10 10
quade

DB Cooper

That in story sounded like it came out of a book written by a kid... comical & unbelievable with no connection to reality.

This part of Blevins story was the most absurd senario presented. Ha Ha Ha by D.B.Cooper should have included that in thei book.

Sorry Blevins, but the girl who told you that story - is taking you for a ride. Seemingly deliberately!

That story caused critical damage to the credibility of the rest of the story. Sounds like they are laughing behind your back and /or just trying to make an idiot out of you....[:/]

They succeeded! So sorry.[:/]:|

I get ripped apart for repeating 1st hand information. I try not to fabricate anything..

Regarding the seating arrangement on the plane - that Robt99 slammed me with - I actually have never thought about it. Because Duane was left handed I assumed left side of the plane..I can't downpictures of diagrams & I did not find one in a book.

The Galley was on the left side and behind that was a door on some of the 727's along with a door just behind the cabin.
Then there was the aft stairs - that is a lot of holes for one airplane.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

That in story sounded like it came out of a book written by a kid... comical & unblievable with no connection to reality.

This part of Blevins story was the most absurd senario presented. Ha Ha Ha by D.B.Cooper should have included that in the book.

Sorry Blevins, but the girl who told you that story - is taking you for a ride. Seemingly deliberately!

That story caused critical damage to the credibility of the rest of the story. Sounds like they are laughing behind your back and /or just trying to make an idiot out of you....[:/]

They succeeded! So sorry.[:/]:|

Big judgment on people you haven't met or spoken to. They seemed REAL concerned during the few hours we were going over the draft copy of the KC report. Everyone was pretty serious about the whole thing. Trust me...they are not laughing about this. They understand that the FBI may want to speak to them in person.

You think that's a joke? That this is funny? I had to speak to the FBI (in person) just once in my life, when they questioned me about someone I knew. It is not funny and they can bring your butt to Jesus really fast. Not only do I believe this woman and her family are being truthful, I think they are in a sticky situation family-wise. She's Bernie Geestman's niece. That's right...she's the daughter of previous witness Dawn Androsko.

You see, Jo...after I interviewed Androsko, there was some family talk here and there, but nothing came of it until the Decoded show aired. Bernie Geestman didn't tell anyone in his family he was going on television. So...surprise...they see him telling the Decoded cast that Kenny could be the hijacker. But some of THEM knew perfectly well that he was with Kenny the whole week of the hijacking. They didn't even know about the book. They bought it and then started following Dropzone. Then they finally called me on the phone and we met in person. Also some phone calls. I put them onto Helen Jones for more details and gave them the copy of the report after we discussed it over a restaurant table for a few hours. The rest is history.

No worries. Either the FBI will sort this out, or the media will. I have faith this will happen one way or another.

That sure does not look like the last old 727 I took to Atlanta in 2007 - the galley was in the very back on the left side....I guess they were indiviually set up for the airlines buying them or modifications made at a later dates. I was told I was on a 727, doesn't mean I was ACTUALLY on a 727.

Duane & I were definitely on two 727's - previously - One between 1978 and 1979 because we were going to a wedding in Atlanta. This was the trip he mentioned the flaps & the air speeds & tried to explain what they did to the plane. He knew every sound the plane made and told me what it was.

The other one was in the 80's as we were going to St. Croix... We flew out of Florida & back in a 727, but do not remember where we changed planes to broad the puddle jumper to St. Croix.

Please ROBT 99 you will even try to make something out of this. Just go back to when my mind was clear...I discussed all of this in detail with the thread. NOW I have forgotten many things & this is happening rapidly recently - each time I go under or experience trama - I loose a little more of myself.

Sorry but this has me crying & getting upset...I am can no longer remember the details of that trip....I can't go until the truths are known.

YOU Robt99 - LEAVE me alone. I hope someone drives you to a stroke...the way you do me.

My eyes are quivering lately & my chest hurts - like my heart is quivering, but no one pays any attention....the symptoms are gone by the time I get to the Dr.s office.

