47 47
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
1 hour ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Discussion on the Facebook group about maps. Why would pilots need maps? Wouldn’t they have some for their area? And if they didn’t, then what area did Cooper request? 

D0BB65C4-0D91-4DED-8E68-B3F23B8F803C.jpeg

69D6B16B-6E7F-4E94-85BF-9A6EDB065A16.png

I know.. They had no maps going south. I read somewhere in the FBI docs about maps for Medford.. So, the maps they requested were for the trip south. The plane route was never intended to go south of Portland, so they didn't have the maps.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
15 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I know.. They had no maps going south. I read somewhere in the FBI docs about maps for Medford.. So, the maps they requested were for the trip south. The plane route was never intended to go south of Portland, so they didn't have the maps.

Cooper wanted . . . . .  but he bailed before Portland after signalling he was going to jump. He built a bomb and showed it including the bomb's wiring to the stew who was then able to describe the bomb right down to its wiring and the colors of wires ... he wanted to convince people to take him seriously and obey his commands. Cooper had the initiative. The crew had nothing to compete with this! It's elementary but it works! Cooper left a tie - he evidently had no further need for that. The same for the bomb.

And now media people are hard at work trying to hijack the Cooper case! Because they are special - only media people can solve crimes! Moreover as stated by one media-politician, the Cooper case = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. That guy has been very clear in his demands. He wants to even select who can talk about the Cooper case and he and his friends have put that into motion, from the start. Cooper wanted .... Elvis wanted to buy a submarine and a tank ? As TK always says: ITS THE COOPER VORTEX!

Has the bidding war started yet? DB Cooper WANTED . . . .

Edited by georger

(edited)

Factoid? I have been told that Tina's father was an electrician. Is that true? Did she work with her father?

Tina gave a beautiful description of the bomb including colors of wires, black wire went here, red wire went there .. was connected to - , etc . . . she alerted the pilots when Cooper claimed his bomb 'was fused?' ... and might be affected by radio communications ....? 

Anyone in the Vortex want to draw any inferences from this?  

Why would Cooper go to the trouble of wiring his fake bomb or making it look like it was wired and explaining the bomb ,,, and if I touch these two wires together .... poof! ?

Cooper gave a technical presentation. Was Cooper a Kindergarten teacher? An FBI agent. A professional gambler.

Edited by georger

(edited)
3 hours ago, georger said:

Factoid? I have been told that Tina's father was an electrician. Is that true? Did she work with her father?

Tina gave a beautiful description of the bomb including colors of wires, black wire went here, red wire went there .. was connected to - , etc . . . she alerted the pilots when Cooper claimed his bomb 'was fused?' ... and might be affected by radio communications ....? 

Anyone in the Vortex want to draw any inferences from this?  

Why would Cooper go to the trouble of wiring his fake bomb or making it look like it was wired and explaining the bomb ,,, and if I touch these two wires together .... poof! ?

Cooper gave a technical presentation. Was Cooper a Kindergarten teacher? An FBI agent. A professional gambler.

It would be in the censuses. I’ll have to look later.

Edited by CooperNWO305

(edited)

JAG can get his questions answered here.  Its a complicated situation out of anyone's control.

There is no DB Cooper Supreme Court@! That is a media driven myth just as "40 DB Cooper Angels" is also a myth.  Follow the bouncing ball . . .

Edited by georger

(edited)

R99 says: Bruce has definitely put Cossey on the right peg.  Everything Cossey has said is bullshit.  Ignore him. 

Except that Cossey is the person who packed all of the chutes delivered to the plane, his name is on the packing cards ? Or is that all bs too, or a Cossey lie ?

How many more years will the chute psycho-drama continue?  1, 3, 6, 67, 6789 ?

Everything Cossey has said is bullshit. ?

Edited by georger

(edited)

When will lidar be used in the Cooper case?  R99 climas Cooper cratered near Tina Bar in a no pull. Would R99 and Hollywood be willing to finance a lidar search of the Tina Bar area for Cooper's crater?  Its time to do something real for a change!

05.jpg

Edited by georger

1 hour ago, georger said:

Would R99 and Hollywood be willing to finance a lidar search of the Tina Bar area for Cooper's crater? 

That's an interesting idea, but that crater would have eroded away loooong ago, especially in an area where it rains a lot. It depends on the terrain and how hard/compact the dirt is, but bounce craters generally aren't very deep.

One notable exception, if any of you are ghoulish enough to appreciate the humor in this. One time back in the 80's, some guy went in at Perris, and impacted in a neighboring nursery. Between rains and their soil preparation, this area was muddy to the point that walking through it, you'd sink in about shin to almost knee deep. Well, this guy's crater was a bout a foot or so deep. After everything was taken away, a couple jumpers who lived across the street in a trailer park known as 'the ghetto' made a plaster of paris mold of it, and set it in their yard as a birdbath. The drop zone owner caught wind of this, and smashed it up with a sledge hammer. Killjoy!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, georger said:

When will lidar be used in the Cooper case?  R99 climas Cooper cratered near Tina Bar in a no pull. Would R99 and Hollywood be willing to finance a lidar search of the Tina Bar area for Cooper's crater?  Its time to do something real for a change!

05.jpg

The idea of doing a lidar search and/or drone photography of Tena Bar is not original with Georger.  To the best of my knowledge, there is only one person who has seriously consider that and that person is me.

The registered survey firms in the Portland area have the capability of doing the above.

Would anyone be interested in discussing this further?

4 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

That's an interesting idea, but that crater would have eroded away loooong ago, especially in an area where it rains a lot. It depends on the terrain and how hard/compact the dirt is, but bounce craters generally aren't very deep.

