10 10
quade

DB Cooper

Since Bruce did NOT seem to get the presense in the other thread he expected, seems like all he wants to do is keep this thread from having a conversation with his futile riddles and puzzles. Georger and Blevins just keep on doing the same OLE thing. I tried to introduce a different line of interest - but it has been futile.

Lots of misspelled words last night - so I guess I should have stayed away from the thread. Tonight just having my say during a lull in the storm. Lots of Lightning and rain.
With this much water I am facing some expenses - dirt, men with shovels and wheel barrows. During the lull I stepped out back but did NOT venture to the side of the house...but I think I have a BAD wash out.

The ground was already saturated and my lot slants....Lightning started again and a large thunder bolt.

Bye!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

BruceSmith

"...I've already said everything I needed to say about Marla..."

Ok, Bob, I can accept that.

But what do you want to say about the FBI's handling of the Marla file?

Don't you want to comment on why you think the Bureau said LD Cooper was their best suspect? Don't you want to comment on why they dumped him?

Don't you want to poke around the case a bit and see why the Bureau gave so much weight to a file given to them by a detective such as as Arlen Dorney, a guy who doesn't even know how tall his perp was? And doesn't even care.

Do you care?

Well, sure I care...to a degree. And the answer is I just don't know why the FBI said those things. One reason might be because it wasn't Marla who originally approached the FBI. She used a LEO front person and maybe the FBI originally bought into it for a while.

They gave her the polygraph AFTER the DNA test was a fail. You would think they would do this first. If the DNA test was a fail, why did they ask her for a polygraph afterward? My thought is: To see if she sent them on a wild-goose chase. My thinking is that Marla probably passed the polygraph, which is strange enough in itself. Means she REALLY believes her story, or is possibly working from emotional issues. On one of her Facebook posts she talks about being on Adult Attention Deficit Disorder medications. Who knows? If she had failed the polygraph, it's possible the FBI may have ended up charging her and holding out their hands for the money it took to check her story.

On Facebook, her own brother sees her posts and says, "I'm not going near this one..."

NOTE: He was at the house in Sisters, OR the same weekend.

Her mother and brother and sister have never supported a single item of her story. And that's a real frickin' problem because they were all there for Thanksgiving dinner. Marla said LD didn't leave the home until Saturday, and was badly injured. And no one noticed this except Marla?

Her mother was her only supporter, and just barely. Mother is quoted as saying, 'Years later, I thought maybe LD was DB Cooper...'

But no statements from anyone who was in that little house about comics on a wall, a guy coming back injured, or anything else Cooper-related. Not a single thing. If Marla's father knew LD was the hijacker, there's no way he could keep that a secret from his wife. He said NOTHING to his wife? For decades? He tells his little daughter, but his own wife knows nothing? She's either Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes or just tossing that 'maybe' statement out to the media to save face for her daughter.

The FBI got burned. The exact circumstances on how it came down are confusing. But what happened afterward is not. The Seattle office backed off on their free-and-easy-friendly policy on answering questions related to the Cooper case.

And that...in my opinion...is Marla's doing.

skyjack71

Since Bruce did NOT seem to get the presense in the other thread he expected, seems like all he wants to do is keep this thread from having a conversation with his futile riddles and puzzles. Georger and Blevins just keep on doing the same OLE thing. I tried to introduce a different line of interest - but it has been futile.

Lots of misspelled words last night - so I guess I should have stayed away from the thread. Tonight just having my say during a lull in the storm. Lots of Lightning and rain.
With this much water I am facing some expenses - dirt, men with shovels and wheel barrows. During the lull I stepped out back but did NOT venture to the side of the house...but I think I have a BAD wash out.

The ground was already saturated and my lot slants....Lightning started again and a large thunder bolt.

Bye!

Oh, c'mon, Jo. Join the party!

Why do you think the FBI said LD was DB Cooper, and then three months later dumped him?

"..They gave her the polygraph AFTER the DNA test was a fail. You would think they would do this first..."

Do you know when this was done? Dates? Places? General time lines, such as spring 2011, late 2010, etc?

I would love to know when the DNA was tested. Approximations are fine.

"...My thinking is that Marla probably passed the polygraph, which is strange enough in itself. Means she REALLY believes her story..."

I concur. I believe that Marla believed her story, every bit of it, at least up until the Portland Symposium in November 2011.

