47 47
quade

DB Cooper

22 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

There was some discussion at CooperCon about the matchbooks and that Rataczak had seen them in the cockpit. He may have said this during one of his interviews? Anyone know which one? OleMiss it may have been you that brought it up. 

The ICS matchbook stuff comes from Tina in Tosaw and maybe I dreamed it, but I swear I heard Rat in an interview talking about it as well. It may have been in that 2 hour speech he gave at the NWO Museum. Again, I could have dreamt that, so don't take my word for it. 

1 hour ago, CooperNWO305 said:

There was some discussion at CooperCon about the matchbooks and that Rataczak had seen them in the cockpit. He may have said this during one of his interviews? Anyone know which one? OleMiss it may have been you that brought it up. 

He talks about it here forget the time stamp it’s been a minute. 

4 hours ago, olemisscub said:

Being shot point blank anywhere in the chest  with 12 gauge buckshot is not survivable. That may have been the dumbest scene in the whole movie and that includes the faux-chute scene. 

FBI 12 gauge load is probably triple aught 000 buckshot - 20 pellets in the average shell - will drop a large deer in his tracks at 50 yards. Inside 20 yards it will shred every artery and bone it hits causing massive unsurvivable damage and bleeding  The force will disable and put a large man right on his ass instantly which is exactly what is intended.  Vietnam Marines carried 12g 000.  Have you ever seen what the ten gauge version of 000 does ?  (A goose gun)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Edited by georger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Slim King said:

This does NOT look like a kill shot to me. Missed the heart and lungs completely. The buckshot was coming from the left side of this picture and probably downward.

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 2.15.51 AM.png

Really!  ?   Guess again.  They are just making it up - for you! ;P  Its pretty obvious you dont have any firsthand experience in these matters!

Edited by georger

10 hours ago, Math of Insects said:

Having said that...a key difference is that someone would have to have reported the hiker missing. This is the complicated part of the Cooper case.

It does complicate things quite a bit. However, if you realized or suspected that your husband or father or brother was hijacker D.B. Cooper, you might hold off on reporting that person missing in the event he turned up alive, right? 

Not sure if anyone posted this already, but this is Dr. Edwards latest podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/1-way-ticket-to-seattle-200-grand-please-the-db-cooper-story/id1573321645?i=1000587413283

At the ~1:26:10 mark, he references being asked by a "researcher" to come to America and support his suspect.  Was probably taking about Gryder...

• Like 1

So Dan has presented his final check mate evidence as:

1) The hijacker's alleged parachute  (would need to have this looked at by FBI or other SMEs)

2) McCoy and his parachute instructor's log books  (this is just data, circumstantial only in and of itself)

He's got to know that isn't enough right ?  

3 hours ago, JAGdb said:

So Dan has presented his final check mate evidence as:

1) The hijacker's alleged parachute  (would need to have this looked at by FBI or other SMEs)

2) McCoy and his parachute instructor's log books  (this is just data, circumstantial only in and of itself)

He's got to know that isn't enough right ?  

It can be rejected, but the only way to positively ID is if the canopy has the S/N 60-9707

Gryder's claim that the chute container was Cossey's and Cooper's is a mess..

I am beginning to believe he is scamming..

The chute container Gryder found has D-rings..  Hayden's did not.

Cossey was mistaken, his personal custom chute wasn't used. You don't supply one custom chute and regular chute as a set of bailout rigs... Further, Cossey's pull customization claim was not moving handle left to right. It was out and up. Cossey claimed the chute was sage green nylon container/sage green nylon straps.. Cossey also claimed his chute did not have D-rings..

Those stitches look new..

So, the chute container Gryder claims he found doesn't match Hayden's container and it doesn't match Cossey's false claim.

This is the container Gryder claims he found... it has D rings..

1150811897_ScreenShot2022-11-28at10_03_45PM.png.b5b0e7cae30e13a7d9fa026bec40eb19.png

8 hours ago, Slim King said:

Can this be compared to the other chute in the museum? Weren't they supposed to be identical? If not, how common was it to switch sides with the ripcord?

Don't worry Slim,, it is not Cooper's container..

Gryder needed a slam dunk piece of evidence and he somehow found a container.. wherever he got it, it isn't the one Cooper used.. it doesn't match Hayden's and it doesn't match Cossey's false claim that it was his personal chute.

I suspect Gryder may have planted it.. regardless, he got it wrong.

Gryder pulling this nonsense really undermines the Cooper case in the minds of the public..

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Eight Raleighs said:

It does complicate things quite a bit. However, if you realized or suspected that your husband or father or brother was hijacker D.B. Cooper, you might hold off on reporting that person missing in the event he turned up alive, right? 

I suppose, but now there's a new person potentially to "talk." Everybody talks.

