47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Just like Kenneth Christiansen, the evidence does not support McCoy.. it mostly rejects him.

If you reject all the facts of the case then you can make almost anybody into Cooper.

Stews told the sketch artist Cooper had thin lips and a protruding lower lip, McCoy does not.

Cooper had dark eyes, McCoy had blue eyes.

Cooper had a full head of hair, curly/wavy/marceled, McCoy does not.

No scars were noticed for Cooper, McCoy has scars on his fingers and left side of nose (the side witnesses saw).

McCoy had large protruding ears, Cooper did not.

McCoy left fingerprints all over his UAL hijacking, those prints did not match any from Norjak.

McCoy left notes behind, Cooper took them all. Typewriter was matched to McCoy's home. His handwriting was also matched.

Pictures of McCoy were shown to UAL witnesses and identified as the hijacker, Norjak witnesses rejected images of McCoy.

Besides smoking 7/8 cigarettes Cooper had smoke stains on his right hand, McCoy did not smoke.

Cooper was described as Latin/Mexican in features and characteristics, McCoy was not.

Cooper was described as 45-50 with loose skin/turkey neck. McCoy was 28.

It was not only McCoy's wife that told the FBI he was home for thanksgiving.

Denise never said he was home on the 25th then changed her story, she said he was home for thanksgiving but she wasn't sure which day they had it.

McCoy's tie and clip were not matched to Cooper's, the claim was that he had a similar one.

253393902599.thumb.jpg.ee058b0ab7837bad1b0d9c6e3e490382.jpg

There is a backstory here..

https://www.deseret.com/1992/2/21/18969058/mccoy-s-widow-admits-helping-in-72-hijacking

"However, Wilkinson did prohibit the sale of any movie rights on the book if - only if - the movie would include four allegations in the book McCoy is currently protesting. Those allegations are: Karen McCoy threatened to throw her infant daughter under a passing truck, McCoy dated an FBI agent while married to Richard McCoy, she drove a getaway car used by Richard McCoy in the Provo hijacking and she conspired with the FBI to have her husband killed."

https://uspa.org/p/Article/skyjackerthe-richard-mccoy-jr-story

"In the tiny restroom, McCoy changed from his brown suit and shoes to the flashy “mod” clothes of the era: a green flowered shirt, an untied blue tie, a red-and-blue-striped sports jacket and black-and-white saddle shoes. He applied dark-toned makeup to his face and neck. He also donned a wig, since he knew he had to disguise his most notable feature: his ears. (He had been teased about them relentlessly; his nickname was Dumbo, even at the university.) In order to hide them, he wore his sister-in-law’s elastic headband under the wig. Unfortunately, the wig, recently dyed black, was stiff and unruly. As he tried to plaster it down with water and hairspray, black liquid ran down his face and onto his makeup."

Ouch, looks like Dan Gryder isn't getting the support of the vortex for his McCoy solve (it isn't) and is lashing out with the same ridiculous talking point part time super secret agent Blevins throws out when somebody points about the facts of the case..

If you don't accept my Cooper solve it is because you don't want it solved..  nonsense.

McCoy's kids have no first hand knowledge of the hijacking, they gave opinions with no evidence, probably because McCoy doesn't fit the actual evidence, like Reca, Peterson and poor Kenneth Christiansen.

Baseless claims by people 40-50 years later have very little credibility, even if they believe it.

The best part of Dan's video was the statement from Rataczak that he identified Portland and Cooper was gone by then. That supports and confirms earlier reports from the crew that Cooper jumped before Vancouver.. the glow of Portland/Vancouver but Dan spins it to claim Cooper jumped over the Columbia. Wrong dude. It shows Cooper didn't jump into the Columbia. Contrary to some arguments... Rataczak knew where Portland was and claimed Cooper jumped much further North. 

The other argument by some is that the oscillations and bump were separated by a substantial amount of time. No evidence for this and for Cooper to have jumped over the Columbia there would have to be two pressure bumps and the crew only reported the one.. Oscillations are pressure fluctuations visually represented by the needle on the pressure gauge while an extreme fluctuation is felt as a pressure bump. A pressure bump is also an extreme oscillation on the gauge. 

