47 47
quade

DB Cooper

1 hour ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Interesting that they actually posted a DNA profile of a suspect.  This is not the DNA process used for an Ancestry.com though.  I'd be curious what their Cooper profile looks like and if all these locations have data for Cooper too.  This shows 9 locations. I'd have to dust off my DNA notes, but I think the standard was 13 locations.  Georger might be able to comment some.  If they were ruling someone out, then they must have this below info for Cooper.

image.png.69036e31135e3460bcc9d337fc5b19fd.png

OK, let me consult with a few people. This may take some time. Note kit name used in header.

18 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Wow. This is news to me.  I'm guessing it is off the tie.

Yes, a match can connect somebody to the tie but no match does not eliminate somebody from being Cooper. 

Think of it like unidentified fingerprints found near Cooper's seat...  

If you find a match that connects somebody, but if you don't match that doesn't eliminate.

The tie DNA is not confirmed to be Cooper's.. 

The FBI was fishing for a match..

4 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Yes, a match can connect somebody to the tie but no match does not eliminate somebody from being Cooper. 

Think of it like unidentified fingerprints found near Cooper's seat...  

If you find a match that connects somebody, but if you don't match that doesn't eliminate.

The tie DNA is not confirmed to be Cooper's.. 

The FBI was fishing for a match..

Yea, that's my concern, that the DNA is not really Cooper's.  However, if it is his, then the odds of someone's partial profile matching this partial profile are astronomically low, so if someone was ruled in, there's a good shot he could be Cooper. I checked my notes and I was tracking 13 STR locations for CODIS.  I also read that they can go up to 22 locations.  But even with the 9 locations they have for "Cooper" that would narrow the field down a lot.  But at this point I think you'd need to exhume a body or find something of theirs still in storage.  The FBI won't be doing this.

50 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

I have that somewhere ...

Someone identify the 302 in Part 77 that contains the image below posted today?

I need to see the whole 302 and any related 302s.  What is the page number in Part 77 for this 302 image?  

Does the new 302 date from April 2 2002?

You people need to provide page numbers for any 302s you post! How is anyone supposed to find them without identification of page numbers! ?

Part 77 dna doc  DB Cooper.png

Edited by georger

12 minutes ago, georger said:

I have that somewhere ...

Someone identify the 302 in Part 77 that contains the image below posted today?

I need to see the whole 302 and any related 302s.  What is the page number in Part 77 for this 302 image?  

Does the new 302 date from April 2 2002?

You people need to provide page numbers for any 302s you post! How is anyone supposed to find them without identification of page numbers! ?

The most recent release Part 77. Page 263-264 on the PDF, lower right corner says DB Cooper-33623

image.png.e3b0b35623cce6ffdd6b37b0aec7c659.png

27 minutes ago, Slim King said:

No Kidding!!!!!! They are leading you guys around by the nose.... 

Speaking of being led around by the nose...

When did Reca/Peca leave Mi and his family after the 1965 robbery and go to Wa,, and when did he return?

What dates are confirmed for Reca/Peca in Wa...

This should be a simple answer..  it seems it isn't, maybe because it was made up.

Edited by FLYJACK

14 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

The most recent release Part 77. Page 263-264 on the PDF, lower right corner says DB Cooper-33623

image.png.e3b0b35623cce6ffdd6b37b0aec7c659.png

OK thanks.  So far it appears all 302s dealing with dna seem to date to the same Lab work/report Ap 2 2002, and the same kit used. One test, one kit. So far no dna work other than Ap2/2002 seems to be involved. One test or battery of tests yielding nine positive loci within limits, but only one kit used and identified. 

That appears to answer that question.

One thing I need to find out is if our people had any input into the design of that kit. I simply dont know but I need to talk to a few people who have records in order to know.   - that will take time. 

One test - one kit - nine loci detected within limits. All April 2 2002. 

Its a Friday afternoon so this will go into next week. 

Thanks for the id.

Edited by georger

24 minutes ago, Slim King said:

The final chapter of FLYJACK is possibly the best chapter ever written about Cooper and those who might be him at the time. I think by now it is clear that the Deep State was working with many hijackers and potential hijackers to bring in a TSA style violation of our freedoms.

You mean SKYJACK..

