47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Jo wrote

Just like everything else I have followed it will fall apart. What I do NOT understand if it is not hoax and the talk about the Governor of WA turning down an ammesty plea to end this - who does that make Look BAD?

Means the STATE of WA spent a lot of money to keep the lid on Cooper and to promote the story!

Nobody in the govt is keeping the lid on Cooper in my opinion. Coverup is a convenient excuse for our inability to ID Cooper. The only possible "coverup" i might agree with in this case is done by dirt, brush or water.

Cooper's John Doe criminal indictment that tolls the statute of limitations was federal not state. The governor of WA couldn't pardon it, only a US President could.

Another coverup story busted.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

matthewcline,

Try checking the relative pay and benefits for 1971 and decide how lowly $517 @ month (you know, Kenny’s wages?) may be. This is truly beyond spoon feeding at this point.

If jump pay in 19…whatever is $50, then you may….just may consider 1949 as similar or lower. It’s not MY data, it is just data. Ownership of information is for the likes of Stalin and other losers.

You could post some more refined data or everyone could just take your good word for it because "you said so".... just like Knoss. No duplicity there.

You have completely wondered off of the subject.

Refresher:
KC sends a letter, in it he makes the $150 statement. A question was asked about the Jump Pay, I posted a fact, you "poo pooed" it.
Then posted a pay chart with out Jump Pay listed. While complaining about not having "links" to the fact, you post a link to no fact.
I posted a link, backing the fact, to appease you, but you decided to try and use the pay chart for a different reason.

The question was: What was Jump pay in 1946? The answer was given, that should have been the end of it. The info was asked for to verify the validity of the letter quoted. Nothing more.

Maybe you can stop with the high brow PA's (and direct childish ones too) and just stick to factual discussion for a while?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Females in the Navy were called WAVES, females in the Air Force were called lesbians

Damnit! Not true! The "were" part...
And sometimes the "fe" part !

Um. Not really, Mr Mysogynistic.

who are those woman supposed to be
in the picture?

USAF F-15 Pilots stationed with a Wing out of Alaska.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I think Carr is speaking about the FBI checking the prints of Duane's alias names, not what Jefferson prison or Courts did. If the prison didn't know he was Weber and didn't have a criminal background, this gives more merit of a early release. the prisoner is the one who files the documents for release, or his Lawyer.

That is NOT what Carr's arrogant statements indicated. He was adamanate the FINGERPRINTS had been checked against the system - a system I argued was not completely inforce in 1968....he just did NOT get it. He refused to GET it! He kept SAYING the FBI used the McNeil file prints - prints that were supposedly cross checked with Jefferson. Yet, in 2000 the FBI agent of record was unaware of the McNeil file and claimed Weber was NEVER in McNeil. NOW do you get it?

THE only thing that got thru was the photo copy of the ACTUAL commutation - he kept referring to what was currently in 2008 on the system - not what was. Paper I trust. FBI agents I do NOT trust.

I understand what you are saying, but, it does seem they have Duane using the name John Collins, Carr did list that name when he showed the alias's Duane used. if the agent on record in 2000 was stupid enough not to cross check the names Duane used in the past, perhaps this would be the reason he said what he said. have you tried to find the County where "Collins" was convicted in? the state of Missouri just might have the records of Warren E Hearnes? even if they did miss this conviction, fingerprints don't lie Jo, they have multiple sets on Duane. have you tried to contact any County Clerks office in Missouri? things get lost, several years ago someone almost threw away the original transcripts from the gunfight at the OK Corral. people are willing to help you Jo, but you need to start understanding vs arguing with the FBI and everyone on this thread stating we are all wrong. let me know if you checked the things mentioned above.....B|
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I understand what you are saying, but, it does seem they have Duane using the name John Collins, Carr did list that name when he showed the alias's Duane used. if the agent on record in 2000 was stupid enough not to cross check the names Duane used in the past, perhaps this would be the reason he said what he said. have you tried to find the County where "Collins" was convicted in? the state of Missouri just might have the records of Warren E Hearnes? even if they did miss this conviction, fingerprints don't lie Jo, they have multiple sets on Duane. have you tried to contact any County Clerks office in Missouri? things get lost, several years ago someone almost threw away the original transcripts from the gunfight at the OK Corral. people are willing to help you Jo, but you need to start understanding vs arguing with the FBI and everyone on this thread stating we are all wrong. let me know if you checked the things mentioned above.....B|

