47 47
quade

DB Cooper

You both approach this seriously, which is more than anyone could claim about Mr. "All Petersons All the Time."

Neither of you is afraid to argue.

I think it would be more productive if Olemisscub made (or presented footage of, if it exists) his strongest argument for Vordahl, and Fly made his strongest argument against. Avoid getting personal, it's counterproductive. While I feel that any suspect based on the tie evidence needs to be considered marginal for now, the fact that Vordahl doesn't NOT look like Cooper, and at least lived in the right part of the country and worked in one of the presumed industries, means IMO he's at least worth having the conversation about, even if to eliminate him from further consideration.

Edited by Math of Insects
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Math of Insects said:

You both approach this seriously, which is more than anyone could claim about Mr. "All Petersons All the Time."

Neither of you is afraid to argue.

I think it would be more productive if Olemisscub made (or presented footage of, if it exists) his strongest argument for Vordahl, and Fly made his strongest argument against. Avoid getting personal, it's counterproductive. While I feel that any suspect based on the tie evidence needs to be considered marginal for now, the fact that Vordahl doesn't NOT look like Cooper, and at least lived in the right part of the country and worked in one of the presumed industries, means IMO he's at least worth having the conversation about. 

Serious note,, I have information that I can't share publicly, I have been instructed, sounds like a dodge but it is hard to argue something when you can't reveal it.. 

The guy resembles the sketch and worked with Titanium but there is no evidence Cooper lived in the PNW.

I am just fed up with weak suspects sucking all the energy out of the case..

First Ulis's suspect,, now this guy...

Find a guy that resembles one of the Cooper sketches and might have been exposed to Titanium and you can have your own Cooper suspect..

It is getting beyond ridiculous..

Edited by FLYJACK

7 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Serious note,, I have information that I can't share publicly, I have been instructed, sounds like a dodge but it is hard to argue something when you can't reveal it.. 

The guy resembles the sketch and worked with Titanium but there is no evidence Cooper lived in the PNW.

Fair enough. Is there a way to indicate the NATURE of the evidence that you can't share? Is it evidence that specifically voids the idea that Vordahl could be involved, or is it evidence that points specifically to someone who is not him?

I think the arguments against Petersen are so obvious as barely to need to mentioning. As I understand it, the Vordahl presentation went over well. So I think it merits at least spelling out what makes him a lousy suspect. 

I have some thoughts on it but I'd be curious to hear informed rebuttals. You mentioned the hair part. I think his age qualifies as another. The particles are a whole different matter; but let's say you start with them as gospel (which is not foregone). What makes him a bad destination to arrive at once you do?

2 minutes ago, Math of Insects said:

Fair enough. Is there a way to indicate the NATURE of the evidence that you can't share? Is it evidence that specifically voids the idea that Vordahl could be involved, or is it evidence that points specifically to someone who is not him?

I think the arguments against Petersen are so obvious as barely to need to mentioning. As I understand it, the Vordahl presentation went over well. So I think it merits at least spelling out what makes him a lousy suspect. 

I have some thoughts on it but I'd be curious to hear informed rebuttals. You mentioned the hair part. I think his age qualifies as another. The particles are a whole different matter; but let's say you start with them as gospel (which is not foregone). What makes him a bad destination to arrive at once you do?

I have both undisclosed suspect info and specific Cooper case evidence.. but it is not my job to challenge marginal suspects. 

These guys will push their suspect no matter what.. I know exactly how it will go.. 

22 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

I have both undisclosed suspect info and specific Cooper case evidence.. but it is not my job to challenge marginal suspects. 

These guys will push their suspect no matter what.. I know exactly how it will go.. 

I can appreciate that. There is a big difference, though, between knowing a suspect someone else suggests can't be right because of information known only to you, and demonstrating why it couldn't be right for other reasons. If someone doesn't know what you know, they have to fish in other waters. Not all the results will be stupid; just wrong. 

Really what I was getting at, though, is that I am sensing this suspect will be around for awhile. Whether or not the OG proposers of him ever move on, others will dig in on him. So if there are logical or factual flaws in the case, I think it would do the case itself good for you (or someone) to lay them out.

For me, the use of the tie particles is a big one, and of course everyone seems like Cooper when you start in retrospect. I have other concerns as well. But it whereas Petersen is pretty much self-explanatory, I think a logical counter-argument might be needed for Vordahl, if you don't want to see that name float around for the rest of our natural lives. 

2 hours ago, Math of Insects said:

I can appreciate that. There is a big difference, though, between knowing a suspect someone else suggests can't be right because of information known only to you, and demonstrating why it couldn't be right for other reasons. If someone doesn't know what you know, they have to fish in other waters. Not all the results will be stupid; just wrong. 

