47 47
quade

DB Cooper

9 hours ago, olemisscub said:

Attempt to clean up KK5-1. Pretty damn hard to do without a clean nose or mouth. 

KKClean2.jpg

Houston we have a problem. Some corpse is stuck to the lander. Should we try and shake it off, or blast it off ! ?

Edited by georger
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, georger said:

Houston we have a problem. Some corpse is stuck to the lander. Should we try and shake it off, or blast it off ! ?

reminds me of a 302 where one of the Stews rejects a suspect when shown his photo by saying "he's much better looking than the hijacker"

Edited by olemisscub

I payed $20 to watch that movie during a "virtual film festival". I don't like to disparage anyone's work, but in this instance I will.

Absolute garbage. Two "bounty hunters" decide to make a film about a drunk that says he was DB Cooper. He doesn't know anything about the case, and would have been like 22 years old in 1971. The Treat Williams movie gets more about the case correct. The reenactments are done poorly and there is weird scene where they tresspass on Tena Bar, then announce to guy that catches them that they're armed. 

You know its trash if I won't promote it, or have anyone from that project on the show. lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

AND.. another nonsense Cooper film, the gift that keeps giving.

If everyone is Cooper then nobody is Cooper...

But EVERYONE is Cooper! Everyone is entitled.   Soon no one will care.

Edited by georger

I want to draw attention to the Ryan Burns, criminal attorney interview at: https://thecoopervortex.podbean.com/e/db-cooper-is-misunderstood-ryan-burns/

It is an exceptional interview imo with valuable research insights. It's a long interview but worth your time. Burns draws on his background as a practicing criminal attorney to evaluate Cooper's profile and actions, in detail. I like Burn's rational - behavioral approach and his ability to pick apart people's stories and various facets of the Cooper case testimony..

Burns makes a very strong presentation comparing and evaluating the most prominent Cooper suspects. Its worth your time. Ryan can be found on the DB Cooper Mystery Group of Facebook or on The DB Cooper Forum and the DropZone under the user name OleMissCub.

I am impressed with the amount of quality thought and work Burns has put into the Cooper case. More about Ryan's interview later.

Edited by georger
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Does anyone know the source of Mitchell’s comment about Cooper wearing long underwear?

https://www.historynet.com/legend-of-d-b-cooper-what-happened-to-historys-most-famous-hijacker/

yes, a few sources.... and nothing reliable or certain.

it was pushed by Jo Weber, she claimed Mitchel told her he saw thick socks or long underwear.. 

Tosaw's book cites Mitchell saying long underwear or whatever was showing over his socks..

agents believed thermal long underwear..

Coffelt's story includes thermal underwear..

So, there is no confirmation of long underwear...

Mitchell said in the WHMS interview that he looked geeky, his shoes and socks didn't match,, but he never mentioned long underwear...

There is a conflict,, Cooper had ankle high laceless shoes, how could his socks be seen.

Conclusion, long underwear is unsubstantiated..

Edited by FLYJACK

Chaucer,,,

"Attached are images from charts that I requested from the National Archives. They are from the Enroute High Altitude charts dated October 14th, 1971. As Dr. Edwards states in the blog post above, it is now conclusive that when the R2 handed off 305 at 7:59pm, he did so to the wrong radar operator. He handed 305 off to the high altitude R16 sector rather than the R4 sector manned by Cliff Ammerman. Eventually, at 8:13 pm, the crew of Flight 305 began communicating with Ammerman as the R5 operator. As a result, if Bill Rataczak shouted "There he goes! Mark it on your shrimp boats!" between 7:59 and 8:13, he was likely speaking into dead air. "

After attacking Rataczak's credibility in a now deleted delusional and unhinged video, Chaucer gets something right..

This is what was assumed.. Rataczak said "mark your shrimp boats" into dead air.. so it wasn't recorded.

It supports the 8:11-8:13 jump time recorded by Soderlind listening live.

The Columbia River landing is DOA..

13 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

it was pushed by Jo Webber, she claimed Mitchel told her he saw thick socks or long underwear.. 

Tosaw's book cites Mitchell saying long underwear or whatever was showing over his socks..

Mitchell said in the WHMS interview that he looked geeky, his shoes and socks didn't match,, but he never mentioned long underwear...

There is a conflict,, Cooper had ankle high laceless shoes, how could his socks be seen.

Gunther's book also has him wearing thermal underwear underneath his suit.

2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

it was pushed by Jo Webber, she claimed Mitchel told her he saw thick socks or long underwear.. 

The three real experts on Jo Weber were (a) Galen Cook, Bruce Smith (b) Sluggo, and (c) a female attorney in the Portland-Vancouver area Jo talked to frequently by phone, visited on her trip to WA, ... this female attorney was plugged into the Cooper case and was full of the latest FBI info she then conveyed to JO. That was Jo's source for FBI info nobody else had and I think Jo conveyed this to Mr Cook ........ I would have to dig out old emails between myself and Cook. I probably posted something about this years ago here at DZ but people payed no attention.

Jo Weber was a networker' and a 'busybody' because it was part of her and Duane's profession.

OleMiss speculates about this in his recent interview with Darren, wondering how it was that Jo often had privileged info about what the FBI was doing etc in the Cooper case - according to Cook it was some female attorney in the Portland area Jo talked to almost daily...

