47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Skyjack71 says in part:

'Surely there are prints of Christiansen somewhere - why don't you see if they will check those against Cooper's...'

The FBI can do this whenever they choose. I'll try to pull everything together for an illustrated article this weekend on my column at Newsvine. Links to all available information regarding KC will be at the article.
'The stupid things you do, you regret if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid...'

Katherine Hepburn

Lyle must have really "hated" Kenny, in order to
allow writers-inventors like you to besmirch Kenny's
whole life! Quite obviously, brother Lyle felt
Kenny 'owed' him in some big way, but of course
you arent interested in Kenny's real life story.

When you do your Newsvine POS 'article', as you call
them, on Kenny's finger prints,,, be sure to include
the prints of a unicorn and a heliotrope, to compare
with.

The issues are: accuracy in jurinalism, and using a
few socalled meaningless facts in order to jusitify not
having to pay the hotel bill!

Are you satisfied with the service being provided
here?

Jo Stated:

'Surely there are prints of Christiansen somewhere - why don't you see if they will check those against Cooper's...'

Blevins Replied:

"The FBI can do this whenever they choose. I'll try to pull everything together for an illustrated article this weekend on my column at Newsvine."

Georger Stated:

Lyle must have really "hated" Kenny, in order to
allow writers-inventors like you to besmirch Kenny's
whole life!

When you do your Newsvine POS 'article', as you call
them, on Kenny's finger prints,,, be sure to include
the prints of a unicorn and a heliotrope, to compare
with.

The issues are: accuracy in journalism, and using a
few so called meaningless facts in order to jusitify not
having to pay the hotel bill!

Are you satisfied with the service being provided
here?

Wow, Georger - U hit the ball out of the park with that post. I still have my mouth OPEN (please dont' stuff it with a snipy post)!
:|:)
Are you NOT the individual who posted an obituary in the thread on Newell? Maybe I am not spelling it correctly. I have been UNABLE to find any information on that man and I know it was mentioned in this thread and I thought it was YOU.

I have been trying to get the thread to move in that direction and there are STRONG reasons to do so.

That man's history needs to be check back on - and there needs to be Pictures of the man made available in his yrs of life. Also some vital statistics - height, weight. There needs to be details of his BACKGROUND - when he was here and when he went there along with pics.

I need to KNOW MORE about this man. WE need to know MORE about this man. Perhaps someone could get one of his remaining relatives to come here and tell THEIR story. We know things change from generation to generation - but, I WANT to know MORE about this MAN.

Understand ALL of this started in Spokane per old times who live there. Back in the beginning after the crime happened - some of the investigation concentrated on Spokane and then it was just forgotten...went POOF! NO one wrote about it, No one quoted articles in the Spokane papers - everything anyone proposed and the individuals who claimed Cooper came out of Spokane - they went POOF! WHY!

You know how to pull history and so do other in this thread. If this case is ever going to be solved the public has to go back to the beginning - to the first phone calls into the FBI office in 1971.

Will the FBI ever release those leads and those phone calls. Bet they don't! They will quote PRIVACY LAWS!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

WE need to move on to Spokane and start trying to find everything that came out of Spokane and why the FBI just shut down their investigation into some subjects. ALL of the STORIES that came out of that area - STORIES ignored for yrs and yrs now. WHY did the FBI diss all of those stories?

Cooper knew WA and therefore he had to have spent time in WA (that NEEDS to be EXPLORED) throughly! The FBI needs to release every call that came out of the Spokane area during those first 2 yrs. THEY won't but maybe thru old archived news paper articles out of Spokane - we might find more to discuss than the SAME OLD SAME OLE things.

In the beginning the MOST calls came OUT of the Spokane area.
There had to be a reason for that!

I will not toot Weber in this part of the search and keep my post down to making comments about what is found. Of Course there will be NO SELF control of Blevins constantly promoting his book. Blevins can put down the prints on Weber, but he has NOT even pushed to locate prints on KC, because he knows the story will be the same as it was for Weber and other suspects whose prints have been researched.:(

Can we move forward while we still have this valuable resource made available for D.B.Cooper and for individuals to bring forward valid subjects.