One notable exception, if any of you are ghoulish enough to appreciate the humor in this. One time back in the 80's, some guy went in at Perris, and impacted in a neighboring nursery. Between rains and their soil preparation, this area was muddy to the point that walking through it, you'd sink in about shin to almost knee deep. Well, this guy's crater was a bout a foot or so deep. After everything was taken away, a couple jumpers who lived across the street in a trailer park known as 'the ghetto' made a plaster of paris mold of it, and set it in their yard as a birdbath. The drop zone owner caught wind of this, and smashed it up with a sledge hammer. Killjoy!

Great true story. Thanks!

2 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Cooper asked for a knapsack. Any idea what the average size of a knapsack would have been in 1971? I'm assuming much smaller than the bank bag he was given?

Don't know the size,, but I found that a knapsack is a small backpack with two straps...

though it doesn't have to be worn on the back..

(edited)

The Bellingham Herald article Nov 1987 (mentioned on Shutters site) Tina says Cooper had tobacco stained teeth..

this has never been mentioned before.. however, if you read the entire article there are many gross errors..

So, is it legit... maybe, maybe not..

Based on the other obvious gross errors in the article, I don't give it much credit without some other confirmation.

1146090745_ScreenShot2022-06-28at7_33_23PM.png.2d464360d1e7068525fb69c8e3fd1c2b.png

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

Don't know the size,, but I found that a knapsack is a small backpack with two straps...

though it doesn't have to be worn on the back..

So, Cooper didn't ask for specific denomination of bills. But, if he asked for 200 grand in a knapsack, can we assume he expected a larger denomination? I can't see all those 20's fitting in a knapsack.

26 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

So, Cooper didn't ask for specific denomination of bills. But, if he asked for 200 grand in a knapsack, can we assume he expected a larger denomination? I can't see all those 20's fitting in a knapsack.

MONEY IN THE BAG WEIGHED NINETEEN POUNDS AND THE CONTENTS MEASURED ELEVEN INCHES BY TWELVE INCHES BY SIX AND ONE HALF 

INCHES.” p 2026

That sounds like it would fit in a knapsack (20's), aka small backpack,,, 

but not smaller bills.

8 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

MONEY IN THE BAG WEIGHED NINETEEN POUNDS AND THE CONTENTS MEASURED ELEVEN INCHES BY TWELVE INCHES BY SIX AND ONE HALF 

INCHES.” p 2026

That sounds like it would fit in a knapsack (20's), aka small backpack,,, 

but not smaller bills.

Ok. I don't recall having seen those dimensions before, although I probably have. I assumed it would have been bigger than that. 

45 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Ok. I don't recall having seen those dimensions before, although I probably have. I assumed it would have been bigger than that. 

There was a demo at CooperCon of the bag filled with money as I remember, and some videos.  My observation is that it was a lot of money to fit into a knapsack.  I can only go off the ones I saw around the house when I was a kid or at other houses.  The book bag ones would be way too small.  The general purpose ones would have been real tight.  However, a military surplus or a hiking knapsack might have worked.  20 pounds is a lot to lug around if you are hiking, especially if it is not positioned well.  Granted I've hiked with a lot more, but still, 20 pounds can wear you out.

My assessment is that he did not plan this part very well.  I would have demanded a knapsack/backpack again, or seen if a passenger had one, or made the FBI get me one at a local store.  A knapsack could have been attached a lot easier than a money bag.  However, it sounds like he figured a way to do it.

We are pretty confident that he did not indicate what bills to get.  A $20 would be a good choice to spend to avoid being noticed.  $50 or $100 start to raise questions.  I guess if he says knapsack then the assumption is the money would come in a knapsack and therefore be whatever denomination fits into the knapsack.

Good thing they didn't bring $10 bills.

Regardless, if he landed with the money, then he would have been very motivated to get it out of the area, and would have figured a way to carry it out, or stash it.

Of all the theories, the Gunther one does not get much publicity.  That is that a few packets fell out while he was on the stairs, and that he landed with the rest, and hid it, but forgot he left some food with it, so when he came back, animals had gotten into the bag.

52 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

There was a demo at CooperCon of the bag filled with money as I remember, and some videos.  My observation is that it was a lot of money to fit into a knapsack.  I can only go off the ones I saw around the house when I was a kid or at other houses.  The book bag ones would be way too small.  The general purpose ones would have been real tight.  However, a military surplus or a hiking knapsack might have worked.  20 pounds is a lot to lug around if you are hiking, especially if it is not positioned well.  Granted I've hiked with a lot more, but still, 20 pounds can wear you out.

My assessment is that he did not plan this part very well.  I would have demanded a knapsack/backpack again, or seen if a passenger had one, or made the FBI get me one at a local store.  A knapsack could have been attached a lot easier than a money bag.  However, it sounds like he figured a way to do it.

We are pretty confident that he did not indicate what bills to get.  A $20 would be a good choice to spend to avoid being noticed.  $50 or $100 start to raise questions.  I guess if he says knapsack then the assumption is the money would come in a knapsack and therefore be whatever denomination fits into the knapsack.

Good thing they didn't bring $10 bills.

Regardless, if he landed with the money, then he would have been very motivated to get it out of the area, and would have figured a way to carry it out, or stash it.

Of all the theories, the Gunther one does not get much publicity.  That is that a few packets fell out while he was on the stairs, and that he landed with the rest, and hid it, but forgot he left some food with it, so when he came back, animals had gotten into the bag.

I agree, in denominations of $20's the money would just fit tight in an average sized knapsack,,

By asking for it in a knapsack Cooper had it figured out that the authorities were to make it fit. No smaller than $20's.. if all 20's didn't fit they could have used some larger bills,, but since they ignored Cooper's demand (probably intentionally) we'll never know.