To understand Jo you had to know and understand her connections.  Her telephone was her primary device for obtaining information. When Jo finally took her trip to WA, supported by some producer she claimed, she apparently got snubbed by a lot of people she had hoped she would be welcomed by ...  and she went home empty handed and pissed (so goes the story conveyed by Cook). Perhaps Cook was playing a double role, conveying info about Jo to the FBI ?  But to understand Jo Weber you have to understand Galen Cook, Bruce Smith, and Jerry Thomas, and Ralph Himmelsbach.     

The backstory on Jo and other 'researchers' has often been more important than the Cooper story itself but vital to understand in order to track and understand people's claims and any info they claim to have. The Citizen Sleuths had hardly been formed before Jo Weber was already all over it trying to contact members ... to leverage information.  And the same from Geof Gray ...

Edited by georger
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, georger said:

The three real experts on Jo Weber were (a) Galen Cook, Bruce Smith (b) Sluggo, and (c) a female attorney in the Portland-Vancouver area Jo talked to frequently by phone, visited on her trip to WA, ... this female attorney was plugged into the Cooper case and was full of the latest FBI info she then conveyed to JO. That was Jo's source for FBI info nobody else had and I think Jo conveyed this to Mr Cook ........ I would have to dig out old emails between myself and Cook. I probably posted something about this years ago here at DZ.

OleMiss speculates about this in his recent interview with Darren, wondering how it was that Jo often had privileged info about what the FBI was doing etc in the Cooper case - according to Cook it was some female attorney in the Portland area Jo talked to almost daily...

To understand Jo you had to know and understand her connections.  Her telephone was her primary device for obtaining information. When Jo finally took her trip to WA, supported by some producer she claimed, she apparently got snubbed by a lot of people she had hoped she would be welcomed by ...  and she went home empty handed and pissed (so goes the story conveyed by Cook). Perhaps Cook was playing a double role, conveying info about Jo to the FBI ?  But to understand Jo Weber you have to understand Galen Cook, Bruce Smith, and Jerry Thomas, and Ralph Himmelsbach.     

Actually, to understand Jo Weber, you would need to have her evaluated by several world class psychiatrists first.  And their evaluations would probably result in a number of archive publications advancing their field.

29 minutes ago, Robert99 said:

Actually, to understand Jo Weber, you would need to have her evaluated by several world class psychiatrists first.  And their evaluations would probably result in a number of archive publications advancing their field.

Nonsense.  Not psychiatric. Look up "Street Corner Society". Basic sociology and social-psychology,  born of basic human survival needs and how people satisfy those needs in the urban context. Spying, networking, and collecting information has always been vital to human survival ... from the earliest times. 

cb761efed6c798807f084341e381dbcb33b806b5.jpg

Edited by georger

26 minutes ago, Robert99 said:

Robert. I saw your post on the redacted transmissions. Any idea what might have been said? Something important or just typical redactions?

Apparently, Cooper was a loner - or was he?  He built a bomb, said he had found the right plane in the right place at the right time, live or stayed somewhere on planet Earth, but the massive FBI investigation picked up nothing related to a Cooper NETWORK. All humans have a Network! People cant exist without one. The Cooper tie manifests evidence of some massive network - somewhere on Earth. But nobody can crack the network, like some extinct code. Bruce Smith has been forced to tap the paranormal! ]:)  

Cooper was CIA, KGB, ........ maybe Cooper came from Oak Island ?  :D

He used the human information network but does not connect to it.

Only Galen Cook KNOWS!   Jo Weber KNEW! 

Happy Halloweiner.

bhimbetka2.jpg

Edited by georger

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

Jo also claimed Cooper had a scar on his left hand... this has never been sourced.

Gunther also said Cooper had a scar on the left hand, maybe Jo got it from that book..  

a hall of mirrors..

but, never confirmed..

I also think that is where Jo got this. Did Duane have a scar on his left hand?

3 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Robert. I saw your post on the redacted transmissions. Any idea what might have been said? Something important or just typical redactions?

Obviously, R99 is hinting at positional information, or any communication that would reveal flight path positions 305 was on, but 'somebody' redacted when the "PI Transcript' was made public. Who posted the comms transcript first?  Sluggo via Carr, or the SeattlePost Intelligencer? The Transcript appeared almost simultaneously from both sources.  Later, WSHM made it a centerpiece in their exposition.

So far as I can tell neither R99 or the WSHM has ever stated explicitly what the socalled redactions are or how anyone determined there were redactions. This never got straightened out in the Old DZ because both R99 and WSHM demurred from any explicit statement. Others who have examined the Transcript say there are/were no redactions - period!

And for the record, "60 Minutes" has never stated it either! :D 

It is a conspiracy theory R99 has pushed for years even before the WSHM Cooper exposition. . Spreading doubt about everything has always been key in R99's arsenal. Maybe the actual proof is back at R99s hotel room ? He and they know it - but nobody else knows it - yet ? It may be coming on the next .... asteroid ? 

Edited by georger

3 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

It would undoubtedly be something that would assist in determining Cooper's jump point among other things.  It might also be something to help determine Cooper's identity.  Whatever it is, it is something that the powers that be don't want made public.

When I joined DropZone in 2009, at Sluggo's suggestion, I made an early post that Cooper was probably going to be a former employee of Boeing or a former US government employee or contractor.  I have not seen anything in the last 13 years to change that possibility.