47 47
quade

DB Cooper

7 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Himmelsbach...  so, where did he get this from?

"Himmelsbach thinks other clues to Cooper being an ex-convict were the 'atrocious foul language' he used in talking to a stewardess and the way he smoked his cigarettes. Cooper was a heavy smoker and was indifferent to the fact that the smoke curled through his fingers and left nicotine stains, a trait Himmelsbach said is common among prison inmates."

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1986/11/22/Folk-hero-to-some-sleazy-rotten-crook-to-others/7021533019600/

It really seems like he's just conflating that phone call he got from the woman describing this loser she knew named Dan Cooper with the real Cooper. 

cooop.png

10 hours ago, olemisscub said:

It really seems like he's just conflating that phone call he got from the woman describing this loser she knew named Dan Cooper with the real Cooper. 

cooop.png

Is there some point to this ?  Something relevant to the Cooper hijacking case ?

9 hours ago, olemisscub said:

Not really. It’s from NORJAK and it’s just Ralph describing a call he got from some woman who was describing someone she knew named Dan Cooper

It is relevant.. it is the likely source for Himmelsbach's Cooper claim.. either an intentional or unintentional conflation..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

Since it looks like N467US had canvas lining the rear stairs based on that video clip Fly posted, then how did that fiberglass piece find its way into the hunting grounds underneath V23?

8 x 40" matches the trim piece above the stair at the end.. that piece was not missing from NORJAK.

Either that piece came loose and fell another 727 off or it was a hoax..

Edited by FLYJACK

7 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

Since it looks like N467US had canvas lining the rear stairs based on that video clip Fly posted, then how did that fiberglass piece find its way into the hunting grounds underneath V23?

V23 was a 'very heavily used' airway.

9 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

9 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

8 x 40" matches the trim piece above the stair at the end.. that piece was not missing from NORJAK.

Either that piece came loose and fell another 727 off or it was a hoax..

Since that fiberglass piece was not from NORJACK, has it been confirmed that it even was from a (later) 727, or what else it might be? Because, as has been mentioned previously, how many 727's would be flying around with the airstairs open? As in, anything more than none?

There is a piece on a 727 about 8x40" that sits at the end of the stairwell right above the end of the stairs.

Can this fall out, possibly. 

We can only speculate,, 

there are reports of airstairs falling open, not locking properly

there were Boeing airstair tests in the area

the part could have been broken and caught/pinched when airstair was closed and worked its way out

or, maybe it was just a hoax by the Boeing employee..

It was not the side panel and NORJAK was not missing any other part, so it was not from NORJAK.

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

There is a piece on a 727 about 8x40" that sits at the end of the stairwell right above the end of the stairs.

We can only speculate,, 

the part could have been broken and caught/pinched when airstair was closed and worked its way out

It was not the side panel and NORJAK was not missing any other part, so it was not from NORJAK.

Going off Sluggo's timeline, the plane takes off at 7:33 PM, and Cooper jumps at 8:12.  Sometime around 7:45 he is messing with the stairs, so there is potentially a 30 minute window where those stairs could have been flapping or moving, etc.  That also could be the time that he threw the briefcase out or other items.  What I'm wondering is how much of that area under the flight path has been searched, and if any of it is off limits.  

There was a Facebook post about the new Walter Reca book.  Amazon shows it published in January 2022, but all the reviews are from August to now.  Interesting that every single review is 5 stars and highly praises the book.  That is not suspicious at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Search-DB-Cooper-Cracked-People/dp/1614853290/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

14 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

There was a Facebook post about the new Walter Reca book.  Amazon shows it published in January 2022, but all the reviews are from August to now.  Interesting that every single review is 5 stars and highly praises the book.  That is not suspicious at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Search-DB-Cooper-Cracked-People/dp/1614853290/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Reca is a joke... a big waste of time. Those reviews look like the Reca shill brigade... including Slim King under different name.

Bruce should be able to post his Reca book review now..

I noticed Nicky B has dropped Klansnic as a suspect...

Edited by FLYJACK

1 hour ago, CooperNWO305 said:

I'm one of the people that reviewed the book. It's a good book. I've read a lot of really terrible books about DB Cooper, and Vern's book isn't one of them. Also, if I wrote a book I would ask a few of my friends to read it and leave a review. So I don't think that is "suspicious at all".

Is Reca Cooper? That's a different story.

26 minutes ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

I'm one of the people that reviewed the book. It's a good book. I've read a lot of really terrible books about DB Cooper, and Vern's book isn't one of them. Also, if I wrote a book I would ask a few of my friends to read it and leave a review. So I don't think that is "suspicious at all".

Is Reca Cooper? That's a different story.

The Vortex doesn't need any more fictional books about people who aren't Cooper.. 

Edward's book was the right direction..

Edited by FLYJACK

2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Reca is a joke... a big waste of time. Those reviews look like the Reca shill brigade... including Slim King under different name.

Bruce should be able to post his Reca book review now..

I noticed Nicky B has dropped Klansnic as a suspect...

Based of the Facebook Live broadcast, it sounds like Nicky is looking into another suspect, totally unrelated to Klansnic.  I do not know if this means he has dropped Klansnic. I assume that if something comes out about the new suspect that makes Nicky not interested in pursuing, then he might go back to Klansnic.

5 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

We can only speculate,, 

Boeing would not be doing such tests along the V-23 airway.  The sled drop tests were done over the Pacific Ocean.  The tests that only involved the deployment of the aft stairs would, in all probability, be done at the Boeing test facility at Moses Lake, Washington which is 200 air miles northeast of the Portland area and V-23.

1 hour ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Based of the Facebook Live broadcast, it sounds like Nicky is looking into another suspect, totally unrelated to Klansnic.  I do not know if this means he has dropped Klansnic. I assume that if something comes out about the new suspect that makes Nicky not interested in pursuing, then he might go back to Klansnic.

In this talk, he sounds like he dropped Klansnic.. 

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

In this talk, he sounds like he dropped Klansnic.. 

I have indeed dropped Klansnic. He was a hell of a candidate and an integral part of my journey in the vortex. I definitely wouldn’t be where I’m at today on the cusp of closing NORJAK if it wasn’t for him. He was instrumental in keeping my interest in the case alive and honing my investigatory skills. Raising a martini one olive on the rocks, I bid you farewell Ed. A truly fine representation of americas greatest generation! 

8FD5D3F7-6B19-4FE9-AB01-5939A9BB893E.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicholas Broughton said:

I have indeed dropped Klansnic. He was a hell of a candidate and an integral part of my journey in the vortex. I definitely wouldn’t be where I’m at today on the cusp of closing NORJAK if it wasn’t for him. He was instrumental in keeping my interest in the case alive and honing my investigatory skills. Raising a martini one olive on the rocks, I bid you farewell Ed. A truly fine representation of americas greatest generation! 

I gave Ulis credit for moving on from Sheridan and you deserve credit for moving on from Klansnic.. He ticked some boxes but didn't really fit the profile..

• Like 3

18 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I gave Ulis credit for moving on from Sheridan and you deserve credit for moving on from Klansnic.. He ticked some boxes but didn't really fit the profile..

What khamul will 'Erik of Portland' manufacture next? A breakthrough  in Yeti research?   

• Like 1