47 47
quade

DB Cooper

12 minutes ago, Jay Ritchie said:

I presumed when he said '1/4 Mexican' he was indicating native American background? 

I've not see anything about Gregory specifying "1/4" of anything. Maybe he did, but I've only ever seen him refer to Cooper as possibly having some ancestry with those ethnicities. 

Some comments. Someone born in 1920 is a lot less likely to have mixed heritage than someone born in the 40s to today. The Native American piece is interesting, in that I can’t think of a time when I confused a Native American for someone Latin. The eyes are what get me though for NA, the dark brown eyes. Remember, people from Latin America are heavily descended from the Spanish and Portuguese. Columbus was Italian.  There is an FBI document that suggests possibly Italian, Catholic too. 

I don’t know how we can dismiss Gregory. I also wonder why Mitchell did not see dark or olive. However, enough people did. 

Swarthy for me conjures up memories of my friend’s Greek or Italian fathers. I’m from the Northeast, which is very mixed in terms of Europeans. 

If I was looking for Cooper, I would not be looking in Scandinavia or in Ireland/Scotland. This I’ve said long before Vordahl and Vince Peterson. I’ve visited Scandinavia many times, and frankly you see pale and light hair and skin. There are always outliers, yes, but the majority of people up there would not pass for Cooper. We went through this all with Sheridan. 

I might buy Finnish, but then I’d expect to see some distinct Finnish features, which I don’t. The Finns I’ve known have been mostly light, but darker than Scandinavians. 

The sketch does not say NA to me at all. It was and is a small group of people who didn’t really marry outside of their own at that point. But one witness did say it. 

Cooper may be a blonde hair Dane, but my guess is we are looking for someone of Eastern/Southern/Western European descent. Not Northern Germany. I’d start on the Mediterranean Sea and work around that. 

I study a lot of genealogy. Many ethnic groups in Europe came to the U.S., not from Italy to Norway or from Spain to Ireland. 

This was one of the main issues with Sheridan. The witnesses said olive, swarthy, Latin, Native American. Medium. Smooth. Dark. Etc. When we are dealing with this, color pictures are preferable. Hard to get, but necessary. High quality black and white maybe. 

Edited by CooperNWO305

15 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

I’ve visited Scandinavia many times, and frankly you see pale and light hair and skin. There are always outliers, yes, but the majority of people up there would not pass for Cooper. 

https://www.beautyanswered.com/what-are-the-characteristics-of-dark-olive-skin.htm

"People of Mediterranean origin, who are from Italy, Spain, or Turkey, often have olive skin tones. Scandinavian countries like Finland and Norway also produce olive skin, as do Native Americans, Latinos, and some African Americans."

Edited by olemisscub

16 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

I don’t know how we can dismiss Gregory. I also wonder why Mitchell did not see dark or olive. However, enough people did. 

Mitchell did say, in critiquing the "Hoodlum" sketch that it needed to be changed to "reflect a man with a slighter darker complexion"

2 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I have A CHECK LIST ... He gets more checks than anyone else so far.  His service in Para-Rescue is quite impressive. I wonder why the best skydiver in Washington was never even interviewed by the FBI or anyone else? (On the record) And he looks a lot like the very first sketch. But I have an open mind if you have a better suspect. 

47269711_523487458142540_4976772197231099904_n.jpeg

Unfortunately the checks are on negative side of the ledger,,,

Did you mark down the ability to drift 100 miles under canopy in a strong wind...

4 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I have A CHECK LIST ... He gets more checks than anyone else so far.  His service in Para-Rescue is quite impressive. I wonder why the best skydiver in Washington was never even interviewed by the FBI or anyone else? (On the record) And he looks a lot like the very first sketch. But I have an open mind if you have a better suspect. 

47269711_523487458142540_4976772197231099904_n.jpeg

I guess I'll be the one to tell you that the first sketch is not in any way a legitimate Cooper sketch. It was not drawn with the cooperation of any eyewitnesses assisting the sketch artist. It was a template sketch created solely via witness descriptions that the artist read via fax i.e. "black hair, 45 years old, sunglasses, medium build". It's a template that the sketch artist used for making adjustments. The Reca camp can't even get that basic fact right. 

Claiming a victory because the generic template sketch looks like your Cooper suspect is not quite as goofy as claiming that your Cooper suspect landed 100 miles away from the suspected drop zone, but it's close. 

34 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I believe that Walter Peca/Reca's niece has all the information. She often shares the evidence on the net. Why would anyone give me the original records? There quite a bit of important documentation on the Facebook page. Here's an example.

