our techie guy Greg I gotta have one of these when they come out.

RobertMBlevins

'Next, Florence, Tina and Alice all picked different facial types fromt the FBI, such as KK-5, KA3-9, AND a few others. But WTF does that mean? Are they close or radically different? Again, GG doesn't say and he makes me crazy with leaving those details out...'

We actually agree on this concept. Gray's book provides more insight than any previous book to events during the hijacking and directly afterward. And yes...he leaves off some important points.

Look let's get down to cases here. We would have figured out (for sure) whether KC was the guy by now if only Skipp Porteous hadn't decided to put the freeze on Gray while Skipp and I were working on the whole KC thing.

Here's the bottom line deal, I think: Gray knows THIS much about KC. Skipp and I know THIS much about KC. Everyone's checking out KC at the same time. Since Skipp was the liaison with Gray, and I heard he was consulting with him sometimes...I just figured they were still exchanging information. But Skipp decided to cut Gray from the information loop and he didn't tell anyone about it. Not even me.

I found out when Gray released his book. I had a pre-order in at Amazon and it came the day of release. Fine...I read it. Starts out talking about Kenny. It is HEAVILY Kenny...but to my amazement I can tell Gray doesn't have a clue that we're investigating KC's closest associates. There is nothing about them.

So...I ask Skipp Porteous WTF is going on? He tells me he kept Gray in the dark. Well, fuckin' A bubba, that's great. While I'm on a search for the frickin' truth on KC, you cut out the guy who actually investigated him first. Why didn't you keep him updated? Maybe HE could have interviewed some of the same people I did and then maybe I wouldn't be left holding the bag without support from a second source!

Do you see where the screw-up here is? And why I had to keep investigating KC on my own? That sucked. Maybe if we'd all worked together, I told Porteous...etc. He later apologized for doing that. But it was too late. Now you have two books out there, one ABOUT KC, the other covering him quite a bit...and NEITHER is complete. Neither comes to a definite conclusion. So time was wasted settling the KC question once and for all. You can understand I was pissed off for a while about this whole situation. I shut down my editing business for more than a year (pays a LOT more than anything Cooper LOL) and had to keep traveling around and interviewing people, etc.

After that all happened, I provided Gray with every file we had on KC, and I mean EVERYTHING. I keep him updated, even today. I think he's moved on from DB Cooper, though.

Non-Cooper:
Microslave (er...I mean MicroSOFT) is developing their HoloLens device. It can't be explained. Just watch the amazing video on how it will work. This is sci-fi Future World stuff. Google Glass? LOL. This one is way better.

I told our techie guy Greg I gotta have one of these when they come out.

Skippy sounds like a wonderful fellow.

'Skippy sounds like a wonderful fellow.'

He is. One mistake does not a bad fellow make. His other work more than made up for his decision to keep Geoff Gray out of the information loop on Christiansen.

You quoted all of that and this was your only comment? Skippy is a brand of peanut butter. Skipp Porteous is a guy who ran a successful PI business out of New York City for many years. He made a confidentiality decision regarding Gray. I did not agree with it. Have no illusions. This is the only place we ever really disagreed about the investigation into Kenny Christiansen.

I can be an easy forgiver. When I balanced the information he provided against that one decision he made back in 2009, I don't have a problem today about it. He apologized and we moved on. The only difference being I had to assume more of the road work. Maybe it was better that way. :)

thousandthings

***"..... I mean even McCoy types were carrying real weapons.....

"

Actually, Mac's 45 was empty and the grenade was a dummy paperweight. Yah, real, but non-functional. Mac said the guy sitting across the isle was a big football type that could have taken him out in a second and he was scared to death that he might! A lot of little facts are hidden in the FBI training film of his hijacking, like wing tip shoes on the FBI Agent delivering the money... Mac helped make the film, if that gives you any clues.

Bob Knoss

Gosh..this Cooper case is a labyrinth and I aint a Cooper royalty ...I seriously have no clue what are you taking about...help me understand where can I read more about what u saying...the film etc.

It's make believe, pure fantasy.
Delusions of grandeur and all.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

If Gray didn't state that someone else did. Maybe it was in a private communication, but the story I was told about what Alice said is ALL BUNK! I know that for a FACT!