PLEASE!:o Perhaps I have my own reasons, but it is the only thing that is going to ever provide a public search into this old crime. The FBI is never going to do it - WE have to do it.
We need Sluggo and some of the others back into this. We need to involve those who lived in WA - and the only place we are going to find them is in Senior Centers and cemeteries and thru old articles about Cooper from the various local newpapers (some are defunt) in those area.

Time to do some REAL research on Cooper. The subjects need to have had a BACKGROUND in the STATE of WA.

WE need to move on to Spokane and start trying to find everything that came out of Spokane and why the FBI just shut down their investigation into some subjects. ALL of the STORIES that came out of that area - STORIES ignored for yrs and yrs now. WHY did the FBI diss all of those stories?

Cooper knew WA and therefore he had to have spent time in WA (that NEEDS to be EXPLORED) throughly! The FBI needs to release every call that came out of the Spokane area during those first 2 yrs. THEY won't but maybe thru old archived news paper articles out of Spokane - we might find more to discuss than the SAME OLD SAME OLE things.

In the beginning the MOST calls came OUT of the Spokane area.
There had to be a reason for that!

I will not toot Weber in this part of the search and keep my post down to making comments about what is found. Of Course there will be NO SELF control of Blevins constantly promoting his book. Blevins can put down the prints on Weber, but he has NOT even pushed to locate prints on KC, because he knows the story will be the same as it was for Weber and other suspects whose prints have been researched.:(

Can we move forward while we still have this valuable resource made available for D.B.Cooper and for individuals to bring forward valid subjects.

PLEASE!:o Perhaps I have my own reasons, but it is the only thing that is going to ever provide a public search into this old crime. The FBI is never going to do it - WE have to do it.
We need Sluggo and some of the others back into this. We need to involve those who lived in WA - and the only place we are going to find them is in Senior Centers and cemeteries and thru old articles about Cooper from the various local newpapers (some are defunt) in those area.

Time to do some REAL research on Cooper. The subjects need to have had a BACKGROUND in the STATE of WA.

Speaking of "real research", have you sent for Duane's Army records yet?

You seem to know what everyone on this thread should be doing, but apparently doing some real research yourself is beneath your status as "Director of D.B. Cooper Research" and "I know Duane was Cooper because he told me so" advocate.

Robert99

The Blevins postings are getting BIGGER, perhaps he
should add a little color to it, like others do B|:ph34r::)
I thought for sure you were one of the 3 he was no
longer responding too?

Let's see, the FBI has his book.
The FBI seen decoded, no doubt.
The FBI now has his "package"
he's plastering yet more about Kenny on "you know where"
might as well just walk into the Seattle office and close the
deal.....other than calling and emailing every other day, not
much more can be done B| but, of course we are reminded
on every other page about KC on here as well...

Skyblevins71 over and out!!!!

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

CALL ME CALL ME I JUST FOUND THE LINK - 377 YOU KNEW THE LINK - I think it was you who threw something out there. NO ONE EVER EXpected me find this

A man changed his name and that is why I did not get it.
SOMEONE CALL ME PLEASE I AM TREMBLING THIS WAS OUT OF THE BLUE.

THIS MAN INVENTED ULTRA SUEDE!

They knew or suspected or did I just stumble into this. I could not believe what I just heard, but it was loud and clear.

WHAT DID ULTRA SUEDE HAVE TO DO WITH CHUTES - OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD.

I AM CRYING AND TREMBLING!

GEORGER HAVE SLUGGO CALL OR YOU CALL OR 377 - I DO NOT WANT TO SPEAK WITH THE JERKS - JUST ONE OF YOU GUYS!

A call into the past - Oh my God!
Please someone call me Please please I can't stay on line. Please call me. Blevins need to say GOOD BYE and take his dignity if he has any with him.

What I found will bust this damn case WIDE open. I will go public with this if someone can help me unravels this thing I found. I just got thru talking to the son of a man out of the past. The man in question died about yr ago.

OH MY GOD - I never ever thought I would find the LINK - to the past.

Please call me 377 you are the one I trust with this - PLEASE CALL me - you are an attorney and I need to talk to you. I need to find how I can get more information on this.

