47 47
quade

DB Cooper

10 hours ago, Slim King said:

Am I a Troll or a Shill??? Which is it? I've made more progress on this case in the last few years than you have your entire life. At this point only a Mentalist like myself can see through all the Red Herrings that have been released into the stream of investigation. Looks like the nose on the picture fit's Peca to a tee!!!!

Both,,,  

You and the Reca team have done nothing but pollute the Cooper landscape with misinformation..  perhaps that was part of the plan.

15 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Alice said Cooper had his right hand in the case..

1145572650_ScreenShot2022-10-03at7_24_49PM.png.034b302bcacf5ac2fac862ae8c0b0660.png

If they could prove he was left handed it would narrow things down considerably, as something like 10% of the population is left handed.  As I remember, he could have sat on the left or right side of the plane, but he chose the right side, which would mean his right hand was in the briefcase.  If he had chosen the left side then his left hand would have been in there.  I guess one could argue that he would want his dominant hand on the bomb, or one could say he wanted his dominant hand free to drink with, smoke with, punch with if need be.  4 to 5 hours is a long time to have his hand in the briefcase.  Seems odd.  It would make sense that once it was just him and Tina that he could have taken it out. Little things matter.  Did he maybe go back to smoking with his right hand?

As for the ticket agent remembering which hand he used.   It is possible that he did not remember him using his left hand, versus remembering that he did use his right hand.  Meaning that if someone is a lefty, it usually stands out, sets off an alarm in your head, etc.  Leftys are just not that common.

I think Sheridan was lefty, hence the push for Cooper being left handed.

42 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

As I remember, he could have sat on the left or right side of the plane, but he chose the right side, which would mean his right hand was in the briefcase.  If he had chosen the left side then his left hand would have been in there. 

Wasn't Mitchell already seated? I always assumed he chose that side because it was opposite Mitchell. If Mitchell were seated on the right, would Coop have chosen to sit on the left? I don't recall Reca speaking to this, so I guess we'll never know. ^.^

36 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

If they could prove he was left handed it would narrow things down considerably, as something like 10% of the population is left handed.  As I remember, he could have sat on the left or right side of the plane, but he chose the right side, which would mean his right hand was in the briefcase.  If he had chosen the left side then his left hand would have been in there.  I guess one could argue that he would want his dominant hand on the bomb, or one could say he wanted his dominant hand free to drink with, smoke with, punch with if need be.  4 to 5 hours is a long time to have his hand in the briefcase.  Seems odd.  It would make sense that once it was just him and Tina that he could have taken it out. Little things matter.  Did he maybe go back to smoking with his right hand?

As for the ticket agent remembering which hand he used.   It is possible that he did not remember him using his left hand, versus remembering that he did use his right hand.  Meaning that if someone is a lefty, it usually stands out, sets off an alarm in your head, etc.  Leftys are just not that common.

I think Sheridan was lefty, hence the push for Cooper being left handed.

Having the hand in the case isn't that decisive, he could used the dominant hand and switched as witnesses have said.. left hand and right hand in the case.

What screams right hand is carrying the case to the lav in his left,, you carry things in your non-dominant hand because you need to use your dominant hand to open doors etc.... 

You can't switch hands mid carry, Cooper would have used his right hand to open the lav door (latch)....

18 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Wasn't Mitchell already seated? I always assumed he chose that side because it was opposite Mitchell. If Mitchell were seated on the right, would Coop have chosen to sit on the left? I don't recall Reca speaking to this, so I guess we'll never know. ^.^

Good point. I always have to go back on the little things to confirm.  I've heard he was the last one on, and also second to last.  It seems he wanted the back of the plane.  But when you're one of the last guys on the plane, you're risking not getting the seat you want.

2 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Good point. I always have to go back on the little things to confirm.  I've heard he was the last one on, and also second to last.  It seems he wanted the back of the plane.  But when you're one of the last guys on the plane, you're risking not getting the seat you want.

Bruce shared a story on the Cooper Forum about Cooper actually trying to board the plane early, but got turned back by Flo and sent to rejoin the rest of the passengers in the terminal... an interesting tale, but not sure if he ever dug up the source for the report.

10 hours ago, Slim King said:

The plane was far from full. Who wants. by the toilet anyway?