RobertMBlevins

I would say any further responsibility on determining whether her testimony is valid now falls into the lap of the Seattle FBI.

Blevins,

As I understand it, you feel your job is to make the allegations. Then you pass the buck to the FBI.

Of course you will continue to try to sell your screen play, "KC is Cooper", to anyone who is dumb enough to pay five bucks for it.

Robert99

Robert99

I would say any further responsibility on determining whether her testimony is valid now falls into the lap of the Seattle FBI.

Blevins,

As I understand it, you feel your job is to make the allegations. Then you pass the buck to the FBI.

Of course you will continue to try to sell your screen play, "KC is Cooper", to anyone who is dumb enough to pay five bucks for it.

Robert99

My job in this has always been the same. Find out everything I can about Kenny Christiansen, make sure it's accurate, and then submit this information to the Seattle FBI. You have a problem with that? If so, I can't figure out why.

There is no screenplay for sale. There have been some discussions about it, but they are premature. In fact, there can't BE any screenplay because the truth on Kenny has not yet been determined. If Kenny turned out to be the hijacker, then of course someone is going to do a film on his life. But that point is moot until the truth about him is discovered.

My advice is you stop listening to the hate-monger over at that other site and go with your own mind. It's your opinion that Kenny wasn't Cooper, I know that. And I don't blame you. It is unproven. On the other hand, I don't enjoy reading things saying I'm a liar, or a hoaxer, or simply make things up when it suits me. Don't you think that would be a pretty stupid thing to do with the Seattle FBI? They might get a little pissed off at me. If they decide to go checking on the report, they will find everything I related is perfectly truthful on my end. You also keep trying to relate our investigation into Kenny as being solely about money...when the evidence shows I have repeatedly TURNED DOWN money offered to me that relates to this investigation.

Remember, Robert...I'm not a member of law enforcement.
That means I can gather the information but there isn't a lot I can do with it except provide it to law enforcement, possibly the media. That is not 'passing the buck'. That is 'going through channels'. All we're doing here is trying to find out what 'the deal' is with Kenny Christiansen. No one is trying to force square pegs into round holes to 'make' him into the hijacker. The FBI would see through that easily, anyway. And it would be a poor method of reaching the truth on Kenny.

The thing I said a while ago still applies: Once Bernie Geestman's family came forward, started discussing things among themselves, etc. it was only a matter of time before the truth comes out on KC one way or another. What that truth will be I haven't a clue yet. Not for sure. No one does.

But I have a comment for the hate-based folks: You'd better hope that this witness who allegedly saw Kenny constructing what looked like a bomb is either lying or wrong...and that the Seattle FBI doesn't know red tape was used in its construction. Because if it turns out she's telling the truth, and the FBI knows about the tape...the FBI will take her seriously. And then after they talk to her and her mother, they will drive to Port Angeles and question Bernie Geestman. And perhaps call up Dave Thomson at the bank in Winthrop and ask for Margie Geestman's current address.

Speaking of the extended family of Bernie Geestman, I received a message from them today. (They got a copy of the new report as a courtesy) They said they understand they may have to talk to the Seattle FBI. They are aware that their testimony and contact information was included in the report, and that the FBI has received this report.

Blevins wrote

You'd better hope that this witness who allegedly saw Kenny constructing what looked like a bomb is either lying or wrong...and that the Seattle FBI doesn't know red tape was used in its construction. Because if it turns out she's telling the truth, and the FBI knows about the tape...the FBI will take her seriously.

If the red tape allegedly used on the "bomb" sticks was seen and the FBI recorded it in a witness interview, but did not publicize it, then you may have a point Robert. I'd expect wrapped red tape would look phony and defeat the purpose of the fake bomb. You'd see the overlapped lines of tape.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Blevins wrote

You'd better hope that this witness who allegedly saw Kenny constructing what looked like a bomb is either lying or wrong...and that the Seattle FBI doesn't know red tape was used in its construction. Because if it turns out she's telling the truth, and the FBI knows about the tape...the FBI will take her seriously.