Then things got crazy for her shortly afterwards and Act II was a toughie, so she may have lied a bit and finageled. As you have noted she had to cover a lot of holes in her story as the questioning got tougher and more insistent.

She hung up the phone on me December 5, 2011 or so, and has never spoken to me since then. I think her reliability went downhill after that in terms of truthiness.

Oddly, after the heat intensified in early December 2011, she talked a lot more about her sex life and endured the messiness of that even here at the DZ.

I was very proud of her for forging ahead in the face of all the finger-wagging and moral judgements.

Brave girl.

But did she have sex with Curtis Eng? That's what everyone wants to know.

What do you think?

RobertMBlevins

Don't you want to comment on why you think the Bureau said LD Cooper was their best suspect? Don't you want to comment on why they dumped him?

Don't you want to poke around the case a bit and see why the Bureau gave so much weight to a file given to them by a detective such as as Arlen Dorney, a guy who doesn't even know how tall his perp was? And doesn't even care.

Do you care?

Well, sure I care...to a degree. And the answer is I just don't know why the FBI said those things. One reason might be because it wasn't Marla who originally approached the FBI. She used a LEO front person and maybe the FBI originally bought into it for a while.

They gave her the polygraph AFTER the DNA test was a fail. You would think they would do this first. If the DNA test was a fail, why did they ask her for a polygraph afterward? My thought is: To see if she sent them on a wild-goose chase. My thinking is that Marla probably passed the polygraph, which is strange enough in itself. Means she REALLY believes her story, or is possibly working from emotional issues. On one of her Facebook posts she talks about being on Adult Attention Deficit Disorder medications. Who knows? If she had failed the polygraph, it's possible the FBI may have ended up charging her and holding out their hands for the money it took to check her story.

On Facebook, her own brother sees her posts and says, "I'm not going near this one..."

Her mother and brother and sister have never supported a single item of her story. And that's a real frickin' problem because they were all there for Thanksgiving dinner. Marla said LD didn't leave the home until Saturday, and was badly injured. And no one noticed this except Marla?

Her mother was her only supporter, and just barely. Mother is quoted as saying, 'Years later, I thought maybe LD was DB Cooper...'

But no statements from anyone who was in that little house about comics on a wall, a guy coming back injured, or anything else Cooper-related. Not a single thing. If Marla's father knew LD was the hijacker, there's no way he could keep that a secret from his wife. He said NOTHING to his wife? For decades? He tells his little daughter, but his own wife knows nothing? She's either Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes or just tossing that 'maybe' statement out to the media to save face for her daughter.

The FBI got burned. The exact circumstances on how it came down are confusing. But what happened afterward is not. The Seattle office backed off on their free-and-easy-friendly policy on answering questions related to the Cooper case.

You blame Marla? Well of course you would. She was your main
competition now wasn't she! That Bruce omits that is like
omitting the 20th century from world history!

You forget one factoid - your whole gambit on Kenny overlapped
and soon over-shadowed anything Marla was doing. Go back and
read the posts of the time. At length you condemned the FBI
was paying too much attention to, and being duped by ....
Marla vs paying attention to you!

You and Marla go hand-in-glove time-wise as competitors during
the same time period.... duhhhhhh. Or am I missing something?

It was in your interest to take on and defeat Marla.

Play it again Sham Wow.

The facts are the facts whether Bruce sees them or not.

The FBI clammed up as much in response to YOU as they did
because of Marla.

Go back and read your own diatribes on the subject. They prove
the point.

But all of that, is long over with and ancient history. In the
meantime nothing new has emerged, has it? Nor is anything new
likely to surface. Its just RobertMBlevins rehashing things ....
endlessly ... night after dreary night .... day after day ...like
the other lost soul here, named Jo Weber.

You made your mark. It's over and done with, forever. And you
have nothing else to move on to!

georger

Do you care?

You blame Marla? Well of course you would. She was your main competition now wasn't she! That Bruce omits that is like omitting the 20th century from world history!

You forget one factoid - your whole gambit on Kenny overlapped and soon over-shadowed anything Marla was doing. Go back and read the posts of the time. At length you condemned the FBI was paying too much attention to, and being duped by ....Marla vs paying attention to you!

You and Marla go hand-in-glove time-wise as competitors during the same time period.... duhhhhhh. Or am I missing something?

Play it again Sham Wow.

The FBI clammed up as much in response to YOU as they did because of Marla.

