47 47
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
6 hours ago, Robert99 said:

I have been to the Portland International Airport and it is not on the west side of Portland.

Himmelsbach's story about his helicopter ride was all on the west and southwest side of the Portland area.  Georger told me about 12 years ago that his sources related that the helicopter also went up to Woodland which is on the northwest side of the Portland area.  But Georger will probably deny that now.

Huh!?  are you trying to say something?

1a959a4a9eacad2f52ea96f95f71d3b9.jpg

Edited by georger

(edited)
3 hours ago, Coopericane said:

I found a single mention of Bald Mountain in the 302s, it comes from a newspaper clipping from '75.

DBCOOPER.PNG

Sweet! Thank you.  The reason I asked is because Carr mentioned the flight going near Bald and Green mts, when he was here years ago. I never knew his source for that.  Where does this article come from if you know ??? Was what this newspaper's source??

Pse identify the 302 ? Part, page, DBC number ? 

Edited by georger

I searched this forum for posts by hominid, and found six, dated between 09.29.2011 and 01.31.2012. The most detailed post is on 09.30.2011 (post #26003). Are there any others?

Evidently hominid interviewed a number of aviation professionals with direct knowledge of the case. As far as I can tell, he did not post transcripts of his interviews on this forum. Does anyone know if he did so on any other forum?

Incidentally I see that in his post of 09.30.2011, hominid believed that at some point the crew of Flight 305 received (or may have received) instructions to disable the B hydraulic system. But the flight engineer, in his interview with hominid and georger in 2014, attested that the system was not disabled: "We didn't want to disable the airstairs by defusing electrical power to hydraulic actuators."

• Like 1

15 hours ago, georger said:

Sweet! Thank you.  The reason I asked is because Carr mentioned the flight going near Bald and Green mts, when he was here years ago. I never knew his source for that.  Where does this article come from if you know ??? Was what this newspaper's source??

Pse identify the 302 ? Part, page, DBC number ? 

Part 54 page 169

(edited)
1 hour ago, DFS346 said:

I searched this forum for posts by hominid, and found six, dated between 09.29.2011 and 01.31.2012. The most detailed post is on 09.30.2011 (post #26003). Are there any others?

Evidently hominid interviewed a number of aviation professionals with direct knowledge of the case. As far as I can tell, he did not post transcripts of his interviews on this forum. Does anyone know if he did so on any other forum?

Incidentally I see that in his post of 09.30.2011, hominid believed that at some point the crew of Flight 305 received (or may have received) instructions to disable the B hydraulic system. But the flight engineer, in his interview with hominid and georger in 2014, attested that the system was not disabled: "We didn't want to disable the airstairs by defusing electrical power to hydraulic actuators."

TK and I have talked .... with Shutter helping. Apparently Hom has passed. The Hom interviews including the Anderson interviews will be put on a site somewhere for people to download - give us time. Its hot, people are busy ... there is no urgency about this.

Edited by georger
  • Like 1

(edited)

Hominid always responded within one day on my emails. after looking further it was in 2019 that I last contacted him about the placard. I have sent multiple emails since about 2020 and got no response from him. I use to have his phone number but it's been so long ago I have no idea where it's written down, I think I had a flip phone while talking to him lol.

If he did pass, he will always have a special place in my heart for the things he helped me with by going through hours of testing the simulator to insure it was able to do the task. many phone calls and emails during the testing, winds, speeds, stalls, timing, weight, flaps,etc. 

He had 3 different emails and no response from any of them. He lived in Ventura California..

Dave

Update, I'm 99% sure I found his address in Ventura

Edited by mrshutter45
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrshutter45 said:

Hominid always responded within one day on my emails. after looking further it was in 2019 that I last contacted him about the placard. I have sent multiple emails since about 2020 and got no response from him. I use to have his phone number but it's been so long ago I have no idea where it's written down, I think I had a flip phone while talking to him lol.

If he did pass, he will always have a special place in my heart for the things he helped me with by going through hours of testing the simulator to insure it was able to do the task. many phone calls and emails during the testing, winds, speeds, stalls, timing, weight, flaps,etc. 