So hidden because of a name change.

377 made a post about pingers and then some one provided a link to the designer of the pingers and how they were put into the chutes in the 60's. HELP me find this - PLEASE. I can't hold myself together long enough to go where I went in the last few days.

Please find the article about the chutes and the pinger and how they were put into the backpacks.
With padding and with UltraSuede.

Where was that article or did I find it on my own. Please SOMEONE help me! I will have a heart attack or stroke trying to do this on my own. I took a happen chance phone call on my part today - and I was told something that TOTALLY freaked me OUT. I am falling apart - the pill has not calmed me down yet. But I am typing away!

This is the MOST amazing thing.
Some one for heaven is directing me right now. Please CALL!

No calls Jo, but if you will post your research request on the forum I'll see what I can find for you.

I've never seen ultra suede on a parachute rig, but I've never been accused of being stylish. Maybe you could find it on a pimp parachute?;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

For Jo:

http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier=AD0630190

that link says:

Accession Number : AD0630190

Title : AN/URT-21 LOCATOR BEACON JUMP TEST AND RECEPTION DISTANCES,

Corporate Author : ARCTIC AEROMEDICAL LAB FORT WAINWRIGHT ALASKA

Personal Author(s) : Schumann,John R. ; Millard,Walter W.

Report Date : JAN 1966

Pagination or Media Count : 24

Abstract : The AN/URT-21 Locator Beacon and riser antenna were installed in several different locations in the B-5 Back Style and AP28S-10 parachutes. Live and dummy drop tests were conducted at altitudes of 1500 to 5000 feet in temperatures of -5F to 29F. Monitoring stations at a distance of 2 to 28 miles from the drop zones reported signals heard from time of parachute deployment until ground contact was made. Air-crew members wore the back style parachute with the beacon installed between the pack tray and back cushion. A study of their subjective evaluation of the comfort of this parachute was conducted in F-102, B-47 and KC-135 aircraft. After simulating ejection procedures and flying duties, aircrew members reported very minor or no discomfort and no interference with flying duties. It is recommended that beacons be installed between the pack tray and back pad, that the beacon activating button be made of rubberized material, and that the activating cord be tied on the riser. (Author)

Descriptors : RESCUE BEACONS, RADIO BEACONS, RANGE(DISTANCE).

Subject Categories : Escape, Rescue and Survival
Radio Communications

Distribution Statement : APPROVED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo wrote

WHAT DID ULTRA SUEDE HAVE TO DO WITH CHUTES - OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD.

Jo,

What makes you think there is a link between ultra suede and parachutes?

As far as my knowlwedge goes, they have no connection.

Jo,

What makes you think there is a link between ultra suede and parachutes?

As far as my knowlwedge goes, they have no connection.

I read an article in the last few days during my searches. I thought someone on this thread sent it to me. I spoke about a man who invented Ultrasuede and used it inside of the Chutes backpack to provide a place for the pingers and the tested this.

It had dates ranging in the 60's.
It was all during this. The man who invented the ultrasuede was involved - and it talked about the pingers...I may have been on a search for someone out of Duane's past and thought I had the name wrong. Everything is so confused right now. This was during the time you mentioned the seals and I was looking for Fields or shields because I could not understand him on the phone.

You corrected me - it was seals and my search went from there either by some one contacting me or something I did. But this article was about the PINGER and how they concealed them and made them comfortable to be put in the backpacks because they were 2 inches plus. The article went on to indicate they be used by the military after this. The yrs mentioned in the article was in the 60's.

I do NOT know what or who directed me in this way. Now I have to find the damn article.