Can you prove you are not a deep state actor trying to undermine the case..

still cant find it!     HAS ANYONE GOT A PAGE NUMBER FOR THIS 302 IN PART 77   ?

There are 396 pages in Part77.  What page is this below?   BTW this says it is part 2 of a 2 page report. Where is page 1 ????????????????????????????????????????

Part 77 dna doc -27 DB Cooper.png

Edited by georger

7 minutes ago, georger said:

still cant find it!     HAS ANYONE GOT A PAGE NUMBER FOR THIS 302 IN PART 77   ?

There are 396 pages in Part77.  What page is this below?   BTW this says it is part 2 of a 2 page report. Where is page 1 ????????????????????????????????????????

It's page 264

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

What's the timeline for Catalano? Fired from TWA summer '72?

What did he get arrested for in 1999?

Same thing for our Shelton friend, can we get a bio sketch that I can steal for my website?

He left TWA in 1974... but it seems like he had a grudge against the company both before and after that. He was arrested in 1999 for tampering with evidence, and he passed away in 2006.

Edited by Coopericane

6 hours ago, olemisscub said:

I can see why they might be interested in Catalano. He bears a close resemblance to KK5-1.

9B735281-7A4C-411E-BC73-156998C506BB.jpeg

Indeed... not much of an olive/swarthy complexion, though, which worries me! I wonder also if as an Italian he had any sort of noticeable accent?

Edited by Coopericane

6 minutes ago, Slim King said:

In the last chapter of SKYJACK they mention how mean people on the DZ are to Weber. So I guess I was warned about this place.

Weber hasn't been here for about 7 years.. you do realize that SKYJACK is 10 years old, right.

Jo was a serial liar.. but most liked her.

Now, you have no excuse left to avoid answering a simple question.. only a deep state operative would refuse..

Since we now know there is no evidence Reca/Peca colluded with Cossey, it is all made up..

When did Reca/Peca leave his family in Mi and move to Wa then return..

6 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Peca and Cossey both jumped at the same center near Seattle. They were in the same club. Don Brennan was also there. The next book out by Lisa Story should have an elaborate timeline that you can simply follow since you can't put it together without one. I suggest you read the three books on Walter Peca now and then read hers when it comes out. I'm not going to print her work out for you before the book release BETTER OFF DEAD. Meanwhile have fun with those Red Herring 302's ~!!!!!

You keep making claims and REFUSE to provide any evidence.. you look like a hypocrite demanding evidence from others and having none..

You'd think it would be easy if it was true... 

When did Reca/Peca leave his family and move to Wa..  just show evidence of the dates..

This should be really easy....

Edited by FLYJACK

Once "deep state" enters the conversation, all reason leaves. Anything that doesn't line up is because "they" are fooling you and you're a sucker for believing it. It's the same as the "eye-witnesses can be wrong" thing. Once you go there, all bets are off, and all things are possible. 

Personally, Fly, I wouldn't chase anyone down that rabbit hole. If you corner them they'll just claim they were trying to make you follow them and declare victory. 

The guy's obviously Froot Loops. Let him get stale all on his own. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Math of Insects said:

Once "deep state" enters the conversation, all reason leaves. Anything that doesn't line up is because "they" are fooling you and you're a sucker for believing it. It's the same as the "eye-witnesses can be wrong" thing. Once you go there, all bets are off, and all things are possible. 

Personally, Fly, I wouldn't chase anyone down that rabbit hole. If you corner them they'll just claim they were trying to make you follow them and declare victory. 

The guy's obviously Froot Loops. Let him get stale all on his own. 

2747BB33-A915-4683-BBF2-499BBCEF0C2E.gif

• Like 2

13 hours ago, georger said:

OK, let me consult with a few people. This may take some time. Note kit name used in header.

DZ went down - guess its back up ? I lost what I was posting so will have to rebuild it all.  >:( Later .....

Edited by georger

DNA report on specimen K2 Langseth, in Part77:  

This concerns pages 263/264 a two part report in Part77,  which is a report on a specimen “K2”  identified as a buccal swab from one Jason T Langseth,  a suspect in the DB Cooper hijacking. Langseth’s dna is being compared with one or more multi donor partial profiles the FBI has, to determine if Langseth can be ruled in or out as a suspect. Langseth was ruled out after a comparison of nine (9) loci + AMEL for sex in the CODIS13 system.