DUHHHHhhhhh! Where or were have you been. I DID ALL OF THAT! The name Duane used was cross checked by me and by the FBI. I have extensive phone calls and emails for the county/and state Duane was convicted - and he was sentenced as JOHN - COLLINS. Then I was referred the attorney of record - but that was a DEAD END. Too many yrs for any files to be available. WE only have records changed after the fact that match Collins to Weber. NO record of when that ocurred but the Computer files NOW read both Weber and Collins. Collins is how he was convicted. How they read prior to the FBI finding Weber and Collins to be the same person will never be known. I only have the COMMUTATION of Sentence and since that is HOW it reads w/no AKA. Weber was NOT commuted.

SO when did the FBI find out Weber and Collins were the same person - per what little I have been able to find - NOT until he was presented as a Cooper suspect. The file could have been checked AFTER Duane was released and they find they set a career criminal loose BUT, he was NOT hard to find.

His wife of the day said they used both names in 1968 and 1969....of course I only have tax records for Duane L. Weber and his wife starting with Weber in 1969 in N.Orleans....unreported jobs worked under the other names. Like the dishwasher and waiter job he had - there is NO W-2 nor was it filed on his taxes, but it was a fact he worked there...more than one witness to this - 2 are deceased and that leaves 1 and he was only 8 yrs old. ALL were alive when contacted the FBI in 1996
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo wrote

Just like everything else I have followed it will fall apart. What I do NOT understand if it is not hoax and the talk about the Governor of WA turning down an ammesty plea to end this - who does that make Look BAD?

Means the STATE of WA spent a lot of money to keep the lid on Cooper and to promote the story!

Nobody in the govt is keeping the lid on Cooper in my opinion. Coverup is a convenient excuse for our inability to ID Cooper. The only possible "coverup" i might agree with in this case is done by dirt, brush or water.

Cooper's John Doe criminal indictment that tolls the statute of limitations was federal not state. The governor of WA couldn't pardon it, only a US President could.

Another coverup story busted.

Well, I would not call it a Cover-up - the man is repeating what he was told. NOW if the ATTORNEY did try to get AMNESTY FOR the other suspect or accomplice in exchange for his information - ARE YOU sure that WOULD have had to go to the PRESIDENT. The indictment was for Dan Cooper, but what if this other person was ONLY claiming to be an accomplice. WOULD that NOT change thing?

NO one actually knows WHAT this man was going to tell the FBI? Lots of individual think they know and maybe they do as I am sure he discussed the possible consequences with his wife before having the attorney file for the Exception or what-ever the hell attorneys want to call it!

Accomplices, if there were any, wouldn't need a pardon or amnesty. The statute of limitations shields them. Period.

The John Doe indictment only charges the guy on the plane. He could be prosecuted even today.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

they didn't exactly turn a career criminal loose, he spent a considerable
amount of time in Jefferson, if Hearnes was lenient and didn't know about
Weber's past, and only Collins, he would grant the early release. this
problem continues to this day by releasing prisoners early due to good
behavior and overcrowding.

since no record is found on Collins, can you blame the FBI for the over sight?
missing records should not be looked at as a cover up. the State of Missouri
does have records of Warren E Hearnes on microfilm, perhaps something is
on the microfilm. the FBI probably didn't think it was worth digging up when
they have valid prints of Duane. the system is far from perfect, one Judge will
give you probation and yet another Judge will give time for the exact same
crime and reasons..it's still hard to face the fact of the fingerprints they have
on record being Duane's.

before the "age of computers" I'm sure the percentage of human error is a
factor here. one could only assume how many documents have been lost in
passing years before the computer age. just as they did with the transcripts
from the OK Corral that were missing for years and almost thrown away by
a clerk cleaning a basement. if i'm correct they were missing since the 50's
taking another 50 years before they surfaced.