If you’re planning this big of a crime, your seat matters. So he’s taking a huge risk that someone will take his seat. I like the back. And on a short flight there may not be many people using the bathroom. He wanted those seats. His whole plan goes to shit if he gets on and someone is in those seats. It’s also Thanksgiving and a busy day. Huge risk. This also makes me think he may have tested the waters before. Maybe gone to the airport. Maybe talked himself out of it once or twice. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Having the hand in the case isn't that decisive, he could used the dominant hand and switched as witnesses have said.. left hand and right hand in the case.

What screams right hand is carrying the case to the lav in his left,, you carry things in your non-dominant hand because you need to use your dominant hand to open doors etc.... 

You can't switch hands mid carry, Cooper would have used his right hand to open the lav door (latch)....

Did the stewardesses, by any chance, note or observe which hand he used to hold the pocket knife when he was cutting up the shroud lines in order to wrap and make a handle for the money bag--were they even asked?  In my opinion, it's a high probability he used his dominant hand for that action.

49 minutes ago, JAGdb said:

Did the stewardesses, by any chance, note or observe which hand he used to hold the pocket knife when he was cutting up the shroud lines in order to wrap and make a handle for the money bag--were they even asked?  In my opinion, it's a high probability he used his dominant hand for that action.

Not known...

This cut suggests it was cut by a right handed person,, based on the two angles.

Flip it over and cut up...  right handed.

693392783_t07pink20cutcopy.jpg.3a269907c1a8e9d6754a6bdadc8f4605.jpg

• Like 2

(edited)
3 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

If you’re planning this big of a crime, your seat matters. So he’s taking a huge risk that someone will take his seat. I like the back. And on a short flight there may not be many people using the bathroom. He wanted those seats. His whole plan goes to shit if he gets on and someone is in those seats. It’s also Thanksgiving and a busy day. Huge risk. This also makes me think he may have tested the waters before. Maybe gone to the airport. Maybe talked himself out of it once or twice. 

He also needs the time and place and privacy to build the bomb - and assemble it. Where did he get the parts? Presumably he arrived and walked into the airport with it through some entry point. ?  Apparently no modifications to the case noticed. Two wires inside the case to be touched together by hand so no switch? But said his bomb was 'electronic' which may have been bullshit.   

To address Ckret's point: he didn;t bring his own parachute because he knew they would be available from McChord.

Edited by georger

11 minutes ago, georger said:

He also needs the time and place and privacy to build the bomb - and assemble it. Where did he get the parts? Presumably he arrived and walked into the airport with it through some entry point. ?  Apparently no modifications to the case noticed. Two wires inside the case to be touched together by hand so no switch? But said his bomb was 'electronic' which may have been bullshit.   

On 3/3/2021 at 4:52 PM, FLYJACK said:

The briefcase bomb from the 1970 movie Airport.

Duc tape, lantern battery and explosives...

movieairportbomb.jpeg.81c7cb6230c5f78806895e4b5fbe9e81.jpeg

airportbombbriefcase.jpeg.f79f4329921fd6741e0dab995cbbc7c3.jpeg

I was just thinking about that,,,  

The sticks were red,, people have claimed it was fake because dynamite was only tan,, this is false, I found there was red dynamite.

Maybe, Cooper just copied the bomb from the Airport movie...

• Like 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

The sticks were red,, people have claimed it was fake because dynamite was only tan,, this is false, I found there was red dynamite.

Didn’t Goerger say he had some colleagues made a bomb following the wiring Tina described in her debrief and the thing blew up?

Edited by Nicholas Broughton

3 minutes ago, Slim King said:

The real point is that they have the correct flight path on National TV.

That CBS flight path does not go to Cle Elum,, not even close.. It is just a TV graphic showing a straight line from Seattle to Reno.. it isn't meant to represent the flightpath, they probably had not even established it yet.

Your argument is nonsense, 

The recent flightpath you posted also does not go anywhere close to Cle Elum.

Your "evidence" even rules out Reca...

10 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

This film is eerily similar to the Cooper hijacking. Makes me wonder if Cooper wanted his family to get a life insurance policy. 

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

The line goes right over Cle Elum Washington much more than it does Portland Oregon ..rotflmao... Just look.

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 12.43.01 AM.png

It is just a straight line from Seattle to Reno... just a TV graphic..