Go back and read your own diatribes on the subject. They prove the point.

meantime nothing new has emerged, has it? Nor is anything new likely to surface. Its just RobertMBlevins rehashing things .... endlessly ... night after dreary night .... day after day ...like the other lost soul here, named Jo Weber.

You made your mark. It's over and done with, forever. And you have nothing else to move on to!

Blah, blah, blah. Back to the Phantom Zone for you, I think. We can but hope you cease picking on book collection for kids, the City of Auburn, or anything else that comes into your sights regarding your Blevins Obsession.

I may not always be right, but I will always give it to you straight. Drives you nuts, doesn't it? (*laughs*)

RobertMBlevins

Do you care?

You blame Marla? Well of course you would. She was your main competition now wasn't she! That Bruce omits that is like omitting the 20th century from world history!

You forget one factoid - your whole gambit on Kenny overlapped and soon over-shadowed anything Marla was doing. Go back and read the posts of the time. At length you condemned the FBI was paying too much attention to, and being duped by ....Marla vs paying attention to you!

You and Marla go hand-in-glove time-wise as competitors during the same time period.... duhhhhhh. Or am I missing something?

Play it again Sham Wow.

The FBI clammed up as much in response to YOU as they did because of Marla.

Go back and read your own diatribes on the subject. They prove the point.

meantime nothing new has emerged, has it? Nor is anything new likely to surface. Its just RobertMBlevins rehashing things .... endlessly ... night after dreary night .... day after day ...like the other lost soul here, named Jo Weber.

You made your mark. It's over and done with, forever. And you have nothing else to move on to!

Blah, blah, blah. Back to the Phantom Zone for you, I think. We can but hope you cease picking on book collection for kids, the City of Auburn, or anything else that comes into your sights regarding your Blevins Obsession.

I may not always be right, but I will always give it to you straight. Drives you nuts, doesn't it? (*laughs*)

"Phantom zone? I will always give it to you straight." ?

The only obsession here is you, and the other one.

You just cant stand the truth!

You took on Marla and Cook etc and the FBI on multiple fronts ...
to force attention on your circus act, claiming flawed research
and bungled history by the FBI on everything from Marla to the
Amboy parachute et cetera, Marla was a liar and deceiver, and
100% sound research and moral righteousness for yourself;
even comparing yourself at times to "Tom Kaye" and "Geoff Gray"!

What a crock.

The thread is your record and speaks for itself.

Go back and read your own history, Blevins.

It is very clear now what you did and why. It was very clear at
the time what you were doing and why, and it did not matter to
you who you trampled on. Now you're trying to avoid
responsibility while posting total garbage day after day to
Dropzone.

It's all history, Blevins. It's over with. There will be no 2nd
and 3rd and 4th chance! No more revisions possible!

You made your nest. Now sit in it. You are welcome to it!

The simple and the obvious.
Height, eye color, complexion and hair.

No way in those yrs to make him look at all like Cooper. The only composite she toots is the least likely composite and one none of the witnesses agreed on at all.

skyjack71

The simple and the obvious.
Height, eye color, complexion and hair.

No way in those yrs to make him look at all like Cooper. The only composite she toots is the least likely composite and one none of the witnesses agreed on at all.

All that sounds familiar.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Bruce asked

But did she [Marla] have sex with Curtis Eng? That's what everyone wants to know.

What do you think?

I think not. One wonders why Eng appeared to be such a Marla endorser originally but there are plenty of possible explanations that do not include sex.

Marla gets treated pretty harshly here with a lot of "slut" innuendo eg "twisty butt" and now inferences that she may have had sex with an FBI agent who was investigating her claims.

I don't think she deserves it. She is attractive but that's not grounds for character disparagement. I only saw Marla at the Portland Symposium and she wasn't "twisting" her butt or acting inappropriately with anyone I saw.

I think Blevins did a good job poking holes in Marla's LD story by interviewing family members who were present for LD's Thanksgiving arrival. Blevins (AKA Venom Magnet) gets attacked all the time here, but gets little praise for doing what all the national reporters failed to do: check Marla's story about LD's disheveled injured arrival at the family home right after Norjack. He did check. Nobody would corroborate it.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Bruce asked

But did she [Marla] have sex with Curtis Eng? That's what everyone wants to know.

What do you think?

I think not. One wonders why Eng appeared to be such a Marla endorser originally but there are plenty of possible explanations that do not include sex.

Marla gets treated pretty harshly here with a lot of "slut" innuendo eg "twisty butt" and now inferences that she may have had sex with an FBI agent who was investigating her claims.