Ultrasuede is the trade name for a synthetic microfiber fabric invented in 1970 by Dr. Miyoshi Okamoto, a scientist working for Toray Industries. In Japan it is sold under the brand name Ecsaine. It was the world's first ultra-microfiber. It is often described as an artificial substitute for suede leather. The fabric is multifunctional: it is used in fashion, interior decorating, automotive and other vehicle upholstery, and industrial applications, such as protective fabric for electronic equipment. It is also a very popular fabric in the manufacture of footbags (also known as hacky sacks). Other manufacturers such as Sensuede and Majilite also produce similar product lines of synthetic microfiber suede construction.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Ultrasuede is the trade name for a synthetic microfiber fabric invented in 1970 by Dr. Miyoshi Okamoto, a scientist working for Toray Industries. In Japan it is sold under the brand name Ecsaine. It was the world's first ultra-microfiber. It is often described as an artificial substitute for suede leather. The fabric is multifunctional: it is used in fashion, interior decorating, automotive and other vehicle upholstery, and industrial applications, such as protective fabric for electronic equipment. It is also a very popular fabric in the manufacture of footbags (also known as hacky sacks). Other manufacturers such as Sensuede and Majilite also produce similar product lines of synthetic microfiber suede construction.

:SSome individual who was testing pingers - figured out how to some use some kind of Suede to protect and secure the pingers in the back packs in the 60's. The article mentioned testing of this and the man whose name
who conceived the idea and tested it. Did my mind create this memory? If it did than I am completely off my rocker. What I need is the name of the man who conceived of this idea and find out when the test were done and when.:S I think I am loosing my mind....!:S

Jo,

I haven't been able to find anything about ultrasuede and pingers (also called bailout beacons, locator beacons etc).

Can't see how ultra suede would uniquely solve any comfort or fit problem with pingers, but I'm no expert on the subject of pinger mounting.

I also can't see why a pocket made from ordinary parachute rig nylon wouldn't do just as well as ultra suede and nylon is already a proven and accepted fabric for military rigs.

I spent some time at the Toray HQ in Japan back in the 90s. I didn't know a Toray employee invented ultrasuede. We were sourcing a special laminate fabric at the time for a military contract and Toray had the best stuff in the world.

:SSome individual who was testing pingers - figured out how to some use some kind of Suede to protect and secure the pingers in the back packs in the 60's. The article mentioned testing of this and the man whose name
who conceived the idea and tested it. Did my mind create this memory? If it did than I am completely off my rocker. What I need is the name of the man who conceived of this idea and find out when the test were done and when.:S I think I am loosing my mind....!:S

Jo, There is no need for a special material to be used for the pinger pockets. Standard parachute pack material would get the job done with ease and this would be obvious to any rigger.

I think you have gotten some things mixed up one way or the other.

Also, even if Blevins departs according to your wishes, YOU still don't have anything whatsoever connecting Duane Weber to Cooper. To the best of my knowledge, you would still be the only one on this thread who thinks Duane was Cooper.

Robert99

[

Also, even if Blevins departs according to your wishes, YOU still don't have anything whatsoever connecting Duane Weber to Cooper. To the best of my knowledge, you would still be the only one on this thread who thinks Duane was Cooper.

Robert99

I didn't ask that he depart, but that he stop harping on the same old same ole thing.

I tried to stay neutral until this "thing" popped up to day.
I have searched and searched and do not know where or how I saw the damn article or even why.

Someday it will pop up again. This thread should explore other suspects and to go back to the area that seemed like hot spots and find out what generated so many calls from those hot spots WHILE there might still be someone alive and mentally sound enough to remember the stories.

Also asking the newspapers to assist in digging up the old claims.

Jo,

We hacked up a hell of a lot of 1950's and 1960's parachute harness and containers and C-9 canopy's during the 1970's while I was teaching USAF Survival. The things had a 7 year shelf life and after that they were removed from service and many of them were sent to Fairchild AFB to be used in survival training.
They were used to make shelters, ropes, clothing, sleeping bags, tumpline pack straps, belts, knife sheath's, canteen covers and anything else imaginable to IMPROVISE needed items utilizing the materials an airman would have after bailing or ejecting from a USAF aircraft.
I do not remember ever seeing Ultrasuede on any harness or container from that era. .( DB's would have been retired sometime in the 1960's or earlier) Most of the material in a harness and container was made of nylon webbing about 2" wide and nylon pack material. Some of the canopy's had an inner deployment bag that retarded openings a bit and worked well as a water bag carrier. Others came with nice comfy back pads that covered the harness by snapping onto the parachute container. On other rigs that pad was replaced by a PLD (personal lowering device) that was flat nylon webbing 3/4" wide and flat folded to give the airman 200 feet plus to allow them to get down out of a tree should they have landed in a big ass tree like those found in the triple canopies of SE Asia's jungles. The thread used to sew and improvise a lot of these devices was the inner core of the 550 parachute suspension lines after it was stripped out of the outer sheath. Teaching some of those college boys to sew even in a rudimentary manner was "challenging”.
There was also a certain amount of spandex to keep some things held in place. Perhaps someone thought that was something it was not. Usually the beacon was already removed from the systems sent to us... and once in a while the PE shop would throw us a bone and forget to take out the little survival kit that was packed in a small pouch inside the parachute container.