It doesn't go anywhere near Cle Elum.. and neither does the other recent flightpath you posted with the same false claim,,

PRO TIP,, if you post evidence and make a claim make sure it actually supports your argument..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

It is just a straight line from Seattle to Reno... just a TV graphic..

It doesn't go anywhere near Cle Elum.. and neither does the other recent flightpath you posted with the same false claim,,

PRO TIP,, if you post evidence and make a claim make sure it actually supports your argument..

FlyJack is correct.  The airliner never went anywhere near Cle Elum.

On the flight from Portland to Seattle, the airliner stayed on V-23 until it was assigned to the Lofall intersection holding pattern northwest of SEATAC while the money and parachutes were secured.

On the flight from Seattle to Reno, the airliner departed to the south southwest on V-23 and stayed on V-23, or slightly west of V-23 in the Portland area, until it was in northern California.

The airliner was never east of Seattle until it turned toward Reno in northern California.

To repeat, the claim that the airliner flew anywhere near Cle Elum is nonsense. 

• Like 2

Here is the parachute keystone..

Cossey was contacted about chutes and told them to get them from Issaquah.

Lynn Emrick was initially asked for all four parachutes.. but he learned that the two backs were supplied by "Hayden" and only the two fronts were needed.

So, Cossey still believed all four including the backs came from Issaquah and were his..

Cossey was called and made aware of the chutes left on the plane in Reno, he gave the description of his chute he believed was used. Cossey would have learned shortly that his back chutes weren't used but he never corrected it and never provided his packing records. Since he did pack Hayden's chutes Cossey's narrative could float in a sort of gray area.. without getting exposed,,,  until now.

Cossey's description is wrong, they were looking for the wrong chute.

87164322_ScreenShot2022-10-06at8_31_52AM.png.206f91d15b6bb81f6af8b82d4b5a8d0c.png

28 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Here is the parachute keystone..

Cossey was contacted about chutes and told them to get them from Issaquah.

Lynn Emrick was initially asked for all four parachutes.. but he learned that the two backs were supplied by "Hayden" and only the two fronts were needed.

So, Cossey still believed all four including the backs came from Issaquah and were his..

Cossey was called and made aware of the chutes left on the plane in Reno, he gave the description of his chute he believed was used. Cossey would have learned shortly that his back chutes weren't used but he never corrected it and never provided his packing records. Since he did pack Hayden's chutes Cossey's narrative could float in a sort of gray area.. without getting exposed,,,  until now.

Cossey's description is wrong, they were looking for the wrong chute.

87164322_ScreenShot2022-10-06at8_31_52AM.png.206f91d15b6bb81f6af8b82d4b5a8d0c.png

What color and material was the back chute (Hayden's) that the hijacker actually used and can we trace 302s where a chute with those characteristics were rejected ?

This also completely nullifies the assertion that the hijacker had a customized/modified chute with a difficult to reach rip chord correct ?  

3 minutes ago, JAGdb said:

What color and material was the back chute (Hayden's) that the hijacker actually used and can we trace 302s where a chute with those characteristics were rejected ?

This also completely nullifies the assertion that the hijacker had a customized/modified chute with a difficult to reach rip chord correct ?  

Hayden didn't know the chute colour.. he said he never looked inside.

The early report in the 302 had Cooper's chute container olive drab and cotton tan harness... 11/25

Cossey described Cooper's chute as sage green nylon container and harness.. 11/26

There were many chutes found over the years that were rejected because they didn't match Cossey's description.. no way to track them down now..

and yes the customized ripcord was for Cossey's personal chute not Hayden's..

Besides, a rigger would never pack two emergency rigs for a pilot/non-jumper and customize one of the ripcords making hard to pull..  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

Hayden didn't know the chute colour.. he said he never looked inside.

The early report in the 302 had Cooper's chute container olive drab and cotton tan harness... 11/25

Cossey described Cooper's chute as sage green nylon container and harness.. 11/26

There were many chutes found over the years that were rejected because they didn't match Cossey's description.. no way to track them down now..

and yes the customized ripcord was for Cossey's personal chute not Hayden's..

Besides, a rigger would never pack two emergency rigs for a pilot/non-jumper and customize one of the ripcords making hard to pull..  

So was McChord ever contacted to supply chutes?  Do any 302s cite McChord as being the source for chutes? 

Maj Dawson - 2nd article money find amount!.JPG