She didn't see a sweater that supposedly Cooper put on in the lavatory. She disclaimed the story that was either in Grey's book or in an email sent to me.

I did not fabricate that story.

Perhaps it was mentioned by someone in this thread...if it is not in the book - WHO made that claim? Definite not Jo Weber.

Now that I am home perhaps I can locate the source, but not for a few days. I have been keeping up with the thread thru a computer in the hotels.

Now you guys know I have NOT been home......! Now I am!

Time for some truths to be told by a lot of individuals who had done nothing but create myths.

KC was NOT Cooper!

ALL bunk1

Such as the story on page 105.

Duane was not ashen and his face was NOt swollen when he was in the hospital.

5 days - not true.

In a wheel chair - not until the last 2 days.

Smoking Salem - again bunk and not true.

I never considered an obit or his story, because I did not grasp what he told me until 1 yr and 3 months after his death.

Duane's abdomen had been swollen for yrs because of the over sized one kidney that had been doing all of the work.

The story Duane told me was 9 days before he died and he was complete co-herent and had been refusing to take the morphine for 2 days.

When I found morphine tablet under his pillow wrapped in tissue was 3 days before he died - and stupid me told the nurse and then for the final 3 days of his life they made him stick his tongue out to be sure he swallowed the pills.

The confession was only after he refused diaylysis after not taking the med.

That was nine days before he died.

Gray made up a lot of his story & got an awful lot of the information I shared with him screwed up.

Duane's last words on the bottom of page 106 are the only things he did not change.
Duane's last words are the only thing he got right. I Love You was his final words.

Gray did not tell the truth!....He wrote a book and that is all he did - and most of it was fiction and some of the truths are so screwed up it is dreadful.

Grey's book made lots of things up.

My daughter believed what I told & I had an active life even upon finding out 1 yr and 3 months after Duane's confession who Dan Cooper was. Remember I ACED the Fl realestate exam before I found out who Dan Cooper was!

I did relative well in the business until I retired in 2004 when my new husband became very ill and I needed to devote more time to his needs. He died in 2007.

You know...if you would stop speaking for the FBI regarding Christiansen...I wouldn't have to keep re-posting some of the messages I received, or quote phone calls I got from the Seattle FBI about Christiansen

They have already told me not once, but twice, that some in the Seattle office think he's a good suspect, while other agents believe there are better suspects. That is very fair, in my opinion, and probably reflects the reality of the situation.

They also said he had not been eliminated as a suspect. If you want, I will drag out the emails again...

In January, I gave them another way out if they wanted. I told them we had developed a new, and more updated report on KC. Would they like to see it, I asked. I figured if they had decided KC was totally worthless as a suspect, they would have declined. This is what they said:

"Send it along when ready..."

I don't like to rub it in, but Duane's the only one lately besides Marla Cooper's uncle who has been officially dismissed as a suspect by the Seattle FBI...not Christiansen. Still, I am one of the few around here who doesn't claim a suspect is 'for sure' DB Cooper. Because I know that claim has not been proven as yet. On the other hand, you keep telling everyone that Duane was the hijacker but you haven't presented a single named witness who can corroborate even a PIECE of your claim. Not one, not anyone who can be contacted. You just don't give people anything realistic to go on.

Even though I didn't release the final report on KC publicly, I know there are copies of the original, shorter, (and slightly inaccurate) report out there. But there ARE names and locations attached to that report. If anyone really wanted to do so, they could probably use the old report to contact at least a portion of the witnesses.

If you had any evidence, it is no longer in existence. Not to say Duane wasn't the hijacker. Yes, he could be. But unless you can provide something solid to go on...how do ever expect to prove this allegation that Duane was Cooper? This is not my fault, or anyone's fault but yours. Maybe you should have done a book, or worked with the media. Maybe THEY could have assisted you. Your refusal to do that and stand alone with your claim makes it difficult to support you.

Kenny Christiansen may not be DB Cooper, but by God we surely presented a good amount of evidence against him, and against Bernie Geestman. Not enough to convict. But enough for people to take notice. Twelve different witnesses. Documents and pictures, some of which have not been made public. Mucho testimony. Names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers provided. Excuse me, but when have you ever done such a thing in your effort to prove Duane was the guy? You say you are afraid of lawsuits, etc. sometimes. We've done WAY worse. A book, articles galore with pictures and real names and the towns where they live.