I must be getting close to something or someone. I have come under cyber attack regarding my investigation of DB Cooper.

You can read about the frist round of action at the Mountain News:

I can see that I am unable to get my clicky function working again, too!

[url]http://themountainnewswa.net/2013/01/15/the-hunt-for-db-cooper-cyber-attacks-strike-the-mountain-news-and-other-cooper-investigators/#more-6329[url/]

. . . and once in a while the PE shop would throw us a bone and forget to take out the little survival kit that was packed in a small pouch inside the parachute container.

I have an NB-6 container that was manufactured in the 1980s. It also has a small pouch inside the container and I could not figure out what it was for. So I assume that it was also for holding a small survival kit. Correct?

Robert99

. . . and once in a while the PE shop would throw us a bone and forget to take out the little survival kit that was packed in a small pouch inside the parachute container.

I have an NB-6 container that was manufactured in the 1980s. It also has a small pouch inside the container and I could not figure out what it was for. So I assume that it was also for holding a small survival kit. Correct?

Robert99

I couldn't find a pic with the beacon in the pack, here is some pics of them and a survival kit.

I must be getting close to something or someone. I have come under cyber attack regarding my investigation of DB Cooper.

http://themountainnewswa.net/2013/01/15/the-hunt-for-db-cooper-cyber-attacks-strike-the-mountain-news-and-other-cooper-investigators/#more-6329[url/]

here ya go Bruce.......

[url]http://themountainnewswa.net/2013/01/15/the-hunt-for-db-cooper-cyber-attacks-strike-the-mountain-news-and-other-cooper-investigators/#more-6329

http://themountainnewswa.net/2013/01/15/the-hunt-for-db-cooper-cyber-attacks-strike-the-mountain-news-and-other-cooper-investigators/#more-6329

I read your account. If not something more personal, at the least it sounds like you might have malware and/or a nasty virus. Either can get into your files and your registry and wreak all kinds of havoc.
I would take my computer to someone that can "deep clean" it, then make sure you have a firewall and good antivirus program. And Backup your documents on an external drive. (Spoken by someone who learned the hard way) :)
You are probably already aware of most of this, but sometimes you can get these nasty things by clicking on links in emails. Emails that might even come from your family/friends. The spammers then get into your email distribution list this way and the cycle continues. Have you clicked on any links or opened any videos or links from anyone?
I have been getting more and more spam emails lately from people from my contact list with video and other links that I know they wouldn't send. I try not to click on anything in an email unless I'm pretty sure I know what it is and where it came from.

Re: webmail - you might have your account set to delete emails form the server after downloading. Different webmail services have different options but most give you a certain amount of storage and you have the option to leave a copy on the server, delete after downloading, save for so many days, etc. This option can be set by you on the server account preferences and/or in Outlook or other email programs if you use one.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Robert99

I couldn't find a pic with the beacon in the pack, here is some pics of them and a survival kit.

I have now gotten my NB-6 container out of the garage and taken some measurements.

The container was manufactured 3/88 and the pocket in question is mounted on the right side and would be completely enclosed in the container when it is packed with a parachute.

The pocket is about 10.5 inches long, about 1.5 inches wide, and 1.5 inches high. There are 0.75 inch diameter holes in each side of the pocket and they are centered about 3.0 inches from the top of the pocket.

The pocket is closed by a zipper fastener. A flap is sewn on the right side of the pocket and covers the zipper and is secured on the left side by a nomex closure.

Robert99