I stand corrected the documents were last seen in the 60's see attachment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7617181/Original-OK-Corral-document-found-during-US-court-springclean.html

added: The president or a governor can grant a pardon but not amnesty. Federal criminal convictions can only be pardoned by the President. State convictions can only be pardoned by the Governor of the state where the conviction occurred.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Collins is how he was convicted. How they read prior to the FBI finding Weber and Collins to be the same person will never be known. I only have the COMMUTATION of Sentence and since that is HOW it reads w/no AKA. Weber was NOT commuted.

Jo, You are missing the obvious. The State of Missouri had a prisoner known as John Collins. They had apparently never heard of Duane Weber. The Missouri Governor could not issue a commutation for someone the Missouri State Prison had never heard of.

Consequently, the Governor issued a commutation for John Collins. This means that there were apparently no other legal issues for John Collins in Missouri. And Duane Weber apparently did not have a criminal record in Missouri.

Even if the FBI discovered that John Collins and Duane Weber were the same person the day after he was released from the Missouri State Prison, if John Collins/Duane Weber didn't have some outstanding legal problems somewhere, it is unlikely that the FBI would pursue the matter.

What is so difficult to understand about that?

Robert99

Damnit! Not true! The "were" part...
And sometimes the "fe" part !

Um. Not really, Mr Mysogynistic.

How in hell did we get all the way from me cracking a
joke, too deep for Blevins, to Blevins' charging:
"Not really, Mr Mysogynistic" !

By the way you have it spelled wrong.

The Blevins' Hate, Envy, & Venom just never stops!

Never mind the charge has no foundation in reality.

From the Wiki entry regarding the US Army's loss of records in St Louis in the 1973 fire:

'The losses to Federal military records collection included:

80% loss to records of U.S. Army personnel discharged November 1, 1912, to January 1, 1960.

75% loss to records of U.S. Air Force personnel discharged September 25, 1947, to January 1, 1964, with names alphabetically after Hubbard, James E.

Some U.S. Army Reserve personnel who performed their initial active duty for training in the late 1950s but who received final discharge as late as 1964.

None of the records that were destroyed in the fire had duplicate copies made, nor had they been copied to microfilm. No index of these records was made prior to the fire, and millions of records were on loan to the Veterans Administration at the time of the fire. This made it difficult to precisely determine which records were lost...'

Looks like the avian conspiracy regarding the Seahawks may have been a hoax. Falcons 27 - Hawks 7...so far.[:/]

Blevins, I believe that a significant portion of the information on the "lost" records was later recovered from other records (or copies) that were out of the building at the time of the fire. The lost record situation was not as bad as initially believed and publicized.

So if anyone tells you or a former military type that their records were completely destroyed in that fire, get in touch with a veterans service organization and discuss the matter. All was not lost!

Robert99

Smokin99 says in part:

'So there might be a jump folder on Kenny somewhere?...'

Yes, there just might. But I'm not telling you where to find it. :)
I can't stand it when folks harp on Marilyn Monroe sometimes. Women are a lot smarter than you think. And more memorable by far.

Poor abused Blevins - wont share his info!

Is too busy defending the cause of dead people he
never knew, and probably knows nothing about!

My dead goldfish is off limits to you, Blevins.
I ate her!

Collins is how he was convicted. How they read prior to the FBI finding Weber and Collins to be the same person will never be known. I only have the COMMUTATION of Sentence and since that is HOW it reads w/no AKA. Weber was NOT commuted.

Jo, You are missing the obvious. The State of Missouri had a prisoner known as John Collins. They had apparently never heard of Duane Weber. The Missouri Governor could not issue a commutation for someone the Missouri State Prison had never heard of.

Consequently, the Governor issued a commutation for John Collins. This means that there were apparently no other legal issues for John Collins in Missouri. And Duane Weber apparently did not have a criminal record in Missouri.