And yet four years later there is not a peep out of anyone we named with any type of legal threats, phone calls to our office, requests to cease and desist, etc. Nothing, nada, nobody, no how. And even if someone did that, then they have to prove we're telling lies about them...which means they would have to answer possibly difficult questions to prove their case. Am I worried about any of this? NO.

And some people HAVE taken notice of our efforts...I am starting to receive messages from some of the folks who were given the final report on Christiansen.

Robert99

Still, I am one of the few around here who doesn't claim a suspect is 'for sure' DB Cooper.

Blevins,

You are quite a joker. Have you read the back side of the dust cover for your book on KC?

Robert99

Yes, I have.

Here's a quote from the cover letter included with the new report on Kenny Christiansen:

'If there are differences between the book we published on Christiansen, ‘Into the Blast,’ and this report, the report is the much more accurate source. At the time of publication of the book, some key elements had not yet come to light, and some minor mistakes appear in it. The book itself should be considered only a general guide on Christiansen, and not a real reference on the evidence against Christiansen. The book was released four years ago and much more was discovered regarding Christiansen and the Geestman couple since that time.

Sincerely yours,
Robert Blevins and Skipp Porteous'

It doesn't matter what Porteous wanted on the back of the book, or the title for that matter. That was his choice. But I am more realistic about the whole thing. I wrote the cover letter myself. I had Porteous sign it.

Since I answered YOUR question Robert99, I have one for you. Are you still going along with...and posting positive responses to...hate-mongering type comments made about me personally...from banned DZ user 'Georger' at the alternate site?

Just wondering. ;) (*Gets real quiet when the tough questions come*)

EDIT: Jo asks...'Is Jack Almstad still alive?'

He was alive three and a half years ago when he did that CBS interview in the Bay Area. He does claim that it was a MAN who actually brought the money on board the aircraft, and that it looked like a pillowcase because he could see angles sticking out of the bag.

This goes against the traditional version, which has stew Tina Mucklow dragging a canvas bank bag aboard, a story seconded by co-pilot Bill Rataczak, who described the bag in detail for NY P.I. Skipp Porteous.

Hmm.

Jo wrote:

Remember I ACED the Fl realestate exam before I found out who Dan Cooper was!

Here is another exam for you Jo, just one question and it's pass fail:

Is there any unambiguous physical evidence now in existence that proves Duane Weber was DB Cooper?

YES?
NO?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I could not make out the pics from the negatives...the ones of the woods we could not make out.

This one pictures shows Duane and another person outside of the insurance company he was working for. I do not know who the other man was.

This is the best that can be pulled from the old negatives...

What the hell is that in the back ground.

Supposedly Cooper had on his raincoat - a black one. The raincoat - it was never mentioned if he removed it.

With a raincoat on Duane's legs would have been concealed...

If the suit was black why has there never been a mention of what Cooper did with his raincoat...did he leave it on and/or did he put it on before jumping...Tina - looked back. What did she see - the raincoat has been conveniently erased from the stories told.

Anyone know the details.

Blevins, if you add ONE more detail that was not disclosed by JO to the FBI yrs ago and in this thread - YOU will hear me SCREAM all the way to WA.

Everytime I mentioned anything - you conveniently have incorporated it in to your story.....IF YOU TOUCH THE RAIN COAT - YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Check out the pics and remember what I said.

Two pic I could not down load from the source - so someone in this thread has been asked to help me. I do not know if he was able to download them from me to him in an email.

I haven't been able to download the pics from a disk where they put old negatives on the CD...

I can make them show on my computer, but can't save them or print them.

I am a complete idiot when it come to things like this - at least a few yrs ago I could mess with it & manage to do a pretty decent job...not anymore!

I have a pic I took of Duane, but it was disposed of many yrs ago. I kept the negatives - the man scanned the negatives & put the pics on a CD. I only want 2 of those on the thread...The 1990 approximate side view.