He had 3 different emails and no response from any of them. He lived in Ventura California..

Dave

Update, I'm 99% sure I found his address in Ventura

Any idea what his background - work history was?

(edited)

Cooper Hair sample if it existed might reveal ?  crossed my notice today. 

Stable isotopes in hair reveal dietary protein sources with links to socioeconomic status, health, and region of the world.

Contributed by James R. Ehleringer, June 17, 2020 (sent for review August 14, 2019; reviewed by Stanley H. Ambrose and Diane M. O’Brien)
August 3, 2020
117 (33) 20044-20051

Edited by georger

(edited)
3 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Seen from a forensic point of view (yes there is such a thing!) the Cooper case is distinct. The DB Cooper case may come to be known as a 'textbook case' for what can go wrong in a criminal investigation where missed opportunities and a massive loss of physical evidence determine the outcome, perhaps for all time. The Cooper case intersects with the very period during which forensic science was developing by leaps and bounds, while law enforcement was blissfully ignorant of new opportunities ! For example, take a look at the history of CT Scanning and how that overlaps with the Cooper case timeline, if you are interested and you may not be interested! . See: https://www.isct.org/computed-tomography-blog/2017/2/10/half-a-century-in-ct-how-computed-tomography-has-evolved  

Imagine a CT scan of the Cooper money find and a reassembly of the bills into the form exactly as found! What could that have told us about the Cooper money find? That can never happen now thanks to a Judge and greedy people clamoring for their rights & rewards ! Its hilarious and sad. 

CT techniques have unraveled a charred burnt roll of early Biblical fragments - imagine what this technology could have done with the Ingram find! The 1976 San Francisco conference could have decided to simply wait and take stock, secure and protect all Cooper evidence, until such time as technology might have been available to address the Cooper case, but alas that was not the dominant point of view. So now we have Netflix videos instead of answers. People make choices that ripple in time, sometimes forever. 

Imagine this was the Cooper money Ingram find?   https://www.timesofisrael.com/1500-year-old-scrap-of-bible-found-near-dead-sea-deciphered/   In 1980 when the Cooper money was found some 70 million CT scans had been done in the US alone ... so the technology was available if someone had wanted to use it in the Cooper case ? But that would have taken foresight and training ... much like today and the Netflix docu-drama with the best untrained Cooper researchers ... on screen! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee Hah. The Netflix program is a product for sale. Nothing less, nothing more. It may be an indicator of where the Cooper case is and why!F150720FF003.jpg

Edited by georger

I agree with you on the science Georger.  But on the Netflix series I have a different view. DB Cooper’s relatives are out there. Maybe they know their grandfather was DB Cooper, maybe they don’t. But you never know how one of these shows will motivate someone to come forward or for some person to get excited to join the search. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

I agree with you on the science Georger.  But on the Netflix series I have a different view. DB Cooper’s relatives are out there. Maybe they know their grandfather was DB Cooper, maybe they don’t. But you never know how one of these shows will motivate someone to come forward or for some person to get excited to join the search. 

The real Tina Mucklow. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/db-cooper-tina-mucklow-untold-story-1111944/

January 12, 2021

Really mixed on these docs... good to see people we know but there isn't anything new.. 

They never move the ball.. always a rehash of what we know or often misinformation.

usually disappointing,

and a movie about Tina in the works...  meh..

I am working on something that presents a real solution with new information.

• Like 3

On 6/17/2022 at 4:21 PM, FLYJACK said:

Really mixed on these docs... good to see people we know but there isn't anything new.. 

They never move the ball.. always a rehash of what we know or often misinformation.

usually disappointing,

and a movie about Tina in the works...  meh..

I am working on something that presents a real solution with new information.

I agree. With 4 episodes, there should be plenty of time to dive into Tom Kaye's research and also to take a hard look at the tie. Instead, we probably get the same old info on the same old suspects that we all know aren't Cooper. I'm sure we also get a heavy dose of Rackstraw and Colbert as well. I appreciate what Colbert did with the FOIA and the 302's, but at the end of the day, I doubt he could beat a couple of 12 year old's at a game of Clue, much less solve the DB Cooper case.