If the red tape allegedly used on the "bomb" sticks was seen and the FBI recorded it in a witness interview, but did not publicize it, then you may have a point Robert. I'd expect wrapped red tape would look phony and defeat the purpose of the fake bomb. You'd see the overlapped lines of tape.

You know, I've thought of that too. But if you used road flares it would even be worse. Those have writing on them and are pretty recognizable. When I talked to these folks, I got the idea she wasn't making this stuff up. I don't know. I just hope the Seattle FBI goes and talks to some of these witnesses. They are mostly local anyway, except for Bernie Geestman. And Margaret, I suppose.

She's a little afraid to talk to the FBI not because she's necessarily lying...but because it's a family thing and Bernie is her uncle. But she said she will do it. That makes her either very brave or very stupid. Since other members of her family have already verified parts of what happened with Bernie and Kenny the week of the hijacking...things I already found out from Helen Jones and Margie Geestman...I feel good about this witness. Takes some guts to go witness with the Feds against your own uncle. And she understands that is exactly what this is about. The idea that she says this happened at the Geestman place tells me I may have been right when I said the planning for the hijacking was probably done there, rather than at Kenny's apartment down in Sumner.

I also told these people that anytime they felt comfortable with it, they should just bypass me and go straight to the media with their story. I think they also know more about what happened (now) then they did at the start when they all watched the Decoded program. I know they've been comparing notes a lot about the whole thing. I also told them they could use the report I gave them as a reference with the media if they wished. The only way to the truth here, in my mind, was to turn them loose with everything and see what shakes loose from the tree. I suspect that by now they know more about what happened then they did in January 2011. Hopefully, they will fill in the FBI on some details.

Blevins wrote

lol.... I do believe we have once again come full circle. I remember on this very forum when being red alone was enough to get it labeled phony.

Let's see...we're not going to use road flares cause they have the caps and stuff and and even stewardesses might recognize that a red flare is not dynamite because it looks well, more like a flare, So..... let's wrap these coin rolls in red tape to make them look like dynamite, except everyone knows that dynamite is not red. How do I know that? Cause I read it right here on this forum -- that's why we know the bomb was probably fake anyway, because it was red.

Okay I'm being a little facetious but this is just one more example of how logic can get all twisted around when folks start speculating on the life and time of DB Cooper.

My bet is more that she saw something and her imagination has taken over from there, and this is going to be one more balloon that goes bust in the KC = DB Cooper saga, but only time will tell.........or not.

Just dropping by.... hope everyone is doing well...
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

"...lol.... I do believe we have once again come full circle. I remember on this very forum when being red alone was enough to get it labeled phony.

Let's see...we're not going to use road flares cause they have the caps and stuff and and even stewardesses might recognize that a red flare is not dynamite because it looks well, more like a flare, So..... let's wrap these coin rolls in red tape to make them look like dynamite, except everyone knows that dynamite is not red. How do I know that? Cause I read it right here on this forum -- that's why we know the bomb was probably fake anyway, because it was red.

Okay I'm being a little facetious but this is just one more example of how logic can get all twisted around when folks start speculating on the life and time of DB Cooper.

My bet is more that she saw something and her imagination has taken over from there, and this is going to be one more balloon that goes bust in the KC = DB Cooper saga, but only time will tell.........or not.

Hey Smok, good to see you are still around.

It was Himmelsbach who said that he thought the bomb was phony because the alleged dynamite sticks were red. However, a simple Google Image search, or a search of informational databases on the explosive shows it can be tan, red, or even orange-red.

The real point here is whether Geestman's niece is telling the truth on what she claims she saw Christiansen doing. As those of you know who have seen the Decoded episode, Geestman was the last one to appear on the show. And it happened that the niece and some of her grown-up kids were watching the show. She relates this story to them, but no one says anything about it for over a year, not to me anyway.