It is absolutely clear, the evidence supports a jump in the FBI area, approximately the Lewis River to about Battleground.

IMO, within that zone, Heisson area is the most likely LZ.

Here is an image of the lights/glow... obviously it would be less in 1971 but Vancouver and Portland would blend together as one area.. A Columbia River jump would be in the middle of those lights/glow, a Columbia R jump is not supported by the evidence.

lightglow.jpeg.4ca23e2ca6d86b54610607b55ab8971b.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

Eric Ulis throws down, comes in hot on Dan Gryder...

Ulis has the date for the tie wrong, not 62-64,, it was 64-65 but his point is still valid.

and Ulis still gets the money packets wrong.. they likely arrived on TBAR as one rubber banded bundle just as they went to Cooper.

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Eric Ulis throws down, comes in hot on Dan Gryder...

Ulis has the date for the tie wrong, not 62-64,, it was 64-65 but his point is still valid.

and Ulis still gets the money packets wrong.. they likely arrived on TBAR as one rubber banded bundle just as they went to Cooper.

Ulis who ?

7 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Ouch, looks like Dan Gryder isn't getting the support of the vortex for his McCoy solve (it isn't) and is lashing out with the same ridiculous talking point part time super secret agent Blevins throws out when somebody points about the facts of the case..

If you don't accept my Cooper solve it is because you don't want it solved..  nonsense.

McCoy's kids have no first hand knowledge of the hijacking, they gave opinions with no evidence, probably because McCoy doesn't fit the actual evidence, like Reca, Peterson and poor Kenneth Christiansen.

Baseless claims by people 40-50 years later have very little credibility, even if they believe it.

The best part of Dan's video was the statement from Rataczak that he identified Portland and Cooper was gone by then. That supports and confirms earlier reports from the crew that Cooper jumped before Vancouver.. the glow of Portland/Vancouver but Dan spins it to claim Cooper jumped over the Columbia. Wrong dude. It shows Cooper didn't jump into the Columbia. Contrary to some arguments... Rataczak knew where Portland was and claimed Cooper jumped much further North. 

The other argument by some is that the oscillations and bump were separated by a substantial amount of time. No evidence for this and for Cooper to have jumped over the Columbia there would have to be two pressure bumps and the crew only reported the one.. Oscillations are pressure fluctuations visually represented by the needle on the pressure gauge while an extreme fluctuation is felt as a pressure bump. A pressure bump is also an extreme oscillation on the gauge. 

It is absolutely clear, the evidence supports a jump in the FBI area, approximately the Lewis River to about Battleground.

IMO, within that zone, Heisson area is the most likely LZ.

Here is an image of the lights/glow... obviously it would be less in 1971 but Vancouver and Portland would blend together as one area.. A Columbia River jump would be in the middle of those lights/glow, a Columbia R jump is not supported by the evidence.

lightglow.jpeg.4ca23e2ca6d86b54610607b55ab8971b.jpeg

Have no idea where you got yours - mine is NASA (1960/1970/......

1970 WA lp zzz.JPG

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Ulis is simply trying usurp any contributions made by Dan Gryder. Ulis does not like competition regarding the Cooper case. 

Once Gryder started getting more than 100 times the YouTube views that Ulis has been getting...then Ulis sees him as a threat. 

It's pathetic, really. 

Blevins, you are the one who is pathetic and can't stand competition.  KC was not Cooper and I have never read your book and won't do so either.

10 hours ago, Robert99 said:

Blevins, you are the one who is pathetic and can't stand competition.  KC was not Cooper and I have never read your book and won't do so either.

Ouch, Robert99 comes in hot... Blevins does classic projection. Lots of drama in the vortex.

Kenneth Christiansen is not Cooper because he doesn't fit the evidence and there is nothing to indicate he was Cooper. Blevins ignores the facts, manufactures excuses and relies on unreliable/unproven immaterial "witness" claims.