I don't think she deserves it. She is attractive but that's not grounds for character disparagement. I only saw Marla at the Portland Symposium and she wasn't "twisting" her butt or acting inappropriately with anyone I saw.

I think Blevins did a good job poking holes in Marla's LD story by interviewing family members who were present for LD's Thanksgiving arrival. Blevins (AKA Venom Magnet) gets attacked all the time here, but gets little praise for doing what all the national reporters failed to do: check Marla's story about LD's disheveled injured arrival at the family home right after Norjack. He did check. Nobody would corroborate it.

National reporters? What "national reporters"? Billy Bob Dorm-
Roome and Cinder Ella?

Give this slop-jaw a rest!

:S

georger

***Bruce asked

What do you think?

National reporters? What "national reporters"? Billy Bob Dorm-
Roome and Cinder Ella?

Give this slop-jaw a rest!

:S

There you go again

Which version would Occam prefer:

1. Al Di reverse engineered the alleged Cooper letters to newspapers and figured out the source (issue and page number) of all the text cut-outs (Playboy Magazine).

2. Al Di knew the source of the text cut-outs and didn't have to do any sleuthing at all.

Just wondering.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Twisty butt is NOT calling her a slut - I have never called her a slut as I have never met her. Twisty Butt is how I refer to a lot of other young women.

She appeared in the pictures & newspapers to FLAUNT herself. Her make-up was too heavy and her demeanor in the news accountings was seductive.

I for one have never indicated she had any kind of relationship with the FBI. Perhaps that came from someone like BRUCE - as it seems to fit his flagrant descriptions of people. He takes everything and makes it sexual when it comes to women - such as he did with Tina.

His OWN LUST is represented in his writings - therefore I expect Bruce could also be the sourch of any rumors regarding any indication of inappropriate behaviour.

I don't know the girl and what I have seen and heard - I do not like. All I know is what has been written and stated on the internet - hence my reference to her as Twisty Butt. It was projected by those who wrote about her in the media and I mean all sources. The accountings given on the computer & those writing stories about her are all I know.

Someone - either in this thread or on some other media source spoke about her connections & past. Whatever they were did NOT sound completely on the up & up when those close to her did NOT support her claims...per media sources.

Think about how I am referred - is that any different? When has anyone ever referred to me as an intelligent and well bred woman whose only intentions in coming forward was to inform the FBI of what I had been told by my husband.

Well, the FBI dismissed Duane and his confession and was discrediting me in a negative way.
The FBI did not do a background check on me & disclose that I was a woman with a very proper & creditable background who had NO motive other than to find out about the crime & why my husband confessed to it...nor was it ever explained why he even had knowledge of some of the things he told me.

The FBI was the one to produce misnomers regarding Jo Weber...I was labeled a liar and someone seeking attention - rather than my REAL purpose and WHAT my background revealed. The only FBI I met was the locals who did not even know who Cooper was when they were coming to see me. The first agent admitted he had to read up on who Cooper was. The LOCAL office didn't seem to want any information from me other than the first guy who came to see me & subsequently return the items he took to make copies of.

The 2 agents who picked up the DNA stuff were nice, but the guy who returned it many yrs later - was young and uninformed.

The second agent to handle the case with me in WA - GOT caught by me with his faulty information. Information thru which they dismissed Weber in 1998. Then there was the OPINIONATED Ckret who - NEVER actually investigated the things I sent him.

THE ONE I BEGGED for the Jefferson file - WELL, it is obvious why he never made arrangements for me to receive it and the pictures...MY pleas for the file are documented in the DZ when Ckret was posting here.

Jo wrote about Marla

She appeared in the pictures & newspapers to FLAUNT herself. Her make-up was too heavy and her demeanor in the news accountings was seductive.

Shocking.... absolutely shocking.

Lord knows what you'd say about some dropzone women Jo. If you view lust as something private then skydiving is NOT your sport.

I've jumped with a plane load of naked Dutch girls. Just another day at a big boogie.

The combination of the 1960s, drugs and skydiving produced some EPIC parties which I had the good fortune to attend. Can I get an "amen" Airtwardo and Guru?

Marla wouldnt raise an eyebrow at my DZ with her "heavy makeup", "flaunting" and "(seductive) demeanor". If she was fully clothed she'd be at the church girl end of the spectrum.