Even if the FBI discovered that John Collins and Duane Weber were the same person the day after he was released from the Missouri State Prison, if John Collins/Duane Weber didn't have some outstanding legal problems somewhere, it is unlikely that the FBI would pursue the matter.

What is so difficult to understand about that?

Robert99

the conviction of "Grand Stealing" is not a Federal offence, the FBI
wouldn't have anything to do with this conviction, Collins received
a 4 year sentence in a State Penitentiary and filed for commutation
under that name which does not have Weber's background. the
Governor probably seen no criminal background and good behavior
then released him, you never do the amount of time given, I don't
know what the gain time was in this period, but you do accumulate
a certain amount of days each month taken off your sentence for
good behavior, so his early release was not as bad as one thinks.

Women are a lot smarter than you think.

LOL....Say what? Seriously? And you thought what Georger said was offensive. :D:ph34r:Actually, you are wrong yet again. The more accurate sentence structure would be:

Women are a lot smarter than you. Think!

:):)

D.A. Jim Trotter: Now, uh, Ms. Vito, being an expert on general automotive knowledge, can you tell me... what would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four-barrel carburetor?
Mona Lisa Vito: It's a bullshit question.
D.A. Jim Trotter: Does that mean that you can't answer it?
Mona Lisa Vito: It's a bullshit question, it's impossible to answer.
D.A. Jim Trotter: Impossible because you don't know the answer!
Mona Lisa Vito: Nobody could answer that question!
D.A. Jim Trotter: Your Honor, I move to disqualify Ms. Vito as a "expert witness"!
Judge Chamberlain Haller: Can you answer the question?
Mona Lisa Vito: No, it is a trick question!
Judge Chamberlain Haller: Why is it a trick question?
Mona Lisa Vito: 'Cause Chevy didn't make a 327 in '55, the 327 didn't come out till '62. And it wasn't offered in the Bel Air with a four-barrel carb till '64. However, in 1964, the correct ignition timing would be four degrees before top-dead-center.
D.A. Jim Trotter: Well... um... she's acceptable, Your Honor.

I have known women like that. Some of us wouldnt
even be here if it wasnt for women like that. And
one lived at Vancouver, and her oldest son worked
with Janet's husband.

Poor abused Blevins - wont share his info!

Is too busy defending the cause of dead people he
never knew, and probably knows nothing about!

My dead goldfish is off limits to you, Blevins.
I ate her!

It's just moot, that's all. We know KC was a paratrooper. Doesn't mean he was the hijacker.

And it doesn't mean you're a goldfish.

From the Wiki entry regarding the US Army's loss of records in St Louis in the 1973 fire:

'The losses to Federal military records collection included:

80% loss to records of U.S. Army personnel discharged November 1, 1912, to January 1, 1960.

75% loss to records of U.S. Air Force personnel discharged September 25, 1947, to January 1, 1964, with names alphabetically after Hubbard, James E.

Some U.S. Army Reserve personnel who performed their initial active duty for training in the late 1950s but who received final discharge as late as 1964.

None of the records that were destroyed in the fire had duplicate copies made, nor had they been copied to microfilm. No index of these records was made prior to the fire, and millions of records were on loan to the Veterans Administration at the time of the fire. This made it difficult to precisely determine which records were lost...'

Looks like the avian conspiracy regarding the Seahawks may have been a hoax. Falcons 27 - Hawks 7...so far.[:/]

I don't know what you are talking about, I never mentioned military records, criminal records is the subject.....

Yup. 28 - 30 Hotlanta

Avian conspiracy definitely a hoax. I TOLD you I had an in. :) No way your Hawks were gonna win against Atlanta today. ;):)
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Blevins, I believe that a significant portion of the information on the "lost" records was later recovered from other records (or copies) that were out of the building at the time of the fire. The lost record situation was not as bad as initially believed and publicized.

So if anyone tells you or a former military type that their records were completely destroyed in that fire, get in touch with a veterans service organization and discuss the matter. All was not lost!

Robert99

AS far as your statement about Military Records, but Doug and I will vouch for that.