59203819_602794730211812_4931869675656052736_n.jpeg

I’ve looked all those places. This picture tells me very little, and I know what to look for. On his grave the word Veteran is misspelled. Do you have someone with military service who has reviewed his files? I’m not asking for the actual originals. The Army keeps those. Copies. 

I can't find Reca/Peca anywhere on Fold3.com. I suspect he was in the military for a minute and got discharged for something. He was ashamed of this and made up an entire life of lies to compensate. 

This is NOT a Veteran's Headstone. Much like his sloppy fake KGB ID, his fake headstone is rife with mistakes.

154982520_1447526934 (1).jpg

Just now, Slim King said:

So you think it's a fake headstone? I'd like to get my money back for a misspelling for eternity. I've never thought the KGB ID was real.  Walter had many fake ID's with various names. He also had many articles in the newspaper for real.

No one has ever denied he was a skydiver. 

13 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

I can't find Reca/Peca anywhere on Fold3.com. I suspect he was in the military for a minute and got discharged for something. He was ashamed of this and made up an entire life of lies to compensate. 

This is NOT a Veteran's Headstone. Much like his sloppy fake KGB ID, his fake headstone is rife with mistakes.

154982520_1447526934 (1).jpg

The marker looks like something purchased ahead of time, and would not be from the military.

However, I can tell you it took almost 9 months to get the required documents for my mother's marker. She didn't keep any of her documents and it took several interventions from some friends still in the military to finally get her discharge papers.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Slim King said:

You just claimed he wasn't in the military. I'd love to see some proof. Maybe I've been hoodwinked. Please.... Show me the proof.

images.jpeg

I said I suspected he "was in the military for a minute".

I stand by that considering that the only pics you keep showing are pics of him that look like he's at Jump School but has yet to receive his wings. 

4 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

I said I suspected he "was in the military for a minute".

I stand by that considering that the only pics you keep showing are pics of him that look like he's at Jump School but has yet to receive his wings. 

He's wearing a patch for the 11th airborne division in these pictures. 

2 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

that's correct. I'd expect to see photos of the man during active duty if he was in the military for any length of time. 

This would have been after he completed jump school. These were likely taken when he was in Alaska. I dunno, this seems like an odd line of inquiry in Reca, when there are so many other crazy things going on in his story.

I do wonder if he got dishonorably discharged, that might be one of the reasons he has a private marker instead of an issued one.

3 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Someone wanted proof that he was in the military and  provided it. And in typical forum fashion they demand MORE PROOF ...

I didn't ask for proof. I knew he had been in the military as I had seen the photos that you posted before. However, he doesn't have an official marker and has no military records on Fold3. If he had been deployed overseas during Korea he'd more than likely have something on that website. 

7 minutes ago, Andrade1812 said:

This would have been after he completed jump school. These were likely taken when he was in Alaska.

Is there a reason for thinking this is in Alaska? If it was after jump school he wouldn't have been caught dead without his jump wings on his uniform. 

15 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

Is there a reason for thinking this is in Alaska? If it was after jump school he wouldn't have been caught dead without his jump wings on his uniform. 

He's wearing an Ike jacket, not his Class A's. He also has jump boots and the right hat on. There's a slim possibility he was sent to the division before his assigned jump school. Simplest explanation is these were taken after jump school.

I would expect to see jump wings on that uniform. He has a patch and other insignia.  It’s not an overcoat, it’s a uniform jacket. The overcoat would not have wings. He does have the jump boots though. Bottom line is that his background is suspicious. He’s a proven crook and it seems like he is a liar. No one would care, but he is claiming to be Cooper. 

9 minutes ago, Andrade1812 said:

He's wearing an Ike jacket, not his Class A's. He also has jump boots and the right hat on. There's a slim possibility he was sent to the division before his assigned jump school. Simplest explanation is these were taken after jump school.

Perhaps you are right. Lack of Jump Wings is a weird omission in these photos. 

52 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Walter scores the highest on my Checklist... If someone told me he was booted out of the military for some criminal act I would not be surprised, but no one has provided that information as of yet. Besides, Black Ops wouldn't necessarily give a crap if the guy has the skillset they needed.... And Walter did.

51315404_556481508176468_921061710926708736_n.png

64 jumps in 1958? 

Do they count military jumps?

7 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Titanium-Antimony and salt was used as a flameproofing for textiles starting in the 50's...

That is why I sent a 1964 era Penny's tie to Tom for testing.. some of the particle may be inherent to the production/dying/flame proofing of Dacron Polyester.

It’s worth disproving, but I don’t personally think flame retardants are a probable explanation. Too much Ti, not enough Sb. No one is or was using “salt” as a fire retardant (but you can use it to extinguish metal fires) 

Having a control sample for the tie is great so thanks for sending that to TK Fly.