Really what I was getting at, though, is that I am sensing this suspect will be around for awhile. Whether or not the OG proposers of him ever move on, others will dig in on him. So if there are logical or factual flaws in the case, I think it would do the case itself good for you (or someone) to lay them out.

For me, the use of the tie particles is a big one, and of course everyone seems like Cooper when you start in retrospect. I have other concerns as well. But it whereas Petersen is pretty much self-explanatory, I think a logical counter-argument might be needed for Vordahl, if you don't want to see that name float around for the rest of our natural lives. 

Unfortunately, we will be stuck with weak suspects like this...

at least until I release my info..

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

Unfortunately, we will be stuck with weak suspects like this...

at least until I release my info..

Im not so sure. Ulis changes his mind every Thursday. Again on Tuesday.  And again on Sunday. Each time he is as certain as the last time. 365 positions per year. Whatever he can produce into something money making, he said. Everything is just a tool for Ulis and it changes daily. When CC22 ends it will fade into oblivion in time for the next news release. People are already tired of this nonsense. Ulis ran out  of ideas the day he started this chain letter .... because there is nothing of substance. Just ideas and debates of nothing. This year there were several CooperCons to select from - which one did Ulis attend? ¬¬

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 22-59-26 Posse da Nova Gestão da Coopercon-22 Tapis Rouge.png

Edited by georger

I haven’t looked at this thread in probably 10 years.  There's now over 59,000 posts here and this is 51 years after the event. 

Find something more productive to do with your life and spare time.  There’s actually shit such as “CooperCon”?  Wow; WTF? 

It’s not exactly a murder case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RMK said:

I haven’t looked at this thread in probably 10 years.  There's now over 59,000 posts here and this is 51 years after the event. 

Find something more productive to do with your life and spare time.  There’s actually shit such as “CooperCon”?  Wow; WTF? 

I doubt there will be any hurt feelings if you do not look at this thread for another 10 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RMK said:

Crazy right..

This is the only unsolved skyjacking for ransom and arguably one of the top 10 historic US mysteries..

and this thread has only 1,514,904 views...

The LEMMiNO DB Cooper video on youtube has 13 million views..

12 minutes ago, RMK said:

No, just people devoting their life trying to solve it.

Spend your time and efforts making your life and/or those around you better.

Most of the top tier Cooper sleuths are above average intelligence... there are some oddballs.

What makes you think you can't do both..

The Cooper case is a very complex real life puzzle, it is an intellectual exercise to challenge your mind against others and yourself.. People seek out and do this all the time, this just happens to be a famous unsolved crime.. It is like anything if you don't have an adequate understanding of the subject matter, you don't get it.. Though I played almost every sport, I just don't get basketball, I can't watch it and I don't play it.. Why, because I haven't taken the time to understand it. 

For the Cooper case, I have seen that the more people get into the subject the more they get hooked.. and once hooked you can never leave.

1 hour ago, Eight Raleighs said:

I’ll bite: How did you?

That was interesting.. I had done research on Rem Cru and Sprague Electric,, I believe those tie particles are most likely from a high end industrial/military/electronics environment..

olemisscub had said his suspect was 58, a bit off the high side for Cooper... while researching I accidentally found their tracks they left on the internet which indicated that Vordahl was their suspect..

So, I asked olemisscub if he had any pics,, he said he dropped him as he was too old..

Of course I knew he was lying, totally understandable as they wanted to save him for CooperCon.. so I didn't push it.

But, Vordahl is not Cooper and the tie does not indicate Cooper worked in a Titanium rich environment. 

Why, because if he did the tie would have far more Titanium particles on it than it does.. Vordahl has 66 Ti patents with the name Milton B Vordahl and 20 more with Milton Bernard Vordahl, there might be some overlap I didn't check them all. Vordahl is Mr Titanium... the fact that the tie was not dominated with Ti particles indicates that Cooper was not in a Ti rich environment. (if he was actually wearing the tie at the time)

Also negatives..

Really pushing the age at 58.. 

Vordahl was high profile,, Cooper wasn't

Vordahl's hair is not marceled/wavy/curly, some pics it is parted on the wrong side

Vordahl doesn't have the swarthy/olive latin appearance and characteristics.

Vordahl does not look to have a protruding lower lip. At least in the pics so far.

Vordahl resembles sketch A, which was poor and made Cooper look too clean cut,,

Vordahl is good looking, Cooper was described as homely/Geeky

He doesn't fit Cooper's profile..  an outgoing high profile successful guy with 80 patents commits a hijacking in his own backyard with his face exposed.. doesn't make sense.

Cooper was a geeky desperate loner.. he was familiar with the Seattle/Tacoma area but did not live there.

That is also why I reject Braden,,, Braden was a badass, he even looks like a badass with dimples,, Cooper was not a badass.. being a badass isn't a plus in the Cooper case. 

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 2