This family, although they aren't the CLOSEST family I've ever met, were caught in a situation here. Some of them knew Geestman was with Kenny the week of the hijacking. So...they wondered why Geestman would basically toss Kenny under the bus. They started doing their own research, going down Memory Lane, comparing notes, etc.

This is normal, since Uncle Bernie was family. Now...surprise...he's being accused of being an accomplice to the Cooper hijacking. And he didn't even bother telling anyone he was going on the show.

I would like to point out something here. Since that show aired, I found out that when Geestman claimed he was at Kenny's deathbed, that this was another lie. He called on the phone. Kenny asked for privacy. They spoke for a few minutes. Kenny was completely bedridden at this point and died a few days later. I suspect that Geestman called him to find out if Kenny was going to make a last-minute confession. Family members of Geestman's have verified that he and Kenny had not spoken in many years when Kenny died. So why did he suddenly call at the last minute? Then he goes on Decoded years later and tells the cast Kenny could be the hijacker. I can FIRMLY ESTABLISH with multiple witnesses, including his own family members, that Geestman was out with Kenny for a week over the period of the hijacking.

I don't need to have this spelled out for me...what happened here. Geestman did not know when he went on TV that witnesses had already placed him with Kenny that week. Otherwise...I don't think he would have volunteered Kenny as possibly being the hijacker. In fact, he could have stopped the whole damn show in its tracks simply by offering a reasonable alibi for Kenny, which he failed to do. Ask yourself why. I did.

So did his own family.

I think the bottom line here is that we have established enough evidence now, and have enough witnesses willing to speak to the FBI, that we think the FBI should talk to them. Hopefully they will. That's all I really ask of them, and I don't see anything wrong with that concept. You may be firm in the belief that it couldn't have been Christiansen, and that Bernie Geestman was not an accomplice. But even if you don't like me personally, you have to admit we've given the FBI a lot more to go on than any previous suspect who has been actively investigated. They should be able to determine the truth here, with the tools they were provided. And I am willing to answer any of the questions they might have about the investigation and the report that accompanied it.

EDIT: On a more personal note, I am frankly tired of investigating Christiansen. I gave the Seattle FBI the tools to at least do a cursory check, maybe compare Lyle's DNA profile to the partials, maybe talk to a few people. If they don't pick up on it there's nothing I can do and our investigation into Christiansen is CLOSED.

smokin99

Dropping by with not only logic but facts. Anyone remember how the stewardess described the "dynamite" ?

How was the color described?

I know the answer, but does Blevins & others who have let time & stories twist facts.

I am sitting here in pain with a smirk on my face. RED!? Really!?

IN 1971, what colors did tape come in around the early 70's era?????

DEFINITELY not in the color the stewardess described - very, very specifically.

Blevins crossed the line on this one & so did his "witnesses". Any agent with an ounce of knowledge would not waste their time inteviewing that woman...and if Blevin swallowed it - he has a really BIG problem.

Blevins this is the best example ever presented of how your story continues to evolve....IF this person actually believes her story - & your knowledge of the case is that poor - perhaps you need to rethink your book.

Either you are leading the pack or they are leading you around like a puppy with a leash that will soon be offered up for slaughter.

Just your telling this story is absurd. When you figure this out - then your next post will be that she is retracting her story & thinks perhaps she was mistaken...

Every jumper out there & those who have researched the 1971 skyjacking know exactly what I am getting at...

Blevins if you are swallowing this stuff you are being fed - then you are one sick sick puppy. But then I believe you are manipulating these statements about your witnesses. Your story just keeps EVOLVING!

Do you think the truths are so buried
that the readers will never know what is fact & what is fiction. You believe that with repetition you can convince the public & the FBI that your subject is Cooper!

Anyone who knows anything about his case is having a real belly laugh about your dynamite story!

Blevins - Check in at the REALITY HOTEL!

I wasn't going to say one word until Smoking99 dropped by - now I just have to DO IT!