It is not an opinion Blevins, the evidence rejects KC.

and I have Blevins on ignore so whatever he says in response about KC is nonsense. 

rejken.gif.24f4ff84be9616329bdf323503836099.gif

Edited by FLYJACK

9 hours ago, georger said:

Here's another version .... sky pollution map prepared by NASA.

1970x.JPG

Those images make the point..

Portland and Vancouver blend to make one glow...

Rataczak who was flying the plane admitted he knew where Portland was (in Dan's vid) yet claimed Cooper was gone by then and believed he jumped much further North.. If Cooper jumped over the Columbia River then Rataczak would have known it.

That is a big hurdle for the Columbia River jump crowd to overcome. Then there is the diatom issue.

They would have to discredit Rataczak. 

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

Dan Gryder made three critical errors,,

He succumbed to the Vortex's confirmation bias. Everyone struggles with this one.

He did not have adequate case knowledge. Inexcusable.

Finally, he missed that part time super secret agent Blevins already solved the case for the FBI causing them to close it out of embarrassment. 

Edited by FLYJACK
accurate description added: "part time"

more... crew could see the lights of Portland and other distinctive lights in the area.

Would a pilot know when they passed a Vortac.. like Battle Ground.

It seems that passing the Battle Ground vortac would be something the crew would aware of,, 

lightsport.jpeg.359ecb397589a0bf61d3dee6c2281763.jpeg

• Like 1

Rataczak dvd back up on Ebay... it is 1.5 hrs long.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303269552131?hash=item469c462003:g:UiEAAMXQPd1RHGOI\

He specifically said it was not Kenneth Christiansen.

One very interesting thing I missed the first time listening to the DVD was that Cooper rejected several refuelling destinations offered after they realized they could not reach his initial demand of Mexico nonstop. First San Francisco was rejected saying it was too big an airport, then he rejected both Los Angeles and San Diego also saying too big an airport..

Folding in the FBI document..

Cooper suggested Phoenix, that was rejected by the crew, He then indicated the plane could reach Yuma but preferred Reno.. they agreed to Reno.

Cooper specifically wanted to refuel at a small airport, Why.. if his initial plan was to jump in the PNW it wouldn't matter. Why argue for a small airport unless you expected to be on the plane when it landed.

I believe his initial plan was to jump South of the US border but changed his mind and jumped in the PNW.. if so, Cooper did not jump where he had planned, had no ground help and no escape plan.

refuelling.jpeg.019b5d7bdade9c8cd2a9c491298d9de3.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

Darren's new Vortex podcast has landed..

https://thecoopervortex.podbean.com/e/db-cooper-never-confessed-to-the-crime-tessa-d-amico/

I didn't realize Tessa lives right in my neighbourhood, Vancouver BC area.. does she have a Canadian accent?

She also rejected Kenneth Christiansen..  seems everyone has rejected him.

Tessa, missed Maillardville, part of New Westminster BC, it was a French Canadian blue collar enclave with lots of ex-military. Everyone was fluent in french and english and many spoke english with no accent. 5 hours drive from Portland. I researched it long ago,, if Cooper was Canadian he was from there. But after years of research I don't think Cooper was Canadian. He was Latin/Mexican and the Dan Cooper comic was published in Mexico in Spanish for Latin America. If the comic was the inspiration for the name, it was most likely from there. Though, I think it is a very remote possibility.

One theory I have been working on is that Cooper came up to Vancouver BC after the hijacking stayed at the YMCA, then flew across to Toronto and crossed back into the Eastern US.. I never liked the idea of Cooper flying within the US right after the hijacking to escape the PNW (as some have claimed), far too risky. He could fly across Canada under the radar. Back then it was much easier to cross the border, not like today. If Cooper lost all or most of the money he wouldn't have to worry about that.

Putting together a depository of info is tough.. there are actually very few facts and many of those are disputed even by Cooper veterans, that is where all the conflicts emerge. Even the FBI files conflict within themselves. Many people pushing suspects refuse to accept clear evidence that contradict their suspect. Nobody said a tan or a wig.