He would not let me do a profile, but he was distracted & didn't realize I was taking the picture... he did not want it in the album...so the print was destroyed...I knew there was this old profile & different than the prison files...The tilt of the head & the angle of the person viewing Cooper is very important. If someone should walk by Cooper sitting in the seat - the slant of the forehead would appear to someone unfamiliar with this to be a balding pattern.

I have tried to explain this before but NO ONE HEARD ME UNTIL NOW!

This pic was taken in Early Spring or early fall because he has on a jacket - light weight. He has a full mustach & his hair was all messed up & white headed...we were at a flea market.

This was really good of his complexion as it would have been some what lighter in Nov. He was in end stage kidney failure for 5 yrs... Age has something to do with our skin tanning differently & the tones & colors...

I have tried and tried to get the pic off of the disk and onto the site, but NO CAN DO!

I attempted to send them to 377 to see if he could isolate the photo from the disc & load it for me.

We will see!

I give up trying to do it myself.

There is another photo of Duane standing with another man..seem to remember posting it before. No longer have the print - 17 yrs with junk hanging around & getting old - things just disappear!

The picture we discussed before what was to the right & in the back ground or even where it was taken...I believe and where it might have been taken.

I never knew if that company had offices in the MidWest or in the West...I believe they were strickly out of the Al, Fl, Lousiana, Ga, S.Carolina, N. Carolina, Texas, Ak, Miss., Ks and Ms.

I am not going to look it up - they could have been every where...but, I am curious where that picture was made & what was in the background. There is an AMERICAN flag so I thought post office...but that is just a little to OPEN for a post office. There is a tower in the background, but I do NOT know one tower from the other.

Took a lot of time & eye strain to find pics from negatives - 50 yrs of negatives to find 2 specific photos not in the album & long forgotten with the printed photo long disposed of.

Some were not what I thought they were but the two in question I wanted to be posted to the thread.

The men outside of an American Income Ins office & what is behind it.
The other was a photo that shows even at 75 he had a head full of hair - white but,with texture having changed.

I am experiencing that myself - it just flys away - there is NO controlling old white hair in humid Fl.

I also noted from viewing ALL of the photo that Duane did NOT grow his mustach until late 1981 - WONDER WHY?

The money was found in 1980 & that opened the case up wide with lots of pictures & articles all over the next few yrs. I hated mustaches, but he did NOT shave it off until about 2 or 3 yrs before he died...I had forgot what he looked like without the mustach.

'Blevins, if you add ONE more detail that was not disclosed by JO to the FBI yrs ago and in this thread - YOU will hear me SCREAM all the way to WA.

Everytime I mentioned anything - you conveniently have incorporated it in to your story.....IF YOU TOUCH THE RAIN COAT - YOU WILL REGRET IT.'

I have no idea what you told the FBI about anything. Like you, I do have pictures, though. Only sometimes they have dates and clues on them that can lead you to where, when, and by whom they were taken.

For example, here is Kenny Christiansen in a picture that is stamped FEB 72 across the bottom front of the original. (Refers to the the date the picture was developed, and is placed there by the company who developed the negative.)

However...the Christmas wreath on the door leads us to believe it was actually taken between Thanksgiving and Christmas of 1971 and developed the following year. The location was identified as the Rainier View Apartments, Sumner, WA, Apt. J-3. I have seen this place personally and it still exists under the same name. It could even have been taken BEFORE Thanksgiving, but probably not long before the start of the traditional holiday season.

The biggest questions are WHO took the picture, and WHY? We already know for certain that Christiansen lived alone at this particular residence. Yet...someone snapped it as he was entering the apartment. But...he has no key in his hand, although he looks a little surprised. Very strange. We think the photographer was his friend Bernie Geestman, and that the photo was a purposely-staged memento. We do NOT believe the bag and briefcase Christiansen holds are the actual items used in the hijacking. Repeat: NOT the actual items. But it is very coincidental that he is dressed similarly to the hijacker for such a picture, carrying those items, and taken around the time of the hijacking.

Well...and it looks like he's maybe wearing a black raincoat...more of a topcoat. It's too long to be a suit jacket. ;)

EDIT: Looking at the pose in the picture, the door is fully open. Both of Christiansen's hands are occupied. There is no set of keys visible in the lock, or in his hand. He is not seen pushing open the door.

Conclusion: Staged photograph, most likely. Reason unknown.