How did Tina describe the bomb? Her description is very important.....Perhaps she has viewed various items from 1971 that where available & asked to point out the closest item. Why would the FBI do this after the fact.
Well, think - WHO sold it to Cooper?

In order to track down the source the FBI needed to know what they were looking for. Do you think the FBI just went around asking if anyone bought dynamite? The FBI while in flight did ask her to describe the color - but, the FBI could not be certain it was NOT dynamite until Tina could point out similar items at a later date.

Nah! Jo is just making this up. Yea! I am sure that is what some of you newbies think!

Read Read Read go back to BASICS.

RobertMBlevins

EDIT: On a more personal note, I am frankly tired of investigating Christiansen. I gave the Seattle FBI the tools to at least do a cursory check, maybe compare Lyle's DNA profile to the partials, maybe talk to a few people. If they don't pick up on it there's nothing I can do and our investigation into Christiansen is CLOSED.

Yes Blevins you need to stop NOW!
The FBI doesn't have to lift one finger & they are not going to do so regarding KC.

You have been recreating your story since you came to the DZ...and it continues to evolve to the point it is ridiculous such as the plastic tape bombs.......:|

I do not usually come down on you, but it is time for you to think! Not one time have you asked any family member to search through old photos of family get-to-gethers and talk about the history of their families...Those who know are NOT talking to you. Bernie Geestman and his exwife.

If they are not deceased they are in a nursing home...or living with a family member! Margie is in CA or maybe she is in FLA. Geestman - are you sure he is still alive and a viable person? You humilitated these seniors who now feel they have to spend the rest of their lives behind closed doors. Duane did know Geestman and Margie - that is the hook that got me. The names of the people I had been looking for - but, I knew about these individuals from 101 & I had met Margie in Pensacola, Fl. at The Peddlar Shoppe around 1993. It was before he moved the shop to Davis Hwy.

The man she was here with may not have been Mr. Geestman...but Duane asked about Kenny and she was waiting for the other person to arrive.

This other person who had drove down in a pick-up and she flew down to meet in Pensacola. The man who she was meeting had a family member living in the area.

YOU NEVER provide a picture of Margie for that time frame and you never asked if she had a suit that color and if she was in FL around that time....the woman you are getting all your information from used to know the answers to all of my question...

Did Margie still have a relationship with Geestman in 1993 or did she have a boyfriend.

skyjack71

How did Tina describe the bomb? Her description is very important.

Here is an entry in the "FBI Notes" for 7:55 PM PST with Tina back in the cockpit.

"MSPFO asked for stewardess best recollection of exact content of HJ briefcase. She got on radio [this would be the radio patch to MSP thru the ARINC network] and gave following basic information:

- Eight red sticks, about 6" by 1" in left corner of briefcase, 'look like big firecrackers.' Two rows of sticks, four on top of four.

- Wire attached to dynamite with red insulation.

- Battery 'like flashlight battery, but about 6" high and as big around as my arm.'

- Red sticks are about the color 'of my uniform.' "

My interpretation of Tina's remarks are that the sticks and the battery were about the same length. The battery was probably the same kind as Sluggo has pictured on his web page. Perhaps the battery's length can be found more accurately and provide a more accurate estimate of the length of the sticks.

The wires that ran from the battery to the sticks had red insulation.

And the color of the sticks was about the same shade of red as Tina's uniform. Himmelsbach looked at a NWA stewardess' uniform and got the impression that Tina might be describing road flares.

Robert99

Jo...you make a lot of assumptions on people you've never interviewed, never met, and never spoken to...

I already said I gave a heads-up to Geestman's family that the report they were provided was also forwarded to the Seattle FBI. So...they know the deal here. They understand they might be contacted. They thanked me for the heads-up.

I also received a message from one of the cast members from Decoded...thanking me for my doggedness on this case and exposing one lie after another by Bernie Geestman.