At our local DZ's annual boogie there is a deplorable tradition in which jumpers strip naked and lie down on the runway numbers at sunset. Don't know if they have caused any missed approaches. Someone really should report this criminal behavior to the FAA.

Give Marla a break Jo. She had her moment as the Cooper Prom Queen. Don't take that from her.;)

"...I've jumped with a plane load of naked Dutch girls. Just another day at a big boogie...."

Okay, 377, that does it. I'm ready to start skydiving. But, um, can I start with a tandem?

By the way, are the planes heated? I get cold easily and if I'm going to hang out with naked women riding up to 14,000 feet I want to, um, be prepared, mentally. Maybe bring a Thermos of hot coffee???

While we're on the subject of Cooper Prom Queens and lightly-dressed skydivers from The Netherlands, I find Marla to actually be the kind of gal I'd like to date. She's sexy, smart and fearless, but very approachable. She's not stuck in Gorgeous Woman World. I never got the feeling from her that she was out of my league, or I was too fat, broke, etc. to rule out romance.

"...I for one have never indicated she (Marla) had any kind of relationship with the FBI. Perhaps that came from someone like BRUCE - as it seems to fit his flagrant descriptions of people. He takes everything and makes it sexual when it comes to women - such as he did with Tina.

His OWN LUST is represented in his writings - therefore I expect Bruce could also be the sourch of any rumors regarding any indication of inappropriate behaviour...."

I don't know who started the rumor about Curtis Eng having sex with Marla, or that she bamboozled (ie: seduced) him with her curvey demeanor, but it wasn't me.

That said, I am happy (ie: eager) to spread the rumor.

"...That said, I am happy (ie: eager) to spread the rumor...."

I'm also happy (ie: eager) to spread the rumor that the rumor that Curtis was seduced by Marla was actually started by his bosses at the FBI, which caused him to develop the Al Di personality, plant Letter #3 at the Oregonian, and otherwise try to run an end-around the Norjak puppet masters at the Bureau.

I suspect that there is an internal war raging at the FBI concerning DB Cooper and it features the "most promising" charade, which in turn caused Eng's reputation to be soiled. I suspect that Carr's exile to DC and Cossey getting whacked are part of this drama.

I'm also happy to spread the rumor that the Marla show is part of a grand Mega-Show that involves Geoffrey, the Symposia and all of the above.

I'm also happy to spread the rumor that Georger's snarky comments that I've misplaced the history of the 20th Century are a deliberate attempt to divert attention here away from the central question:

Why did the FBI say in June, 2011 that LD Cooper was the most promising suspect, and then dump him by September, 2011?

Georger clearly does not want to answer that question. Hence, I will hound him on it until he does.

Promise.

Jo wrote about Marla

Shocking.... absolutely shocking.

Lord knows what you'd say about some dropzone women Jo. If you view lust as something private then skydiving is NOT your sport.

I've jumped with a plane load of naked Dutch girls. Just another day at a big boogie.

The combination of the 1960s, drugs and skydiving produced some EPIC parties which I had the good fortune to attend. Can I get an "amen" Airwardo and Guru?

Marla wouldnt raise an eyebrow at my DZ with her "heavy makeup", "flaunting" and "demeanor". If she was fully clothed she'd be at the church girl end of the spectrum.

At our local DZ's annual boogie there is a deplorable tradition in which jumpers strip naked and lie down on the runway numbers at sunset. Don't know if they have caused any missed approaches. Someone really should report this criminal behavior to the FAA.

Give Marla a break Jo. She had her moment as the Cooper Prom Queen. Don't take that from her.;)

No but it freaks everyone the hell out when the approach lights flash on and I we went scurrying for clothing.

Amazon

"...No but it freaks everyone the hell out when the approach lights flash on and I we went scurrying for clothing...."

Are you Dutch, Amazon? Just askin,' (ie: hoping).

Stay classy there Brucie:S

Miss Amazona, must I remind you that you're the skydiver here? Besides, I was just pondering (ie: fantasizing) on the prospects of becoming a skydiver...

By the way, is it possible to jump as a triple? This way I could get warm with body heat from two directions. Don't want to get chilly, if you catch my drift. I'm pretty sensitive.

Which version would Occam prefer:

1. Al Di reverse engineered the alleged Cooper letters to newspapers and figured out the source (issue and page number) of all the text cut-outs (Playboy Magazine).

2. Al Di knew the source of the text cut-outs and didn't have to do any sleuthing at all.

Just wondering.

My whole social security check and food stamp allotment are riding on #2.