If Cooper died, he was likely already alone enough to the extent that his disappearance didn't register for a while (or ever). If he didn't, IMO he was either caught or killed shortly after for something else. No one desperate enough to commit a terrorist act that was known to him almost certainly to result in his death or capture, then goes on to live a PTA life with no further episodes after that. It's fun to consider but not an actual thing.

Edited by Math of Insects

13 hours ago, olemisscub said:

Try again, Dan!

nocapewells.jpg

Again, Cossey didn't provide any parachutes that were used in the hijacking despite his claims and the above article.  And the FBI was still trying to get in touch with Cossey in the early morning of Thanksgiving Day which was several hours after the airliner had landed in Reno.

42 minutes ago, Slim King said:

A 12 gage is very powerful but the autopsy said that all vital organs were missed. Are you saying the photo is a fake?

No, I'm saying you don't have to hit vital organs to die of a gaping chest wound. Massive blood loss and your body going into shock is often fatal.

Is Nick O'Hara a sleazy and unscrupulous individual? Sure seems so. Regardless, that is a devastating wound. 

Edited by olemisscub

15 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Here is the snippet of Rat discussing it

1 hour ago, olemisscub said:

Here is the snippet of Rat discussing it

FullSizeRender.MOV

Thanks.  It sounds like he is repeating what Tina told him versus actually seeing the matchbooks in the cockpit.  When I was watching the whole video, he said that Cooper said "McChord is 20 miles from here."  I've seen 20 miles, 20 minutes.  I guess we won't know for sure what he said.

3 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Thanks.  It sounds like he is repeating what Tina told him versus actually seeing the matchbooks in the cockpit.  When I was watching the whole video, he said that Cooper said "McChord is 20 miles from here."  I've seen 20 miles, 20 minutes.  I guess we won't know for sure what he said.

Yeah I was misremembering Rat actually seeing them. Seems it was just mentioned in the debrief.

58 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I've always felt he was enjoying the publicity a bit too much.

Funny enough, before Georger edited his response, I was going to say: it doesn't really matter what you think (or any of us). You can think anything you want. But you can't then decide that because you think it, everything else has to be a lie, a sham, a conspiracy, or just wrong. It's just a thing you think.

FWIW (I'm basically talking past you now), there have been studies done on how well professional interrogators spot lying. It turns out...not so well. Same as everyone else and same as random. There are certain things that people notice--microexpressions and the like--but the assumption that they mean someone is lying turns out to be pretty reliably wrong. 

So in the end it just doesn't matter if you, Joe Internet Connection, think someone is one way or another. You're welcome to think it. But thinking it doesn't mean anything about anything.

6 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

It can be rejected, but the only way to positively ID is if the canopy has the S/N 60-9707

Gryder's claim that the chute container was Cossey's and Cooper's is a mess..

I am beginning to believe he is scamming..

The chute container Gryder found has D-rings..  Hayden's did not.

Cossey was mistaken, his personal custom chute wasn't used. You don't supply one custom chute and regular chute as a set of bailout rigs... Further, Cossey's pull customization claim was not moving handle left to right. It was out and up. Cossey claimed the chute was sage green nylon container/sage green nylon straps.. Cossey also claimed his chute did not have D-rings..

Those stitches look new..

So, the chute container Gryder claims he found doesn't match Hayden's container and it doesn't match Cossey's false claim.

This is the container Gryder claims he found... it has D rings..

1150811897_ScreenShot2022-11-28at10_03_45PM.png.b5b0e7cae30e13a7d9fa026bec40eb19.png

This rig looks like a B12 modified with D rings and an extended container.  I used to own and jump one with my American Papillon. I am also a rigger and have packed NB8 and NB6 rigs.  This rig is not a modified NB8

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Slim King said:

I don't think Gryder is 100% correct but I'm pretty sure they murdered McCoy. He's got that right. Cooper wasn't the only one working for Black Ops. Rackstraw and McCoy were both probably involved in the Grey State Shadow Government. They had several hijackings planned to achieve their goal of TSA style air traffic lockdown. McCoy wasn't a copy cat... He was part of the plan. He may have been part of the group that was supposed to pick up Cooper near Lake Merlin with Jake. However the plane took the normal flight path since the Snoqualmie Pass is only 3100 feet and they scooted right over into less populated terrain since the FBI expert had predicted that Cooper was going to blow up the Boeing 727. Jake, Phil Q and Tom Lambert........They have the answers. Nothing is as it first seems.

261847687_302198151768675_6383491689885661953_n.jpeg

This post is nonsense.  No one, repeat no one, was trying to have a "TSA style air traffic lockdown" in 1971.  In the early 1970s, I was flying the airlines regularly for business and personal travel.  The worst thing and only thing I personally saw related to security, and it was bad enough, was young black men routinely being pulled out of the ticket line and "interviewed".  And ever black man I saw interviewed passed the interview.

I have driven over Snoqualmie Pass and lived close to it for several years a long time ago.  This pass did not have anything, repeat anything, to do with the Cooper hijacking.  It was never even mentioned.

So less nonsense please.