Look Jo...the FBI already checked out Weber and found him lacking as a suspect in the case. I don't know how they came to that conclusion, but they did. In the case of Kenny Christiansen, they told me a few months back to go ahead and send the report on Kenny and Company when it was ready. So I did.

The only difference this time is because I have trust issues with some of the interested parties in this case, I have chosen NOT to make that report public at this time.

But these folks brought this on themselves with their hateful actions, even more hateful posts...some of which continue to the present day. Personally, I wish this was not the case because I would love nothing better than to post that report up publicly and let people have at it. All 74 pages of it.

Unfortunately, some of you have agendas which don't necessarily include a search for the truth on Christiansen. You have OTHER issues. PERSONAL issues. So I had to cut you from the information loop.

That is not my fault, but YOURS.

And you know who you are. So if you are pissed off because you don't know everything we know on Christiansen and Company, blame yourself. Your actions forced me to stop going public. More than 20 people, including some media, now have possession of the report. The reason you don't see it, or hear about it is because the difference between some of you and THEM is that THEY can be trusted to behave in a polite fashion and look at facts...rather than going on the attack.

I'm sorry, but that's the way it is for now. I will keep everyone updated if there is any response by the Seattle FBI or the media. I will promise that.

Robert99

Blevins,

Robert99

I don't get this...may be caz I am fairly new to the forum...anyways so someone thinks KC was Cooper and yet other thinks it was Webber...they have their reasons to think that and have researched on it.

Whether they are right or no only time will tell and even if they are wrong, it might still make a good read...you don't agree, debate, but name calling kinda spoils the fun. One can justify a point but justifying oneself time & again can be needless & painful.

I already don't read posts from a few people on this forum simply caz I find them too aggressive and downright pointless... there's no point adding to that list I guess.

Ms. Jo, that does seem like the typical 727 picture... i didn't get what you are debating about though?

Blevin (you may have already stated this though) ... what is the reason to believe that Cooper was carrying a fake bomb... I mean that is just BALLSY... My reason being, it seem to go contrary to the description of the man who looked like he knew what he was doing instead of "in the heat of the moment"...besides with guns & explosives so readily available why would anyone take that kinda blatant chance. I mean even McCoy types were carrying real weapons.

Although, I remember about a decade or so back some guy tried to hijack an aircraft by wrapping a tennis ball to look like a bomb :D

PS: I have a strong hunch that both these guys (Geetsman & Webber) are culprits and are hiding something...it just may not be this... if you guys or FBI keeps on snooping enough I am sure it'll be uncovered some day and honestly even that would be quite interesting.

thousandthings says in part:

'Blevin (you may have already stated this though) ... what is the reason to believe that Cooper was carrying a fake bomb... I mean that is just BALLSY...'

It was not me who forwarded that idea, but FBI agent Ralph Himmelsbach, one of the first agents to investigate the case. He said that because the sticks seen by the stew were red, that he thought the bomb was fake because mostly dynamite is tan in color. I think he was wrong on that statement, because I have seen many examples of real dynamite in pictures that IS red. I don't know. Himmelsbach also said it was storming the night of the hijacking, but then the official weather reports from PDX (Portland Airport) say THIS. Basically, no storm.

To paraphrase Martin Sheen from the film Apocalypse Now...

'There was so much bullshit in Vietnam, (Cooper case) you needed wings to stay above it...'

I had to include the testimony of Geestman's niece in the report. It is up to the Seattle FBI to decide if she is telling the truth. I think she is, but it is not my opinion that counts.

thousandthings

***See attached picture for the seating arrangements and stew assignments on Flight 305.

which one was Mitchell's seat?

No. 1 is 18 C, his allotted seat. No. 2 may be where he moved to later...yeah ask someone

1K, here's what I know:

There were no "allotted" seats. It was "open seating."

Bill Mitchell sat in 18-B, put his coat in 18-A, and books in 18-C.

The diagram that Bobby provided is a bit misleading, as it shows a more modern version of a 727 than the one Coop skyjacked, which had fewer rows.