I have put together a list of about 70 facts and (mostly FBI) profile points just relating to Cooper to compare to suspects.. just direct Cooper profile stuff, not the money or other info. A suspect profile.

Looking at it, it is very apparent why there are so many suspects, if you knock out a few of the basic facts with excuses almost anyone can be made to fit. The more you match the better the suspect. 

Most of the Cooper suspects really fail miserably, some we don't have enough info for,,  but Hahneman is a near perfect match.

I still have a question for Robert99, pilots or pseudo-aviators..

When a jet passes a Vortac does a crew know it.

It seems to me that they would absolutely know when they passed a Vortac but I am not a pilot.

The crew believed Cooper jumped further North of Battle Ground Vortac when the pressure bump occurred. The crew also knew where Portland was.

So, if the crew knew when they passed the Battle Ground Vortac they would know if Cooper jumped before or after that point. They claim well before.

This ends the current argument about Cooper jumping into the Columbia River.

However, Columbia River jump proponents do have only one move left, to shift the bump and shift the argument. To claim the bump experienced and reported by the pilots was not Cooper jumping and that he jumped many minutes later. 

Beside there being no evidence for a Columbia landing and contradicted by the sled test results, there was no second bump felt. The pilots report the "pressure bump" as the last one.

Ultimately, all the evidence supports the FBI LZ, roughly between the Lewis R and Battle Ground.

2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

It seems to me that they would absolutely know when they passed a Vortac but I am not a pilot.

The crew believed Cooper jumped further North of Battle Ground Vortac when the pressure bump occurred. The crew also knew where Portland was.

So, if the crew knew when they passed the Battle Ground Vortac they would know if Cooper jumped before or after that point. They claim well before.

However, Columbia River jump proponents do have only one move left, to shift the bump and shift the argument. To claim the bump experienced and reported by the pilots was not Cooper jumping and that he jumped many minutes later. 

Beside there being no evidence for a Columbia landing and contradicted by the sled test results, there was no second bump felt. The pilots report the "pressure bump" as the last one.

Ultimately, all the evidence supports the FBI LZ, roughly between the Lewis R and Battle Ground.

A search on BTG Vortac has many returns so ...

Robert99

Further, there is not one bleeping fact to support the idea that the airliner passed over the Battleground VORTAC (which was known as the Portland VORTAC at that time) or east of the BTG VORTAC.

In fact, going over or east of the BTG VORTAC doesn't make sense in the first place. Such a route simply does not pass the smell test.

Robert

Edited by georger

2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

The flight crew would ABSOLUTELY know when they passed a VORTAC.  If the airliner was tracking directly to a VORTAC, the crew would tune in the VORTAC on one of their navigation receivers and set it up to show the radial that they should be on as they track inbound.  The navigation receiver would display the word "TO" until the airliner passed directly over the VORTAC at which time the word "TO" changes to "FROM".  If I remember correctly, there is also a three degree wide cone of silence that is projected vertically from the VORTAC.

If the airliner passed abeam or offset from the inbound radial of the VORTAC the "TO" word will change to "FROM" when the airliner is 90 degrees from the inbound radial as it passes the VORTAC station.  However, it will miss the cone of silence.

The time that the airliner passes the VORTAC is very important for navigational purposes and is known as "time over station".  That time would be written down in the navigational log.

There are brief descriptions of the VORTACs and related instruments on Wikipedia and I would suggest that you read them.  Also, the FAA has more detailed information on their free navigational publications and I highly recommend them if you want to really understand aircraft navigation. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, georger said:

A search on BTG Vortac has many returns so ...

Robert99

Further, there is not one bleeping fact to support the idea that the airliner passed over the Battleground VORTAC (which was known as the Portland VORTAC at that time) or east of the BTG VORTAC.

In fact, going over or east of the BTG VORTAC doesn't make sense in the first place. Such a route simply does not pass the smell test.

Robert

No one here is claiming that the airliner passed directly over the BTG VORTAC (which was known as the Portland VORTAC in 1971) and the so-called FBI map does not indicate that it did either.