We obtained a pretty detail summary of Weber's time in the Navy even after being told there was NO information.

On the ARMY file we did NOT get that lucky! No detailed report of his short stay in the Army.

Question military guy:

If an individual has been in the Navy and put out on a BAD Conduct Disharge), then they go to the ARMY (let's say on good terms) for a hypothetical observation. WOULD the man NOT be sent to ARMY orientation of some sort. We have pondered on this for a long time.

We know he was in the Army officially but for a short duration.

How did HE GET in the ARMY?
WE have NEVER figured this out! We KNOW he was there and the record shows he was in the Army and I have the official papers, but we have NO details.

With the Navy we know were he went for training and the where he was shipped from there and his work detail right down to his BAD time and that record ends with the parents communication for sometime afterwards - because they fought the BAD Conduct Disharge.

Then Duane was in CA and got into some stuff at The Trails and then ended up in the Army.

NO one seems to know how he got into the Army, but it did happen! He was there! The goverment acknowledges this - but that is all they acknowledge.

The file is CLASSIFIED! I saw that on the screen myself. The guy has to go get a special code and then when he goes to the file tells me I am not a listed beneficiary. I explain I was only 3 yrs old in 1943 - and did not meet and marry my husband until 1978...and that I need some records. He just repeated "CLASSIFIED" - if you fill out these papers they will send you the records - but he was just pacifing me because ALL I got was a DUPILICATE of the other item I had, but it did have a close date as the first one did not.

It's my understanding that all military records are classified, in order to view
them you need permission from the person in writing to receive any records.
enlistment records are not classified and can be searched.

If your not a Family member.....

I'm sure Matt will have an answer for this.....

Amazon presumes incorrectly about Air Force lesbians with:

Gee another one of those hot shot college boys who calls all women that shoot them down for a date as a lesbian... .. saw a LOT of those

Far from it. It was Air Force women who ‘fingered’ the dykes. Big time.

There were a couple women complaining about how they couldn’t take a shower without being watched by the BBB-D (bitter barracks bull-dyke), which was defined as anyone who could get separate rats, but stayed on base. Every time and any time, the shower valve would squeak, you could count on a visit from SSgt Manhands.

So they get set up with a 35 mm camera (big deal back then) take a folding chair, put on robes, flip flops (part of the ruse) and go into the shower and turn the valve. Squee-Eeak! Four, three, two…..one…. ‘click!’ Surprise, you’re on ‘What the fawk are you doing fully dressed looking into the communal shower camera?!’

Busted, dead to rites. Apparently there were no more ambush visits after that, but the women didn’t press charges which would have ended in her discharge that month.

One thing’s for sure, none of those lesbians were going to accuse anyone of anything since they all knew full well they had fraudulently enlisted. Quite the Sword of Damocles for those who viewed the communal living quarters as ‘easy pickins’. Sick.

I recall the women being in disbelief that there wasn’t a similar problem for the males. No such thing considering how we lived on alert or deployed. When it was suggested that they (the women) complain to officials, they made it very clear, we (the men) didn’t understand how bad it really was.

I thought you would have a ton of barracks closet lesbian stories. Sure seems odd that so many women would tell me those tales or ask for some help. But that’s just one anecdote of many.

I recall how they (the hetero women) would say that BBBDs represented the worst of all worlds combined into one disgusting package. You had the aggression of a male, along with the associated butthurt from rejection, COMBINED with an eternal, seething desire to get even and never forget, like a female. Throw in some rank and supervisory powers and there’s you a recipe for despair. Now just a dirty, filthy, dark secret from history. Good times.

Robert99

AS far as your statement about Military Records, but Doug and I will vouch for that.

We obtained a pretty detail summary of Weber's time in the Navy even after being told there was NO information.

On the ARMY file we did NOT get that lucky! No detailed report of his short stay in the Army.

Question military guy:

If an individual has been in the Navy and put out on a BAD Conduct Disharge), then they go to the ARMY (let's say on good terms) for a hypothetical observation. WOULD the man NOT be sent to ARMY orientation of some sort. We have pondered on this for a long time.