Hence, Cooper's Row 18 was the last row in the plane.

Cooper moved twice, as I understand his movements. Initially he sat in the aisle seat, 18-D, to hand the note to Flo, sitting behind him on a galley jump seat. Then he moved over to 18-E to accommodate her as she sat next to him in 18-D for Bomb Inspection.

Then, when she left to seek refuge in the cockpit, Tina sat in 18-D. Cooper stayed in 18-E until he went to the lavatory while the passengers deplane in Sea-Tac.

'The diagram that Bobby provided is a bit misleading, as it shows a more modern version of a 727 than the one Coop skyjacked, which had fewer rows.'

I don't know. It was on Google, an article about the hijacking. And nothing about it points to the identity of the hijacker.

And my name isn't 'Bobby'. Do you still consider yourself to be 'Cooper Royalty'? You wouldn't know how to get decent information from a witness if the book of instructions on how to do so dropped on your head. ;)

You even aligned yourself with Galen Cook...a guy who not only lied about receiving trashy emails about me from my co-author Skipp Porteous...but who surreptitiously snapped photos of Tina Mucklow, copyrighted them, and posted them all over the internet. Your buddy. Your guy.

I will make an exception for your interview with Norman Hayden, the true owner of the parachute that Cooper actually jumped with. That was good. But for now...that's about it.

RobertMBlevins

thousandthings says in part:

It was not me who forwarded that idea, but FBI agent Ralph Himmelsbach, one of the first agents to investigate the case. He said that because the sticks seen by the stew were red, that he thought the bomb was fake because mostly dynamite is tan in color. I think he was wrong on that statement, because I have seen many examples of real dynamite in pictures that IS red. I don't know. Himmelsbach also said it was storming the night of the hijacking, but then the official weather reports from PDX (Portland Airport) say THIS. Basically, no storm.

To paraphrase Martin Sheen from the film Apocalypse Now...

'There was so much bullshit in Vietnam, (Cooper case) you needed wings to stay above it...'

Okay I get it...yeah I don't think so either...I think it is Himmelsbach's Hoover size ego talking. And it did seem like a larger conspiracy to discredit Cooper simply since FBI could not crack the case. How can one man fool an entire organization and thus make claims like he died in the jump and the get a John Doe warrant out just in case...Ridiculous!!

I had to include the testimony of Geestman's niece in the report. It is up to the Seattle FBI to decide if she is telling the truth. I think she is, but it is not my opinion that counts.

hmm... let's see if FBI investigates it further, I am curious to read their reasons if at all.

Robert99

Here is an entry in the "FBI Notes" for 7:55 PM PST with Tina back in the cockpit.

"MSPFO asked for stewardess best recollection of exact content of HJ briefcase. She got on radio [this would be the radio patch to MSP thru the ARINC network] and gave following basic information:

- Eight red sticks, about 6" by 1" in left corner of briefcase, 'look like big firecrackers.' Two rows of sticks, four on top of four.

- Battery 'like flashlight battery, but about 6" high and as big around as my arm.'

My interpretation of Tina's remarks are that the sticks and the battery were about the same length. The battery was probably the same kind as Sluggo has pictured on his web page. Perhaps the battery's length can be found more accurately and provide a more accurate estimate of the length of the sticks.

And the color of the sticks was about the same shade of red as Tina's uniform. Himmelsbach looked at a NWA stewardess' uniform and got the impression that Tina might be describing road flares.

Robert99

Road flares have a cap on top and writing on them. The instructions for use. Even if you take off the plastic cap, there is still the black ignitor on top. Easily recognizable. And they are longer than six inches. Just saying.

Road flares have a cap on top and writing on them. The instructions for use. Even if you take off the plastic cap, there is still the black ignitor on top. Easily recognizable. And they are longer than six inches. Just saying.

Just 'jumping in' with another opinion Robert...

Road flares back then were significantly different than what's available now...for that matter so is Dynamite.