Page 264 shows the Langseth  profile obtained.  This illustration is not DB Cooper’s profile! It is Langseth’s profile only.

This new information may suggest that the multi-donor profile the FBI Lab was using, consisted of at least nine loci to a statistical standard certainty, it felt confident in using for comparisons.

After pages 263/-264 other 302s through pages 268, 281, 296 etc  document other dna comparisons the FBI made; with suspects such as Weber, Christiansen, etc. Its interesting reading if nothing else.

Attached: the Langseth profile, and a Codis13 chart.       

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 02-06-30 CODIS STR DNA Loci.png

Edited by georger

3 hours ago, georger said:

DNA report on specimen K2 Langseth, in Part77:  

This concerns pages 263/264 a two part report in Part77,  which is a report on a specimen “K2”  identified as a buccal swab from one Jason T Langseth,  a suspect in the DB Cooper hijacking. Langseth’s dna is being compared with one or more multi donor partial profiles the FBI has, to determine if Langseth can be ruled in or out as a suspect. Langseth was ruled out after a comparison of nine (9) loci + AMEL for sex in the CODIS13 system.

Page 264 shows the Langseth  profile obtained.  This illustration is not DB Cooper’s profile! It is Langseth’s profile only.

This new information may suggest that the multi-donor profile the FBI Lab was using, consisted of at least nine loci to a statistical standard certainty, it felt confident in using for comparisons.

After pages 263/-264 other 302s through pages 268, 281, 296 etc  document other dna comparisons the FBI made; with suspects such as Weber, Christiansen, etc. Its interesting reading if nothing else.

Attached: the Langseth profile, and a Codis13 chart.       

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 02-06-30 CODIS STR DNA Loci.png

Yea we aren’t likely to get Cooper’s DNA readout. I remember years ago hearing that they had 9 loci, but it was told to me with the caveat that I could not chat about it. So some of you guys had some good inside info, which is a good thing. The DNA thing has always fascinated me, both from a Cooper standpoint and from personal family research. I’ve had my DNA uploaded for a while, and that gives one a whole new insight into how people are related. The Golden State Killer case went back to 4th cousins (I’ve read 3rd too). They had 1,000 people to look at. Even if those 1,000 were still alive, that’s 1,000 out of 350 million in the US. The chances of DNA matching or two people being related is very very low. So when there is a DNA match, it is pretty foolproof. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Yea we aren’t likely to get Cooper’s DNA readout. I remember years ago hearing that they had 9 loci, but it was told to me with the caveat that I could not chat about it. So some of you guys had some good inside info, which is a good thing. The DNA thing has always fascinated me, both from a Cooper standpoint and from personal family research. I’ve had my DNA uploaded for a while, and that gives one a whole new insight into how people are related. The Golden State Killer case went back to 4th cousins (I’ve read 3rd too). They had 1,000 people to look at. Even if those 1,000 were still alive, that’s 1,000 out of 350 million in the US. The chances of DNA matching or two people being related is very very low. So when there is a DNA match, it is pretty foolproof. 

What we have done here, is open Pandora's box!  I have no doubt some people will focus on this with abandon, and use it to make all kinds of claims, get press attention, and possibly turn the Cooper investigation into a literal circus.It's interesting to me that the FBI actually tested Kenneth Chrstiansen and Duane Weber, people I refuse to even call 'suspects', who were dismissable on other grounds. That must have been a political decision. It seems to me Colbert now has strong grounds for asking that Rackstraw's dna be tested, to get that matter settled once-and-for-all. And possibly a few other 'suspects', likewise. In retrospect, obviously Barb Dayton is not expressed in Q40/41 so that was a fantasy only and a total waste of people's time! Why? 

Tom Kaye may now get involved in a serious way? Darren may do several podcasts now that the road has been paved for him. Edwards may get involved and surprise us with something ... 

One key phrase in the report says: " “Based on the STR typing results, specimen K2 (LANGSETH) is excluded as a potential contributor to the mixture of DNA obtained from specimen Q40/Q41.”  The key word is "mixture". We aren't dealing with one single profile here but a mixture from x-number of individuals, all male. That has strong implications for arriving at a single profile which is Cooper, and Cooper's alone. Think about that!

Edited by georger