We know he was in the Army officially but for a short duration.

How did HE GET in the ARMY?
WE have NEVER figured this out! We KNOW he was there and the record shows he was in the Army and I have the official papers, but we have NO details.

With the Navy we know were he went for training and the where he was shipped from there and his work detail right down to his BAD time and that record ends with the parents communication for sometime afterwards - because they fought the BAD Conduct Disharge.

Then Duane was in CA and got into some stuff at The Trails and then ended up in the Army.

NO one seems to know how he got into the Army, but it did happen! He was there! The goverment acknowledges this - but that is all they acknowledge.

The file is CLASSIFIED! I saw that on the screen myself. The guy has to go get a special code and then when he goes to the file tells me I am not a listed beneficiary. I explain I was only 3 yrs old in 1943 - and did not meet and marry my husband until 1978...and that I need some records. He just repeated "CLASSIFIED" - if you fill out these papers they will send you the records - but he was just pacifing me because ALL I got was a DUPILICATE of the other item I had, but it did have a close date as the first one did not.

Jo, The ONLY way for Duane to get in the Army after getting a Bad Conduct Discharge from the Navy would be for him to lie about it in some manner. He probably did not inform the Army of his time in the Navy.

If he had informed the Army of the BCD at the time of his enlistment, he probably would not have been permitted to enlist. If he had told the Army that he had served some time in the Navy, they would have asked him questions about his Navy service and would have wanted to see his discharge papers from the Navy.

With Duane's limited time in the Navy, even if he told the Army about it, it is almost certain that he would have had to go through Army Basic Training which was about eight weeks long at that time.

As far as Duane's Army records being "classified", there are various things that are listed as "classified" that don't have anything to do with National Security. In your particular case, you were denied direct access to Duane's Army records. That does NOT mean that they were classified "Secret" or some such thing.

As an illustration, marked Government vehicles usually have a "For Official Use Only" sign on their doors. That is a "classified" term but not a security term.

If you were making some kind of claim with the Veterans Administration based on Duane's Army service, it is very unlikely that the claim would be approved. If nothing else, it would be denied due to Duane's fraud and very brief time in the Army. But you have previously stated that you were not interested in making a VA claim.

Robert99

So from that rather "interesting" story you get to ALL women in the USAF were lesbians??? I guess all those I know who were happily married and still managed to serve their country were just some strange .. aberration.

Interesting fantasy world.

I think you would find a COMPLETELY different reality from most women who recount their stories of serving in our military. I am sure there is more than one who were pressured into putting up with unwanted advances from males in their units that they wanted nothing to do with because it only took some assclown who did not like being turned down for a date to get those wonderful rumors about her being a lesbian going which would put even the most heterosexual woman on a base under the scrutiny of OSI with their incessant lesbian or gay hunts. Of course they were not only interested in finding lesbians but also gay men. But it was certainly something that was common from men who did not want women there in their hallowed world doing the same jobs they were doing to hang that label on women.. so I guess in your world all women who would get that label in your world is not a surprise. Care to tell us all what the statistics of rape of female service members were then and now???

Things have not changed at all from those "good old days" either

Blevins wrote

Nothing we can do presently with our technology will reverse this process. That's because we waited too long to take action.

Face it. We're doomed.

Not so fast on doomsday calls Robert.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/weather/research/2010-06-10-cloud-whitening_N.htm

Just give us some cloudless weekends for skydiving.

Blevins wrote

Nothing we can do presently with our technology will reverse this process. That's because we waited too long to take action.

Face it. We're doomed.

Not so fast on doomsday calls Robert.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/weather/research/2010-06-10-cloud-whitening_N.htm

Just give us some cloudless weekends for skydiving.

Yeah. That was a bit of parody back there. I'm just glad I lived in the time where everyone in the future will hate us. You know...the good old days of having fun burning up all the cheap fossil fuels on fast Chevys and yes...aircraft. :)

More RobertMBlevins projection!

You are NOT the World.

Have you shifted your editorialism to Dropzone and
dropped Newsvine and Winkle's smog-blog?