Flares came in at least 3 different lengths giving various burn times. I'm not positive on the exact lengths but 6, 12 & 18 inches is a good guess.

State police & wreckers always used the longest ones. They were a pain because of their length...they would tend to crack and break if bounced around in a car trunk too long spreading the contents all over.

They'd crack open because they were a Paraffin wax coated paper ...just like old dynamite.

The end caps were metal not plastic and once removed you could pop off that little black blob of striker material from the stick...sometimes on cheaper or old flares it would just fall off.

Back then dynamite came in 8 inch sticks 1.25 inches around.

There were 3 different grades 30% 40% 60% - which denoted the amount of nitro inside.

It came in several different colors but the most common was a brownish grocery bag type of thing. I've also seen and used dynamite that was orange and various tones of red.

Popular misconception by people that were unfamiliar with it was the different colors pertained to different grades...they did not.

The thing dynamite and road flares kinda have in common is that they both would tend to get darker in color with age and or improper storage. The chemicals would start leaching into the paper.

They both also had writing on them.

Anyone who's actually handled old dynamite can tell the difference between that and a road flare by sight, touch and smell - however someone who's only frame of reference is Hollywood movies and television shows might easily mistake them at quick glance.

Doing farm work I was rigging dynamite before I could drive a car... I learned the important differences in grades the hard way, when instead of loosening a stump for removal I turned it into half a ton of toothpicks and shattered all the west facing windows in the house.

OOOPS :$

Directing the blast is art & science. Lay a stick of dynamite on the driveway and set it off - all you have is a burn mark...lay a phone book on top of the stick, and you get a 3 foot hole in the concrete.

You can light dynamite on fire and it won't explode it just burns...and shooting it with a pistol to set it off is a Hollywood fantasy. Takes a somewhat faster & focused explosion to set it off - blasting caps work well by design but det-cord which burns at 20,000 FPS is quite effective and cheaper.

Fun stuff!;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

RobertMBlevins

Robert99

I was present when the instructions for building this thing were given to Duane Weber. Bill told Duane to "Go down to Hardware Hank and get some wood dowels and cut them into lengths and PAINT them red. Get some wire and wad it up and throw it in there. You'll need a battery and maybe a clock too. It doesn't have to look real, just enough that someone could believe that it MIGHT be a bomb."

I suspect that this is what Duane did as road flares as a rule are too big to fit the description given by Tina. Duane followed all of the other instructions exactly, so there is no reason to expect he would vary on this important task. This is the real truth of what happened, not speculation based on logic. It was designed to be a demonstration that did not happen. It was revived and used by the FAA under Nixon to persuade Congress to ratify the International Air Piracy Act, which they would not, did not do. Nixon then made it law by Executive Order. And THAT is your real BOMB!! Ask Nick O'Hara to spill the beans. He was in charge. It's a SECRET!! Like Nick says.

Now Mr. Badgerman, McShutter, can claim all the bad things he wants to, since he wants to negate everything I say, but the truth of the matter is that I am telling you what really happened and he is guessing at best, if not fabricating like Blevins. I have no dog in this race except that I believe in total transparency. If it was right to do it, it should be right to 'fess up. If it was wrong, these guys should suffer the consequences. I think it was right. The politicians were wrong to put popularity above safety. If you don't understand this simple fact of truth, you should find a new hobby.

RobertMBlevins

Robert99

Blevins,

Do you understand that Tina was describing what SHE saw in the briefcase?

Under the limited conditions she had to view the items in the briefcase, no one would expect her estimates of 1" in diameter and 6" long to be exactly correct. Which is why I suggested that the battery proposed by Sluggo, if its measurements can be located, would be useful in determining the actual lengths of the sticks.

Further, Tina did not mention the "top" of the sticks or how the wires were connected to the sticks. So don't jump to conclusions.

And it was Himmelsbach, not Tina, that suggested the sticks might be road flares.

Just saying.

Robert99